Richard Bell Photography Reviews

Richard Bell Photography 3
Richard Bell Photography 4

Sara Boulware 路 Married on 01/19/2019

Wedding photographer

The absolute best photographer in Charleston! So responsive, so professional! We received our wedding pictures TWO weeks after our wedding! So incredibly happy we chose Richard Bell Photography for our wedding! We had Nathan as our lead photographer and he was so great!

• Laura

Laura Henderson 路 Married on 11/30/2018

Picture perfect & so skilled at what they do

We had James as our photographer (for both our wedding & engagement pics) and he is a gem! He is down to earth and so sweet. The pictures that he took of us are my favorite pictures that we have of us! And they are just all absolutely gorgeous. James was easy to work with and the pictures were ready for us so quickly - they work fast too! We have so many fun and awesome photos to look back at and remember our wedding day (and also our family and friends) thanks to James!!

Beth 路 Married on 10/14/2018

Amazing Wedding Photography

When we walked into Richard Bell we immediately knew we wanted to work with them for our wedding. They absolutely are the best. Always available, super responsive and took lots of time with us to make sure we got all the shots we wanted for our big day!! We had our wedding aboard The Carolina Girl and the pictures are absolutely Breathtaking. Definitely the best choice in all of Charleston if you are looking for a photographer for your upcoming wedding!! 馃専馃専馃専馃専馃専 Thank you so much for capturing our wedding.

Jonathan 路 Married on 06/16/2018

Simply The Best

Nathan and his team were absolutely incredible at every stage of the process. He took time to get to know us and what we were looking for. He made sure we were comfortable, and during our wedding weekend, he even stepped in as a de facto planner for some key moments. The process was painless, the experience was great, but the pictures were absolutely phenomenal. I'm so thankful to have so many beautiful memories of my wedding weekend.

Kristin 路 Married on 06/03/2018

I don't even know where to begin! From the time I met Mell for my bridal portraits, I knew she and her team would be an excellent addition to our wedding day. She was so easy to work with and made everyone so comfortable at the wedding. I absolutely loved my bridal portraits and from what we have seen so far, the wedding photos will even top that! Her communication is excellent and skill is unmatched. We couldn't have been happier with our selection. Wanda joined Mell on our wedding day which helped things run so smoothly. I barely knew photos were being taken while I was getting ready and I know they captured the most important moments and people in my life! Thank you so much for a great experience!!

Samantha 路 Married on 03/22/2018

Richard Bell is the best photographer option you could choose for your wedding! I had Nathan take the photos for both our engagement photos and wedding. He is extremely responsive, dedicated, fun to work with and absolutely incredible at his job! His photos exceeded my expectations, and actually took my breath away! We had our wedding at Magnolia Plantation and Gardens, and he is an expert on the property- he knows all of the hidden spots for perfect photo opportunities! I wanted the best photographer since the wedding photos are the one memory you have left after the wedding... I can tell you that Richard Bell is THE BEST option you can choose for your wedding. Your pictures will turn out stunning no matter the weather, no matter the location!!!

Kaitlin 路 Married on 10/08/2017

If you are looking for a photographer, look no further and hire Richard Bell Photography!

The most important priority for my wedding is photography, and after reviewing numerous photographer options, Richard Bell Photography immediately caught my attention. Their photos are edgy, yet breathtaking, and I loved the creative touches that shined in their sample photos.

Currently, my fiance and I have had two photo shoots with Mell Bell and Wanda, and they were both absolutely amazing experiences. Mell Bell was really able to listen to exactly what I was looking for in each session, and she went above and beyond (from laying on the hard ground to sprawling in the mud) just to capture the most magnificent and creative photos. She made my fiance and I feel so comfortable during each photo shoot, and we were both blown away by her photography talents.

At the end of each session, we did not only receive amazing photos, but we truly received priceless works of art that we will cherish and display for a lifetime. We can not wait for her to photograph our wedding and even our future children, as we will definitely be going to Richard Bell Photography for all our photography needs.

Richard Bell Photography was unarguably the best decision I have ever made for my wedding, and I recommend everyone to use Richard Bell Photography for any photography needs! They are simply the best!

Pat 路 Married on 05/20/2017

My daughter and son-in-law were married at The Legare Waring House on November 23,2013 and Nathan Bell was their photographer. He was so easy to work with, very professional and creative beyond words. His pictures were beyond anything we dreamed of. He certainly knows his job and is the best with lighting. We had several guests say they had never seen such creative pictures. You would never know that he had to deal with over an hour of rain at an outside reception. Thanks Nathan for capturing my daughter's wedding . You are the best!

Maria 路 Married on 05/20/2017

We had the opportunity to meet several of the Richard Bell photographers, and we were impressed with all of the staff. Nathan and Cecilee are true professionals. No shot lists needed - they quickly captured Lauren & Ben's personalities, and the drone shots were amazing and unexpected. Given it was a destination wedding, Nathan was extremely accommodating with scheduling the review of the pictures via the web. Your wedding pictures are one of the most important expenditures of the day. We highly recommend Richard Bell Photography!

Debbie 路 Married on 04/29/2017

Nathan at Richard Bell Photography was amazing! He took the best engagement photos of my daughter and her fiance, and now we are waiting for all of the wedding day pictures. He has posted a couple "teasers" that are unbelievable. At the end of the night, my daughter (a former college swimmer), her groom, and the wedding party (many former swimmers) all jumped in the pool as their "send off". Nathan went above and beyond to surprise us all with an under water camera! He is not only a great photographer, but he is fast, efficient, doesn't waste time while getting those important formal shots so the party can keep moving; and you can see how much he loves what he does! A true professional and artist! We all can't wait to see the rest of the photos! I would normally wait to write a review, but we are already thrilled that we got Nathan and Heather as our photographers for this most important event!

Danielle 路 Married on 04/06/2017

I cannot express how awesome their entire team is! When we decided to have a destination wedding, I was a little nervous about selecting vendors, but from the first email with the team at Richard Bell Photography I felt so comfortable! Not only are they AMAZING photographers, they are the kindest people you will ever meet! We were lucky enough to have Mell do our engagement pictures as well as our wedding pictures and we were blown away at how stunning they are! I LOVE pictures and am the first to admit I am a photographer snob, so picking the right wedding photographer was top on my list! Not only did Mell not disappoint, she literally gave us pictures that look like they could be on the cover of a bridal magazine!

Kaitlyn 路 Married on 03/03/2017

We cannot say enough great things about Richard Bell Photography!!! Wanda and Cecilee were absolute rockstars!! Not only is their talent undeniable, but they are extremely kind and fun people which made us feel like we were spending our day with family! They went above and beyond to make our day perfect and we could not be more grateful for the experience! We highly recommend them to anyone!

Hannah 路 Married on 12/17/2016

Richard Bell photography is amazing! For my wedding we had Wanda and her wonderful daughter Cecilee. Both made sure that my groom and myself were comfortable throughout the whole process. They managed to be in so many places all at the same time, to take pictures of precious moments throughout the day. Both were punctual and extremely professional, not to mention extremely kind and very friendly. I would definitely recommend this photographer, the pictures from my wedding day were and are incredible.

Ashley 路 Married on 11/19/2016

UNBELIEVABLE. I don't even think there are words that adequately describe how wonderful Richard Bell Photography is. I had the pleasure of working with Nathan Bell for both my bridal portraits and my wedding, along with James Riley. My bridal portraits are out of this world. I knew they would be from the moment he showed me the unedited version on his camera that day. The six wedding sneak peaks we have gotten back so far give me chills. I can't tell you the number of people who have approached me after sharing them to say they are the most beautiful pictures they've ever seen. On top of giving you a top notch product that you will cherish for a lifetime, they are an absolute PLEASURE to work with. Nathan is one of the friendliest and most professional people I've met, both in the wedding industry and outside of it. James is also an absolute delight. They make sure to capture every shot that is important to you without you even knowing they are there. Nathan and James were literally in the grass laying down to capture the perfect angle. They are willing to go the extra mile. If I could give them 20 stars I would. Even though Nathan had never shot my venue before in Georgetown, SC, there is now anyone could have captured it better. If you are looking for a photographer, look no further. They are simply the best and your pictures are the most important part of your day and the one thing you will have to hold on to long after the dancing, cake, and food is gone. Nathan and James gave us memories that will last for generations to come. I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to work with Richard Bell Photography.

Kristen 路 Married on 11/06/2016

I cannot express how thankful I am to have had Mell (and her second Wanda!) at my wedding. You guys are simply amazing and we had such a good time with you guys. I have no doubts that my pictures will be anything less than stunning. Mell even knew how to roll with my awkward faces and crickets deciding to make a home in my dress, haha. You guys are seriously the BEST. We love you guys!

cathy 路 Married on 05/21/2016

Nathan photographed my daughter,Jenn's wedding at Magnolia Plantation in May,2016. He took some of the most amazing photos ever!

Ann 路 Married on 05/05/2016

We hired RBP for our wedding at Magnolia Plantation, because, really, who else would you hire for that venue?? :)

I like working with small local businesses because they tend to function from the true kindness of their hearts and genuine concern for others. We had extremely personalized service/photos and made new friends in the process! Everyone here is primarily concerned with giving you exactly what you want in a very loving way. There are so many wonderful things I could tell you about the people at RBP but I don't want you to be reading forever. :D

Mell also did our engagement photos, my bridal portraits and Nathan helped us create our wedding book, which is going to be amazing!!!! I wish I could share with you all ALL of our photos because there is not one bad one!!not one! Mell and Cecilee captured all of the love, fun and emotion of our events..like ninjas!!!
    Mell came out to the Battery to do sunrise engagement photos and My bridal portraits were at Magnolia..Mell, Wanda and I had so much fun!!!
    We will be having Nathan help us with some other prints once we decide what direction we will go in.....
    and I am looking forward to giving my husband a 1st anniversary gift of paper with the help of Mell and Wanda next year!

I'll be honest, I had no idea what the cost of a photographer would be and I spent significantly more money on photography than I thought I would. That said...BEST MONEY SPENT!! Mell and Nathan worked with us on a perfect wedding package...my husband's Mom passed away just before the wedding, so things changed with our package needs. Changes were easy! Nathan had an immediate (not to mention generous) solution! When we ended up ordering a much bigger wedding book than expected, Nathan was very generous with our final pricing.

The bottom line is that RBP gave us perfect, permanent memories in a very loving way! There is no other photographer for us!

Korissa 路 Married on 04/29/2016

Richard Bell Photography did such an amazing job!! My phototgrapher was Mell and Cecilee was her 2nd for my wedding day. They made me feel super relaxed! Mell got all the shots I wanted but we didn't have to spend hours doing it. She even put pictures up the night of the wedding to give us a sneak peak! Every thing turned out amazing and I am so glad Mell and Cecilee were there to help make our day perfect!
    -Korissa

• User4673509 路 2+ years ago

We hired Nathan and James as our photographers for our wedding on 4/23/16 and couldn't have been happier with our choice! Our photos came out amazing and captured so many moments throughout the day that we wouldn't have seen without them. We loved that Nathan took natural photos rather than a ton of posed ones. We have all been in that wedding where the photographer tries to position everyone perfectly, feet in same direction, heads all turned, everyone jump in the air at the count of three...all those dreadful poses that take forever to capture. Nathan and James made our group photos so painless that we were done in no time! Same with family photos. We really wanted to enjoy cocktail hour and conversing with people after the ceremony and they took 15 minutes to do family photos so we could be on our merry way to mingle! Everyone commented on how professional they were and how fantastic our photos turned out. We cannot wait to get our album! They deserve nothing less than 5 stars!

Lesley 路 Married on 04/08/2016

The folks at RBP really don't need yet another FIVE STAR review as their work speaks for itself! I couldn't, however, resist the urge to say just how wonderful Mell and Wanda were on our special day. Not only are they sweet and quirky, but we never really noticed they were there despite getting TONS of photos! I am a plus size bride with a lot of hangups about my appearance and Mell and Wanda managed to photograph me in a way I've never imagined. They did not miss a single shot throughout the day and truly managed to tell our story through photos that will last a lifetime. I can't wait to get our album and eventually book a boudoir session with their sister company, Mellbella!

• User6049695 路 2+ years ago

They were absolutely AMAZING!!! We used Wanda as our photographer and could not be happier with how our pictures turned out and how great she was on our wedding day and the days leading up to the wedding. Nathan met with us prior to the wedding and answered all our questions and made sure we got exactly what we wanted. Wanda did the same as well to make sure our wedding day was perfect and on schedule!! I would absolutely 100% say that it was worth every penny using them. You cannot re-do wedding pictures so splurge on pictures and make sure that they are amazing because it really is worth it.

• User4862619 路 2+ years ago

My fianc茅 and I live in Charleston, but we are getting married out of state. We wanted to have our engagement pictures taken in Charleston and we loved the style of Richard Bell Photography. Mell Bell was our photographer and she was phenomenal! She made us feel so comfortable and took gorgeous pictures! Shortly after our session she posted a "sneak peek" on Facebook that we could share with our family and friends and we had our edited pictures in about a week. I can not recommend Richard Bell Photography highly enough, we have received so many compliments on our pictures and I know they will be proudly displayed in our home for many years to come!

Jordan 路 Married on 10/17/2015

Richard Bell Photography has one of the best reputations in Charleston for a reason! Let me just say Wanda Cavazos EXCEEDED any & all expectations! I can't even begin to describe her talent as she left me speechless. She is willing to do whatever it takes to get the shot (like climbing in trees despite allergies). Obviously her talent for photography is incredible, but she's also patient in giving pose instructions. If you want BEAUTIFUL photos, belly laughs & an amazing experience, Wanda Cavazos at Richard Bell is your woman!

• User5422327 路 2+ years ago

When beginning to plan my wedding, the most important aspect to me was the photography. I wanted to make sure we had someone great who would capture the memories perfectly. That's why we chose Richard Bell Photography. I never had a doubt that they would do an amazing job, from looking through their previous work, and sitting down with them. They are genuinely nice and easy to talk to. On the day of the wedding, we found out that our photographer, James, was unfortunately unable to be there because of a car accident, but Nathan jumped in happily and without any issue and we didn't have to worry about anything! We just recently got our photos back, and I am blown away!!! Everything is even more wonderful than I had imagined it would be! Every little detail of our wedding is shown so magically in their photos! I could not be happier! Our wedding is even being published on a wedding blog thanks to Richard Bell Photography's amazing work!