Richard Bell Photography Reviews

Richard Bell Photography 3
Richard Bell Photography 4
Richard Bell Photography 5

Tori · Married on 07/05/2014

We were so blessed to have the opportunity to work with Mell from Richard Bell Photography! She shot my bridal portraits and our wedding day photography, and I have no words to describe how amazing and talented this woman is! I looked at photos taken by the other photographers on this team and they are all just incredible. On our wedding day we had Mell and Wanda shooting, and they were both so fun, nice, and down to earth. I could have not have asked for better people to work with or more perfect pictures of our special day!

Sent on 07/13/2014

Tori · Married on 06/28/2014

They were very flexible with the weather for bridal portraits and extremely helpful and professional on our wedding day. Pictures turned out AMAZING!! Thank you all for making our day unforgettable!

Sent on 09/06/2014

Holly · Married on 06/14/2014

James Riley was our wonderful solo photographer who did an exceptional job and even had our "hard to please, especially when he's hungry and tired" two year old smiling! I would recommend Richard Bell photography a thousand times over. Don't question who you want as a photographer- make it easy go with Richard Bell photography, and you won't be disappointed. :)

Sent on 06/18/2014

Emily · Married on 06/14/2014

Some of the best time we spent on our wedding day was with Wanda (our amazing photographer) and her assistant, having our pictures taken on the beach away from all the hullabaloo. Many thanks to Richard Bell Photography for making all photography-related aspects of our wedding adventure easy and seamless!!

Sent on 09/13/2014

JASMINE · Married on 06/08/2014

RICHARD BELL PHOTOGRAPY IS THE BEST ALLL ACROSS THE BOARD!!!!! I COULDNT FIND ANYTHING NEGATIVE TO SAY EVEN IF I WANTED TO!! IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A PHOTOGRAPER I HIGHLY SUGGEST RICHARD BELL!! MRS WANDA THE ROCKSTAR AND SOL WAS OUR PHOTOGRAPERS FOR MY HUSBAND AND I AMAZING DAY. IT WAS SUCH AN PLEASURE THEY TRULY TREATED US LIKE FAMILY!!! MELLE BELLE, SOL, MRS WANDA, MRS GEOGIA THEY ALL ROCK I DIDNT GET A CHANCE TO MEET THE REST OF THE FAMILY BUT IM SURE THEY ARE JUST AS SWEET AS CAN BE!!! EVERYONE WHO SEES OUR WEDDING BOOK JUST MELTS AND ASK HOW MUCH DID YALL PAY FOR THIS? YES ITS JUST THAT FREAKIN AMAZING THEY FOUND THE BEST SHOT ALL AT THE RIGHT TIMES!!! AGAIN THE BEST EVER!!! ANYONE WHOS READING THIS YOU WONT GO WRONG CHOOSING THE BELLE !!!!#RICHARDBELLEISTHEBEST

Sent on 09/16/2014

Kelly · Married on 05/17/2014

He was amazing. I recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 08/07/2014

Overall great experience throughout the entire wedding process! Photos were absolutely beautiful, and just what I was looking for for my wedding photographer. I even got a few surprises with my final wedding album! I would recommend Richard Bell for any bride!

Sent on 09/01/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 04/26/2014

I can't even begin to explain how happy we were with Mell Bell. She is a phenomenal photographer and just a wonderful person and we had so much fun working with her. I did our engagement shoot, a boudoir shoot and our wedding photos with her (and Wanda!) and are just amazed by every photo I see. I highly recommend them... you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 05/13/2014

Ciara · Married on 04/19/2014

Absolutely the best decision I made while planning my wedding :)! The pictures are stunning and Nathan was a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 03/18/2015

Abby · Married on 04/12/2014

Richard Bell Photography (Mell was our photographer) were so amazing to work with for our wedding. Mell did our engagement photos, a private Boudoir (surprise for the hubs) shoot, our rehearsal dinner and our wedding along with a 2nd photographer.
    Richard Bell Photography, especially Mell were so much fun and so easy to work with. Mell made us feel comfortable in every setting! Overall, this company from the extremely talented photographers to the ladies that run the office are straight up phenomenal. I would highly recommend them to anyone in the Charleston area, and anywhere for that matter (they do travel from what I know) to use Richard Bell Photography!!! They do everything and are easy to get in touch with and respond almost immediately to emails/phone calls. Great group of people!

Sent on 09/02/2014

Sarah · Married on 04/10/2014

We used Nathan and Wanda as our wedding photographers and they were beyond impressive. Very on top of it, organized, didn't miss a single beat and I'm so over the top happy with them!!! Don't compromise on your photographer, that is one thing that is worth the extra mula. Richard photography will bring their A game!

Sent on 04/17/2014

I cannot say enough good things about the folks at Richard Bell Photography. I felt like that they treat their clients as if they were family members. I was always able to get a quick response from the staff at Richard Bell Photography. Mell Bell was our photographer and you couldn't find a more talented or nicer lady to work with. She makes you look and feel beautiful while making sure that she captures the feeling you want the day to have. She caught every single little detail of the wedding day - which is a good thing since I don't remember too much of it! They are, and continue to be extremely professional and prompt in communication. Mell was very flexible when the location of my bridal portrait session got rained out. She was able to find and secure for me another location the day of my session and I was thrilled with how she was still able to stay true to me and my vision of our wedding. I will use them again for family photos to come. There is no one better to work with than Richard Bell Photography!

Sent on 06/02/2014

Rachel · Married on 03/28/2014

James and his assistant were such a pleasure to work with! We had a very rainy day on our wedding day and they were very calm cool and improvised to make sure we still got beautiful shots. Our family, friends and entire wedding party couldn't stop saying how great the photographers were. They were funny, light hearted, professional and we really enjoyed having them as a part of our special day. I would definitely recommend Richard Bell Photography!!!!!

Sent on 06/13/2014

Alicia · Married on 03/21/2014

Phenomenal photography! All of my guests raved about how many great shots Nathan Bell and James were able to get and yet they were so unobtrusive. A pleasure to work with. All costs were negotiated at the beginning and there were no surprises at the end. The wedding album is absolutely stunning. I absolutely recommend Richard Bell Photography to anyone planning a big event or even for casual photos. I won't hesitate to use them in the future!

Sent on 06/23/2014

Cameron · Married on 03/21/2014

They did an excellent job photographing our wedding! The pictures were stunning' Also, the photographers were a lot of fun to work with, my husband and I had a blast while getting our pictures taken.

Sent on 08/23/2014

Mell bell is amazing!!!! I'm so glad I splurged a little and went with a well known established photographer for our engagement, bridal and wedding pictures. Mell captured everything we wanted and so much more. Absolutely recommend!!!!

Sent on 04/02/2014

Amey · Married on 03/08/2014

Richard Bell Photography was the best choice I made for the wedding! From the begining they were very responsive and professional. Wanda, our primary photographer, was wonderful. She was fun to work with and really tries to get to know you. The photos are amazing. I've had many compliments on the photos and people commenting that they are the best they've seen from weddings they've attended. The bridal portrait and engagement sessions were relaxing and the poses which Wanda came up with were different than what you typically see. In my parents local paper we ended up being the large photo on the page and I think that's because the portraits were more creative. I liked that there was a second photographer at the wedding to ensure that all the right moments were captured from different angles. It was perfect because they were able to capture both one of our favorite candid photo with my husband, myself, and a couple of friends happening at the same time another friend did a really low dip while dancing with his wife. Both instances were captured and nothing was missed. They turn around the photos quickly and even provide a couple of sneak peek pictures within a couple of days. I know someone who used another company that's still waiting for her proofs and she was married 4 months before me. We had electronic proofs within a few weeks and our album back within just a little over two months from the wedding date. I can't say enough about Richard Bell Photography and the entire staff.

Sent on 06/03/2014

Nicole · Married on 02/28/2014

I had so much fun taking photos with Mell Bell and James both before the ceremony and well into the night. In my opinion, photography should be number one on your priority list - that is what you have to remember the day. One visit to the Richard Bell website, and I was blown away. They are so artistic and exactly what I wanted for my wedding day. They are so creative with their shots while still making sure to get all the photos you want. Everything was very low-stress and the teaser pics I have seen so far are incredible. I can't wait to see the rest! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 03/05/2014

Angel · Married on 02/15/2014

Richard Bell Photography is the best wedding photographer in Charleston. I was beyond pleased with my wedding pictures and album and I would highly recommend Nathan to shoot any event! :) They are professional and artistic with their images and I was so happy with their services!

Sent on 06/02/2014

Debra · Married on 01/03/2014

I cannot say enough about how fantastic / talented / easy to work with Nathan Bell & his photog magicians are!!! We absolutely LOVE the pictures from our wedding - which only repeats the sentiments that have been shared over & over with us from those who have seen our wedding album. Charleston was a destination wedding for us - so we needed the process to be seamless from beginning to end because our time in Charleston was very limited. And again, Richard Bell Photography delivered. They have their booking process down to a science & we were able to accomplish all of the administrivia via email or phone. When the big day arrived, Richard Bell Photography could not have been easier to work with...in fact, most of the time - no one realized that they were there & yet they were able to capture these special, genuine, once-in-a-lifetime moments with our family & friends. They are true rock stars & we give them a double thumbs up (and kind of wish that we could have them take ALL of our pictures)!!!

Sent on 07/29/2014

Jennifer · Married on 11/30/2013

We planned our wedding in SC from NYC so we never had a chance to meet any photographers in person and heavily relied on reviews and calls. The photographer was the vendor we were the most concerned about since picture last forever - we were so pleased with our experience with this vendor. We worked with Mell Bell and she brought Wanda along as a second shooter. The pictures they took were beyond what we ever imagined. They were up on ladders, crawling on the floors, hanging off the docks - you name it! They did what ever it took to get amazing pictures of our wedding and we could not be happier with the results. Highly recommend working with this company. As a side note - I was a little turned off at first by their website as I thought i was a look hokey but it works for them.. you'll understand if you pick them :)

Sent on 01/10/2014

Jenn · Married on 11/23/2013

There are plenty of fine photographers in Charleston who will take good enough standard photos of you for your wedding. Nathan Bell will make your wedding photographs look like art. There is no doubt in my mind that booking with Richard Bell Photography was the best decision. We took our engagement photos in downtown Charleston in July (not the best idea) and they are stunning!

However the photos from our wedding are the best I've ever seen. Not only will they take the standard photos that you want, Nathan Bell has such a creative eye, he found the best shots at our venue. I am so pleased with all of our photographs. Everyone at Richard Bell Photography is a dream to work with, trust me and go ahead and book them before someone else does!

Sent on 01/16/2014
  • W

Whitney · Married on 11/08/2013

Nathan is the Best Photogrpaher!

Sent on 02/11/2014

Erin · Married on 10/26/2013

Loved working with Mell for our engagement, bridal portraits, and during the wedding day! She made it comfortable And easy for us. I can't thank you enough for capturing every moment!

Sent on 02/12/2014

Lindsay · Married on 10/25/2013

Absolute perfection! Love all the photos!!!

Sent on 02/18/2014