Rising Star Photography Reviews

153 Reviews for Rising Star Photography

• Breanna

Breanna · Married on 03/13/2021

Amazing!!!

Darren and Erin are hands down the best of the best. If we could give them 10 stars on everything we definitely would!!! They are so professional, but ensure that everyone is having a great time. My father in law said it best “a true class act”.
    We met Darren a week before the world shut down with the pandemic. He kept in contact, gave advice, but most importantly was a friend. We made the decision to postpone our reception, but still have our ceremony on our original date. They made it work with their schedule to be there for us. On our wedding day there was transportation issues and Darren and Erin took it upon themselves to drive us back after our second location....who else would do that?! This team is incredible. When we got our photo link we were absolutely blown away! The photos capture not only our day perfectly, but our personalities. Love shines through them. If we had to go back and pick a photographer again, we’d pick them HANDS DOWN. Our wedding was the best day of our life. We walked away from that perfect day married, with incredible photos, and two new wonderful friends. Thank you guys.♥️

Sent on 05/15/2021
  • Julia

Julia H. · Married on 12/31/2020

The absolute best!

We could not be happier with our experience with Rising Star Photography. We knew Darren was the perfect choice as soon as we left our first meeting with him- so much so that we didn't even bother continuing to meet with other photographers. Our gut was right because everything about our day went perfect in a year when nothing else was and I attribute so much of that to Darren and Erin. Darren offered so much helpful advice from thoughts about videographers to navigating several change in plans due to COVID. The day of photos with our families (which are both quite large) went so smoothly and we ended up with photographs that we absolutely adore. We would recommend Rising Star to literally any and everyone we know! They are honest, fair and so professional and their work speaks for itself. Thank you so much Darren & Erin for everything! I truly hope we work with them again someday soon!

Sent on 02/15/2021

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Julia and PJ...thank you so much for the kind review. We were honored to be your wedding photographers. 2020 was such a rough year in the wedding industry, but I wanted to help my clients in any way possible so they could look forward to the biggest day of the life, even in a pandemic. Working with you both was so much fun, and an incredible way to end the year, as we really got creative. My favorite Public Square night shots ever! I am so happy Torey referred us, as the four of us were a perfect match. I look forward to working with and seeing you both again. Love, Darren and Erin.
  • Chloe

Chloe · Married on 10/22/2020

Perfect in EVERY way!

Two reviews here, one from myself and one from my mother.

There is really only one word needed to describe the experience of using Rising Star Photography: effortless.
    I was blown away by how thorough, professional, fun, and easy my entire experience was with Rising Star Photography. I booked my date over a year in advance, long before I had any concrete details of my wedding day planned out. Darren was so helpful and even sent me a suggested wedding day timeline based on his experience with other couples, something that I came to rely on when making plans with other vendors. My husband and I did not get the chance to meet Darren prior to the wedding, but I knew immediately upon our phone call that everything would be perfect. Darren took the time to get to know us, make thoughtful notes about our families (names, relationships, preferred group photos, etc.), and explain every detail of his and Erin's roles during the event.
    On the day of our wedding, I was shocked by how efficiently (and joyfully) Darren and Erin were able to pose, snap, and re-pose every single member of the families and wedding party. In addition, they frequently referred to the folder of "inspiration" photos I had given them before the wedding and made sure to capture every single one. Many of our guests commented on how lovely, entertaining, and professional the photographers were throughout the night, and I have to agree. Even my husband, who despises having his photo taken, had an absolutely wonderful time and felt so relaxed with these photographers. I am so happy to have had Darren and Erin there on our special day. –Chloe C.
    __________________________________________

WOW!!! We LOVE the photos taken at my daughter's wedding! They are absolutely PERFECT! The fall colors are so vivid, the lighting both inside and outside is outstanding. Darren managed to take all of the unique shots that my daughter and son-in-law wanted. Thank you so much for such beautiful photos. We will cherish them forever. Just looking at them brought back the entire day. ❤️❤️❤️
    The photographs are such a HUGE part of the wedding memory and I’m just so glad we found Darren and Erin. They are both true professionals, pleasant AND highly talented. We couldn’t be happier. –Lori S.

Sent on 01/20/2021

Chloe, Chris and Lori:

Thank you for the beautiful reviews. Erin and I are truly humbled. Working with you all was a true blessing from God. We were not able to meet in person before the wedding due to travel and then then pandemic, but meeting you for the first time on your wedding day was so comfortable and perfection. We connected immediately, and felt a part of the family by the end of the evening. Your wedding day will always have a special place in my heart...between the beautiful fall colors and decorations, the laughs and joy we shared, wonderful family members and guests, and my awesome couple that I want to be neighbors with :-) Literally a perfect wedding day that Erin and I were honored to be a part of. We live two hours away, but please stay in touch. We hope to be a part of many more family events. Your friends, Darren and Erin.
  • Sarah

Sarah T. · Married on 10/10/2020

Looking for an amazing photographer- look no longer!

Rising Star Photography with Darren and Erin is hands down the choice you need to make if you're looking for memorable moments and stunning photos! They both are so fun and easy to work with! Never once did we have to worry about them not catching the memories we now have for life! We had an absolute BLAST working with them and they are super affordable. We are in love with the photos they captured and wouldn't change a thing!! CHOOSE RISING STAR PHOTOGRAPHY! I promise you will not be disappointed with Darren and Erin!!

Sent on 11/08/2020

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Sarah and Patrick. What a great year we had between your engagement session and wedding. You are both so much fun to be around and work with. It's been a true pleasure and honor to be a part of these big days in your life. Please stay in touch, and we hope to see you at future weddings. Your friends, Darren and Erin.

Ashley B. · Married on 09/12/2020

Great Experience!

From our engagement session last fall to our wedding this fall, Darren & Erin were truly a pleasure to work with! They were so fun, friendly, and professional. They made the whole experience very enjoyable, especially for my husband who hates taking photos! You can tell that they both genuinely enjoy doing what they do, which makes a big difference - it feels more like hanging out with friends than just doing a formal photo shoot! Both of our families even commented on how friendly and fun they were to work with. I guess we'll have to throw random events in the future just so we can work with them again!

Sent on 09/28/2020

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Awww, thank you Ashley. I agree, we have to work with you and Jonathan again. Erin and I had a blast working with you both the last year. You are just the cutest couple and naturals in front of the camera, which really allowed us to get creative. We just love you both. Your engagement session and wedding day will go down on our favorites list, and I we will always look back on both of them with huge smiles. We just loved your families as well. Could not ask for better days. Your friends, Darren and Erin.

Samantha D. · Married on 09/05/2020

Our favorite vendor!!

Darren and Erin were a perfect addition to our wedding. They fit in with the feel of the night perfectly and made taking pictures at a crowded winery fun and comfortable. We also had to postpone our wedding due to covid and Darren was the only vendor to reach out and ask how we were doing and give us advice. After that, we made sure Darren and Erin fit into our new plans and it was the right call. All our guests mentioned how fun the photographers were and they were an integral part in making our wedding exactly what we wanted! I couldn't imagine the night without them!

Sent on 09/27/2020

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Samantha and Michael. March 2020 the world changed with Covid, resulting with many postponed weddings and heartbreak. My vow to my couples was that I was going to be there for them every step of the way during the new date transition. In the end, your new venue (winery) and date was a blessing. What a gorgeous day it was, and lowering the guest total provided a more intimate atmosphere and even more fun and laughs. Truly a blessed day! Erin and I just love you both, and photographing your wedding was absolutely one of our true joys of 2020. Your friends, Darren and Erin.
  • Margo

Margo · Married on 08/21/2020

AMAZING experience with Darren & Erin

My husband and I used Darren and Erin for our engagement and our wedding photos and it was the best decision we ever made! They are both so friendly, energetic and creative and our photos turned out better than we could have ever asked for! They were so helpful in the wedding planning process and did their very best to make sure our day was exactly how we wanted it! We could call them any time, to ask any question, and they were extremely responsive. It made the whole process run so smooth. We are so grateful to have had them a part of our wedding! We recommend them to everyone looking for a photographer!

Sent on 09/21/2020

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Margo and Mike. Erin and I are truly humbled. Working with you both the last year has been so much fun. You are such a wonderful couple, and I knew the minute we met we would make the best team. I am so happy we have another wedding in the family next year, and we get to see each other again and make more memories. Love and friendship, Darren and Erin.
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 08/15/2020

The best photographer ever

Darren and Erin were so amazing. They made us feel so wonderful on our wedding day. The pictures were flawless and everything I imagined they would be. Working with them was so special. Truly they are amazing people and I am so happy to be able to now call them my friends. I am so glad that I stumbled across there page on the knot! I could not recommend them more. Call ASAP as they book quickly you will not regret it!

Sent on 09/13/2020

Rising Star Photography's reply:

I am truly humbled Jessica and Drew. Thank you for the kind words. From the moment I met you both, I knew we were meant to work together...we connected on every level. Working with you both was just the best! Truly blessed days full of smiles, laughter, good times and incredible memories. Love you both, and have two wonderful friends. Darren

Alexandria H. · Married on 08/08/2020

Great Duo!

Darren and Erin were a great team to work with on our wedding day and both have such fun personalities. We didn't have any ideas for photo locations and Darren gave location suggestions with great textures making for some absolutely beautiful pictures. Having a second photographer to catch candids and different angles made for some of the best photos. Darren always responded promptly and returned our wedding day album in record time. They are a wonderful and easy group to work with and I highly recommend them for your big day!

Sent on 10/25/2020

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Lexie and Rick. God brought us together through Faith and Barndon's wedding, and I am so happy you had such a beautiful day for your wedding. Erin and I just loved working with you both, your bridal party and your families. Truly a day to treasure. It's been an honor, and I hope to see you at future weddings. Your friends, Darren and Erin.
  • Brittany

Brittany M. · Married on 08/01/2020

The absolute best!

Darren and Erin are the absolute best. Planning a wedding during the pandemic was hard, and Darren would always be in contact during the entire process and was very flexible. He and Erin are so professional, so nice, and so FUN. My husband typically isn't a fan of taking pictures, but had a blast during the engagement session and taking all the pictures on our wedding day! Darren also has the best recommendations for photo locations so I didn't have to look up tons of places. Highly recommend, and will definitely use them again in the future!!!

Sent on 08/17/2020

Rising Star Photography's reply:

I am truly humbled Brittany and Chris. Thank you for the kind words. It has been one crazy year that no one saw coming, but you did everything correctly and had a spectacular wedding. Erin and I were honored to be a part of it. I always enjoyed our conversations and brainstorming sessions. I can not wait to work with you both in the future. Your friend, Darren.
  • Brittany

Brittany Z. · Married on 03/28/2020

Out of this world!

I found Rising Star Photography back in 2016 at the Michaud's Bridal Show when my sister was engaged. We approached their booth, and they were the friendliest, most outgoing photographers at the show. My sister immediately booked them for her wedding. My sister got married October of 2017, and I knew the night of her wedding that I would be hiring Rising Star Photography for my future wedding. The bridal party had so much fun with Darren and his team, and you could tell they were having a blast also. Less than a year later, I got engaged and called Darren immediately to book him for my wedding date. My husband and I were set to be married March 28th, 2020. Exactly three weeks before our wedding, our venue caught on fire. Darren and his team immediately offered his assistance to help us find a new venue in such a short amount of time. A week later we planned another reception at a different venue, but that venue ended up falling through. Again Darren was there to help us find another venue. He reassured me everything would work out, and our wedding day would still be perfect (and in the end he was right). We found the the final venue and planned our third reception. It was nice working with him as we planned all three receptions because, he had experience at all three venues we chose. Not even a couple days later everything was shut down due to Covid-19, therefore my husband and I made the decision to postpone. Darren was there for us every step of the way. Throughout our entire engagement, chaos of the fire, and chaos of the virus he remained professional, supportive, and felt like a friend who just wanted the best for my husband and I. At the end of April I reached out to Darren because my husband and I decided we did not want to plan a fourth wedding. I asked Darren if him and his team would be able to take photos of our church ceremony than do portraits afterwards. I remember telling my husband if Darren cannot come take photos of our wedding, I do not want to get married yet. At that point I had already given up our dream wedding, I was not about to give up the beautiful photos I knew Darren and his team would capture. Thankfully, Darren and Erin were able to come take photos for our very intimate church ceremony with just our immediate families on May 9th. Although our wedding day only lasted a couple hours, we still got hundreds of photos from our special day. Our wedding was not a “normal” due to Covid-19, but Darren and Erin still made us feel so special and made sure we had an amazing day. I am so thankful they were able to take our engagement photos, wedding photos. I will forever cherish all of the amazing photos and memories they captured during these very tough times. I can’t wait to use Rising Star Photography again for our upcoming maternity and family photos!

If you are in need of a photographer, please contact Rising Star Photography! I promise Darren and his team will not disappoint you. They are fun, professional, and they TRULY care about each and every one of their couples!

Sent on 12/13/2020

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Brittany and Ryan...2020 was such a rough and unexpected year for so many couples, but I was literally in tears over what happened to you both. You are just a wonderful couple, and we have shared some incredible photoshoots together, including your engagement session on a picture perfect winter day, where we utilized your high school pictures in a very creative way. I care about my couples so much, so when all these circumstances affected your wedding date, I didn't even have to think...I wanted to help you every step of the way. I can't wait for our maternity session next year and welcome your son or daughter a couple months later, and continue these special moments in your family. Luv you both, Darren.

Courtney G. · Married on 02/08/2020

One of the best planning decisions we made was Rising Star Photography!

Darren and Erin were the photographers for my wedding in February of 2020. They were with us every step of the way. We met them at a bridal show and immediately clicked! We decided soon after meeting them that they were who we wanted to capture the precious moments of our special day.

Rising Star was easily one of the best decisions we made during wedding planning. Darren kept in touch through the process to make sure everything was going smoothly. He and Erin were honest with us when we asked for guidance for day of timeline planning and it helped so much. They were so real with us and we valued that immensely.

Our wedding day went by in the blink of an eye. They captured everything and even the things that we missed in the rush of the whole day. The photos they captured are beyond stunning and they’re better than I could have ever imagined. We are absolutely in love with our images and will relive the day through these photos for the rest of our lives.

We are so happy that we chose Rising Star Photography. If you want vendors who are professional, fun, animated, energetic, honest, and provide incredible results- they’re for you. They started as our vendors and they are now our friends. We will absolutely be using them for future milestones.

Thank you, Darren and Erin!

-Courtney & Tyler
    February 8, 2020

Sent on 02/27/2020

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Courtney and Tyler...thank you so much for the kind words. Erin and I are truly humbled. I will never forget meeting you at the bridal show, and just knowing after even a minute that we were the perfect fit. The last year working with you both has been so much fun, and your wedding day was such a blessing. Erin and I love you both, and are so grateful to have worked with such a wonderful couple, gaining two wonderful friends. We know we will see you both at future events, and I am so happy about that. Friends always, Darren and Erin.
  • Kriszti

Kriszti R. · Married on 11/16/2019

We LOVED RisingStar Photography!

My sister got married in 2018 and used Darren and Erin. When I met them that day, I knew that they would be our photographer for my wedding. As soon as my husband and I got engaged we contacted Darren and he was luckily available! He and Erin are so personable and easy to communicate with. They made our entire experience seamless, beautiful and perfect. We did an engagement shoot (which I HIGHLY recommend), in March and it was the best time. It was like 4 friends hanging out. We were comfortable the whole time and the pictures came out amazing. Darren was very patient and flexible with us as we had to change our date for engagement photos many times. Between that time of our engagement session and wedding day, Darren kept in touch with us as we got closer. We met right before the wedding and he spent a lot of time with us making sure our day would be perfect. Boy, did he deliver! At the end of the day, I can truly say that Darren and Erin are apart of our family. We were so happy to have them apart of our story and our wedding day. I HIGHLY recommend Rising Star Photography to anyone looking for someone with who exudes positivity and kindness throughout the whole experience!

Sent on 04/21/2020

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Kriszti and Andrew. Erin and I are truly humbled. You both, and your family, have become family to us, and we have shared so many special moments. I completely agree when you said during your engagement session was like 4 friends hanging out...it was completely natural, as was your incredible wedding day. Love you both. Darren and Erin
  • Jennifer

Jennifer S. · Married on 11/09/2019

Truly remarkable!

Darren and Erin were sooooo amazing to work with! They listened to what my groom and I wanted and made it a reality! We got married in November and it was super chilly that day but they stuck it out with us in the cool weather to get the outdoor shots that we really wanted! Overall remarkable experience and remarkable people to work with!

Sent on 04/02/2020

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Jennifer. You and Kevin are such a wonderful couple, and it was an honor to photograph your wedding day. It was cold, but beautiful sunshine, and the saving grace for outdoor pictures was the courtyard...where the blossoms matched perfectly with your wedding colors, and the granite wall supplying a huge relief to the cold wind. Everyone was a trooper and we had a blessed day. Please stay in touch, and we can not wait to see you both at future weddings/events. Your friends, Darren and Erin.
  • Maxwell

Maxwell H. · Married on 10/26/2019

The most amazing people we ever became friends with

Where to start with Darren and Erin? My wife and I were like any other couple, searching and comparing all the different vendors, one of which was the photographer. When we first met Darren and Erin we had a great feeling about them. Fast forward to our first meeting and we spent over 2 hours talking to them. We probably would have stayed longer if we didn't have venues to go look at! Since the day we said yes to them, its been nothing but enjoyable and if we had to do it all over again we would take them without a doubt. They are very good at what they do and they make the picture taking fun and it never seemed to get old with them. They have endless experience so when they have recommendations, I recommend you listen, it will be beyond worth it :) I literally could write a novel about these guys, I have friends getting married soon and after seeing these guys at our wedding, they asked about using them too. Out of all the vendors these are the people I looked forward to meeting up with and discussing the big day, bummer that its over and we don't text practically every day. But we now have lifelong friends and I am so incredibly grateful for them. Do yourself a favor and call Darren and tell him what you want, he will give you that and so much more.

Sent on 12/10/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Max and Taylor...Erin and I are truly humbled for over your incredible review. From the moment we met, I always felt like there was something much deeper occurring, as though we were related somehow. The camaraderie, laughter, understanding and connection was just off the charts. Like you said, there is just simply way too much to say, as we have shared so many incredible moments together from our meetings, to your engagement photoshoot, wedding, and even phone calls to be honest. It's been a true pleasure my friends, and we know we have friends that are like family in Detroit. We are always here for you and can't wait to share more special moments in the family. Love, Darren and Erin.

Kevin D. · Married on 10/12/2019

Fantastic Photographers

Darren and Erin were both so easy and pleasant to work with. He answered any and all questions we had almost always right away. They made us and our bridal parties feel comfortable during the pictures l, and truly captured some amazing shots. And unlike a lot of the other photographers my wife checked out at bridal shows, who only send 1 photographer, and charge you extra for a second, Darren and Erin come together, no paying extra for a needed second photographer, because he understands that in order to get the best shots for your wedding it is necessary to have a second photographer. Not only that, they both stay until the end of the reception, making sure they capture every moment of the party. That's not even the best part, we had our wedding October 12, and Darren had our pictures ready for us in just over a month, and we were able to show our families during Thanksgiving! We cant say enough great things about Darren and Erin, they are true professionals who are passionate about getting you the best quality photos possible, and they have a great time doing it.

Sent on 12/17/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Kevin and Alexa: thank you so much for the kind words. We had two incredible days in 2019 between Sarah's wedding and your wedding. I am so happy we met, and we really connected with your families as well. These are special times, and we were honored to be your photographers. I know there will be more days in future we share. Count on us anytime. Your friends, Darren an Erin.

Aut K. · Married on 10/04/2019

The absolute best!

Darren and Erin were an absolute blast and the best! There are not words to describe how amazing this team really was. Darren helped me finalize my wedding day timeline and was always there if I had questions! Such amazing people honestly. They picked up on the vibe of my wedding guests and wedding party when taking pictures! My wedding group were such goofs and had such a grand time doing group pictures because of our photographers here! The pictures turned out amazing just the same! Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 12/28/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the warmhearted review Autumn and Jake. I love how you said Erin and I picked up on the vibe on your bridal party, because it's so important for us to capture natural personalities, and not fake, staged pictures. It was so much fun working with you both and your bridal party, and the groomsmen supplied one of the biggest laughs ever in my career...literally lung-hurting laughter. What an incredible day I will never forget. Please stay in touch and we hope to see you at future weddings and events. Your friends, Darren and Erin.
  • Alexa

Alexa · Married on 09/28/2019

Perfection! Absolutely amazing!

Darren and Erin with Rising Star Photography are absolute professionals and an extremely fun team to work with! They made our engagement session a blast, when my husband was somewhat skeptical beforehand about it. ;P He ended up having so much fun and loved it! We knew if our engagement session was this incredible, then our wedding was going to be even more so. Our entire wedding party enjoyed working with them during our special day as well! Everyone could not wait to see how the pictures turned out! Our wedding was a dream come true and they captured every element of it! Their pictures and editing skills are AMAZING! My husband and myself do not have enough good things to say about Rising Star Photography. They were the most affordable photography team that offered 2 photographers and stayed with you your entire day from start to finish. They are super easy to talk to, flexible on days/hours/times, and truly look out for the best locations/weather/etc. when it comes to your photography sessions. My sister is even going to work with them for her senior pictures! Our family absolutely adores them and speaks very highly of them too. We have developed a friendship with them both and look forward to having more professional photos taken by them in the future! :) We recommend them to all of our family and friends seeking professional photographers, and now, myself and my husband, are HIGHLY recommending Rising Star Photography to you! You will NOT be disappointed! :)

Sent on 11/13/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Alexa and Alex...we just love you both. Thank you so much for the kind words and thorough review. I am truly humbled. Working with you both the last two years has simply been a dream come true. The times we have shared have been priceless. After all, I actually have a behind-the-scenes picture on my website from your engagement session as a feature picture...that is how much fun we have had. There is simply way to much to say, but I know God brought us together and that there will be many more special times in the future. Thank you so much. Love, Darren and Erin
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 09/21/2019

Simply the best!

Darren is absolutely wonderful! He did our engagement photos as well as our wedding and we could not be more pleased. His price is very reasonable, especially for his quality, and he is very upfront about the costs. He was very flexible, willing to meet halfway for meetings which with our busy schedule we were really appreciative of. He always made us feel extremely comfortable, knew the perfect kind of posing to make both of us look great. His assistant Erin helped with our wedding and took pictures while I got ready in the bridal suite and made me feel extremely comfortable as well. I can't speak enough about how wonderful Darren is. Photos are one of the only things you have left after everything is over to remember the day and we couldn't be happier with the way ours turned out! Seriously, Darren is the best, no need to look anywhere else!

Sent on 11/12/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Tiffany and Steven...thank you for the wonderful review. I am truly humbled, and so blessed to work with the best couples. I remember after your engagement session at Kent State the feeling I had of being so comfortable working with you both. We had a blast that day, and your wedding day was so comfortable, stress-free and just perfect. You are such a wonderful couple and it's been an honor and pleasure working with you the last year. I hope we see each other at future weddings and events. Your friends, Darren and Erin.
  • Andrew

Andrew D. · Married on 09/09/2019

Exceptional photography!

Darren and Erin were a delight to work with! Both are incredibly enthusiastic and passionate about their work, and captured some truly beautiful memories of our wedding. They were creative in the shots they wanted to capture, and rolled with our unique ( re: Star Wars-inspired) props and requests. We would highly recommend them to anyone that wants a wonderful and beautiful way to remember their special day!

Sent on 11/02/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you for the beautiful review Andrew and Ariadney. I am so happy we met through Meagan and Nick, and Erin and I just loved working with you both. Your wedding had everything...style, romance, elegance, humor, picture-perfect weather, and then throw in the awesome Star Wars props for an extra dose of fun and fantasy. Cap the evening with some of the best dancing of the year, and every element made for the best wedding. Erin and I were honored to be a part of your wedding day, and gained two wonderful friends. Always here for you both, Darren and Erin.

Alyssa · Married on 09/07/2019

Absolutely incredible!!

Choosing Rising Star Photography as our photographers for our wedding was by far the best choice we could have made! They were incredibly kind, responsive, and just so joyful to be around! They always responded to my texts and emails in an incredibly timely manner which kept my stress level down! They had many meetings with my husband and I to help make sure they understood the vision we had for the day! They also took the time to get to know us personally which I found to be so thoughtful! It made the photo sessions so fun and enjoyable! The quality of the photographs is also beyond incredible! If you are a bride looking for incredible photographers, Rising Star Photography is where you should go! They are very affordable and they work with you to help meet any of your needs! You will love Darren and Erin from the moment you meet them and they will help capture every moment of your special day!

Sent on 12/17/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

And we love you Alyssa and Nate. You are two of the nicest people on earth. Thank you for this wonderful review. I am so happy we met though a previous bride and groom, as we shared some incredible moments in 2019. Your wedding day was just perfection, and working with you both and your bridal party was everything I knew it would be and more. I hope we have many more great moments together. Thank you so much. Your friends, Darren and Erin.
  • Alexis

Alexis · Married on 09/01/2019

Extraordinary

We met Darren and Erin two years prior to our wedding date. From day one they treated us as though we were family, not customers. Darren and Erin were the perfect addition to our wedding. From engagement photos, that we could not stop laughing and smiling, to our wedding day in which they were as excited as us. During the two years, we always felt like a priority and never a burden when asking any question, they were quick to calm an anxious brides nerves! Darren and Erin are extremely professional, quick to respond and are easy to work with. If you want to have difficulty picking your favorite photo of your memory, this is the vendor to pick.

Sent on 10/07/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Alexis and Cory. Working with you both the last two years has been absolutely wonderful. We've gotten to know each other so well that I feel like you are my brother and sister. So many great times between your wedding, engagement session, meetings, and the bridal shows. We love you both, and will always cherish these times. Darren and Erin.
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 08/31/2019

We found the perfect photographers :)

Words cannot express how happy I am that we picked Rising Star Photography as our wedding photographer. Darren and Erin did a fantastic job of making everyone comfortable, which was huge as my husband is quite camera shy; they even got my grandparents to smile! To do this, both photographers meet with you to discuss the wedding day. They learn family names, help with the day-of timeline, discuss any “extra” events taking place (such as first-looks or in our case, a surprise ring for my husband during the ceremony), provide advice and options based on past weddings, and just take the time to make you feel comfortable about the entire day. Which takes me to the wedding day…

We had a themed wedding, which both Erin and Darren dressed to! When they arrived at the house, they were calm and kept everyone on track, very subtly. I’ve been part of other weddings where we were and hour behind and while the photographer did who knows what on his phone. We had a last minute change of plans with our first look due to weather which meant our entire family was around. Since my husband is shy, Erin and Darren helped get them out of the room without offending them to allow us to have our private moment. With tensions being so high on wedding days, it is great that they are willing to step in when something needs to change. For the ceremony, Darren and Erin give a couple pieces of advice to remember when putting on rings and for the first kiss to make sure you get the photos you want. Along with this advice, they also give the perfect amount of direction where you are not spending 10 minutes getting into an awkward position, but are also not left with no direction and wondering if you look okay. I’ve been in both these positions at a wedding before and can ensure you that the photos do not look good and it is a miserable experience – that Darren and Erin will avoid at all costs. Throughout the reception, photos were taken of me that I had no idea took place, which is great because everyone was able to be themselves.

There is nothing worse than having a camera thrusted in your face while you are dancing, which I have had happen to me at other people’s weddings. Our photos are phenomenal and we found our photographer for life. Rising Star Photography is exactly what we wanted for our wedding day and I have provided their contact information to friends as a recommendation.

Sent on 05/20/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review Julie. You and Justin are two of the nicest people on earth, and it was such a pleasure and honor to be a part of your wedding day. From the Harry Potter theme, to your incredible families, and my awesome couple, it was truly a blessed day in every way. I have really enjoyed working with you both the last year and look forward to seeing you in the future. Your friend, Darren.

Meghan J. · Married on 08/17/2019

Perfect Photographers for our Perfect Day!

Darren and Erin were absolutely amazing! They were great with the planning process, helping up narrow down our favorite spots for photos! They were both up beat and getting the group moving for some amazing photos. Darren personally came and met us to deliver the photos! Overall it was an amazing experience and we're so happy to go with Risingstar Photography! I would recommend them 1,000 times over again!

Sent on 10/10/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Meghan and Rory. Erin and I had so much fun working with you both and your bridal party. We will remember so much, from your absolutely gorgeous church ceremony, to a rockin' reception, and the original compositions of the boat ride from Whiskey Island to the yacht club. It's been an honor and a pleasure. Your friends, Darren and Erin.