Riverside Farm Reviews

Riverside Farm 7
  • Devon

Devon Sowa · Married on 06/15/2019

Perfection

Booking Riverside was hands down the best choice we made when it came to wedding planning. Everyone was really responsive, helpful and flexible. The on site planner knows the venue inside and out and knows many of the local vendors which made planning a breeze. They also contract with Vermont's top caterer which made the food selection process really easy and enjoyable (not to mention, we still have people months later telling us it was the best wedding food they've ever had). The staff was extremely professional and allowed us to pull of our dream wedding weekend!

Sent on 08/26/2019
    Riverside Farm 8

Marika · Married on 06/08/2019

June Wedding at Riverside Farm

I can't say enough about how much we loved our experience at Riverside Farm for our wedding. We hosted a 3 day event (Fri-Sun) for our June wedding (~130 guests) and all of the details were perfect. Alli worked with us throughout to the process to ensure we had the wedding weekend of our dreams. Throughout the weekend, she handled all of the last minute touches so that we could enjoy our time at Riverside Farm and not stress about place cards, napkin folds, keeping our wedding part on schedule during the rehearsal and wedding day, etc.

Our guests loved their onsite accommodations both at Riverside Farm and down the road at the Amee Lodge. It was the perfect experience for our out of town guests who were coming up to Vermont for the first time.

I know that the fall is a popular time for weddings in Vermont, but our summer wedding at Riverside Farm was pure magic. Thank you Alli and the entire RF team!

Sent on 07/24/2019

Alison · Married on 09/29/2018

Can't speak highly enough of Riverside Farm and Alli Kozick! We just got married there and I wanted to write a review as soon as I could because I was so appreciative of all they did to make our wedding weekend the best it could be. The venue is insanely beautiful - we thought it was amazing when we first visited, but once we saw it filled with our family and friends it really blew us away. Many, many guests said it was best wedding (other than their own, if they were married) that they've every been to.

Scenery/Venue - perfect. it's so insanely beautiful, photos don't capture it.
    Food - You don't get an option to choose caterers, but Vermont Farms Catering is AMAZING and many people said it was the best wedding food they ever had.
    Housing - the onsite rooms are perfect for friends. we loved the bridal/grooms cottages to get ready and our friends who stayed in the stables/caretakers cottage loved it. Amee Farm was perfect for my large family and our friends loved Trailside Inn.
    Town - Pittsfield is adorable! Rural, but has everything you'd need (awesome food at general store, amazing hiking, larger scale amenities in Killington)

On-site Coordinator - ALLI IS THE BEST!! She was so easy to work with and kept us on track - she was patient and kind, but also so organized and clear. It was so nice to have her to ask questions and get her expertise since she's seen far more weddings that we have. Alli told us we wouldn't need a wedding planner and she was 100% correct - the weekend went off seamlessly! Alli is the best!

If you're contemplating getting married at Riverside - DO IT!! You will not regret it and it will be amazing. I love that not only do my husband and I have perfect memories, but our friends and family all do too. It was so nice to see them happy and it really made the weekend wonderful for us. I wouldn't change a single thing!

Sent on 10/04/2018
    Riverside Farm 9
    Riverside Farm 10
    Riverside Farm 11
    Riverside Farm 12

Amy · Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing wedding venue!! Amazing event coordinator there -- Alli K! Beautiful facilities and beautiful location!! If you're even thinking about a Vermont wedding you must look at Riverside Farms. Every single detail of my daughter's wedding this weekend was planned thoroughly and each staff person was incredibly supportive and polite and helpful. Honestly, we cannot say enough about Riverside Farm and Amee Farm Lodge. Our whole family stayed at Amee Farm Lodge, the Inn near the wedding venue, and that was incredible too! Fabulous breakfast, super accommodating innkeeper, Ray, and a big living room with great views where we hung out. The Riverside Farms venue without a doubt made our wedding there one of the happiest days of our lives, and of our daughter's life. No detail was too small to ask about, no wish was left unbidden! Just as we were waiting to walk onto the gorgeous lawn for the ceremony, the fantastic event manager, Alli K. ran off to get some mints -- all because I casually said, "Do you have any mints?" You MUST look at Riverside Farms for your wedding. They made the whole day a beautiful and flawless memory!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Katie · Married on 09/22/2018

We got married at Riverside Farms in July 2018 and had an absolutely wonderful weekend. We have nothing but very positive things to say about the property, the coordinator, and all of the vendors. The property was spectacular and we loved having everything on site. Our wedding coordinator Alli was truly wonderful. She was such a big part of our ability to ensure a stress free weekend and made sure everything leading up to the wedding was taken care of as and when it needed to be. The food from Vermont Farms Catering was incredible and we had so many of our guests tell us it was the best wedding food they have ever had. The weekend was more than we could have dreamed. Very highly recommend getting married here! Photos Kir2ben.

Sent on 09/30/2018
    Riverside Farm 13
    Riverside Farm 14
    Riverside Farm 15

Ella · Married on 06/23/2018

Words can’t express how truly magical this venue is. My husband and I were married at Riverside in June, and we cannot get over how amazing it was—and neither can our guests! The grounds are breathtakingly beautiful with lush, grassy fields and perfectly-maintained gardens surrounded by the picturesque Green Mountains. The barns are also gorgeous. They’ve been lovingly restored with attention paid to every detail. Riverside is n also unique and full of character. You’ll find fun details and personal touches around every corner. We loved that our wedding party could stay with us on the property. It was seriously like adult summer camp—SO MUCH FUN! We also loved that there were so many different event spaces that we got to utilize throughout the weekend: from rehearsal dinner in the stone cellar and the welcome party in red barn, to cocktail hour on the tented patio and the reception in the brown barn. It did rain on our wedding day so we couldn’t have the ceremony outside like we’d planned, yet the team at Riverside managed to turn the red barn into a lovely, intimate ceremony site. I cannot say enough about how wonderful the team at Riverside is. They will guide you through every step of the planning process and do everything they can to ensure you have the wedding of your dreams. Alli, our wedding coordinator, was truly phenomenal. We didn’t have to stress about anything during our wedding weekend because Alli had it all under control. They truly go above and beyond at Riverside. If you want a wedding that will wow your guests and leave you with amazing memories to cherish for a lifetime, this is your place

Sent on 07/19/2018

Philip · Married on 06/16/2018

My wife and I were married at Riverside Farms in June of 2018. From start to finish, our experience with Riverside was nothing short of exceptional.

First and foremost, Alli (our wedding planner and day of coordinator) was absolutely wonderful. Alli was thoughtful, dedicated, detail-oriented, helpful, and responsive. Our wedding weekend went off without a single hitch, and it was all because of her. We honestly couldn’t be happier with the incredible work she did.

Riverside provided us with a backdrop of a quintessential Vermont experience. We used every inch of the property and created a weekend-long experience for our guests.

We started with a rehearsal dinner on Friday evening in the Red Barn, which transitioned into a welcome party for all of our out of town guests. The night was one of the highlights of the weekend as guests were able to meet and connect with one another in a fun, relaxing, and intimate setting. On Saturday, our ceremony was held out by the ceremony tree with minimal decorations so that the picturesque mountains were the focal point. After the wedding, guests were escorted to a cocktail hour under a tent. From there, we moved into the Brown Barn were votives lined the rustic beams and greenery filled the tables. The space in the Brown Barn was perfect- from the flow of dinner, to the dance floor, to the open porch area, our guests felt so comfortable and so at home. On Sunday, we held a brunch in the Red Barn- it was a great setting for everyone to say their goodbyes.

The food for each event was provided by Kevin and Katie from Vermont Farm Catering. We have had numerous wedding guests tell us that the food they ate was “flat out the best food they had ever had at a wedding”. The food was fresh, local, and in-season and made for an incredible variety of dishes that brought the spirit of the wedding alive.

In every aspect of Riverside, we couldn’t have imagined anything more perfect!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Brian · Married on 10/07/2017

I cannot begin to describe how happy my wife and I are with the service and experience we had with Riverside Farm. The obvious things area easy...the venue is quite literally one of the most breathtakingly beautiful places on earth. We had a wonderful fall wedding, but truly every season is picturesque there and will showcase any wedding vision on a grand scale. But beyond the aesthetics, the level of care and detail that the staff and Kim in particular provide is remarkable. Long story short for us was that we had to let our wedding planner go 3 weeks before the wedding, and Kim stepped in and helped us get our arms around ALL of the logistics. I can't believe how supportive, communicative, and effective she was in taking a near crisis situation and turning it into perfection. We owe her and the staff the world. Our wedding would have been a disaster without them, and we are forever grateful not just for the job they did, but the fact that they cared as much about every detail as we did. I cannot endorse Riverside passionately enough, and between Kim and Peter and the rest of the staff you are in the best possible hands with them!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Abigail · Married on 09/16/2017

We got married at RF 9/16/17 and it was the most magical weekend of our lives! We are still in awe of the entire experience! My husband grew up skiing for Killington & I just adore VT so after one of his close friends told us about RF, we planned a visit. We instantly knew it was meant to be. We had wanted to find a place where our friends & family could all be together rather than on a shuttle as we knew most of the guests would have a lengthy trip to get there in the first place. We had the entire property to ourselves all weekend and each event was on-site. All of our guests stayed within 9 miles of the property - including RF's sister property, Amee Farm Lodge (Matthew & Chris are the most hospitable, kind, and professional hosts ever!). The property is remarkable, inside and out. Our initial coordinator left a couple months prior to our wedding but we were ecstatic with our new coordinator, Kim - she was so hands-on, supportive, eager to help & professional. She made the planning process an absolute pleasure. She went above & beyond from start to finish with the utmost calmness & confidence. We are and will be forever grateful for her and all she did to help us in the months leading up to our wedding and on the actual weekend. The team is incredibly professional & have mastered the entire process w/o having it seem like a 'formula'. We were part of every decision & able to put our personal touches on every aspect. Kim was open to all of our ideas and if she was able to execute it, she did and in the few cases she couldn't, she came up with a list of similar ideas that they could do instead (many of which we liked more than our original idea!). We can't praise RF, AFL, Trailside, VFC & everyone involved. Our guests have gone out of their way to contact us and tell us RF was the most beautiful venue they have ever seen. I am already in touch w/ a couple who we met during their tour of the venue as they have decided to tie the knot at RF next year!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Ryan · Married on 09/09/2017

Everyone is in love with their own wedding, but we couldn't be happier with Riverside Farm. The property is absolutely stunning and the team went above and beyond on countless occasions to make our weekend everything we wanted and more. Most farms we toured were either too rustic or had the wedding factory feel. Riverside fits into that unique category where you have all the character of a VT farm with a professional team to make sure the details of the wedding all come together. If you want a farm wedding in VT (and you should), we can't imagine a better place.

Sent on 10/01/2017

Stephanie · Married on 08/26/2017

To say that Riverside Farm was the venue of my dreams would be an understatement. From the moment we stepped foot on the property, we knew this was the place we were going to get married! It is so far above any venue we have ever been to (and there have been A LOT). It is breathtaking in every single way. What really sold us from the start though, were the people. Many venues we visited treated us as just another couple getting married. We never felt special. From the first meeting at Riverside, we felt like we were family. They seemed just as excited as we were!! With each email and visit to Riverside (and there were MANY), we got to know the team so well (Kim is just the greatest!) and really felt at home. Every detail that Riverside thinks of is extraordinary. From all the gorgeous furniture and decor to updating the signs with your choice of cities, this place is just pure magic. I wouldn't change a thing and am so grateful I found Riverside Farms.

Sent on 09/12/2017

Kelly · Married on 08/19/2017

I couldn't have asked for a better venue than Riverside Farm! The property is absolutely stunning and my guests were raving about it all weekend long. I loved having each event in a different location on the farm, it certainly kept things exciting. Working with Kim was also a highlight of my wedding planning process. She was so flexible, helpful and, most importantly, quick to respond. I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 09/02/2017

Michael · Married on 07/29/2017

The Riverside venue and the entire staff exceeded all of our expectations for our wedding day. The venue is stunning, but what really made our planning/wedding day exceptional was the people at Riverside. Kim Gaines was our planner and she was responsive, flexible to accommodate our needs/changes, and incredibly attentive to us and our guests.
    We decided to not hire a wedding planner, which made us a bit nervous, but Kim and the staff were amazing. From introducing us to caterers/florists, to communicating with our band, and even reaching out to family who had questions, she/they did it all.
    If anyone is looking for a picture perfect Vermont location, where the venue is professional and welcoming, you couldn't ask for a better place!

Sent on 08/07/2017
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 10/29/2016

I do not think I can describe how blown away I was and still am by the team at Riverside Farms. Leading up to my wedding I had countless people tell me that 1 huge thing will go wrong on the day. But despite the unexpected snow storm and the rain I can honestly say it was a beyond perfect day and I have Sophie, Kim, and their team at Riverside to thank for that. Everything was perfect from the helpful and friendly wait staff to the rooms we stayed in. They know all the answers to your questions before you even ask them. I had a tiny dress malfunction and Kim was there with safety pins and clothespins ready to help me in my time of need. I could not have dreamt of a better place to get married or a better group of people to help make my dreams come true.

Sent on 12/28/2016

In a word, "AMAZING"!!!! Riverside Farm and their wonderful, attentive staff could not have done more to make my son and his beautiful bride's wedding MAGICAL!!! From the time we walked onto the property to the time we left (4 days), everything was flawless! The food was incredible, the barns were gorgeous, the bridal suite, groomsmen cabin, and the stables were just perfect! If you are looking to have the most memorable wedding, not just as the bride and groom but also your guests, Riverside Farm is the place for you! FANTASTIC!!!! The Green Mountains are the place to be!!!

Sent on 09/23/2016

Eleanor · Married on 08/27/2016

Riverside Farm is an absolutely stunning location to get married. The venue itself is incredibly, with multiple barns and sites to host different events (rehearsal dinner, ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, etc.) all set against a beautiful rural Vermont backdrop. The people who work there are also fantastic and make wedding planning and the running of the actual day a breeze. Our assigned wedding coordinator was so friendly, helpful, and hugely responsive, answering the millions of questions we bombarded her with, and dealing with last minute changes without issue. Even though the day was a blur (of course!), I felt like I could actually relax and not think about any details because everyone at Riverside had the whole thing under control. A dream setting to get married in and I can't recommend it highly enough! I only wish I could go back and repeat the day!

Sent on 10/15/2016

The team at Riverside was fantastic to work with. They responded almost immediately when I had a question and provided recommendations when needed based on prior experience; which was invaluable as I found there was usually too much information to sort through when simply looking online. The best part was showing up the day before the wedding, handing everything off, and knowing that the team would handle the rest based on the plan we had laid out together. Having piece of mind that everything was taken care of really allowed me to just relax and enjoy the celebration. The venue was gorgeous, the team was on point and we could not have asked for a better place for our special day/weekend.

Sent on 08/25/2016
  • Candice

Candice · Married on 05/01/2016

Incredible experience

As someone in the wedding industry - there is NOTHING more joyful than seeing an event not only be seamless, but intentional, focused and truly a delight from moment to moment. I could not be more thankful for the Riverside Farm team and how they helped my best friend have the wedding of her dreams!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Polly · Married on 04/02/2016

Totally magical! There couldn't have been a better location or staff to help us plan our wedding weekend. Everything was absolutely perfect and I couldn't have done it without their help!!!

Sent on 08/29/2016

Colleen · Married on 10/17/2015

Riverside Farm is a dream venue. It is the definition of rustic elegance. We had our entire weekend of events at Riverside Farm (other than our ceremony that we had at Church) We had our Welcome Dinner, Wedding Reception and Farewell Brunch and it was a dream come true. Guests were commenting all weekend that it was the best wedding they had ever been to. Our hair and make up team said it was the best set up they had for getting ready. The grounds are immaculate and kept up to perfection. The barns are BEAUTIFULLY restored and provide the most beautiful combination of elegance but with a warming charm that guests feel right at home. We loved everything about this venue from the beauty of the farm and mountain side, to the barns that provided our guests with a weekend we will all always remember. Sophie and the Riverside team did everything possible to ensure the weekend went seamlessly and was involved through out the entire wedding planning process. We absolutely loved Riverside Farm and feel so lucky to have found this venue to get married. It is such a special place and the venue provides the platform to really have a once in a lifetime Wedding that every Bride and Groom dreams of. Two things to keep in mind, if you get married in the fall, make sure IF you have cocktail hour under the tent, you ask for extra heaters as it was very cold. Also ask for extra parking attendants for parking at the venue because it gets dark early and it is quite a hike from the barn to the parking lot…..extra parking attendants and extra lighting would be very helpful.

Sent on 11/29/2015

Lynn · Married on 10/10/2015

Riverside Farm was an absolutely stunning venue for our daughter's recent wedding!! Thank you for providing such an unforgettable experience!! Everyone LOVED the venue, the ambience, the foliage, and the rustic yet elegant barns!! Sophie was wonderful to work with and made sure every detail was handled! The overall magic and love that was present was sometimes overwhelming!! Everyone's comments afterwards were "best wedding ever"!!! Well done... well done!!!!! - Mother of the Bride!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Christina · Married on 10/03/2015

We recently had our wedding at Riverside Farm, and it was the best decision we could have made. They are extremely skilled and professional, and have a long list of vendors that are of the same quality, which makes planning easy. The great part is that they welcome and encourage new and fun ideas and truly do want couples to create the wedding of their dreams. Sometimes venues, while beautiful, can feel like they have the same wedding over and over again by design-- this is not the case at Riverside. Our wedding felt special and unique, and we felt like the staff was excited to be a part of our celebrations. It was magical, not only for us, but for everyone in attendance.

Sent on 12/06/2015

Tony · Married on 09/19/2015

Our son and daughter in law were married at Riverside Farm in September and Sophie and the Riverside Farm team were wonderful! The venue is beautiful and all plans were executed flawlessly, professionally and beautifully throughout the entire weekend. All in attendance were very impressed and we have got terrific feedback about Riverside Farm, Sophie's leadership and coordination skills and also for the wonderful catering of the event by Kevin and Katie of Vermont Farms Catering. We absolutely would recommend Riverside Farm as a wedding / event venue. Thank you Sophie and team! Tony & Janice DiBona

Sent on 10/07/2015

Laurie · Married on 09/19/2015

My husband and I knew it was the place we wanted to get married the second we pulled up to the stunning view of the barns and fields surrounded by mountains, but it wasn't until we started the wedding planning that we realized how amazing the staff is at Riverside. Our wedding coordinator Sophie was invaluable - quick to respond to every email, on top of every little detail, and had a solution for everything (you can literally ask for anything and she will find a way to make it work). I visited a lot of venues prior to Riverside and found that a lot of them have a specific formula that doesn't feel very special or unique. Riverside has the perfect, rare mix where they coordinate every last detail of the event with experience yet allow you to do anything you can dream up. It was so much fun to have our bridal party stay on site with us in the rustic chic accommodations. We couldn't be happier with the weekend and it was truly and incredible experience!

Sent on 11/23/2015