85 Reviews for Rising Star Photography

Prints (5)
Canvas (2)
Liability Insurance (1)
85 Rising Star Photography Reviews

Working with Darren and Sarah was nothing short of amazing. They really kept the flow of the day going, they had the most amazing spots for us to take pictures at, they melded well with our bridal party and went above and beyond for us. They were professional but didn’t take away from the fact we were a goofy group. I would recommend Rising Star photography for any bride looking for a photographer/unofficial wedding planner/friend all in one!

Thank you Darren and Sarah!

Profile Picture Peter , 3/24/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files

Where do I begin? Darren and Erin were absolutely FABULOUS!!!!! From the very first email I sent Darren back in January 2017 he responded within minutes and we had a personal face to face meeting setup for the next week and that is when we just fell in love with Darren's personality and we just knew this would be the perfect fit. Darren was so full of personality, laughing, smiling, open, honest the entire time. Any question we had he knew the answer since his experience photographing weddings is absolutely unbelievable. Throughout the year, if I had a question, I did not hesitate to email Darren and what I loved about Darren was that he picked up the phone and would talk to me! We would talk on the phone for 30 minutes if needed! he wanted to make sure I was comfortable with the answer and that we were on the same page before we hung up. Then! about 2-3 weeks before our wedding January 2018, we met Darren's second shooter Erin, O.M.G... another match made in heaven!!! The morning of our wedding Darren and Erin were right on time ready to go to start taking pics at 11:30am SHARP! and from that moment on throughout the entire night, I felt like Darren and Erin were my brother and sister not only taking our photos but make sure everything was in order and in place... you would see Darren down on his knees, crawling ANYTHING he had to do to get the right shot and Erin was right behind him... fixing my train on my dress, holding my dress, holding my bouquet... all through the reception Darren and Erin were there for everything!!! they even stayed until about 11pm when the bar closed! and NOW that the wedding is over... Darren has been sending me some teaser photos as previews for what we are about to receive for our entire gallery and I am just speechless, the photos are phenomenal. They capture the emotion and feeling of that day to a tee. We could not be HAPPIER with our decision to work with Rising Start Photography.

Profile Picture Erin, 1/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Darren and Erin were so great! They were so personable and friendly. Not to mention how talented they are. You won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Regina , 12/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files

Our wedding was October 28th, 2018. We hired Darren after being referred to Rising Star Photography from my friend. He was awesome!! Months before the big day he met me near my house and spent awhile going over the timeline and plan. He was very detailed and professional. I felt like we had become friends after leaving the appointment! We were in touch the months before the wedding. My favorite part about Darren is that he is so experienced and has so much advice to give to help a clueless bride on what to expect. Darren and Erin were our photographers on our wedding day. They showed up and it was game on! They worked so well with everyone and knew exactly where to be and what pictures to take. I was so impressed with their professionalism. They made sure we had a great time and were comfortable. The bridal party had fun joking with them and taking funny poses. Darren shot our small reception after (75 people) and he got so many nice shots! He never missed a moment. I highly recommend Rising Star Photography to anyone looking for an experienced photographer who is dependable, professional, and has great communication skills. About a month after the wedding we received our pictures on a beautiful CD album and a flash drive. They were gorgeous!!!! We loved them and have since made an album with him and had many printed out and framed. I was impressed how nicely presented they were and they all helped tell the story of our wedding day!

Profile Picture Natalie, 10/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

I highly recommend Rising Star Photography. My husband and I are not very photogenic people but they did a great job showing us how to stand and coaching us how to capture the best pictures for us. They also did a great job with reading the situation and making everything feel so comfortable. We felt like we were working with old friends. They were one of the very first vendors I spoke with at one of the bridal shows. Compared to other photographing companies I spoke with, you could tell Darren is so passionate about his work. He was more interested in getting to know who me and my husband were, what our thoughts were for our wedding and what he could do for our wedding rather than just trying to sell his service (which I felt other companies tried to do). I could go on and on but to put it simply, they cared about what they were doing, worked hard and were invested in producing the best pictures for us and it shows in every single one. You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Darren and Erin were wonderful to work with! They are very easy to work with! I got multiple compliments from my guests on them! They were everywhere getting pictures i never even knew existed! I would recommend them to anyone looking for a photographer!

Profile Picture Breanna, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Picking a wedding photographer is a big decision. Not only are you entrusting someone to capture pictures of a once in a life event, but the photographer spends more time with you the the day of your wedding than anyone. From the moment we met Darren, we knew that we had found the perfect person for this task. He is so talented at photography, every photo turns out amazing, and instantly bring a smile to your face. He truly preserves the precious moments in time with the photos he delivers! He is also the nicest person EVER! He always has a smile on his face, and takes the stress out of the wedding! He is also very very knowledgeable. Not only about photography and what photos will work best, but also about things that you never thought of until it was happening (he talked us through cutting out cake because we didn't know how to cut into a tiered cake). He sincerely wants to see your wedding day be perfect, and will give guidance any way he can. Working with Darren was such a blessing, and we will forever be grateful that we had him with us on the biggest day of our life!

Profile Picture Emily, 9/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Darren was by far my favorite vendor to work with for my wedding. He is very responsive to any questions that you might have via email and is great to communicate with in the whole planning process. On your wedding day he is just fantastic. He has so much energy and really makes taking pictures fun! You of course will get the classic pictures, but so many unique and fun pictures as well. One of my favorite parts of the day was taking pictures with Darren and Erin. They captured so many great photos and were even able to capture a few of my 15 year old lab, who sadly passed away a month later. But those pictures now mean so much to me and I will cherish them forever.
I cannot honestly say enough good things about Darren and Erin. They both have such a big heart and are just good people. I would recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

If only there were an option for more than 5 stars! Darren and Nickie are the sweetest and most fun-loving pair there is around! I've never seen two people have so much fun shooting - which in turn added to the fun us and the bridal party were already having! They have truly become friends, not just "the photographers who shot our wedding." Darren helped me plan my entire wedding day, and was helpful throughout the entire process with any questions I had. I have and would recommend Rising Star Photography to anyone looking to get amazing, creative photos and have a ton of fun while doing it! Thank you Darren and Nickie!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/2/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Darren and Sarah were both super amazing and one of the best decisions for the wedding! The entire day was very stress-free and relaxing. Darren loves to have fun and be creative with the photos. The whole bridal party had fun and we definitely got some creative, amazing shots! The photos turned out wonderful and we have received so many compliments! Not only is the quality superb, but we really love how we got nearly all the photos taken from the day! We will cherish them all forever! We would hands-down recommend Darren and his team to anyone! You won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Alissa, 8/26/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Darren and Erin did such a great job capturing our day! It was great to have two photographers to capture every angle. You can't beat the price, and we'll treasure the pictures forever.

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/19/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, One Event/Day, High-Res Images

Darren, Nickie, and Erin are all amazing!!! My husband and I are so happy with the results of our wedding photos! All 3 of them made our day so special. They know exactly what they are doing, and they allowed for a stress free wedding day. As a bride I know how stressful it is to find the best photographer. So trust me when I say that rising star photography is the best decision a bride could ever make!!!!

Profile Picture Colleen, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I found Rising Star Photography on WeddingWire and was immediately impressed by the high ratings that the company received. My fiancé and I met with Darren, the owner of the company, and immediately knew he was the right fit for us. Darren is a very genuine person and we could immediately tell that he had our best interests in mind. After hearing horror stories about the high costs of photographers and the fact that many companies keep the rights to your photos, we were relieved when we found out we got to keep the rights to all of our photos (which included 2 CDs with over 500 pictures, PLUS 3 bonus CDs with extras!), AND what a great deal Darren’s pricing was. We chose to have our engagement pictures taken with Darren, which was a blast and the pictures turned out great!

Perhaps what was most impressive was how Darren handled a sudden, unfortunate event the week before our wedding. At the initial meeting, Darren promised if something were to happen to prevent him from shooting the wedding, he has alternate photographers that will take over. Unfortunately, Darren took ill the week before our wedding and he was unable to take our wedding photos. While this is perhaps one of the biggest nightmares for a bride, Darren was extremely professional about the situation and found a replacement for himself. We worked with Sarah, who was scheduled to assist Darren, and Kristine, who served as Darren’s replacement for the day. While we were very sad that Darren could not be a part of our day, Sarah and Kristine were absolutely wonderful!

Darren hand delivered our photos about four weeks after the wedding, and we are extremely pleased with the quality of each photo. I would highly recommend working with Rising Star Photography!

Profile Picture Maureen, 8/5/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files

Rising star photography is a wonderful choice for wedding photography. I worked directly with Erin, Sarah and Darren. All extremely professional and knowledgeable about photography. They all got back to me very quickly with any questions that arose and were extremely flexible. My wedding was a lot less stressful because of these individuals. Most importantly my wedding photos came out STUNNING. I recieved so many compliments about my wedding photos from family and friends. All of the photographers have unique ideas for poses so my pictures didn't look like everyone else's and my extra pudge from having a baby didn't even show because of the direction they captured the photos. That is true skill. I can't say enough how much I appreciate this company and how good they made me feel on my special day. Thank you so much Rising Star! I would hire you a million times over!

Photos
Profile Picture Amanda, 8/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Darren and Nickie were honestly the best decision we made in our wedding-planning process. I can't say enough about how spectacular they are. As soon as we met, we just clicked! The entirety of our day, they kept us laughing and stress-free. Our wedding party had a blast which resulted in such amazing photos! They have the ability to make everyone extremely comfortable during such a busy day which was a breath of fresh air. So many people have asked who our photographers were because they liked them so much. Darren took note of some must-have shots we suggested at our meeting and made sure to capture them all. They have such great creativity, attention to detail, and just a positive vibe about them; it's hard not to smile when you're in their presence. You can tell they really love what they do. Darren was super responsive to my emails and truly cared about our day. The experience felt like they were part of the family. Our guests had nothing but wonderful things to say about how well Rising Star worked with everybody and captured the day flawlessly. The quality of the photos is insurmountable. We've gotten so many compliments on how gorgeous each and every picture is and we wholeheartedly agree. We honestly cannot thank them enough for the incredible job they did capturing these memories. My husband and I highly recommend Rising Star! Darren and Nickie, we love you guys and can't wait to work with you in the future!

Profile Picture Nicole, 6/24/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Darren and Erin were absolutely AMAZING! I have nothing but the best things to say about them...my Husband, who does not enjoy taking pictures, actually had fun during our shoots. He really enjoyed Darren and Erin and how they made the entire thing fun and not stressful at all. They knew exactly what they were doing and had a specific vision in mind. We have not gotten our pictures back yet, but I cannot wait to see them. I have recommended them to a couple of my friends who will be getting married within the next year. Darren really treats each picture as it is a work of art and he understands how important these wedding day pictures are. You can tell he really loves what he does...it shows! He was always in constant contact and responded very quickly to all messages. He made everything the day of go super smoothly and just rolled with the punches. If I ever got stressed, he calmed me down and helped me to figure things out. He also went above and beyond to book a site in-case it rained. He is simply FABULOUS and I hope to have him do future photo sessions with my husband and myself.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Darren and Nikki are an awesome team! I saw them in action at my friends wedding and have never seen two photographers both equally care about taking awesome shots. When my friends were kissing I never saw both photographers go in with so much passion to make sure they both got that perfect shot ( A reason why I booked with them). I have been in weddings when the second photographer in only there for the money and does not have the passion....let me tell you Nikki cares and has that same passion as Darren. Darren and Nikki work so well together they just have to say one word and the other person knows exactly what they are thinking. I had certain shots that I wanted photographed and they both made sure that they were taken care of. Nikki made sure my train was perfect for each shot even when my train was not working with her (She cares!!). From my friends wedding, three other people have worked with Darren & Nikki because their work is awesome! From our first meeting, engagement shoot (which was awesome!, Darren took so much time to make sure the sun was not going to ruin our pictures, he took his time to set up everything so it was perfect and we had so much fun with him! ), to our wedding day! I hope to see them at a wedding in the future! P.S. Darren also has awesome cases for your pictures!

Profile Picture Faith , 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We could not have been happier with our experience with Rising Star Photography. Darren and Erin were with us from 11 that morning until the reception was over at 11 that night! All our relatives and friends were so impressed with them. They were so professional, had such great energy, and really contributed to making it such a wonderful day. Not only that, they were one of the most affordable photographers we got quotes from. They had wonderful suggestions and ideas for amazing photos. We highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Melissa, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I can't say enough good things about Darren and risingstar photography! From the first meeting until our wedding day and after it has been a pleasure and I couldn't be more grateful to have found them to be our wedding photographers. My husband, my family, friends and bridal party all loved Darren and Sarah! They made taking pictures a fun! If you are looking for a great photographer, your search is done. They are worth every penny! Our pictures were perfect, but more importantly the experience was perfect!!!! LOVE THEM!

Profile Picture Megan, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Darren was absolutely amazing from planning a timeline for our big day to making sure we captured everything on our picture list! He even had tons of reccomendations and tips that had we not followed would have made our pictures a little less beautiful and diverse! I cannot give enough stars to this company and even my bridal party and guests at the wedding had nothing but great things to stay about them and how wonderful they were!!

Profile Picture Ashlee, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Let me just say that our decision to go with Rising Star Photography for our wedding photos was the best decision we made regarding the wedding itself. Not only were they on time, super easy to work with and professional, had the best energy and kept everything running smooth and worry free, but gave us more than we could have wished for with the quality of the photos. They also give amazing prints afterwards and made it very easy for family and friends to get their hands on the photos as well. So thankful that we have these amazing photos as a lasting memory of our special day! I would highly recommend them to ANYONE and we will be using them again in the future!

Profile Picture Brooke, 3/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My fiancé at the time, now husband, were looking for someone who did not just have BEAUTIFUL pictures, but we wanted someone who was outgoing, organized, energetic, and very creative! I found all of these characteristics to suit Darren with Rising Star Photography. When I met with Darren the first time, I felt very comfortable, and I could trust that he would capture the beauty and memorable parts of our special day. When we met again, we discussed multiple scenarios with weather (it is Ohio, the day before our wedding it was 75 degrees and sunny, the day of our wedding, it was 30 degrees and snowing). Darren worked with me on finding a couple of different places just in case the weather was bad, and it made me feel like I had options, and he had our best intentions for that day!
Darren does not work alone. I met Erin the morning of the wedding, and I immediately LOVED her! Both Erin and Darren surpassed our expectations! Both were able to capture different aspects of our wedding! EVERYONE has raved about our pictures and they all have had nothing but positive things to say about our photographers. Darren and Erin were extremely energetic and kept the mood light and airy, and I LOVED it, because as a bride on her wedding day, I was rather nervous ( I also don't like being the center of attention, but they made me feel like a true princess!).
I felt that for two photographers for an all day event (literally an all day event) the pricing was excellent and WELL WORTH IT!!!! We know/knew that Darren and Erin truly CARED for our special day and making it a true fairy tale day! We will be asking for Darren and his co-photographers every opportunity we can and we HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM! :-) THANK YOU DARREN AND ERIN!!!!

Profile Picture Keyanna, 2/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

It was an absolute pleasure working with Rising Star Photography. Both Darren and Nickie were amazing throughout the whole process. From the planning stages through the end if the reception it was a joy to work with them. Very professional, very knowledgeable, and very easy to work with. The pictures came out great and the whole experience was a blessing for Bethany and myself.

Profile Picture Matt, 1/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I cannot say enough amazing things about Rising Star Photography! Darren and Nickie went above and beyond our greatest expectations, and EVERY SINGLE PHOTO was absolutely perfect. We are so in love with our photos, they captured our entire day/night perfectly for us so we can have these photos as memories that will last forever! They also have a few assistants that they work with (Emily & Sarah) who were also there all day/night with us to help capture even MORE memories! Thank you all so much! The professionalism, the detail, their personalities, meeting up with us several times to make sure everything was perfect-they did it all top notch! We love you guys, thanks again!

Profile Picture Ashley, 1/7/17, 1 Review