Rob Greer Photography Reviews

125 | Houston, TX

125 Reviews for Rob Greer Photography

1 User photo

Jenna · Married on 11/07/2015

I had high expectations for our photography.
    I work in marketing and design, and have hired and worked on a lot of photoshoots for work. For me, the photographs for our wedding were one of the most important parts of the wedding. I wanted someone who would make people feel comfortable, take artistic portraits and capture beautiful candids.

So often wedding photos look contrived or are awkward to frame and hang as a photo in the house without having them scream 'WEDDING'.
    Rob's are different. He finds a balance of sentimentality and art - looking at our photos he managed to capture every single aspect of the day itself, but also doing so in a way that is artistic and beautiful and begs to be blown up big and hung on the wall.

Our site had challenges - from size of the venue, to elderly relatives, to lighting - from our first meeting with Rob (over a beer at his house), I was completely confident that he was going to take care of everything (not to mention that he would be fun to spend the whole day with). As a bride, having that type of faith in your vendor is a god send. Up until 2 weeks before we didn't know if it was going to be pouring down rain (at our outdoor wedding). However, I was totally calm, because I knew that if that was the case, Rob had the calmness to make everyone have a good time, and creativity to get some incredible photos. It ended up being sunny and beautiful, and our photos look like something out of the pages of a magazine.

If I could give Rob any more stars I would.

Sent on 11/30/2015

Danielle · Married on 10/17/2015

Rob Greer is the whole package. Enough said…
    But seriously Rob and his secondary photographer, Vanessa, were worth months of searching to find the perfect people to capture our wedding day. Rob was the only photographer we found of his caliber and experience who also provided exceptional customer service. Rob was somehow punctual, organized, detail-oriented, and thorough, but still so creative and flexible-a professional and an artist in one. He has a natural ability to find a memory in every environment. It is still a surprise to me that one of my favorite photographs from my wedding is a reflection in a muddy parking lot.
    Even more importantly, Rob has a calm, comforting presence that made even the most camera-shy of my family members feel at ease. He was able to keep a schedule without making me feel rushed and inject subtle comedy when wedding jitters crept in. He felt like part of the family within the first five minutes of walking in. I believe that, along with his natural eye, allowed for Rob to capture my guests in some fantastic candid shots. My grandparents sharing a look of love while reminiscing their own wedding day sixty-five years earlier, my father-in-law sharing heartfelt advice through one if his hilarious anecdotes; these are photographs I will cherish forever, because they were able to portray not just what these people looked like in that moment in time, but who they are.
    In addition to the superb work that Rob did leading up to and on the wedding day, he also provided a product tailored exactly to what my husband and I wanted. This included RAW files from every click of the camera and a non-disclosure agreement allowing us to keep our private, intimate wedding day exactly that-private. After hundreds of weddings and an immense amount of recognition within his profession, Rob was still able to appreciate and respect how unique and extraordinary that day was to us.

Sent on 01/13/2018

Laura · Married on 06/12/2015

Rob Greer is amazing! We met with a few other photographers, but upon meeting Rob, we knew right away he was the perfect fit for us. He is communicative, creative, professional, courteous, and most importantly, honest. We chose to do our engagement session with Rob and I'm so happy we did. Not only did it allow us all to get comfortable around each other, but it made us confident that our wedding pictures would turn out wonderful. Let me tell you....they turned out better than we could have ever imagined! Rob captured all the emotions and details of the wedding, that as a bride and groom, can easily be missed amidst the chaos. On a day that could have been stressful, Rob helped to make it fun, comfortable, and all the while, organized. Our wedding party and family raved about his professionalism and his skill to make people genuinely smile and laugh. He goes beyond his role and it's apparent he cares that your day goes beyond what you envisioned. Check out his portfolio...the proof is in the pudding!

Sent on 09/14/2015

This review is long in the making, but is very necessary. My wife and I were married in April. Leading up to our wedding, my wife and I had to make many important decisions, and I can say without reservation that choosing Rob Greer as our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions we could have possibly made. Rob was hands-down our best vendor. He brought with him a sense of professionalism and an understanding for how a wedding should look and feel, qualities that surfaced very early in the process when he made insightful recommendations regarding our venue, table arrangements, and getaway car. And you don't have to take my word for it - just look the wedding planning tips on his website.

Furthermore, on the day of our wedding, Rob continued to impress. He kept the bridal party on schedule while taking AMAZING photographs. He understands that you don't just want pictures, you want captured moments. He would always position my wife, the bridal party, and I just right so as to capture our best sides. And he's funny too. Every single member of our bridal party raved about how awesome Rob was and about how fun it was to take photos with him. Also, for anyone planning to employ both a videographer and photographer on your wedding day, it's important that you understand the pros and cons of each. Great video often comes at the cost of great photos as the videographers take the prime position for the first kiss, the walk down the isle, etc, meaning that your photographer isn't able to capture photos from said prime position. Deciding which is most important to you (photo/video) is key - for us it was photos, which we articulated to both Rob and our videographer. With that directive in hand, Rob worked with our videographer to ensure that he captured the best photographs while ensuring quality video as well (I've heard horror stories of videographers and photographers bickering over position during the actual wedding and subsequently both producing poor quality)

Sent on 07/31/2015

Our first and favorite. I knew from the moment that I happened upon Rob's portfolio online that I needed him to be our wedding photographer. We interviewed several others, but we were not only blown away by the quality of his photos, but the knowledge and obsessive detail-orientation that he brings to the craft. Here's why you should hire Rob in a nutshell: 1) His images are timeless - all his photos are centered around people, not the background. His eye for detail is unparalleled, and his photos are the type that will remain relevant today, tomorrow, and for years to come. 2) He makes taking photos fun - we had many folks in our wedding party that weren't the most jazzed about having their picture taken, but they were converts after Rob. Whether it is making up funny nicknames, cracking jokes, or just generally being the coolest dude ever, he makes you want to laugh, smile, and most importantly, want to become his best friend. 3) He tells it to you straight / knows his stuff - Rob knows what is good and bad, and we have trusted his professional judgment on all things related to the wedding. He was an essential part of planning our details for the big day, and helped advise our other vendors about placement, timing, etc. Look no former than the wedding planning portion of his website to know that he knows what works and what doesn't - Rob's know how allows him to secure all the little details necessary to get that perfect shot. 4) Follows through and follows up - You're not just another client to Rob. He's in demand and can be choosy about who he works with (he caps how many weddings he takes on in a year). He truly wants to ensure the best possible outcome for all of his clients, and goes out of the way to check in, both before and after the wedding, to not only make sure what he needs is secured, but also to provide perspective and feedback on what would be best overall for your big day.
    BOTTOM LINE - Our first vendor, our favorite vendor. BOOK HIM!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Jessica · Married on 02/21/2015

We had a wonderful experience with Rob. From the very beginning he was responsive via e-mail and available by phone. We got to meet with him personally to go over details before hiring him on, it really helped to see if we would mesh well. My husband and him hit it off right away and that's when I knew that Rob would be our photographer. He's funny and outgoing, he made the whole wedding party laugh and have a great time. My husband who dislikes getting his photo taken said that being photographer together by Rob was his favorite part of the whole wedding, that really tells you something there! Rob really knows how to capture the moment and make everything look stunning, he has a great eye for detail. The end result are amazing photos that we will cherish forever! We plan to hire him again, this time for family photos :)

Sent on 03/09/2015

I’ll never forget our first meeting with Rob. I cried three times! His vision of our wedding day was just perfect.

Rob was always quick to respond and very helpful whenever I needed some input or recommendations. He never made a promise that he didn't keep, and he is very upfront and honest, which is important when you are trusting someone to capture your special day.

When you are a bride, you miss a lot, so the photos taken to document the details and moments are priceless! We are so in love with our photos and we could not be happier with them. They are perfect, thanks to Rob!

I also want to say thank you to Vanessa. Rob, she was wonderful!

We highly recommend him!

Rob, you exceeded our expectations!

Sent on 01/21/2015

David · Married on 01/03/2015

Rob was terrific from the start. He was quite professional and very helpful not only with the photography but also with recommendations for the other parts of the wedding as well. His presence was seamless with the timing of the photos and the activities of the wedding and reception. He worked well with the videographers. He was also great with the kids as well. Both the engagement and the wedding photos were awesome. He seems to have an ability to truly capture the moment.
    I definitely would recommend him to our friends.

Sent on 01/25/2015

From the first time we met with Rob, I knew that our wedding photography would be in good hands. We were assured that he planned for the worst so that the day would go smoothly no matter what, and he did! Even with the things that inevitably didn't go as planned, he was able to get us through while still getting the shots we wanted! Rob was easy to work with, listened and provided advice when needed, had fantastic report with the guests (and my 2.5 and 5 year old nephews who he got to smile for all the pictures for us) and on top of all of that, took fantastic pictures! He is on the more expensive side, but well worth it. I count myself lucky to have had Rob as my wedding photographer!

Sent on 03/05/2015
  • W

Wes · Married on 10/20/2014

He made things much easier for my wife and I with his professionalism and attention to detail. He had a great attitude and was fun to work with. Highly recommended.

Sent on 07/19/2015
  • I

Ian · Married on 10/04/2014

Rob was nothing short of amazing! He offered lots of great advice during the planning stage, and has lots of great reading material on his website. We chose Rob based on his portfolio- his work is fresh and fun, and really comes alive. He was also really great on the day of- very personable and really took the time to get everyone to look their best. His assistant was wonderful too. All in all, we couldn't have been happier with his work, and our guests can't say enough about how pleased they are with the photos. Highly recommended!!

Sent on 11/02/2014

Johnnie · Married on 10/04/2014

Rob Greer is a fabulous! Rob made the process easy, comfortable and fun. He was great at communicating, finding out what we liked and capturing it. Since our wedding, we have received countless compliments about the photos. They are crisp, clean and modern (yet timeless). When looking back on all of our wedding expenses, Rob's photography was worth every penny.

Sent on 11/17/2014

Kimberly · Married on 08/16/2014

Rob is the best at what he does! My husband and I were so pleased with the way our engagement and wedding pictures turned out. In addition, Rob did everything so professionally on our wedding day that it was truly a great experience for us, the wedding party, and guests. We are so glad we chose Rob to capture our wedding day! We have the most beautiful memories through our pictures!

Sent on 10/31/2014

From the very beginning we knew Rob was our guy. He welcomed us into his beautiful home and showed us videos and albums of his previous work, which we could tell he was very proud and passionate about. Not only were we impressed with his talented work, but our personalities clicked instantly and just like that we had our wedding photographer! We choose to do engagement photos with Rob, which he highly recommends, in order for each of us to get more comfortable and familiar with one another. Rob has a ton of experience so he is great at suggesting ideal locations if you aren't set on a specific spot. We wanted an urban and modern setting and had so much fun shooting at The Walt Disney Music Hall in downtown LA. After hours of smiles we we're all exhausted but knew Rob captured some great moments. Just a few short weeks later we received our engagement photos back, which we loved and were able to send out our save the dates. Rob was very transparent and asked us for our honest feedback with what we liked and didn't like in order for him to improve on his shots for our wedding day. As we got closer to our wedding day we were in contrast contact with Rob, going over shot lists, timing and all the other finalizing details. Rob was also great about communicating with our coordinator and other vendors to ensure everything was planned and executed perfectly. On the day our of wedding Rob and his assistant showed up earlier than scheduled and immediately started working. He and his assistant went back and forth between the girls and guys while we were all getting ready as he shot both candid and posed looks. Everything was on schedule as the day progressed, which I understand never happens, so we had plenty of time for our individual, bridal party and family photos. Again, Rob was extremely organized and had a vision for everything, which is a major reason why the whole day was absolutely magical and we couldn't be more obsessed with how all the photos turned out!

Sent on 12/11/2014

Alexis · Married on 07/19/2014

If there was a piece of advice I could offer any couple planning their wedding it would be this: Hire the best photographer your budget can afford. I was adamant about finding the best photographer we could find and it took my number one priority when wedding planning started. After searching through several pages of photographers on the wedding circuit (wedding wire, the knot, wedding bee), I had only come across (maybe) 3 photographers that had caught my eye- the number one contender being Rob Greer. I was immediately drawn to his style- classic, clean and timeless photos. Nothing trendy or gimmicky- they were photos that told a story. This is what I was looking for. I was not simply looking to find someone to capture our moments but someone who would articulate our specific story through photos that spoke to the viewer. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Comb through the highlighted photos on Rob Greer’s website- they don’t just speak a thousand words, they tell you a thousand stories, each one unique to the couple/family/individual being captured. If you are deciding on pictures alone, Rob’s portfolio is enough to end your search. But on top of being such a professional creative genius behind the lens, Rob is simply a good guy to be around. He made us feel comfortable at both our engagement shoot and wedding day. He put us at ease, he made us laugh, and was just a genuinely cool dude to hang out with. Maybe this is why he is able to capture such warm and interesting photos- he actually cares about making his subjects comfortable in front of the camera! Hiring Rob was the smartest and best decision we made while wedding planning. Rob is a nothing but a pleasure to work with- smart and honest with talent beyond measure. He was easily accessible for any questions you might have and was an index of amazing wedding advice and tips to keep in mind during wedding planning. But all that is an extra bonus when picking Rob. His photos speak for themselves

Sent on 11/11/2014

Peter · Married on 07/19/2014

As the groom I did not have a photography perspective that I was looking for in regards to a photographer. I wanted someone who was easy to work with, assertive, and would be able to tell a story for my wife and I on our special day and Rob Greer delivered all of this and more! Not only was Rob extremely professional, but he had a knack for making you feel comfortable in front of the camera and helping you relax your nerves when it was needed. When you talk to Rob, not only are you getting great photography advice, but he is full of additional wedding advice that you may not know you needed, or even had though about. He was able to help guide us on our day to make it as smooth as possible, while providing amazing photographs as well!

Rob is well worth the time and money and if you want your photos to be with you and represent your day and tell your story in the best way possible. Give Rob a call and set up an appointment!

Sent on 12/05/2014

Katie · Married on 07/12/2014

Impeccable photos, all-star personality, and a true professional in every sense of the word. Rob talks-the-talk and the exceptional caliber of images speak for themselves; but out of the well over 20 vendors in the wedding planning process Rob was the ONLY one who walked-the-walk. Rob makes only promises he can deliver, he will tell you like it is, and he will not disappoint you when all is said and done.

I am hyper critical of myself in photos and I loved every one Rob took of me on my wedding day. Aside from looking good, the next most important thing to me was my wedding running on schedule and Rob was supremely paramount in making that actually happen. I know it’s incredibly important that a photographer take great pictures, but you have no idea how important it is for the photographer to also be a highly organized until that big day comes. Rob embodies that rare combination of a true artist, but also a genuine professional; a vital mix needed for a successful wedding. Rob is a wealth of knowledge and throughout the whole planning process sent articles, tips, and advice on any number of issues. Sometimes we thought it was over-the-top all the tips, but we always came back to the fact that we were so thankful we actually hired a photographer that cared so much about the quality of his product and the satisfaction of his client that he was willing to spend so much extra time to make sure we were as educated as possible. When the big day came, we could not be more pleased that we read each and everything he sent us and tried our best to adhere to his recommendations and expertise. We did not do our part perfectly, but Rob still did his perfectly, and we can’t ever thank him enough.

Sent on 08/05/2014

Kathleen · Married on 07/12/2014

When my daughter called with news of her engagement my husband and I immediately reminisced about our wedding moments! We pulled out our photo album of 35 years ago and said "Oh, Lordy, we have got to make sure she and her betrothed have wedding photos that are timeless and beautiful, not frightful!" Our children loved to look at our wedding photos when they were little and I cringed every time the album came out! I wanted my daughter and her husband-to-be to have photos to cherish forever and be proud to show their children! The very first thing we did is scour over SCORES of photographer websites looking for "THE PHOTOGRAPHER." I'm not kidding when I say scores. Night after night we poured over those websites. And then we saw Rob's pictures. It was love at first sight. We sent the engagees an email with our favorite 10 and hoped they'd see what we saw. And they did! His work is beautiful. The fact that he was a former marine like my husband only bolstered "the love." I cannot say enough good things about Rob. He was far and away our favorite vendor. He even tweaked the placement of my daughter's veil to perfection! He was professional, detailed, fun, quirky and his photos are gorgeous! He captured so many beautiful moments-in-time that I would have never seen otherwise. He delivered in every aspect and I will recommend him to anyone that asks! When my sons get married, he's number one on my list! No need to look any further. You cannot go wrong with Rob! 5 stars is not enough.

Sent on 08/09/2014

Mike · Married on 07/12/2014

As father of the bride I had few choices in wedding preparation. What I did get to do was look over the many photographer websites and help select. The one that stood out was Rob Greer Photography. His pictures had a creative flare that in my opinion were unparalleled. It was a no-brainer unanimous decision he was our choice. I didn't have a chance to meet Rob prior to the wedding day, but I knew as a former Marine like myself I could trust that he would have the same attention to detail as I would have. The day of the wedding when Rob arrived at least an hour earlier than what he had said and mapped out his plan of action, I knew we were in good hands. He helped us tweak the seating arrangements in the garden for the best possible photo opportunities. My daughter, her fiancé and Rob set off for some pre wedding photos and Rob somehow finagled his way into a well-known celebrity's spectacular gated property where he took some amazing pictures in the garden. Simply incredible photos. Aside from his beautiful photography he bailed me out of a sticky situation with my daughter when I was unavoidably detained at the reception site trying to pull all the last minute stuff together. Unbeknownest to me my daughter was waiting for me for the initial roll out. I being completely oblivious to this, saw my daughter as I drove up, probably cutting it a little close to wedding time, and whipped out my cell phone to take some pictures. I would personally like to thank you, Rob, for saving my a$% and diffusing that situation. He captured photos of our father/daughter dance that makes me shed a tear every time I see them. Basically, if you're looking for a wedding photographer, the search ends here.

Sent on 08/22/2014

Shaun · Married on 06/21/2014

Robe was amazing. He was very professional at all times. What I liked best was that he kept us on our very tight schedule the entire day. I really appreciated his dedication to detail and understanding what would work best to give us the best possible photos.
    Sincerely,
    Shaun Delhousay

Sent on 07/28/2014

Lauren · Married on 06/21/2014

Rob and his assistant Vanessa photographed our June wedding at the South Coast Botanic Gardens in Palos Verdes, CA. We chose Rob as a photographer because his photos made us feel like we knew the people in them. Each photo we saw made us feel the emotion of the moment and that is what we wanted to be captured on our special day.

Leading up to the wedding, Rob was friendly and down-to-earth, while also maintaining the utmost level of professionalism. He was detailed and thorough, and made us feel confident that the timeline of our day was in good hands.

On our wedding day, Rob and his second photographer, Vanessa, felt like old friends. From nicknaming our wedding party to making sure we were hydrated, they made us feel so comfortable while helping to create and capture wonderful moments with our friends and family. Our getting ready photos were HILARIOUS. Let's just say fancy pinwheel sandwiches turned into eyeballs and winky faces got fierce in a hurry. So much fun to do and even more fun to see in a photo! The First Looks that I did with my father and my husband were moments that I will never forget. Not only did the photos turn out beautifully, but Rob really celebrated each moment with us.

Our goal in the beginning was for someone to document our wedding day. But what Rob gave us was something much more than that. He captured exactly who we are as a couple, and as individuals, laughing, crying, and being silly. Most of all, he captured our love for one another and our families on one of the most important days of our lives. I wasn't just satisfied with our experience with Rob, I was greatly impressed. And so were all of our guests and other vendors. If you are looking for someone that will make your day run smoothly, teach you how to hold your train so it doesn't get dirty, take stunning photos that will make you relive each moment like it was yesterday, and who is just a real nice guy in general, Rob is your guy. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 07/29/2014

My wife and I hired Rob to photograph our wedding, and we couldn't be happier with the results. A few thoughts:

1. Rob takes excellent photos. Since a picture is worth a thousand words, check out his website to see some examples of his style. And while what you see there will give you a sense of his style, he isn't a mechanical photographer who takes the same shot over and over. He adapted extremely well to our preferences, venue, and wedding, and created a whole set of unique shots that my wife and I love. The hardest part was narrowing down our favorite the photos to fit into an album.

2. Rob is easy to work with. He showed up to everything on time, responds to emails and calls promptly, got along well with our other vendors, and provided us with so much helpful information and input about the photography process and wedding experience. And to get his great shots, Rob never "got in the way." He always was ready to get the shot, but he never was obtrusive, took over, or otherwise interfered with the day.

3. Rob is a great value. For all of the services that he provides, Rob is an excellent value. Between our engagement session and wedding, we received well over a thousand photos, and he provided us with digital copies of all the photos to share with friends and family. Furthermore, while Rob isn't a wedding coordinator, his advice is almost coordinator-like. He provided thoughts on our wedding day timeline and vendor recommendations, helped calm an anxious relative, and other similar services.

Sent on 10/20/2014

Nathan · Married on 05/10/2014

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our experience with Rob Greer and his assistant on our wedding day. The entire experience was well planned as every detail was accounted for. If you are looking for attention to detail, creativity and professionalism then Rob Greer Photography is the vendor for you on your special day. Make the investment as you will not regret it! Thanks again Rob.

Sent on 07/19/2014

Jackie · Married on 01/18/2014

Rob Greer was a pleasure to work with. From our first initial meeting with Rob, he was detailed and thorough. My husband and I knew exactly what to expect when it came to the quality of our photos, details about pricing, and details concerning our engagement session and wedding day. Working with Rob was pretty straightforward and easy. During our engagement session, we were initially a little nervous. Neither my husband nor I had ever taken professional photos in this fashion before. Rob was patient with us, even when I was a little tense because of my husband's goofiness. He was sure to take us step by step through the process. Rob produced such high quality engagement photos that I was not the least bit nervous for our wedding day coverage. When our big day arrived, Rob was not only on time, but early. This gave him and our second shooter time to take pictures of the details (e.g. invitation, flowers, newspaper for the day, shoes, dress, etc.). Rob made the engagement session and bridal party pictures a fun experience! He had many creative ideas on how to pose us, but also took all of our suggestions as well. So now, we have some really fun and fantastic photos of the men holding bouquets and the women holding the sabers. He even captured some of my favorite candid moments of the wedding. Everything that was planned in terms of photography, Rob Greer has delivered above and beyond our expectations!

Sent on 02/17/2014
  • F

Francis · Married on 12/14/2013

Rob is a terrific photographer with an eye for the "whole picture", so to speak. He was extremely organized and helped us keep not only the photos but the wedding and reception on track. His confidence and leadership were very comforting to us as we fumbled our way through our first (and hopefully last) wedding.

Rob possesses a keen artistic eye and uses it to make standard wedding poses fun and interesting. We loved his use of space and surrounding structures to give a surreal effect. He had the whole wedding party constantly laughing with his quips and helped everyone to feel right at home in front of the camera.

Sent on 02/04/2014