13 Reviews for RiverMill Event Centre

4.3
13 RiverMill Event Centre Reviews

2.7

The gardens at the Rivermill are gorgeous but inside is dated with the white ceiling drapes and Christmas lights. They charge an outrageous amount for a venue I would consider subpar. Our wedding ceremony was in the gardens and reception in the adjacent room, both spaces were decorated by the floral/event designer and wedding coordinator. The two made the event look amazing. Working with Beth (Office mananger?) was a downer. I made several out of the box suggestions that were met with “Well, we’ve never done that before.” It overall seemed they wanted the cash with no intentions of giving second mile service. You book and pay and they are done with you.
To add, the venue really needs to be updated. The rope lighting outside is charred from the sun, the bamboo chairs are falling apart ( a guest of mine had their chair collapse under them and no they were not overweight), the farm tables are wobbly and grossly overused. Both tables and chairs are rented separately so it is a complete rip-off. I will say the food was satisfactory. Overall, you’ll be paying a lot for an attractive space but that’s it.

Profile Picture Scarlett, 4/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths

This is a beautiful venue! Though costly, the staff does provide many services to help execute the event seamlessly.

Profile Picture User4594852, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
0.6

I loved the place and paid in full that day to book our wedding date nine months ahead of time. It was high in price but we thought it was worth it on our wedding day. three moths before the Wedding they called and told me they made a "accounting error" and I had to repay them the money. They wouldn't let me talk to the accountant and would constantly tell me they would have to check with this so called accountant every time I had a question and then wouldn't call back. DONT TRUST THEM!!

Profile Picture User4902564, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

What an absolutely stunning venue. We had the reception there and it was just prefect. The staff was quite friends;y, the food was absolutely delicious, the scenery was stunning, and the guests loved it! Brittany was a huge help and we couldn't have done it without her. If you decide to use this venue, definitely get the drapery on the ceiling, what a beautiful and simple touch of elegance.

Profile Picture User4796389, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

The RiverMill Event Centre may be the South's best kept secret. It's an absolutely stunning venue in a beautiful setting; the food is delicious; and the planning services are top notch. Thanks to Jamie, Beth, and the rest of the RiverMill staff for making my April wedding so gorgeous. Our guests can't stop talking about the RiverMill!

Profile Picture Louisa, 4/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We used the Highlands Chapel and the Bibb Room for our January wedding, and it was absolutely perfect. I started off my wedding planning while I was living in the Caribbean and Beth made it so easy for me---she even took videos of the rooms to email to me since I couldn't be there in person to take a tour! She definitely went above & beyond.
When Beth went on maternity leave, Brittany & Jessica stepped in for coordinating purposes and they were fantastic! They were very responsive to all my last minute calls and emails and so friendly & accommodating. Even the day-of, they were calm and professional and if there was any hint of stress creeping up on me, they dissolved it immediately. Definitely go for the Milner Coordinating Services, it's one of the best investments we made for our wedding! I can't thank yall enough!
The food was outstanding! My guests are still raving about our meals. Best wedding food I've ever had. And they sent me & my husband away with to-go boxes piled high with food! I love that the caterer was included; it was just one less vendor I had to find, which is perfect for non-planners like myself.
I love the location, with the exposed brick and large windows and wooden beams, it was just a beautiful ballroom. The grounds overlook the river and there are plenty of spots for beautiful photos. My husband and I did our first look outside and the photos are amazing.

Profile Picture Katie, 1/17/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The RiverMill was an ideal location for my wedding reception. The money was well spent for the RiverCrest room. Plenty of space, the food was superb, and the view was just gorgeous. People are still talking about my wedding and reception a year later.

Profile Picture Whitney, 7/27/13, 2 Reviews
3.6

The Rivermill is a beautiful venue, excellent food and service!! You will love your wedding here if you can get past the nightmare of planning with them. The special event coordinator is not friendly and condescending. She will raise food/beverage prices in your contract without notifying you, offer all sorts of services which are not included, so beware!! They don't give you anything here! If you are planning a wedding in the garden it will be an additional $2250 plus the room rental fee! That wasn't explained to me initially and is not included on your initial contract price!! Get a price quote and take it home to study it!! Don't sign anything out of excitement (my mistake).

Profile Picture Monique, 6/1/13, 1 Review
4.3

I absolutely loved this location for my wedding and reception. I had the ceremony in the garden and the reception in the river view room. Beth was a big help when it came to planning things and making the timeline (and keeping us on it). The only bad thing I can think of is the price is pretty expensive and you must use there catering service. But at the end of the day I had my fairly tale wedding :-)

Profile Picture Stephanie , 3/30/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths

I couldn't have asked for a better venue. I cannot thank Beth Milner, Amanda, David, and of course Jamie Keating for making our wedding day Saturday truly special. They listen to every idea, inspiration, and need you have and bend over backwards to make it happen. Not only is the site the most beautiful in the area, all the staff are incredibly professional and really make you real special. It was incredible day, thank you all so much!

- Amanda Corrie Burts (Bontrager)

Profile Picture Amanda, 11/5/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths

They have a gorgeous view overlooking the Chatahoochee River with beautiful gardens. They also have several different rooms of varying sizes to choose from for your reception. You agree to no outside catering, but there's no need. Jamie Keating is an outstanding chef who is flexible and is willing to work with you on the menu. The food tasting was awesome, and you'll have difficulty narrowing down your choices!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/1/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths

The River Mill Event Centre is a wonderful place to have a wedding! Jamie, the chef is great to work with and cooked some amazing food for our reception! He is extremely creative and I loved the way he presented the food! The only issue someone might have with the River Mill, is that it is literally a blank slate. They give you the tables and some plastic chairs, but besides that you pretty much have to bring in the rest...and that can get expensive! On the plus side, since it is a blank slate, you can decorate however you want and make it look however you want! The plastic chairs were the only problem I had with the River Mill because they looked very cheap. You'd think for such a nice place, they would have nicer chairs. We ended up renting their dark wooden chairs that cost about $9 a chair (I think). Overall, I would definitely recommend them.

Profile Picture Ivey, 8/27/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had a wonderful experience with Jamie at River Mill Event Center! He was very informative and explain how choose your menu and where to start. He listened to my ideas and favorites and worked up a wonderful meal that went so well together. The guests raved about the food and we were highly pleased. The cook was even present at the wedding making sure everything went smoothly. He has great ideas and executes them flawlessly.

Profile Picture Bethany, 6/7/09, 5 Reviews