Rick Bouthiette Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

Lianna N. Married on 10/30/2021

We are so grateful for Rick Bouthiette Photography!

We can't recommend Rick Bouthiette Photography enough! Throughout our wedding planning experience, Rick was so responsive and attentive. Rick and Kate are extremely talented and we couldn't be happier with all of our photos of us, family, and friends to remind us of our special day.
    Julie D. Married on 10/24/2021

The Best!! Highly recommend!

My husband and I had the absolute best experience with Rick Bouthiette Photography. They were so friendly and kind, and always responded to us in a timely manner. They were so nice and flexible when we had to postpone our wedding. We loved the pricing and package which included engagement photos. Our photos came out just the way we wanted and more! We were so incredibly happy and grateful to have worked with them.
    Cm Married on 09/08/2021

wedding photos review

Great pics and very professional!
    Kevin Married on 05/29/2021

Amazing Photographers and People!

We cannot recommend Rick enough! Leading up to the wedding Rick was extremely helpful. Because he had shot at our venue before, he was able to recommend the best areas for the first look and wedding party pictures and he was able to provide us with a timeline to help plan our day. Then the day of the wedding he and his second shooter, Kate, were absolute rock stars. They picked the best places in the area for portraits and also captured a TON of candid's throughout the day. They also took amazing detail photos as well. My wife put a lot of thought and care into planning and making sure every little thing was perfect for us, and Rick and Kate captured everything. And just when we thought these two could not get any better, they sorted through and provided our photos in such a short amount of time! I am going to end this review the same way I began, Rick and Kate were absolutely amazing photographers and people! We would recommend them to anyone who needs a wedding photographer.
  • Heather
    Heather K. Married on 05/22/2021

AMAZING Photographer

Rick was AMAZING!!! He took beautiful pictures and picked the perfect spots for the portraits. He was SO nice and we recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer! Thank you so much Rick for capturing our day :)
    Kaitlyn H. Married on 08/15/2020

Book Rick!

Couldn't ask for better photos!
    My husband and I got married in the midst of COVID19 in Laconia, NH. We hired Rick after relying on many reviews and looking at his photos. We had multiple phone and email chats prior to the wedding. There was a questionnaire prior as well, which turned out to be very helpful. Rick & his assistant, Kate, captured all of the shots we wanted and they turned out absolutely beautiful. The only thing I would recommend to future couples (this may have been possible and I just don't remember), extend your time (if possible)! Unfortunately we only had Rick from about 1:30pm-8ish? I wish he was there to capture more of the dance floor and my husband and I dancing! And also the fireworks! In hindsight if this was possible (& again, it may have been!) we would have paid more! Definitely worth the money! We are so so happy with our photos! Great communication and professionalism as well. Would recommend to any bride.
    Kim H. Married on 08/01/2020

Highly Recommend!!!

We searched the Knot for a wedding photographer in NH near us. Someone who had excellent reviews... unique shots. After talking to Rick on the phone, I knew he was for us. Photos are very important to my husband and I. We like unique, stunning shots. But my husband doesn’t like posed, fake shots. Rick believes in candid as well as the formal shots. NH lifted some of their wedding COVID guidelines and Rick was great about being current with what was acceptable. He was flexible with our package after hearing our likes. Before the big day, he sends you a questionnaire and then a tentative schedule of the shots. Our idea for a place for outside shots lined right up with Rick’s. When the wedding came, we were ahead of schedule, which was great. Rick was fantastic at helping us relax and showcase who we are as a couple. His finished work made us laugh, cry, and sigh. He’s a hard worker who knows his craft. Proofs were done in a timely manner. Highly recommend him!
    Kyle Married on 07/11/2020

The Best Engagement Shoot!

Rick and Deb are awesome! We booked them for an engagement shoot, and we were absolutely thrilled with the results! They were a pleasure to work with, encouraging us to take natural shots that genuinely showcased our excitement and love for one another. It truly felt like the shot was about us - with our feelings for one another at the center. Thanks for such a great experience, Rick and Deb!
  • Nicole
    Nicole Married on 11/16/2019

A great experience with a dynamic duo!

Rick and Deb were everything my husband and I could have wanted from the beginning to the end. They worked well together as a team, they were always looking for different pictures, angles, and always open to suggestions on any picture ideas we had. They have clearly worked MANY weddings and we felt totally comfortable with everything in their hands. They fit right into our wedding party, they laughed, were serious when needed to be, and worked well with us, since both my husband and I are totally awkward when it comes to professional pictures and people starring at us. They made us feel as if things were totally natural and let us be our selves, goofy and all. The turnaround for our pictures was quick with both the engagement photos and our wedding photos, which was so nice especially since we got married right before the holidays. (November...) They provided us with a sneak peak video on Thanksgiving which we were lucky enough to share with our families. We were sad to have this day over for so many reasons, one being that we were no longer going to work with Rick and Deb.

If you are ever unsure about wedding pictures, please follow them on social media, and they will assure you that they are more than qualified and are always willing to go above and beyond!!!

Jessica Married on 10/12/2019

Fantastic!

We had an absolute wonderful experience with Rick from the beginning. He was super responsive, flexible, funny and incredibly easy to work with, which is a “must have” from a photographer with all the other delightful chaos of a wedding. He's professional and knows how to get the best shot. We could not have asked for a better experience for our pictures! We cannot recommend Rick enough for your big day!
    Jeanette Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing!!!

Rick and Deb are a great team! Great personalities and will do whatever needs to be done to get the pictures you want. The pictures were perfect!
    Alexia G. Married on 10/06/2019

Engagement + Wedding

Where do I even start! Rick and Deb have been there from the beginning! From doing our engagement photos to the big day. They make you feel so comfortable and laid back it’s as if you aren’t even doing a photo shoot! I’m not super comfortable in front of the camera and I have a real hard time loosening up. While we did our engagement photos I had no idea what I was doing, where to place what, how to smile, etc. They knew I had no idea what I was doing and while Rick took the pictures, Deb was right next to me guiding me what to do and showing me what looks good. They took their time and encouraged me that way I didn’t feel silly but I felt as if I was a model! For the big day, I was the the planner for my own wedding, Rick and I had spoke and made me feel at ease when he told me he would take over when he got there. They both arrived early and captured every aspect of us getting ready. I felt so much more calm when they arrived knowing that they do this all the time and I had nothing to worry about, and I didn’t! They weren’t only taking pictures, they were getting to know us and all of the family and friends that had arrived. Throughout the day it was amazing, I had a younger crowd for the groomsmen and bridesmaids, and their patients with the younger crowd also not having a clue what they were doing made me feel even more comfortable. If any of my friends or family needed a photographer they are the first ones that come to mind. They insert themselves as family to make the entire experience so much more worth it. I don’t think I could have pictured my day without them! And for whatever else comes down the road I know they would gladly be there for us and shoot again! A huge thank you to Rick and Deb for all they did, when I saw the photos I was speechless!
    Brittany Married on 09/14/2019

The BEST!!!!!

AMAZING! I cannot recommend Rick Bouthiette Photography enough! Having Rick Bouthiette Photography capture our wedding day 9/14/19 was the best wedding-related decision we made! Rick and Deb are the perfect tag team. From our first meeting with them we knew we had to go with them, not only because their photography skills are amazing, but because they are warm, kind people who truly enjoy their work.

Rick and Deb meshed with our families and guests quite well. For a photo before heading down to ceremony, I wanted all the bridesmaids to take a fireball shot. My cousin who was passing them out offered one to Deb, not realizing she was one of our “vendors,” my cousin thought she was a family friend! Of course, Deb had to decline, but this just goes to show the type of people Rick and Deb are. They blend right in with everyone and make everyone feel comfortable. I was informed after the wedding Deb was a lifesaver when it came to boutonnieres and pocket squares for the guys. My hair and makeup did not come out how it did at either of my trials which was stressful, as we were already running late. Rick reminded me to breathe and got some wonderful shots of me fixing my makeup (which at the time seemed hectic, but in the end made for unique photos). Deb offered moral support and helped ensure detail photos were taken care of as I was too busy to do this myself. During our engagement shoot with them last October I forgot gloves and my hands were FREEZING (It was about 40 degrees that day). Deb lent me her gloves. I truly cannot say enough good things about these people. They are the type of people you want around on your special day, talented and detail oriented, but also so compassionate and friendly.

The photos are beyond words. I honestly can’t say which I love more…. The candid photos or the posed photos, there is a hearty mix of both. I love that there are traditional wedding photos as well as people actually having fun and laughing. As we all know our loved ones won’t be around forever and I am grateful to have photos that capture them how I want to remember them- laughing, talking, enjoying themselves, etc. So many details of our day were captured by Rick and Deb and I truly appreciate that because with everything going on I didn’t get to stop and take every single one of them in. They were so considerate of the photos that were important to us and completely exceeded our expectations. Our photos are simply breathtaking. Rick Bouthiette Photography is fabulous! Hands down our best “vendor” (I hate calling them this because they are so personable, and after working so closely with them over the last 12+ months, I would consider them friends!). Way to go Rick and Deb!! We love you guys!

-Brittany and Kevin Ciccone
  • Jillian
    Jillian Married on 06/01/2019

Unbelievable Duo

Words cannot describe how amazing Rick and Deb are, not only as photographers, but as people.

We booked them two years out and for the two years leading up to our wedding they were always in contact making sure we were all set.

From our beautiful engagement photos, to our incredible wedding sneak peaks - we could not be more thankful they were the ones to capture our special day.

Rick and Deb took care of the day of timeline from the moment they arrived until the moment they left. They made sure everyone was were they needed to be and made my husband and I so comfortable in front of the camera.

In addition they brought a third shooter, Linda Jennings to help shoot the first look, ceremony and bridal party pictures. She brought some great ideas and helped make Kyle and I feel so comfortable.

An amazing team that you won’t be sorry you hired!

Sarah Married on 10/20/2018

Fantastic experience!

Deb and Rick were such a pleasure to work with. I was so nervous about all the things I was trying to pack into a tight schedule and they helped ease my anxiety. The day flowed so well - I can't even think of anything we missed. They were patient with all of our family members and the less-than-ideal direct sunlight. They facilitated a beautiful first look for us. They made the photos fun and definitely captured some amazing shots. They accommodated different getting ready locations, different ceremony and reception locations (30 min apart), first look and a full reception and allowed us to purchase extra hours. I cannot wait to see our photos - the first 2 are ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. You will not be disappointed if you choose Deb and Rick!
    Lauren Married on 08/04/2018
    Where do I begin.. Rick and Deb are AMAZING! From our very first meeting with Rick and Deb, we knew we found the perfect photographers to capture our wedding day. We met with them at their home and spent hours talking about our wedding and getting to know one another. Our second meeting was a complementary engagement shoot, where we were able to further strengthen our bond and get comfortable in front of cameras before the wedding day. They invest their time in getting to know you as if you are their only clients, which we really appreciated. There were multiple calls between us leading up to the wedding and made themselves available at all times for any questions that came up.
    Due to logistics of our separate bride and groom prep locations, we decided to add a 3rd photographer days before our wedding. They easily worked with us to get a last minute photographer to help capture everything that was important to us.
    Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and Rick and Deb were with us for every step of the way. I look back at the incredible photographs and wonder how they were able to capture some of the shots they did. The pictures show that they were everywhere but no where at the same time and they blended in seamlessly with everything that went on.
    Having two, or even three, photographers was a no brainer. Different angles and so many priceless reactions and moments were captured for us to cherish for a lifetime. We cannot recommend them enough!!!
    Maria Married on 04/06/2018
    We met Rick and Deb at our cousins Gerry and Christy’s wedding. Our wedding plans were in the works - I was especially in awe of Rick and Deb that day. John and I had an engagement photo taken that day, it was really beautiful. So on from there we were hooked on Rick and Deb. I will quote someone else by chiming in that “They are the nicest people, to work with, and in general, and are willing to do whatever it takes to get the shots for the most AMAZING pictures!” We wanted our engagement photo shoot to take place in the Winter in NH. The weather was just not cooperating for clean snow and right amount of light. Rick and I watched the weather for weeks until the right day came upon us and that morning Rick was ready to meet for our photo shoot. Again, amazing! Rick captured us in Winter against frozen Lake Winni and on a Ski trail by our Wolfeboro weekend home. Rick and Deb were so much fun to work with!

All the work that they did for us, engagement session, slide shows, Wedding day photos resulted in absolutely beautiful photos capturing the most precious moments for us and our families and friends. Thank you – we consider you as our friends.
    Amanda Married on 10/28/2017
    I wish I could give them more than 5 stars! Rick and Deb are AMAZING! My husband and I are a bit camera shy to the point where my husband didn’t even want to get photos, but Rick and Deb really took the time to make us both feel comfortable and relaxed the whole day. They both brought us under their wings and made us feel like a part of their family. They helped us create a timeline and helped us stay on time. Their communication with us was wonderful, they were always available to answer any of our questions. They asked me if there were any photos that I really wanted and I told them about some shots that I wanted with my veil blowing in the wind and they were able to work with me to make sure we got the photo. (and it turned out better than I could have imaged) The photos that they capture truly caught the mood and the essence of our special day and I love all of our photos. Words really cannot explain how great Rick and Deb are to work with! They are truly the dream team and we couldn’t be happier that we went with them.
    Kim Married on 09/02/2017
    After our first meeting we immediately knew Rick and Deb were the right photographers for our wedding. I love the detail they went through to help us understand the process, and they really listened to what we wanted. The day of our wedding was wonderful, they guided us through each step can captured everything! We received out pictures and our guests received a link after our approval. We were so happy with the finished product and would whole-heartily recommend them to future Brides & Grooms!
    Christy Married on 08/12/2017
    Rick Bouthiette Photography was amazing and captured the magic of our wedding day better than I could have ever imagined. We were married at Steele Hill Resorts under a beautiful birch arch, overlooking an incredible scenery of mountains & trees and they captured every wonderful detail perfectly. They put myself and my husband at ease while taking pictures and truly encouraged us to have fun throughout the process. They are a great team and we received many compliments from friends and family during the wedding and then again when the proofs were available for viewing. They came out beautiful and there were so many captured. I would highly recommend Rick & Deb for your wedding and would absolutely reach out to them again for any photography needs I may have in the future. Thank you Rick and Deb for your part in making our dream wedding everything we wanted!
    Missy Married on 07/08/2017
    Rick & Deb are an amazing couple to have for any occasion!!! They are the nicest people, to work with, and in general, and are willing to do whatever it takes to get the shots for the most AMAZING pictures! I have nothing negative to say about them! They went above & beyond anything I was expecting! Not only do I have pictures of my husband & I and our wedding party but the entire wedding; they captured every moment right up until the end of the night! Rick & Deb were recommended to us & I would highly recommend them to any and everyone who needs a photographer for any occasion! They were to accommodate our schedule into theirs & for that I can't thank them enough. THANK YOU Rick & Deb for 2 amazing photo shoots (and for making the trip to Newmarket to Adam's Point for us!) and making our special day even more amazing! I can't say that enough!
    George Married on 07/07/2017
    Let me just echo my bride’s praise for your wonderful photos and slide show of our engagement session, rehearsal dinner, "getting ready", ceremony and reception photos.  We will treasure the photos and slide show and go back to them many times.  We also marvel at some of the captivating photos you took of family members and guests.  You’ve captured their mood and personality in a very disarming way that they too will treasure. Rick, you and Deb surpassed our wildest dreams! We can't thank you enough. George and Lisa
  • Emilie
    Emilie Married on 07/01/2017
    I was so grateful to have Rick and Deb by our side on our wedding day! They were professional, thoughtful, very sensitive to our needs -and they captured beautiful moments throughout the day! My husband and I both feel shy in front of a camera, but they made us feel so comfortable. We were so impressed with the way they worked together -Deb focused in and found beautiful candid moments of our families and friends and Rick artfully photographed my husband and I. We were impressed with the way they were able to create a story with their images and in addition to the files and images they created a slideshow with some of the best shots from the day. We loved working with both Rick and Deb and would highly recommend them to anybody looking for an excellent pair of wedding photographers!
    Alicia Married on 10/22/2016
    Rick & Deb are amazing photographers. It has been four weeks since my wedding and guests are still talking about how amazing my photos are. Their photography package was a perfect fit for us, with so much included! They made me feel comfortable and excited the day of the wedding. I HIGHLY recommend Rick & Deb for any photography purpose.
    Barbara Married on 10/15/2016
    Rick & Deb are very talented & were a pleasure to work with during our daughter's wedding. They have decades of experience & it shows. They spent the entire wedding day with us ,were very professional & easy to be around. They captured the essence & beauty of the day perfectly! We couldn't be happier with the photos they took. They do exquisite work.