River House Events Reviews

211 | Saint Augustine, FL

211 Reviews for River House Events

Tanya · Married on 12/09/2016

On a scale of 1-5, we give it a 10! From the location, to the venue, to the staff, the River House was the most accommodating and perfect place to spend the evening with our friends and family on our wedding day. Constance is a miracle worker, and if you haven't thought of something, she already has. We can't thank the staff enough for making our special day so memorable!! The parking is a huge bonus considering it is downtown St. Augustine, it makes it so much easier on guests. We fell in love with the venue when we first visited and it turned out even better then expected! Thank you for making our decision easy, we loved everything about this special place.

Sent on 12/14/2016

River House Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful words! We are so happy to have had a part in your beautiful day!

Kristine · Married on 11/05/2016

Everything about the venue and the personnel was a five! My husband (now!) and I don't live in the area and are so lucky we found the River House as our venue. They took care of all our needs. They were always very responsive and answered our questions thoroughly. Our wedding day could not have been better and it is all thanks to this lovely establishment and the service that comes with it!

Sent on 12/15/2016

River House Events's reply:

We are so happy to have been a part of a gorgeous day for a beautiful couple! Best wishes to you!

Aleia · Married on 11/04/2016

The most beautiful venue in saint Augustine! Constance really went above and beyond to help us have the most beautiful wedding of our dreams. She made sure to help us with every little detail and gave us ideas on what to do to make our wedding unique. The venue views are stunning from the dock, to the pavers where the ceremony was held overlooking the Metanzas river and the lighthouse, to the beautiful ballroom. Constance made sure we had time to look over the venue, and answer any question we had, and also helped create the vision we had in mind for our wedding! She also has great opinions on vendors for anything you could think of, and for every budget! Parking was a breeze, as there was plenty of it! I also loved that the bridal room was blocked off so the groom and groomsmen were unable to see any of us, we even had our own private bathroom! Thank you River House and Constance for helping us create the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 11/11/2016

River House Events's reply:

We loved being apart of your special day and thank you for bringing a little bit of Hawai'i to Saint Augustine! Everything was absolutely beautiful!
    E pili mau nâ pômaika`i me `oe! (Best Wishes!)

Danielle · Married on 10/29/2016

This venue was perfect!! Constance is so great and was there for anything and everything I ever needed.

Thank you River House!!

Sent on 11/08/2016

River House Events's reply:

We are so happy to have hosted you and your guests for your special day!

Amanda · Married on 10/22/2016

We loved the River House! Our Guests loved it too! We had really great feedback and everything was perfect : )

Sent on 11/18/2016

River House Events's reply:

We are so happy to have hosted your big day for you and your guests! Best wishes!

Kellie · Married on 10/21/2016

I absolutely LOVED the River House. I looked at several venues, but as soon as I went to see River House, I knew it was the one. The building itself is beautiful and the view of the Matanzas River from the back patio is breathtaking. I wanted something with a historic feel, but still modern enough to not be outdated, and have some sort of scenery. The River House was a home run for me. Constance and the RH staff are so incredibly nice and helpful. She even wrote the sweetest card thanking us for including them in our special day! River House was worth every penny :)

Sent on 11/02/2016

River House Events's reply:

It was our pleasure to host your special day and to share our beautiful view with you and your guests!

Morgan · Married on 10/08/2016

The River House was amazing to work with! On our initial walk thru my husband and I knew as soon as we walked out onto the back patio we had to have our reception there! It is absolutely breathtaking. On our final walk thru a month out - Constance went over ever since detail with us and our wedding planner and caterer. I felt so confident and comfortable after going over everything and knew our wedding day would go off without a hitch. Well -- insert the biggest hitch ever... Hurricane Matthew hit St. Augustine the weekend of our wedding. So after going back and forth with Constance and our other vendors and watching the weather, we all made the agreement that the safest and best decision would be to reschedule for a different weekend. Constance made everything so easy for us to switch and we had everything rescheduled within a couple hours. So our new wedding date came and everything went off without a hitch! It was the most beautiful weather and setting to get married in and we had a blast the entire night. We HIGHLY recommend the River House!!

Sent on 11/08/2016

River House Events's reply:

We are so happy that we were able to reschedule your big day! The day was absolutely beautiful and we couldn't have asked for more perfect weather!

I have only AMAZING things to say about the staff at River House. We had our wedding there on the first weekend of October, and it was absolutely amazing. Not only is the venue gorgeous and well taken care of... but the staff is always ready to help. Constance dealt with my random emails with random questions, and always answered everything quickly and happily. I would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone who wants to create the wedding of their dreams.

Sent on 11/11/2016

River House Events's reply:

Thank you so much and we were happy to host and assist you with your special day!

Ashley · Married on 09/24/2016

The River House is such a picturesque venue with so much to offer! Our guests loved having so much space to explore and spread out, and enjoyed being able to walk down the dock to enjoy some fresh air. Constance is a consummate professional, and has so much experience in the wedding industry! She was such a pleasure to deal with, was very responsive, had answers to all our questions, and made the whole process so simple and straightforward. I would strongly recommend considering the River House if you are looking to get married in St. Augustine! There are many advantages to choosing the River House over other St. Augustine venues, and it is worth your time to take a tour! The venue sells itself and books up far in advance, so make sure you are setting up a tour as soon as possible.

Sent on 10/12/2016

River House Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the amazing review and choosing us as your venue! We very much enjoyed sharing your big day with you and your guests!

John · Married on 07/31/2016

We came upon this venue over the internet and ruled it out because we thought it was out of our budget. However, it really wasn't. It took about 30 minutes to figure out that this venue was well within a reasonable budget. About thirty minutes after viewing the venue, my now husband looked at me while I looked at him and we just knew that this was where we would get married. The rest is and will be history. We are so thankful for such a beautiful place to honor our wedding.

The staff is great, the staging areas were perfect, the bathrooms were super nice (seriously, you want all of these things), and both the outdoor setting and indoor ballroom were beautiful.

Sent on 09/26/2016

River House Events's reply:

Thank you so much! We are happy to have been a part of your very special day!

Lydia · Married on 07/02/2016

This wedding venue has it all! Since I was four years old I spent every summer on St. Augustine Beach. So many monumental moments in my life happened in St. Augustine. When my now husband and I got engaged there in 2015 it was a dream of ours to get married in St. Augustine. Living in Tampa , we visited venue after venue in St. Augustine on the weekends to find our perfect wedding location. When we toured River House with Constance, we knew right away that this venue was "the one". We spent a lot of our time outdoors so the waterfront venue was perfect. The view of the lighthouse and marsh is a view unlike any other in the area. I promise! We had a larger wedding so finding a venue that could easily accommodate over 150 guests in downtown St. Augustine -and offer parking- seemed like a challenge, but River House is perfect for larger celebrations and with more than enough parking onsite it couldn't be any more convenient. We did our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all at the venue and it was everything we dreamed of. The extensive preferred vendor list River House has for their clients has some of the best selections of vendors in the area. Constance and team are extremely easy to work with and are very responsive to the client's needs. I can't singer higher praises for this venue, this is a very special property and if you are planning a wedding in the St. Augustine area I highly recommend you schedule a tour with Constance and check this stunning property out for yourself!

Sent on 07/19/2016

River House Events's reply:

Thank you, Lydia! We are so happy you chose us to host your big day!!
  • O

Olivia · Married on 05/14/2016

The first thing I noticed about this place was how beautiful it was. Every single thing about it is perfectly gorgeous. I first emailed to get prices and yes, it’s a little pricey but it’s most certainly worth it because the place is huge, the views are gorgeous, you get a lot of time there, the chairs, china, tables, table cloths all come with it. Renting that stuff would cost a lot. One thing I loved about it was that the back up plan for rain was still beautiful. Florida summer rain is untrustworthy and getting married inside is almost just as beautiful as outside on the water so that was a huge plus for me. Besides the price though, the people who work there, especially Constance, was amazing. She knew exactly what she was doing. She was great at communication and she had the best ideas. She knew what we should and should do it so it was great. My wedding day was perfect and I had plenty of people come up to me the night of and day after telling me that it was the prettiest venue they have ever seen. I loved everything about the River House and I am so thankful my wedding day was there. The only negative thing I could say about it was that when you put down your deposit, EVEN if something happens on their part: closing, flood, hurricane or the place is destroyed other ways, you don’t get the money back which really irritated us.

Sent on 05/16/2016

River House Events's reply:

Thanks Olivia! We're so glad you enjoyed your special day with us, and we are honored to have been a part of it!

Amazing experience! The team was very responsive and clear with their directions and contract. They were very accommodating to us! They made my day very special!! I would definitely recommend them again!

Sent on 07/04/2016

River House Events's reply:

Thanks so much! So glad we could be a part of your big day!!

beth · Married on 04/16/2016

The best location is St. Augustine to host a wedding reception is The Riverhouse.....tucked away from the noise and crowds this beautiful venue is but a short distance from most area churches yet provides a beautiful water view (you can see the lighthouse across the river) PARKING and complete privacy for your event. The main ballroom is simply gorgeous and the dance floor back drop is a row of windows looking out to the large terrace and water. You really need very little decor as the venue as is is stunning. Caterers have access to a full professional kitchen and their are multiple other rooms that can be used by the bridal party.
    We were so pleased with the staff at the Riverhouse and in particular, Constance who KNOWS all the BEST vendors in the area to use. I would highly recommend this venue as it was outstanding!

Sent on 03/27/2018

River House Events's reply:

Thank you, Beth! You did an amazing job of creating Lauren and Claude's perfect day and we were so happy to be a part of it! We wish them a lifetime of happiness!

Martha · Married on 04/10/2016

My wedding at River House was "over the top!" I even received thank you notes from guests thanking me for inviting them. Constance Wiecking and her staff help you attend to every detail to insure nothing is overlooked. We were so pleased with all of their recommendations. There is no place lovelier in Saint Augustine that the River House to make a wedding memory.

Sent on 05/17/2016

River House Events's reply:

Thank you, Martha! We are so happy we could be a part of your special day! Best wishes to you and Richard!!

Lindsey · Married on 04/09/2016

The River House was the perfect venue! They have a beautiful outdoor ceremony area that perfectly frames the St. Augustine Lighthouse, and a gorgeous reception area. I love the gold chandeliers in the ballroom, the circular dance floor is perfect for you first dance (and pictures), and they allow you to decorate with lights hung over the ballroom and dance floor, which made the venue feel even more magical. We were blessed with amazing weather on our wedding day and the outdoor ceremony was completely perfect. Constance and the River House team were very responsive throughout the planning process and everything went so smoothly on our wedding day. I would highly recommend checking this venue out for your wedding!

Sent on 04/25/2016

River House Events's reply:

Thank you, Lindsey! We are honored that you chose us to host your wedding!

Elisa · Married on 03/26/2016

Amazing wedding venue! Absolutely beautiful location and the most helpful staff. I can not imagine having had my wedding at a more perfect place.

Sent on 05/19/2016

River House Events's reply:

Thanks, Elisa! We're so glad you enjoyed your special day with us!

Allison · Married on 03/19/2016

I loved everything about the River House from the very beginning. Constance and her team were amazing to work with. I honestly don't think there is anywhere better to be married in St. Augstine on the water. My husband and I both agree that are day could not have been more perfect us.

Sent on 09/14/2016

River House Events's reply:

Thank you so much Allison! The pleasure was all ours!

Kacy · Married on 03/13/2016

Not only is River House gorgeous, but Constance and the rest of the River House staff were so great to work with. We booked the ceremony and reception package with serveware, which I definitely recommend for both the savings of an inclusive package and for the ease of having fewer rentals. Constance was extremely helpful and communicative during the planning process. The weather for our brunch wedding fluctuated until the morning of and they carefully monitored the conditions to be ready for any contingency. Fortunately, the rain held off long enough for us to have a beautiful outdoor ceremony and for our guests to enjoy the venue. River House is beautifully designed to facilitate the flow from ceremony to reception. There are SO many great spaces for photos and video, from the fountain to the library to the dock. The flexible venue colors throughout also make it a really great space for whatever your decorative vision is for your wedding. Our guests had a ton of fun and were extremely complimentary about every aspect of our wedding! We couldn't have asked for a more perfect venue to make our wedding day everything we wanted!

Sent on 04/03/2016

River House Events's reply:

Wow, thank you Kacy! We're honored to have been a part of your special day. Congratulations again!

Meaghan · Married on 03/05/2016

The River House team was absolutely wonderful to work with. Constance went above and beyond to help answer any questions that I had throughout the planning process. The night of my event, the River House team was there to help ensure that everything went smoothly. We lucked out and the weather was great, so we were able to have the ceremony outside. There were sailboats anchored all behind the River House, which added such a great touch to our wedding photos. Guests loved the experience of attending a wedding at this location, and many commented on the benefits of having such a large venue with so many separate spaces. It allowed for each guest to enjoy their evening in their own way, rather than everyone in one room together the entire evening. I would recommend considering the small globe lights for the back patio. They look great when they are hung across the back patio when it is dark outside. As far as the value is concerned, the fee to rent the space may seem a little more expensive than some venues in St. Augustine, but I would advise that you take into consideration that the River House provides tables, gold Chiavari chairs, linens, flatware, and glassware. These amenities in addition to having control over the alcohol served at the event make it actually a bit more reasonable than most other St. Augustine venues. If I could go back and plan my wedding again, I would absolutely, without hesitation, choose the River House again.

Sent on 03/23/2016

River House Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the glowing review, Meaghan! We love to hear that your guests had a wonderful experience with River House. We're so happy we could be a part of your special day!

Stacy · Married on 02/13/2016

If you are looking to make St. Augustine your wedding destination, then look no further because the River House is honestly the best venue in this city. Constance and her team are such a pleasure to work with. Constance was so patient and helpful each time we came to walk through and plan. The venue is beautiful regardless, but on your actual wedding day when all the decorations and tables are set, the reception room turns majestic! My family and friends are still talking about how beautiful the venue was. I'm so thankful we chose the River House to celebrate our special day!

Sent on 03/03/2016

River House Events's reply:

Thank you, Stacy! We are honored to have been a part of your big day! So glad that you and your guests enjoyed our beautiful building and "majestic" views!

Monica · Married on 01/17/2016

OBSESSED with this venue! St. Augustine is difficult because there are not many venues and I didn't want to have the same cookie cutter wedding reception as everyone else. But it's truly SO BEAUTIFUL! We hired a trolley to utilize The River House parking and bring our guests back and forth to the Cathedral Basilica. Cost included linens and tables and chairs; for my wedding size this was for sure the most economical.

Sent on 01/25/2016

River House Events's reply:

We are so honored that we could be a part of your special day Monica, thank you for choosing River House!

Kasey · Married on 12/13/2015

The River house is an amazing venue over looking the matanzas bay in beautiful st. Augustine. We fell in love with the place the minute we pulled in, the building has such a beautiful character to it it's hard not to fall in love with it. The staff is also absolutely amazing. They were so helpful in helping us make our day perfect. We would recommend the River House to anyone who wants a great staff and a beautiful venu.

Sent on 01/22/2016

River House Events's reply:

Thank you so much Kasey! We're honored to have been a part of your special day. All the best to you both!!

Kristen · Married on 11/29/2015

The River House is the most spectacular venue in all of St. Augustine. The view is amazing and the inside is beautiful. It is spacious and it is so convenient to have everything in one place with parking issues. Everyone at the River House is very nice and helpful. If I had to do it all over again, I would definitely choose the River House again.

Sent on 12/26/2015

River House Events's reply:

Thank you Kristen! Congratulations again to you both!!

Chelsea · Married on 11/21/2015

Beautiful venue! Constance and the ladies at River House made our special day seamless. The team was incredibly easy to work with and maintained communication throughout the process. All of our out of town guests loved the view of the water and lighthouse that the venue offers. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 12/23/2015

River House Events's reply:

Thank you so much Chelsea! We're lucky to be located in such a beautiful city. Best wishes to you both!