Riverside Landings & Greek Orthodox Social Hall Reviews

37 | Oakmont, PA

37 Reviews for Riverside Landings & Greek Orthodox Social Hall

37 Riverside Landings & Greek Orthodox Social Hall Reviews

Cindy · Married on 08/05/2017

Great place to have an event. The hall, food and waitstaff exceeded out expectations.

Kayleigh · Married on 07/22/2017

I worked with Joy at Riverside Landing for a celebration of life for my Grandmother who recently passed away. Prior to talking with her I called several places who treated me terribly in the mist of her recent death and didn't even acknowledge this fact. Joy was a breath of fresh air, seriously. She was so accommodating, understanding, attentive and respectful it made the hard times a little easier. The venue was beautiful and the wait staff was so kind, not to mention the food was delicious! Thank you to everyone who made a sad day a wonderful celebration!

Ashley · Married on 05/20/2017

My husband and I had our wedding reception here on May 20, 2017. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Joy lived up to her name. She was an absolute joy to work with! We didn't have any stress when it came to the reception, the service, the decoration/set up. It was absolutely beautiful! It was without doubt the best night of our lives! Food was amazing and prices were very reasonable!

• MrsBBR

Kelsie · Married on 01/21/2017

We held our reception at Riverside and could not have made a better choice. The location was perfect: easy to find and navigate between our ceremony site and overnight accommodations, and back to the area's major highways for our traveling guests. Katelyn was a dream to work with; she was very responsive and easy to communicate with, a knowledgeable manager, and so helpful in helping put together our ideal evening. We really appreciated the ease of booking at Riverside, and that we were able to have our food, bar, linens, and chairs included for one price. We were able to access the venue the day before the wedding to set up and prepare, and the final product was absolutely gorgeous. We used Phaturos A-1 Catering, and they were just as wonderful to work with as Katelyn. I never imagined that I would find such wonderful, caring professionals to work with for my wedding, but Frank and Katelyn exceeded my expectations!!

Amy · Married on 09/24/2016

Katelyn was great. She worked hard to make sure everything turned out perfectly for our special day. The hall itself is beautiful, and the cost is pretty moderate compared to other venues. We couldn't be happier about how everything turned out.

Nancy · Married on 09/23/2016

Katelyn was so friendly and easy to work with. She responded to all of my questions and really worked to help us get the most out of our fundraiser. I highly recommend Katelyn and the Greek Social Hall. It is a beautiful venue with amazing staff.

Kimberly · Married on 08/20/2016

We had our wedding reception of approximately 100 people at Riverside Landings in August of 2016 and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect venue!
    When we were looking for venues we were very mindful of staying within our budget. Riverside Landings had our attention right away with their pricing. We loved the idea that this was an "all inclusive" venue! The per person price got us the venue rental, the food, the bar, tables, basic centerpieces, and linens. We loved that they only do one event per day, so we had flexibility to plan our day and not worry about being rushed out. We decided to do a lunch reception (starting at 1:00 for cocktail hour) and their lunch prices are amazing!
    We met with Katelyn Larsen, the events manager, and we were highly impressed with her. She is professional, friendly, accommodating, and knows her stuff. After our first meeting with her we made the decision that day to put down a deposit! On the day before the wedding she was there to help with set up and ensure that we felt comfortable with how everything looked and felt.
    The venue itself is gorgeous! I love the light that comes in from the huge picture windows, the balcony that overlooks the river, and the gauzy material that is draped around the room with white lights. Basically, the room is gorgeous as-is and very little decorating is required. I also loved the fact that there is a separate room off of the main area where they set up the buffet.
    Last, but not least, the buffet from Phaturos catering was delicious! We had several gluten sensitive attendees and they were very accommodating and helped us select a menu that would please everyone.
    My husband and I are so happy we found Riverside Landings. They helped to make our day so perfect. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking to host a wedding reception or other special event.

I cannot say enough about how fantastic everyone was at Riverside Landings and the Greek Orthodox Social Hall. Katelyn and her team went above and beyond to ensure that both our wedding and my bridal shower were everything I ever could have ever imagined. Katelyn was incredibly quick to respond to all my questions, which made the planning process a breeze. She was incredibly accommodating and even had a few surprises for us up her sleeve, like all the fixens for our margarita machine. Both halls are absolutely stunning and when they are lit up, you feel like you truly are living your fairytale. The food was also delicious. We got so many complements about Phatutos Catering, and their staff truly treated us like family. If you are looking for a great venue that is fairly priced, beautiful, and with amazing staff, this is your place!

Lou · Married on 07/16/2016

Book this venue! The customer service was exceptional and Katelyn was a fantastic representative of the venue. She responded to every one of our needs and made our day the party that we wanted it to be. We truly can't speak enough of Kateyln and her prompt response and attention to our needs. I will more than likely be using this venue in the future for other special family events!

Catherine · Married on 04/02/2016

Our daughter's wedding reception was held in the Greek Social Hall. This venue is spacious and decorated beautifully. We literally did not have to add anything except our centerpieces and guests to make the perfect setting. Our guest list was considerably smaller than the venue can accommodate, however, it was set up in a way that made it appear quite cozy and comfortable. We received many compliments from our guests on the location and appearance of the venue. Katelyn and staff were extremely helpful in providing us the time we needed for set up. Additionally, they were a huge help at the end of the evening. Everything was handled exactly as we discussed prior to the event which made for a smooth evening with no stress. Absolutely no surprises! Katelyn was a joy to work with. I would certainly recommend this vendor and would consider it for future events.

Katelyn was very helpful and made the planning process easier.

Kelly · Married on 08/29/2015

This was the perfect place to have a reception. We had about 100 guests and were completely comfortable, let alone dazzled by the beautiful view over the river. The staff were so helpful throughout the whole process and were there for anything we needed. They accommodated my requests eagerly and were beyond amazing help. Especially when I sat on some chalk and it stained the back of my dress, they spent a good half an hour working on my dress trying to get it out. They went above and beyond at that point. It was a flawless evening otherwise and working with them up to that day was a pleasure and not a chore. They were very reasonably priced and you got the best quality for you money...more than I ever could have hoped and dreamed for.

Mallory · Married on 08/15/2015

My wedding, which was on August 15, 2015, was perfect in every way. Our reception was at Riverside Landings and our guests commented on how nice it was to be able to use the deck. Katelyn is an amazing wedding coordinator. She was quick with responding to any question that came up and was willing to go above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. She accommodated our schedule when we needed to meet with her to finalize all of the details and was flexible when I changed my mind on a couple of things more than once. I would absolutely recommend this venue and Katelyn's expertise to any future bride.

Nicole · Married on 06/20/2015

Where do I start with our wedding! We had an amazing day mostly because of the hard work and dedication of Katelyn and the Greek Orthodox Staff and Tony and staff of Veltre's. Katelyn went above and beyond for my wedding, not to mention she was newly hired three months before my wedding. She handle the transition with professionalism and respect! Met with me several times, sent me floor plans and kept communication open with email, texts and phone calls (even on a Sunday afternoon). We had Veltre's as the caterer and everyone is still raving about the food!! We had a large wedding of 285 and we still had leftover food!! Not to mention Veltre's staff decorated the food table with matching decor of my theme!! I was amazed and so very pleased with everything they did!! I would book with both venue and caterer again in a heartbeat!! Everyone was great to work with!

Lynn · Married on 03/21/2015

We had our wedding reception at the Greek Hall (the big hall). We were very pleased with everything. The hall was beautifully decorated with our colors. The lighting made the hall look exquisite. Our guests were very impressed with the hall. They were very accommodating with the amount of cookies that my Italian family made. We loved everything about the hall. My only suggestion would be to go back to being able to bring your own alcohol. Maybe give guests a choice.

Ginni · Married on 08/23/2014

RIVERSIDE LANDINGS venue was the PERFECT setting for a wedding reception party! Our guests LOVED it--the deck, the dance floor, and the food from VELTRI's catering was superb! I will book every future event there!! Jessica was most professional... and As the Mother of the Bride I walked in to PERFECTION! Every detail....FABULOUS!

The hall looked beautiful. Food was excellent. Would definitely recommend Phaturo's. Only recommendation would be to keep the food line moving more quickly. We had both carved beef and carved ham. Only one person carving both. I believe this is what slowed everything down. Other than that, we couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out. Jessica was a true pleasure to work with, very professional yet always helpful. It was comforting to know she has the knowledge and experience of a true wedding coordinator. We valued her opinion greatly. All in all, it was a wonderful experience!

Sent on 07/05/2014

Jessica · Married on 06/20/2014

I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking to have an amazing wedding! Everything was so perfect!

Sent on 07/05/2014

Sherry · Married on 03/15/2014

It was a pleasure to work with Jessica Holloway. Everything was they way we requested and during the actual reception there were 3 go to people to meet our needs. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue. It fulfilled my daughter's dreams of a wonderful and beautiful wedding reception!

Sent on 03/18/2014

katherine · Married on 02/14/2014

Nothing to add. They guided me through the process

Sent on 02/26/2014

Jeanine · Married on 10/27/2013

Helpful staff, reasonable cost, excellent food, beautiful room

Sent on 12/19/2013

Michele · event on: 12/07/2013

The hall was decorated beautifully. The staff was very kind and professional. I had a surprise 50th birthday party and it was fabulous!

Sent on 12/17/2013

Riverside Landings & Greek Orthodox Social Hall's reply:

Thank you Michele! It seemed like everyone had so much fun! I really hope Tim forgave you for the surprise :-)

Cindy · event on: 12/19/2013

Our Event Was Amazing!!! Great Food, Fabulous Staff.

Sent on 12/20/2013

Donna · event on: 04/07/2014

The service, food and communication with the staff, from Jessica to the caterer, Frank Phatolus, to the servers was excellent...definitely would come back.

Sent on 04/24/2014