Richard J. Colonna Ministries Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• User1476951
    Reverend Colonna was everything we could have asked for in a wedding Officiant and more. He put a lot of effort into planning for our ceremony and made sure everything was exactly the way we wanted it. He is extremely professional and is a excellent at transforming your ideas into realities. We can honestly say he made our day extra special and we are so happy to have him included in the day's memories. We strongly recommend him-- you will not be disappointed!
    Barry M. Getting married on 06/10/2022

Everything I Hoped it Would Be!

Richard Colonna did a wonderful job in making the wedding the relaxed, casual affair we wanted it to be. He was personable, professional and made everyone feel at ease. I'm so glad our friends recommended him.
    Nikki Married on 11/12/2021

Amazing...He is like Family

Rev. Richard is such an amazing human being. He is so much fun to work with & so understanding!! We booked him for our original wedding date last year & again for our re-do this year. He made the whole process from start of finish so easy. He sat with us over zoom and helped plan out everything that we needed for our ceremony to be what we wanted it to be. The day of the wedding he helped us with the quick rehearsal right be the ceremony & explained everything. He has such a positive aura about him that helps you feel comfortable & know that you are in good hands. My guests mentioned how much they liked the ceremony because he made so relaxing and interactive. I recommended him 1000 x times over.
    Karissa G. Married on 11/06/2021

Best Officiant we could have asked for!

We had Richard officiate our wedding and it was a wonderful decision. The process of producing our ceremony was easy and his input helped us make it perfect. Our friends and family were so impressed with him as we were. He also incorporated a Greek crowning along with bible readings in the best way. We can not recommend him enough to officiate your special day!
    Carolyn Married on 10/29/2021

Richard is the Man!!!

Literally had the best time with Richard who made our ceremony exactly what we had imagined. He went above and beyond marrying us in the backyard in 2020 and then marrying us again in October 2021. He is a wonderful guy who made us feel so special. We had the perfect ceremony. Highly recommend Richard!! Sweetest guy ever!
    Angela G. Married on 10/03/2021

Richard is fantastic!

Richard was incredible to work with from our very first Zoom call. He guided us through the whole marriage license process and helped us create a beautiful ceremony. Everyone at our wedding kept saying how incredible our officiant was. Richard has such a powerful presence. He captivated our family and friends and made our ceremony so special. My husband and I highly recommend Richard!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer M. Married on 10/02/2021

Wedding Officiant

We hired Reverend Richard Colonna for my wedding on 10/2/2021 and it was one of the best vendor decisions my husband and I made. Rev Rich was warm, kind and funny during our first meeting and I knew that would translate to the wedding day. He clearly outlined what he would say and gave us options on the vows, readings, etc. What I didn’t expect is how organized he would be with everything else such as seating, talking with our violin trio about cues and more. He even did a mini rehearsal before the wedding so everyone knew what to do. I had multiple guests come up to me after the ceremony asking me where I found him. He is simply fantastic and you will not regret booking him! 10/10 recommend!
  • Shannon
    Shannon C. Married on 09/26/2021

Hire Rev Rich!

Reverend Rich was an absolute dream to work with. He has such a great presence about him. He's knowledgeable and was flexible during the entire process of planning our perfect ceremony. He truly went above and beyond to travel for our rehearsal, planned every detail, and executed our ceremony perfectly. Such a joy and pleasure to work with Reverend Rich.
  • Erika
    Erika Married on 09/05/2021

Exceptional service

Richard was very professional and organized. He made the ceremony planning process so easy and actually enjoyable. He was very thorough with the outlines and gave great examples and advice. The ceremony was everything we could have Dreamed!
  • Melody
    Melody B. Married on 07/17/2021

Absolutely amazing!

Rev. Richard is absolutely amazing! He was very organized and really listened to our ideas. The whole experience felt very collaborative.

Our ceremony was everything that we had hoped it'd be. Richard is a very eloquent, articulate public speaker and has such positive energy. Everyone came up to us afterwards and said that they loved our officiant! Thanks Richard :)

Richard J. Colonna Ministries's reply:

Melody & Jason, thank you SOOOO much!! What a great review!! I hope you are both well and still embracing the memories of your wedding day!!!
  • Nayyereh
    Nayyereh R. Married on 07/02/2021

Best Officiant !

Richard officiated my sister's wedding in 2018, and he did such a wonderful job that when a friend was looking for an officiant the following year, I passed along his information. Each ceremony was so memorable and unique to each couple, so after seeing him in action at two separate weddings, I knew I wanted him to officiate my wedding when the time came. My original wedding date was scheduled for 2020 and as with most covid weddings, we had to reschedule our wedding date. Richard was very accommodating and made rescheduling all his couples a priority. He met with us (in person and virtual) a few times to ensure every last detail of our ceremony matched our vision. We received so many compliments on what an incredibly touching and beautiful ceremony he officiated and how funny and charismatic he was. Richard was such a pleasure to work with and I can’t recommend him enough to anyone getting married!
    Christian H. Married on 06/27/2021

No matter how high your expectations, Rev Colonna will exceed then

When my wife and I started the search for an officiant, we knew we needed someone whose personality and energy matches our own. Reverend Richard J. Colonna stood out from the very beginning, with countless five star reviews and videos showing just how warm his ceremonies are. After meeting him on Zoom, within five minutes my wife and I knew we needed him for our special day.

Throughout the process Reverend Colonna was accommodating, flexible, easy to communicate with, and genuine. He gave excellent recommendations and was very professional: Over the time we got to know him, our expectations for the ceremony continued to go up.

When the day finally came, Reverend Colonna was punctual, prepared, and clearly enjoyed officiating our wedding. Our families and friends loved him, and one thing that really stood out was how he was able to break the ice and give everybody a quick laugh. My wife and I could not imagine having anyone else. You will be rewarded if Reverend Colonna officiates your wedding.
    Tiffany M. Married on 06/26/2021

Couldn't have dreamt of a better ceremony!

Richard is hands-down the best officiant to work with. Not only does he make the ceremony fun and far from boring, he is super organized with everything and helps to make the entire ceremony run smoothly. Our entire wedding raved about how awesome he was. If you want a genuinely kind, fun, and organized person to perform your ceremony, Richard is your guy! Thank you so much Richard!!!
  • Carlee
    Carlee T. Married on 06/12/2021

Rev rich rocks

Rev rich was amazing leading up to the wedding. He went over drafts of my ceremony, let me deviate from the norm (actually encouraging our uniqueness) and spoke BEAUTIFULLY at the ceremony. He was such a pleasure to work with and I could not picture anyone else marrying us!!!!

Richard J. Colonna Ministries's reply:

Carlee & Peter, thanks for the incredible review!! I so appreciate your kind words and the score of 4.0 and 5.0s.!!!!. That's great and I hope you and your guests will remember it for a lifetime!!!!!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie M. Married on 05/28/2021

One of a Kind

From our very first Zoom meeting with Richard Colonna, my husband and I knew right away that we wanted him as our wedding officiant. He embodies all of the positive qualities you would want in someone who sets the tone for your marriage. Richard helped us every step of the way in creating our nondenominational ceremony. He will customize your ceremony to all your wants and needs. Our families LOVED him and his sense of humor. Richard Colonna, without a doubt, was the perfect match for us. We are incredibly lucky to have found him. Thank you so much for being such an amazing officiant!
    Jason & Stephanie Mauro

Richard J. Colonna Ministries's reply:

Stephanie & Jason, this is amazing and so are you two!!! Thank you so much and once again, it was a joy and an honor to meet you and be a part of our your special day!!
  • Kenneth
    Kenneth H. Married on 05/22/2021

Reverend Rich made our wedding perfect

Thank you so much for the kind, loving way you conducted our ceremony for us! I loved how you made sure you understood what we wanted in every detail! We thought it was perfect for us, just beautiful! I feel you have a true calling to be there for people on the most joyous of days, and I felt your love and joy for us just added to the beauty of the ceremony!

Thank you so much and God bless you and your wonderful vocation!
  • Jaclyn
    Jaclyn F. Married on 05/14/2021

Best Officiant Around!

I cannot recommend Richard enough! After interviewing FIVE officiants prior to meeting Richard, he was a breath of fresh air! He is charismatic, passionate, organized, and personable. He goes above and beyond to make sure your ceremony is tailored to you and exactly how you want it. He even is great at choreographing your family and bridal party to ensure everything runs smoothly... even seating! He is truly AMAZING!
  • Krista
    Krista C. Married on 04/23/2021

Grand Slam Wedding!

Our wedding was at Citizens Bank Park. Rev Rich was so great to work with. He did a wonderful job of incorporating our ideas and visions (which were decidedly non-religious) into the ceremony. His energy was fantastic and filled the ballpark. He was very organized and the planning process kept us at ease. The ceremony he created was our number one priority: fun! I cannot recommend him enough!
  • Bianca
    Bianca D. Married on 04/10/2021

Rev. Rich is amazing!

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Rev. Rich! Right away Richard was easy to talk to and welcoming of all of our questions. It was like working with a family friend! He is super knowledgeable of the license application process and was a huge help making sure we had everything we needed. Richard is also very organized and provided a detailed wedding script with several reading & vow options that were all so beautiful. He made our wedding ceremony easy to plan and stress-free. Lastly, the actual ceremony was beautiful and went perfectly all thanks to him! He did an amazing job keeping us comfortable, smiling, and carefree up at alter, so we could really enjoy our special moment together. I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Rev. Richard!
  • sandra
    Sandra Married on 03/21/2021

So Glad we Found Him!

From the day we met Richard, we knew he was the right officiant for our Wedding. He was so easy to work with yet so professional. We were a 2020 wedding that was postponed 2x and Richard was super flexible with us every single time. My guests all raved about how friendly and lovely he was and we didn't expect anything less.
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra F. Married on 03/19/2021

Richard made our ceremony so special!

Like other couples this past year, COVID-19 had derailed our original wedding plans and in the midst of all the chaos we came across Richard and his services. From the very first email up until the last, he has been so helpful and made us feel comfortable as we were going through this process. He was very responsive to our emails and provided sample details and scripts of a typical wedding ceremony and allowed us to make changes and chose options within those documents that were best for us. It was OURS. When we told Richard that we were breaking up our wedding - ceremony now, reception later - he was so accommodating and went above and beyond to make sure that our ceremony would be just as special as if we had the full wedding. We are looking forward to working with him again next year for our vow renewal and know that it will be just as special as the first.
    Casey H. Married on 03/03/2021

Richard was absolutely AMAZING!!

I can not say enough great things about this man! He made our ceremony so special! From our first meeting he made everything so easy and made sure we had the ceremony that WE wanted. Our guests loved him as well! Everyone was asking how we found him. If you are getting married you should DEFINITELY have Richard perform your ceremony, you will love him!
    Krista P. Married on 11/13/2020

One Word- AMAZING. 10/10

Wow. Where do I begin to explain how amazing Richard was. He made our ceremony a completely stress free experience. From our first “meeting” with him we were totally comfortable and so excited to become married and he customized our whole ceremony for us in a way that made it light hearted and personal to us. He is very detail oriented and the whole day ran so smoothly. Through the planning process he is very easy to get a hold of via email and also responded in a timely manner. He will send you a word by word copy of the ceremony script and let you change any details you want to make it your own! He is truly AMAZING and we received so many compliments from our guests already! We highly recommend his services!
    Nikki Married on 11/08/2020

He is amazing!!!!

If there is an officiant that I would highly recommend, it would be Rev. Richard!! Without a doubt! He is amazing to work with and an awesome person as well. From the start, He was responsive, open and honest, and fun. He helped relieve so much wedding anxiety that I had as a bride during the wedding process. At our initial appointment back in 2018, he had us laughing and it felt we knew him for years. Even during this crazy year of 2020 and deciding to postpone or have a minimony, he provided guidance and support we needed! He was a listening ear and was very understanding.
    The day of our minimony at Liberty State Park, he was like part of the family! With socially distancing & all, he made our day special and the worries of 2020 spill away and we enjoyed every second of our wedding day! We plan to have him be apart of Re-do I-do's next year in 2021 and I am excited to work with him again.
    Gabrielle A. Married on 11/08/2020

Loved our wedding ceremony!!

My wedding was over the weekend (10/17/2021) and I could not wait to write this review! Reverend Richard truly understands what a wedding ceremony should be like. From our first meeting, my husband and I looked at each other and said "this man is our officiant!" Richard took his time to perfect all the details that a couple wouldn't have thought about themselves.
    From the first meeting through the day before the wedding, he was always helpful and provided his insight whenever we needed it. Richard even helped develop our 'pebble ceremony' I really wanted to do. All of our guests adored him and truly felt the love from our ceremony. Don't hesitate and call him to schedule your first meeting! Happy wedding to all celebrating!