Revolution Hall Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Justine
    Justine R. Married on 09/12/2021

Best venue!

Carrie and the entire staff at Brown's went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was absolutely perfect. Everyone was helpful, flexible, and fun to work with! Especially with covid, Carrie did everything in her power to help us change our date, keep our guests safe, and deal with some last-minute cancelations. Our entire party raved about the food, drinks, and service. I wish we could get married here all over again, and I can't say enough what a great experience this was!

Revolution Hall's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! It was so great getting to you know all.

Hope to see you again sometime soon,

Katie W. Married on 09/11/2021

Making our big day an absolute dream

I can't begin to describe how incredible our wedding day/weekend was. We had our rehearsal dinner and welcome party in the Malt Room at Brown's and our wedding at Brown's Revolution Hall. The Malt Room is a gorgeous cozy space that feels like a speakeasy, with its copper top bar and red couches and brick walls. The bartender Angie and staff were so wonderful and attentive to us and our guests. Angie also had a killer playlist that made the night even more fun! The food was INCREDIBLE!!

Revolution Hall was the most perfect venue for my husband and I who love breweries and starry lights. The venue itself also gives you a cozy vibe where you are destined to have a magical night. Carrie Harkin and her staff and truly amazing and made our day go even better than we could have anticipated. Carrie is such a wonderful human! We just love her!! She has the best personality and is a joy to work with. She is just as excited for you and your big day as you are and allows you to not have to worry about anything. She always greeted us so warmly and was so quick to respond to our emails with detailed information. She is simply the best! We can't thank her and her staff enough for creating the most memorable and incredible wedding weekend!

The food and drinks at Brown's were so amazing! The cocktail hour appetizers were delicious and the meals were divine! The beer at Brown's is always sooo good and you get a say in what beers you would like to have the day of your wedding which is wonderful! Thank you so much to the chef and their staff for the incredible foodie experience!

As I mentioned my husband and I love breweries and Brown's offers a day with the brewers where you can help brew your own beer for your wedding if that's something you are interested in. We had a full day at Brown's learning about the brewing process and helping along the way. The brewer's were great leading up to the day and asking us types of beer and flavors we liked and what we were hoping to make. We were able to brew a citrus session IPA that we called "Hoppy Wife, Hoppy Life." The taste of the beer was amazing! We were thrilled with how it turned out! Being able to serve a beer we helped brew at our wedding was such an added bonus and all of our guests raved about it.

Basically I can't say enough about Brown's, their venues and their absolutely unrivaled and wonderful staff. If you are considering having your big day at Brown's, don't hesitate book now! A huge thank you to Carrie, her staff, and Brown's in general! We loved our wedding weekend and can't stop thinking about it! We love that we get to go back to eat at the restaurant and always remember our wedding!

Katie and Collin,

Thank you for the amazing review! You made my day. It was such a pleasure getting to know you over the past few years. I too, am so happy I will still get to see you in the taproom.

Tara C. Married on 07/31/2021

Wonderful Atmosphere & Incredible Staff!

From start to finish of the wedding planning process, we have been blown away by how professional, kind, and organized Carrie and her team at Brown’s has been. Our wedding was originally planned for July 2020. When we made the decision to postpone, Carrie was understanding and flexible with us. She allowed us to postpone our wedding to July 2021 without any complications. Throughout the planning process, Carrie was always available to speak with me, answer questions, and meet with us to go over details. Carrie made us feel like our wedding was a top priority for the team at Brown’s. On our wedding day, we were blown away by the staff at Brown’s. Carrie and her team were incredibly attentive, accommodating, and detail-oriented. We feel that the staff truly goes above and beyond the call of duty to make sure the guests at the reception feel cared for. They were always checking in on me and my family members to make sure we were eating and had a drink of our choice. The bartenders and servers were efficient and friendly towards our guests. Our priest’s car battery died at the end of our wedding night, and Carrie came to the rescue to jump start his car! The wonderful atmosphere of Rev Hall, coupled with the outstanding staff made our wedding reception a dream come true.
    Photography: CLH Images Photography
  • Elena
    Elena N. Married on 08/01/2020

Amazing venue, food, beer, and staff!

Book your wedding at Brown's right now! Carrie is AMAZING and goes out of her way to make sure your day is perfect. We had so many guests tell us that the food, beer, aesthetic, and staff at our wedding were the best of any wedding they'd been to! I can't recommend Brown's enough- we wish we could relive our wedding day there a million times!
  • Sara
    Sara T. Married on 05/30/2020

Our Rev Hall wedding (finally!)

We booked our wedding at Revolution Hall in February of 2019. It was perfect for us — located near where we live, attached to a great brewery, and a perfect space for the number of people we wanted. Carrie had been so responsive and accommodating while we planned out our 2020 wedding, from the meal choices to the linen colors. The pandemic hit two months before our planned date, so we had to reschedule until June of 2021. So so so worth the wait! With Carrie at the helm, we knew everything would go off without a hitch. The food was fantastic and the space was absolutely perfect (plus near several hotels for our guests’ convenience). I’ll be singing Rev Hall’s praises for a long time!

Sara and Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. It was such a pleasure getting to know you and your family. Looking forward to seeing you in the taproom soon.

• Elena
    Elena P. Married on 12/21/2019

Best decision we made

Selecting this venue was one of the best decisions we made in our wedding planning process. Carrie and Luisa and all their staff we so wonderful to work with and made us feel like we the most important event they had on their schedules, even when we knew they had a million things on their plate. They were responsive, organized, and took care of every request we had without batting an eye. They executed everything better than we had even imagined and made our wedding day the best day of our lives. Now that the wedding is over, we miss our planning meetings with them! The venue is beautiful, but the people there really put this place over the top.

Elena and Victoria,

This was one of the sweetest messages and reviews we have ever received. I will miss our meetings, but hope to see you in the taproom. Thank you for taking the time to send this and for being such a wonderful couple. All the best and thank you.

• Kara
    Kara S. Married on 12/07/2019

Best Wedding Ever!

We're two months out, and I still can't get over how amazing our winter wedding at Rev Hall was! From the start, Louisa and Carrie made sure that every detail was perfect. Our guests raved about the space, the service, and the food all night. Everyone had such a great time, that I (almost) wish we could get married again! Definitely book your wedding here, you won't regret it!

Kara and Alli,

It was such a pleasure getting to know you both! I loved seeing all of your pictures. Thank you for celebrating with us. Hope to see you soon:)

• Suzanne
    Suzanne D. Married on 11/23/2019

Best wedding ever

The venue was unique and conducive to an amazing wedding celebration. The food was 5 star. The staff was professional and Carrie knows how to coordinate a perfect evening.
  • Maggie
    Maggie Married on 11/08/2019

Carrie is everything.

I’m sure I probably sound like a broken record at this point based on other reviews, but Carrie is one of the most insanely talented professionals in the wedding game. Not only is Revolution Hall wonderful, beautiful, unique, and perfect for the rustic bride but Carrie will make all of your dreams come true effortlessly. My fiancé and I have been going to Browns Brewing for years and have always loved and appreciated their fantastic food and Rev Hall delivered on AMAZING food and drinks for our guests. The bartenders were incredible and fun and kept the party rocking, the wait staff was diligent and attentive, and it was all everything we could’ve asked for. Rev Hall was the most perfect venue for what was the most perfect wedding. Thank you!!
    Gabrielle Married on 10/18/2019

Beautiful Day

Brown's Revolution Hall was definitely a perfect choice for our wedding day! We heard nothing but praise over the food and the esthetic of the space from our guests. Carrie, the event manager and coordinator, and her team are so efficient and great at what they do in transforming the space from ceremony to reception hall. We felt very comfortable in their experienced hands, and I will never forget the glow of the room when I walked down the aisle!

Revolution Hall's reply:

Thank you so much for sending a review, it means so much! All the best to you, Matt and your families.

Cheers,

Carrie and the Brown's team
  • Jaclyn
    Jaclyn F. Married on 09/20/2019

Best Wedding Ever!

My husband and I attended a wedding at Revolution Hall three years ago and knew from that moment that we would get married here someday. Fast forward a few years and we were back at Rev Hall, meeting Carrie for the first time, drinking a beer and deciding to book the space! The place sells itself with the rustic interior to the hanging lights and cozy outside beer garden and the staff makes it even better. We worked directly with Carrie & Louisa who were both rock stars. They helped us every step of the way and we were so very thankful for their help and guidance throughout our planning process. They made everything so seamless and easy and our wedding was truly spectacular. It was everything we could have ever dreamed of and more from the food to the drinks, dancing, ambiance, etc. Revolution Hall has so much character and is a true gem. I would suggest this place to anyone looking for a more rustic environment with a truly wonderful staff! We also had our rehearsal dinner at the Malt Room at Brown’s and it was fabulous. It is the perfect space if you want your guests to be able to mingle around and not be stuck at a table the entire night. We had a lot of guests from out of town so it was the perfect environment for our group. Our friends and family are still talking about the rehearsal dinner and wedding and how wonderful it was! Thank you so much to the entire staff at Brown’s!

Jaclyn,
    Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. It was such a pleasure getting to know you, Ryan and your families. I wish you all the best, you are an amazing couple. Hope to see you in the taproom:) Carrie
  • John
    John R. Married on 06/29/2019

Industrial, brewery, historic building, great food and beer!

Carrie helped us coordinate the event, made sure we could make changes to numbers as late as possible! Very responsive. The venue was very awesome, everyone loved it. Carrie had a list of venders who had worked there before which was extremely helpful!

John,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was a pleasure getting to know you all. Please give by best to Ashlyn.

With thanks,

Kelly J. Married on 06/01/2019

Unique, fun, stress-free venue!

Brown’s was truly the perfect venue for us, the food was amazing, all of the staff were wonderful. Carrie was a pleasure to work with - prompt to respond, flexible, and will help accommodate special wishes to pull off your vision (ex: we had some off-menu food/beverage requests). The only drawback we felt when we initially visited was that we didn’t like having the reception tables pushed off to the side during the ceremony. To avoid this, we inquired about getting married on the patio, but Brown’s will only rent to the end of the pergola. Since we wouldn’t fit there (157), we extended our cocktail hour by 30 minutes and they were able to flip the downstairs with this extra time. I’m glad we did this, for many reasons. They also have decorations available, a locked card barrel, seating chart options, and did the set-up for our donuts/cake. Overall, a no-fuss experience - would recommend 1,000 times over!
    Sarah Married on 05/18/2019

Couldn’t be happier

The first time I saw revolution hall I knew I needed to have my wedding there and everything turned out absolutely perfect. Carrie is amazing and knows exactly what she’s doing. As soon as we walked down the aisle after the ceremony she had a drink waiting in hand for me! Couldn’t have asked for a better venue.

Sarah,

It was so lovely getting to know you, Ray and your families. I wish you all the best and hope to see you soon!

Best,

• Kirsten
    Kirsten Married on 05/10/2019

Would Recommend to ANYONE

Amazing!!! My now husband and I cannot thank Carrie and her staff enough for taking our dreams and making them come true. The venue was everything we asked for from appetizers, to food and flexibility. The price for everything was right where we needed to be and Carrie was always there when I sent 5 emails a day asking a million questions. Thank you!!! Thank you!

Revolution Hall's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review. It was such a pleasure getting to know you and your families.

All the best to you all:)

• Caitlyn
    Caitlyn Married on 12/31/2018

Beautiful venue!

We have been going to Revolution Hall for many events and we knew that this was the place to have our New Year's Eve wedding. Carrie and her staff are simply amazing and make sure that everything is set up the way that you had envisioned it. We had many compliments that the food and the staff were amazing.

Revolution Hall's reply:

Thank for the lovely review Caitlyn. I hope you had a wonderful honeymoon, and I know we will see you soon. It was a pleasure spending New Year's with you!

• Liz
    Liz Married on 12/29/2018

Stunning venue with incredible food and drinks and very amazing staff

Brown's Revolution Hall is truly a magical venue. It is stunningly beautiful and feels inviting and cozy. It provides a unique experience to guests that are not from Troy because it is attached to a brewery that makes some very delicious beers. Carrie, the event coordinator, was PHENOMENAL to work with. She made me feel like I was the only bride she was working with, (when that is not the case at all), and was always prompt, kind, accommodating, and professional. She honestly is an angel! The food was delicious and our guests raved about it for days on end! We also were able to select 7 of the brewery's beers to have on tap and they offer a great wine and liquor selection as well (they even have Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand!!). The venue includes a built-in stage which was amazing because we had a 7-person band. There was also additional seating areas with couches and sofa chairs that were great for taking a break from dancing or catching up with relatives. Additionally, there are 2 hotels withing 2-3 blocks from the venue which made it very convenient for out of town guests. If I could do it all over again, I would chose Rev Hall 1000 times over. It was perfect in every way and our guests were just as impressed as we were. Thank you Carrie, and all of the staff at Revolution Hall, for the most amazing evening my husband and I could have dreamed of!

Liz,

It was such a pleasure getting to know you, Mike and your families and friends. I truly appreciate you taking the time to write this amazing review. All the best and hope to see you again.

• Matt
    Matt Married on 12/08/2018

Professional, easy to work with, and an absolutely gorgeous venue!

Our wedding at Rev Hall was basically perfect. We LOVED working with Carrie and the team there and found them to be, in every case, professional, helpful, kind and full of good advice.

Some Pros of Rev Hall:
    - GREAT food. Please please do a tasting here; you will not be disappointed.
    - Amazing Brown's beer on tap all night
    - The way the venue is laid out is perfect for having your ceremony on site, if you choose; there's a separate space for the cocktail hour
    - Carrie is awesome and helps manage all of the vendors and logistics leading up to and on the day of the wedding
    - Great acoustics; I've been to venues where you can't hear the speeches or anything because of echos and reverb, but Rev Hall didn't have that issue
    - They decorate the place flawlessly and have tons of stuff available for you to use for decorations (or you can bring in your own things)
    - Plenty of space, including an upper level balcony that can be used during the cocktail hour and a patio area you can use if it's nice out
    - There's a stage! We had a DJ, and people ended up dancing on stage during the reception. We also did our ceremony up there. I imagine it would be perfect for a band.
    - They're very thoughtful; when we walked off stage after our ceremony and out the doors, Carrie was waiting for us with our favorite drinks (a Moscow Mule for her, an IPA for me) and ushered us into a private room to take a breath and have a moment to enjoy being married. It was perfect.

Cons of Rev Hall:
    - We only got to have ONE wedding there. Wish we could do this every year!

Revolution Hall's reply:

Matt, Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review. It was a pleasure getting to know you, Kelly and your families. Wishing you a very Happy New Year!

Lenore H. Married on 12/01/2018

Eloquent yet unpretentious wedding venue

The entire experience working with the staff was anything but making our event the most seamless and stress-free experience designed to fit the bridal couple wishes. What resulted was a magical evening with sparkling lights and candles, wonderful food, attentive service all evening that was above all, fun.
    What it wasn’t: too loud to converse, crowded on the dance floor, long lines at the bar, uncomfortably warm, lines for the ladies room, incorrect dinner orders. The evening was not without out unexpected events such as a young man needing an emergency pants repair (he was an aggressive dancer) which were repaired and retuned in no time, and a “party animal” family member who was discretely turned away from the open bar. This resulted in a wonderful, fun evening that friends and relatives together raved about.

Revolution Hall's reply:

Thank you for the lovely message. It was a pleasure getting to know you. Have a wonderful holiday season.

Maureen Married on 11/09/2018

The Perfect Venue

From the minute we stepped into Revolution Hall and met Carrie, we knew it was going to be our wedding venue. You cannot get what you get at Revolution Hall anywhere else–great beer, amazing food, space to seat 175+, rustic decor, talented and friendly staff, and best of all CARRIE! Carrie took every worry and insecurity off our plate and on to hers to make our day flawless (not to mention she ensured we had a drink in our hands and food in our stomachs throughout the night)! We were also fortunate enough to use the Malt Room (also owned by Browns) for our rehearsal dinner and after party and it was absolutely perfect. I can't sing enough praises about Revolution Hall and the amazing people who helped make our day perfect.

Maureen,

Thank you so much for the amazing review! It was such a pleasure getting to know you, Bryan and your families. Wishing you all the very best and hope to see you soon:)

• Samantha
    Samantha M. Married on 10/20/2018

Dream day in an Amazing Venue

My husband and I cannot emphasize enough how much we loved our experience at Revolution Hall. From the first e-mail to Carrie requesting to see the space, to the final days leading up to the wedding, the staff's responsiveness and kindness were always in the foreground. Besides the uniqueness of the space and the quality of the food and location, the beauty of Revolution Hall is that it is such a one-stop-shop for awesomeness: by having your wedding there, you can use their tables/chairs, their linens, order their favors (we had engraved pint glasses made for us), have access to their killer selection of beers, and get to work with an incredible event planner -- Carrie. We would not change a thing about our day. If you're thinking about getting married in Albany/Troy, run and see Revolution Hall. You won't regret it.

Sam,

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to write this lovely review. It was so wonderful meeting and getting to know you, Matt and your family and friends. We know you have so many choices and appreciate you choosing Brown's for your wedding.

All the best to all,

Michaela Married on 08/31/2018
    If you're looking for a unique space and literally the BEST team to help you do so, you have to get married here! Carrie is AMAZING. She answered all of my emails and texts within a few hours, (and my moms, too!) She helped us plan our floor plan out, menu, had a million of our vendors delivering things, made the windows look beautiful, and even provided us with the holders for table numbers (if you're missing those or easels/that type of thing, ask her what's been left behind from previous weddings.) When I stepped into my cocktail hour, it was a little overwhelming, but she came right up to me and my husband and got us what we wanted to drink, and kept bringing them all night! She went above and beyond, and our wedding day was so special. Also-- Revolution Hall-- I'm from Troy, so it didn't occur to me how unique of a space it is. The string lights and wide plank floors and industrial feel is so different and pretty for a wedding. We had (my husband's) family members coming up to us asking "how did you find this place?!" Everyone was raving about the food, too! I'd for sure recommend getting a band-- there's a stage and it just makes for an unforgettable night. You won't regret having your wedding here!
    Kristin Married on 08/17/2018
    Revolution Hall was such a fun and easy place to have a wedding. Carrie was extremely responsive and took care of everything. The waitstaff at the hall were friendly and accommodating, and the hall itself was the perfect place for a fun and more casual-style wedding. The food and beer were delicious and plentiful, and there were so many props and decorations already provided by the hall for free use. I couldn't have asked for a better place to serve as our wedding venue!
    Laura Married on 08/04/2018
    Listen. You want the perfect wedding right? Well I'm not sure you have to look any further. Carrie and Louisa at Revolution Hall were absolutely incredible. They made our lives stress free and catered to our every request. The food? Delicious. The space? Beautiful. The bartenders? Skilled and efficient. The entire process was made so that we had absolutely nothing to worry about the day of our wedding, which went off without a hitch. There really aren't enough kind things we could say about this venue and the people who set up our wedding. So many small touches you'd never think of like giving us flights of beer at our final meeting, or packing up everything so that in the morning pickup of decorations was a breeze. We would would recommend any couple in the Capitol District to have their wedding at Rev. Hall because it simply is just the best.
    Rachel Married on 07/28/2018
    We loved Revolution Hall! Beautiful venue that isn't your typical carpeted, wall-papered ballroom. It's also within walking distance from the Best Western which was recently renovated and there is a Courtyard Marriott opening just a short walk away as well. I can't say enough about Carrie and the Rev Hall staff. They were attentive, efficient, and eager to help. Carrie made the room look beautiful and took care of all of the details so I didn't have to. She was also flexible and easy to work with. The food was really good. Our guests couldn't stop talking about it. As an event planner, I can say it's hard to make 90 filet mignons (plus another 30 meals of chicken, salmon, and risotto) cooked perfectly and Rev Hall makes it look easy. We also used the Malt Room for our rehearsal dinner. Again, everything was perfect and delicious. I'd recommend Revolution Hall to anyone!