Rhodes Hall Reviews

62 | Atlanta, GA

62 Reviews for Rhodes Hall

Tarquia · Married on 02/17/2018

We just had our wedding at Rhodes Hall last weekend and are so happy we did! Chrystal and her staff were extremely easy to work with. She responded quickly to my emails and questions, and came up with great ideas when it came to planning our reception. We had a small guest list (about 35), and it was the perfect size! With not knowing how the weather would turn out, we planned to have everything inside. We had our bar in the den, dance floor/DJ in the main room, and seated guests in the library and parlor. My husband and I had our sweetheart table in the parlor, as well as our cake on the beautiful marble table. The weather turned out beautifully and we were able to open the front door so guests could mingle on the huge front porch. One of the reasons we chose RH is for the history and beautiful decor inside. We loved the fact we didn't have to do much to decorate for our reception. Also, we took advantage of going up the tower to have our pictures taken. What a view of the city!

Sent on 02/22/2018

Sherneda · Married on 07/09/2017

This venue is awesome! We had our fairytale wedding with horse and carriage! I would highly recommend this venue! Chrystal and her staff are absolutely amazing!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Jordan · Married on 05/14/2016

I just had my wedding last week at Rhodes Hall and it couldn't have been more perfect and beautiful! Chrystal is so wonderful and attentive to any need you might have. It's a HUGE plus that you can bring your own alcohol too because it ended up saving so much money in the end. The extensive list of preferred caterers provides a wide range of choices and prices that fit any budget. The access to the turret was breathtaking too! If you're looking for a true Atlanta venue, look no further than Rhodes Hall!

Sent on 05/24/2016

nicholas · Married on 04/24/2016

I have always thought that Rhodes Hall was a terrific venue and have been fascinated by it's Romanesque castle façade coupled with the ornate Victorian interior. So it was really an easy choice for my partner and I who married on Sunday, April 24th, 2016. We had 95 guests with our ceremony on the steps, cocktail and reception split inside and out so that the dance floor could be in the reception. It was a bit windy for the piping drape and urns so be certain you weight down well.
    Chrystal was a true joy, her experience with the venue gave her the knowledge to make great suggestions. While we did add florals and décor on the tables and mantels, we kept them in the feel of the home very lush and loose. We wanted people to explore the home the whole evening, not just for ceremony or dinner.
    We put the bar into the den so it was just off the dance floor (in the reception hall ) and would keep people flowing through the home even after dinner. She offered to work with us every step of the way and was always easy to reach when needed. I got my cake bar in the parlor with my 60" rounds plus sweetheart table and the rest of the guests were either seated in the library or on the porch. Dinner was buffet style, then we all returned for dancing and mingling. Several did mingle on the front and side porches, taking photos of the home, ceremony or photo backdrop.
    The day of is truly a whirlwind, the staff was on top of everything. I'm very hands on and they wouldn't allow me to do anything. = ) I too, returned from my honeymoon to find my security deposit check had been returned. It was even easy to pick up the cooler we realized had been left there about 2 weeks we later. I can't wait to see the rest of our photos as the peeks I've gotten have been amazing! I know I didn't get the chance to thank you all then, but I do wish to say THANKS! to each of you who helped make our day so very special!

Sent on 05/22/2016

sarah · Married on 03/13/2016

I will forever look back fondly at Rhodes Hall as OUR castle on Peachtree, it was truly a magical setting to get married in! We planned for our ceremony to be held on the lawn with the cocktail hour outside, a buffet dinner indoors, and dancing on the porch, and fortunately the weather on March 13th ended up being perfect so everything went exactly as planned! We had 117 total guests, and originally I was a little concerned of what our Plan B would be if the weather ended up not going our way (as only 100 people can be seated indoors, and March weather in Atlanta can be so wildly unpredictable) but everything went better than perfect! The building is so gorgeous, I can't wait until we get our wedding photos back! We had our engagement photos taken there as well, and they came out beautifully. Such a unique venue, I'd give it 10 stars if I could! Chrystal Butts was very professional to work with throughout the planning process. We just got back from our honeymoon a few days ago, and our security deposit refund check was already waiting for us in the mail, super efficient. If you want a truly standout venue, book Rhodes Hall!

Sent on 04/02/2016

Rhodes Hall was the perfect venue for my fairy tail wedding! The castle was beautiful on the inside and outside! My wedding was outdoors which was perfect as I arrived on a horse and carriage! My decorations were very minimal because of the beauty of the venue! The staff was perfect! Chrystal was there from beginning to end and I appreciate how welcoming she made me feel! Everything went off without a hitch! The price was reasonable! Rhodes Hall is by far the best place to have your wedding in Atlanta!

Sent on 09/14/2015

Terri · Married on 05/29/2015

My hubby pushed for Rhodes Hall and after he hadn't liked my other three venue picks I was game to book them! They are pretty affordable and we had a Friday night wedding which helped. We worked with Chrystal who was extremely responsive and helpful with any question I sent her. Day of went off without a hitch. I would recommend having your ceremony inside if possible as my entrance down the staircase was unique and beautiful. They also let us upstairs to take roof top sunset pics and I am super excited to see how they turn out. This venue has so many pretty features inside you don't need to decorate much and the bridal suite is gorgeous!

Sent on 05/31/2015

Susan · Married on 05/16/2015

Awesome location for our Rehearsal Dinner party for 88 of our closest family members and friends!
    When we started searching for a location close to the Lenox/Buckhead area of Atlanta where we could throw a one of a kind party that everyone will remember for years to come, Rhodes Hall was it!
    We decorated and made this fantastic castle on Peachtree ours for the evening.....beautiful. Since we could bring in our own alcohol (we had beer and wine) it made the evening affordable. Three hours to set up, four hours for the event and one hour to clean up was just perfect. Their Events Director Chrystal Butts went above and beyond to answer all our questions along the way and helped us at every turn! I would recommend her and Rhodes Hall to anyone looking for a special location to hold an event. Very pleased :) THANK YOU!!

Sent on 05/19/2015

Brittany · Married on 04/25/2015

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at Rhodes Hall. Chrystal was so helpful. She promptly responded to all of our emails and offered suggestions whenever we asked. Her experience with weddings at the venue really shines through. Rhodes Hall is a castle in the middle of Atlanta which makes for a unique wedding venue. Due to the historic nature and beautiful style of the venue, we didn't need excessive decor to make it look amazing. We did all of our decor ourselves, and we were allowed to bring it all the night before and store it in the basement which was unbelievably helpful. I really don't think we would have been able to pull off doing our own decor if we had gone with another venue. The bridal suite has had a recent makeover and is BEAUTIFUL which made for great pictures. The venue is also very reasonably priced. We were working with a budget, and it fit that perfectly. In addition to the space, you get so many other things with the rental including chairs, tables, all of the historic furniture, FREE parking (hard to come by in midtown Atlanta) and the use of the event staff. I also liked that they don't force you into using a personal caterer attached to the venue. They have a pretty big list of "preferred" caterers, so it's easy to find what you want and what will fit your budget. We decided to have our ceremony on the stairs leading up to the porch while our guests were seated on the front lawn. With the possibility of rain on our big day, it was easy to come up with an alternative arrangement either inside with the beautiful spiral staircase in the background or on the HUGE porch outside. It was great knowing that we had other options that would be equally as beautiful if we needed them. We got so many compliments from our guests on our choice of venue. I can't say enough about how awesome Rhodes Hall is and how glad we are that we chose it for our wedding. We have amazing memories and beautiful pictures that will last a lifetime.

Sent on 05/17/2015

Stacy · Married on 04/12/2015

I got married at Rhodes Hall on April 12th of 2015. Everything about this place is amazing! It's beautiful both inside and outside, so the decorating I needed to do was minimal. The staff is also incredible! I loved working with Chrystal leading up to and on the day of the wedding. Everything was a blur for me but went off without a hitch! It's also very reasonable priced (for those considering this venue it's a historical building so you can write it off in your taxes) and they let you bring your own alcohol! Best place to get married in Atlanta.

There were about 70 people at the wedding and ceremony. It is a smaller venue; 70 was a perfect number. We used Talk of the Town as our caterer and they worked very well with Rhodes Hall to have everything perfect! Beautiful bridal room to get ready in beforehand. I did not have a wedding planner and did most of the planning myself. It's nice that this venue doesn't require a planner and even worked with me.

Sent on 07/07/2015
  • Jessie

Jessie · Married on 10/12/2014

This was the best venue to have a wedding. My (now) husband and I loved Rhodes Hall from the moment we stepped foot on the venue. We immediately booked Rhodes and had our dream wedding last week. We received so many compliments about our venue when we showed pictures throughout the planning process and later when our guests came for the wedding. Chrystal Butts was so helpful throughout the process!!!

Sent on 10/20/2014

tiffany · Married on 05/17/2014

My wedding was so beautiful and gorgeous! Thanks to the help of the staffs Chrystal Butts, Carla Penque, and everyone else. It was an amazing venue, unlike any other venues myself and other folks have been to. I researched 30 different venues around the area (Primrose, Atrium, Villa Christina, Garden at Great Oaks, Carl House, Botanical Garden, etc.) , and Rhodes Hall is just absolutely the best choice I have ever made to pick my wedding venue. Super romantic, intimate, and historical. Everyone enjoyed the venue and we went up to the roof top and the view was just amazing. Everything inside Rhodes Hall is so pretty and unique, especially the beautiful stain glass window so colorful and the staircase is just gorgeous. We like the different rooms, at first we worried that people won't be in the same room but it worked out perfectly because it was initiate and yet everyone feel close by. Everyone just mingle from room to room. The dance floor was great on the porch. Oh the bridal room is so spacious and beautiful. Everything looks so gorgeous. I wish I have a picture to post on wedding wire to share with you.

Sent on 05/22/2014
  • User4116623 · event on 02/22/2014

I chose "engagement party" on this survey as there was no "rehearsal dinner" option, but we had our rehearsal dinner here. It was beautiful!

Sent on 05/20/2014

Great venue also great staff. Very open to working with you to help remove stress and keep your day your special day.

Lily · Married on 10/12/2013

Rhodes Hall was an absolute perfect venue. As the bestman in our wedding said in his speech, every girl wants to grow up and get married in a castle! We just got married on the second weekend in October. The weather couldn't have been any nicer, about 77 and sunny. Some tables were out in the yard, some were inside. And we used the porch as our dance floor.

Chrystal, the events coordinator (and historic arts coordinator), was amazing. She was extremely prompt in her communication as well as helpful in recommending vendors and ideas for us. She was a world of information and was right in the mix with the caterer and wedding planer.

My favorite thing about Rhodes Hall was that it wasn't the same ole' country club/hotel ballroom. I had envisioned a wedding that would be more like throwing a party at a big southern mansion, allowing people to walk around, mingle, and enjoy all that the home has to offer. All of my guests raved about what a unique venue we had, how convenient it is to the attractions in Atlanta, and how it will always stand out in their minds as one of the best, most fun weddings they've ever been to.

I give Rhodes Hall an A+!

Sent on 10/16/2013

The space was beautiful! The staff was wonderful and knew exactly what lighting woul be best in the space with photos (always important for a wedding)! They were flexible with our change of date and our unique style. I had grown up dreaming of getting married at Rhodes Hall, and they made sure that my dream became a stress free reality!

• Nicole

Nicole · Married on 09/13/2013

My husband and I are so happy that we selected Rhodes Hall for our wedding ceremony and reception location. We primarily worked with Chrystal Butts, she is amazing and so organized. She was so quick to respond to my emails and phone calls and she had some great tips and suggestions.
    Rhodes Hall is such a gorgeous venue for an event, especially a wedding! My photographer has been doing weddings for decades and said this is one of his favorite venues to shoot because of the natural beauty. If you want amazing wedding pictures, Rhodes Hall is the place! They let the bride and groom go up to the top of the tower with their photographer. Those pictures alone are more than worth the rental fee!
    My husband and I were doing a DIY wedding on a tight budget (about $10,000 for 50 guests) and we were able to pull it off because we chose Rhodes Hall. Because it is so beautiful already, we spent very little on decorations. They have a great list of approved caterers for all budgets and tastes, we chose Soiree Catering who was served beautiful and very delicious food that was very reasonably priced. Also, Rhodes Hall allows you to bring your own alcohol (your caterer has to serve it to your guests), which saves a lot of money. We served our guests red and white wine, champagne, beer and a signature drink.
    Our guests were blown away by Rhodes Hall and how perfect of a wedding venue it was. My husband, our officiant and I stood at the top of the stairs on the front porch for the ceremony, our guests sat in chairs on the front lawn. The food was served buffet style in the dining room, with tables and chairs for our guests throughout the rest of the main floor. The DJ, four high boy tables and the bar was set up on the front porch, which was a perfect spot for dancing.
    Also: they recently (August/September 2013) installed central air in Rhodes Hall, so comfort inside during the warmer months is no longer a concern.
    I had the wedding of my dreams thanks to Rhodes Hall!

Sent on 10/13/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 03/24/2013

Rhodes Hall venue and it's staff were perfect! The beauty of the venue combined with the professionalism of the staff was just what we needed; especially with the weather causing our event to be moved indoors at the last minute. They made the bride and groom feel special and all the guests comfortable with the flow during the ceremony, changeover and reception. A sincere thank you for all of your help not only the day of, but all the days leading up to it.

Natalia · Married on 03/15/2013

We couldn't have picked a better place to celebrate our marriage. We were extremely happy that everything went amazing! The staff was very attentive, nice and accommodating. Our friends and family spoke highly of the venue and how it was such a unique and perfect venue for the celebration. We were very pleased with the responsiveness with help and time resolving any issues and answering to any questions we had. This was a special night for us and we are truly thankful that we chose the Rhodes Hall. I hope to be back for another fun event. I recommend the Rhodes Hall and their staff to anyone planning and an upcoming event.

Sent on 04/16/2013

Nichol · Married on 03/02/2013

Absolutely LOVED the venue. Especially the rooftop view overlooking the city (only bride and groom and photographer get to experience).

Chrystal Butts was a pleasure to work with any would recommend her to any blushing bride! She works with any possible situation that may occur.

Stephanie · Married on 11/04/2012

Crystal and her staff at Rhodes Hall were amazing! Crystal was very professional, answered any and all questions we had in a quick and timely manner. We had numerous people from our wedding tell us how beautiful the venue is (our wedding was in the evening) and how they would even recommend it to others! I cannot speak enough good things about Rhodes Hall and the staff, they honestly made my dream wedding a reality!

Sent on 04/10/2013

We had our daughters wedding and reception at Rhodes Hall and couldn't have been happier! It was absolutely perfect! RH provides a beautiful setting that your guests will talk about for weeks. I'm still hearing compliments. Chrystal, the Events Coordinator, was a tremendous help. She was quick to answer any questions we had. She and her staff are completely professional and extremely helpful. We had a wonderful experience here and would recommend RH to anyone!

Sent on 11/08/2012

Brooke · Married on 10/13/2012

The day was absolutely perfect! The venue was amazing and fit perfectly for the style that I wanted. I would not have changed a thing about the day or the event.

Sent on 11/08/2012
  • User2720448 · 2+ years ago

Rhodes Hall is a beautiful venue. My fiancé and I booked it online half a year in advance with fingers crossed, as we were moving to the Atlanta area shortly before our wedding and would not be able to visit before our move. Fortunately, it was as lovely as the pictures! The venue comes with a good amount of tables and chairs, so we didn't have to rent any extra. Our flowers were minimal, because the house is so decorative on its own. Also, Chrystal, the event coordinator at Rhodes, is a delight to work with. She is professional and answered all of my questions promptly, and yet is very relaxed. I would recommend Rhodes to anyone looking to marry or have a reception in a beautiful, historic location in the Atlanta area.

Sent on 10/18/2012