Rising Star Photography Reviews

139 | Strongsville, OH

139 Reviews for Rising Star Photography

Courtney Gies · Married on 02/08/2020

One of the best planning decisions we made was Rising Star Photography!

Darren and Erin were the photographers for my wedding in February of 2020. They were with us every step of the way. We met them at a bridal show and immediately clicked! We decided soon after meeting them that they were who we wanted to capture the precious moments of our special day.

Rising Star was easily one of the best decisions we made during wedding planning. Darren kept in touch through the process to make sure everything was going smoothly. He and Erin were honest with us when we asked for guidance for day of timeline planning and it helped so much. They were so real with us and we valued that immensely.

Our wedding day went by in the blink of an eye. They captured everything and even the things that we missed in the rush of the whole day. The photos they captured are beyond stunning and they’re better than I could have ever imagined. We are absolutely in love with our images and will relive the day through these photos for the rest of our lives.

We are so happy that we chose Rising Star Photography. If you want vendors who are professional, fun, animated, energetic, honest, and provide incredible results- they’re for you. They started as our vendors and they are now our friends. We will absolutely be using them for future milestones.

Thank you, Darren and Erin!

-Courtney & Tyler
    February 8, 2020

Sent on 02/27/2020

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Courtney and Tyler...thank you so much for the kind words. Erin and I are truly humbled. I will never forget meeting you at the bridal show, and just knowing after even a minute that we were the perfect fit. The last year working with you both has been so much fun, and your wedding day was such a blessing. Erin and I love you both, and are so grateful to have worked with such a wonderful couple, gaining two wonderful friends. We know we will see you both at future events, and I am so happy about that. Friends always, Darren and Erin.
  • Maxwell

Maxwell Hershey · Married on 10/26/2019

The most amazing people we ever became friends with

Where to start with Darren and Erin? My wife and I were like any other couple, searching and comparing all the different vendors, one of which was the photographer. When we first met Darren and Erin we had a great feeling about them. Fast forward to our first meeting and we spent over 2 hours talking to them. We probably would have stayed longer if we didn't have venues to go look at! Since the day we said yes to them, its been nothing but enjoyable and if we had to do it all over again we would take them without a doubt. They are very good at what they do and they make the picture taking fun and it never seemed to get old with them. They have endless experience so when they have recommendations, I recommend you listen, it will be beyond worth it :) I literally could write a novel about these guys, I have friends getting married soon and after seeing these guys at our wedding, they asked about using them too. Out of all the vendors these are the people I looked forward to meeting up with and discussing the big day, bummer that its over and we don't text practically every day. But we now have lifelong friends and I am so incredibly grateful for them. Do yourself a favor and call Darren and tell him what you want, he will give you that and so much more.

Sent on 12/10/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Max and Taylor...Erin and I are truly humbled for over your incredible review. From the moment we met, I always felt like there was something much deeper occurring, as though we were related somehow. The camaraderie, laughter, understanding and connection was just off the charts. Like you said, there is just simply way too much to say, as we have shared so many incredible moments together from our meetings, to your engagement photoshoot, wedding, and even phone calls to be honest. It's been a true pleasure my friends, and we know we have friends that are like family in Detroit. We are always here for you and can't wait to share more special moments in the family. Love, Darren and Erin.

Kevin Dube · Married on 10/12/2019

Fantastic Photographers

Darren and Erin were both so easy and pleasant to work with. He answered any and all questions we had almost always right away. They made us and our bridal parties feel comfortable during the pictures l, and truly captured some amazing shots. And unlike a lot of the other photographers my wife checked out at bridal shows, who only send 1 photographer, and charge you extra for a second, Darren and Erin come together, no paying extra for a needed second photographer, because he understands that in order to get the best shots for your wedding it is necessary to have a second photographer. Not only that, they both stay until the end of the reception, making sure they capture every moment of the party. That's not even the best part, we had our wedding October 12, and Darren had our pictures ready for us in just over a month, and we were able to show our families during Thanksgiving! We cant say enough great things about Darren and Erin, they are true professionals who are passionate about getting you the best quality photos possible, and they have a great time doing it.

Sent on 12/17/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Kevin and Alexa: thank you so much for the kind words. We had two incredible days in 2019 between Sarah's wedding and your wedding. I am so happy we met, and we really connected with your families as well. These are special times, and we were honored to be your photographers. I know there will be more days in future we share. Count on us anytime. Your friends, Darren an Erin.

Aut Kainec · Married on 10/04/2019

The absolute best!

Darren and Erin were an absolute blast and the best! There are not words to describe how amazing this team really was. Darren helped me finalize my wedding day timeline and was always there if I had questions! Such amazing people honestly. They picked up on the vibe of my wedding guests and wedding party when taking pictures! My wedding group were such goofs and had such a grand time doing group pictures because of our photographers here! The pictures turned out amazing just the same! Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 12/28/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the warmhearted review Autumn and Jake. I love how you said Erin and I picked up on the vibe on your bridal party, because it's so important for us to capture natural personalities, and not fake, staged pictures. It was so much fun working with you both and your bridal party, and the groomsmen supplied one of the biggest laughs ever in my career...literally lung-hurting laughter. What an incredible day I will never forget. Please stay in touch and we hope to see you at future weddings and events. Your friends, Darren and Erin.
  • Alexa

Alexa · Married on 09/28/2019

Perfection! Absolutely amazing!

Darren and Erin with Rising Star Photography are absolute professionals and an extremely fun team to work with! They made our engagement session a blast, when my husband was somewhat skeptical beforehand about it. ;P He ended up having so much fun and loved it! We knew if our engagement session was this incredible, then our wedding was going to be even more so. Our entire wedding party enjoyed working with them during our special day as well! Everyone could not wait to see how the pictures turned out! Our wedding was a dream come true and they captured every element of it! Their pictures and editing skills are AMAZING! My husband and myself do not have enough good things to say about Rising Star Photography. They were the most affordable photography team that offered 2 photographers and stayed with you your entire day from start to finish. They are super easy to talk to, flexible on days/hours/times, and truly look out for the best locations/weather/etc. when it comes to your photography sessions. My sister is even going to work with them for her senior pictures! Our family absolutely adores them and speaks very highly of them too. We have developed a friendship with them both and look forward to having more professional photos taken by them in the future! :) We recommend them to all of our family and friends seeking professional photographers, and now, myself and my husband, are HIGHLY recommending Rising Star Photography to you! You will NOT be disappointed! :)

Sent on 11/13/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Alexa and Alex...we just love you both. Thank you so much for the kind words and thorough review. I am truly humbled. Working with you both the last two years has simply been a dream come true. The times we have shared have been priceless. After all, I actually have a behind-the-scenes picture on my website from your engagement session as a feature picture...that is how much fun we have had. There is simply way to much to say, but I know God brought us together and that there will be many more special times in the future. Thank you so much. Love, Darren and Erin
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 09/21/2019

Simply the best!

Darren is absolutely wonderful! He did our engagement photos as well as our wedding and we could not be more pleased. His price is very reasonable, especially for his quality, and he is very upfront about the costs. He was very flexible, willing to meet halfway for meetings which with our busy schedule we were really appreciative of. He always made us feel extremely comfortable, knew the perfect kind of posing to make both of us look great. His assistant Erin helped with our wedding and took pictures while I got ready in the bridal suite and made me feel extremely comfortable as well. I can't speak enough about how wonderful Darren is. Photos are one of the only things you have left after everything is over to remember the day and we couldn't be happier with the way ours turned out! Seriously, Darren is the best, no need to look anywhere else!

Sent on 11/12/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Tiffany and Steven...thank you for the wonderful review. I am truly humbled, and so blessed to work with the best couples. I remember after your engagement session at Kent State the feeling I had of being so comfortable working with you both. We had a blast that day, and your wedding day was so comfortable, stress-free and just perfect. You are such a wonderful couple and it's been an honor and pleasure working with you the last year. I hope we see each other at future weddings and events. Your friends, Darren and Erin.
  • Andrew

Andrew Deike · Married on 09/09/2019

Exceptional photography!

Darren and Erin were a delight to work with! Both are incredibly enthusiastic and passionate about their work, and captured some truly beautiful memories of our wedding. They were creative in the shots they wanted to capture, and rolled with our unique ( re: Star Wars-inspired) props and requests. We would highly recommend them to anyone that wants a wonderful and beautiful way to remember their special day!

Sent on 11/02/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you for the beautiful review Andrew and Ariadney. I am so happy we met through Meagan and Nick, and Erin and I just loved working with you both. Your wedding had everything...style, romance, elegance, humor, picture-perfect weather, and then throw in the awesome Star Wars props for an extra dose of fun and fantasy. Cap the evening with some of the best dancing of the year, and every element made for the best wedding. Erin and I were honored to be a part of your wedding day, and gained two wonderful friends. Always here for you both, Darren and Erin.

Alyssa · Married on 09/07/2019

Absolutely incredible!!

Choosing Rising Star Photography as our photographers for our wedding was by far the best choice we could have made! They were incredibly kind, responsive, and just so joyful to be around! They always responded to my texts and emails in an incredibly timely manner which kept my stress level down! They had many meetings with my husband and I to help make sure they understood the vision we had for the day! They also took the time to get to know us personally which I found to be so thoughtful! It made the photo sessions so fun and enjoyable! The quality of the photographs is also beyond incredible! If you are a bride looking for incredible photographers, Rising Star Photography is where you should go! They are very affordable and they work with you to help meet any of your needs! You will love Darren and Erin from the moment you meet them and they will help capture every moment of your special day!

Sent on 12/17/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

And we love you Alyssa and Nate. You are two of the nicest people on earth. Thank you for this wonderful review. I am so happy we met though a previous bride and groom, as we shared some incredible moments in 2019. Your wedding day was just perfection, and working with you both and your bridal party was everything I knew it would be and more. I hope we have many more great moments together. Thank you so much. Your friends, Darren and Erin.
  • Alexis

Alexis · Married on 09/01/2019

Extraordinary

We met Darren and Erin two years prior to our wedding date. From day one they treated us as though we were family, not customers. Darren and Erin were the perfect addition to our wedding. From engagement photos, that we could not stop laughing and smiling, to our wedding day in which they were as excited as us. During the two years, we always felt like a priority and never a burden when asking any question, they were quick to calm an anxious brides nerves! Darren and Erin are extremely professional, quick to respond and are easy to work with. If you want to have difficulty picking your favorite photo of your memory, this is the vendor to pick.

Sent on 10/07/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Alexis and Cory. Working with you both the last two years has been absolutely wonderful. We've gotten to know each other so well that I feel like you are my brother and sister. So many great times between your wedding, engagement session, meetings, and the bridal shows. We love you both, and will always cherish these times. Darren and Erin.
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 08/31/2019

We found the perfect photographers :)

Words cannot express how happy I am that we picked Rising Star Photography as our wedding photographer. Darren and Erin did a fantastic job of making everyone comfortable, which was huge as my husband is quite camera shy; they even got my grandparents to smile! To do this, both photographers meet with you to discuss the wedding day. They learn family names, help with the day-of timeline, discuss any “extra” events taking place (such as first-looks or in our case, a surprise ring for my husband during the ceremony), provide advice and options based on past weddings, and just take the time to make you feel comfortable about the entire day. Which takes me to the wedding day…

We had a themed wedding, which both Erin and Darren dressed to! When they arrived at the house, they were calm and kept everyone on track, very subtly. I’ve been part of other weddings where we were and hour behind and while the photographer did who knows what on his phone. We had a last minute change of plans with our first look due to weather which meant our entire family was around. Since my husband is shy, Erin and Darren helped get them out of the room without offending them to allow us to have our private moment. With tensions being so high on wedding days, it is great that they are willing to step in when something needs to change. For the ceremony, Darren and Erin give a couple pieces of advice to remember when putting on rings and for the first kiss to make sure you get the photos you want. Along with this advice, they also give the perfect amount of direction where you are not spending 10 minutes getting into an awkward position, but are also not left with no direction and wondering if you look okay. I’ve been in both these positions at a wedding before and can ensure you that the photos do not look good and it is a miserable experience – that Darren and Erin will avoid at all costs. Throughout the reception, photos were taken of me that I had no idea took place, which is great because everyone was able to be themselves.

There is nothing worse than having a camera thrusted in your face while you are dancing, which I have had happen to me at other people’s weddings. Our photos are phenomenal and we found our photographer for life. Rising Star Photography is exactly what we wanted for our wedding day and I have provided their contact information to friends as a recommendation.

Sent on 05/20/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review Julie. You and Justin are two of the nicest people on earth, and it was such a pleasure and honor to be a part of your wedding day. From the Harry Potter theme, to your incredible families, and my awesome couple, it was truly a blessed day in every way. I have really enjoyed working with you both the last year and look forward to seeing you in the future. Your friend, Darren.

Meghan Jeffers · Married on 08/17/2019

Perfect Photographers for our Perfect Day!

Darren and Erin were absolutely amazing! They were great with the planning process, helping up narrow down our favorite spots for photos! They were both up beat and getting the group moving for some amazing photos. Darren personally came and met us to deliver the photos! Overall it was an amazing experience and we're so happy to go with Risingstar Photography! I would recommend them 1,000 times over again!

Sent on 10/10/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Meghan and Rory. Erin and I had so much fun working with you both and your bridal party. We will remember so much, from your absolutely gorgeous church ceremony, to a rockin' reception, and the original compositions of the boat ride from Whiskey Island to the yacht club. It's been an honor and a pleasure. Your friends, Darren and Erin.
  • Sheryl

Sheryl Hein · Married on 08/10/2019

Unforgettable and fun! PERFECT!

Unforgettable and fun! The thing we remember most about our wedding day is the time spent taking photos with Darren and Erin. They gave us the wedding day experience of a lifetime. We will truly never forget a moment of it. Make sure you set aside plenty of time for your photos. It gives you a chance to really have fun and treasure the moments of your day. We felt like Darren and Erin were friends we've known for years who were on the whole journey with us. From the time we met to the day we got our photos, they built a special relationship with us. They took time to get to know us, and kept building upon this leading up to our wedding day. For example, Darren knew I was going to climb on top of the "Cleveland" sign because that's just how I am, wedding dress or not. Darren ran right over there and helped make sure I didn't fall. Darren is honest, kind, fun and trustworthy. Our wedding photos are absolutely beautiful! They paid close attention to all the details like lighting, angles, and most importantly getting the BEST shots! Make Rising Star Photography a part of your day if you want the best of everything for a day you'll never forget.

Sent on 09/10/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Sheryl and Steve...thank you so much for such a heartfelt review. The past two years getting to know you both better, forging a friendship, and even going out to dinner one night, has been so much fun. I have every enjoyed every second of our meetings, your engagement session and your wedding...and I am so happy you got your warm, sunny, perfect wedding day to match your beach theme. It's been a true pleasure, and we have really shared some memorable moments that I will never forget, including a true miracle of nature that occurred at your engagement session that had us all amazed. Your friends, Darren and Erin.

Gabby Landino · Married on 08/03/2019

Rising Star Photography is the BEST!!!

There are not enough words to describe how amazing Darren and Erin are. From the very beginning, when we met them at a bridal show, we instantly had a connection with them. They were SO friendly and so easy to talk to. They helped make our decision about a photographer very easy. They met with us numerous times to make sure all the details of our day were planned out. They gave us so many great tips and suggestions along the way. Our wedding day went perfectly. I, of course, had a lot of wedding jitters, and when Erin arrived (right on time!) at my house as I was getting ready, I actually felt more relieved. She was very calming and comforting, but also precise and prepared. Darren was equally as amazing, making trips to both my house and the groom’s, before the ceremony. Our ceremony was at a Catholic church, and Darren and Erin both did a great job of respecting the space the entire time, according to the priest’s wishes. After the ceremony, we took photos in Downtown Cleveland, and they offered so many suggestions about places to go. They were very flexible when some places didn’t work out because they were too crowded, and quickly thought of alternative plans to solve the problem. There was not one moment the whole day that felt uncomfortable or awkward, and our entire bridal party loved them as well! Even when it was time for them to leave the reception that night, they made sure, not only to say goodbye to us, but also to our parents, and our parents appreciated that so much!! Overall, the day was incredible, and we were so glad that we chose Darren and Erin to be a part of our day. We would recommend them to anyone that asks! It is so evident that they truly love what they do, and it shows in their work and actions. I can honestly say that they are not just our wedding photographers - now we consider them friends!!!

Sent on 09/12/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Gabby and Joey...I think you brought a tear to my eyes. Thank you for such an incredible review. I will never forget when we first met and talked at the bridal show...all of us knew on the spot that this was a perfect combination. So much, that you even changed your wedding date over the original date you wanted. And, wow, did that pay off, as the weather was perfection. When I think of the perfect wedding day from timeline, enjoyment, creativity, romance, laughs, an energetic dance floor, etc., your wedding is always going to come front and center. It's been a true honor, and like you said, we have gained two awesome friends. We are here for you always. Darren and Erin.
  • Torey

Torey Axelrod · Married on 07/20/2019

Best Photographer in Ohio!

Darren is a one of a kind, talented, fun and energetic photographer. He makes you feel special on your day and gets the bridal party pumped up. His photos are unreal. Him and his assistant, Erin, captured our wedding perfectly, from details to candid pictures. He always had ideas and guides you through the day. His energy is contagious and you can see it come to life in the pictures. We can't stop looking through over 500 edited pictures he delivered, plus even more unedited photos. Darren is the best in the business and will make your wedding photos beautiful to remember forever!

Sent on 11/05/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Torey and Ben...I was so touched by your review. Thank you so much. We have had so much fun the last two years, and working with you both has been just the best! Your engagement session featured compositions that other brides want to emulate, and I just loved how smooth your wedding day was from start to finish. It's been an honor and I can not thank you enough for referring me to several other couples as well. Always here for you both. Love, Darren and Erin.

Brandon King · Married on 07/13/2019

Rising Star is the Best!

We loved Darren and Erin! So professional and friendly, they provided the ideal experience we were looking for when choosing photographers for our wedding. From the fun planning meetings to the smooth execution day of, they went above and beyond our expectations. We would recommend them to anyone!!

Sent on 08/21/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Brandon and Audrey. Erin and I just think the world of you both, and just loved being a part of the biggest day of your life. I will never forget meeting at the IX Bridal Show on Saturday, and you came back on Sunday as the doors opened to hire us. That was so special to us and formed a wonderful new friendship. Count on us anytime. Darren and Erin.
  • Nathan

Nathan Smith · Married on 07/09/2019

Captured every moment and more!

Rising Star Photography really took our wedding to the next level. We can't thank them enough for the time, patience, and fun we had with Darren and Erin. Their photographers are there to capture the evening for you and they will not leave after 'their time is up'. They were with us the entire day and really made our dreams come true with how they handled our pictures. They were very responsive to emails and texts, and made our day amazing with the first look pictures as well as capturing the whole reception. Saying thank you at the end of the night seemed like an understatement. If you are looking for great wedding photographers look no further because passing on Rising Star Photography would be a mistake.

Sent on 12/20/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Nate: I really means so much to me when the groom also takes the time to write a review. Thank you so much for your kind words. Working with you and Alyssa was just a perfect combination from the very beginning to the very end. I am so happy to call you both my friends, and so happy we only live 5 minutes from each other. It's been a true pleasure my friend. Thank you for everything. Darren
  • Scott

Scott Mazelis · Married on 07/06/2019

Exceeded all expectations

Rising Star exceeded all of our expectations and we set the bar pretty high. Darren and Erin were fun to work with, professional, and treated all our guests like rockstars. We had an outdoor ceremony and family pictures outside in 88 degrees. They somehow managed to get all the shots we needed while keeping everybody happy and comfortable. During our reception they were always in the right place to get pictures, sometimes being in multiple places at once but were never in the way. They truly were magicians! We drove and walked all over downtown to get shots at multiple sites and they were amazing the entire time. We highly recommend Rising Star for your wedding.

Sent on 08/05/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you for the rock star review Scott and Jessica. What a sensational wedding day. I just loved your format of having an early ceremony, followed by an afternoon reception, and then having early evening for our tour of Cleveland portrait session, capped off by some incredible night shots at Playhouse Square. Working with you both was so wonderful, and everything I knew it would be when we first met. It has been such a pleasure to be a part of the biggest day of your life. Please stay in touch my friends. Darren and Erin.

Karl Roshong · Married on 06/29/2019

5 Stars All Around for Rising Star

My wife and I were married June 29, 2019. We were warned the day would fly, and it’s true, the day went so fast it seemed like a blur. But, we were able to relive the many wonderful moments through the photos taken by Rising Star’s very own Darren and Erin.
    From the time they arrived at the hotel to capture the moments of preparation before we departed to the ceremony, their contagious and bubbly personalities made everyone comfortable and put our minds at ease making for such a memorable day that we reminisce about through each photo we look at almost daily.
    My wife could not get over how attentive to her needs Erin was as she was getting dressed at the church while also respecting her privacy as she shared special moments with her parents prior to walking her down the aisle.
    Darren was amazing with the groomsmen and myself as we waited in the back of the church. He kept us laughing and smiling with the goofy themes of our pictures that matched the relationship I have with each one of my groomsmen. It was the comic relief I needed that kept me calm before the start of the ceremony.
    My wife and I knew Rising Star Photography was the perfect fit for our special day. The proof is in their content they display on their website. We will definitely turn to them to capture any future moments and events we want to immortalize with their experience, expertise, and professionalism.

Sent on 08/05/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the detailed and heartfelt review Karl and Brooke. I love how you described how Erin and I work behind the scenes from assistance to laughter and everything in between. We love our couples and do everything in our power to provide them with the experience of a lifetime, so it was so wonderful to hear that in your own words. What a truly blessed wedding day you had. I just loved capturing the day on the grounds of John Carroll, and the reception at the Astrodome, one of my favorite venues. And I have not even mentioned how much fun we had at our autumn engagement session. It has been a true honor, and I cannot wait to work with you both again. Friends always, Darren and Erin.

Sarah James · Married on 06/21/2019

Amazing! Best photographers!

Darren & Erin are amazing! The only photographers we met with while we were looking. They make sure every picture you want is covered, take down the names of those you want to be photographed with, and so much more. They leave you absolutely stress free for the day. Erin helped me with my dress throughout the day and they are both just genuinely nice people who do awesome work. My mom even mentioned how nice they were and how they felt like family for the day. They have great ideas for photos from fun to serious & cover everything. If you want amazing photos, no stress, and a fun day.. go with rising star!

Sent on 06/26/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the awesome review Sarah. This means even more to me that you wrote this right after the wedding and before your honeymoon. You are literally one of the nicest persons on the face of the earth, and it was our honor to photograph your wedding. Working with you and Phil was wonderful, and we had a touching moment stopping by Phil's grandfather's house. All this, and literally a picture perfect day..the best weather day of 2019. I can't wait to see you both at Alexa's wedding in October. Your friends, Darren and Erin.
  • Richelle

Richelle · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing! Highly recommended!

My husband and I LOVED Darren and Erin! These two photographed our engagement pictures and wedding day and made both so enjoyable! Our friends and family were ranting about how much fun they added to our day and were blown away by their professionalism. These two truly captured so many special moments from our day and I could not thank them enough. Our wedding pictures turned out AMAZING and their creativity was truly incredible. I would HIGHLY recommend Rising Star Photography to anyone looking for a wedding day photographer! We cannot wait to use them in the future for other life changing events!

Sent on 08/14/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you Richelle for such a heartfelt review. Erin and I have had so much fun the last two years working with you and Karl, and have formed a great friendship in the process. From portraits that are fun, creative, romantic, funny, classical, we have watched a love story strengthen before our eyes, and I don't want it to end. And that's the great news...with future events and an incredible friend/family base, I know more memories are in the future. We are always here for you both. Friends always, Darren and Erin.
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 06/14/2019

What a deal!

What a deal we found when we hired Darren and Erin. Looking for good photography that fit our budget and looked great seemed like an impossible task. We stumbled across Darren and after a phone call we ended up hiring him. I feel like we found the best kept secret in the Northern Ohio wedding industry. We LOVE all of our photos, Darren and Erin were FANTASTIC to work with. They fit right in with our crew and they were professional and friendly. Darren knew everyone's names by heart before he even showed up for our event. After the wedding he was in communication to let us know when our photos would be back for us and we got them in an online gallery and we selected the USB option. We had over 400 edited photos and about 400 additional bonus photos. We couldn't be happier with the service we received. We feel like we got a steal.

Sent on 07/24/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Jennifer and Art for the kind words. I was so honored that you found me while living in Texas. The spring/early summer weather was rough this year, but I was so happy you had such a picture perfect, blue sky day sandwiched between two rainy days. What a fun, smaller Friday beach wedding I will never forget! Great weather, food, family, guests, atmosphere, and my incredible couple...and that gorgeous sunset to end the day. It truly was a perfect day. Friends always, Darren and Erin.

Anna · Married on 06/08/2019

Great Quality! Fantastic duo to work with!

Darren and Erin were wonderful to work with! They were there every step of the way to help make sure our wedding day went smoothly and exactly how they wanted it to. They gave us tips for everything from the limo, to the cake, DJs and more, which really made the entire wedding planning so much easier! They were flexible with our schedule in setting up times to meet leading up to the wedding. On the wedding day, they helped to make sure everything went smoothly and we got all of the pictures in that we wanted. The day and location for our pictures was absolutely beautiful and they captured the day exquisitely! They were both so easy to work with throughout the day making sure everyone was having a good time and that the pictures never looked forced. We had so much fun with them and could not be happier with the way the pictures came out. We love them all and the quality is great! Also, we got our pictures back in a timely manner which we really appreciated. Would definitely go with them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Anna. Erin and I just loved working with you, Max and your bridal party. It was a beautiful day, loaded with lots of fun, and the whole process of working with you both was perfection. This is how a stress-free wedding is done, and we were honored to be a part of it. Your friends, Darren and Erin.
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 05/25/2019

Highly recommend!

We had such a great experience with Darren and Erin both for our engagement photo shoot as well as our wedding day! They really took the time to get to know us during our engagement shoot which made our wedding day so easy and enjoyable. We have so many favorite pictures from both shoots to have to cherish!

Sent on 06/24/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

It's been a lot of fun the last year Jennifer and Tim, and a small world where we ended up knowing some of the same people. Erin and I were honored to be your wedding and engagement photographers, and we are very happy we met. Wonderful times! Please stay in touch. Thank you so much. Your friends, Darren and Erin.
  • Alison

Alison · Married on 05/17/2019

Absolutely amazing experience!

My husband and I met Darren and Erin at a bridal show and we felt an instant connection with them. They made us feel so comfortable and they have so much experience we had a lot of confidence booking them. We did an engagement shoot with them first and we had a blast with both of them! Darren has so much experience and he helped us work through a lot of the details of the wedding which honestly helped us create our entire day. Darren was always very easy to get a hold of and definitely shows that he cares about the couples he works with to make sure their big day is exactly as they want. He is organized and well experienced so we had complete confidence our pictures would turn out amazing. Honestly, when we had something unexpected come up about the wedding, I knew we could talk it out with Darren and he would help us figure it out and everything would be okay. As a bride, I cannot express how comforting and amazing it was to have a vendor that we knew we could reach out to and would help with any issues that came up. Talk about peace of mind! The actual wedding experience with them was perfect. I cannot say enough good things! We truly felt so comfortable with them and had a blast taking pictures. A lot of our family and bridal party complimented their professionalism and fun attitudes all day. Our wedding pictures turned out absolutely beautiful. We could not ask for better pictures. We will cherish these pictures for the rest of our life and will always be grateful to Rising Star for all their hard work. Their quality of work and professionalism is bar none. I would absolutely recommend Rising Star to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Rising Star Photography's reply:

Ali and Tyler: Erin and I were so touched by your review. We love our couples so much and go out of our way to help them in any way, and to hear that in your own words was so special to us. Thank you. What an incredible two years we had from meeting at the bridal show, to your engagement photoshoot, fun meetings, and a perfect wedding day with classic theming. You are such a wonderful couple, and Erin and I will always cherish these timeless moments. Thank you so much Ali and Tyler. Friends always, Darren and Erin.