Richmond Hill City Center Reviews

Richmond Hill City Center 4
Richmond Hill City Center 5

Ashley · Married on 04/20/2019

Incredible company

The Richmond Hill City Center was a wonderful company to work with! They were all so attentive and great at communicating and getting back to me quickly. They provided so many great qualities to our wedding day. I would highly recommend their venue and staff to anyone!!!

Sent on 03/19/2019
    Richmond Hill City Center 6
    Richmond Hill City Center 7
    Richmond Hill City Center 8
    Richmond Hill City Center 9
    Richmond Hill City Center 10

Elizabeth · Married on 03/23/2019

Elaine Bryant and Johnnie Miracle Wedding 6 April 2019

This experience at the City Center in JF Gregory Park in Richmond Hill, Georgia was excellent. Caitlin was handling two wedding that I know of and she and her staff were very professional and caring about us and our guests. All the way thru the panning she and I kept in contact with each other. I will recommend the City Center to my friends and family. What a beautiful place for a Wedding.

Sent on 04/15/2019

Kayla Mccormick · Married on 03/09/2019

Absolutely Perfect

If we could do our big day all over again we would chose to have our wedding reception and ceremony at the City Center every single time. From the very beginning, Beverly was so extremely helpful and flexible. Up until the morning of she was checking in to make sure we were getting what we needed and went the extra mile to make sure everything was perfect. She allowed us to get there as early as we needed and even let us keep some of the chairs outside so we could avoid unnecessary fees from other vendors. The staff was so friendly and worked so hard to make sure we were doing okay and satisfied with the food, lighting, drinks, and set up. Beverly and her staff of servers, bartenders, assistants and chefs are hands down the best around. Every guest had so many compliments and not one person had a complaint about the food. Even when some guests needed specific changes to their plate they immediately adjusted the meal for them. The food was absolutely amazing. The chicken Marsala, Georgian salad and banana pudding were to die for. I can’t say enough good things about this venue and the team working there! Thank you all so much. Scott and I are so so thankful!

Sent on 03/11/2019

Kayla and Scott,

Thank you so much for the sweet review! It was such a pleasure to work with you! Your wedding was spectacular! We look forward to having you back for all of your event needs!

Best wishes to both of you!

RHCC team

Candie · Married on 08/18/2018

The venue was great and worth the money. Very reasonable compared to other places. Definitely recommend this venue!

Sent on 09/08/2018

Kylee · Married on 11/12/2016

The biggest perk of choosing to have my wedding and reception at the city center was Caitlin. She kept everyone in the loop throughout the whole planning process, any questions I had she immediately answered, and really helped my day go smoothly. Ultimately she was better than the day of planners that were hired. RH City Center is a gorgeous location and the food was honestly fantastic, I was bummed I couldn’t take leftovers. Overall, you won’t be disappointed booking your wedding here!

Sent on 05/10/2018

Richmond Hill City Center's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review! We work really hard to offer great food in the best possible environment, so I am happy to see that reflected at your wedding! It was an absolute pleasure to work with you! Best Wishes! -Caitlin

Can't say enough wonderful things about Caitlin and the Richmond Hill City Center! Caitlin handled virtually all of the details from the time that we booked the venue, and made the entire process so much more enjoyable and less stressful as we started to plan the wedding. I asked for recommendations for other vendors, and everyone she recommended was equally amazing. She designed the room, made the table decorations, and coordinated all aspects of our reception; which allowed us to have a fantastic time with our families and friends. The food was amazing and the serving staff was very friendly and professional. I would definitely recommend this venue to someone looking to plan wedding.

Sent on 11/01/2014
  • neo104

Nikki · Married on 10/04/2014

Catlin was an amazing person to work with during the whole process! We had everything run extremely smooth and the staff bent over more than backwards. I had sooooo many compliments about the food- it was probably the best I've ever tasted! The facilities are perfect and I couldn't have been happier! Hands down- this place rocks.

Sent on 10/08/2014

Richmond Hill City Center's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review! It was a pleasure to work with you, and we wish you both nothing but the best!

Congratulations!

• Tammy

Tammy · Married on 07/26/2014

Zandy and I and our guest loved the atmosphere here, the team at the Richmond Hill City Center were very supportive and there for our every need. Special Thanks to Caitlin and Beverly for their kindness and support. The center is beautiful inside and out.

Sent on 08/03/2014

Richmond Hill City Center's reply:

Thank you for you're kind review! You both were such a pleasure to work with! I wish you both the best, and many years of happiness!

Dawn · Married on 05/23/2014

I love Caitlin! She was the absolute best! I highly recommend the Richmond Hill City Center. Everything was perfect.

Sent on 06/05/2014

Dawn,

Thank you for your kind words! Your wedding was beautiful, and it was such a pleasure to work with you! I am so glad to hear that you liked everything! Congratulations to you both! We wish you a lifetime of happiness!

-Richmond Hill City Center Team

I could not have asked for a better place to hold my Wedding Reception. The day was amazing. My wedding party was able to come into the City Center first thing in the morning to set up my table decoration. I had my bridesmaids meet at the City Center and we were all able to get ready upstairs in the Bridal Ready room (it was included in the wedding packet), it made for a very low stress day knowing that I didn't have to run from place to place the day of my wedding.

I had my ceremony off site at my Church. We had a afternoon wedding, so instead of doing a full dinner, we chose to have just heavy Hors d' Oeuvres. It worked out perfectly!! Once the reception doors open, the staff went ahead and opened up all of the different food lines therefore everyone could get something to eat as they came into the ballroom from the Veranda and there were not any long lines & people waiting. I had over 200 guests, so the fact that there were not people just standing around waiting for food says a lot! The serves were great, and were very attentive of what the guest needed.

I would recommend the Richmond Hill City Center to everyone! The staff is great to work with, and they make you feel like your wedding is the only event they are planning and coordinating!

Sent on 02/18/2014

Richmond Hill City Center's reply:

Thank you for your review! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your wedding reception with us!

We are glad you took advantage of the Bridal Ready Rooms upstairs, it sure does make your day stress free!

Congratulations to you both!

Julie · Married on 07/13/2013

The Richmond Hill City Center is a beautiful venue! My daughter's Wedding reception was amazing. The food was excellent. The staff was very professional and friendly. This special day was absolutely perfect! I recommend this place for any event.

Sent on 06/27/2014

Julie,

Thank you for your sweet review! I am glad that you enjoyed everything! Please keep us in mind for any future events you will be hosting

Many Thanks,
    RHCC Team

I cannot say "Thank You" enough to the City Center! They made my life so much easier. Having everything there was a great experience. The staff is welcoming and very easy to work with. The food was incredible and my guests are still talking about it today. They were quick to respond with any and all questions. They made my dream wedding come true!

Sent on 04/28/2013

Jennifer · Married on 04/16/2011

In order to simplify our wedding plans, we wanted to be able to have both our ceremony and reception at the same location. This is one of the reasons why we chose the Richmond Hill City Center. They can handle both the ceremony and reception, as well as accomodate a large number of guests.

The Richmond Hill City Center is a beautiful venue at the back of J.F. Gregory Park. We had our ceremony outside on their lawn, which backs up to a wooded area full of majestic oaks, draping in spanish moss. The lawn is bordered by azeleas and magnolia trees. The perfect setting for an outdoor ceremony!

The reception was held in their ballroom. The outside looks like a traditional southern mansion. The decor inside the ballroom is neutral, so it did not limit us to certain colors or any kind of theme. The entire back of the ballroom is lined with floor to ceiling windows, which open up to the huge screened veranda. An absolutely beautiful setting!

More importantly, the team at the Richmond Hill City Center was great. They all worked extremely hard to put together our wedding, and they exceeded are expectations! The service they provided was first class. Each individual that worked our event went above and beyond to ensure that everything ran smoothly the day of our wedding. Al Smith was our contact during the planning process, and he was always available and very helpful throughout the process.

We can not say enough about everyone at the Richmond Hill City Center. They really put together a memorable day for us and all our guests.

Thank you Al and the entire team!!

Larry and Jennifer

Sent on 05/02/2011
  • User4540561 · event on: 11/08/2014

Wonderful service, people, place, and food!

Sent on 11/11/2014

Sarah · Married on 11/16/2013

My husband and I were planning our wedding in less than four months, and Richmond Hill City Center was more than accommodating. The price was all inclusive, and the facility was beautiful. It offered us rooms to prepare in beforehand and lovely decor to accommodate our guests. The shrimp-and-grits bar was awesome! Everyone enjoyed that. Caitlin was very helpful; full of knowledge and knew exactly what we were wanting for our wedding. The back porch was beautiful!

Sent on 04/13/2014

Richmond Hill City Center's reply:

Thank you for allowing the Richmond Hill City Center to be a part of your special day! I am so glad that you and all of your guests enjoyed everything!

Congratulations to you both!

• Shelley

Shelley · Married on 04/08/2017

We used the City Center for our rehearsal/rehearsal dinner and the wedding ceremony and reception. We also got ready on site there the morning of the wedding. Caitlin and her team were great - everyone we talked to was super friendly! And all of our guests absolutely RAVED about the food at the rehearsal dinner and reception!

Sent on 04/19/2017
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 06/18/2016

3.5

I had my wedding and reception at the Richmond Hill City Center and I loved it! I know I was the most nervous and anxiety filled bride, but the staff at the City Center were always so nice. I originally reached out to the venue in January through weddingwire... and I received an instant response from Beverly. I was so impressed especially since it was after hours. Within the following weeks I met with Catlin and worked with her the duration of the time leading up to my wedding date. Even when there would be times I could not meet with Catlin someone else would be there willing to help and to put my worries at ease and I so greatly appreciate it! The day of my wedding everything went seamlessly. My guests were so impressed by the catering and just the beauty of the city center itself. I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome of it. I am so grateful to everyone at the city center and especially to Catlin! I WILL recommend the Richmond Hill City Center to everyone I know having an event, especially anyone having a wedding. A million times thank you and even more!

Sent on 06/26/2016
  • Y

yaritza · Married on 05/14/2016

3.5

This venue and it's staff was amazing. Only thing we didn't feel was right was that we paid so much money for the food and it went to waste, people were asking we was it taken away so soon.

Sent on 06/13/2016

Good Morning!

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I am sorry you felt your buffet was taken away too soon. I can insure that it was available for the appropriate amount of time. For health reasons, as stated in the signed catering contract, buffet and reception items are available for a 1 hour and 30 minute time period. This insures that the food has stayed at temperature and diminishes the risk of any foodborne illnesses. It was a pleasure to have you with us, you certainly were a gorgeous bride.

Christen · Married on 08/01/2015

They place was so beautiful and very clean. The people were nice and it was very affordable!

Sent on 09/21/2015

Susie · Married on 06/21/2014

3.5

Caitlin and Beverly were helpful, curtious, and professional. A few parents of the children ages 11-13 complained that some of the wait staff was rude and impatient w/their children. These kids were a part of the wedding party and a little kindness could have gone a long way. The buffet line trays needed to be kept clean and wiped down. I went thru the line late but noticed it had gotten messy. Overall, I enjoyed my big day. My friends and family are still talking about it!

Sent on 06/30/2014

Susie,

Thank you for taking the time to give a thoughtful review. We will definitely take what you said and strive to improve on this matter. I am so glad that you enjoyed your big day! It was a pleasure to work with you!

Best of luck to you both!

Thanks,
    RHCC Team

Marilyn · Married on 06/11/2011

4.2
      3.0

Beautiflu venue with lots of options and pretty setting. Guests were very impressed.

Sent on 06/30/2011

Teresa · Married on 09/19/2015

3.2
      2.0

We had a reception of 80 plus guests with only 2 inexperienced servers and 1 Manager. Water and tea glasses were NEVER refilled. The bride was asking her parents for water all night. Dinner was servered to the right side of the room and they were finished eating before the left side even got there meals. Plates were removed from the table very slowly. Steak knives were not given with the steak dinner. We spoke to several guests after the wedding and they agreed with the service as well.We feel for the money that was spent on the wedding we should have had at least 4 servers with experience . They should have been taught to refill waters and tea . To clear plates and to always pay close attention to the Bride and Groom . The court yard where the Ceremony was held was very nice. The banquet room was also very nice. We would NEVER recomend DJ Deal he was very unprepared and didn't follow the wedding timeline that was giving to him. He was also asked to bring a speaker for outside for the Ceremony and he did not. On the other hand the photographer Ari Merritt was very professional and very organized and very prepared would most diffently recommed her to everyone. We had family and life long friends attend the wedding and we are very embarrased that we had such unprofessional service in such a nice place.

Sent on 10/26/2015

2.2
      0.5
      1.5
      1.5

I was very excited to find RHCC and was surprised at how affordable it was (we had a package deal.) It was going great with the venue until they received our final check and the week before the wedding I started to notice a change. I had always received responses quickly and Caitlyn had went out of her way to make me feel like she would be there to support us on the day but as the day approached things changed. Maybe I should have spoke up more or been more direct but I really trusted them and felt like they understood my requests. One specific incident was regarding our wedding cake. We requested only enough be cut to be served and what was not served to be boxed up, it instead to our knowledge was trashed. We should have had at least a whole tier left along with our anniversary tier. Instead we found our anniversary tier crushed in a box in the refrigerator the following day. On our wedding day there was little communication between our photographer and coordinator making it a very awkward scene, and little communication to me. I could name other incidents but overall I felt like once they received our final check, they were done. RHCC may be a respected place to hold work functions, community events, or meetings but they did not carry themselves like a professional wedding venue and I was disappointed and saddened with our wedding day at RHCC.

Sent on 02/17/2015

Richmond Hill City Center's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. If you could, please tell me what wedding you are referring to, you can email me privately at Beverly@thewildermangroup.com. We would like to resolve this issue; this is certainly not our standard of service. We take pride in all of our weddings so we are very saddened by the thought of knowing you were disappointed with your wedding at our venue. Thank you again for your review, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Senoria · Married on 10/09/2011

1.4
      2.5
      1.0

We had our ceremony and reception at the Richmond Hill City Center. Prior to the wedding we thought things would be beautiful and wonderful. From the beginning we expressed our budget, thoughts, and concerns. We had meetings and visited the site often. My wedding day was suppose to be perfect, but what wedding is?

A few days prior to the wedding we got our final bill! It was outrageous. During our food choice meeting we were never given the choice of a cheaper meal. A price was stated and that was it! Well apparently things were said differently to people that were not at the meeting and it was stated that we did have a choice! WRONG! It was to late to make changes. The wedding had to happen.

On the day of the wedding things got even worse. It was a little cooler and gloomier than what we would have liked. And rain was in the forecast but the show must go on. Things were set and the wedding was suppose to start. As I am getting ready to walk down the aisle I am told by a someone who worked at the venue that there was no power!!! They had no backup generator either. I had to walk down the aisle with no music.

Fortunately the rain held off until our vows were said. The food was not worth what we paid regardless if they tried to give us extra. We had an awesome photographer and DJ that tried very hard to get the lights and music going. To make matters worse it was heard that someone sabotage the wedding by throwing something at the transformer to make it go out. It didn't matter to the coordinator. It was out of her control and there was nothing she could do. How comforting!

All in all things still turned out beautiful but not because of the venues team I had my own team that worked extra hard to pull off a beautiful wedding! I would not recommend the Richmond Hill City Center because of the coordinator. It is a business but its also someones special day. No part of the cost was refunded! And we were told we could go to a lawyer! That says a lot!

Sent on 10/19/2011