Rick Bouthiette Photography Reviews

78 | Candia, NH

78 Reviews for Rick Bouthiette Photography

Cm · Getting married on 09/08/2021

wedding photos review

Great pics and very professional!

Sent on 10/29/2020

Kaitlyn Harris · Married on 08/15/2020

Book Rick!

Couldn't ask for better photos!
    My husband and I got married in the midst of COVID19 in Laconia, NH. We hired Rick after relying on many reviews and looking at his photos. We had multiple phone and email chats prior to the wedding. There was a questionnaire prior as well, which turned out to be very helpful. Rick & his assistant, Kate, captured all of the shots we wanted and they turned out absolutely beautiful. The only thing I would recommend to future couples (this may have been possible and I just don't remember), extend your time (if possible)! Unfortunately we only had Rick from about 1:30pm-8ish? I wish he was there to capture more of the dance floor and my husband and I dancing! And also the fireworks! In hindsight if this was possible (& again, it may have been!) we would have paid more! Definitely worth the money! We are so so happy with our photos! Great communication and professionalism as well. Would recommend to any bride.

Sent on 09/19/2020

Kim Howe · Married on 08/01/2020

Highly Recommend!!!

We searched the Knot for a wedding photographer in NH near us. Someone who had excellent reviews... unique shots. After talking to Rick on the phone, I knew he was for us. Photos are very important to my husband and I. We like unique, stunning shots. But my husband doesn’t like posed, fake shots. Rick believes in candid as well as the formal shots. NH lifted some of their wedding COVID guidelines and Rick was great about being current with what was acceptable. He was flexible with our package after hearing our likes. Before the big day, he sends you a questionnaire and then a tentative schedule of the shots. Our idea for a place for outside shots lined right up with Rick’s. When the wedding came, we were ahead of schedule, which was great. Rick was fantastic at helping us relax and showcase who we are as a couple. His finished work made us laugh, cry, and sigh. He’s a hard worker who knows his craft. Proofs were done in a timely manner. Highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/03/2020

Kyle · Married on 07/11/2020

The Best Engagement Shoot!

Rick and Deb are awesome! We booked them for an engagement shoot, and we were absolutely thrilled with the results! They were a pleasure to work with, encouraging us to take natural shots that genuinely showcased our excitement and love for one another. It truly felt like the shot was about us - with our feelings for one another at the center. Thanks for such a great experience, Rick and Deb!

Sent on 09/22/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 11/16/2019

A great experience with a dynamic duo!

Rick and Deb were everything my husband and I could have wanted from the beginning to the end. They worked well together as a team, they were always looking for different pictures, angles, and always open to suggestions on any picture ideas we had. They have clearly worked MANY weddings and we felt totally comfortable with everything in their hands. They fit right into our wedding party, they laughed, were serious when needed to be, and worked well with us, since both my husband and I are totally awkward when it comes to professional pictures and people starring at us. They made us feel as if things were totally natural and let us be our selves, goofy and all. The turnaround for our pictures was quick with both the engagement photos and our wedding photos, which was so nice especially since we got married right before the holidays. (November...) They provided us with a sneak peak video on Thanksgiving which we were lucky enough to share with our families. We were sad to have this day over for so many reasons, one being that we were no longer going to work with Rick and Deb.

If you are ever unsure about wedding pictures, please follow them on social media, and they will assure you that they are more than qualified and are always willing to go above and beyond!!!

Sent on 01/21/2020

Jeanette · Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing!!!

Rick and Deb are a great team! Great personalities and will do whatever needs to be done to get the pictures you want. The pictures were perfect!

Sent on 09/13/2019

Alexia Gendreau · Married on 10/06/2019

Engagement + Wedding

Where do I even start! Rick and Deb have been there from the beginning! From doing our engagement photos to the big day. They make you feel so comfortable and laid back it’s as if you aren’t even doing a photo shoot! I’m not super comfortable in front of the camera and I have a real hard time loosening up. While we did our engagement photos I had no idea what I was doing, where to place what, how to smile, etc. They knew I had no idea what I was doing and while Rick took the pictures, Deb was right next to me guiding me what to do and showing me what looks good. They took their time and encouraged me that way I didn’t feel silly but I felt as if I was a model! For the big day, I was the the planner for my own wedding, Rick and I had spoke and made me feel at ease when he told me he would take over when he got there. They both arrived early and captured every aspect of us getting ready. I felt so much more calm when they arrived knowing that they do this all the time and I had nothing to worry about, and I didn’t! They weren’t only taking pictures, they were getting to know us and all of the family and friends that had arrived. Throughout the day it was amazing, I had a younger crowd for the groomsmen and bridesmaids, and their patients with the younger crowd also not having a clue what they were doing made me feel even more comfortable. If any of my friends or family needed a photographer they are the first ones that come to mind. They insert themselves as family to make the entire experience so much more worth it. I don’t think I could have pictured my day without them! And for whatever else comes down the road I know they would gladly be there for us and shoot again! A huge thank you to Rick and Deb for all they did, when I saw the photos I was speechless!

Sent on 01/15/2020

Brittany · Married on 09/14/2019

The BEST!!!!!

AMAZING! I cannot recommend Rick Bouthiette Photography enough! Having Rick Bouthiette Photography capture our wedding day 9/14/19 was the best wedding-related decision we made! Rick and Deb are the perfect tag team. From our first meeting with them we knew we had to go with them, not only because their photography skills are amazing, but because they are warm, kind people who truly enjoy their work.

Rick and Deb meshed with our families and guests quite well. For a photo before heading down to ceremony, I wanted all the bridesmaids to take a fireball shot. My cousin who was passing them out offered one to Deb, not realizing she was one of our “vendors,” my cousin thought she was a family friend! Of course, Deb had to decline, but this just goes to show the type of people Rick and Deb are. They blend right in with everyone and make everyone feel comfortable. I was informed after the wedding Deb was a lifesaver when it came to boutonnieres and pocket squares for the guys. My hair and makeup did not come out how it did at either of my trials which was stressful, as we were already running late. Rick reminded me to breathe and got some wonderful shots of me fixing my makeup (which at the time seemed hectic, but in the end made for unique photos). Deb offered moral support and helped ensure detail photos were taken care of as I was too busy to do this myself. During our engagement shoot with them last October I forgot gloves and my hands were FREEZING (It was about 40 degrees that day). Deb lent me her gloves. I truly cannot say enough good things about these people. They are the type of people you want around on your special day, talented and detail oriented, but also so compassionate and friendly.

The photos are beyond words. I honestly can’t say which I love more…. The candid photos or the posed photos, there is a hearty mix of both. I love that there are traditional wedding photos as well as people actually having fun and laughing. As we all know our loved ones won’t be around forever and I am grateful to have photos that capture them how I want to remember them- laughing, talking, enjoying themselves, etc. So many details of our day were captured by Rick and Deb and I truly appreciate that because with everything going on I didn’t get to stop and take every single one of them in. They were so considerate of the photos that were important to us and completely exceeded our expectations. Our photos are simply breathtaking. Rick Bouthiette Photography is fabulous! Hands down our best “vendor” (I hate calling them this because they are so personable, and after working so closely with them over the last 12+ months, I would consider them friends!). Way to go Rick and Deb!! We love you guys!

-Brittany and Kevin Ciccone

Sent on 10/11/2019
  • Jillian

Jillian · Married on 06/01/2019

Unbelievable Duo

Words cannot describe how amazing Rick and Deb are, not only as photographers, but as people.

We booked them two years out and for the two years leading up to our wedding they were always in contact making sure we were all set.

From our beautiful engagement photos, to our incredible wedding sneak peaks - we could not be more thankful they were the ones to capture our special day.

Rick and Deb took care of the day of timeline from the moment they arrived until the moment they left. They made sure everyone was were they needed to be and made my husband and I so comfortable in front of the camera.

In addition they brought a third shooter, Linda Jennings to help shoot the first look, ceremony and bridal party pictures. She brought some great ideas and helped make Kyle and I feel so comfortable.

An amazing team that you won’t be sorry you hired!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Sarah · Married on 10/20/2018

Fantastic experience!

Deb and Rick were such a pleasure to work with. I was so nervous about all the things I was trying to pack into a tight schedule and they helped ease my anxiety. The day flowed so well - I can't even think of anything we missed. They were patient with all of our family members and the less-than-ideal direct sunlight. They facilitated a beautiful first look for us. They made the photos fun and definitely captured some amazing shots. They accommodated different getting ready locations, different ceremony and reception locations (30 min apart), first look and a full reception and allowed us to purchase extra hours. I cannot wait to see our photos - the first 2 are ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. You will not be disappointed if you choose Deb and Rick!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Lauren · Married on 08/04/2018

Where do I begin.. Rick and Deb are AMAZING! From our very first meeting with Rick and Deb, we knew we found the perfect photographers to capture our wedding day. We met with them at their home and spent hours talking about our wedding and getting to know one another. Our second meeting was a complementary engagement shoot, where we were able to further strengthen our bond and get comfortable in front of cameras before the wedding day. They invest their time in getting to know you as if you are their only clients, which we really appreciated. There were multiple calls between us leading up to the wedding and made themselves available at all times for any questions that came up.
    Due to logistics of our separate bride and groom prep locations, we decided to add a 3rd photographer days before our wedding. They easily worked with us to get a last minute photographer to help capture everything that was important to us.
    Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and Rick and Deb were with us for every step of the way. I look back at the incredible photographs and wonder how they were able to capture some of the shots they did. The pictures show that they were everywhere but no where at the same time and they blended in seamlessly with everything that went on.
    Having two, or even three, photographers was a no brainer. Different angles and so many priceless reactions and moments were captured for us to cherish for a lifetime. We cannot recommend them enough!!!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Maria · Married on 04/06/2018

We met Rick and Deb at our cousins Gerry and Christy’s wedding. Our wedding plans were in the works - I was especially in awe of Rick and Deb that day. John and I had an engagement photo taken that day, it was really beautiful. So on from there we were hooked on Rick and Deb. I will quote someone else by chiming in that “They are the nicest people, to work with, and in general, and are willing to do whatever it takes to get the shots for the most AMAZING pictures!” We wanted our engagement photo shoot to take place in the Winter in NH. The weather was just not cooperating for clean snow and right amount of light. Rick and I watched the weather for weeks until the right day came upon us and that morning Rick was ready to meet for our photo shoot. Again, amazing! Rick captured us in Winter against frozen Lake Winni and on a Ski trail by our Wolfeboro weekend home. Rick and Deb were so much fun to work with!

All the work that they did for us, engagement session, slide shows, Wedding day photos resulted in absolutely beautiful photos capturing the most precious moments for us and our families and friends. Thank you – we consider you as our friends.

Sent on 08/06/2018

Amanda · Married on 10/28/2017

I wish I could give them more than 5 stars! Rick and Deb are AMAZING! My husband and I are a bit camera shy to the point where my husband didn’t even want to get photos, but Rick and Deb really took the time to make us both feel comfortable and relaxed the whole day. They both brought us under their wings and made us feel like a part of their family. They helped us create a timeline and helped us stay on time. Their communication with us was wonderful, they were always available to answer any of our questions. They asked me if there were any photos that I really wanted and I told them about some shots that I wanted with my veil blowing in the wind and they were able to work with me to make sure we got the photo. (and it turned out better than I could have imaged) The photos that they capture truly caught the mood and the essence of our special day and I love all of our photos. Words really cannot explain how great Rick and Deb are to work with! They are truly the dream team and we couldn’t be happier that we went with them.

Sent on 10/14/2018

Kim · Married on 09/02/2017

After our first meeting we immediately knew Rick and Deb were the right photographers for our wedding. I love the detail they went through to help us understand the process, and they really listened to what we wanted. The day of our wedding was wonderful, they guided us through each step can captured everything! We received out pictures and our guests received a link after our approval. We were so happy with the finished product and would whole-heartily recommend them to future Brides & Grooms!

Sent on 10/06/2017

christy · Married on 08/12/2017

Rick Bouthiette Photography was amazing and captured the magic of our wedding day better than I could have ever imagined. We were married at Steele Hill Resorts under a beautiful birch arch, overlooking an incredible scenery of mountains & trees and they captured every wonderful detail perfectly. They put myself and my husband at ease while taking pictures and truly encouraged us to have fun throughout the process. They are a great team and we received many compliments from friends and family during the wedding and then again when the proofs were available for viewing. They came out beautiful and there were so many captured. I would highly recommend Rick & Deb for your wedding and would absolutely reach out to them again for any photography needs I may have in the future. Thank you Rick and Deb for your part in making our dream wedding everything we wanted!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Missy · Married on 07/08/2017

Rick & Deb are an amazing couple to have for any occasion!!! They are the nicest people, to work with, and in general, and are willing to do whatever it takes to get the shots for the most AMAZING pictures! I have nothing negative to say about them! They went above & beyond anything I was expecting! Not only do I have pictures of my husband & I and our wedding party but the entire wedding; they captured every moment right up until the end of the night! Rick & Deb were recommended to us & I would highly recommend them to any and everyone who needs a photographer for any occasion! They were to accommodate our schedule into theirs & for that I can't thank them enough. THANK YOU Rick & Deb for 2 amazing photo shoots (and for making the trip to Newmarket to Adam's Point for us!) and making our special day even more amazing! I can't say that enough!

Sent on 08/23/2017

George · Married on 07/07/2017

Let me just echo my bride’s praise for your wonderful photos and slide show of our engagement session, rehearsal dinner, "getting ready", ceremony and reception photos.  We will treasure the photos and slide show and go back to them many times.  We also marvel at some of the captivating photos you took of family members and guests.  You’ve captured their mood and personality in a very disarming way that they too will treasure. Rick, you and Deb surpassed our wildest dreams! We can't thank you enough. George and Lisa

Sent on 10/08/2017
  • Emilie

Emilie · Married on 07/01/2017

I was so grateful to have Rick and Deb by our side on our wedding day! They were professional, thoughtful, very sensitive to our needs -and they captured beautiful moments throughout the day! My husband and I both feel shy in front of a camera, but they made us feel so comfortable. We were so impressed with the way they worked together -Deb focused in and found beautiful candid moments of our families and friends and Rick artfully photographed my husband and I. We were impressed with the way they were able to create a story with their images and in addition to the files and images they created a slideshow with some of the best shots from the day. We loved working with both Rick and Deb and would highly recommend them to anybody looking for an excellent pair of wedding photographers!

Sent on 08/11/2017

Alicia · Married on 10/22/2016

Rick & Deb are amazing photographers. It has been four weeks since my wedding and guests are still talking about how amazing my photos are. Their photography package was a perfect fit for us, with so much included! They made me feel comfortable and excited the day of the wedding. I HIGHLY recommend Rick & Deb for any photography purpose.

Sent on 11/20/2016

Barbara · Married on 10/15/2016

Rick & Deb are very talented & were a pleasure to work with during our daughter's wedding. They have decades of experience & it shows. They spent the entire wedding day with us ,were very professional & easy to be around. They captured the essence & beauty of the day perfectly! We couldn't be happier with the photos they took. They do exquisite work.

Sent on 11/16/2016

Rick and Deb are wonderful people to work with. We could not have asked for a better experience and outcome. When we first meet with Rick and Deb, they reviewed the importance of an engagement session. We are glad we took advantage of the engagement session. It allowed us to work together and learn poses prior to the wedding. They know how to help people relax and enjoy themselves during the photography sessions. The pictures from the engagement session and the wedding are absolutely stunning. During the time leading up to the wedding, Rick and Deb were very supportive, helping us with timelines and goals. They always responded to emails and phone calls in a timely fashion. On the day of the wedding, Rick and Deb were there to support Joe and me. Neither of them is pushy nor makes you feel like you are on a schedule. They take their time and it is obvious to the guests as well. Rick and Deb truly have a skill for photography and couples. They want you to have a wonderful time and happy memories. It was a delightful experience and something we will treasure. We look forward to working with them in the future and we highly recommend.

Sent on 01/12/2017

Lisa · Married on 09/10/2016

Rick and Deb were fantastic to work with from beginning to end! The engagement session really did help to make us more comfortable on the wedding day working together. They have had so much experience that they are a great team to have with you on your wedding day. They pay attention to timeline details that we wouldn’t have thought of on our own. They absolutely honored our request to move along the formals so that we could get back to the party. They did this all while still capturing all of the amazing photos we had hoped for. We would highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/22/2016

Shawna · Married on 09/04/2016

Rick and Deb were so amazing to work with. We felt so comfortable with them that they honestly felt like family. My friend used them for her wedding when I was a bridesmaid, and after that, I just knew I had to work with them too. During both our engagement shoot (which was free!) and our wedding pictures, we had so much fun, we didn't want it to end. For everything they include, I feel they are extremely reasonable and a great value. We just got our pictures back last week and absolutely love them! Now we have to pick out pictures for our album (also included), which is going to be difficult since there are so many good ones! Thanks so much, Rick and Deb!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Alison · Married on 09/03/2016

I don't even know where to begin... Rick and Deb are such fantastic people. They are both kind, caring, creative, amazing TALENTED photographers. We knew from the very first time we met them at their house we just had to work with them, it felt like getting together with great friends. They went above and beyond and helped us create a wedding timeline, which is great because planning a wedding is hard since you only do it once in your life. Trust & listen to them because they do this almost every weekend and they are pros! Our photos came out better than we could have ever imagined, and as an added bonus we have built a great relationship with Rick and Deb. They are so much fun to work with, and that's coming from 2 people that typically don't like their picture taken. Brides- any small details in photos like a stray hair or someone's stance or hand placement... well you won't have time to worry about that because Deb will have fixed it before you can stress! As Rick will tell you "no need to worry because Deb will worry for you" Trust them with your wedding photos, you will not regret it! So happy we chose them.

Sent on 11/04/2016

Samantha · Married on 09/02/2016

Rick and Deb are a husband and wife team who managed to take beautiful engagement pictures of us despite our nerves and anxiety. Neither of us like having our picture taken, but Rick and Deb cajoled us along, making as laugh and telling us exactly what to do. Out sneak peek picture came out so wonderful, I can't wait to see the rest and have them as our wedding photographers!

Sent on 10/28/2015