River Roast Reviews

River Roast 2
River Roast 3
River Roast 4

Donna · Married on 08/18/2018

Hosted our daughter’s rehearsal dinner at the River Roast and would highly recommend this place to anyone that is looking for a venue that offers great views, wonderful food and amazing service from planning the event through the event itself. Would not change a thing!!

Sent on 08/27/2018

Jennifer · Married on 07/27/2018

Words cannot express how happy my husband and I are with how everything turned out at River Roast for our July wedding. The venue speaks for itself being on the river with the skyline all around it, but the experience there is unlike any other. Alyssa is amazing at her job. She is so positive, organized, and made us feel comfortable during the stress of wedding planning. She quickly responded to every email and answered every question in an extremely timely manor. Alyssa truly is the best! On the day of the wedding, the event staff was remarkable. Everyone was so accommodating the entire evening. We also received many compliments from our guests on the food! The southern chicken sliders were the biggest hit! Thank you Alyssa and River Roast for everything- we cannot wait to visit for many years to come!

Sent on 09/01/2018
    River Roast 5
    River Roast 6
    River Roast 7

Courtney · Married on 12/09/2017

I could not be more happy with the entire experience of working with River Roast. From day one they were easy to work with and it was clear they knew what they were doing. I was able to feel like I had nothing to worry about the weekend of my wedding because they had it all under control. The location was amazing, the view was great, and the food was even better. My wedding was way beyond expectations. Everyone had a blast, we got great comments about the atmosphere, food, and servers from our guests. I loved working with River Roast and am still in love with how our wedding worked out.

Sent on 12/23/2017
    River Roast 8

Janette · Married on 09/02/2016

When we first emailed The River Roast, we immediately got an email from Darcey Gerber answering all of our questions. We were late to our appointment but Darcey was still able to accommodate us and showed us the venue. We were stuck between this venue and another venue but we chose The River Roast because of the location, service, and food. Anytime I had any questions or concerns, Darcey or someone from the sales department, answered all of my questions. I had last minute changes that I had to make and they were able to accommodate them. It is a dark as far as lighting goes so we used string lights inside and outside in the veranda. The day of our wedding we were greeted by Darcey and a manager. They reassured me that everything was running as it should. A waitress brought my husband and me 2 champagne filled flutes and another waitress brought us hors d'oeuvres which I thought was a nice gesture. The bartenders made us delicious drinks through out the night. When we were sitting down a waitress took down our order to confirm what we were eating for dinner. Dinner was good. We had the chicken and pork. The children's dinner surprised me because there was more food than I expected. The next day my parents told me they arrived earlier and the staff gave them drinks and were courteous with them. A lot of our guests enjoyed the food and location.

We decided to go back and celebrate our one year anniversary and we were again treated with great customer service, drinks, and food! Thank you staff for everything.

Sent on 09/06/2017

Krissy · Married on 08/26/2016

River Roast is phenomenal!!!! My husband and I hosted our wedding reception at River Roast last month and it was absolutely perfect. The day was one we will never forget and we thank the River Roast family for everything. The service at River Roast was impeccable. The planning was professional and attentive. Everything was perfect and we highly recommend River Roast for your special occasion too. We cannot thank them enough.

Sent on 10/02/2016

Stephanie · Married on 07/02/2016

We LOVED having our wedding here. Our guests loved the food (so did we) and the setting - by going with RR, we were able to throw a party on the Chicago River in the heart of the city! Darcy was the planner we worked with and she was so easy to talk with, she helped us figure out what we wanted and steered us without trying to up-sell us. She was honest and we couldn't have pulled off our day without her. The decoration options were amazing and it's worth the price to have your day here. The ONLY things we would have changed - a little more signage directing guests to the ceremony room (hard to avoid since there are 4 entrances to the place) and having the room where we had the reception be a bit cooler (but, come on it was a July wedding!)

Sent on 08/02/2016

Cassie · Married on 05/07/2016

Our coordinator, Darcey Gerber was outstanding. Her staff as well. The food was awesome and the use of the patio was a highlight. The completed river walk area makes for an beautiful outdoor area.

Sent on 06/01/2016

Jennifer · Married on 04/17/2016

For me, I’m pretty sure I fell in love with River Roast as a venue well before I even saw it in person. We had our tour with Darcey and she was lovely, we booked River Roast for our Sunday brunch wedding. Because we chose Sunday they had a lower F&B minimum allowing us to have our perfect small ~70 people wedding in the larger Murdoch room. I was afraid the room would look sparse when we had a much lower headcount than I had expected, but with the brunch buffet stations, two bartenders, an open photobooth and the dance floor, it was a wonderful use of the space for a daytime wedding (of course you could easily have an elegant, large wedding in the same space as they advertise). We also had our ceremony upstairs in the Monarch room utilizing their drapery option for the backdrop, which was really beautiful, even our wedding planner was surprised at how lovely it looked and dressed up the space. Everything was so organized, Darcey helped us with everything we needed, we had a space to sit and relax before the ceremony, they brought us vases to put our flowers in and plenty of water and coffee to have while we were “hidden” waiting to start. I’m lactose intolerant and they brought me hors d’oeuvres for me without the cheese, and specifically brought food to us from the buffet stations so we were able to eat plenty of food before everything kicked off. Everyone loved the view, the space and the food.

Sent on 06/30/2016

Tammy · Married on 11/07/2015

The team at River Roast was FANTASTIC. They, like the coordinators we used (An Event Less Ordinary), had the perfect balance of being laid back and getting things done! Our contact was extremely helpful in helping us craft a menu for our wedding and we are so grateful that River Roast was so accommodating with our substitutions (tater tots instead of fried potatoes, vinegar based slaw instead of their regular horseradish slaw, having sweet tea and lemonade, etc.). The food was delicious and the planning process was flawless.

Where River Roast truly impressed was on the day of. We did chef stations (buffet) for our reception and the care and attention to detail that River Roast put into the presentation was truly incredible and better than anything we could have ever imagined.

Sent on 11/16/2015

Danielle · Married on 10/09/2015

My husband and I had our wedding here on 10/9 and everything was perfect. Working with Darcy over these last six months was so much fun. Darcey answered every question I could think of, helped with recommendations for vendors, was very laid back and helped make our wedding effortless. On the day of the wedding, the River Roast event staff set up all of our decorations and then even carefully packed up all our decorations at the end of the night and helped get them to our hotel room. Long story short: Delicious food, amazing river views, great drinks, friendly staff and Darcey is so easy to work with. I would 100% recommend having your wedding at River Roast!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Held our wedding reception at River Roast - could not have been happier, the venue is gorgeous with the city views in the evening.
    Food is exceptional and service is top notch.
    If you want to impress your guests this is the place!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Emma · Married on 07/11/2015

When we first decided on having our wedding (ceremony and reception) at River Roast, it was still Fulton's on the River - when they told us the restaurant was going to close, undergo construction, and re-open before our wedding, we were very nervous. But, Hilary was very open with details as they became available, and ultimately, the venue was still perfect. Working with Hilary throughout the planning process was a dream - she was so professional, efficient, and friendly, and was able to not only answer all of our questions, but work with us on new ideas we had (We wanted string lights wrapped around the columns--something Fulton's/River Roast had never done and didn't have as a lighting option initially--so Hillary had the lighting vendor come in and test out a few different ways of doing it until they made it perfect, and then ran it by us. I believe they now offer it as a lighting option for all events!). Though we did hire a day-of planner, we were more confident and happy with Hillary and the team at River Roast - they made sure our entire wedding day was executed perfectly, and were all unbelievably helpful and professional throughout it all. Both the ceremony and reception rooms looked absolutely beautiful and exactly how we wanted them, the entire staff was attentive all night, and we couldn't be happier.

As for the food, it was insanely delicious - almost a year later, our guests STILL rave about the steak!

Sent on 06/28/2016

Katie · Married on 11/15/2014

Working with River Roast (and Darcey) was one of the best decisions that we could have made for our wedding. Seriously. Everything is easy (they provide tables/chairs/linens/etc) and everything is right there. But the best part was having the venue coordinator (again, Darcey) to help us through. She was there for every step of the way and then, even more shocking, she was there the day of setting everything up, coordinating with our band and even fluffing my gown before I walked down the aisle. She was awesome, River Roast was awesome AND EASY and I loved every second of our wedding in this venue.

Sent on 11/24/2014

Terri · Married on 10/12/2014

Amazing night. Everything was perfect. The restaurant is right on the river creating a beautiful backdrop for a night reception. Darcey Gerber (wedding coordinator at River Roast) was fabulous. She helped coordinate every last detail via e-mail and phone for our "destination" reception (neither of us live in Chicago). The appetizers were delicious. The food and event was reasonably priced. All in all, this restaurant made my reception as seamless as possible. I was able to show up and have a great time. Can't say enough positive things about the River Roast!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Robin · Married on 05/03/2014

We had my daughters wedding at Fulton's. It was wonderful. Darcey was very nice to work with. On the day of the wedding the staff was great, very professional. The meal service was wonderful and the food was out of this world!! Just great. The setting on the river is so beautiful and the guests just loved the outdoor patio. We couldn't have asked for more

Sent on 06/01/2014

Elyse · Married on 08/03/2013

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Fulton's, and had an absolutely perfect day! Hilary, our contact at Fulton's, worked to ensure that every detail we requested was perfect. We arrived to Fulton's via Water Taxi, and the staff at Fulton's had champagne waiting for our bridal party. The outdoor space was ideal for our cocktail hour, and having it open all night was a great way for guests to cool off and take a break from dancing to our band.

The entire staff at Fulton's was accommodating and anticipated our needs. They were friendly, helpful, and overall helped to make our day amazing!

Sent on 09/21/2013

fultons on the River is the perfect spot to hold wedding ceremony and reception. They really know how to do special events. The food, service during wedding and overall service was outstanding. The view of the city from the outside patio made our wedding so chicago and chic. I literally can't say enough great things about this venue.

Sent on 08/23/2013

Kerry · Married on 08/12/2012

My husband and I worked with Julie at Fulton's on the River and had a wonderful experience! She was more than happy to accommodate our every request and she was there the night of our wedding to make sure everything worked out. My guests said the food was absolutely yummy! We also got great picture outside by the river! It was everything we hoped for and more. We would recommend Fulton's to any couple looking for a wedding venue.

Sent on 08/30/2012

Dave · Married on 05/11/2012

Fulton's turned out to be the perfect choice for our reception. With the weather perfect for the event, the outside veranda along the river turned out to be the most popular place for people to gather during the reception. The views were spectacular, especially at night. Devin who hosted the event for Fulton's was a joy to work with and made what was a stressful event much more easy to arrange and plan. Everyone had nothing but compliments about the food and service. We really lucked out in our choice of Fulton's.

Sent on 05/14/2012
  • Ben

Ben · Married on 09/24/2011

We were completely thrilled with our event at Fulton's! The food was some of the best wedding food I've ever tasted - many of our guests commented on how large and delicious their meals were - especially the crab cakes! You must have the crab cakes! And the fact that the cater is on-site took a lot of stress of us in planning. Linens, tables, chairs, serve wear, bar stuff, ect was all provided by the vendor under a single per head cost. We could upgrade as we wanted, but the basic stuff was gorgeous (especially the chairs) - so we left well enough alone! The staff was super accommodating and wonderful to work with both before and during the event. Making sure our glasses were always full and we at least got a few bites of each items offered to our guests. The room itself is amazing and you can't beat the veranda that overlooks the Chicago river. I couldn't have picked a more "chicago" location and I would recommend them 100 times over!

Sent on 01/22/2012

julie · Married on 10/16/2010

We booked Fulton's when our original venue shut down 8 months before our wedding. From that day forward, Jamie was nothing but helpful, accomodating, and patient! Fulton's is a beautiful venue. We had 96 people with a buffet style dinner and cocktail reception and had our ceremony there as well. The setup of the rooms were so nice and with the skyline in the background we couldn't have asked for a better space. We also had the balcony right off the room so my smokers had a place to go and just to get a breath of fresh air. The FOOD was the best wedding food I've ever ate (and I'm glad it was at my wedding!). There was so much food, it was crazy.
    Best of all, the price, is so reasonable for what you get especially in downtown Chicago. My parents from Kentucky paid for our wedding and they thought they received a really good price for everything we got. If you're looking for a wonderful place to have your wedding, go to Fulton's. I couldn't be happier and all of my guests were amazed at how wonderful everything was. Location, food, and ambiance...Fulton's has all of this and I couldn't imagaine having my wedding anywhere else.

Sent on 11/02/2010

Amanda · Married on 07/22/2017

My husband and I recently held our wedding reception at River Roast. We had the pleasure of working with Hilary, one of their event coordinators. I don't have enough kind words to say about Hilary. She was the 2nd person we met with after we got engaged and began the planning process. Immediately, we felt at ease talking with her. Throughout the entire process, she was gracious and kind, always available for questions.

The venue itself is stunning. We wanted a venue beyond your standard banquet hall, and River Roast delivered just that. The design and style of the restaurant and event rooms is gorgeous, not to mention the views!

One of our top priorities was having delicious food at our wedding, and they did not disappoint! They provide enough options to choose from for each course, without being overwhelming. They were also accommodating to our guests with dietary restrictions.

River Roast is conscious of even the smallest of details. When we arrived, there was a staff member standing outside with a beautiful sign directing guests to our reception. As my husband and I entered, the bartender stepped aside and immediately asked what we would be having to drink. After that, a waitress approached us with a platter of 2 of each of our hors d'eouvres to make sure we got a taste of everything. They also include complimentary menus for all place settings, which is a cute detail.

Overall, River Roast was fantastic to work with, a great value, and had amazing food and drinks. We, along with all of our guests, had a great time.

Sent on 09/12/2017

We had our wedding reception at Fulton's October 13th 2013, I could not have been happier with our day! Darcy from Fulton's was great to work with, I would recommend this venue to anyone!!

Sent on 10/17/2013
  • Beth

Beth · Married on 06/10/2012

We absolutely LOVED our 6/10/12 wedding reception at Fulton's on the River! So many of our guests told us it was the best wedding they had ever been to (even one of the 97 year old gents)! The food was absolutely delicious, service was excellent, and planning was painless.

First of all, the location is outstanding. You can't beat the outdoor veranda overlooking the river. The interior space is lovely – exposed brick walls, unfinished but painted black ceiling, gold sheen finished industrial pillars – with an urban edge.

From the very beginning of inquiring about the venue, Fulton's has been more than willing to be flexible. At first the menu prices online scared us... we could not spend what they had posted since we had a tight budget and didn't have a wedding planner to work out the kinks. I inquired anyway, hoping they could help us out. Right away, they were flexible with the menus to have the prices be within our budget. We found it to be reasonable for a Chicago wedding, while guests did not go hungry or thirsty. No one would have known we didn't pay those exorbitant prices of other places we checked out (including all the historical buildings, hotels, other restaurants, etc). While still higher than a wedding in the 'burbs, it was worth it, and the prices were pretty close. Plus, no space rental fees (most of the places were $6,000+ to rent out the space, then you had to deal with caterers and rental people... no way did I want to deal with that if I didn't have to!)

Being a restaurant, the quality of the food was above and beyond what a hotel or banquet hall could provide. They have so many options and you can tailor everything for you! The cake is even included (with a choice between 2 bakeries)!

Rentals? They have A LOT options for upgrades. However all the chairs, linens, silverware, plates, glassware, etc (and even 3 votive candles per table) were included!

We booked a Sunday because of the lower minimum. Guests didn't seem to mind it was a Sunday, especially since summer in the city is so much fun. We booked about 10 months in advance.

As far as working with the team, Devin Robnick is the head of all the events. Over the course of 10 months they had other event coordinators working with us (3 total). Although I felt a little uncomfortable every time the event changed hands, all our event details were well communicated and they responded fairly quickly (within the week of the email).

The night of our reception went FLAWLESSLY. Julie Croney ended up being our final event coordinator and did an amazing job. We can't thank her and the entire Fulton's team enough for making our wedding reception a night we will cherish forever! They even sent us a personalized gift of Mr and Mrs (with our last name) embroidered aprons... how sweet!

We truly had a unique, amazing, and in-our-budget wedding that everyone is still raving about! We couldn't be happier!

Sent on 06/25/2012