37 Reviews for Rizzo's Malabar Inn

Event Planning (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
34 Rizzo's Malabar Inn Reviews

Attended a wedding there Sat July 23,2018
WOW, from the small to the biggest detail this place was amazing to say the least.
The staff were attentive
The food was unlike any “ normal “
Wedding food,The outdoor Pergola was decorated so beautiful,and the halls ! Yes the place has a reception area for cocktail hour,before you enter the Gorgeous
Wedding banquet hall.
I’ve been to many weddings but this place is a 10
Thank you for making my nephews and his beautiful brides night,The best night of there lives.
I highly recommend this venue !
( And I also heard it’s very reasonable )
Ron P
Pgh pa !!!!

Profile Picture Ron, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I typically don't write reviews, but for this venue, I simply have to. From the initial meeting (with Lynn - event coordinator) to the day of and after the wedding (June 23, 2018), I cannot say enough about the professional-attentive-outstanding staff, gorgeous landscaping, beautiful hall, and of course - the mouthwatering food. Lynn (talk about service) worked with my son and his fiancé to help create the wedding of their dreams. The grounds on the property are absolutely breathtaking for an outdoor wedding on their pergola (and a "Plan B" is in-place in the event the ceremony has to be moved indoors due to weather). There was also plenty of parking for our guests. We stumbled upon this wedding oasis in Crabtree (Greensburg area) and cannot be more thankful we did. Lynn, you are quite the coordinator - we cannot THANK you enough from the bottom of our hearts for an amazing ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception for our guests! You went over and above what was expected - when all was said and done, we felt like part of the Rizzo Family! The only recommendation I would make is that Rizzo's may want to consider building a hotel (or maybe a B&B for the bridal party) on their property; I know for our wedding alone, we booked 35 rooms (many for 2 nights). Rizzo's could offer on-site accommodations, guests wouldn't have to drive, and the couple wouldn't have to provide transportation ... sounds like a win...win...win to me! Thanks again Rizzo's Malabar Inn - truly a wedding oasis in Crabtree!

Photo for Rizzo's Malabar Inn Review - Pergola prepped for outdoor ceremony.
Photo for Rizzo's Malabar Inn Review - Bridal Table in Use
Photo
Photo for Rizzo's Malabar Inn Review - Pergola in Use
Profile Picture Sue, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Rizzo's and it was unbelievable! We have always loved Rizzo's food so we knew that that part of our reception was bound to be a hit (and we were right; everyone LOVED the food and can't stop talking about it), but we had no idea how awesome the service would be! Lynn did an amazing job coordinating and perfecting all the details. The staff members were great while we were decorating. They came and offered us drinks and offered help throughout the day. At one point we realized we did not have enough room for our cookies on the cookie table and Rizzi himself came and immediately set up extra tables for us. Our wedding guests were blown away by the classy venue and top notch service. Our guests were immediately greeted at the doors of the reception by servers and were offered wine and sangria. Even though we had decided to close the bar during dinner, servers still came to the head table as soon as we arrived and took drink orders for all of our wedding party. The head server even made personalized to-go boxes of our favorite foods from the buffet for my husband and I to take back to the hotel. It was a really sweet touch. At the end of the night the staff members were extremely helpful to our families while cleaning up all the decorations and cookies and made cleanup super quick and easy. This was the best service we have ever had anywhere. I would recommend this venue to anyone for a wedding reception. The venue was beautiful, the food was delicious, and the service was outstanding!

Profile Picture Rachel, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Buffet, Family Style, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Parking, Event Planning, In-House Catering

Having our wedding at Rizzo's was the best decision we made! It was a beautiful venue (indoor and outdoor). The food was absolutely delicious. The service was wonderful. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Our guests are still raving about Rizzo's. You will not be disappointed if you have your wedding at Rizzo's!

Profile Picture Annie, 4/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The staff at Rizzo's was great! We live locally and were excited when they renovated the banquet hall. The few guests of ours that had never been to Rizzos were impressed with their service and food! They had nothing but good things to say. The outside ceremony is beautiful. The staff was very attentive to our needs the day of the wedding. They were very flexible and worked with us. I would absolutely recommend getting married here!

Profile Picture Tara, 10/14/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Rizzo's and the staff were amazing to work with. I've seriously told everyone I know that if they know someone who is getting married, try Rizzo's. We had our ceremony on site and got some gorgeous photos of it. The staff during the ceremony and reception were awesome. The food was great, as we expected from eating there in the past. Lynn is great to work with. They do have some fees I didn't understand, but there are ways around them. We just plated our cookies ourselves and saved $150 ! Seriously, we loved our whole wedding experience. Thanks so much to everyone at Rizzo's!

Profile Picture Christina, 9/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, In-House Catering, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Buffet, Family Style, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Uncovered Outdoor

Rizzo's Reception Hall was only one of 2 venues we looked at when choosing for our wedding. We knew right away that Rizzo's was the place for us. From the very beginning Lynn was easy to work with and made each of our requested just happen. Our wedding day was an absolute dream. Our beautiful ceremony was help under there huge pergola surrounded by beautiful landscape. Picture were taken right on the grounds, and turned out amazing! Our guests keep raving about the h'orderves which included pumpkin raviolis, pizza, and a beautiful anti-pasto display. The reception hall was so beautiful. The staff did an amazing job helping to set things up exactly how I wanted it. I haven't stopped hearing about how amazing the meals were. We had the buffet and everything was extremely fresh and hot. I loved how the staff served the head tables and family tables restaurant style too, which made everything so much easier. Lynn and Rizzo's staff had thought about things that hadn't even crossed my mind that made the day even more perfect. If I were to do it all again, I would choose Rizzo's Reception Hall 100 more times! Thank you to Lynn, Rizzi, and all the staff and Rizzo's!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 9/23/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We recently had our daughters wedding at Rizzos and have absolutely had the most wonderful experience from beginning to end. Rizzi and Lynn were so helpful and professional and that made our daughters day so memorable. The entire staff just made everything run smoothly. We had so many compliments on the food, it was amazing and delicious. The venue was just gorgeous and everyone was so helpful the entire time. I could not have imagined a more beautiful and amazing place for our daughters wedding. We even had people that weren't at the wedding tell us how beautiful it must have been because everyone that was there keeps talking about how beautiful it was.
I can't even begin to say how delicious all the food was. The fireworks were amazing and the hot apple cider was the best I think I ever had. Thank you Rizzi and Lynn and your entire staff for making our daughters day so amazing and special. If I could I would rate your venue with a 10 that's how wonderful it was

Profile Picture Becky , 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other)

I grew up in Crabtree. , when it came to choosing a place for my daughter's wedding there was only one place to go: Rizzo's.

But why? It's not about the food, though it was amazing. It was the experience itself, giving my daughter the best day of her life. They cared about the details. They cared about taking care of us. It was about making sure that everything went perfectly and without complication. Which it did.

There are very few restaurants that truly understand how important it is to provide impeccable service. They did. In fact, my guests are still calling me about just how amazing the event, staff, food, and experience was.

I am just overjoyed, and I want the world to know it.

P.S. They even provided a fireworks show on their property that people are still talking about.

Thanks for making the day so special!

- Gary Semanchek

Profile Picture Gary, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter had an incredible wedding at Rizzo's new banquet hall. Every moment from the wedding ceremony to the end of the reception was perfect because of the attention to detail from the staff at Rizzo's. The food was outstanding. I am still hearing comments about how perfect and absolutely delicious the hor d'oeuvres and the dinner were. Mostly, you made my daughter"s day perfect because she never had to worry about her guest's needs being taken care of thanks to an incredible staff and bartender. Thank you so much for the Rizzo experience. I will recommend Rizzo's Reception Hall to anyone I know that is planning a wedding.

Profile Picture Dianne, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Holding our wedding reception at Rizzo's Banquet Hall was the crowning touch on our "perfect day". When we told our guests where we were planning on having our wedding reception we were met with reactions such as, "I can't wait!" and "Oh, I love Rizzo's!". We were able to work with Lynn for several months to prepare for the event. They provided us with plenty of time to organize everything and decorate the room.
Having the venue, food, drinks and wait staff all taken care of by Rizzo's made things so easy for us. Our guests could not stop complementing the beautiful, elegant facility, the courteous, efficient service staff and, of course, the legendary food. You will not find more perfectly prepared, delicious food anywhere. Rizzi even prepared several meals for guests with special dietary restrictions.
We were so happy that the room had a video screen we could use to show a short video and a slide show throughout the evening.
Another feature that added to our wedding day was the stunningly beautiful landscaping behind the Banquet Hall that served as a backdrop for many photos of our Autumn wedding.
Our guests probably thought that we paid twice as much for our reception as we did because our reception was first class in every single way. We could not be happier!

Profile Picture Matthew, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wow! Just wow! Rizzos exceeded all our expectations. Our guests all left full, happy and impressed. Compliments are still buzzing from friends and family. Every single staff member....wait staff bartender, kitchen...all were wonderfully professional, but more than that, they were attentive. No detail was missed. At first I thought it sounded little pricey, but for what we got, it was an amazing bargain. They have an outdoor paradise for weddings, pictures or just for guests to enjoy, and they end receptions with a charming fireworks display just for you and your guests. If you are getting married in Greensburg, Pittsburgh or anywhere nearby, Rizzos is amazing.

Profile Picture Tori, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our reception is STILL the talk of the town! The food, fireworks and servers were all fantastic! We cannot thank Lynn and Rizzi enough for all they did to make our wedding perfect! We had servers at our table constantly, they were nice, attentive and all around on the ball! They added extra Hors oeuvre's to the cocktail hour and set up the cookies into a fantastic display!!! We were able to set up the venue a few days before, which took a TON of stress off of me! I will continue to RAVE about Rizzo's, overall OUTSTANDING!!!

Profile Picture User5516603, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughters wedding reception was at Rizzo's new banquet hall. My husband and I were never at the hall before and loved it as soon as we walked in for our meeting with Lynn. Having eaten at Rizzo's before, the food was not a concern of ours. We knew it would be delicious! What we didn't know was how wonderful the staff and service would be for a wedding. Rizzi and his staff were fantastic. From the first meeting with Lynn, to the food tasting and all other preparations, everything was great! The staff was attentive to everything and everyone. Our guests couldn't stop talking about the reception; from the time they were greeted at the door with a glass of wine, to the delicious hors d' oeuvres and dinner, to the beautiful display of cookies, and finally, the awesome fireworks at the end of the evening. Thanks to Rizzi and staff, our daughters wedding was perfect. If you want your daughter or son's wedding to be special, I would highly recommend Rizzo's.

Profile Picture Mary, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I would recommend having your wedding at Rizzos to anyone who is searching for a venue. They blew my expectations away with their quality of service not only to me but to my 215 guests! The wedding coordinator, Lynn was always available when I had a question or needed help with something. She was flexible with meeting times and requests from me on how I wanted things to go the day of my wedding. I can't say enough about how wonderful the staff at Rizzos was, they always made sure my guests and my wedding party was taken care of from food to drinks. When we booked with Rizzos they told us we would get fireworks during our wedding but these weren't just any fireworks. The fireworks were an amazing show and they even served pumpkin gelato and apple cider, which was an awesome surprise! If anyone is looking for a beautiful venue with staff that wants to make your day perfect, I would choose Rizzos over any other place. It's been three weeks since our wedding and we still have people telling us how amazing our reception was; all thanks to Rizzi and his staff.

Profile Picture Katie, 9/26/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I am not originally from the area, but when my Fiancé heard we had Rizzo's as an option for our wedding food. He was super excited.

The tasting was incredible. Immediately after our tasting, we knew Rizzo's was a must have on our wedding planning list.

Using them a our caterer was simple and painless. No issues what-so-ever.

The layout of our cookie table was IMPRESSIVE! The servers were very respectful and kind. The food was DELICIOUS! I am unsure how they feed such a large amount of people and the food remains total perfection.. Simply amazing..

All of my guests couldn't stop complimenting the food. Way to go Rizzo's!!!! Could recommend them enough or give enough compliments.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/12/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Rizzo's facility, food, staff, and management were excellent. The guests to the reception were treated like family. The entire wedding from planning to inception by Rizzo's was exceptional. Their flexibility and capabilities as a wedding venue truly make this a one of a kind location for a very special day.

Profile Picture User5420598, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

From start to finish, we absolutely loved planning and attending our reception! My family has been going to Rizzo's for years, so when it came time to plan a wedding, the restaurant was at the top of our list. Lynn was great helping us plan the day by email and phone and did a good job answering questions as they came up even though we didn't live nearby. The week before the wedding, Lynn and the other staff really went above and beyond allowing us to drop off decorations and store ~3,000 cookies in their walk-in fridge. That took a lot of extra pressure off my family to have the day of the wedding to ourselves without running to make drop-offs at the venue.

The reception itself was everything we ever wanted - the staff did an amazing job and our guests have given us so many compliments on the atmosphere, food, and fun they had at our wedding. The hors-d'oeuvres display was unbelievable, followed by a family-style meal. The staff served our 22 tables of guests in a timely manner (no one had to eat cold/lukewarm food!) and did a great job pacing the meal and clearing away dishes as needed.

After dinner, the cookie table was revealed! Definitely take Rizzo's up on the offer to tray your cookies...they arranged all of the cookies we brought at once and created an absolutely gorgeous display. As the bride, I will never forget how I felt seeing the weeks of cookie baking come together to share with our guests. It was as if the staff created the display for their own families with the amount of care clearly put into it.

At the end of the dancing, our guests were invited outside to enjoy italian ice and spiked coffee (which we had not planned or expected in any way) while watching a complimentary fireworks show. It was the perfect ending to a perfect day and we would recommend Rizzo's to anyone planning a wedding around Pittsburgh! Rizzi, Lynn, and the rest of the staff added so many kind, little touches that genuinely sets them apart!

Profile Picture User5517948, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From our first appointment with Rizzi and Lynn to our GRAND FINALLY fireworks, we could not have asked for a more perfect day! The food, from appetizers to our family-style dinner, just like you would have at a Sunday dinner at grandma's house, was absolutely delicious! Our guests were overwhelmed with the amount of food that was served, which was all served steaming hot! The service was first-class. Our guests were all treated wonderfully and the servers that took care of our head-table, treated us like royalty. Our night ended with a fantastic fireworks display accompanied with refreshing sorbet and liqueur-coffee drinks! The guests still rave about the beautiful evening we had and we owe it to Rizzi and the awesome staff! We would, without hesitation, recommend Rizzos Banquet Hall for your special event!

Profile Picture User5517144, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The food was outstanding! Every family member and friend who attended the wedding couldn't compliment the food ENOUGH!!!! Made my day even that more perfect!

Profile Picture Brandy, 7/11/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Rizzo's was awesome to work with from the first menu planning meeting with Rizzi months before the wedding to the very end the wedding day! I had zero stress related to catering Lynn was always on top of things from reminding me when final choices and payment needed to be made. The food was phenomenal we had so many compliments from our guests most saying it was the best wedding food they have ever had and I agree!The wait staff was perfect so courteous and attentive. I also felt the price was great.If you are considering Rizzo's to cater your event you shouldn't hesitate!

Profile Picture Natalie, 6/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Since we had been visiting Rizzo's since I was very young, I knew exactly what kind of EXCELLENT food we would get if we decided to hold our wedding at Rizzo's. We went there for dinner, visited the banquet facility, and booked it that evening. I don't even know where to start to help explain to future couples how outstanding and one of a kind Rizzo's is for your wedding day. The food quality has been consistent for 20+ years (my whole life) and that was important to me after attending so many other weddings where you had a 50/50 chance of good food that day. Everyone raved over how fantastic the food was! Rizzo's had homemade food in our buffet for everyone.

Their wedding coordinator worked with me hand-in-hand throughout the entire process. She made sure we had every little detail that we wanted to make sure our big day was perfect and she made sure she was easily available (even emailing me back at 11 PM). Between Lynn and Rizzi, they made the entire evening flow smoothly. We can honestly say that any other wedding will have a hard time topping ours for atmosphere. Every staff member was smiling and laughing which made it so much nicer for everyone there!

The venue itself looked brand spanking new and was clean as a whistle. In the end, we got the covers because I'd hate for one of our guests to ruin such nice new chairs. But I think the condition of the chairs just speaks well to the cleanliness of the facility because any other places we looked at needed chair covers to cover up the grungy chairs. The facility itself is just beautiful.

Rizzo's...Thank you for an AMAZING, unforgettable wedding event!!! We have already been told over and over again that our wedding is the best wedding they have ever been to! We couldn't have imagined it being as perfect anywhere else!! For us, it will be one of our first memories married that will last us for YEARS to come! Without a doubt, I would recommend Rizzo's for YOUR wedding!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Rizzos was absolutely wonderful to work with! They did a tremendous job of making our day special! Rizzi and Lynn were very easy to work with and very helpful throughout the process. The food at our wedding was great! The guests were impressed.

Profile Picture Cassie, 5/16/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Awesome people! Great to work with!!

Profile Picture chelsey, 10/11/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Rizzo's. Food was fresh and delicious......served hot and beautifully presented. Rizzi provides creative ideas for use of space, presentation as well as food selections. Without hesitation I 'd say. Rizzo's sees to every detail with a perfectionist's eye and provides more service and quality than we expected.

Profile Picture Mary Frances, 9/13/14, 1 Review