Ripcord Reviews

168 | Boston, MA

168 Reviews for Ripcord

Valery · Married on 08/11/2018

Great Band!

We had an amazing experience working with Ripcord! We had Monica & Ricky perform at our August wedding in Newport, RI and we would highly recommend them! From the very beginning, Ripcord was super easy to work with. Kevin is very responsive and works with you to make sure that everything is seamless on the day of. We had a noise restriction at our venue and were originally very concerned that we would not be able to have amplified music. Kevin worked with us and the venue to find a solution that everyone would be happy with, and on the day of there were absolutely no issues. Monica and Ricky are truly talented and did a fantastic job of keeping everyone engaged and on the dance floor. We were thrilled with Ripcord and would highly recommend them to anyone planning a wedding!

Mary Beth · Married on 07/21/2018

Ripcord was AMAZING at our wedding. Ananda and Jeremy had people dancing from the moment they entered the tent at Castle Hill up until the night ended at 11 PM. Kevin was responsive on emails from the moment we hired them 18 months prior to our wedding date up until the day of. Easy to work with, amazing voices, amazing musicians, easiest hire of the day.

Emily · Married on 06/30/2018

Ripcord were utterly FANTASTIC. The dance floor was jam-packed the second they started, and we asked them to play longer because no one was ready to stop dancing. Great song selection and great execution. Jason and his crew killed it. Nothing like your average crooning wedding band. Many of our guests said it was the best wedding music they have ever experienced. Also great to work with upfront. Kevin was very responsive and flexible. Thank you!

Rob and Kelsey · Married on 06/16/2018

Words cannot begin to express how happy we are to have had Ripcord as our wedding band. Hiring Ripcord will be the best decision you make when planning your wedding. Kevin is incredibly professional and responsive when planning--we immediately knew we were in good hands. Ananda, Jeremy, and the whole band killed it. We had so much fun dancing and our guests did too -- the dance floor was full all night. Ripcord read the room perfectly and played an awesome set list. Thank you Ripcord!!!

Diana · Married on 06/10/2018

Hiring Ripcord was a no brainer once we saw them live - we were at their show for about 2 minutes before my husband and I turned to each and said "yup we're getting them". Kevin was great to work with and everything went smoothly. Ananda and Jeremy were absolutely amazing as singers and emcees, and the rest of the band was awesome as well. We are over 2 months out from our wedding and are still hearing "the band at your wedding was AMAZING!" We could not be happier we chose Ripcord and would definitely recommend them!

Ashley · Married on 05/26/2018

BEYOND INCREDIBLE!!! We worked with Ripcord for our wedding last month and were absolutely blown away. Our guests STILL can not stop raving about the music and multiple friends have told us it was the best dance party they have ever experienced. Everyone was up out of their chairs and the dance floor was packed all night. They played the perfect mix of old and new music so everyone from my Grandma to my teenage cousins had a blast. They even let one of our friends get up and perform a song for us, which was the highlight of the night. HIRE THEM IMMEDIATELY!!! They will honestly make your wedding so memorable. Worth every penny and then some!

Nina · Married on 05/20/2018

Hiring Ripcord was likely the best decision we made for our wedding. They are absolutely fantastic! Kevin was so easy to work with and incredibly helpful leading up to the event. He patiently answered our questions, listened to our ideas, and delivered BIG TIME on our wedding day. Ananda and Jeremy totally brought the house down and kept everyone dancing, and the other musicians were incredible. They were also very well organized and MC'd perfectly. We hoped we were getting a great band with professionals and Ripcord delivered 100%. I highly recommend them!

Meg · Married on 05/19/2018

Everyone has their priorities on their preferences for weddings, but this is a decision you WILL NOT REGRET. We had both had been at weddings separately where Ripcord played and it was non-stop fun. Same held true for our own wedding. People we never thought would be on the dance floor were out having a great time. Their playlists suits everyone's taste and we ended up extended an extra half an hour because we didn't want the fun to be over. At one point we were outside and friends came to get us saying that we're missing all of the fun and felt like they were at a concert they were so good and talented. And everyone's comments since said how good the band was. They are extremely organized so once you've hired them, it's one less thing you have to worry about for your planning.

Keri · Married on 05/05/2018

I am so glad that we were able to find Ripcord for our wedding!! They were so professional, responsive, and truly made our wedding next level! They are all amazing musicians!! Their ability to read the crowd and literally keep everyone dancing and singing along all night was all I could have dreamed of! Best Decision Ever!!

• Aimée

Aimée · Married on 11/11/2017

Do you want a band for your wedding? Book Ripcord. Sure, the details and the decorations made our wedding special but Ripcord turned our wedding up to an 11. From the moment they took the stage through the last song, they had all of our wedding guests up and dancing.

Ananda and Jeremy on lead vocals were absolute powerhouses. Their voices with the combined instrumentation from the band made every single song sound amazing. We had three “live request” songs (first dance, father/daughter, mother/son) and they sounded better than the originals! I cannot rave enough about the level of professionalism and talent that Ripcord delivers.

While we had little to no requests in terms of a set list, they made sure our one request, the Hava Nagila/Hora, brought down the house. They checked in with me first to see how many people would be lifted in chairs and how long we wanted it to go for. From there, they took the reins and we exploded onto the dance floor.

We keep referring to our wedding as a “rager” because of the non-stop dancing and partying that was fueled by Ripcord. Our wedding was an absolute success in large part to this amazing band. Do not look any further than Ripcord when you’re researching wedding bands in the Boston area. You will not be disappointed and your guests will be raving about them all night and into the morning after.

Rebecca · Married on 10/15/2017

I first saw Ripcord at a friend's wedding and they were amazing, so when I was planning my wedding I looked them up. Kevin, the band manager, was incredibly kind and helpful on the phone, and when I asked him about what his favorite part of a wedding was, he gushed for about 10 minutes about how amazing it is to be a part of a couple's special day. That sincerity and passion came through in every single aspect of working with Ripcord. Not only did Kevin remember my friend's wedding immediately, he asked if they'd be at our wedding, and when he found they would be, he gave us a discount just because they were excited to get to celebrate with them again. He also helped make sure we'd get the same lineup I'd seen at my friend's wedding (Ananda & Jeremy), and when I threw him a curve ball of asking if the band would learn an original song that I wrote to surprise my husband, he was not only accommodating, he was super excited.

SPEAKING of the Ananda and Jeremy lineup...holy smokes. They were INCREDIBLE!! They were so kind and fun and dynamic and SO TALENTED--every single person at our wedding danced for the ENTIRE NIGHT. Grandparents, young cousins, old college friends, EVERYONE. It was unbelievable. They were out of this world with their song choices and energy, they knew how to work the crowd to get people laughing and dancing, they MC'd the full reception flawlessly, and when they played my original song at the end Ananda just make everyone weep with how beautifully she sang it. I cannot say enough about these folks; they are so talented at what they do--both as musicians and as wedding specialists. Worth every penny by a mile. Thank you, Ripcord!

Christine · Married on 06/23/2017

I was so happy that Ripcord was part of our wedding, they truely made the night! They are incredibly talented and full of energy! Working with them was a breeze and I would highly recommend them!! They were awesome!!!

Becca · Married on 06/17/2017

Our band was by far one of the top reasons we had such an amazing wedding. We picked Monica and Jason and they absolutely tore the house down. Kevin was extremely responsive from start to finish and always answered my endless questions with patience and detail.

The band was such a big hit at our wedding that toward the end of the night, everyone was trying to jam up as close as they could get to see them and sing along. At one point, it was almost like we were at a concert with everyone getting on the dance floor and cheering for them! Monica even came onto the dance floor a few times too. They were really engaging with the crowd.

We got married three months ago and we still have people mentioning how good our band was to this day. So good in fact, that one of our friends is using Ripcord for their wedding now!

Kristina · Married on 05/27/2017

Ripcord was ABSOLUTEY AMAZING!!! We still get comments on how awesome the band was. They had everyone up on their feet and dancing all night! They were very accommodating with our wants and needs and their voices are INCREDIBLE!!!

• Angela

Angela · Married on 04/01/2017

We highly recommend Ripcord!!! All of our guests have been raving about how amazing they were and that they were the best band they've heard! Kevin was very responsive and awesome to work with. He is very detail oriented and everything worked out better than we could have imagined. We decided to have instrumental music during cocktail hour and we're so happy we did! It was perfect for the setting and they sounded amazing. During the reception they had the dance floor filled the whole time with guests of all ages, even my 88 year old uncle was out there! They played such a great variety and adhered to our requests with no problem! We could not be more thrilled we chose Ripcord to play at our wedding!!

Sarah · Married on 12/31/2016

Hands down best wedding band ever! Ripcord was the highlight of my New Years Eve wedding in the mountains of Vermont. From the very beginning of our conversations, Kevin was extremely professional, responsive and helpful and he remained my go-to resource for all wedding music related questions throughout the planning process. We had the Ananda and Jeremy duo for vocalists and they rocked the HOUSE - nonstop dancing, amazing set list, great interaction with the 'crowd' and amazing renditions of our favorite dance songs. Dancing and music was the top priority for our wedding and Ripcord was by far the best wedding decision we made!

Brittany · Married on 12/31/2016

Ripcord played at our NYE wedding and were AMAZING. They had everyone on the dance floor all night! We couldn't be more pleased with the music choices they played. We also had soloists for the ceremony and cocktail hour and the positive feedback from our guests was so wonderful. I would recommend Ripcord to anyone and everything looking to book their band!

Timothy · Married on 10/22/2016

My wife and I booked Ripcord for our wedding in October of 2016 and it was 100% the best decision we made during the planning process. As a touring musician myself, I knew I couldn't have a DJ and I am overly critical when it comes to live music. We went through what felt like hundreds of bands and finally found ripcord while out in Boston one night. We booked them that night and didn't even ask for a price up front, it honestly didn't matter what they said (mind you, we were working on a strict budget). Kevin's professionalism and promptness made him a delight to work with. I don't know what they charge now, but you could triple it and I would still find a way to make Ripcord be the band for your wedding. They're appropriately interactive and their set consists of songs to appeal to every guest at your wedding. I really can't say enough about ripcord. If there's one thing that makes a good wedding, it's incredible live music and If you want to have a wedding to remember and to keep people talking long after you're married, then look no further. Book Ripcord as soon as you can, it'll be the best decision you've ever made.

• Lauren

Lauren · Married on 08/13/2016

Best wedding decision we made!! Because of our time frame we booked Ripcord having only read online reviews but we were absolutely blown away when we heard them live! Kevin was so easy to work with while planning our wedding and always easy to reach and quick to answer any questions we had. The whole band did all the thinking for me during our reception, guiding the night along and leaving me to simply enjoy. What a night it was...as soon as the music started the dance floor was FULL. When I say full I mean the floor was quite literally shaking and only my 92 year old grandmother was in her seat. Everyone keeps telling us how much fun our wedding was and how much they loved our band! If you want an awesome wedding you NEED Ripcord, no brainer.

• Miss. Meow

Meredith · Married on 08/06/2016

Let me start off with the fact no one could tear me away from the dance floor on my wedding day! We booked the Ananda/Jeremy duo and they were absolutely amazing. Their chemistry between each other and vibe with the crowd was the best I have ever witnessed at a wedding. My primary goal was to have a dance party where everyone would be engaged and having fun. I have been told by numerous people that our wedding was the best they have been to. I can assure you one of the main reasons is because we had Ripcord as our band. Ananda, Jeremy, and Kevin (and the rest of the band) are incredibly talented and phenomenal musicians. Our dance floor was packed all night long and we sang and danced our hearts out. At the end of the night, my voice was raspy and I had salty cheeks from all the dancing. The energy was incredible, the music selection was outstanding, and their professionalism was insurmountable. Major kudos goes out to Kevin O’Brien, who facilitated all communication and was so easy to work with, understanding, and provided encouraging advice throughout the process of choosing our music. Kevin was quick to respond, thorough, and incredibly patient through our procrastination and indecisiveness. To me, choosing music for memories of a lifetime wasn’t easy and his guidance, thoughtfulness, and flexibility ensured trust and confidence in him (and the band). Without a doubt, this is the band to choose! We are from Baltimore and next time we travel to Maine (wedding spot), we are absolutely stopping in Boston area to get down with Ripcord!

Marc · Married on 08/05/2016

Ripcord played our wedding in August 2016, and they were absolutely INCREDIBLE. Booking them to play our wedding was the best decision we could have made. From the very start, working with Kevin to get all of the details arranged was quick and easy, and he was super responsive with his emails and calls. On the day of, we also hired Kevin to bring a PA system (we had an outdoor wedding) to make sure that we could amplify our procession music, our readers, and our live music during the ceremony. Given that our processional music was something unique to us (not Here comes the Bride, etc), Kevin even brought along similar music to play as “mood music” before the ceremony started. As part of their package, the band performed 3 “guaranteed” songs that we could request, which generally are used for the formal dances. The band learned our first dance song, as well as a song that my wife’s father had written to play as a surprise during her dance with him. You can also give Kevin a list of songs you’d like to hear and songs you absolutely do not want to hear and the band was really great at featuring the songs we had hoped to hear (though we missed one because we were taking pictures!). Kevin also created a custom playlist of the songs we definitely wanted to hear to play while the band was taking their breaks. And once the band got going, the dance floor was PACKED for the entire night. Our line-up featured Ananda and Jeremy on vocals and we couldn’t recommend them enough! Ananda and Jeremy have such incredible voices and energy, and Kevin, Jeremy, Tommy, and everyone else in the band are absolutely amazing musicians. Everyone, from our friends and family to our other vendors, couldn’t stop raving about them, and even our photographers said that they were the best wedding band they had ever seen. We've gone to see Ripcord play every chance we can around Boston since our wedding, and they've been just as fantastic. We could go on-and-on, but just book them now!

Kevin · Married on 07/10/2016

Ripcord is the best. We had the Ananda / Jeremy lineup and they were amazing. Gave the band specific instructions on how to modify for our first dance song since it was choreographed, and they executed it perfectly. Parent dances just as we asked. Keyboardist also played live ceremony music and was accommodating with the weather situation. The rest of the night was awesome. Tons of musical talent, good chemistry, song selection, and energy. Dance party all night and got lots of compliments on the band and people asking for their name.

Erin · Married on 03/19/2016

Here's my tip, look no further and book Ripcord- you will not be sorry I promise you. Ripcord provided the music for my ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, and to say they were amazing is an understatement. First of all, Kevin O'Brien was one of the best communicators through out my whole wedding planning process which was a year. He always responded quickly, with answers to everything. This band is worth every penny, we gave them our first dance and parent songs, and trusted them with the rest, and I am so glad we did. Our dance floor was literally full all night long and we had almost 200 guests at our wedding. Ananda, Erika and Joes voices are flawless. If you have any room in your budget to splurge for a 3rd vocalist, do it, it will just make your night that more memorable. It is over a month later and we are still receiving compliments about how fun and great the band was at our wedding. We told Kevin that the goal of our wedding was a fun night for our friends where everyone was up and dancing all night, and they exceeded our expectations.

This band ROCKED our daughter's New Year's Eve wedding. Phenomenal, professional, wonderful lead singer, played songs in every genre, kept everyone on the dance floor till the very end. Guests came to us to say how incredible they were. Worth every penny! All of their excellent reviews are well deserved! Thank you from some very pleased parents.