Rhodes Entertainment Reviews

130 | Boise, ID

130 Reviews for Rhodes Entertainment

Ben · Married on 08/12/2016

Eric did an amazing job!! We had a lot of fun, he was very professional and it was great to work with him. Very glad we met him and will definitely use his services again!!

Sent on 09/09/2016

Lindsey · Married on 07/23/2016

I would recommend Eric without hesitation for any wedding or event in the Treasure Valley -- or anywhere, for that matter! Not only was he responsive and attentive in hearing our vision for the music and entertainment, he was flexible to move with the crowds needs on the day-of, and kept them excited. The dance floor was literally full the entire wedding, and Eric's song selection was perfect to keep people engaged.

Further, we had a vision for a more interactive dinner with speeches and breaks -- a dinner that lasted 2.5 hours. Eric was enthusiastic and supportive, contributing ideas and working with our MC's to make the entire event a huge success. He was there and involved in our wedding for over 8 hours, and we couldn't imagine it with another DJ. Choose Eric for your next event, and share your vision with him, without "telling" him what to do. He is a professional, and will bring your vision to you, even larger than life.

Sent on 05/04/2017

Chris · Married on 07/09/2016

Eric was super easy to work with and he personalized the music to our taste and blended it well with what people wanted to dance to. Months after the wedding we had people tell us how amazed they were with how well he kept the crowd entertained. Once the dancing began, there was no point where the dance floor was empty. The closest we came to an empty dance floor was at last call. Super flexible, professional, and a great guy!

Sent on 01/12/2017

Jen · Married on 07/02/2016

Eric was a total professional, easy & fun to work with and he had our guests dancing all night long - what else would you want?

Sent on 07/25/2016

Hannah · Married on 06/25/2016

We were so happy with our decision to have Rhodes Entertainment as our wedding DJ. Eric is a great communicator and listener, and works closely with us before the wedding to set up a plan that worked best for us. His insight and experience were very helpful to help create a timeline and playlist for the event. Eric is thoughtful, engaged and organized. He set up everything for our ceremony and reception and kept in constant contact with our other vendors (caterer, photographer, and baker) to make sure everything was on time and in order. Rhodes Entertainment has a huge selection of music, and Eric is willing to get special requests to add to the playlist. All of our guests had so much fun and were out on the dance floor during the entire reception. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ. Thank you, Eric!

Sent on 07/18/2016

Jacqueline · Married on 06/19/2016

Eric is amazing to work with, his planning tools and face to face meetings make him an outstanding professional. He even downloaded some special polka music I requested for my grandparents. Eric had everyone on the dance floor and was a dream to work with.

Sent on 06/25/2016

Noelle · Married on 06/18/2016

Eric was awesome. He made our wedding day better than we could have done ourselves, even with our outstanding coordinator. He was always flexible and able to meet with us. He answered all of our questions timely. He helped us select great songs that really helped set the stage (so to speak) and make a memorable evening. He truly nailed the timing of the processional and the recessional. Also, he guides the event with the toasts and the music/dancing. He was always there, leading the wedding reception, without being center stage or in the way - so, a consummate professional. He is also super skilled at reading an audience and getting them on the dance floor. We weren't sure how much dancing would occur, but there were always people on the dance floor and more people danced than we expected! That was great! He is also super pleasant and easy to work with, and modified his contract - improving the wording, essentially - based upon suggestions from our coordinator. We loved Eric!!

Sent on 01/22/2017

Philip · Married on 06/17/2016

Eric did a fantastic job with our wedding. He managed the party flow without drawing too much attention to himself, was easy to work with, and of course set up a great dance party with a perfect mix of music we like. Would highly recommend him.

Sent on 07/13/2016

Mathee · Married on 06/16/2016

I am so thankful for Eric and his service! He was super flexible, he responded to all of my questions within such a short amount of time. Our wedding day could not have gone as smooth as it did had Eric not been our DJ! Eric's professionalism and his love for this profession is so apparent in the way he conducted himself the whole time! If you're hesitating about whether or not you need a DJ, I'll just let you know that I was too. But you really do need an MC to make your day go smoothly! We played the shoe game, the money dance and we danced the night away! If you're looking for a family friendly, awesome party on your wedding night, Eric is your guy!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Cody · Married on 06/12/2016

I am a wedding photographer/videographer and I have been apart of weddings where the DJ was not ideal. DJ Rhodes is the man! I was a groomsmen at my brother's wedding and was very impressed with great variety and professional set up! DJ Rhodes has it on lock. No better choice than DJ Rhodes.

Sent on 10/20/2016

Steve · Married on 06/11/2016

Eric was amazing! We started the night at our wedding site in the foothills. He setup and played intro songs before the wedding and during. It was perfect. He then quickly packed up and arrived at Beside Bardenay well before we did. He played music from the minute he arrived. By the end of the night everyone was on the dance floor. We even moved tables to accommodate the amount of people. We had a blast. Eric helped us make it a party everyone will always remember.

Sent on 01/13/2017

Megan · Married on 05/21/2016

My husband and I would highly recommend Eric. He had a very user friendly website and my husband and I had the best time adding and picking out the songs we wanted to have played at our wedding. The dancing never stopped at our wedding and everyone had a blast! I think every bride has a fear that their wedding will be lame or no one will dance or have a good time, but Eric kept the party going and knew what songs to play to keep the party moving. I didn't want the night to end! We would highly recommend Eric and his services!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Angie · Married on 05/14/2016

I would hire Eric again in a heartbeat! He was extremely professional and flexible. He played a wide variety of music, something to please everyone at the wedding. And when a few events in the timeline got changed last minute, he had no problem adjusting. I recommend Eric to anyone considering a DJ for their wedding or other event. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 05/20/2016
  • Mckinzy

Mckinzy · Married on 01/22/2016

Excellent!

Eric was so great to work with! He met with me on 2 separate occasions before the wedding to make sure everything was planned out perfectly. He listened to what I wanted, and was very careful to listen and understand my visions, but also guided me in planning details like my timeline with his professional experience. I would highly recommend Eric to anyone. Everyone at the wedding had a blast! I got countless comments on the DJ specifically and how good he was. He knows how to feel out the room and play what is appropriate at certain times, but also knows when to turn things up or down. I have nothing but great things to say about Rhodes Entertainment, especially Eric.

Sent on 01/14/2019

We originally were going to do our own music for our wedding. After talking, we knew we wanted no stress and wanted everyone to have a good time so about a month before, we decided to hire a DJ and it was the best decision we could have made. Eric met up with us that week and we figured out some of our music and our timeline, while we shared with him what we wanted and he gave us some ideas as well. He was very communicative when I had questions, and handled my family well with all of the emails we sent (surprise dances, etc.) On the day of the wedding, he was on time-probably even early to set up and played music for all of my crazy nieces and nephews while pictures were being taken. Eric was so extremely professional and I had soo many great compliments from our guests that night. My dad ended up picking 3 songs for our father/daughter dance and Eric was able to make that moment perfect and so special for us. I would definitely use Eric again for any type of event where we need a DJ and I will tell all of our friends about him. We were so happy with his service, and could not have asked for a better DJ for our wedding. Thank you Eric!!
    -Molly

Sent on 07/27/2015

Audrey · Married on 11/28/2015

I had guests that approached me throughout the reception that told me that this was the best DJ they have ever heard! No joke. Eric was great to work with and pulled through with exactly the type of music that we wanted. I would recommend him to any and all events that you want your guests dancing at!

Sent on 12/03/2015
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 10/03/2015

Eric was AMAZING to work with. He helped us through our entire wedding planning process. He helped us to put together a realistic timeline for our day. I was having a hard time with ceremony music, and he provided options for me that were perfect. He was beyond personable and professional when making announcements at our wedding, and was able to stay in line to our timeline which was really important to me.
    Our dance floor was PACKED all night. There were people of all ages dancing and having a wonderful time at our reception.
    I cannot recommend him enough! If you want your wedding to run smoothly, your guests to have a blast, and have tons of help during the planning process, hire Eric!

Sent on 10/16/2015

Jessica · Married on 09/26/2015

We couldn’t be happier Eric was our wedding DJ. He was extremely professional, courteous and gave our wedding 110% of his energy throughout the entire process. For weeks after the wedding, we couldn’t stop talking about what an epic job Eric did!

We worked with Eric remotely (we live in the Bay Area) and when we had our first sit-down meeting with Eric in Boise to go over our timeline, Eric politely took the initiative (and the extra time) to rearrange a few things to ensure our wedding evening would flow in the best way possible. We were blown away at his commitment to every little detail!

He energetically worked a very long day for our wedding and DJ’d both our ceremony, cocktail hour and long reception. He was perfectly receptive to our lengthy list of preferred songs and matched the style and mood we were going for throughout the entire evening. Our dance floor was hopping for hours and hours and we had so many compliments from so many friends and family about how much fun they had at our wedding and what a great party it was -- and we know music is such a vital part of having a unforgettable party. We both danced so much and had a great time at our own wedding!

The biggest compliment we had was when one of our groomsmen booked Eric after our wedding for his own nuptials the following year. That says it all!

Also, we asked Eric for a videographer recommendation and we were just beyond thrilled with whom he recommended-- Michael Tetro. The two worked together seamlessly and we got equally fantastic feedback about our stunning wedding video. If you’re also looking for a videographer for your wedding, we can’t recommend this duo enough! They also are both really nice, honest and fun guys.

Sent on 12/18/2015

Nate · Married on 09/19/2015

DJ Eric Rhodes was recommended by a friend and we are so glad we had him DJ our wedding! Eric did an absolutely great job providing music and entertainment to an audience with a wide age range. His music transitions were flawless and he really keyed in on the crowd's energy level throughout the night. We met with Eric a week before our wedding and presented him a short list of songs and music styles we wanted to hear as well as the reception schedule. Eric provided great guidance and helped us fine tune our reception details. In addition to DJing Eric provided announcement services for dinner, toasts, cake cutting, etc. The best part of our night was the surprise "Dance Off" I had with my mother. Eric allowed me to provide him a pre-mixed track and helped energize our guests as my mother and I heated up the dance floor. Throughout the night I received countless compliments on how well DJ Eric Rhodes entertained our guests as well as his level of professionalism. I am recommending Eric to all of our friends for future weddings, parties, and other events here in the Treasure Valley.

Thanks again Eric!

Sent on 09/27/2015

Alma · Married on 09/12/2015

We had an outdoor ceremony and reception, Eric provided the sound system for the ceremony and played the best music. He had a variety of just about anything you can imagine. We had about 250 guests with 25 kids under age of 10 and the dance floor was never empty. He was professional but very with everyone. We have heard nothing but good things from our guest about how good the music was and the best DJ they've heard. We would definitely recommend Eric and Rhodes Entertainment to anyone that is looking for music for an event. We received a permit from the City of Eagle at the last minute to continue our event until midnight which Eric was kind enough to accommodate us at the last minute.

Sent on 09/23/2015

Craig · Married on 09/05/2015

Wow. Absolutely blown away at the way our wedding turned out. My wife and I could not have found anyone better to DJ. The work put into our day that Eric did so many months before showed big time. His skills as MC, timeliness, and ability to keep the flow smooth were beyond what we expected. Had every song we picked out ready at the appropriate times, and kept the dance floor packed! His passion for this shows through the entire time. I was extremely impressed to learn about his continual practice at public speaking. I wouldn't suggest anyone else for your day, whether it be a wedding, holiday party, or just because you want a dance party. If he's available, do it. To top it off, our wedding was out of town in Emmett. Not more than three hours before our start time, I was hit with the realization that the formal shop only packed 7 of the 8 ties for the groomsmen. Crap. Out of everybody we could get a hold of in Boise, Eric was on his way (amply early to ensure a great set up) and made a detour to swing by and pick up the 8th tie. Class act guy right there. Saved the day! Thank you!

Sent on 12/03/2015

Going with Rhodes Entertainment was the best thing we did for our wedding. From the beginning, Eric provided insight for the day of planning to make things go as smooth as possible. The playlist he created from our song list was phenomenal, we had compliments from our guests, the bartenders, and from venue staff on music quality and selection. He was very personable and professional, and made sure our day went off without a hitch. He cared about our input and provided the best service possible based on our wants/needs for the day. Our wedding day was a huge success, and we can thank Eric Rhodes for being a great part of that.

Sent on 09/24/2015

Sarah · Married on 08/15/2015

We can't say enough wonderful things about Rhodes Entertainment and Eric!

When thinking about our wedding, the DJ was always going to be one of the most important elements of the day. From the minute we met Eric, we felt extremely confident in his services. Eric asked the perfect questions and provided (much needed) guidance to help our party flow throughout the night. Eric was available by email anytime and also offers access to a playlist/planning site for the wedding music. It gave me great confidence to be able to communicate with Eric throughout the process.

Eric emceed for us as well. I thought it was particularly professional that he went around to each table to invite them to dinner. Most weddings I've been to the DJ announces the table numbers overhead and that can be distracting.

My family had traditional songs that Eric incorporated into the playlist to satisfy our traditions but also kept the guests on the dance floor.

My favorite memory of our wedding is twirling around the dance floor with the people I love most in this world. It would not have been possible without Eric.

Plus he's just a really cool, down to earth guy!

Thanks, Eric!

Sent on 08/22/2015

Melissa & Shalease · Married on 08/14/2015

OMG! The experience we had with Eric was AMAZING!
    Not only was he available whenever we had questions or clarification, he was even more wonderful in person. Eric asked some really great questions to make sure our day was as amazing as possible. And he has great rates, even a week day discount rate! He made sure all equipment needed was covered and always double checked to make sure everything fload with our incredible wedding day.
    The day of was incredible. Not only did he show up super early; he would check in with claifications if something was needed. He was right on track with what our wishes were. His music selection was spot on AND he stayed longer than booked (for very reasonable price)!
    We had SO many people compliment our DJ and how fun their experience was and phenominal dancing music!
    So worth the booking! So worth the money!

Sent on 08/21/2015

Russell · Married on 08/01/2015

Eric made our wedding even more amazing than we envisioned. He was able to read the crowd and select songs based on the moods of the wedding guests. There wasn't a single moment with an empty dance floor.

We've been to many weddings that were stale and boring due to a bad music selection and flow. These said weddings usually resulted in the guests getting bored leaving prematurely, this was definitely not the case with Eric. With Eric we actually had to stop the reception with a full dance floor still (noise ordinance at our wedding venue)!

Hiring Rhodes Entertainment was easily the best money spent on the entire reception! We will be recommending Eric to anyone that's looking for a wedding to remember.

Sent on 08/22/2015