Revolution Hall Reviews

Revolution Hall 7
  • Caitlyn

Caitlyn · Married on 12/31/2018

Beautiful venue!

We have been going to Revolution Hall for many events and we knew that this was the place to have our New Year's Eve wedding. Carrie and her staff are simply amazing and make sure that everything is set up the way that you had envisioned it. We had many compliments that the food and the staff were amazing.

Sent on 01/13/2019

Revolution Hall's reply:

Thank for the lovely review Caitlyn. I hope you had a wonderful honeymoon, and I know we will see you soon. It was a pleasure spending New Year's with you!

• Liz

Liz · Married on 12/29/2018

Stunning venue with incredible food and drinks and very amazing staff

Brown's Revolution Hall is truly a magical venue. It is stunningly beautiful and feels inviting and cozy. It provides a unique experience to guests that are not from Troy because it is attached to a brewery that makes some very delicious beers. Carrie, the event coordinator, was PHENOMENAL to work with. She made me feel like I was the only bride she was working with, (when that is not the case at all), and was always prompt, kind, accommodating, and professional. She honestly is an angel! The food was delicious and our guests raved about it for days on end! We also were able to select 7 of the brewery's beers to have on tap and they offer a great wine and liquor selection as well (they even have Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand!!). The venue includes a built-in stage which was amazing because we had a 7-person band. There was also additional seating areas with couches and sofa chairs that were great for taking a break from dancing or catching up with relatives. Additionally, there are 2 hotels withing 2-3 blocks from the venue which made it very convenient for out of town guests. If I could do it all over again, I would chose Rev Hall 1000 times over. It was perfect in every way and our guests were just as impressed as we were. Thank you Carrie, and all of the staff at Revolution Hall, for the most amazing evening my husband and I could have dreamed of!

Sent on 01/06/2019
    Revolution Hall 8
    Revolution Hall 9
    Revolution Hall 10

Liz,

It was such a pleasure getting to know you, Mike and your families and friends. I truly appreciate you taking the time to write this amazing review. All the best and hope to see you again.

• Matt

Matt · Married on 12/08/2018

Professional, easy to work with, and an absolutely gorgeous venue!

Our wedding at Rev Hall was basically perfect. We LOVED working with Carrie and the team there and found them to be, in every case, professional, helpful, kind and full of good advice.

Some Pros of Rev Hall:
    - GREAT food. Please please do a tasting here; you will not be disappointed.
    - Amazing Brown's beer on tap all night
    - The way the venue is laid out is perfect for having your ceremony on site, if you choose; there's a separate space for the cocktail hour
    - Carrie is awesome and helps manage all of the vendors and logistics leading up to and on the day of the wedding
    - Great acoustics; I've been to venues where you can't hear the speeches or anything because of echos and reverb, but Rev Hall didn't have that issue
    - They decorate the place flawlessly and have tons of stuff available for you to use for decorations (or you can bring in your own things)
    - Plenty of space, including an upper level balcony that can be used during the cocktail hour and a patio area you can use if it's nice out
    - There's a stage! We had a DJ, and people ended up dancing on stage during the reception. We also did our ceremony up there. I imagine it would be perfect for a band.
    - They're very thoughtful; when we walked off stage after our ceremony and out the doors, Carrie was waiting for us with our favorite drinks (a Moscow Mule for her, an IPA for me) and ushered us into a private room to take a breath and have a moment to enjoy being married. It was perfect.

Cons of Rev Hall:
    - We only got to have ONE wedding there. Wish we could do this every year!

Sent on 01/02/2019
    Revolution Hall 15
    Revolution Hall 16
    Revolution Hall 17

Revolution Hall's reply:

Matt, Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review. It was a pleasure getting to know you, Kelly and your families. Wishing you a very Happy New Year!

Lenore Horowitz · Married on 12/01/2018

Eloquent yet unpretentious wedding venue

The entire experience working with the staff was anything but making our event the most seamless and stress-free experience designed to fit the bridal couple wishes. What resulted was a magical evening with sparkling lights and candles, wonderful food, attentive service all evening that was above all, fun.
    What it wasn’t: too loud to converse, crowded on the dance floor, long lines at the bar, uncomfortably warm, lines for the ladies room, incorrect dinner orders. The evening was not without out unexpected events such as a young man needing an emergency pants repair (he was an aggressive dancer) which were repaired and retuned in no time, and a “party animal” family member who was discretely turned away from the open bar. This resulted in a wonderful, fun evening that friends and relatives together raved about.

Sent on 12/02/2018

Revolution Hall's reply:

Thank you for the lovely message. It was a pleasure getting to know you. Have a wonderful holiday season.

Maureen · Married on 11/09/2018

The Perfect Venue

From the minute we stepped into Revolution Hall and met Carrie, we knew it was going to be our wedding venue. You cannot get what you get at Revolution Hall anywhere else–great beer, amazing food, space to seat 175+, rustic decor, talented and friendly staff, and best of all CARRIE! Carrie took every worry and insecurity off our plate and on to hers to make our day flawless (not to mention she ensured we had a drink in our hands and food in our stomachs throughout the night)! We were also fortunate enough to use the Malt Room (also owned by Browns) for our rehearsal dinner and after party and it was absolutely perfect. I can't sing enough praises about Revolution Hall and the amazing people who helped make our day perfect.

Sent on 02/11/2019
    Revolution Hall 18
    Revolution Hall 19
    Revolution Hall 20

Maureen,

Thank you so much for the amazing review! It was such a pleasure getting to know you, Bryan and your families. Wishing you all the very best and hope to see you soon:)

• Samantha

Samantha Maurer · Married on 10/20/2018

Dream day in an Amazing Venue

My husband and I cannot emphasize enough how much we loved our experience at Revolution Hall. From the first e-mail to Carrie requesting to see the space, to the final days leading up to the wedding, the staff's responsiveness and kindness were always in the foreground. Besides the uniqueness of the space and the quality of the food and location, the beauty of Revolution Hall is that it is such a one-stop-shop for awesomeness: by having your wedding there, you can use their tables/chairs, their linens, order their favors (we had engraved pint glasses made for us), have access to their killer selection of beers, and get to work with an incredible event planner -- Carrie. We would not change a thing about our day. If you're thinking about getting married in Albany/Troy, run and see Revolution Hall. You won't regret it.

Sent on 01/07/2019
    Revolution Hall 26
    Revolution Hall 27
    Revolution Hall 28

Sam,

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to write this lovely review. It was so wonderful meeting and getting to know you, Matt and your family and friends. We know you have so many choices and appreciate you choosing Brown's for your wedding.

All the best to all,

Michaela · Married on 08/31/2018

If you're looking for a unique space and literally the BEST team to help you do so, you have to get married here! Carrie is AMAZING. She answered all of my emails and texts within a few hours, (and my moms, too!) She helped us plan our floor plan out, menu, had a million of our vendors delivering things, made the windows look beautiful, and even provided us with the holders for table numbers (if you're missing those or easels/that type of thing, ask her what's been left behind from previous weddings.) When I stepped into my cocktail hour, it was a little overwhelming, but she came right up to me and my husband and got us what we wanted to drink, and kept bringing them all night! She went above and beyond, and our wedding day was so special. Also-- Revolution Hall-- I'm from Troy, so it didn't occur to me how unique of a space it is. The string lights and wide plank floors and industrial feel is so different and pretty for a wedding. We had (my husband's) family members coming up to us asking "how did you find this place?!" Everyone was raving about the food, too! I'd for sure recommend getting a band-- there's a stage and it just makes for an unforgettable night. You won't regret having your wedding here!

Sent on 09/14/2018

Kristin · Married on 08/17/2018

Revolution Hall was such a fun and easy place to have a wedding. Carrie was extremely responsive and took care of everything. The waitstaff at the hall were friendly and accommodating, and the hall itself was the perfect place for a fun and more casual-style wedding. The food and beer were delicious and plentiful, and there were so many props and decorations already provided by the hall for free use. I couldn't have asked for a better place to serve as our wedding venue!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Laura · Married on 08/04/2018

Listen. You want the perfect wedding right? Well I'm not sure you have to look any further. Carrie and Louisa at Revolution Hall were absolutely incredible. They made our lives stress free and catered to our every request. The food? Delicious. The space? Beautiful. The bartenders? Skilled and efficient. The entire process was made so that we had absolutely nothing to worry about the day of our wedding, which went off without a hitch. There really aren't enough kind things we could say about this venue and the people who set up our wedding. So many small touches you'd never think of like giving us flights of beer at our final meeting, or packing up everything so that in the morning pickup of decorations was a breeze. We would would recommend any couple in the Capitol District to have their wedding at Rev. Hall because it simply is just the best.

Sent on 08/16/2018

Rachel · Married on 07/28/2018

We loved Revolution Hall! Beautiful venue that isn't your typical carpeted, wall-papered ballroom. It's also within walking distance from the Best Western which was recently renovated and there is a Courtyard Marriott opening just a short walk away as well. I can't say enough about Carrie and the Rev Hall staff. They were attentive, efficient, and eager to help. Carrie made the room look beautiful and took care of all of the details so I didn't have to. She was also flexible and easy to work with. The food was really good. Our guests couldn't stop talking about it. As an event planner, I can say it's hard to make 90 filet mignons (plus another 30 meals of chicken, salmon, and risotto) cooked perfectly and Rev Hall makes it look easy. We also used the Malt Room for our rehearsal dinner. Again, everything was perfect and delicious. I'd recommend Revolution Hall to anyone!

Sent on 07/31/2018

Jackie · Married on 07/07/2018

Rev Hall and Carrie are AMAZING!

We had the most amazing wedding and the most amazing time at our wedding. This was in large part thanks to the great team at Rev Hall. From the very beginning, everyone was so friendly and accommodating- going above and beyond to make our day the best. Importantly, everything was so seamless and easy to plan- planning was entirely stress free. We so appreciated how awesome the staff is at Rev Hall- everyone was great! Carrie is superhuman and the nicest person you will ever meet- she is so on top of every single detail and she helped us with everything from our ceremony to making sure we ate dinner (which was key to us making it to the end of the night!). The food was delicious, the drinks were on point, and the venue looked great. Rev hall was perfect.

Sent on 12/28/2018

Kim · Married on 06/23/2018

We are just coming down from what so many of our friends and family are calling the BEST wedding EVER! Rev Hall is a funky, urban, repurposed waterfront warehouse space, with a beerhall feel, and charm throughout. I am the mother of the bride, and our daughter and now son-in-law had definite thoughts about the look and feel they were trying to achieve for their big day. Carrie Harkin is a gem! She listened to all, and simply made it happen. Where we had question marks she had suggestions. Quick response to all email inquiries. She simply accommodated all our needs, and anticipated the ones we hadn't thought of. Service was smooth, food was very good. We enjoyed the bonus of the outdoor terrace to cool off from dancing! There is not a negative thing any of us could say about our experience. Thank you to Carrie and her staff!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Bridget · Married on 05/19/2018

I can't say enough how perfect my wedding was and it was all thanks to Carrie and the staff at Revolution Hall. The space is great! it's such a cool spot. More importantly though, Carrie goes above and beyond to assist with the planning and coordination. I did not have a single worry leading up to or on the day of my wedding because I knew everything was very well planned and if anything came up- it was handled by Carrie. Every time I had a question, no matter how simple or complex I would email Carrie and get a response very quickly, always in the same day, usually right away. I can't say enough how great the wedding was and how much Carrie and the staff at Revolution Hall did for me and my husband! It was perfect!

Sent on 05/30/2018

Sara · Married on 03/30/2018

Carrie was absolutely amazing. She made everything so easy for me. Meg was also great! Whenever I needed anything, she was right there to get it done! Highly recommended

Sent on 04/03/2018

Alicia · Married on 01/14/2018

My husband and I had an amazing wedding experience at Revolution Hall. Carrie and her staff were awesome. The venue itself fit our personality perfectly. No other place came close! All of our guests raved amout the food - the filet was to die for! I am so happy with how our day turned out :) THANKS AGAIN REV HALL!

Sent on 01/27/2018
    Revolution Hall 29
    Revolution Hall 30

Ja · Married on 12/31/2017

We fell in love with the venue as soon as we step foot in. We loved the multi-level aspect of the building and there were so many places to get awesome pictures. Carrie was also great! She has a lot of experiences with weddings and she very responsive. She helped create the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 04/28/2018
    Revolution Hall 31
    Revolution Hall 32
    Revolution Hall 33
    Revolution Hall 34

Julia · Married on 12/02/2017

In addition to being a beautiful and welcoming venue, Carrie and the staff at Revolution Hall are simply amazing! Throughout the whole process Carrie was on top of every detail, making sure things were as easy as possible for us. It was truly a pleasure working with her. The venue itself is rustic and versatile, with lots of space for dancing and a perfect stage for our live band. Our guests had an absolutely wonderful time, the food was delicious, and the bartenders were on top of their game! We could not recommend Revolution Hall more!!

Sent on 12/23/2017

Lisa · Married on 11/10/2017

Carrie and her staff at Revolution Hall couldn't have been more professional and accomodating for our daughter's wedding. They went above and beyond in every area. They made everything go so smoothly from start to finish.They even finished decorating the stair rail when I didn't have time to finish it myself.
    Thank you all so much for everything!!!!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Becky · Married on 10/14/2017

Before we even got engaged, I already had my mind made up to get married at Revolution Hall. Two weeks after he proposed, we visited Rev Hall with my parents and we all loved it. From the start, Carrie was super helpful. She knows what she's doing and she's good at it!! She met with us several times and answered several emails to make sure everything would be perfect. Our wedding day went so smoothly! Everything was set up just how we wanted it, the food was delicious, and the staff was awesome! Not one unhappy guest! If you're looking for a more unique wedding venue, book Rev Hall, and book early!!!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Michael Barkley · Married on 09/08/2017

Revolution Hall

Carrie was an amazing wedding planner. She was in constant contact with my wife and I. Always very quick to respond and helped with all of our additional accommodations. She and all the staff were great from the moment we visited the venue up until the day of the wedding and all throughout. 11/10 highly recommend

Sent on 10/24/2018

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/02/2017

We couldn't have picked a more perfect place to celebrate the start of our married life together with all of our friends and family! From our initial emailing with Carrie through to the morning of detail text messages- Carrie was an absolute pleasure to work with. We felt so comfortable leaving her (and her fabulous staff- thanks Meg and all of the others!) in charge of our big day.
    The venue is beautiful, the food was delicious and the staff was more attentive than I could have ever imagined!

Sent on 09/15/2017

Paige · Married on 09/01/2017

Carrie and the staff at Revolution Hall were the best! Everything was set up perfectly. The food was phenomenal and they managed to serve everyone quick and while the meals were hot. The food, the beer, the atmosphere was excellent. We got so many compliments on our choice of venue and how unique it was. Carrie was always so quick to respond to any messages and worked with us on everything. Booking at Revolution Hall was the best decision we ever made.

Sent on 09/24/2017

Kelli · Married on 06/03/2017

From the day we looked at the venue to the night of our wedding it was a pleasure working with Carrie. She helped us every with all of the little details and made our wedding night empty is stress and full of fun. The staff was attentive and the food was delicious. The space is beautiful and perfect for an intimate, comfortable wedding. My guests had a blast!

Sent on 06/04/2017

Aja · Married on 05/27/2017

Carrie and her staff at Rev Hall are literally the best. I can't imagine having spent our special day at any other location. I probably sent Carrie 5,000 emails and every single time she effortlessly found a way to put me at ease. What a dream to work with! Our guest could not stop raving about how good the food was, how attentive the staff were, and how Rev Hall manages to perfectly nail the industrial rustic elegant setting. Literal perfection and I look forward to finding an excuse to throw another event at Brown's Rev Hall. Absolutely amazing!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Meghan · Married on 03/11/2017

Brown's did an amazing job for our wedding. Starting with Carrie handling everything so the ceremony and reception went off without a hitch to the rustic atmosphere that Revolution Hall provided. The food was delicious and the wedding party was taken care from the second we walked into the door to the second we left. I would definitely recommend this place for anyone looking to get married in a relaxed atmosphere with delicious food and brews

Sent on 04/16/2017