Rising Star Photography Reviews

Rising Star Photography 5
Rising Star Photography 6
Rising Star Photography 7

Michael Flanagan · Getting married on 12/11/2019

Amazing and memorable the whole day long!

Working with Darren and Erin was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day. They were super flexible and worked with us using our vision and their experience to plan out enough time for all the pictures we wanted and needed while avoiding rushing the day or too much down time. Day of, they took great care to be part of the background but grab all the important moments before and during the ceremony and during the reception. After our wedding, Darren kept us updated on status and got us our pictures extremely quickly (about 3 week turnaround for over 500 pictures). Beyond the photos themselves, Darren and Erin were a lot of fun to work with and we were very happy that they were a part of our wedding day.

Sent on 05/31/2019
    Rising Star Photography 8

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Michael and Morgan. I will always have incredible memories from your wedding day...how much fun you both were to work with, how beautiful the Brooker Building was decorated for Christmas, and a 100% rockin' reception at Springvale. From start to finish, it was truly a blessed day. I will miss you both living in Denver, but really hope to see you again at a future wedding. Thank you so much. Your friends, Darren and Erin.
  • Julie

Julie · Getting married on 08/31/2019

We found the perfect photographers :)

Words cannot express how happy I am that we picked Rising Star Photography as our wedding photographer. Darren and Erin did a fantastic job of making everyone comfortable, which was huge as my husband is quite camera shy; they even got my grandparents to smile! To do this, both photographers meet with you to discuss the wedding day. They learn family names, help with the day-of timeline, discuss any “extra” events taking place (such as first-looks or in our case, a surprise ring for my husband during the ceremony), provide advice and options based on past weddings, and just take the time to make you feel comfortable about the entire day. Which takes me to the wedding day…

We had a themed wedding, which both Erin and Darren dressed to! When they arrived at the house, they were calm and kept everyone on track, very subtly. I’ve been part of other weddings where we were and hour behind and while the photographer did who knows what on his phone. We had a last minute change of plans with our first look due to weather which meant our entire family was around. Since my husband is shy, Erin and Darren helped get them out of the room without offending them to allow us to have our private moment. With tensions being so high on wedding days, it is great that they are willing to step in when something needs to change. For the ceremony, Darren and Erin give a couple pieces of advice to remember when putting on rings and for the first kiss to make sure you get the photos you want. Along with this advice, they also give the perfect amount of direction where you are not spending 10 minutes getting into an awkward position, but are also not left with no direction and wondering if you look okay. I’ve been in both these positions at a wedding before and can ensure you that the photos do not look good and it is a miserable experience – that Darren and Erin will avoid at all costs. Throughout the reception, photos were taken of me that I had no idea took place, which is great because everyone was able to be themselves.

There is nothing worse than having a camera thrusted in your face while you are dancing, which I have had happen to me at other people’s weddings. Our photos are phenomenal and we found our photographer for life. Rising Star Photography is exactly what we wanted for our wedding day and I have provided their contact information to friends as a recommendation.

Sent on 05/20/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review Julie. You and Justin are two of the nicest people on earth, and it was such a pleasure and honor to be a part of your wedding day. From the Harry Potter theme, to your incredible families, and my awesome couple, it was truly a blessed day in every way. I have really enjoyed working with you both the last year and look forward to seeing you in the future. Your friend, Darren.

Sarah James · Married on 06/21/2019

Amazing! Best photographers!

Darren & Erin are amazing! The only photographers we met with while we were looking. They make sure every picture you want is covered, take down the names of those you want to be photographed with, and so much more. They leave you absolutely stress free for the day. Erin helped me with my dress throughout the day and they are both just genuinely nice people who do awesome work. My mom even mentioned how nice they were and how they felt like family for the day. They have great ideas for photos from fun to serious & cover everything. If you want amazing photos, no stress, and a fun day.. go with rising star!

Sent on 06/26/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the awesome review Sarah. This means even more to me that you wrote this right after the wedding and before your honeymoon. You are literally one of the nicest persons on the face of the earth, and it was our honor to photograph your wedding. Working with you and Phil was wonderful, and we had a touching moment stopping by Phil's grandfather's house. All this, and literally a picture perfect day..the best weather day of 2019. I can't wait to see you both at Alexa's wedding in October. Your friends, Darren and Erin.

Anna · Married on 06/08/2019

Great Quality! Fantastic duo to work with!

Darren and Erin were wonderful to work with! They were there every step of the way to help make sure our wedding day went smoothly and exactly how they wanted it to. They gave us tips for everything from the limo, to the cake, DJs and more, which really made the entire wedding planning so much easier! They were flexible with our schedule in setting up times to meet leading up to the wedding. On the wedding day, they helped to make sure everything went smoothly and we got all of the pictures in that we wanted. The day and location for our pictures was absolutely beautiful and they captured the day exquisitely! They were both so easy to work with throughout the day making sure everyone was having a good time and that the pictures never looked forced. We had so much fun with them and could not be happier with the way the pictures came out. We love them all and the quality is great! Also, we got our pictures back in a timely manner which we really appreciated. Would definitely go with them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Anna. Erin and I just loved working with you, Max and your bridal party. It was a beautiful day, loaded with lots of fun, and the whole process of working with you both was perfection. This is how a stress-free wedding is done, and we were honored to be a part of it. Your friends, Darren and Erin.
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 05/25/2019

Highly recommend!

We had such a great experience with Darren and Erin both for our engagement photo shoot as well as our wedding day! They really took the time to get to know us during our engagement shoot which made our wedding day so easy and enjoyable. We have so many favorite pictures from both shoots to have to cherish!

Sent on 06/24/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

It's been a lot of fun the last year Jennifer and Tim, and a small world where we ended up knowing some of the same people. Erin and I were honored to be your wedding and engagement photographers, and we are very happy we met. Wonderful times! Please stay in touch. Thank you so much. Your friends, Darren and Erin.
  • Alison

Alison · Married on 05/17/2019

Absolutely amazing experience!

My husband and I met Darren and Erin at a bridal show and we felt an instant connection with them. They made us feel so comfortable and they have so much experience we had a lot of confidence booking them. We did an engagement shoot with them first and we had a blast with both of them! Darren has so much experience and he helped us work through a lot of the details of the wedding which honestly helped us create our entire day. Darren was always very easy to get a hold of and definitely shows that he cares about the couples he works with to make sure their big day is exactly as they want. He is organized and well experienced so we had complete confidence our pictures would turn out amazing. Honestly, when we had something unexpected come up about the wedding, I knew we could talk it out with Darren and he would help us figure it out and everything would be okay. As a bride, I cannot express how comforting and amazing it was to have a vendor that we knew we could reach out to and would help with any issues that came up. Talk about peace of mind! The actual wedding experience with them was perfect. I cannot say enough good things! We truly felt so comfortable with them and had a blast taking pictures. A lot of our family and bridal party complimented their professionalism and fun attitudes all day. Our wedding pictures turned out absolutely beautiful. We could not ask for better pictures. We will cherish these pictures for the rest of our life and will always be grateful to Rising Star for all their hard work. Their quality of work and professionalism is bar none. I would absolutely recommend Rising Star to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Ali and Tyler: Erin and I were so touched by your review. We love our couples so much and go out of our way to help them in any way, and to hear that in your own words was so special to us. Thank you. What an incredible two years we had from meeting at the bridal show, to your engagement photoshoot, fun meetings, and a perfect wedding day with classic theming. You are such a wonderful couple, and Erin and I will always cherish these timeless moments. Thank you so much Ali and Tyler. Friends always, Darren and Erin.
  • Jessica

Jessica Davide · Married on 05/11/2019

Exceeded Expectations!!!

Darren and Erin were absolutely fantastic to work with! Our photos turned out incredible and they truly captured our happiness throughout the day. They made everyone feel so comfortable and not only acted as our photographers but were willing to jump in and help with anything we needed. For anyone in the Northeast Ohio area needing a wedding photographer I could not recommend these two any more! We received our online gallery very quickly after the wedding which was awesome. Rising Star Photography you rock!!

Sent on 06/10/2019
    Rising Star Photography 9
    Rising Star Photography 10
    Rising Star Photography 11

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Jessica...thank you so much for the kind words. Even though you live in Columbus, and I did not meet you and Jason until your wedding day, I felt like I knew you both once we did meet. It was so natural. We had wonderful conversations and a Facebook consultation, and many smiles and laughs along the way. Erin and I were honored to be your photographers, and I will never forget your special day from the perfect weather, to gorgeous locations, and my awesome couple. Truly a blessed day! Your friends, Darren and Erin.

Lauren Glinn · Married on 04/26/2019

Indescribable

I do not even know where to begin... I’ve never met someone new and had them feel like family 24 hours later. Darren and Erin are the most fun loving, easy going, on-the-ball people we have ever met. They helped my husband and I lay out our whole day and made sure it ran so smoothly. They were a complete BLAST to work with and make the whole day about US! Out of every detail of our wedding, our photographers were the thing people commented on most. How they stayed out of the way but still interacted effortlessly with guests. How they remembered everyone’s name after the first encounter. I cannot even begin to say enough wonderful things about Darren and Erin. STOP HERE IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A PHOTOGRAPHER!! I PROMISE YOU HAVE FOUND THE ONE!!!!

Sent on 05/13/2019
    Rising Star Photography 16
    Rising Star Photography 17
    Rising Star Photography 18

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Lauren and Ryan...working with you both was simply the best! Erin and I are still smiling over your wedding. I completely agree, when we left the wedding, we felt like your family was our family. Throw in an incredible bridal party that had fun and respect every second, beautiful locations, and the permanent smiles of you both, and it was a perfect wedding day. I am so glad Cady and Josh introduced us, as we not only walked away with incredible memories, but a great friendship. Love, Darren and Erin.
  • Kaylee

Kaylee · Married on 03/02/2019

Darren and Erin are absolutely amazing!!

There really are no words to describe how absolutely amazing Darren and Erin are! When we first started looking for photographers for our wedding, we were so nervous that we wouldn’t find the right fit. After meeting with a few photographers initially, we didn’t really feel comfortable or excited about any of our options. Then we met Darren and Erin. We immediately clicked with them because of how down-to-earth and friendly they were. Not to mention, the examples of prior wedding photos they brought with them were nothing short of phenomenal.

After making the no-brainer decision to hire Rising Star as our wedding photographer, Darren and Erin were amazing with their communication and flexibility. For our engagement photo shoot, there were a few specific styles of pictures we really liked, and Darren and Erin made it a priority of theirs to make sure we got those exact styles and were happy with them. During the engagement photo session, they both made us feel so at ease and we had an absolute blast with them! The engagement photos ended up being better than we could have ever imagined!

We met with them about two weeks before the wedding to finalize all details and get ready for the big day! They were so organized and helpful during that session, giving us some much needed advice about how to make the day go a little smoother (and they were absolutely right!).

We had a very early start to our wedding day, but that was no problem for them at all! They made our morning so special, and because we were so comfortable with them, it helped us feel calm on a very stressful day! We really did ask a lot of them, but not once did it ever feel like there was going to be a problem. Erin was so sweet and helpful with my bridesmaids and I, and Darren and my husband, Gavin (and his groomsmen), had a blast! We asked for a long day of pictures, but it honestly flew by because of how much fun we had! They both did an amazing job getting every picture we wanted, and had some very creative and fun ideas!

We seriously could go on and on about Darren and Erin! They made our day even more special than we could have ever imagined! Thank you both so much!!

Sent on 03/16/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review Kaylee and Gavin. What a blessed wedding day! I loved how you summed up the various components of the last year. Erin and I felt so comfortable with you both the day we met, and a friendship grew quickly at our engagement session at Hillbrook. We have shared some incredible moments the last year I will remember always. There is simply too much to say (including a bridal party photographers dream of), but I think your students and family summed it up the best at the church...you are so loved because there is only one Kaylee and Gavin. Friends always. Darren and Erin.

Angela · Married on 01/05/2019

a perfect team to work with!

I cannot say enough how happy I was to find Darren and Erin for my wedding photographers. We met at the IX bridal show, and honestly, we clicked right away! They were personable and funny and super kind, and my now husband and I knew we were going to pick them. Darren and Erin both were not only great photographers, but they were both SO helpful on the day of. Erin even got me water when I was in the middle of family photos! I want everyone to know that Rising Star Photography is 100% the best choice for photographers, for weddings and other events as well! You can trust that your pictures will be amazing and they will not let you down. I love them both so much!

Sent on 03/18/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

And we love you Angela and Devin. What an awesome year we had, from an instant connection at the IX Show, to a perfect evening at Wade Park for your engagement session, and then a beautiful, almost spring-like day for your January wedding. We shared so many great times, conversations, smiles and laughs. It's been an honor, and I can not wait to work with you both again. Your friends, Darren and Erin.
  • Meagan

Meagan · Married on 12/28/2018

I can't say enough good things

Darren and Erin were two of my favorite vendors to work with for my entire wedding. Not only are they amazingly professional in the breadth and scope of their photos, they really took the time to get to know me and my now husband as individuals. They let us set the pace and tone of the day, and remembered every request and concern we had given at our final meeting before the wedding. They gave us great direction to get the perfect shot and angle, but also allowed our emotions and personalities to shine through. Their efficiency and productivity is unmatched, and allowed us to stay on schedule the entire day. They cared about us and our relationship on a personal level and made us feel like the most special couple in the world. Rising Star Photography offers unmatched service and care at an unbeatable price, and they make me want to get married again just to get the chance to work with them one more time. Thank you to Darren and Erin for capturing the best day of my life!

Sent on 12/31/2018

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Meagan and Nick for the wonderful review. What a way to close the 2018 wedding season with your sensational wedding! I have enjoyed getting to know you and Nick throughout the year, and your wedding day was so fun, comfortable and natural, and the dance floor was rocking! This is how a wedding is done, and I am grateful to call you both good friends. I want to relive the day as well. Your buddies, Darren and Erin.

Anne · Married on 11/24/2018

Awesome & Affordable

Darren and Erin were great. So easy to work with, fun, accommodating. They have done many weddings at Springvale and you can tell from their photos that they know what they are doing. Darren has tons of ideas but also willing to do just about anything you ask him too. It was a great day.

Sent on 12/09/2018

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Anne. It is an honor to receive a review from a parent. Morgan and Michael had a sensational wedding, and it was a lot of fun working with you throughout the process. Truly a blessed day with a wonderful couple, bridal party and family. Darren

Courtney Miller · Married on 10/27/2018

We LOVED working with Rising Star!!!

I have to say that choosing Rising Star Photography to do our photos was EASILY one of the best choices we made during our wedding planning process. Darren and Erin and both absolutely amazing. They are genuine, fun, and professional people that work hard ALL day to make sure they get every shot you want. I simply cannot stress how much we loved working with them. They made us feel like we had known them and been friends with them forever, there was never a moment that felt awkward or tense—they helped us through everything and had so many beautiful picture ideas. We really didn’t have to worry about a thing! Many photographers charge by the hour but that is one of the reasons we chose them, they are with you from start to finish. They care a lot about their work and your satisfaction with the results. Honestly, we loved every second of the day with them and adored the wedding photos so much that we wish we could have another wedding so we could book them a second time! Ha! Even the guests at our wedding that spoke to them that weren’t in our pictures said they loved our photographers because they were so hardworking and friendly! We definitely hope to use their services in the future for other milestone events in our lives and would recommend them to anyone that wants beautiful photos and to work with fun and caring professionals. I can not recommend them enough!!!

Sent on 12/27/2018

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Courtney and Keith for your kind words. I remember going into the 2018 bridal show season, your date was the only key date we had open in 2018. Well, there was a reason for that, as it was destiny for us to meet. The four of us knew at the show this was a perfect match, and your wedding day was everything we knew it would be and more. The fun and connection we had with you both was off the charts, and we have two wonderful friends as a result. We want to relive the day as well. We love you both. Friends always, Darren and Erin.

Julia · Married on 10/06/2018

Beyond amazing experience!

We will never be able to say enough amazing things about Darren and Erin! Picking a wedding photographer is one of the most important things when planning a wedding, and we are so happy we entrusted our big day with Rising Star! We met with Darren a few times before the big day, and he is so personable, accommodating, and genuine. He has become a friend to us! He would respond to emails and texts very quickly, and made the whole process very stress free. He answered all of our questions and checked in throughout the year. When it came to the big day, Darren and Erin made the whole thing so fun and enjoyable for us! They made us all feel so comfortable and made sure we were all having fun the entire time. They truly became our friends and we were so happy to have had them there on our wedding day! As if our amazing experience hadn’t been enough, once we got our pictures back, we knew it was the best choice we made. Every single picture is amazing and we don’t have any bad ones at all! We can’t thank Darren, Erin, and rising star enough for this incredible experience! The week after my wedding, my sister booked them to do her wedding because they’re just that amazing! 100% recommend, you won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Julia. What a heartfelt review. Erin and I feel the same about you and Bobby...you are such a special couple that became family to us. What a beautiful wedding day! We had so much fun, and your reception was literally one of the best ones I have ever been a part of in my career. Please stay in touch, but we will see you next November for your sister's wedding for sure. Your friend, Darren.

Lauren · Married on 09/29/2018

The Best Photographers

We loved Darren and Erin! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for an awesome, fun, outgoing photographer! They have the best price for everything they offer. You will not be disappointed. I am so happy we chose to have them for our wedding. I even booked my venue and date around when this photographer was available because we wanted them that badly! Perfect choice for your wedding!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Lauren. I am so happy I met you and Nathan at Olivia and Derek's wedding. We bonded that night, and I felt so comfortable with you both during the whole process. What a beautiful wedding day you had, and a ton of fun we all had together. Many great memories of a blessed day. Your friends, Darren and Erin.
  • Z

Zack Ostrowski · Married on 09/28/2018

September 28 Wedding

Darren and Erin were fantastic photographers and I would highly recommend using Rising Star for your wedding! From the first meeting, to the engagement shoot, to the actual wedding, to the follow up, they were great every step of the way, and the pictures came out beautifully. Very professional and talented.

Sent on 11/13/2018

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Zack and Kayla. I have had a really fun year working with you both. So many great memories. It has been an absolute pleasure and honor, and I gained two wonderful friends as a result. Friends always, Darren.
  • F

Fabyen · Married on 09/07/2018

Outstanding!!

I don't have enough positive words to describe the experience my wife and I had with Darren and Erin. Our wedding experience wouldn't have been as great as it was without them. The photos were amazing! These are two extremely talented people. During the wedding process they have become friends to my bride and I! HIRE THEM!!!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Fabyen and Tiffany. What a blessed wedding day! Your portrait session was so beautiful...I will never forget how much fun we had at Coulby Mansion. I will also remember how fast we connected at the IX Center bridal show. This was a perfect match, and as you said, we now have two wonderful friends. Love always, Darren and Erin.
  • Jen

Jen · Married on 09/01/2018

Fantastic photographer - highly recommended

We knew we wanted Darren for our wedding from the moment we met him and saw his work, and we were not in any way disappointed in the result. Darren was completely professional throughout the entire process, and genuinely fun to work with on the wedding day. He was willing to work with us to give us exactly what we wanted throughout the day, and he had plenty of great ideas for excellent pictures. He did a fantastic job of capturing every aspect of our wedding day. His turnaround time was just as fast as advertised, and we just had an amazing night reliving our wedding day through his work. We want to continue to use him for all of our photography needs going forward, and can confidently recommend him for your big day!

Sent on 10/20/2018
    Rising Star Photography 19
    Rising Star Photography 20
    Rising Star Photography 21
    Rising Star Photography 22
    Rising Star Photography 23

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Jen and Matthew for a wonderful review. I will need forget our first meeting and how comfortable we all were. It was a perfect fit. What a blessed wedding day, beautiful location on the lake, and a wonderful couple and bridal party to work with. I will carry many great memories. Thank you so much. Your friend, Darren.

Cassandra · Married on 08/25/2018

AMAZING! Hiring them would be the best decision you can make for your wedding.

First of all, all I can say is if I could give them more than 5 stars I would. They made our wedding a huge success! We found them on wedding wIre and it was honestly the best decision that we made for our wedding. From the very beginning of meeting them we knew they would be a perfect fit for us. They made us feel extremely comfortable through the entire process and were very prompt with getting back to us with any questions that we had. I can honestly say that Darren and Erin were more than photographers on that day, they were friends that were photographing our wedding. They made the whole day stress free and they scheduled everything so I didn’t have to worry about anything. Erin felt more like a bridesmaid with how much she cared about the placement of my dress and just making me feel beautiful! All of my guests RAVED about them the whole night! We still have people that comment of how amazing they were and how they captured every detail with the guests barley realizing they were there! Not to mention we got our pictures one month from our wedding date and they turned out AMAZING! Hiring them for your wedding would be the BEST choice that you can make! We love them like they are family and had the best day of our lives with the help from these amazing people!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the incredible review Cassie and Scott. This was meant to be, as I originally had another wedding on your date that was postponed. Just when I thought I may not have a wedding on your date, you found me on WeddingWire.com and we had the best conversation on the phone, followed by a meeting where it was very clear this was the perfect combination. It has been a joy and an honor my friends. Cassie: I still want to adopt your parents as my second set of parents...LOL. They are the best, and it was a joy to share some wonderful moments with them as well. Please stay in touch and I can not wait to see you both in the future. Your friend, Darren.
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 08/11/2018

Darren was phenomenal to work with! He put our needs first and was so quick to process everything! He was a great communicator and very organized with the whole process. He is high energy and full of passion for what he does. Great choice all around! Him and his team will do their very best to make sure your day is captured in a beautiful way.

Sent on 10/01/2018
    Rising Star Photography 29
    Rising Star Photography 30
    Rising Star Photography 31

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Megan and Nick. I really enjoyed our meetings and appreciated how organized you both were as well. Your timeline was just perfect for maximum enjoyment. You are such a wonderful couple, and I felt so comfortable working with you both. We had wonderful chemistry from the start, and I will remember your wedding forever....what a blessed day it was. Your friend, Darren.

Deena · Married on 08/04/2018

I highly recommend Rising Star Photography. Darren is the absolute best. It was such a joy working with him. We first got together to do our engagement photo shoot which was a BLAST! My husband and I learned how to be in front of the camera while Darren took note as to how we worked together. It was such a great experience. We had so many laughs! Darren had some great ideas and poses and also took all my ideas into play. He is so easy to work with. We were so happy with the outcome of our engagement shoot that we couldn’t wait for our wedding day.
    Darren and Sarah were both there to capture all the amazing moments of our (very long) day! It couldn’t have gone any better. They were very helpful with everything and went above and beyond their duties of photographers. The pictures turned out amazing and we got them back super quick!
    Throughout all the planning, I was able to ask Darren for help/advice/opinions. He is very knowledgeable, confident and so honest. We appreciated this very much.
    I cannot thank him enough for all he has done for us these last two years. It was such a blessing working with him and I plan to use Rise Star Photography in the future!

Sent on 09/09/2018

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you for such a heartfelt review Deena. What an incredible story we have shared the last two years, from our strong bond at the bridal show and initial meeting, to one of my favorite engagement sessions ever. Working with you and Taylor was perfection, and the farm he grew up on. We simply connected and trusted each other immediately, and the creativity just flowed. Many brides have commented on how natural and candid your engagement session looks, and that can only happen with great synergy. When your wedding day arrived, we were friends and kept the great times rolling. I am so blessed to have met you both and was honored to be your wedding photographer with Sarah. A big thank you to your parents and brother as well for making us feel like family. Friends always, Darren.

Mike · Married on 08/03/2018

My wife and I got married on August 3rd, 2018 and used Rising Star for our photography. Darren and Erin were the photographers and truly made our experience with them SPECIAL. When we first met Darren we were blown away by his legitimate interest in our love story. He asked questions about how we met, how long we had been dating and what we envisioned for our wedding. He made such a great first impression and we were blown away by his professionalism and honesty. Throughout the entire process, Darren and his team made us feel so valued. My wife and I both felt that Rising Star Photography wanted our day to be an event of a lifetime. Whenever we had questions Darren always emailed back promptly with answers or suggestions which helped with the stress of planning a wedding. On our wedding day, Darren and Erin were so professional and FUN. You could tell they LOVE what they do! They worked so well together and had wonderful ideas for our photos. Additionally, they made sure to get all of the shots that my wife and I wanted. They asked us multiple times throughout the day if we needed anything which was so thoughtful and caring. Darren and Erin felt as if they were family the way they connected with us, our wedding party and most importantly our family. When we got our photos back we were blown away by how wonderful they all came out. It was so much to fun reliving every moment through our amazing pictures. When our family saw them they said the same thing! We could not have picked a better photography team and in our opinion Rising Star Photography is the absolute best. If you are planning your wedding and value photography, Rising Star Photography is the only choice due to their professionalism, ability, personality, and willingness to go above and beyond to make your wedding day spectacular.
    Mike and Jessica

Sent on 09/07/2018

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you for such a wonderful review Mike and Jessica, and describing in detail what was literally a perfect wedding day. If I wrote a book describing the perfect wedding timeline, I would use your wedding as the example. You are two of the nicest and most genuine people I have ever met in my life, and it was a honor to be a part of your wedding. The fun, romance, laughter and creativity was off the charts. What I really loved is how you both, your bridal party and family opened their arms to me and Erin, and we truly felt a part of your family. I witnessed and was part of a beautiful and powerful love story August 3, 2018 that I will cherish forever. Love you both, and I am always here for you. Your friend, Darren.

Sara Holter · Married on 07/07/2018

Wonderful!

I highly recommend using Rising Star Photography! Darren made the process leading up to the wedding easy. He was always organized and quick to respond. He spent time getting to know us. He also spent time creating a schedule for us for our wedding day, which was extremely helpful in making everything come together. Our wedding day would not have been the same without Darren and Erin! They made the experience so fun and enjoyable. The bridal party and groomsmen, as well as families, also loved working with Darren and Erin because of the happiness and joy they brought. They even stayed after our wedding reception was over to capture a few awesome photos of us at the end of the night. They truly love what they do, and we were so thankful we chose them. Not to mention the pictures were everything we could have hoped for!

Sent on 10/20/2018

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Sara. Working with you, Austin, your bridal party and your family was one of the highlights of the summer. Having an extensive pre-ceremony, portrait session, and after-party really gave us some special moments to bond. Erin and I did not want the party to be over...we were all having non-stop fun. A perfect day in every way. This is how a wedding is done, and we walked away gaining two wonderful friends. I will never in my career forget the night compositions we captured at Music Box Supper Club. Love, Darren and Erin.

Christina · Married on 06/30/2018

Darren was wonderful to work with throughout the whole wedding planning process. He was always prompt in responding to questions and emails. Sarah, who was Darren’s assistant for our wedding day was great as well. She took time in talking with each of my bridesmaids and both of the mothers. She instantly blended in with the group and was an absolute blast to have around as all the girls were getting ready. Both Darren and Sarah were present for the large majority of the day, they didn’t put any pressure on us with hour constraints, like many other photographers would have done. Both took their time in capturing the moments, but also knew how to have fun and get creative, which made the picture session much more enjoyable. Another thing that we both appreciated was that both Sarah and Darren sought us out and asked us individually (my husband and I) if there were any other pictures we wanted them to capture before they headed out for the night. It said a lot about them ensuring that they met our expectations and that they hadn’t missed anything of importance to us. I highly recommend their photography services to anyone looking for an amazing photographer, while still staying within a wedding budget!

Sent on 08/01/2018

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you Christina and Andre. I have really enjoyed getting to know you both during your wedding planning process, and gained two wonderful friends by the time your wedding day came. What a blessed day it was! It started out as an 80% chance of rain all afternoon, but we did not get a drop and it was a beautiful, comfortable and perfect day. From creativity, to romance, to playfulness, the day could not have gone better, and Erin and I were honored to be a part of it. We luv ya both, Darren.