The Bibb Mill Event Center Reviews

The Bibb Mill Event Center 6
The Bibb Mill Event Center 7

Jana Reese · Getting married on 01/05/2021

Best Wedding Venue Around

If you are looking for the perfect venue with the absolute best team, look no further! The team at the River Mill Event Center are nothing short of amazing. Two of our daughters have gotten married here and we still have no complaints. This team thinks of everything...even before you do. They are constantly available for questions or just to bounce and idea off of them. They will fully support your dream and do everything possible to turn that dream into a reality. They respond within minutes to all email communication and will even did a spur of the moment walk through when we had concerns about the weather.
    They know when to make suggestions and when to stand by and support your suggestions. They are experts in this field and make the wedding event seamless. We could not have had a better experience and will highly recommend them to any bride to be.

Sent on 05/28/2019

Jana-
    Thank you so much! We loved working with you and your family. They were such a good time. I also loved your dreamy color palette. It was so wonderful to see something fresh in our space.

Jess Medler · Married on 05/26/2019

Truly incredible venue!!

Incredible Venue! First of all, it is so so unbelievably beautiful! Second of all, everyone who works there is so so kind! So easy to work with and they definitely went above and beyond, they brought us mimosas in the morning when we were getting ready, and water bottles when we were outside taking pictures in the heat! I cannot say enough great things about them! Loved every second of my experience with them!

Sent on 07/16/2019
    The Bibb Mill Event Center 15
    The Bibb Mill Event Center 16
    The Bibb Mill Event Center 17

Sarah · Married on 05/18/2019

Beautiful venue with excellent service

We got married here last week & everything was perfect. Lindsay with Rivermill was extremely helpful & worked with us & all of our vendors to customize every detail to our liking. Worth every penny!

Sent on 05/26/2019

The Bibb Mill Event Center's reply:

Sarah thank you so much! You were a pleasure to work with! You definitely had the dream team that day. Thank you for including us in your BIG DAY.

Kristen · Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing wedding reception

- The Rivermill Event Center went under new management right before I booked my wedding. I was a little nervous at first dealing with this transition, but Lindsay Norton and her team are amazing! Any time I had a question or wanted to change something they were so quick to respond and help out. I don’t think there was anything I could really complain about for the day of my wedding. When I suddenly realized I didn’t have chargers for the place setting (long story about why), the day before the wedding, I called them and asked if I could use theirs and they called me back within an hour and said I could use them free of charge! My guests told me how beautiful the space was and they had a wonderful time there.

Sent on 05/13/2019

Kristen-
    Thank you so much. You were a pleasure to work with. Many blessings to you and your husband!
    - Lindsay

Jennifer · Married on 04/05/2019

5 stars all around.

Working with the rivermill event center was so easy and stress free. Lindsay and her team responded to emails within an hour or two, gave thorough responses, and updated pricing promptly as we made changes. We have gotten dozens of compliments that the food was delicious, and that the staff was very accommodating. For our food, open bar, outdoor and indoor spaces reserved, and the gorgeous venue, we felt it was very reasonably priced. It is a beautiful venue and you can trust that they will do a phenomenal job and make it flawless and stress free. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 05/29/2019
    The Bibb Mill Event Center 18

Jennifer-

Thank you so much. We loved having you and Matt. Y'all were a pleasure to work with as well as your families. Thank you for choosing us! I can't wait to see your pictures.

Lindsay

What an absolutely stunning venue. We had the reception there and it was just prefect. The staff was quite friends;y, the food was absolutely delicious, the scenery was stunning, and the guests loved it! Brittany was a huge help and we couldn't have done it without her. If you decide to use this venue, definitely get the drapery on the ceiling, what a beautiful and simple touch of elegance.

Sent on 06/01/2015

Louisa · Married on 04/11/2015

The RiverMill Event Centre may be the South's best kept secret. It's an absolutely stunning venue in a beautiful setting; the food is delicious; and the planning services are top notch. Thanks to Jamie, Beth, and the rest of the RiverMill staff for making my April wedding so gorgeous. Our guests can't stop talking about the RiverMill!

Sent on 04/27/2015

Katie · Married on 01/17/2015

We used the Highlands Chapel and the Bibb Room for our January wedding, and it was absolutely perfect. I started off my wedding planning while I was living in the Caribbean and Beth made it so easy for me---she even took videos of the rooms to email to me since I couldn't be there in person to take a tour! She definitely went above & beyond.
    When Beth went on maternity leave, Brittany & Jessica stepped in for coordinating purposes and they were fantastic! They were very responsive to all my last minute calls and emails and so friendly & accommodating. Even the day-of, they were calm and professional and if there was any hint of stress creeping up on me, they dissolved it immediately. Definitely go for the Milner Coordinating Services, it's one of the best investments we made for our wedding! I can't thank yall enough!
    The food was outstanding! My guests are still raving about our meals. Best wedding food I've ever had. And they sent me & my husband away with to-go boxes piled high with food! I love that the caterer was included; it was just one less vendor I had to find, which is perfect for non-planners like myself.
    I love the location, with the exposed brick and large windows and wooden beams, it was just a beautiful ballroom. The grounds overlook the river and there are plenty of spots for beautiful photos. My husband and I did our first look outside and the photos are amazing.

Sent on 02/24/2015

The Bibb Mill Event Center's reply:

Thank you Katie! It was our pleasure!
    Best Regards,
    RiverMill Event Centre Team
  • W

Whitney · Married on 07/27/2013

The RiverMill was an ideal location for my wedding reception. The money was well spent for the RiverCrest room. Plenty of space, the food was superb, and the view was just gorgeous. People are still talking about my wedding and reception a year later.

Sent on 09/04/2014

Amanda · Married on 11/05/2011

I couldn't have asked for a better venue. I cannot thank Beth Milner, Amanda, David, and of course Jamie Keating for making our wedding day Saturday truly special. They listen to every idea, inspiration, and need you have and bend over backwards to make it happen. Not only is the site the most beautiful in the area, all the staff are incredibly professional and really make you real special. It was incredible day, thank you all so much!

- Amanda Corrie Burts (Bontrager)

Sent on 11/07/2011

Amanda!

It was our pleasure but, what always makes the experience a special one is when our Brides and their families allow us to be your guide, servants and facilitators for your special day! Congratulations again and Thank you for all of your kind words. JAmie

Sarah · Married on 10/01/2011

They have a gorgeous view overlooking the Chatahoochee River with beautiful gardens. They also have several different rooms of varying sizes to choose from for your reception. You agree to no outside catering, but there's no need. Jamie Keating is an outstanding chef who is flexible and is willing to work with you on the menu. The food tasting was awesome, and you'll have difficulty narrowing down your choices!

Sent on 10/18/2012

Bethany · Married on 06/07/2009

I had a wonderful experience with Jamie at River Mill Event Center! He was very informative and explain how choose your menu and where to start. He listened to my ideas and favorites and worked up a wonderful meal that went so well together. The guests raved about the food and we were highly pleased. The cook was even present at the wedding making sure everything went smoothly. He has great ideas and executes them flawlessly.

Sent on 07/23/2009

Tracy Williams · Married on 05/11/2019

Beautiful venue and helpful staff!

This is such a beautiful venue for a wedding. Lindsay and her staff were so helpful throughout the entire planning process and they really worked with us to make sure my dream wedding became a reality. I got so many compliments on the space and the food. I definitely made the right decision booking the Rivermill for my wedding.

Sent on 06/03/2019

Ivey · Married on 08/27/2011

The River Mill Event Centre is a wonderful place to have a wedding! Jamie, the chef is great to work with and cooked some amazing food for our reception! He is extremely creative and I loved the way he presented the food! The only issue someone might have with the River Mill, is that it is literally a blank slate. They give you the tables and some plastic chairs, but besides that you pretty much have to bring in the rest...and that can get expensive! On the plus side, since it is a blank slate, you can decorate however you want and make it look however you want! The plastic chairs were the only problem I had with the River Mill because they looked very cheap. You'd think for such a nice place, they would have nicer chairs. We ended up renting their dark wooden chairs that cost about $9 a chair (I think). Overall, I would definitely recommend them.

Sent on 10/07/2011
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 04/20/2019

Elizabeth was the best!

Great experience, from begging to end. Loved Elizabeth and Lindsey. They were very friendly and I am super thankful I got to work with both of them!

Sent on 04/26/2019

This is a beautiful venue! Though costly, the staff does provide many services to help execute the event seamlessly.

Sent on 08/16/2016

Stephanie · Married on 03/30/2013

4.2
      3.5
      3.0

I absolutely loved this location for my wedding and reception. I had the ceremony in the garden and the reception in the river view room. Beth was a big help when it came to planning things and making the timeline (and keeping us on it). The only bad thing I can think of is the price is pretty expensive and you must use there catering service. But at the end of the day I had my fairly tale wedding :-)

Sent on 04/18/2013

Ashley · Married on 04/28/2019

3.6

Recommended for weddings

Venue is gorgeous and well maintained. However, they cannot keep up with the level of parties/ activities they have going through. I would make sure you hire an event coordinator if you decided to use this venue. Staff was extremely friendly and make me (bride) and the groom very comfortable to enjoy our day.

Sent on 05/02/2019

Ashley-
    Thank you so much for your response. You were a beautiful bride and we enjoyed serving you and your family.

Lindsay Norton
  • Monique & Maurice

Monique · Married on 06/01/2013

3.6
      3.5

The Rivermill is a beautiful venue, excellent food and service!! You will love your wedding here if you can get past the nightmare of planning with them. The special event coordinator is not friendly and condescending. She will raise food/beverage prices in your contract without notifying you, offer all sorts of services which are not included, so beware!! They don't give you anything here! If you are planning a wedding in the garden it will be an additional $2250 plus the room rental fee! That wasn't explained to me initially and is not included on your initial contract price!! Get a price quote and take it home to study it!! Don't sign anything out of excitement (my mistake).

Sent on 06/19/2013

Scarlett · Married on 04/28/2017

2.6
      2.5
      2.5
      1.5
      3.0

The gardens at the Rivermill are gorgeous but inside is dated with the white ceiling drapes and Christmas lights. They charge an outrageous amount for a venue I would consider subpar. Our wedding ceremony was in the gardens and reception in the adjacent room, both spaces were decorated by the floral/event designer and wedding coordinator. The two made the event look amazing. Working with Beth (Office mananger?) was a downer. I made several out of the box suggestions that were met with “Well, we’ve never done that before.” It overall seemed they wanted the cash with no intentions of giving second mile service. You book and pay and they are done with you.
    To add, the venue really needs to be updated. The rope lighting outside is charred from the sun, the bamboo chairs are falling apart ( a guest of mine had their chair collapse under them and no they were not overweight), the farm tables are wobbly and grossly overused. Both tables and chairs are rented separately so it is a complete rip-off. I will say the food was satisfactory. Overall, you’ll be paying a lot for an attractive space but that’s it.

Sent on 12/06/2017

0.6
      1.0
      0.0

I loved the place and paid in full that day to book our wedding date nine months ahead of time. It was high in price but we thought it was worth it on our wedding day. three moths before the Wedding they called and told me they made a "accounting error" and I had to repay them the money. They wouldn't let me talk to the accountant and would constantly tell me they would have to check with this so called accountant every time I had a question and then wouldn't call back. DONT TRUST THEM!!

Sent on 03/23/2015

Dear Client:
    We are delighted you have chosen us as your wedding venue! While we have tried to contact you as well as your fiancée regarding the payment, we have not been successful and cannot move forward without clearance from you. At this time, we do still have your date and ceremony location available and sincerely look forward to hearing from you soon as we know this will be a beautiful wedding. Have a wonderful day!

Best Regards,