Riversedge Photography Reviews

26 | Muskegon, MI

26 Reviews for Riversedge Photography

Josh · Married on 03/03/2018

We had Troy and David do our wedding photography. They went above and beyond expectations, being quick and responsive when we emailed or called with questions, and making the photographs streamline and not troublesome for us. These two made taking the photographs, even in the chilly March weather, a fun experience for not only us but for our bridal party as well. They are a hilarious duo that brought a great dynamic to the behind the scenes at our wedding.

Sent on 04/08/2018

Kelly · Married on 09/17/2016

We had a wonderful experience working with Troy at Riversedge photography. He was super easy to work with and we are in love with the pictures he took! Their prices are very reasonable and he was able to get our pictures back to us quickly. Our guests commented that they liked working with him. He was laid-back and made us laugh while we were taking pictures. Our photos are beautiful and I would absolutely recommend Riversedge!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Rachel · Married on 08/27/2016

Riversedge took our engagement photos and will also be doing our wedding day photos. Pictures were/are something very important to me that I did NOT want to cut corners on. Riversedge has a great reputation in the Muskegon area and our experience with them has not been anything less! Dave was so friendly and fun to work with. He made us feel comfortable and gave great direction. We got our engagement pictures back in 2 weeks and I love how they turned out. I couldn't be happier with Riversedge and look forward to working with them again in August!

Sent on 09/28/2015

I'm sure you hear it all the time but these pictures are AMAZING! They captured the feelings and joy of the day. The dress sits on a hanger, the flowers dry in a box but these memories are forever.

Thank you for spending the day with and and for taking such beautiful photos!

Sent on 10/03/2015

Troy with Riversedge did an amazing job with my engagement photos as well as my wedding. We asked if he could customize a package to fit our budget and he was happy to do so. I told him I hated my photo taken and just wasn’t photogenic at all. So he recommended meeting with both me and my now husband prior to us hiring him so that we could make sure there was chemistry. It was a great idea and it ended up being a good fit. He was quick to reply via email or phone and was flexible with meeting times since I work a full time job. He also uses a flash, which is a plus. Some photographers don’t use this all the time and you end up missing the color of people’s eyes in some cases. He made us feel really comfortable during the engagement shoot and was fun to work with. My husband and I really don’t like photos but he made it easy and enjoyable for us and the pictures look amazing. I’d recommend him for sure.

Sent on 04/29/2015

Riversedge came highly recommended by a friend of mine who had recently worked with Troy for her engagement and wedding photos, and was also listed as a preferred vendor by the venue. Troy put us at ease from the first meeting with his laid back attitude and willingness to listen to what we were hoping for from our photographer. Leading up to the wedding Troy was always quick to respond to any questions I had for him, either by phone or email. We started with an engagement session, which was a great way to get familiar with his style as a photographer. I highly recommend booking an engagement session, as it will make you a little more comfortable when it comes time for your big day.
    On our wedding day, Troy arrived early, and was ready to get started shooting right away. His lovely assistant/second photographer arrived early too, which really allowed us to get some great pictures of both the guys and girls getting ready in our separate rooms. Troy had a copy of the timeline and helped keep us on track, all while taking some fantastic behind the scenes pictures.
    About a month and a half after the wedding the pictures were available for us to view on the website, and shortly thereafter we received a flash drive with all of our pictures. The pictures themselves are beautiful, Troy and Betsy captured all of our moments that day in such a thoughtful way. I am so thankful that we chose Riversedge for our wedding photography, my husband and I will treasure these pictures for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 01/25/2015

Megan · Married on 01/04/2014

Troy and his assistant (I cannot remember her name) were so much fun! My husband and I's biggest priority was the photographer as the photo's are what the keepsakes from the day. After visiting his website, and a few recommendations from our friends, we knew he was the one. His pricing was very competitive and even better than some of the other photographers in the area, and we looked at about 10! We gave him a list with a few must-have pictures so that we got all the family pictures we needed, but he handled everyone with ease. It was an overcast day and his excitedness about the shots he was getting, really kept my nerves at bay. He was a joy to have around and went with it when my husband wanted some interesting photos. Although we haven't recieved our pictures yet, it's only been 3 weeks, we are both confident and excited to see what he got! Troy is a great guy and an even better photographer! We cannot recommend him enough!

Sent on 01/26/2014

Rochelle · Married on 11/23/2013

During the hustle and bustle of the best day of your life, you tend to miss certain moments. That's why we couldn't stop smiling when we saw our wedding pictures. Troy and Dave captured private moments before the wedding (when we were separated), they caught special moments during the ceremony, they got great pictures of the wedding party, and they got amazing shots during the reception. The pictures reminded us of special moments of the day and showed us things that we missed. And through it all, Troy and Dave were not only professional and well dressed, but they were also really fun and made us feel comfortable. Weddings might only last a day, but the photos last forever! We are so happy we chose Riversedge photography! We will cherish our wedding photos and we will be so proud to show them off!

Sent on 04/01/2014
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 10/05/2013

David did an amazing job with our wedding photos. We received so many compliments on how they turned out and how creative David is. He was able to capture all the little things and never made any of the photos feel or look forced. He was willing to walk into a lake in October and kneel in dirt to get our pictures. I know that we will continue to use Riversedge for any photo needs we have!

Danielle · Married on 04/13/2013

I was super stressed about finding the "right" photographer because I wanted the pictures to be perfect- these would be memories I treasured for the rest of my life. When I met with Troy, I was immediately impressed. He is very professional and laid back- a nice calming effect on my bridal planning frenzy. He brought lots of examples of photos and albums from other weddings he had shot in the area, and I was particularly impressed to see that he had taken care to bring photos from the venue where my reception would be. In addition, he's just a super nice guy and had great prices considering the amount of time he is shooting and the products you get.

Neither my husband nor I had ever taken professional photos before, so we were both nervous (my husband especially) about looking awkward in the photos. Troy was wonderful in his ability to put us at ease and make us feel comfortable- and the shots were BEAUTIFUL. We just received our album in the mail and we are thrilled with the quality and amazing shots that we now have to remember our big day. Thank you SO much Troy- you were wonderful to work with. To any SW Florida bride, I highly recommend you look into Riversedge and my advice would be to book early because he will fill up!!

Sent on 04/13/2014

Troy is AWESOME to work with. He traveled from Muskegon to East Lansing and we could not be happier with his work. He is so much fun and made taking pictures actually enjoyable. He has a great sense of humor and he is so good at what he does. I HIGHLY recommend him!

Sent on 08/20/2012

Troy was awesome throughout the entire process! Our pictures are better than we could have ever imagined and he made the day so special for us. I would recommend Riversedge to any bride looking for a photographer.

Sent on 11/01/2012

We couldn't have asked for a better photographer. Troy made our day so relaxed and we love being able to look back at the pictures that documented our day so well.

• Brigid

Brigid · Married on 10/01/2011

The best photographers I have ever come in contact with. They were fun, professional, and did everything perfectly. Their pictures are amazing!

Sent on 10/20/2011

KAROLYN · Married on 04/02/2011

Troy and staff we SO great to work with - he is so laid back and makes the entire experience fun for all. He spent so much extra time making sure everything was done and the pictures are gorgeous! I would highly recommend Riversedge Photography for value / price / and quality.

Sent on 05/17/2011

Mindy · Married on 03/19/2011

Troy from Riversedge was phenomenal! He was so great and easy to work with from the very beginning. I was a bit nervous how my photos would turn out sense I had a candlelight ceremony and I knew it was going to be dark. But Troy reassured me that the photos would turn out great and not to worry. And of course they were spectacular! Since my husband-to-be didn't want to see me before the wedding (when there was daylight), we scheduled a photo shoot a couple weeks after the wedding to get some daytime photos. Troy was very accommodating with this request.

With being in the wedding business I see lots of photographers, Troy is by far the best and is very consistent with his work. I see some photographers that are good for one wedding then the next wedding their photos are not up to par as before. Every wedding Troy photographs is amazing! I would highly recommend Troy for anyone who's looking for a wedding photographer!

Sent on 02/26/2014

Very fun to work with. Creative ideas for photos but open to suggestions too!

Sent on 03/01/2014

Molly · Married on 07/17/2010

I can not say enough about Troy and his team! So wonderful! The pictures were the most important part of my wedding because after the day is over and done, you have your rings and your pictures! I fell in love with his modern style and pictures on his website! His guidance was perfect, I felt so comfortable with him and his team too. Every time I look at my pictures now I am so thankful I had such a wonderful photographer who understood how I wanted to be remembered on that day! Highly recommended!!!!!

Sent on 03/04/2011

Very professional, creative and just a blast to have at our wedding taking pictures. Worth every penny!

Donaylle Nicole · Married on 05/16/2015

We have personally worked with Riversedge Photography, and they have also worked with our close friends and family. Troy and Dave do amazing work and always make their "models" feel at ease. We are absolutely ecstatic to be partnered with this business and love nothing more then to recommend them to our Brides!

Sent on 05/22/2015

Katie · Married on 06/23/2012

Troy took our engagement photos as well as our wedding pictures and my husband and I couldn't have been more pleased with the entire experience. Troy truly captured the emotions, special moments, and excitement of our wedding day. He even took the time to set up the perfect " First Glimpse" for my husband and I and the pictures that he shot there were incredible! We would recommend this company to anyone.

Sent on 02/12/2014

Kristen · Married on 09/25/2010

Very professional. Personal friend of ours so we know the quality of their work.

Sent on 10/12/2010

Melisa · Married on 09/11/2010

Rivers Edge Photography has taken family pictures as well as our wedding. We love their work and will continue to use them and refer them to anyone in need of beautiful pictures.

Sent on 03/01/2014

Jenny · Married on 07/26/2008

Troy and his assistant came to our wedding in Mackinac Island and did a wonderful job. He interacted well with the guests and got some amazing shots. He took a little tour around the island before the wedding to find the best spots to take pictures, so he was prepared and organized when it came time to take the pictures downtown.

Sent on 02/24/2014

Beth · Married on 05/23/2009

We loved working with Rivers Edge Photography! Troy was fantastic and the pictures turned out absolutely amazing! We would highly recommend Rivers Edge to anyone looking for an elegant photographer.

Sent on 12/15/2009