Riverdale Manor Reviews

205 | Lancaster, PA

205 Reviews for Riverdale Manor

Stacey Miller · Getting married on 06/07/2021

Beautiful Wedding Venue

Even in the midst of COVID-19 crisis, the Riverdale Manor was supportive, accommodating and encouraging throughout the planning process. The staff was outstanding, the food is fabulous - definitely not the rubber chicken of other venues. The new pavilion was perfect for the cocktail reception and surroundings made for a one stop venue to host our Daughter's wedding. So many of our guests commented on how beautiful the venue, fabulous the food and first class the staff. Monica Wagner and her team did a fabulous job in supporting the day, enabling all of us to focus on the celebration and enjoy every moment. I would highly recommend this venue for any occasion / celebration.

Sent on 07/29/2020

Catherine Mullen · Married on 12/06/2020

Wonderful!!

I have absolutely no regrets about choosing Riverdale for my wedding. Its so beautiful,, fist off,, and it was spacious enough for COVID safety. Monica, a wedding coordinator there, was flexible, friendly and always willing to help me with any questions and to give suggestions. The wedding went so smoothly, and she worked with our DJ and Phographer to make sure everything happened on time, and they qork8like a well oiled machine. I would HIGHLY recommend Riverdale Manor for your wedding.

Sent on 12/07/2020

Roxanne Boilinger · Married on 12/04/2020

Gorgeous venue -- excellent service

I can't say enough good things about Riverdale Manor. The venue is stunning and the food absolutely delicious. The staff and owner Maureen and wedding planner Monica went out of their way to make sure the wedding day went off without a hitch. It's always the small things though-- like an heirloom cake server we brought and thought we forgot to bring home but found later that it was carefully wrapped up by the staff in our bundle of things we brought home -- or a bartender that saw the MOB waiting in line and jumped out to serve her specially that sets one place above another. Dani who helped orchestrate the staff and the day was so professional and kind. It is clear that Riverdale knows how to make sure the day is very special and runs smoothly. I would not hesitate to recommend this venue for anyone who is hoping to have a stress free day and beautiful wedding.

Sent on 04/24/2019
  • Cassie

Cassie Passarella · Married on 11/07/2020

Excellent!

Melanie was knowledgeable, prompt, and so friendly! Thoroughly enjoyed meeting with her and learning about Riverdale as a venue.

Sent on 01/25/2019
  • Casey

casey furhman · Married on 07/04/2020

So nice and rustic

I was the brides maid in a wedding here a year ago and it. Was so pretty on that summer day down by the river. Everything was so nice it made a wonderful spot for photos.

Sent on 01/27/2020

Rosmery Rodriguez · Married on 02/01/2020

Best Venue in Lancaster hands down

All my guests won't stop raving about how beautiful this venue was, how delicious the meal was and how professional the staff was and treated all the guests. I am do happy we found this venue, Melanie was great to work with, always a swered all my questions quickly and she made sure everything was exactly as I wanted it.
    I would recommend them to anyone, this is hands down one of the best venues I'm Lancaster city, pa.

Sent on 02/04/2020
  • Melissa

Melissa Eberhard · Married on 01/18/2020

Perfect Winter Wedding at the Perfect Venue!

Riverdale Manor was the perfect location for our picture perfect snowy winter wedding day! Our ceremony and reception were both held on the grounds and both were equally as beautiful. We worked with Melanie as our coordinator, who was extremely responsive in planning and answering any and all questions in the year leading up to our event and was instrumental in making the day seamless and stress free. We had so many compliments on the venue, service, and food. My husband and I went in with the expectation that not everything would go as we had planned on our big day, but our wedding day was absolutely perfect and we couldn't have asked for anything to be better or different. I look back on our big day with so much happiness and I hope that every bride gets to experience her wedding day the same way that I did at Riverdale Manor.

Sent on 07/20/2020
  • Abigail

Abigail · Married on 11/02/2019

Amazing Wedding Venue!!

Booking our wedding venue was by far our most difficult choice. When we first saw Riverdale Manor in person, we just fell in love. Riverdale's property is gorgeous. One thing that was important to us was having a beautiful back up plan in case it rained, and Riverdale offered a beautiful pavilion. The staff are wonderful individuals and strong in their communication skills and friendliness. They assist you in wedding planning down to the last detail. Our day went so smoothly thanks to the staff. We had carving stations as our reception food, and many individual complimented how much they loved our food as well as the property. I still look back on our wedding photos and am just in awe at how gorgeous of a place Riverdale is. I am beyond grateful we booked them for our wedding! Our wedding was in early November. I've included some photos of the property for that time of year. :)

Sent on 02/14/2020
  • Katelynn

Katelynn · Married on 10/11/2019

Dream Wedding Venue

When my husband and I got engaged, right away we started researching venues. Riverdale was not on my list but we had numerous friends who suggested we check this place out. So glad we did! After leaving from our tour of Riverdale, my husband and I looked at one another and knew we had found our venue.
    To start, Riverdale is absolutely stunning. The grounds are beautiful and well kept. The farmhouse, ballroom and gazebo are the perfect combination of elegant and rustic. Another major reason we picked Riverdale was because of our “plan B”. We both wanted an outdoor wedding. Other venues we looked at did not really have a rain plan or if they did it wasn’t a very good one. At Riverdale that’s not the case at all. If you can’t get married on the grounds due to the weather, the gazebo is a perfect back up plan!!
    Monica was our coordinator during the whole process. I cannot say enough great things about her!! She was absolutely amazing to work with. She kept up on track with planning everything. She answered all our questions (even the annoying ones) and was always so great at responding quickly. Thanks to Monica I was not stressed at all leading up to wedding. I knew she would help make sure everything ran smoothly.
    Finally, our wedding day was a dream come true. Monica made sure everything stayed on course and on time which is such a relief. My husband and I were able to just enjoy ourselves all day/night. The food was seriously DELICIOUS (we still have guests telling us how great our food was). Everything was perfect!
    Honestly, Riverdale is one of a kind. If we could do it all over again we would choose this venue in a heartbeat!! We could never thank Monica and the staff enough for making our wedding so perfect!

Sent on 11/11/2019

Stacey · Married on 06/09/2019

Best Day Ever!

We were just married at Riverdale in June. The day was truly perfect!! It exceeded all of our expectations. Several guests told us it was the best wedding they have ever attended. Everyone loved the food and commented on how professional and courteous the staff was. We worked with wedding planner Monica and are so thankful. She responded promptly throughout the entire wedding planning process and was extremely knowledgeable and fun to work with. We were able to enjoy our day stress free knowing that she was taking care of everything. We had a blast at our wedding and would do it all over again if we could.

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 06/07/2019

Out Dream Venue

Mu husband & I feel completely in love with this venue at 1st sight. Melanie was amazing! She made sure everything ran perfectly. The wedding was outside by the river and was stunning. The reception looked incredible and we did a lot ourselves so Melanie was fantastic helping to put last minute touches on things. The venue was the perfect size for our 140 guest list. Our guests raved about how gorgeous the reception hall and the grounds were, but also about how amazing all the food was. It was the most wonderful day and I couldn’t recommend them enough!

Sent on 09/03/2019
  • Karla

Karla · Married on 05/27/2019

Loved! Beautiful place and Amazing Staff!

Beautiful Place with helpful and amazing staff. Made our day just more memorable. Melanie Helped us through the whole process, she was wonderful to work with, professional, attentive, helped us with every detail you can think of. There were many things we hadn't even planned as we were new to this like every other couple getting married for the first time. Melanie kept us on schedule through out the whole wedding. Riverdale manor has the Best food, it was delicious and filling, the staff packed us food to go which was a plus because during the wedding we barely ate. All of our guest were amazed with the venue and their catering, to this day I still get great comments about it. Couldn't agree more. I would look into booking them!

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 04/19/2019

A Perfect Wedding Venue

Riverdale Manor gave me the wedding of my dreams. They were extremely affordable and handled all the details of our wedding from start to finish. Monica was a pleasure to work with, the food was epic, and the day flowed without any issues despite the rainy weather. I never wanted to leave.

Sent on 05/18/2019

Cristina P · Married on 04/14/2019

Perfect Wedding Venue!!

My husband and I got married there in April, and Riverdale Manor exceeded our expectation in every way! Monica was our wedding coordinator and she did an excellent job in keeping constant communication with us during the planning process and throughout the wedding day. She was very organized and ensured that every detail was taken care of, which I greatly appreciated. She assisted with the pre-wedding setup and the guest raved about how beautiful the entire venue looked. I gave her a vision and she brought it to life. I could not thank her enough! The venue itself was breathtaking! I was hoping to use the outdoor grounds for the ceremony, unfortunately the grounds were wet from the day before, and they were unable to set up on the lawn. As such, we had to use the pavilion. The pavilion was beautiful and it created a very intimate ceremony. The overall ambiance of the venue was breathtaking and we received so many compliments. The food was also delicious and a good serving size. The staff and bartenders were all extremely professional and kind to our guest. I would highly recommend this venue!! It was perfect!

Sent on 09/02/2019

Serena · Married on 04/13/2019

Riverdale Manor

I was married here one week ago and it was incredible. Monica was our wedding coordinator and did a great job of keeping the day running smoothly. We had all the appetizers we wanted and she made sure the whole day was on schedule. Her kind and relaxed nature helped both James and I feel at ease as well. Gorgeous venue too- with lots of outdoor space and gardens and a beautiful ballroom that simply doesn’t need much decorating with the natural light seeping through. The food was spectacular, the bartenders and staff kind. We loved our day and it would not have been made possible without this wonderful venue. I would recommend this to others, especially if you want your day to be gorgeous and fun. Thank you Riverdale Manor!

Sent on 04/20/2019
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 03/01/2019

Gorgeous Venue, Fabulous Staff!

Our March 1st, 2019 wedding at Riverdale Manor could not have been better! Monica worked with us for the past two years to make our vision come true. We loved how gorgeous the grounds were in all types of weather. It being early March we wanted a venue that could handle, sun, rain, or snow. It snowed the morning of our venue and the snow with all of the lighting was just gorgeous. We received so many compliments on the food, decor, and overall ambiance of the venue. We chose our photographers (Tony Gibble), transportation (Schultz), and officiant (Rev. Theresa) from their preferred vendors list and we loved each of them!! Our whole day was completely stress free all thanks to the staff at Riverdale Manor, Monica, and the amazing vendors they recommended!!

Sent on 03/03/2019
  • tarra

tarra · Married on 12/01/2018

Perfect Wedding Venue!!!

The first wedding decision we made a year and a half ago was choosing our venue, Riverdale Manor. We worked with Monica from the moment I inquired about the venue 2 years ago, to our wedding day this past Saturday. Monica was an abolute pleasure to work with!! she was always patient with my many emails with questions and my detailed outlines/timelines. She knew our vision and was able to set-up the perfect Ceremony & Reception spaces we oculd have ever dreamed of. Our wedding was perfect from start to finsih. The venue alone is simply stunning (they decorate with greenery for the Holidays!) and their staff is FANTASTIC! We were so lucky to work with a venue and staff that did SO much for us, and all of their couples. They get the linens, handle all the food, set-up all your supplies day of, have gorgeous bridal suites, pack everything up at the end of the night, and are there to make sure the day is as perfect as it can be. I have never worked with a site that was so organized until working with Riverdale. Monica is the greatest ever and working with her and her assistant Julie was so lovely. They never made me feel rushed or like a burden. They were there to make sure everything flowed nicely. They also pack all your supplies up at the end of the night AND give you leftovers!! This was so so exciting for me and my husband because we hardly had a moment to eat, so having leftovers, our cake, and desserts, was so special for us. If you are thinking about Riverdale, I suggest choosing them! They're the best in the business!

Sent on 12/06/2018

a · Married on 11/30/2018

Beautiful venue, helpful staff

We had a wonderful experience with Riverdale Manor and with our coordinator, Melanie. She took care of the numerous big and small details throughout the wedding planning process to ensure that our wedding was a beautiful, enjoyable night for us and our guests. We couldn't believe that everything went so perfectly!

You get a lot for your money at Riverdale Manor, which is not something I can say of the other venues we toured in the Lancaster and Philadelphia areas. While planning, I was all about simplicity, and having catering in-house and a wedding coordinator included in the package made planning much easier on us. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a beautiful, reasonably priced wedding location with great, professional service.

Sent on 12/04/2018
  • Annie

Annie Schuster · Married on 11/16/2018

Absolutely perfect!

Monica, Linda, and the staff at Riverdale are absolutely top notch. I had a wonderful experience with everyone I encountered during the planning process and would not change one thing. I was told by several people how delicious the food was and how beautiful the venue is. Some even compared it to Magnolia, which for this Fixer Upper fan is the ultimate compliment!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Jennifer · Married on 09/07/2018

We are so happy that we chose Riverdale Manor for our wedding venue! At our very first appointment, we knew that we would be in great hands! Monica was an amazing coordinator, and was always there to answer questions or give creative ideas. Due to the forecast, we ended up having our ceremony in the pavilion instead of outside on the grass. The pavilion was perfect, and we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful ceremony spot. . After the ceremony, Monica and staff did such a great job turning the pavilion into our dance floor and bar. Our guests are still raving about the food served at dinner, and we agree that it was delicious! The dessert bar is an absolute must, as well. Thank you, Riverdale Manor, for making our dreams come true!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Nicole · Married on 06/22/2018

Riverdale Manor is a beautiful venue for a wedding! We had a summer wedding and opted to have our ceremony in the pavilion, even though they have a grass area for a ceremony as well. It was the perfect spot for our ceremony and the lights were beautiful. We decided to have the pavilion transitioned to the dance floor and it was a great decision so that the older crowd could stay inside to mingle while the partiers could dance all night long outside. Melanie, our coordinator, was so helpful and promptly answered our concerns/questions. The day went off without any major issues. I wouldn't have had my wedding anywhere else and recommend Riverdale Manor to anyone in the Lancaster area.

Sent on 09/09/2018

Heather · Married on 06/08/2018

My husband and I just got married last week at Riverdale Manor. This venue could not have been more perfect and beautiful. Monica, our coordinator was so awesome and helped alleviate any day of stress we had. She literally did everything! Everything about our day was perfect - the cake and food were delicious, the venue itself, the ease of having someone put all your visions to life, the bride and groom suites, and so much more. We also loved how beautiful the back up option is for the ceremony in case of inclement weather. If I had to go back and do it over, I wouldn't change a thing or our decision to get married here. I can't stop raving about this venue. This place made our day a dream come true. All our wedding guests were complimenting how beautiful it was. I can't speak highly enough about Riverdale Manor!!!!!! Thanks again Monica!!!

Sent on 06/15/2018

Kelly · Married on 05/19/2018

My husband and I got married at Riverdale Manor in May 2018 and we could not possibly be more happy with Riverdale Manor!

We fell in love with Riverdale Manor upon our first visit. There are so many spaces to love - the covered pavilion and breezeway, the indoor hall, the outdoor ceremony space by the river, the patio, and the farmhouse. We also loved Riverdale because it had an indoor ceremony option that we loved just as much (if not more) than the outdoor space!

It had rained the entire week of our wedding, so the ceremony was in the covered pavilion. The space was so beautiful and intimate, the perfect ceremony. We had so many compliments from our guests on how much they loved the ceremony space and how it was unique to any wedding they had previously attended.

Our coordinator, Monica, was so awesome! We worked with her from our very first visit. She was so on top of every little detail. She typically responded to any inquiry within 24 hours. She was there every step of the way to help us plan, and she attended the wedding to make sure everything ran smoothly. She and the Riverdale team also set up the room and put up all decorations so we didn't have to do anything the day of the wedding except enjoy the day!

Strongly recommend Riverdale Manor to everyone!

Sent on 06/15/2018

Katie · Married on 03/24/2018

Riverdale Manor was the perfect choice for our March wedding. The property was so beautiful and we knew we would have great options for our ceremony and reception no matter how the weather turned out. We worked with Maureen and we really appreciated her depth of knowledge: she helped us make the right choices for our vendor team and generally to achieve our vision. Many of our guests commented both on how beautiful the venue is, but also how smoothly the whole evening ran. We had a great experience with Riverdale Manor and Maureen, and we really appreciated how easy she made our wedding planning process!

Sent on 06/04/2018

Hillary · Married on 11/05/2017

Our experience with Riverdale Manor was truly outstanding from start to finish. Katie was our coordinator, and she was absolutely amazing, and so responsive and helpful during the planning process. Everything was perfect - from the food, to the beautiful venue, to the staff, we seriously couldn't be happier with the way everything turned out. Stop searching now and choose Riverdale Manor for your special day, you won't regret it!!

Sent on 11/16/2017