River Road Chateau Reviews

24 Reviews for River Road Chateau

• Hillary

Hillary Lessard · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Best Decision Ever!

A HUGE thank you to Lori and the whole River Road team for helping us have the wedding of our dreams! This venue is absolutely beautiful, especially with the recent remodel. This was a huge selling point for us, since I did not want to spend much time or money on decor. This venue doesn't need it! The venue manager, Lori, was soooooo great to work with. Always quick to respond, flexible and easy-going, and so friendly! I knew from the beginning that we were in good hands with her. Whenever I spoke with her, she made me feel like ours was their only wedding and highest priority, despite the fact we got married during one of the busiest months of the year. So many of our guests complimented the venue, commenting on how beautiful it was. I don't doubt that choosing this venue was one of the best wedding decisions we made!!

Sent on 12/06/2019

River Road Chateau's reply:

Thank you so much for your sweet compliments and for being such a fun bride to work with, Hillary! I loved you and Matthew and the wonderful, easy vibe you both brought to your wedding. It was our pleasure to work with you and your families! ~Lori
  • Ashleigh

Ashleigh · Married on 10/04/2019

Fairytale dreams came true

River Road was basically a fairytale come true. To be honest I was a thrift bride and unsure what I'd be able to afford. But my husband (then fiance) and I decided to save up for this venue because it is simply perfect as is. If you don't have a dime to spend on any other decor, this venue will still be gorgeous on your big day. Chandeliers and stone everywhere!
    The staff is practically perfect in every way, providing care and attention to detail for your every need. All my questions were answered timely and sweetly, I was never treated as petty or a bridezilla. Lori had such patience with me, helping me move the tables exactly where I wanted them as Kathy did in driving me in my giant dress on the golf cart from the house to the ceremony meadow.
    AND if you have not yet seen Belle Manor, you need to! We were able to rent the house for our extensive out-of-town bridal party, making our wedding day preparations and aftermath comfortable and convenient. There was nothing better than leaving to my sparkler exit, walking over to the house with my husband, and being able to immediately get comfortable and relax.
    There are numerous factors that made me feel like a princess on my big day, but River Road is most definitely at the top of that list. Location, services, style, and staff are all impeccable and I would recommend them to anyone!

p.s. They're Disney fans too, in case anyone is looking!

Sent on 10/24/2019

River Road Chateau's reply:

Thank you so much, Ashleigh! You were a gem to work with and my staff and I truly enjoyed every minute with you and your wonderful family. We truly try our best to make every wedding day special and I'm so glad to know we helped make yours one to remember! Don't be a stranger! ~Lori

Kat Horton · Married on 09/14/2019

Best venue ever!!

Not only is this place beautiful but their staff is incredible! This place is always lined with flowers and blooming with green! Its the perfect place for any and all wedding vibes! Lori and her staff makes the planning process so easy and she is super quick with responses! We didn't have a planner for the day of and they were so helpful with placing apps out and little things like candle lighting! They also have this GORGEOUS house on property that sleeps 13, called Belle Manor. It was so fun to get ready here and have everything in the house for the night of. So glad we chose RRC!!

Sent on 09/23/2019

River Road Chateau's reply:

Thank you so much for your sweet words, Kat! It was truly our pleasure to work alongside you all to make your wedding day everything that you hoped for. My staff and I adored our time working with you, Brock and your sweet family and wish you the very best for a beautiful future! ~Lori
  • Kasondra

Kasondra · Married on 06/15/2019

Made me feel like family. Very on point, didn't rush us or pressure us. Lovely atmosphere!

Sent on 03/23/2018

Karen · Married on 03/17/2019

Such a great venue!

Lori makes you feel like family from the time you step in up to the send off. We had such a dreamy wedding. I loved, loved everything about this place. They are so flexible!

Sent on 12/06/2019

River Road Chateau's reply:

Thank you so much, Karen! I show the gorgeous picture of you and Tomy in the orchard to everyone. :) It was a joy to work with you!

Elayne Kaufman · Married on 03/09/2019

Absolutely Perfect Wedding Venue & Staff!

River Road Chateau was absolutely the best! The meadow is a perfect setting for an outdoor wedding; it stormed until 6:00 am the night before my daughter’s wedding and by the time the ceremony started at 5:00 pm, the meadow was fine! The venue for the reception is beautiful and accommodated our 150 guests without feeling crowded. The evening was nice enough to have the buffet out on a side patio and this also made a nice area for guests to visit. Lori and her staff were beyond the best to work with!!! They were pleasant, professional, and present throughout the reception to make sure things were running smoothly. The staff was a huge help getting things packed up and cleaned up. When we returned from the bride and groom send out, basically all our things were on two tables in the back which made it easy and quick to load.

Another benefit to River Road Chateau is the Guest House on the premises. It was so relaxing to be on site the whole day of the wedding and not worry about having to load up and go anywhere. My daughter chose to get ready in the bridal suite at the house instead of the venue, and this made getting ready very relaxing. I highly recommend staying in the house!

Lori has worked hard on a vendor list, and we used everyone she suggested and were VERY pleased. Our guests loved the food, complimented the DJ, and the bar was very reasonable! From food to security, Lori’s recommendations were outstanding. The whole weekend was truly enjoyable and perfect, we wouldn’t have changed a thing!

Sent on 04/04/2019

River Road Chateau's reply:

Thank you so much for your lovely review, Elayne! I am so happy that you all enjoyed your time with us and truly appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback for us! I am so proud to have such a wonderful team and I sincerely appreciate the compliments on them, and I will most definitely pass your kindness on to them. Your family was so much fun to work with and I will welcome the Kaufman - Garrett family back any time! ~Lori

Jessica · Married on 10/28/2018

Amazing Venue

This venue was everything I was looking for my dream wedding. I am so happy I had my wedding here and it was a dream come true!

Sent on 11/02/2018

River Road Chateau's reply:

It was a pleasure and honor to host your wedding...we loved getting to know and spending time with you, Brighton and your lovely families. Best wishes for a beautiful future!
    Much love from Krysti and Lori

Sonya H · Married on 09/29/2018

Magical Experience!

If you want to have the wedding of your dreams in a gorgeous, outdoor, country setting, with your reception in a beautiful indoor setting and work with the most accommodating people in the world, then River Road Chateau is the place for you. And there is more! We wanted 9 horses to be in the wedding! Not many beautiful places can accommodate horses in your wedding, but River Road Chateau went out of their way to accommodate our horses. The wedding meadow is tucked in a nook of the property down a short path, across a wooden bridge over a creek bed, and nestled in the trees. That beautiful pathway passes by gorgeous Italian gardens (in which you could choose to have your wedding) and, after you cross over the bridge, then leads you through double doors and down to the altar complete with wooden arch, crystal chandelier and, now, hitching posts off to the side, for those horses! On the other side of the wedding meadow is a beautiful, wide open pasture which made for amazing photographs with the wedding party, bride and groom all on horseback! Wait! There is more! Did I mention the fact that our groom and his family were from out of town and we needed accommodations for them close by? Not a problem for River Road Chateau! Right on the premises they have the most beautiful plantation style house newly remodeled and furnished to accommodate 15 guests with a living room and kitchen. It was so nice to be able to rent that lovely home instead of having to put everyone up in cold hotel rooms. The master suite is decorated in a beautiful silver/grey décor. It was so gorgeous we decided to use it for the bridal party to get ready in, instead of the beautiful bridal room that is available down in the reception hall. The reception hall also has a wonderful groom’s dressing area which our groom and his groomsmen hung out and dressed in. The Reception Hall also has beautiful chandeliers, gorgeous antique French entry doors, lots of side doors that can be slid open to reveal the two outdoor, covered patios your guests can over flow to in beautiful weather, a fabulous kitchen and bar area, and guest bath rooms. I really loved that part of the rental included glass water goblets and wine glasses and tables and chairs for 200 guests, among other details. Wait, there is more! Did I mention how amazing Lori, Krysti, Larry and the staff were? Absolutely incredible, from beginning to the very end. There wasn’t a moment that they were not on top of, making sure that my job was as smooth and easy as possible. They loved the horses and nothing about their needs intimidated them. We stretched everything to the limit but you would never have known that. The details of the day were turned over to them and I never had to worry about a thing because they took care of every detail. I was able to spend my time with my daughter and family while they made sure everything ran smoothly. They promised us the wedding of our daughter’s dreams, and they delivered! I can’t imagine having our wedding at any other venue! Thank you, Larry, Lori and Krysti!

Sent on 11/08/2018

River Road Chateau's reply:

Thanks, Sonya. Micaela's wedding was so much fun to prepare for, from building the hitching posts, to having the horses out to acclimate to the property, and of course, the ceremony itself was absolutely breathtaking. There were definitely a few firsts for us as well...I'm pretty sure I've never walked behind a horse carrying the bride's veil before! It was a true pleasure working with you, Micaela, Brody and your families. You will all hold a special place in our hearts and our memories, and will forever be a part of our River Road Chateau family!

Sinikka · Married on 09/02/2018

This venue is superb!! I can not think any other place where customer service and attention to detail reaches these levels. We visited several venues before choosing this one and there was simply no comparison! Krysti was extremely easy and very flexible to work with. She was there to see to every little detail and was right there to offer rides to those elderly members of the party who needed help. Almost hard to believe that people this nice still exist. Renting the 'southern mansion' next door for the night before and for the night after ensured that all the arrangements could be finalized on site, as well as give everyone in the wedding party time for R&R. The venue even brought us lovely breakfast with plenty to share. They did not have to do this, but they did. There are so many kindnesses shown to us that it would be too long a list to share!
    This venue is just gorgeous and the staff focus to detail, kindness and helpfulness is incredible. Our highest recommendations for future brides. This place is a rare gem!!!

Sent on 09/03/2018

River Road Chateau's reply:

Your kind words touch my heart, Sinikka. You have such an amazing family, so friendly, kind and open-hearted. It was such a pleasure developing wonderful relationships with each and every one of you. We were honored to share such a special day, and thrilled to play our part in helping make it perfect. Our door is always open - please stop by and visit any time!

Jenelle · Married on 11/02/2017

We loved EVERYTHING about this venue and our experience! I cannot gush enough about how fabulous it was to work with Krysti and Lori. We primarily worked with Krysti and she was so helpful from start to finish. In our initial consultation, she went over what to expect, and what no expect. She explained every detail thoroughly. Throughout planning, she was always quick to respond to my questions (and I had at least 1000). When it got closer to the wedding, we met our event manager (not to be confused with a wedding planner), Lori. She helped me walk through the layout and made great suggestions. On the wedding day, she was able to answer all of my questions and when I wanted something tweaked, she was able to help make it happen. I loved working with her, too! I also love that the venue is so versatile. Our wedding was a little more modern and glam but it still looked beautiful in the country setting. We went to just about every Open House that they had and managed to pick almost all of our vendors that way, and they were all fabulous, too! I would 110% recommend this venue to another bride!

Sent on 02/05/2018

River Road Chateau's reply:

Thanks for your kind words...it was so much fun to work with you and Blake! We're glad to hear our open houses were beneficial in your vendor selections...aren't they all just wonderful?

Tammy · Married on 10/07/2017

Love, love, love this venue. This is the hidden beauty of Collin County. At first we weren’t impressed with the photos on their website, so I didn’t pursue it. My daughter wanted to go for a visit, and we were blown away. This place is absolutely gorgeous, and everyone at the wedding commented on how pretty it was. We honestly went to every venue in Collin County, I think, and am so happy we chose this one.
    Lori and Krysti were wonderful to work with, and there were no hidden fees. I would highly recommend River Road Chateau to anyone looking for a beautiful wedding venue at a great price. 5 Stars!

Sent on 10/12/2017

River Road Chateau's reply:

We're so glad Haleigh talked you into checking us out in person - it was a pleasure and an honor to be a part of their special day. I can still picture in my mind the darling way Haleigh's nose crinkles up when she smiles, and there were certainly lots of smiles! Best wishes for a beautiful future.

Melissa · Married on 06/02/2017

My husband and I looked at a number of venues before choosing River Road Chateau. As we drove out there, we both said the location might be too far out of the way. However, sometimes a little extra drive is well worth it. Because it’s out of the way, it is very private.
    You can customize the venue, but it’s ready to go just the way it is. There are options for your ceremony and we chose to have it outdoors and then the reception inside. However, the weather had other plans. Thankfully, the team at River Road Chateau was fully prepared. Our ceremony was moved indoors and it was beautiful.

Prior to the wedding the bride and groom have their own separate rooms that are set up just the way a bride would want (tons of mirrors!) and just the way the groom would want (TV with DirecTV). Both my husband and I were very happy with our wedding day, it was exactly as we expected after touring the property with Krysti from River Road Chateau. It was as stress free of a wedding as you can have.

Whether you are having your first wedding or like us, a second wedding with a ton of kids, River Road Chateau will accommodate. The bottom line is, the facility and the team at River Road Chateau will make you feel like you have a team of wedding experts who have one goal, giving you the best wedding they’ve ever done.

Thank you Krysti and your team for giving us a wedding that my husband, our children, our guests, and I will never forget.

Sincerely,
    Melissa & Jonathan Harris

Sent on 07/21/2017

River Road Chateau's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure working with you and Jonathan to create the event of your dreams. We're beyond thrilled your day was everything you wanted! It's always our goal to not only meet, but exceed the expectations of our bridal couple and guests. Best wishes for a beautiful future!

Amy · Married on 04/29/2017

My husband & I got married at The River Road Chateau on 4/29/17. It was honestly the perfect venue for us and our family. I fell in love with the beautiful and romantic meadow for the ceremony, but of course there is a plan B in case it rains (there was a 99% chance on my day, but with the flexibility from the staff, we were able to get the ceremony outside & amazing pictures in the pasture before it could rain)!! Krysti was extremely helpful in so many ways! I had about 200 guests with enough space for dancing, which was extremely important to me! My family & I loved how affordable the venue was, yet there was so much included! You are also free to decorate how you wish, and are able to use any vendor you choose- this can be tough to find.

I had an absolute blast on my wedding day, and I will be dreaming of it the rest of my life. Thank you so much to the staff at River Road Chateau!

Sent on 02/21/2018

River Road Chateau's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Amy. You were such a beautiful bride and your family was so much fun to work with! I'm so glad we were able to work around Mother Nature so you could hold your ceremony in the wedding meadow. We're even more thrilled you are working as our bridal ambassador - you're a rock star!

Matthew · Married on 03/17/2017

My husband and I got married on March 17 at River Road Chateau, and it was the most perfect day ever! From the whole process leading up to the wedding all the way through that day, Krysti was so accommodating, kind, supportive, and helpful in every way! She was always ready to share any ideas she had as well as help my ideas and dreams come to reality. Krysti made it a very personal experience, one that was focused on the excitement of the day, although she was always on top of things and very reliable concerning business as well. She was wonderful and so fun to work with! The venue itself was absolutely gorgeous. We had our ceremony outside and only needed minimal decorations as the beauty of the wedding meadow was enough. After the ceremony, we moved inside the chateau for our reception and guests seemed to love mingling around the indoor/outdoor feel of it. We have received (and are still receiving!) countless compliments about how beautiful and special it was and how helpful the staff was. RR was the perfect place for my husband and me to celebrate our most special day. It was truly a fairytale. Thank you to Krysti and the rest of the staff at RR for helping to make that day one that we will treasure forever!

Sent on 05/13/2017

River Road Chateau's reply:

Thank you so much for you kinds words, Cierra; it was absolutely my honor to share in the experience of your special day. You, Matt and your families were wonderful and gracious, and it was a true pleasure to work with each and every one of you to create the wedding of your dreams. I'm thrilled your guests were so complimentary, and it gives me such joy to hear you describe your wedding as a fairy tale. I would love to have you back again as guests at Belle Manor. We can sip iced tea on the front porch, and you can share pictures from the honeymoon and tell me how amazing married life is!
    Best wishes for a beautiful future -

Courtney · Married on 11/21/2015

We could not have been happier with our choice to get married at River Road! From our initial tour, to our grand exit on our wedding day, every staff member was extremely helpful and accommodating. They made sure we stayed on track with our plans, made great suggestions, and offered a great list of preferred vendors. We used many of them, and we were very pleased! Besides the wonderful and accommodating staff, the venue is down right beautiful! River Road was the perfect setting for our outdoor ceremony and reception. It was everything we pictured and more. Thank you for making our wedding day as perfect as it was!

Sent on 02/14/2017

River Road Chateau's reply:

I'm so thrilled we were able to be a part of your special day and that you were so pleased with our service. Best wishes for a beautiful future!
    Krysti Peabody
    Property & Event Manager
    River Road Chateau

Ashley · Married on 06/20/2015

Jessica and Wade have an amazing venue in Anna, Texas. I heard nothing but exceptional compliments on the venue! Jessica always answered when I called,and was very knowledgable of any question I might have. She has a way of putting your mind at ease about any worry you may have! They really make you feel at home, the second you meet them. Jessica is very hands on with knowing who your vendors are and making sure that she communicates with them, my day was flawless and stress free! The River Road Chateau was gorgeous and would recommend the venue to anyone I know who was getting married!!!

Sent on 07/07/2015

Kristie · Married on 06/13/2015

I loved my experience working with Wade and Jessica at River Road Chateau. They made the process very easy to plan my wedding at their venue. From the moment I met them, I felt like family. They were able to provide me with a list of preferred vendors that I would highly recommend. Plus the venue itself is just beautiful! My wedding ran very smoothly and they helped make sure that my day was simply nothing but the best. I highly recommend this place and these wonderful people!!!

Sent on 07/02/2015

Katrina · event on: 11/27/2014

The Chateau is gorgeous! Every single detail of the building and the amenities are so well thought out That I couldn't have wanted for anything. Everyone was so wowed when they came in, that's literally what they said: "Wow!". That was just INSIDE the building. Outside if the Chateau is so beautiful that we weren't sure where to go first. There's this quaint orchard of fruit trees, an open air greenhouse, and the wide open pasture that faded into the trees it seemed miles away. And then the little getaway down the hill over the bridge leading into the woods. Just picture perfect.
    Thanks to Ms. Jessica every detail of the day was flawless! And if it wasn't, she surely wasn't going to let it be noticed. Our friends and family were so happy there it was hard to leave. I can't wait for one of our friends to have a wedding there, because there is no limit to the absolute dreamscape of this place.
    Thanks to the Hulcy's and all of the staff who made this occasion just the best!

Sent on 04/16/2015

Molly · Married on 10/29/2016

PERFECT!!! Couldn't have asked for a better experience or place to get married. Jessica treats you like a family member and they make sure everything is perfect for your special day!! I would recommend them to anyone!!!!

Sent on 12/31/2016

Super willing to work with us and find the right combination of date/time/pricing to fit our needs. They have a ton of stuff you can rent so you don't have to buy a bunch of stuff that you'll never need again. And they have preferred vendors but they're just suggestions, not required to use.

Sent on 09/10/2015

Jordonn · Married on 06/08/2019

Beautiful and lovely people!

Lori was nothing short of amazing! She made me feel comfortable, helped the wedding procession and made sure everything went smoothly!

Sent on 10/24/2019

River Road Chateau's reply:

Thank you so much, Jordonn! You and Michael were an absolute delight to work with and my staff and I are thrilled that you enjoyed your big day. You'll always be special to us! ~Lori

Michelle · Married on 09/23/2017

After so many tours and looking everywhere for a place to get married, we are so happy we found and booked River Road Chateau. We wanted a one stop place to have and celebrate our wedding. Above all we wanted a stress free day at a place that would amplify our special day and we got all of that and more. Krysti was incredibly flexible with allowing me and my planning crew come by the venue when we needed. She gave us great ideas and she was an absolute pleasure to work with. The owners are wonderful. I felt that they were focused on making sure we all had a great experience. The venue is so beautiful and every time we came by, some new garden appeared or new décor was added. Here are some highlights from our wedding at RRC:
    • Brides Room: I loved getting ready in that room with my bridesmaids. Everyone had a mirror and was helping each other out with makeup and hair styles.
    • The Meadow: Strait up MAGICAL. When we were saying our vows, a family of butterflies started landing on the preacher and the arch way. It was an incredible!
    • Grand Hall: Plenty of space to dance and my DJ even tapped into their screen projector playing awesome music videos and we even had a slide show of old photos going.
    • The House on Property: Such a great asset to my wedding day! I am so glad we booked that. My family was able to get ready there and have a lovely lunch before the wedding. It was so awesome to party it up at the banquet hall and then walk across the yard to an extremely comfortable bed!

Sent on 10/08/2017

Rachael · Married on 07/30/2016

River Road Chateau is a beautiful little place in Anna. You can get married as well as have your reception there. We only had our reception there. The owners were very friendly and personable. This is their home business and they live in a house on the property. I appreciated feeling like I was working with people rather than a company front. I also liked that it was far enough away from a city that it felt like our party was the only thing going on, rather than being in the middle of a city and hearing traffic going by. You can rent tablecloths as well as other décor directly from Jessica (she and her husband, Wade, are the owners). I also appreciated that we had the venue for the whole day—from 8am until midnight. It got set up in the morning, we left for the wedding, and came back for the reception. We didn’t have to worry about sharing the venue with another group or being rushed to leave for the next event. If you’re a fan of “rustic elegance” I would recommend booking River Road Chateau.

Sent on 08/27/2016

0.4
      0.5

I don't recommend this venue at all. Snobby people and extremely rude. The day of my wedding, everyone was very kind and friendly towards me (the bride), but all the event staff were very rude to my mom, my groom, and my guests. The stories I have heard are appalling and saddening. I heard Marilyn (our on site "manager" for the day) snap at my mom and someone helping us set up more than once, I have heard multiple comments from guests that snide or sarcastic comments were made when they asked questions, and the new property/event manager was incredibly rude to my groom. She told my mother that she "wouldn't be sad if we left early" and she told my groom who was trying to locate the beer for his dad to take home "I don't know where it is and I don't care, I have way more than you to do and I don't want to be here". At one point the old owners came by and disappeared with Marilyn for close to an hour while we were trying to frantically finish setting up. Unacceptable. Vendors were late and instead of the venue, who had all the contact info by the way, calling to check for us, Marilyn made my mom call all of them. This is also unacceptable. I feel it is common sense that the mother of the bride has enough on her plate that day, and to make her do YOUR job is not only lazy but rude. What was the point of hiring you guys and having an onsite event manager if all she was gonna do was supervise and order us around as if she hired us? That is completely unacceptable. We were not rowdy, we are a well behaved bunch and we were there from 9am to 12am. We were not there outside of our rented time, and everything was cleaned up. I am so sad that such a gorgeous venue had the audacity to act so mean on my one special day.

PS... sent an email to manager after she asked for feedback and never heard back. It took me posting a poor review to their facebook to get a response, and even then my claims were dismissed and I was given a BS "I'm sorry".

Sent on 01/03/2017