15 Reviews for Riverhead Flower Shop

Flower Petals (3)
Aisle Decor (2)
Clean Up (1)
15 Riverhead Flower Shop Reviews

Peggy is beyond amazing! She took my vision of what I wanted my flowers to look like and blew it out of the park! I was so overwhelmed with how beautiful everything came out! The whole staff there is wonderful so helpful and really just the best!! You will not be disappointed!!!

Profile Picture Kasey , 8/3/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Peggy at Riverhead Flower Shop was an absolute pleasure to work with! I know nothing about flowers, I can name about 5 types, and other flower shops left me feeling foolish for not knowing exactly what I was asking for - but not here. I showed her a few Pinterest photos of bouquets that I liked, and she quickly understood the look I was going for and even went into the back to mock up a sample bouquet and bridesmaids bouquets for me. I explained my idea for centerpieces to her as well and she gave us some great suggestions on how to make them look even better. The day of our wedding all of our bouquets and boutonnieres arrived on time and looked more beautiful than I could have imagined! I would highly recommend Peggy and Riverhead Flower Shop!

Profile Picture Kerri, 6/9/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, Set Up, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages

We used Riverhead Flower Shop for our wedding (4/27/18). They did an incredible job. The bouquets and our centerpieces were gorgeous. Neither of us are big on flowers, but our jaws were on the ground when we saw everything. Peggy was very professional and a pleasure to work with. She was very accommodating and dealt with us changing our minds 3 times during the engagement. We definitely recommend them!

Thank you again for making our wedding day beautiful!

Megan & Lawrence

Profile Picture Lawrence, 4/27/18, 9 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Single Flowers, Delivery, Set Up

Peggy and her staff did a wonderful job on short notice with our wedding arrangements. The initial consultation was professional and very helpful in assisting us to determine what we needed and where. Peggy was creative and followed my desired color scheme perfectly. The flowers in every arrangement were beautiful. I especially loved my bouquet! On our wedding day everything was delivered on time and set up perfectly. Thank you to Riverhead Flower Shop for coming through for us. We highly recommend their services.

Photos
Profile Picture Linda, 11/5/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Single Flowers
4.3

Going into my florist interviews I had a very clear vision as to what I wanted for the ceremony and the reception. In almost all of the interviews it didn't seem like the florist understood that vision. The only exception was Peggy--she went as far as to go in the back of the shop and make a mock bridal bouquet and it was perfect. She totally understood what I wanted and had the utmost confidence that she could bring it to life.

On the big day, I had a ceremony arch, bouquets/boutonnieres for the bridal party/family, and tall centerpieces for the reception made by Riverhead Flower Shop. Everything came out beautiful!! I received several compliments from people about just how stunning everything turned out and overall I was very happy.

There are only two minor complaints that I have. The first is that since Peggy primarily does the bookings for weddings, so if she isn't in the shop you have to rely on either email or another person to relay the message to her. This isn't always done in timely manner as I had to make a change a few months prior to the ceremony and it took weeks to get a hold of Peggy after numerous calls and emails. It all worked out, all is well that ends well, but I can see where this could be problematic. My second minor complaint is that I had given a picture of what I wanted in the bridal bouquet and the centerpieces with the instruction to add ivy as a draping effect. This was because my parents had ivy in their wedding and it was a way to incorporate a piece of them in my ceremony as well. When I met with Peggy she said that wouldn't be a problem and had even included ivy in the mock bridal bouquet. On the big day, the bouquets and centerpieces were exactly like the pictures...meaning there was no ivy. It was a small thing--literally the only person to notice it was me, but it was a little disappointing.

Overall they did a great job and were a huge contributing factor to my gorgeous wedding!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 10/28/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, Set Up, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages

We hired the Riverhead Flower Shop for our wedding this past summer and could not be happier with the outcome. Peggy and her team helped us come up with an affordable and elegant arrangement, which they executed beautifully!

Profile Picture Amalia, 7/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Single Flowers

I would definitely recommend the Riverhead Flower Shop. Peggy was extremely easy to work with and very helpful when I wasn't really sure what I wanted. Our venue was Martha Clara Vineyard, and Peggy made the suggestion that I should go with taller centerpeices to fill the room with such high ceilings. She was 100% right !! When I expressed that cost was a concern she was very flexible in helping me choose cost effective flowers while still getting the wow factor I had wanted. We loved working with great people during our wedding and thats exactly what you will get at RFS !!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Single Flowers, Delivery

This flower shop is great. I went in one day clueless as to what type of flowers to get for my wedding and Peggy put a beautiful arrangement together for me in no time that worked out great with my theme (beach) and color scheme (coral and navy). I requested bouquets with starfish on burlap because I was having a beach themed wedding at the aquarium nearby. Everything was great the flowers came out gorgeous my only complaint would be that all of the guys boutineers were falling off all night so the bridal attendtant was constantly sewing them back on to their tuxes- and we had a lot of groomsman, 11 plus ring bearers and fathers of the bride and groom. The customer service prior to booking and the flower arrival time was great here.

Profile Picture melanie, 3/3/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals

Peggy was a joy to work with, her professional demeanor and knowledge of flowers made the process super easy. She didn't try to sell me on things I didn't want but stuck to designing beautifully arranged center pieces and bouquets! Plus the budget was never an issue, she stuck to it and worked with me on saving a few extra dollars. The flowers arrived fresh and gorgeous day of!

Profile Picture Kerri, 12/17/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Peggy and Danielle were absolutely amazing and catered to our every need. Our flowers couldn't have been any more beautiful! We highly recommend them for all of your floral needs.

Profile Picture Michelle, 10/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

My wedding took place at Sparkling Pointe Vineyard in Southold & being from Western Nassau, I knew I had to use a Florist closer to the venue for several reasons. I was hesitant being in the hospitality industry & knowing many Florists that I wanted to use. However, from my first contact with Peggy at Riverhead Flower Shop, I had a great feeling. During our initial appointment, she put together my ideal bouquet, the bridesmaid bouquets & the centerpieces. This is a huge deal as most shops would never do this w/o a deposit at least! For them to allow you to leave your decision open, made me believe, what I saw that day was for sure going to be even more stunning on my wedding day. Wasting their inventory w/o your guarantee proved to me their confidence of what they can do for me. Peggy took my vision & made it into something even more beautiful. The day of the wedding, upon delivery I was not completely pleased with my bouquet or my groom's boutonniere. The delivery girl, spoke with Peggy & within 40 mins, I had my loose bouquet exactly how I wanted it, & the groom's boutonniere a bit smaller, both were perfect to say the least. Arriving at the venue & seeing the centerpieces for the first time- the perfection & flawlessness brought tears to my eyes. I went to see Peggy with my ideal centerpieces which were incredibly over my budget, with Peggy's guidance & expertise she showed us options to create the same look for half the price.. I wish I can post pics because everything was just perfect!
Additionally they are not open on Sundays or at least in the summer, but because we lived so far away, Sundays were much easier for us to go out there. Peggy opened up for us if we were coming out there so we can leave additional money, etc. The only reason I took 1/2 a star away is because there were 2 times she did not respond to my emails & I had to reach out to her again. It was not a big deal, but I work with brides daily & timely responses are #1!

Profile Picture Corinne, 10/7/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I was an out of town bride and Peggy was very open to sending a contract through email and phone. I sent her pictures of what I wanted through email and she made the bouquets beautiful. She actually made the bouquets much bigger than I expected. The bouquets were gorgeous! The payments were also split into three installments which made it helpful in managing my budget. I also thought last minute I wanted a floral piece for the alter (prior to learning that floral pieces are not allowed on alters) and Peggy was responsive and ready to provide me what I wanted for the budget I set. Riverhead flower shop also delivered from Riverhead to East Hampton for our ceremony.

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery

I can't thank Lauren and Peggy enough for being so accommodating and professional. A week before my wedding I decided it was time to look into a bouquet. I live in Manhattan, which is 2 hours away and I couldn't make a special trip to meet with them for a consult.

I sent Lauren pictures via email so she got an idea of what I was looking for. I had a scheduled visit with my wedding venue across the street on a Sunday the week before the wedding. Lauren accommodated me and opened up the shop even though they are closed Sunday. My order was nothing big yet they treated me with respect and went above and beyond to accommodate my schedule.

When I came in with my husband, Lauren was fantastic. She put together a sample bouquet on the spot so I could get an idea of what it would look like. She was so amazing I decided to also order boutonnières and corsages. One of the boutonnière I wanted made was for a 8 month old and Lauren nailed it! For my nieces I wanted them to have flowers to match my bouquet but since they are young girls Lauren suggested hair pieces which also came out great.

If I haven't stressed it enough...all this was done the week before and they delivered the flowers to my hotel room!

I can't thank y'all enough!

Profile Picture User3977434, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

My flowers turned out beautifully! Peggy knew exactly what I wanted and they turned out even better than I could have ever imagined! I was so happy with everything and will definitely be recommending Riverhead Flower Shop to my friends!

Profile Picture Amanda, 11/8/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Peggy at Riverhead Flower Shop was fantastic during the whole process of planning flowers for my wedding. During our initial consult, she spent time with me showing me samples of flowers and gave the perfect amount of input. After our initial meeting, she also ordered flowers that I had wanted and had me come in to view sample centerpieces and bouquets. Seeing the flowers in person made such a difference for me as I ended up choosing to omit some flowers that I had originally wanted. Peggy was very patient with me and was willing to change and rearrange the flowers until we got everything perfect. On the wedding day, the flowers were just that. Perfect! Riverhead Flower Shop did an amazing job and I would highly recommend!

Profile Picture User2742093, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews