Riverhead Flower Shop Reviews

17 Reviews for Riverhead Flower Shop

17 Riverhead Flower Shop Reviews

Jackie · Married on 10/06/2018

Best Florist!

Peggy and the Riverhead Flower Shop did an absolutely amazing job for our 9/14/18 wedding. She knew exactly what vibe I was going for and blew us away with all the bouquets, awesome hops boutonnieres and absolutely one of a kind center pieces! Definitely hire them!

Kasey · Married on 08/03/2018

Peggy is beyond amazing! She took my vision of what I wanted my flowers to look like and blew it out of the park! I was so overwhelmed with how beautiful everything came out! The whole staff there is wonderful so helpful and really just the best!! You will not be disappointed!!!

Kerri · Married on 06/09/2018

Peggy at Riverhead Flower Shop was an absolute pleasure to work with! I know nothing about flowers, I can name about 5 types, and other flower shops left me feeling foolish for not knowing exactly what I was asking for - but not here. I showed her a few Pinterest photos of bouquets that I liked, and she quickly understood the look I was going for and even went into the back to mock up a sample bouquet and bridesmaids bouquets for me. I explained my idea for centerpieces to her as well and she gave us some great suggestions on how to make them look even better. The day of our wedding all of our bouquets and boutonnieres arrived on time and looked more beautiful than I could have imagined! I would highly recommend Peggy and Riverhead Flower Shop!

Riverhead Flower Shop 1
    Riverhead Flower Shop 2
    Riverhead Flower Shop 3
    Riverhead Flower Shop 4

Lawrence · Married on 04/27/2018

We used Riverhead Flower Shop for our wedding (4/27/18). They did an incredible job. The bouquets and our centerpieces were gorgeous. Neither of us are big on flowers, but our jaws were on the ground when we saw everything. Peggy was very professional and a pleasure to work with. She was very accommodating and dealt with us changing our minds 3 times during the engagement. We definitely recommend them!

Thank you again for making our wedding day beautiful!

Megan & Lawrence

Nicole · Married on 04/07/2018

Love this shop!

Could not be happier with our wedding flowers. Peggy listened to what we wanted and designed beautiful bouquets and centerpieces. Our boutonnieres were totally custom and they rocked them! Thank you to everyone at the shop for making our day that much better!

Riverhead Flower Shop 5
    Riverhead Flower Shop 6
    Riverhead Flower Shop 7
    Riverhead Flower Shop 8
    Riverhead Flower Shop 9
    Riverhead Flower Shop 10
    Riverhead Flower Shop 11

Linda · Married on 11/05/2017

Peggy and her staff did a wonderful job on short notice with our wedding arrangements. The initial consultation was professional and very helpful in assisting us to determine what we needed and where. Peggy was creative and followed my desired color scheme perfectly. The flowers in every arrangement were beautiful. I especially loved my bouquet! On our wedding day everything was delivered on time and set up perfectly. Thank you to Riverhead Flower Shop for coming through for us. We highly recommend their services.

Riverhead Flower Shop 12
    Riverhead Flower Shop 17
    Riverhead Flower Shop 18
    Riverhead Flower Shop 19

Amalia · Married on 07/29/2017

We hired the Riverhead Flower Shop for our wedding this past summer and could not be happier with the outcome. Peggy and her team helped us come up with an affordable and elegant arrangement, which they executed beautifully!

Riverhead Flower Shop 20

Elizabeth · Married on 06/03/2017

I would definitely recommend the Riverhead Flower Shop. Peggy was extremely easy to work with and very helpful when I wasn't really sure what I wanted. Our venue was Martha Clara Vineyard, and Peggy made the suggestion that I should go with taller centerpeices to fill the room with such high ceilings. She was 100% right !! When I expressed that cost was a concern she was very flexible in helping me choose cost effective flowers while still getting the wow factor I had wanted. We loved working with great people during our wedding and thats exactly what you will get at RFS !!

Riverhead Flower Shop 21
    Riverhead Flower Shop 22
    Riverhead Flower Shop 23
    Riverhead Flower Shop 24

Kerri · Married on 12/17/2016

Peggy was a joy to work with, her professional demeanor and knowledge of flowers made the process super easy. She didn't try to sell me on things I didn't want but stuck to designing beautifully arranged center pieces and bouquets! Plus the budget was never an issue, she stuck to it and worked with me on saving a few extra dollars. The flowers arrived fresh and gorgeous day of!

Sent on 03/05/2017

Riverhead Flower Shop's reply:

Thanks so much Kerri- Your wedding flowers were awesome to design and so much fun for a winter wedding. The colors and textures you decided on complimented the girls dresses beautifully as well as the reception tables. I am so happy it came together effortlessly and it was a perfect way to help you and your husband start your journey together. All the Best- Peggy

Michelle · Married on 10/07/2016

Peggy and Danielle were absolutely amazing and catered to our every need. Our flowers couldn't have been any more beautiful! We highly recommend them for all of your floral needs.

I can't thank Lauren and Peggy enough for being so accommodating and professional. A week before my wedding I decided it was time to look into a bouquet. I live in Manhattan, which is 2 hours away and I couldn't make a special trip to meet with them for a consult.

I sent Lauren pictures via email so she got an idea of what I was looking for. I had a scheduled visit with my wedding venue across the street on a Sunday the week before the wedding. Lauren accommodated me and opened up the shop even though they are closed Sunday. My order was nothing big yet they treated me with respect and went above and beyond to accommodate my schedule.

When I came in with my husband, Lauren was fantastic. She put together a sample bouquet on the spot so I could get an idea of what it would look like. She was so amazing I decided to also order boutonnières and corsages. One of the boutonnière I wanted made was for a 8 month old and Lauren nailed it! For my nieces I wanted them to have flowers to match my bouquet but since they are young girls Lauren suggested hair pieces which also came out great.

If I haven't stressed it enough...all this was done the week before and they delivered the flowers to my hotel room!

I can't thank y'all enough!

Sent on 03/18/2014

Riverhead Flower Shop's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review!! It was such a pleasure working with you as well and being able to help in any way to make your special day just a little more special! We wish you the very best and thank you for choosing Riverhead Flower Shop!

Amanda · Married on 11/08/2013

My flowers turned out beautifully! Peggy knew exactly what I wanted and they turned out even better than I could have ever imagined! I was so happy with everything and will definitely be recommending Riverhead Flower Shop to my friends!

Sent on 11/25/2013

Riverhead Flower Shop's reply:

Thank you Amanda for your review. It was a pleasure working with you and We are beyond thrilled that you were happy with your flowers. Congrats on your wedding!!

Corinne · Married on 10/07/2016

My wedding took place at Sparkling Pointe Vineyard in Southold & being from Western Nassau, I knew I had to use a Florist closer to the venue for several reasons. I was hesitant being in the hospitality industry & knowing many Florists that I wanted to use. However, from my first contact with Peggy at Riverhead Flower Shop, I had a great feeling. During our initial appointment, she put together my ideal bouquet, the bridesmaid bouquets & the centerpieces. This is a huge deal as most shops would never do this w/o a deposit at least! For them to allow you to leave your decision open, made me believe, what I saw that day was for sure going to be even more stunning on my wedding day. Wasting their inventory w/o your guarantee proved to me their confidence of what they can do for me. Peggy took my vision & made it into something even more beautiful. The day of the wedding, upon delivery I was not completely pleased with my bouquet or my groom's boutonniere. The delivery girl, spoke with Peggy & within 40 mins, I had my loose bouquet exactly how I wanted it, & the groom's boutonniere a bit smaller, both were perfect to say the least. Arriving at the venue & seeing the centerpieces for the first time- the perfection & flawlessness brought tears to my eyes. I went to see Peggy with my ideal centerpieces which were incredibly over my budget, with Peggy's guidance & expertise she showed us options to create the same look for half the price.. I wish I can post pics because everything was just perfect!
    Additionally they are not open on Sundays or at least in the summer, but because we lived so far away, Sundays were much easier for us to go out there. Peggy opened up for us if we were coming out there so we can leave additional money, etc. The only reason I took 1/2 a star away is because there were 2 times she did not respond to my emails & I had to reach out to her again. It was not a big deal, but I work with brides daily & timely responses are #1!

melanie · Married on 03/03/2017

This flower shop is great. I went in one day clueless as to what type of flowers to get for my wedding and Peggy put a beautiful arrangement together for me in no time that worked out great with my theme (beach) and color scheme (coral and navy). I requested bouquets with starfish on burlap because I was having a beach themed wedding at the aquarium nearby. Everything was great the flowers came out gorgeous my only complaint would be that all of the guys boutineers were falling off all night so the bridal attendtant was constantly sewing them back on to their tuxes- and we had a lot of groomsman, 11 plus ring bearers and fathers of the bride and groom. The customer service prior to booking and the flower arrival time was great here.

• Lauren

Lauren · Married on 09/17/2016

I was an out of town bride and Peggy was very open to sending a contract through email and phone. I sent her pictures of what I wanted through email and she made the bouquets beautiful. She actually made the bouquets much bigger than I expected. The bouquets were gorgeous! The payments were also split into three installments which made it helpful in managing my budget. I also thought last minute I wanted a floral piece for the alter (prior to learning that floral pieces are not allowed on alters) and Peggy was responsive and ready to provide me what I wanted for the budget I set. Riverhead flower shop also delivered from Riverhead to East Hampton for our ceremony.

Sent on 09/27/2016

Riverhead Flower Shop's reply:

Awe.. Thanks so much Laura. It was our pleasure to accommodate you at such an important time in your life. In this fast paced world it is much easier for some brides to communicate through email and text. We try our best to make it easy and stress free while getting a completely custom wedding design. We wish you and your husband all the best on your new life together. Congratulations!
  • User2742093 · 2+ years ago

3.0

Peggy at Riverhead Flower Shop was fantastic during the whole process of planning flowers for my wedding. During our initial consult, she spent time with me showing me samples of flowers and gave the perfect amount of input. After our initial meeting, she also ordered flowers that I had wanted and had me come in to view sample centerpieces and bouquets. Seeing the flowers in person made such a difference for me as I ended up choosing to omit some flowers that I had originally wanted. Peggy was very patient with me and was willing to change and rearrange the flowers until we got everything perfect. On the wedding day, the flowers were just that. Perfect! Riverhead Flower Shop did an amazing job and I would highly recommend!

Sent on 07/20/2013

Riverhead Flower Shop's reply:

Thank you so much for your review and for chosing Riverhead Flower Shop!!

Caitlin · Married on 10/28/2017

4.2
      2.5

Going into my florist interviews I had a very clear vision as to what I wanted for the ceremony and the reception. In almost all of the interviews it didn't seem like the florist understood that vision. The only exception was Peggy--she went as far as to go in the back of the shop and make a mock bridal bouquet and it was perfect. She totally understood what I wanted and had the utmost confidence that she could bring it to life.

On the big day, I had a ceremony arch, bouquets/boutonnieres for the bridal party/family, and tall centerpieces for the reception made by Riverhead Flower Shop. Everything came out beautiful!! I received several compliments from people about just how stunning everything turned out and overall I was very happy.

There are only two minor complaints that I have. The first is that since Peggy primarily does the bookings for weddings, so if she isn't in the shop you have to rely on either email or another person to relay the message to her. This isn't always done in timely manner as I had to make a change a few months prior to the ceremony and it took weeks to get a hold of Peggy after numerous calls and emails. It all worked out, all is well that ends well, but I can see where this could be problematic. My second minor complaint is that I had given a picture of what I wanted in the bridal bouquet and the centerpieces with the instruction to add ivy as a draping effect. This was because my parents had ivy in their wedding and it was a way to incorporate a piece of them in my ceremony as well. When I met with Peggy she said that wouldn't be a problem and had even included ivy in the mock bridal bouquet. On the big day, the bouquets and centerpieces were exactly like the pictures...meaning there was no ivy. It was a small thing--literally the only person to notice it was me, but it was a little disappointing.

Overall they did a great job and were a huge contributing factor to my gorgeous wedding!

Riverhead Flower Shop 25