Roadside Chive Reviews

Roadside Chive 3
Roadside Chive 4
Roadside Chive 5

Brenna · Married on 11/11/2018

I would do it all over again!!

Currey and staff were a dream to work with from the moment I contacted her in August to our wedding in November. We were planning a wedding in a city where none of us lived on a friend's farm. Currey held our hand every step of the way. She and her staff were fun to work with and the tasting was one of most fun things we did. We had a cold November day (tents were heated) and there was no grumbling - everyone was so professional. The manager on site (Anna ?) just about predicted my every need. The food was unbelievable. People are still talking about the pumpkin bread!! I would do it all over again!! They partner with Gibson Rentals. Mike and his team were also fantastic.

Sent on 01/04/2019

Roadside Chive's reply:

YES - let's do it all over again!!! ;) Thanks for taking the time to leave a review - HI to your family!! xoxo
    (and now I want a donut - C)
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 10/13/2018

"Best Wedding Food Ever" - Our Wedding Guests

Curry and her team (especially Danielle) were absolutely amazing! They were so responsive, full of great ideas and open to suggestions. They were honest as far as what we could cut or should skip to keep our budget to a minimum. I really felt like they pulled my whole wedding together. Guests said that this was the best food that they have ever had at a wedding and I couldn't agree more. If I could do it all over again, I would still choose them. Don't hesitate, get in touch with them NOW!

Sent on 12/21/2018
    Roadside Chive 6
    Roadside Chive 7
    Roadside Chive 8

Roadside Chive's reply:

LET'S DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN!!! (for an anniversary maybe;) Thanks for taking the time to leave a review - miss you all!! C + D
  • MaryKate

Marykate Dalton · Married on 10/07/2018

Roadside Chive went the extra mile for our wedding!

Currey, Danielle, and the Roadside Chive staff was the best decision we made when booking vendors. Currey was on the phone with my mother from the very beginning and thanks to her we found other vendors we came to love! She made great suggestions for people in the area, which was life saving when planning a wedding from afar! We had a lot of food allergies to accommodate on our wedding day, Currey and her staff were incredible at ensuring those considerations were taken into place and those with food allergies had food to eat that wasn't different from what everyone else was eating. So a lot of our guests were served gluten free items or vegan items or dairy items and guess what... the food was so good no one ever knew!! We got many compliments at how amazing our catering team was and I couldn't agree more! Currey and her team felt like family during this planning process and took all our questions and concerns and put them to ease! She made our dreams of a cake buffet and our Pittsburgh Cookie table come to life! Her staff is wonderful, so professional, so helpful, and very accommodating! We also used Roadside Chive's day of wedding planner, Danielle, and words cannot describe how amazing she was! Danielle made things happen quickly, efficiently, and seamlessly. As the bride and groom we had not a care in the world except living out every moment of our wedding day together! I was a carefree bride thanks to Danielle! We didn't have to worry about anything or anyone, Danielle had everything under control and had everyone in place where they needed to be! All in all Roadside Chive was pretty awesome with their attention to detail, the quality of food, and their support in the planning process and execution!

Sarah · Married on 09/29/2018

RSC is amazing!

When we first met Currey we knew she was the one for us. She was so sweet and fun and we could tell we would be well taken care of with her. She was forgiving with my constant questions and menu changes and her team did an amazing job of keeping me organized and taken care of. Currey and Danielle worked flawlessly to coordinate our rentals with Beggars Banquet and Gibson so that I didn’t have to do any of that leg work. The food was delicious, and she even took a family recipe of ours and nailed it! Her waitstaff and bartenders were professional and friendly and we got rave reviews on the whole show.

Now for the best part.. Ashley Kovach was provided to us through Roadside Chive as our day of coordinator. This was the best decision we could have made for our wedding. She reached out early on to check in and gather preliminary details and then checked in every now and then to make sure I was calm and that everything was going smoothly. As the weeks winded down she did an amazing job of organizing all my thoughts and even wrangling all of my vendors for me to confirm and make sure they were on the same page. She ran rehearsal with a not so easy family like a champ and took all of my miscellaneous décor and did a beautiful job of bringing it all together with zero direction from me. I was able to sit back on the morning of and relax and enjoy my day and she communicated just enough to keep me sane but not be a bother. She would send me pictures to double check things and it just put me right at ease. Our wedding day was FLAWLESS. If something went wrong, we didn’t know about it! She did an amazing job of keeping us as close to our timeline as she could and worked great with our other vendors. She checked in on us to make sure we were doing ok, made sure I had a drink, and even made our plates for us so we didn’t have to visit the buffet. 5 stars to Ashley and Roadside Chive!!

Terry · Married on 08/25/2018

Currey and her team were amazing! From food, to service, to being quick to respond to any of our needs they were right there. Would highly recommend! Thanks for helping our daughters wedding be a success !
    Mike and Terry

Corrie · Married on 08/18/2018

Beyond satisfied with the catering, setup, breakdown, staff, and planning that Currey and her team achieved. Currey was so extremely helpful throughout my entire wedding planning process. I planned from across the country and she had every single detail for the day taken care of from floor plan to rentals. Her staff were extremely professional and attentive! The food was stunning, delicious and fresh. LOVED everything about their services. I can't say enough good things about Roadside Chive. It was the best day of my life and a huge part of that was because of the catering team!

Roadside Chive 9
    Roadside Chive 10
  • Kaitlin

Kaitlin · Married on 08/03/2018

Roadside Chive an amazing catering service. From the food to the recommendations for rentals to the day-of coordinator, they have everything you could need from a catering service. Their food was raved about by many of the wedding guests and they have so many options for any size and style wedding.

Michael · Married on 03/10/2018

We used Roadside Chive for our wedding in March 2018. We had a cocktail reception with heavy appetizers for roughly 40 people. We knew that we wanted poutine at our wedding, which they accommodated, but other than that, we chose from suggestions that they made. Everything was delicious! At the end of the night, they packed up a little basket of food for the two of us to bring back to our hotel with us, which was so thoughtful! I don't know if this is normal, but they also left the rest of the leftovers at the venue for us to pick up the next day, which we weren't expecting but really appreciated.

Sylvie · Married on 09/30/2017

Roadside Chive catered our wedding, provided staff for our welcome party, and arranged our day-of wedding coordinator (Rachel Shamey). All of the above were awesome! Currey and Danielle were so fun to work with, and very helpful in preparing a menu for the marriage of a vegetarian to an avid meat eater. We had buffet stations with a large variety of small bites, and everything was delicious - I wish I had gotten to eat more of it. Although our wedding was last fall, I'm still hearing rave reviews about the meal when I catch up with our wedding guests. Great food, great price, great people - what more could you want!

Katie · Married on 09/09/2017

Currey and her team are just incredible in every way. Currey literally became my wedding planner (especially when the real wedding planner went MIA for a month or so, ah!) and helped with every single question my mom, my dad and my partner and I had throughout the year. She was a trooper with all our inquiries but always responsive and accommodating. Currey is easygoing and a pleasure to work with. The food was incredible. Everyone keep saying this wasn't "wedding food" and how delicious everything was, from the appetizer to the meal. She also helped create our couple's cocktail which wasn't so simple-old fashion with housemade cherries. I would recommend Roadside Chive to anyone that needs wonderful food and service. Cannot thank her and her team for making my wedding day so special.

Callie · Married on 06/24/2017

Roadside Chive was the caterer for our daughter and new son-in-law's wedding at the Market at Grelen on June 24, 2017. I cannot praise Roadside Chive enough (Currey Fountain, Danielle, and all the staff). The food was delicious, the setup was done perfectly, and ALL the staff involved were so professional, but friendly and helpful to all our guests. Our day of wedding coordinator, Rachel Shamey, who was provided to us through Roadside Chive, was excellent and helped to make the wedding run smoothly.

We started our journey with Roadside Chive back in September 2016. From the beginning, Currey Fountain, the owner, was fun to work with, so helpful and accommodating to me in the planning process, and always upbeat and offering great ideas. Our tasting was so much fun! The details of the event (from tables to linens) were handled beautifully by Roadside Chive (working with Gibson Rental and Beggars Banquet); and on the day of the event, everything looked gorgeous! The food was wonderful and presented in such a lovely way.

I highly recommend Roadside Chive to anyone planning a wedding or event in the Orange/Charlottesville, VA area. They helped to make our daughter's wedding a stunning event, and I would use them again in a heartbeat!
    Callie Call - Mother of the Bride

ben · Married on 06/17/2017

Roadside Chive absolutely blew us away. If you do not hire them, you aren't trying hard enough to have a memorable and affordable wedding. Everything from start to finish was exceptional. Currey helped us every step of the way. We loved that they do not have a set menu. After a short meeting with Currey, she put together what she thought we would want, and it was spot on. The one thing with our wedding that we never stressed with at all was the catering.

Currey gave the appearance that everything would be taken care of, down to the details we weren't even thinking of. They executed even above these expectations the day of. The staff showed up on time, was charming, and of course the food was amazing. By far the best food I have ever had at a wedding.

We can honestly say that our wedding would not have been as good as it was without Currey and her team at Roadside Chive. We received tons of compliments about the food, and even the friendliness of the staff

Kalika · Married on 06/17/2017

Roadside Chive Catering & Events were an absolute pleasure to work with! On our initial call, we were thrilled that Currey took the time to really understand our vision for our wedding day, our favorite foods, and family traditions. She then came up with an amazing custom menu that only required a few tweaks when we met in-person for the first time. We loved everything at the menu tasting, even the fresh nectarine and corn salad which they went our of their way to prepare for us wayyy before nectarines were in season. Currey was always responsive to our questions via email and attended our final walk-through at the venue to confirm our layout since her team also set up all ceremony and reception tables and chairs. On the day of the wedding, Danielle and the Roadside Chive team executed everything flawlessly. Danielle kept our 140 guests organized as they went through the buffet, and all of the servers were courteous. Many guests complimented the friendly service. Our food was FANTASTIC. The mango chutney and parsley chimichurri sauce for falafel and Indian-spiced potato rolls were two of my favorites. We were also impressed that the thinly sliced cilantro lime grilled chicken breasts stayed moist and tender. The fresh nectarine, corn and arugula salad was refreshing and perfect for the hot weather. Thank you so much for everything, Currey, Danielle, and the whole Roadside Chive team!

Nicole · Married on 06/09/2017

We hired Roadside chive as our caterer for our wedding in June 2017. From the first day we were in contact with Currey and Danielle to the actual wedding, it was such a seamless and actually fun process! We did a tasting of our menu and absolutely LOVED how delicious it all was and how accommodating Currey, Danielle and their team were. Not only was the food tasty but on the actual day of the wedding they helped with so much coordination of moving around tables, setting up decor or whatever we needed. Their entire staff was so warm and welcoming along with being professional. We are so happy to have hired them as our caterer.

Lynne · Married on 05/20/2017

Currey and her team at Roadside Chive created the most elegant, delicious and beautiful meal for our wedding. All of the food was fantastic, and our guests were very pleased and satisfied! Currey was a delight to work with-- she is extremely talented, patient, and responsive to our requests and desires. Not only that, Currey is a true pro- she had wonderful recommendations and helped connect us to other wedding vendors. Currey is the real deal and her team is top notch. All the servers were courteous and professional, and pulled of the entire wedding party very smoothly! We also had the pleasure of working with Danielle Johnson, from Roadside Chive, who helped us as a "day of planner". Danielle was FANTASTIC. She swooped in before the wedding and took the reins so that we could relax and enjoy our wedding day. She coordinated the vendors and set up, and made sure the overall timeline of the wedding and meal were maintained. I was confident knowing that Danielle would take care of the details and last minute calls/tasks on the day of the wedding. If you are lucky enough to book Roadside Chive for your event, you will be in fantastic hands.

• X

Xin · Married on 03/26/2017

Hire Roadside Chive, period. Okay, working with Currey and her Roadside Chive was such an exceptional experience! We reached out to Roadside Chive about 10 months before the wedding, and immediately got response from Currey and followed by proposed menu and estimates. The initial consultation on the menu gave me a strong feeling that Currey really cared her customers. No matter how little the suggestion or concern I made, she always recommended something even better, always beyond my expectations. But we did not make the final decision until tasting where we found that food was so delicious and beautifully presented, Currey and her team were so well prepared and listened to our requirements, moreover, she thought and planned from our perspective to save us money. Currey had all the great characteristics of running a wedding catering company—professional, experienced, efficient, organized, responsive, details-focused, patient, etc. She took care of all my questions and suggestions promptly and made sure they were well documented in the proposal, which eased the whole planning process so much! Currey and the team did much much beyond food and beverages, e.g., they took care of rental stuff so we did not need to deal with another vendor, they had lots of beautiful decors that could be rented in very low prices, and they were knowledgeable and always willing to help when we asked for suggestions in various aspects. Besides Currey, we also worked a lot with Danielle and Abby, our day-of coordinator and her assistant. They were extremely organized, helpful, and fun! We did not lose a single decor item that we provided; Danielle brought us food and made sure we were fed; she kept checking on my dress to stay flawless on me. At the end of the day, we harvested a big pack of food (free!) to eat for the next-day brunch, nice friends, and an amazing experience that we could always look back on for the rest of our life. To sum up, hire Currey, trust her, and you are good to go.

• Anna

Anna · Married on 10/16/2016

Roadside Chive was, without a doubt, one of the best investments we made for our wedding. Currey was helpful, kind, and generous with explaining every step of the catering process. Our food was delicious and presented beautifully. We are still getting compliments weeks later. Most importantly, in my opinion, Roadside's staff was attentive, fun, smiley and went out of their way to help create details that made our wedding beautiful beyond our imaginations. Thank you SO much for everything you do Roadside crew, you all are awesome!

Rachel · Married on 09/17/2016

I can not recommend Currey and her team highly enough. From the initial consultation to the tasting to the day itself, she made every single element of planning a breeze. Currey was so responsive, solution-oriented, and creative in every element of our wedding. We had a first time wedding venue that also happened to have strict kosher requirements. Currey was incredible in making sure this all went off without a hitch and helped us design a delicious kosher-friendly menu (that still pleased my very non-Jewish husband and guests!). We worked with Rachel, one of the wedding coordinators on our team, for 30-day planning. She kept the day moving perfectly and handled so many elements of coordinating vendors in the weeks leading up to our big day. On top of all of this, RSC was an incredible value and so affordable. We love you Currey, Rachel, and RSC team! Thank you for everything! Brides and grooms--book them for your Central VA wedding ASAP!

Gabriella · Married on 06/11/2016

Currey and the whole team at Roadside were an absolute dream to work with and our food was absolutely delicious and beautifully presented! My husband and I cared a lot about having high-quality food that wasn't your typical bland wedding food. We had tastings with two other vendors and the quality of the food along with the professionalism and organization at Roadside Chive were unparalleled. Currey was extremely responsive to questions and concerns, and helped us make a super flavorful custom menu based on our feedback. She is also incredibly knowledgeable about wedding planning in general and was an awesome resource for our timeline and planning in general. We got so many compliments from our guests and absolutely loved our menu. Furthermore, all of the service staff was speedy, professional, and on top of their game. I have never had catering that even comes close to Roadside Chive. I would HIGHLY recommend Roadside Chive.

Caitlin · Married on 05/07/2016

We used Roadside Chive as our catering team for our wedding last weekend, and we could not have been more pleased. From start to finish, Currey was amazing. She was incredibly responsive to questions about everything from A to Z and the food was delicious. On the day of, her team provided a great experience for us. She was also very respectful of our budget and worked with us to create a menu that fit within what we were able to spend. I highly recommend RSC to anyone getting married in this area.

Road Side Chive under the leadership of Currey was the perfect team to provide delicious, visually appealing food and well-trained professional staff. I greatly appreciated the flexibility that Road Side Chive gave me when it came to guest numbers and switching up drink decisions based on the weather. My husband and I were very lucky to have Road Side Chive on our team. Thank you very much being so warm and helpful! ??

Jennifer · Married on 10/17/2015

Road Side Chive and Currey did the most wonderful food for our reception. We are vegetarian and Currey came up with a delicious all-vegetarian menu that left our carnivorous guests raving. RSC were very responsive and accommodated all of our requests, changes and last-minute change in guest numbers. We went for a "family-style" service which looked great and people loved. The food looked and tasted fantastic. The service was amazing and they made sure that some food was kept aside for us. The homey yet elegant food really matched the feel of our day. RSC came highly recommended by our venue (The Inn at Westwood Farm) and we were very glad we went with them.

Sherrie · Married on 09/19/2015

I would definitely suggest Roadside Chive to anyone needing a caterer for their wedding. From start to finish, Curray was more than accommodating. She took all of our suggestions and the food turned out amazing! The service was superb and we couldn't have asked for a better caterer!

Monica · Married on 09/12/2015

The best wedding decision I made was booking Currey and the team at Roadside Chive. From the beginning, she respected our budget, offered plenty of helpful suggestions, and took the reins when I asked her to. I mentioned that a few of our guests were dairy- and gluten-free, and she crafted our entire menu to fit what they could eat. The food was outstanding, and she was completely open to changes throughout the process as well as very reachable by phone and email. Currey also went above and beyond by offering suggestions for local transportation & lodging options (we are from out of town). I was blown away by her professionalism & customer service. Our day-of coordinator, Taylor, was the second best decision I made! She was invaluable the month prior to the wedding, and was experienced in weddings at our venue which was a big deal for me. She offered great suggestions and was very knowledgeable. I felt totally relaxed because I knew everything was handled. On the big day, guests kept complimenting the catering staff and how friendly they were. Their customer service and professionalism is bar none, and they'll work with any budget. It's a no brainer! Thank you Roadside Chive!

The folks at RSC are excellent! They were very flexible, professional, and kind. The food was delicious!!! and many guests requested a take home box if there were any l