River Stone Manor Reviews

79 | Schenectady, NY

79 Reviews for River Stone Manor

79 River Stone Manor Reviews
  • User4929392 · Recently married

Absolutely perfect wedding. From the bridal party getting ready in the manor house, to the ceremony by the water, on to the cocktail hour in the tent and finishing with the reception in the main dining hall. Beautiful - they made everything just perfect - everyone should be lucky enough to have this for their daughter.

Ashley · Married on 05/26/2018

With our short time frame, River Stone Manor exceeded our expectations. The venue looked so beautiful and the owner was very accommodating. Our wedding went very smoothly and everything was amazing!

Philip · Married on 10/21/2017

The River Stone Manor is truly a hidden gem in the capital region. Some venues may be more popular or well known, and some will definitely charge you more to feel 'elite', but the River Stone Manor is a gorgeous venue with a fantastic staff, and is reasonably priced to boot. My wife and I were married there on October 21st, 2017, and the entire experience with River Stone was nothing short of perfection. Skip, Renee, and the entire staff were there every step of the way to support our wedding - both in the months leading to it as well as during the actual ceremony and reception. If you are planning to have your ceremony at the same venue as the reception, and want an outdoor ceremony, there is no better choice than River Stone. Book soon, before more people discover this hidden gem, and Skip finally realizes he can raise his prices. :)

Elizabeth · Married on 10/07/2017

Having our wedding at the riverstone manor was by far the best decisions my husband and I made while planning our wedding. The planning and coordinating staff were super friendly and helpful. The food was delicious and this waterfront venue is perfect for any wedding theme or style!

River Stone Manor 1
    River Stone Manor 2
    River Stone Manor 3
    River Stone Manor 4
    River Stone Manor 5
    River Stone Manor 6

Stephanie · Married on 10/06/2017

We could not be happier with the way our wedding turned out. Skip and Renee where fantastic to work with. I highly recommend getting married at Riverstone Manor. You wont regret it!

Eileen · Married on 10/01/2017

Everything at Riverstone Manor was perfect for our wedding. The food was fantastic and the staff is very professional. We would highly recommend this venue for a special event.

Riley · Married on 09/30/2017

If you want a stress free, breathtaking ceremony and reception then Riverstone Manor is the place to go! We cannot say enough about Skip, Rena and Maureen. They take care of every little detail so you can fully enjoy your day. (We brought extra decorations, they put them out.) Everything was packed up promptly the next day. The ceremony started on time to the minute! Skip even managed to get a helicopter ride for us, complete with decorated golf cart next door at Octoberfest. We even enjoyed their fireworks! Nothing is too much for the Riverstone staff. Easy to work with, phenomenal food and a friendly and caring staff. We booked the manor house for pre wedding and the terrace tent for cocktail hour. Definitely the way to go! If you want as close to perfect as you can get, book them now!
    Riley & Hayden 9.30.2017

Alexis · Married on 08/26/2017

Skip, Rena, Maureen, and the entire team at River Stone Manor were absolutely amazing to work with and helped ensure a perfect wedding day for us! My bridesmaids and I got ready in the manor house, we had the ceremony on the lawn, the cocktail hour in the terrace tent, and the reception in the ballroom. Everything throughout the entire day ran extremely smoothly and just as planned due to the professionalism and diligence of the entire staff. The whole team was a pleasure to work with every step of the way in the planning process by offering their suggestions, accommodating all of our changes, and delivering everything above and beyond what we could have hoped for! The setting of this venue is gorgeous, the staff is beyond attentive, and the food was absolutely delicious - you can't go wrong here!

Rachel · Married on 08/25/2017

Skip and Renee were so wonderful throughout the planning process and the day of! Skip, the owner, helped us pick a menu that fit our budget and Renee was very responsive to all my emails and questions. The day of every staff member was friendly and smiling and Renee checked on us often at our sweetheart table which was so nice! They also helped us coordinate the sparkler send off. Beautiful grounds and patio during cocktail hour; the ballroom was beautiful with the full wall of windows facing the river. I can't wait to see all the pictures of the day!

Lukas · Married on 08/20/2017

Skip the owner and Rena the manager are wonderful people who will go out of their way to make sure that each event is unique and enjoyable. They made sure that my wife and I were able to enjoy our wedding reception, instead of being stressed about it. We would highly recommend The River Stone manor for all types of events. A+

Meg · Married on 08/19/2017

A wedding at River Stone Manor was a phenomenal experience! Rena and Skip are professional, enthusiastic, and prepared to make sure your day goes according to plan. Wouldn't change a thing about our wedding!

Christine · Married on 08/18/2017

We visited River Stone manor on a recommendation from a friend. As soon as we saw the ceremony space and the outside terrace tent we fell in love. Thankfully when we looked at the costs it was in our budget as well! Meeting with Renee and Skip leading up to the wedding was very helpful. Renee really thought of every detail even when we didn't. Every step of the way we felt like the options were limitless and River Stone was willing to accommodate whatever we desired to make our wedding day perfect.
    River Stone's truly immaculate outside area allowed us to have our entire wedding, ceremony and reception, outside just as we had dreamed. The weather forecast called for a small chance of scattered showers. We discussed a whole contingency plan with River Stone the day before in the event we wanted to move the ceremony and/or the reception inside to the banquet hall. As luck would have it just as our ceremony was starting it began to rain. We still wanted to finish the ceremony outside even if it was lightly raining. Skip was quick to act passing out umbrellas to our guests who were already seated. He even walked beside the bride as she made her way down the aisle with an umbrella covering her. Despite the brief rain shower the ceremony went on and everything was very memorable and beautiful.
    The outside terrace tent looked amazing and thankfully it stopped raining shortly after we concluded the ceremony. With the sides to the tent removed letting the breeze and sun right into the reception area, everything looked and felt amazing, which was just what we wanted.
    Leading up to our wedding, anyone who we met that had been to River Stone before would always mention how great the food was. River Stone's excellent food reputation is well earned. Most guests had an entree of Grilled Salmon or Sliced Strip Steak. Guests raved about both in addition to the assortment of appetizers they enjoyed. Our wedding was amazing in large part due to River Stone's beauty and excellence.

Nicole · Married on 06/16/2017

We had one amazing ceremony. working with skip and Rena was such a blessing. They always responded to me in a timely manor and answered all questions i had leading up to the big day. The view at the site of the ceremony is breathtaking. Then comes the reception. Wow!! what an amazing time. Everything went so smooth and was on time! the food was amazing. I would recommend this venue to anyone!

jeffrey · Married on 12/17/2016

this is the place to go if you want the Best! The staff is amazing. they are attentive and do there very best to make your day magical. the food is to be honest some of the best food I have ever eaten. The guests raved about it. They move the reception along at a good pace giving ample time between courses for the bride and groom to make there visits to each table and get back to their table to eat their food. the cost was reasonable and for what we got was well worth the price per plate that we paid. You will not go wrong with Riverstone Manor!

• slc1404

Stephanie · Married on 12/17/2016

River Stone is absolutely amazing! The food is delicious, and the staff are so professional. Everything went so smoothly during our wedding, thanks to their organization and just being on top of everything. I really don't think me or my husband had a stressful moment throughout the whole reception. And a big plus? They ran everything so well that we got to eat our food and visit with all the guests! I would recommend River Stone to anyone!

Brooke · Married on 10/08/2016

Skip, Renee, Maureen and the rest of the staff at River Stone Manor are great to work with. They are at the wedding the entire night making sure everything runs smoothly and as planned. They are very flexible with you during the whole planning process. It is obvious that they want your day to be perfect and they do everything in their power to make it turn out that way. We had such an incredible Wedding day and wish we could do it all over again! Thanks again! :)

Denise · Married on 09/25/2016

When we first set foot on River Stone Manor, we immediately fell in love with the gorgeous grounds and location of this beautiful venue. Situated along the Mohawk Hudson River surrounded by trees and a well manicured lawn and gardens, we knew right away that the owner and staff here take pride in this facility. Skip, the Owner, and Rena, the Banquet Manager met with us initially and in every step of the process and were so helpful. We rented the beautiful historical Manor House so that I and my matron of honor could get ready prior to the ceremony. This, as it turns out, is Skip's residence and was absolutely stunning inside. Rena and Skip were both working at our wedding and made sure everything ran smoothly. Rena checked on me frequently during the pre-ceremony prep to make sure we had everything we need. We had our ceremony on the lawn in front of the river and the reception under the tent. Our guests raved about the cocktail hour and food at the reception. This place is a gem and our wedding was picture perfect. Thank you Skip and Rena!

Jessica · Married on 09/23/2016

My husband I recently got married at River Stone Manor. There are no words to express how happy we are that we chose River Stone Manor as our venue.
    Skip and Renee were the most amazing people to work with. They were professional, responsive and extremely flexible. The whole time they treated us like family.
    The manor house was the perfect place to get ready, the grounds were gorgeous, the fire pit was awesome and the tent and banquet hall are absolutely beautiful. THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS!! Our guests are still raving about how phenomenal the food was!!
    The day of the wedding the RSM staff took care of every little detail. We were able to enjoy our wedding with all of our guests. We had so much fun-everything was perfect! We cannot thank Skip and Renee enough for making our wedding the best day ever!
    If you haven't already, check out River Stone Manor! You won't be disappointed! Thank you for making our wedding day even more amazing than we imagined. -Jess and Mark

Leah · Married on 08/27/2016

My husband and I just got married here and there aren't enough words to describe how happy we are that we chose this venue! Skip and his crew are the most incredible people you will ever work with, and they not only treat you like family, but like royalty. The grounds are breathtaking, the manor house is stunning, and the tent and reception hall are simply beautiful. And the food! Every single one of our guests continues to rant and rave about the food! If you haven't chosen a venue yet, please don't look any further. You will not regret Riverstone. It will blow you away and give you one of the best days of your lives. Planning a wedding is stressful, but the day it arrives the staff take care of everything, and you get to sit back, take a deep breath and finally enjoy your day. I am not one who writes reviews often, but I felt compelled to share. This place is a gem and made us so happy that we want to help other couples enjoy their wedding- and Riverstone Manor is where that can happen!

-Leah and Greg (VERY happy newlyweds!)

Cassandra · Married on 08/20/2016

I would rate Riverstone Manor 10 stars. Not only is the venue soo beautiful but the owner and manager is amazing. Working with Skip and Renee made everything a breeze. Our wedding day was beautifull and perfect and I couldn't ask for anything more. The food was amazing and the bar fully stoked with whatever your taste may prefer! I'd recommend them for a wedding or any other type of big event you may be planning.

Sarah · Married on 07/09/2016

I cannot say enough about how wonderful it was to work with Skip, Patty, Maureen, and all the staff at River Stone Manor! We were so impressed with the beautiful grounds, their professionalism, and Patty was so on top of everything throughout the entire process. She caught errors that I made in my seating plan when we were getting in our invites and so calmly noted them and clarified the correct seating (you will see how hard it is once those Rsvp's come in late, change, family decide they don't like each other anymore, etc and have to make changes). I was also so incredibly pleased that they treated us like this was their own wedding - I can only imagine that with the number of years that they've all been doing this that our wedding could be "just another gig" but I never in any way felt anything except special and treated like this really was our big day. We had a "rain delay" with our ceremony and they were AMAZING at accommodating moving our outdoor ceremony to the terrace tent seamlessly, and the kitchen managed it all incredibly - the food was so delicious, I keep hearing about it from our guests. Patty, Skip, and Maureen were so kind throughout the entire process. If anyone in my family or my friends were going to get married or have any major event, I wouldn't even look anywhere else. Our wedding was on 7/9/2016.

Victoria · Married on 06/05/2016

Riverstone Manor is a beautiful place with helpful staff and professionalism that will make even the most high maintenance couples happy. All our guests told us they had an amazing time at our wedding and the food was beyond excellent. We couldn't be happier with our wedding day and I would recommend Riverstone to anyone who wants an incredible, memorable experience.

Susan · Married on 05/07/2016

Awesome and friendly staff, absolutely loved this place!!

If i had to pick a venue all over again I would pick River Stone Manor each and every time. The owner Skip has a beautiful location and goes above and beyond to make sure the whole day if perfect. Patricia Grassi also is amazing and we spoke with her the most on every little detail. She also made the day feel like it was out of a fairytale and we had no worries whatsoever that day.

Our guests loved the food and left almost every plate clean! The waitstaff was very professional, along with the ladies who helped to set up the Manor House for me and the bridal party. Caitlin and Maureen were very helpful and made sure that the whole ceremony went smoothly.

The whole day was perfect and we cannot say enough nice things about River Stone and the staff here. We would definitely recommend this location to anyone looking for their perfect fairytale wedding!