Revolution Summer Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Alyssa
    Alyssa F. Getting married on 09/24/2022

So talented!!!

Corey is super talented at what he does!! We are so happy we found him. He did an amazing job with our engagement photos and our sneak peak photos. I am sure the wedding photos will be beautiful. He really knows how to capture the special moments and the Kodak moments you can look back at forever. Highly recommend!
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea Married on 11/06/2021

Absolutely perfect!

Corey at Revolution Summer Photography was literally the perfect photographer for our wedding day!  I'm obsessed with his style and his artistic vision, but on top of having a great philosophy and creating truly beautiful images, he was so easy and fun to work with.  We got to know him and get comfortable working with him for our engagement shoot before the wedding, but even after postponing the wedding a whole year due to COVID, it still felt so easy to work with Corey when the day finally came.  He was very easy-going but excited to get unique, stunning photos that would really capture the complete story of our day and our relationship.  His photos are timeless and I know I'll be staring at them for years to come, but I really can't say enough good about how great he was to work with at every step of the process -- very communicative, on top of what he needed from us even when we were a little lost in the weeds ourselves, and he made everyone feel really comfortable while he documented the goings-on of the day.  I couldn't be happier and I can't recommend him highly enough!
    Lori Married on 10/08/2021

Great Experience, Highly Recommend

My daughter chose Corey as the photographer for her wedding. She doesn't like posed pictures, but wanted natural, artistic looking photos. She got just that with Corey. He's great to work with, fun and best of all gave them beautiful photos to help them remember their special day. And on top of all that, he's very reasonably priced. I would highly recommend Corey to anyone!
  • Chelsey
    Chelsey B. Married on 09/25/2021

Corey is the best!

I had seen Corey at work at a wedding a couple of years ago and I knew I had to book him for mine when I got engaged. We booked him nearly two years before our date and he was down to earth, funny, and so easy to work with. He traveled so far to be there with us on our big day but showed up perfectly on time and ready to get those shots. We also got our pictures back super quickly! We have friends who got married a month before us and still don't have anything back yet, so we're super grateful for that. Not to mention the photos are BEAUTIFUL. Thank you Corey!! You rock!!
    Melissa H. Married on 09/04/2021

Incredible artist!

Corey made my husband and I feel so special on our wedding day. He allowed us to focus on the special moments throughout the day by capturing everything so systematically and seamlessly. When we received our photos from him we were blown away by how each photo brought us back to our wedding day. He has a very special talent and I would recommend him to anyone on their special day!!!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie S. Married on 08/26/2021

Genuine - Quality - Professional!

We originally hired Corey to photograph our large 200+ person wedding in June 2020, unfortunately the pandemic had other plans. Corey was fantastic and very supportive through the whole postponement process. When we reached out again to see if he was available to photograph our August 2021 micro-wedding (on a Thursday) Corey was more than willing to make it work despite being very busy. We are so thankful! Corey was able to capture the emotions and beauty of our wedding day perfectly and we will cherish these photos for years to come. We loved his photography style - very natural and genuine. He made all of our guests feel comfortable and was a pleasure to have with us throughout the day. We absolutely loved working with Corey and Revolution Summer Photography and would highly recommend him!
  • Margo
    Margo B. Married on 08/14/2021

Fun Experience - Beautiful Pictures!!

We had such a great time working with Corey. We were nervous about being in front of the camera - but Corey was so funny and friendly we felt totally comfortable. We got our engagement photos back and we were floored by the quality of work he provided - and did so in a surprisingly timely manor. We worked with him again for our wedding and our wedding party/ vendors loved having him there! His photos were amazing and truly captured the feeling of the day - I couldn't recommend him more!
  • Allison
    Allison C. Married on 07/31/2021

Wedding photography

We hired Corey to do both our engagement shoot and our wedding. His style of photography is exactly what we were looking for.

We just got all of our photos back and they all turned out incredible. Corey was able to capture our wedding in such a beautiful and unique way that shows all of the emotion from the day. You can tell there is a ton of extra work that he put in to sort through and edit photos and the quality speaks for itself.  He really captured our essence in his photos and his work is extremely genuine.  I would recommend Corey to anybody and we are grateful that he agreed to capture our big day.

Thank you Corey!!
    Meghan W. Married on 07/09/2021

Won the lottery with Corey as our wedding photographer, highly recommend!

You have a daunting number of choices to make when wedding planning. However, choosing Corey is easy. We truly felt like we won the lottery with him as our wedding photographer. It all started with our engagement shoot where Corey made us feel at ease and captured our Save the Date photo that everyone kept telling us should be on a magazine cover. The day of our wedding was a complete whirlwind, literally. Hurricane Elsa rolled into town. The storm didn’t even phase Corey, and he willingly weathered it with us with a flexible attitude. He ventured out in the rain and wind to capture some incredible photos before the wedding. We lucked out and the rain cleared in time for our ceremony/reception and ended with a rainbow and beautiful sunset. Corey dealt with taking photos in every type of weather, went with the flow, and captured every range of emotion. He even got his shoes soaked in a stream in order to get the perfect shot during golden hour! With Corey’s photojournalistic style, we never felt posed. He watched the day unfold and focused on telling the story. Throughout the day, our family and friends kept complimenting him and what a great choice we had made. When our photos were delivered, we were in awe of how he truly captured “us", our genuine emotions, and all the special moments that tell the story of our memorable day. He is a true artist and master of his work! Thank you Corey! Do yourself a favor and stop searching- you have found your wedding photographer!
  • Christina
    Christina S. Married on 07/03/2021

Stunning Photos

I worked with Corey this past summer for my July wedding. After booking in 2018 and waiting 2 years for our 2020 wedding, only for it to be postponed, Corey was flexible and accommodating.

Corey was prompt on the day and captured some wonderful moments between my husband, myself, our bridal party, and our guests. The day was a bit dreary but the photos were absolutely stunning. I could really tell he took time to make them look amazing.

Corey even gave us a small gift at the reception of a few polaroids of the photos he took that day. He is a wonderful, talented photographer. If you are looking for some great pictures I recommend booking him!
    Emily G. Married on 05/01/2021

Corey was fantastic!

We are so lucky to have found Corey to photograph our wedding! He was so easy to work with. We told him what we envisioned and his photos exceeded our expectations! He was easy to work with and fit seamlessly into the background during the entire wedding. Our pictures are beautiful and we are blessed we can cherish them for the rest of our life together!
    Ron R. Married on 09/05/2020

Excellent photographer

Corey has been so great from beginning to end. He was very patient and helpful with picture lists and requests for specific posed pictures. He knows exactly when to start taking pictures to get the best light for the best pictures and extremely reasonably priced. Corey has a fantastic eye and easily blends in to the cried to get those true candid photos, you really forget he's there which is exactly what you want on your special day. I would have and already have recommended his services to other friends planning a wedding.
  • Leah
    Leah Married on 07/25/2020

100% satisfied!!

My husband and I had a small hideaway wedding and one of our top priorities was to make sure we captured our special moments on camera. Not only were we over the moon about the quality & content of the photos, but we were very impressed with his timely turn around to produce such beautiful shots of us. It was Also a nice surprise that we got a few sample photos practically the next day! To add to it Corey was professional, friendly, easy to work with, and contributed to the happiness of our day. We would highly recommend Corey. You won’t be disappointed!
  • Amber
    Amber H. Married on 05/22/2020

Gorgeous Photos that Tell a Story

If you’re looking for a wedding photographer, I cannot recommend Corey Butler of Revolution Summer Photographer highly enough. Corey was our photographer for our intimate vow renewal in Orono, Maine in May of 2021. I’ve known Corey since undergrad, and have been in awe of his photography skills for nearly as long. I’ve seen a lot of his wedding photos over the years and am always blown away by how gorgeous they are. Between his incredible skills and easygoing nature, I was sure I wanted him for my wedding photographer, and I’m so glad I chose him.

Corey’s photojournalist approach really appealed to me. He documents the day in a way that tells a story, and works to capture the little things as well as the big moments. For example, he snapped pictures of my sis putting a heel cover on my heels because she’s the one with the muscles. Me chatting with my grammie after the ceremony. Me feeding my friendly neighborhood squirrel, Chip. It makes me smile to see so many of these little moments preserved on film. His photos embody the spirit of the day. He does include the standard family and couples photos too, but it’s not like one of those situations where you’re posing for hours. For the couples photos, he can provide coaching if you want, but he’s also willing to take your lead. He gave a few prompts here and there, but once we got the hang of things, he largely left it up to us. The whole process felt surprisingly natural and the pictures don’t look forced.

Corey is easy to work with and accommodating. We were supposed to have a bigger scale wedding in 2020, but the pandemic made that impossible. However, Corey was understanding and we were able to reschedule without any issues. We then had a family medical issue come up and had to push our vow renewal back by a day, and Corey was willing to adjust his schedule to meet our needs. He’s also quick to respond. When I had questions for him, he got back to me promptly with thorough answers.

My partner and I ended up scaling down our plans significantly after the pandemic messed up our original plans, and I was a little nervous about having a professional photographer at such a basic ceremony. However, once Corey was there, I quickly lost my self-consciousness. He fit in seamlessly, and got along well with everyone. Even though Corey has photographed weddings way more elaborate than mine, I didn’t feel judged and felt like he provided me with the same quality work as he would have a fancier ceremony.

The photos are absolutely stunning. We had our ceremony in an ornamental garden, and the couples photos look like something out of a fairy tale. They definitely look a lot more elegant than our ceremony’s price tag might suggest. I still can’t get over how picturesque they are.

If you’re looking for stunning photos that will tell the story of your wedding day from start to finish, I would highly recommend Revolution Summer Photography.
  • I
    Ian S. Married on 03/10/2020

A smooth and professional experience from start to finish

Working with Corey was a pleasure. He walked us through each step and was always there to answer any questions we might have, and was willing to roll with the changes we made to the wedding due to COVID. On the day he was punctual, friendly, and attentive, and never missed an opportunity for a great candid shot or group photo. The photos themselves are fantastic and we couldn't be happier with them. Overall we couldn't recommend him highly enough.
  • Michelle
    Michelle L. Married on 11/09/2019

Highly Recommend!

Corey was FANTASTIC! He did both our engagement photos and our wedding. He perfectly captured our true personalities within each photo. Our guests continue to compliment our photos. We are so grateful!
    Theodore W. Married on 11/09/2019

Wonderful photographer

Corey was excellent to work with. He gave us really great photos of our engagement and wedding that fit in exactly the style we wanted. We found him to be excellent to communicate with and he was the perfect match for our goofy selves. I;d recommend Corey to anyone with an upcoming wedding. Thanks so much for bringing our vision to life!
  • Quinn
    Quinn Married on 10/12/2019

Truly talented!

Corey was wonderful to work with. Responded quickly to emails. Very patient and answered all of our many, many questions. His pricing is fair and he was very clear about the contract so there were no surprises. On the wedding day he was so wonderful to work with. I was nervous about having a single shooter but he captured everything without interfering with the moment. Happy we chose Revolution Summer Photography, truly talented!
  • Rachel
    Rachel L. Married on 10/12/2019

Rumans Ingalls wedding

Corey did the photography for my wedding a few weeks ago. He is absolutely fantastic! The quality of the pictures are better than anything I have ever seen, and he is extremely professional. I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone and everyone!
  • Nicholas
    Nicholas S. Married on 08/17/2019

Corey is amazing!

Corey did an amazing job for our engagement and wedding photos! He was easy to work with and did a great job making us feel comfortable during our shoots. The quality of his work is impressive and we have received countless compliments about our photos! We would recommend him highly to anyone!
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 06/29/2019

Best wedding purchase!!

Corey was amazing to work with and made the whole process easy and seamless. I was originally looking for a photographer with a documentary style to really capture my wedding day in a genuine way, and that is exactly what Corey was able to do. The first time I met Corey was on the wedding day, and was nervous it would feel weird with a stranger capturing intimate moments, but Corey's attitude and warmth made it feel like we were old friends. Corey was very responsive to all my questions and never made me feel like the millions of questions I was asking were silly. The pictures were returned very quickly (3 weeks!!!) after the wedding and they all looked better than I could have imagined. I would recommend Revolution Summer to everyone and am soooo happy that I chose Corey to shoot my wedding day.
    Ashley Married on 06/14/2019

Great photographer!

Corey was awesome to work with and we love our engagement and wedding photos!!
  • Caroline
    Caroline Married on 05/10/2019

An awesome person and experience.

Corey was the perfect photographer for the experience we wanted to have on our wedding day. Corey was flexible to accommodate last-minute changes in the timeline, he had great recommendations for what to prioritize, and most importantly his photos really captured the experience of the wedding day. We really wanted someone that would go with the flow of the day and wouldn't add any stress to the experience, and Corey did an amazing job navigating family, other vendors, and making sure to capture all the important moments. He was one of the vendors we trusted most and it was awesome to let him do his thing knowing that the photos would come out great. We'd go with him again in a heartbeat.

Revolution Summer Photography's reply:

You two made it easy, of course it went off without a hitch! Thank you so much for having me tag along for such an important day, it means the world to me.
    Karen W. Married on 02/10/2019

Corey tells an amazing story with his photos

Corey has done 3 weddings for our family and he is scheduled to do another in 2020. Corey has a unique way of telling a story with his photos while at the same time making everyone feel completely at ease. It was so comforting to know that Corey is handling the photos thereby alleviating some of the stress that inevitably comes with wedding planning. Thank you Corey!