Riverview Chamber Players Reviews

51 Reviews for Riverview Chamber Players

1 User photo

Riverview Chamber Players 1

Kathleen Duble · Married on 08/31/2019

Lovely and Easy to work with

The Riverview Chamber Players did an absolutely superb job at my daughter's recent wedding at the Boston Public Library. We were told by one of our friends who was at one time the Executive Director of the Princeton Symphony that they were outstanding. And we thought so too.
    They showed up on time, were well prepared and easy to work with. I highly recommend them to anyone who wants to include beautiful chamber music for their wedding day!

Sent on 09/04/2019

Riverview Chamber Players's reply:

Congratulations on your daughter's wedding! It was an absolute pleasure to play for this very special occasion. Thank you so much for your lovely review. I hope we have the opportunity to provide music for other events in your life or that of your friends and family, at some future.
  • Michael

Michael Guigli · Married on 07/20/2019

Very professional, expert musicians, a great value!

I highly recommend the Riverview Chamber Players for your wedding or special event. Our experience was outstanding. As a classical pianist who studied at the New England Conservatory, I can vouch for their skill as musicians. The music director was extremely responsive to our special requests, including arranging a pre-ceremony rehearsal with a featured ceremony vocalist. They have a diverse repertoire (including classical and popular music), and were just a pleasure to deal with. The Riverview Chamber Players has a wide range of ensembles to choose from, enabling you to find the right palette of musical richness that fits your event’s budget. Add a touch of elegance and sophistication at a great value to your special day by including the Riverview Chamber Players!

Sent on 08/22/2019

Megan · Married on 03/29/2019

Orchestra Proposal

I hired 8 string players from Riverview Chamber Players to play a piece for a surprise flash mob proposal for my partner, and I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. The piece was from one of our favorite video games, and the proposal took place at a video game convention in Boston. There was an additional fee for RCP to make an arrangement for the piece I wanted since they did not already have that song in their library, but I feel like the price was fair, and I certainly got my money's worth - the final performance was absolutely beautiful and exactly what I wanted. I also appreciated that RCP was flexible and accommodating with the options offered - I wanted the musicians to have a chance to rehearse with the dancers that I hired (from a separate company) since they had not worked together before, and I didn't want their first time working together to be the actual proposal; RCP included 50 minutes of rehearsal time at no additional charge in exchange for allowing the musicians to use stands while they played instead of memorizing the piece.

All of the musicians were professional, talented, and elegantly dressed (absolutely nailed the aesthetic I was looking for). Rebecca, my point of contact, is wonderful - she is extremely friendly, welcoming, and all around a pleasure to work with. She responds to emails promptly and answers all questions with plenty of details; I never felt out of the loop or confused about anything.

Overall, RCP exceeded my expectations at all levels, and we will definitely be reaching out again to discuss options for the wedding!

Sent on 04/13/2019

Megan,

It was a joy to bring together Riverview Chamber Player musicians to perform for your flash mob marriage proposal. It certainly was a first for all of us and we enjoyed the process and, of course, the moment at which you proposed. I think at least half of us were in tears at that moment.
    Congratulations on your engagement!

We look forward to discussing options for your wedding.

Music Director, Riverview Chamber Players

Loretta Albin · Married on 10/20/2018

Absolutely Amazing!

RCP played for my daughter's wedding at The Hampshire House in Boston. Their music was absolutely beautiful! It was the perfect addition to the wedding. My daughter was able to select from a wide range of pieces to make her wedding just what she wanted. We chose the string quartet and they were perfect!

Sent on 10/24/2018
    Riverview Chamber Players 2

Riverview Chamber Players's reply:

I'm thrilled to hear that you were so happy with the music we performed at your daughter's wedding. It was a beautiful wedding in a spectacular venue!

Abby Cohan · Married on 09/29/2018

String Quartet

We had a string quartet from Riverview Chamber Players play for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour at DeCordova Museum and Sculpture Park in Lincoln, MA.

Rebecca was extremely helpful during the planning process. She was very responsive and and her organization and music choice suggestions relieved any anxiety I had regarding this portion of our wedding.

The string quartet sounded beautiful and we received many compliments from the guests (and even some of the catering staff) about how lovely they were. Additionally, the pricing for their services was very competitive and well worth it.

We are very pleased with our choice to hire Riverview Chamber Players for our wedding and would highly recommend them to future brides and grooms.

Sent on 10/15/2018
  • Brenna

Brenna · Married on 09/08/2018

We hired a string quartet through the Riverview Chamber Players to play for our outdoor wedding ceremony and cocktail hour at the Crane Estate in Ipswich, MA. They played beautifully and helped bring such an elegant atmosphere to our event. All our guests commented on the lovely music was! They have a large repertoire of classical music and some modern pieces as well. The samples on their website are very helpful and accurately portray the quality of their work. Rebecca is also very well organized - she responds to emails quickly and makes all the planning process a breeze. I knew I had nothing to worry about on the actual wedding day and everything went seamlessly. We would highly recommend the Riverview Chamber Players to anyone!!

Sent on 09/13/2018

Riverview Chamber Players's reply:

It was a pleasure to play music at your beautiful wedding. I'm so glad you were pleased with the music and the service we provided.

Rebecca Strauss
    Music Director

Kate · Married on 09/29/2017

I can not thank Riverview Chamber Players enough for their phenomenal service. My husband and I were planning a wedding from across the country and they could not have made it easier. Rebecca was very responsive and so helpful in guiding us through the process. We had little to no experience booking music for an event and Rebecca made it easy for us to make decisions and understand our option. We highly recommend Riverview Chamber Players for your wedding or any event in the Greater Boston area!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Riverview Chamber Players's reply:

Thank you for your kind comments. I'm so glad that you found the whole planning process easy and that my guidance helped you make decisions about the music for your wedding.

It was a pleasure to perform at your wedding and to have the opportunity to be a part of such an important event in your life.

Congratulations on your marriage!

Rebecca Strauss, Music Director
  • ElaineVictoria

Elaine · Married on 09/09/2017

When I envisioned my wedding ceremony, one thing that kept coming to mind was a string quartet. This idea sounded to me to be so extravagant and probably out of my price range. But, when I found Riverview Chamber Players they had so many packages to choose from. They also had so many samples to view on their website to help me decide on the right composition of instruments and songs. I was so excited to hear Canon in D being played by a string quartet on my wedding day. Just ask my now husband how many times I have played that song over the past year. All in all, Riverview Chamber Player really added that beautiful storybook magic to our wedding day. We received so many compliments and really enjoyed all of the music that was played that day at our ceremony. My only regret is that in the busy-ness of the day I didn't have a chance to meet the players in person. But, thank you to all of the musicians who came and filled the church with your music. You made our day that much more special!! One note for future brides is to be sure that if you choose more than one processional song (i.e. mothers, bridesmaids etc. that you have a pause in between the songs and groups, otherwise the musicians are not able to transition between songs. In the craziness of the day I forgot this minor detail which may have been a blessing in disguise as our ceremony was already quite emotional as it was). Thank you Riverview Chamber Players!!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Riverview Chamber Players's reply:

We are so happy to hear that "Riverview Chamber Player really added that beautiful storybook magic to your wedding day."
    May you have a joyous and beautiful marriage!

Davina · Married on 09/09/2017

The Riverview Chamber Players were a huge hit at our wedding. Many guests commented on the beautiful ceremony and cocktail music. Rebecca was incredibly helpful leading up to the event with helping me decide which pieces to choose for the ceremony. I had a special request for a piece that was not yet in their repertoire, and she was very happy to learn the piece. It really meant a lot to us to have that played, and it was played beautifully. They truly sounded wonderful, and were great to work with. Thank you!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Davina,
    Thank you for your very kind comments.
    We loved playing at your wedding! Your wedding was spectacularly beautiful and it was clear your family and friends were all so happy for you and thrilled to be present for such a special occasion in your life.
    Wishing you the best in your first year of marriage!

Gina · Married on 07/29/2017

Our daughters wedding was Saturday, July 29th at The Mansion on Turner Hill in Ipswich, MA and to compliment the majestic setting we needed just the right music for the ceremony and cocktail hour. Look no further because The Riverview Chamber Players were the perfect answer to the mood we wanted to create. From the moment I heard them perform and spoke with Rebecca Strauss I knew we had made the right choice. Their programing choices range from Bach to Beethoven, Puccini's O mio babbino caro from Gianni Schicchi to Ramin Djawdi's theme from Game of Thrones and everything in between. They will learn anything you special request. You may choose from their instrumental ensembles including combinations of strings, flute, trumpet for whatever classical pieces you love. Rebecca guides you through the ceremony choices with professionalism and grace so that each piece sets the perfect mood. Amazing, accomplished musicians.

Sent on 08/07/2017

Gina,

Thank you for this stunning review! We so appreciate working with such wonderful clients like you and performing beautiful music for such an important event in your life. It was a real pleasure to play for your daughter's wedding ceremony and cocktail hour.

• Arianna

Arianna · Married on 07/29/2017

We used RCP string quartet for our ceremony music in Rockport. They were absolutely out of this world. The bridal party was running a little late and their music definitely helped keep people entertained. Top notch quality and professionalism for music and service. Rebecca was my point of contact and was extremely helpful in terms of sorting out music for a religious service. Would recommend them 10 times over! Not sure how they compare price-wise to other players but my take is that you get what you pay for and they were well worth every penny.

Sent on 08/12/2017

Arianna,
    Thank you for your extraordinary comments about the music we performed at your wedding. You were such a lovely client to work with and your wedding ceremony was absolutely beautiful!
    Congratulations on your first marriage!

Gene · Married on 07/22/2017

Great work! Rebecca was very easy to work with and a pleasure to talk to on the phone. Music was wonderful.

Sent on 08/04/2017

Riverview Chamber Players's reply:

It was a pleasure to have you as a client.
    We had a wonderful time playing music for you, your bride, and all your family and friends.
    Congratulations on your marriage!!

Jennifer · Married on 07/15/2017

The Riveview Chamber Players played for my wedding ceremony and it was an absolutely beautiful touch! It was a pleasure working with the team, and Rebecca was so flexible and accommodating. They were responsive to my questions and were able to play the modern songs I wanted them to for our ceremony, and more!

Sent on 07/27/2017

Molly · Married on 06/03/2017

We had the Riverview Chamber Players perform for our outdoor ceremony. Rebecca was a pleasure to work with and was very accommodating of our special requests. She also provided an enormous assortment of songs to choose from for the processional, the recessional, and everything in between. And most importantly, the performers were timely and played beautifully.

Sent on 06/06/2017

Pat · Married on 10/29/2016

Everyone at my daughter's wedding raved about Riverview's music. They added a spiritual dimension to the occasion. They are talented musicians, lovely to work with, very accommodating and all around wonderful. They helped us choose selections that were perfect for the ceremony. Hire them!!

Sent on 11/04/2016

Riverview Chamber Players's reply:

What an awesome review! We are thrilled that you were so happy with the music. It was a real pleasure to play at your daughter's wedding.

Laura · Married on 10/08/2016

This professional group is amazing! I had the pleasure of having a string trio perform at my wedding - they are professional, looked like they loved what they were doing, and played beautifully! They were wonderful to deal with from the first inquiry and I can't recommend them highly enough. Heartfelt thanks for supporting our wedding!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Hi Laura,

We had such a wonderful time playing at your wedding. Your family and friends were so welcoming to us and made us feel like we were a very important part of the festivities.

I wish you the absolute best in your marriage!

Katherine · Married on 08/21/2015

The Riverview Chamber Players were absolutely amazing. They played the music for our wedding reception and cocktail hour, and they were wonderful. Everything went extremely smoothly, for we had a few different songs for the procession and recession and the selection of music they played for our cocktail hour couldn't have been better. I would highly recommend the Riverview Chamber Players for any event!! They are an extremely talented and professional group of musicians.

Sent on 09/07/2015

It was really nice to have professionals who knew what they were doing and needed very little direction. It was one less thing that I had to worry about when planning our wedding. The music totally added a nice elegant feel to our special day. I really hope in the future we will have another occasion to have this group play at an event. The music and the musicians were the icing on the cake.
    Theresa and David

Sent on 08/14/2015

Riverview Chamber Players's reply:

Thank you so much for your very kind comments. It was wonderful to perform for your entire event and to see how much all of the guests enjoyed the event and the music.
    Congratulations on your marriage!!

Sara · Married on 06/27/2015

I was fortunate in that all of my wedding vendors were amazing, but Riverview Chamber Players were by far the most organized. Rebecca spent the time to discuss the type of music I was looking for and what her group could offer. She sent me a questionnaire prior to the ceremony and followed-up beforehand to confirm my choices. Having everything planned well in advance eased the stress right before the wedding day. Rebecca's advice was excellent and she was extremely helpful and easy to work with. The music at the ceremony was absolutely beautiful, and it helped enhance the elegance of our event. My husband and I could not have been more pleased - I would highly recommend using Riverview Chamber Players!

Sent on 08/17/2015

Martha · Married on 11/08/2014

Rebecca Strauss and the Riverview Chamber Players did a wonderful job with the music for our wedding ceremony. They added class and sophistication to our event that could not have been achieved without them.

Sent on 11/11/2014

Riverview Chamber Players's reply:

It was such a pleasure to play string trio and trumpet music for your ceremony. The fantastic acoustics in the venue made the sound ring beautifully throughout the hall. Your ceremony was beautiful and it was a real honor to be a part of such a special event in your life.

My husband and I chose Riverview Chamber Players to play at our wedding at the Lyman Estate last month. We are so happy we did! The musicians (flute trio) played beautifully and really added so much grace and elegance to the event. Our guests loved the music! Rebecca Strauss was also a pleasure to work with--very friendly and responsive, which was perfect for me during the wedding planning stage. I highly recommend Riverview!

Sent on 12/15/2014

Rebecca and Riverview were wonderful - especially because I was a terrible communicator. I felt a bit overwhelmed at times and was really lousy about responding to emails; but Rebecca was patient and wonderful about following up with me. The musicians themselves did a wonderful job; I knew they were there and could hear the music but I never had to think about what they were doing. And the Riverview website itself is very helpful, containing their whole repertoire and many, many samples of their music, as well as suggested song lists for different events. I highly recommend Riverview!

Sent on 11/09/2014

The music was absolutely wonderful and created the perfect atmosphere for our special day. The musicians are very responsive, talented and professional. We are extremely pleased that we engaged them for our wedding to make the evening exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 10/08/2014

Riverview Chamber Players did a fantastic job at our wedding! We hired the string quartet for the ceremony and also cocktail hour. They were very professional, and fantastic musicians. There were several musicians and music teachers among our guests, and all were in agreement that the string quartet was superb.

Sent on 09/20/2014

Music at my ceremony was perfect. Everyone commented after that the music was such a nice touch

Sent on 09/12/2014