Riverdale Manor Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Samantha
    Samantha B. Married on 11/14/2021

Amazing Venue

From the very beginning, we were treated like royalty. Monica gave us our first tour and we fell in love with the grounds. She was then our point of contact from there forward, making the planning process so easy.

We were able to drop everything off the day before, which made life a lot easier. All we did was provide pictures and the staff put up all the decorations, exactly as we had imagined and sometimes better than we ever could have thought.

The caterer with the venue (Thyme & Seasons) was excellent. Accommodating staff topped off the night! The bartenders knew everyone's drink orders by the end of the night and kept them hydrated. The assistants helped pack everything up and got everything into our cars so we never had to be worried about a thing.
  • Michelle
    Michelle S. Married on 10/24/2021

Beautiful, Romantic, Fairytale Location

Everybody says to prepare for something to go wrong at your wedding, but truly nothing did. Melanie responded to tons and tons of emails and many changes beforehand. And when the day came, she ran everything like a well-oiled machine

The venue itself is gorgeous. The wedding was over a month ago, and people are still complimenting its perfection for our romantic fall wedding. I was going for fairytale forest with lots of different jewel tone colors, and it was perfect without feeling like a basic barn or a stuffy castle. Pictures attached.

Note: The pricing is itemized, down to every napkin. To some, this is a minus because it’s a lot more work for the client. To me, it was a plus because we weren’t stuck with a pre-made package and could custom-tailor every detail and make it fit our budget.

Otherwise I'll let the pictures speak for themselves :) (photos by Jackie Pochadt and Austin Gill)
  • Alexis
    Alexis S. Married on 10/23/2021

Above & Beyond in Every Detail

Wow, we cannot say enough great things about Riverdale Manor!! This was the first and only venue we needed to see and it was so perfect for us from day one.

We got the pleasure of working with Melanie - who consistently went above and beyond to be the most responsive throughout the entire process. From making sure we had enough food, to helping with decorations, and everything in between - we truly couldn’t have done it without all of her knowledge, recommendations and attention to detail!

For the wedding day, Melanie kept everything running smoothly and ahead of schedule! Every single detail was perfect and everything went according to plan without a single hiccup - which is unheard of!

There isn’t enough praise to say about Melanie and the staff at RM - we are truly grateful we got to meet and work with everyone for our special day!

Everyone is still talking about how beautiful of a venue it is, how nice and helpful the entire staff was, and THE FOOOD - WOW SO DELICIOUS. Everyone was obsessed with the slider bar, crab cake bites, and mini margarita pizzas to name a few!

RM will always hold a special place in our hearts ♥️ Thank you for making our wedding day more than we ever could have imagined!

We can’t recommend RM enough!
    Stephanie Married on 10/15/2021

Gorgeous unique venue!

Out of all the venues we looked at, nowhere came even close to Riverdale Manor! This venue is a "hidden" gem with a unique variety of indoor/outdoor spaces. They offer catering with pretty much ANYTHING you could imagine (mashed potato bar in martini glasses?!? yep.) with options to fit every budget -- and everything was absolutely delicious! Our wedding coordinator, Melanie, was INCREDIBLE and made sure everything went seamlessly throughout the planning process and wedding day. We received so many compliments on our wedding day about the venue -- and still are a month later!
    Megan K. Married on 09/06/2021

Absolutely lovely venue!

We got married on 09/06/2021, and we honestly could not have picked a better place! Our coordinator, Melanie, was a rockstar from the second we toured the venue to the end of our reception. We didn’t have to worry about a thing! She was organized, professional, and very accommodating of our requests. She kept all of our vendors on the same page and ensured that everything ran smoothly during the event. She set up decorations, saved us from a last-minute table number mishap, and checked on us during the event to make sure that we were okay! Additionally, the day-of assistant, Sierra, was incredibly friendly and professional.
    The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous and the grounds are incredibly well kept, right to the bridal/groom suites. The food was delicious and the staff was so polite. We can’t say enough good things about this venue. They offer so much!
    Casey B. Married on 06/25/2021

Best venue for your best day

Riverdale was the best choice for us. The layout of the venue is great for guests to go wherever they want to go (hang in the ballroom, dance in the pavilion, play backyard games). Our guests loved the venue. Melanie and the crew were absolutely awesome helping us with everything. The crew even helped pack our stuff at the end of the night. I highly recommend Riverdale Manor for your special day.
    Stacey M. Married on 06/07/2021

Beautiful Wedding Venue

Even in the midst of COVID-19 crisis, the Riverdale Manor was supportive, accommodating and encouraging throughout the planning process. The staff was outstanding, the food is fabulous - definitely not the rubber chicken of other venues. The new pavilion was perfect for the cocktail reception and surroundings made for a one stop venue to host our Daughter's wedding. So many of our guests commented on how beautiful the venue, fabulous the food and first class the staff. Monica Wagner and her team did a fabulous job in supporting the day, enabling all of us to focus on the celebration and enjoy every moment. I would highly recommend this venue for any occasion / celebration.
  • Laura
    Laura H. Married on 05/15/2021

Dream Come True!!

Where to even begin? Riverdale Manor is utter perfection. Period. The second I stepped foot on the grounds, I knew it was meant to be our wedding venue. It's breathtakingly beautiful everywhere you look and at every time of day. The outdoor and indoor options are both to die for, which eases a lot of stress when talking about Plan B options if your first choice is to have your ceremony outdoors. The land has an endless amount of great photo spots that will give your photographers and videographers all kinds of fun things to work with. But those are all the highlights you'll learn very quickly after you visit. Let me tell you about some of the things you won't know until during or after your big day...

1) You and your guests will be OBSESSED with the food! You'll get a tiny hint of that at your tasting, but you will be blown away by how delicious every single thing is the day of. I wish I could have their halibut, bacon-wrapped shrimp and cake every day!

2) The staff are exceptional at what they do, and they are so sweet to your guests. (Danny in particular was amazing and so helpful!)

3) Every single detail you plan will be perfect. Be sure to soak it in!

4) Your coordinator will make sure your vendors have and know everything they need to to ensure your day is perfect.

Maureen was our wedding coordinator, and I can't rave enough about her. She's incredibly detail-oriented and the most amazing thought partner. She'll not only bring your vision to life, but she'll help you refine it along the way. And the day of, she's handling it all so you can just be present and enjoy the day you worked so hard to create. We are BEYOND grateful for Maureen and her expertise -- if you have the honor of working with her, you truly have the best in the business (though I have no doubt every coordinator here is exceptional). Our day wouldn't have been the dream that it was without her.

Riverdale will always hold the most special place in our hearts. We know you will love it endlessly, too!
    Melanie P. Married on 12/19/2020

Amazing Experience!

I got married here back in December and our day turned out just as we imagined! We worked with Sierra and she was so professional and helped us capture the vision we dreamed of. She set up all our decor and stayed on top of our timeline to keep us organized throughout the day. Dani was her assistant and he was so helpful throughout the day with everything we needed. Also, the food was incredible! Thyme & Seasons Catering has the best chefs! We were so lucky to have snow on our wedding day and very happy we decided to hold our wedding at Riverdale! For anyone looking for an amazing experience, we highly recommend!!
    Catherine M. Married on 12/06/2020

Wonderful!!

I have absolutely no regrets about choosing Riverdale for my wedding. Its so beautiful,, fist off,, and it was spacious enough for COVID safety. Monica, a wedding coordinator there, was flexible, friendly and always willing to help me with any questions and to give suggestions. The wedding went so smoothly, and she worked with our DJ and Phographer to make sure everything happened on time, and they qork8like a well oiled machine. I would HIGHLY recommend Riverdale Manor for your wedding.
    Roxanne B. Married on 12/04/2020

Gorgeous venue -- excellent service

I can't say enough good things about Riverdale Manor. The venue is stunning and the food absolutely delicious. The staff and owner Maureen and wedding planner Monica went out of their way to make sure the wedding day went off without a hitch. It's always the small things though-- like an heirloom cake server we brought and thought we forgot to bring home but found later that it was carefully wrapped up by the staff in our bundle of things we brought home -- or a bartender that saw the MOB waiting in line and jumped out to serve her specially that sets one place above another. Dani who helped orchestrate the staff and the day was so professional and kind. It is clear that Riverdale knows how to make sure the day is very special and runs smoothly. I would not hesitate to recommend this venue for anyone who is hoping to have a stress free day and beautiful wedding.
  • Cassie
    Cassie P. Married on 11/07/2020

Excellent!

Melanie was knowledgeable, prompt, and so friendly! Thoroughly enjoyed meeting with her and learning about Riverdale as a venue.
  • Casey
    Casey F. Married on 07/04/2020

So nice and rustic

I was the brides maid in a wedding here a year ago and it. Was so pretty on that summer day down by the river. Everything was so nice it made a wonderful spot for photos.
    Rosmery R. Married on 02/01/2020

Best Venue in Lancaster hands down

All my guests won't stop raving about how beautiful this venue was, how delicious the meal was and how professional the staff was and treated all the guests. I am do happy we found this venue, Melanie was great to work with, always a swered all my questions quickly and she made sure everything was exactly as I wanted it.
    I would recommend them to anyone, this is hands down one of the best venues I'm Lancaster city, pa.
  • Melissa
    Melissa E. Married on 01/18/2020

Perfect Winter Wedding at the Perfect Venue!

Riverdale Manor was the perfect location for our picture perfect snowy winter wedding day! Our ceremony and reception were both held on the grounds and both were equally as beautiful. We worked with Melanie as our coordinator, who was extremely responsive in planning and answering any and all questions in the year leading up to our event and was instrumental in making the day seamless and stress free. We had so many compliments on the venue, service, and food. My husband and I went in with the expectation that not everything would go as we had planned on our big day, but our wedding day was absolutely perfect and we couldn't have asked for anything to be better or different. I look back on our big day with so much happiness and I hope that every bride gets to experience her wedding day the same way that I did at Riverdale Manor.
  • Abigail
    Abigail Married on 11/02/2019

Amazing Wedding Venue!!

Booking our wedding venue was by far our most difficult choice. When we first saw Riverdale Manor in person, we just fell in love. Riverdale's property is gorgeous. One thing that was important to us was having a beautiful back up plan in case it rained, and Riverdale offered a beautiful pavilion. The staff are wonderful individuals and strong in their communication skills and friendliness. They assist you in wedding planning down to the last detail. Our day went so smoothly thanks to the staff. We had carving stations as our reception food, and many individual complimented how much they loved our food as well as the property. I still look back on our wedding photos and am just in awe at how gorgeous of a place Riverdale is. I am beyond grateful we booked them for our wedding! Our wedding was in early November. I've included some photos of the property for that time of year. :)
  • Katelynn
    Katelynn Married on 10/11/2019

Dream Wedding Venue

When my husband and I got engaged, right away we started researching venues. Riverdale was not on my list but we had numerous friends who suggested we check this place out. So glad we did! After leaving from our tour of Riverdale, my husband and I looked at one another and knew we had found our venue.
    To start, Riverdale is absolutely stunning. The grounds are beautiful and well kept. The farmhouse, ballroom and gazebo are the perfect combination of elegant and rustic. Another major reason we picked Riverdale was because of our “plan B”. We both wanted an outdoor wedding. Other venues we looked at did not really have a rain plan or if they did it wasn’t a very good one. At Riverdale that’s not the case at all. If you can’t get married on the grounds due to the weather, the gazebo is a perfect back up plan!!
    Monica was our coordinator during the whole process. I cannot say enough great things about her!! She was absolutely amazing to work with. She kept up on track with planning everything. She answered all our questions (even the annoying ones) and was always so great at responding quickly. Thanks to Monica I was not stressed at all leading up to wedding. I knew she would help make sure everything ran smoothly.
    Finally, our wedding day was a dream come true. Monica made sure everything stayed on course and on time which is such a relief. My husband and I were able to just enjoy ourselves all day/night. The food was seriously DELICIOUS (we still have guests telling us how great our food was). Everything was perfect!
    Honestly, Riverdale is one of a kind. If we could do it all over again we would choose this venue in a heartbeat!! We could never thank Monica and the staff enough for making our wedding so perfect!
    Stacey Married on 06/09/2019

Best Day Ever!

We were just married at Riverdale in June. The day was truly perfect!! It exceeded all of our expectations. Several guests told us it was the best wedding they have ever attended. Everyone loved the food and commented on how professional and courteous the staff was. We worked with wedding planner Monica and are so thankful. She responded promptly throughout the entire wedding planning process and was extremely knowledgeable and fun to work with. We were able to enjoy our day stress free knowing that she was taking care of everything. We had a blast at our wedding and would do it all over again if we could.
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 06/07/2019

Out Dream Venue

Mu husband & I feel completely in love with this venue at 1st sight. Melanie was amazing! She made sure everything ran perfectly. The wedding was outside by the river and was stunning. The reception looked incredible and we did a lot ourselves so Melanie was fantastic helping to put last minute touches on things. The venue was the perfect size for our 140 guest list. Our guests raved about how gorgeous the reception hall and the grounds were, but also about how amazing all the food was. It was the most wonderful day and I couldn’t recommend them enough!
  • Karla
    Karla Married on 05/27/2019

Loved! Beautiful place and Amazing Staff!

Beautiful Place with helpful and amazing staff. Made our day just more memorable. Melanie Helped us through the whole process, she was wonderful to work with, professional, attentive, helped us with every detail you can think of. There were many things we hadn't even planned as we were new to this like every other couple getting married for the first time. Melanie kept us on schedule through out the whole wedding. Riverdale manor has the Best food, it was delicious and filling, the staff packed us food to go which was a plus because during the wedding we barely ate. All of our guest were amazed with the venue and their catering, to this day I still get great comments about it. Couldn't agree more. I would look into booking them!
  • Nicole
    Nicole Married on 04/19/2019

A Perfect Wedding Venue

Riverdale Manor gave me the wedding of my dreams. They were extremely affordable and handled all the details of our wedding from start to finish. Monica was a pleasure to work with, the food was epic, and the day flowed without any issues despite the rainy weather. I never wanted to leave.
    Cristina Married on 04/14/2019

Perfect Wedding Venue!!

My husband and I got married there in April, and Riverdale Manor exceeded our expectation in every way! Monica was our wedding coordinator and she did an excellent job in keeping constant communication with us during the planning process and throughout the wedding day. She was very organized and ensured that every detail was taken care of, which I greatly appreciated. She assisted with the pre-wedding setup and the guest raved about how beautiful the entire venue looked. I gave her a vision and she brought it to life. I could not thank her enough! The venue itself was breathtaking! I was hoping to use the outdoor grounds for the ceremony, unfortunately the grounds were wet from the day before, and they were unable to set up on the lawn. As such, we had to use the pavilion. The pavilion was beautiful and it created a very intimate ceremony. The overall ambiance of the venue was breathtaking and we received so many compliments. The food was also delicious and a good serving size. The staff and bartenders were all extremely professional and kind to our guest. I would highly recommend this venue!! It was perfect!
    Serena Married on 04/13/2019

Riverdale Manor

I was married here one week ago and it was incredible. Monica was our wedding coordinator and did a great job of keeping the day running smoothly. We had all the appetizers we wanted and she made sure the whole day was on schedule. Her kind and relaxed nature helped both James and I feel at ease as well. Gorgeous venue too- with lots of outdoor space and gardens and a beautiful ballroom that simply doesn’t need much decorating with the natural light seeping through. The food was spectacular, the bartenders and staff kind. We loved our day and it would not have been made possible without this wonderful venue. I would recommend this to others, especially if you want your day to be gorgeous and fun. Thank you Riverdale Manor!
  • Erin
    Erin Married on 03/01/2019

Gorgeous Venue, Fabulous Staff!

Our March 1st, 2019 wedding at Riverdale Manor could not have been better! Monica worked with us for the past two years to make our vision come true. We loved how gorgeous the grounds were in all types of weather. It being early March we wanted a venue that could handle, sun, rain, or snow. It snowed the morning of our venue and the snow with all of the lighting was just gorgeous. We received so many compliments on the food, decor, and overall ambiance of the venue. We chose our photographers (Tony Gibble), transportation (Schultz), and officiant (Rev. Theresa) from their preferred vendors list and we loved each of them!! Our whole day was completely stress free all thanks to the staff at Riverdale Manor, Monica, and the amazing vendors they recommended!!
  • tarra
    Tarra Married on 12/01/2018

Perfect Wedding Venue!!!

The first wedding decision we made a year and a half ago was choosing our venue, Riverdale Manor. We worked with Monica from the moment I inquired about the venue 2 years ago, to our wedding day this past Saturday. Monica was an abolute pleasure to work with!! she was always patient with my many emails with questions and my detailed outlines/timelines. She knew our vision and was able to set-up the perfect Ceremony & Reception spaces we oculd have ever dreamed of. Our wedding was perfect from start to finsih. The venue alone is simply stunning (they decorate with greenery for the Holidays!) and their staff is FANTASTIC! We were so lucky to work with a venue and staff that did SO much for us, and all of their couples. They get the linens, handle all the food, set-up all your supplies day of, have gorgeous bridal suites, pack everything up at the end of the night, and are there to make sure the day is as perfect as it can be. I have never worked with a site that was so organized until working with Riverdale. Monica is the greatest ever and working with her and her assistant Julie was so lovely. They never made me feel rushed or like a burden. They were there to make sure everything flowed nicely. They also pack all your supplies up at the end of the night AND give you leftovers!! This was so so exciting for me and my husband because we hardly had a moment to eat, so having leftovers, our cake, and desserts, was so special for us. If you are thinking about Riverdale, I suggest choosing them! They're the best in the business!