Revolution Hall Reviews

Revolution Hall 5
Revolution Hall 6
Revolution Hall 7

Lenore Horowitz · Married on 12/01/2018

Eloquent yet unpretentious wedding venue

The entire experience working with the staff was anything but making our event the most seamless and stress-free experience designed to fit the bridal couple wishes. What resulted was a magical evening with sparkling lights and candles, wonderful food, attentive service all evening that was above all, fun.
    What it wasn’t: too loud to converse, crowded on the dance floor, long lines at the bar, uncomfortably warm, lines for the ladies room, incorrect dinner orders. The evening was not without out unexpected events such as a young man needing an emergency pants repair (he was an aggressive dancer) which were repaired and retuned in no time, and a “party animal” family member who was discretely turned away from the open bar. This resulted in a wonderful, fun evening that friends and relatives together raved about.

Michaela · Married on 08/31/2018

If you're looking for a unique space and literally the BEST team to help you do so, you have to get married here! Carrie is AMAZING. She answered all of my emails and texts within a few hours, (and my moms, too!) She helped us plan our floor plan out, menu, had a million of our vendors delivering things, made the windows look beautiful, and even provided us with the holders for table numbers (if you're missing those or easels/that type of thing, ask her what's been left behind from previous weddings.) When I stepped into my cocktail hour, it was a little overwhelming, but she came right up to me and my husband and got us what we wanted to drink, and kept bringing them all night! She went above and beyond, and our wedding day was so special. Also-- Revolution Hall-- I'm from Troy, so it didn't occur to me how unique of a space it is. The string lights and wide plank floors and industrial feel is so different and pretty for a wedding. We had (my husband's) family members coming up to us asking "how did you find this place?!" Everyone was raving about the food, too! I'd for sure recommend getting a band-- there's a stage and it just makes for an unforgettable night. You won't regret having your wedding here!

Kristin · Married on 08/17/2018

Revolution Hall was such a fun and easy place to have a wedding. Carrie was extremely responsive and took care of everything. The waitstaff at the hall were friendly and accommodating, and the hall itself was the perfect place for a fun and more casual-style wedding. The food and beer were delicious and plentiful, and there were so many props and decorations already provided by the hall for free use. I couldn't have asked for a better place to serve as our wedding venue!

Laura · Married on 08/04/2018

Listen. You want the perfect wedding right? Well I'm not sure you have to look any further. Carrie and Louisa at Revolution Hall were absolutely incredible. They made our lives stress free and catered to our every request. The food? Delicious. The space? Beautiful. The bartenders? Skilled and efficient. The entire process was made so that we had absolutely nothing to worry about the day of our wedding, which went off without a hitch. There really aren't enough kind things we could say about this venue and the people who set up our wedding. So many small touches you'd never think of like giving us flights of beer at our final meeting, or packing up everything so that in the morning pickup of decorations was a breeze. We would would recommend any couple in the Capitol District to have their wedding at Rev. Hall because it simply is just the best.

Rachel · Married on 07/28/2018

We loved Revolution Hall! Beautiful venue that isn't your typical carpeted, wall-papered ballroom. It's also within walking distance from the Best Western which was recently renovated and there is a Courtyard Marriott opening just a short walk away as well. I can't say enough about Carrie and the Rev Hall staff. They were attentive, efficient, and eager to help. Carrie made the room look beautiful and took care of all of the details so I didn't have to. She was also flexible and easy to work with. The food was really good. Our guests couldn't stop talking about it. As an event planner, I can say it's hard to make 90 filet mignons (plus another 30 meals of chicken, salmon, and risotto) cooked perfectly and Rev Hall makes it look easy. We also used the Malt Room for our rehearsal dinner. Again, everything was perfect and delicious. I'd recommend Revolution Hall to anyone!

Kim · Married on 06/23/2018

We are just coming down from what so many of our friends and family are calling the BEST wedding EVER! Rev Hall is a funky, urban, repurposed waterfront warehouse space, with a beerhall feel, and charm throughout. I am the mother of the bride, and our daughter and now son-in-law had definite thoughts about the look and feel they were trying to achieve for their big day. Carrie Harkin is a gem! She listened to all, and simply made it happen. Where we had question marks she had suggestions. Quick response to all email inquiries. She simply accommodated all our needs, and anticipated the ones we hadn't thought of. Service was smooth, food was very good. We enjoyed the bonus of the outdoor terrace to cool off from dancing! There is not a negative thing any of us could say about our experience. Thank you to Carrie and her staff!

Bridget · Married on 05/19/2018

I can't say enough how perfect my wedding was and it was all thanks to Carrie and the staff at Revolution Hall. The space is great! it's such a cool spot. More importantly though, Carrie goes above and beyond to assist with the planning and coordination. I did not have a single worry leading up to or on the day of my wedding because I knew everything was very well planned and if anything came up- it was handled by Carrie. Every time I had a question, no matter how simple or complex I would email Carrie and get a response very quickly, always in the same day, usually right away. I can't say enough how great the wedding was and how much Carrie and the staff at Revolution Hall did for me and my husband! It was perfect!

Sara · Married on 03/30/2018

Carrie was absolutely amazing. She made everything so easy for me. Meg was also great! Whenever I needed anything, she was right there to get it done! Highly recommended

Alicia · Married on 01/14/2018

My husband and I had an amazing wedding experience at Revolution Hall. Carrie and her staff were awesome. The venue itself fit our personality perfectly. No other place came close! All of our guests raved amout the food - the filet was to die for! I am so happy with how our day turned out :) THANKS AGAIN REV HALL!

Revolution Hall 8
    Revolution Hall 9

Ja · Married on 12/31/2017

We fell in love with the venue as soon as we step foot in. We loved the multi-level aspect of the building and there were so many places to get awesome pictures. Carrie was also great! She has a lot of experiences with weddings and she very responsive. She helped create the wedding of our dreams!

Revolution Hall 10
    Revolution Hall 11
    Revolution Hall 12
    Revolution Hall 13

Julia · Married on 12/02/2017

In addition to being a beautiful and welcoming venue, Carrie and the staff at Revolution Hall are simply amazing! Throughout the whole process Carrie was on top of every detail, making sure things were as easy as possible for us. It was truly a pleasure working with her. The venue itself is rustic and versatile, with lots of space for dancing and a perfect stage for our live band. Our guests had an absolutely wonderful time, the food was delicious, and the bartenders were on top of their game! We could not recommend Revolution Hall more!!

Lisa · Married on 11/10/2017

Carrie and her staff at Revolution Hall couldn't have been more professional and accomodating for our daughter's wedding. They went above and beyond in every area. They made everything go so smoothly from start to finish.They even finished decorating the stair rail when I didn't have time to finish it myself.
    Thank you all so much for everything!!!!

Becky · Married on 10/14/2017

Before we even got engaged, I already had my mind made up to get married at Revolution Hall. Two weeks after he proposed, we visited Rev Hall with my parents and we all loved it. From the start, Carrie was super helpful. She knows what she's doing and she's good at it!! She met with us several times and answered several emails to make sure everything would be perfect. Our wedding day went so smoothly! Everything was set up just how we wanted it, the food was delicious, and the staff was awesome! Not one unhappy guest! If you're looking for a more unique wedding venue, book Rev Hall, and book early!!!

Michael Barkley · Married on 09/08/2017

Revolution Hall

Carrie was an amazing wedding planner. She was in constant contact with my wife and I. Always very quick to respond and helped with all of our additional accommodations. She and all the staff were great from the moment we visited the venue up until the day of the wedding and all throughout. 11/10 highly recommend

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/02/2017

We couldn't have picked a more perfect place to celebrate the start of our married life together with all of our friends and family! From our initial emailing with Carrie through to the morning of detail text messages- Carrie was an absolute pleasure to work with. We felt so comfortable leaving her (and her fabulous staff- thanks Meg and all of the others!) in charge of our big day.
    The venue is beautiful, the food was delicious and the staff was more attentive than I could have ever imagined!

Paige · Married on 09/01/2017

Carrie and the staff at Revolution Hall were the best! Everything was set up perfectly. The food was phenomenal and they managed to serve everyone quick and while the meals were hot. The food, the beer, the atmosphere was excellent. We got so many compliments on our choice of venue and how unique it was. Carrie was always so quick to respond to any messages and worked with us on everything. Booking at Revolution Hall was the best decision we ever made.

Kelli · Married on 06/03/2017

From the day we looked at the venue to the night of our wedding it was a pleasure working with Carrie. She helped us every with all of the little details and made our wedding night empty is stress and full of fun. The staff was attentive and the food was delicious. The space is beautiful and perfect for an intimate, comfortable wedding. My guests had a blast!

Aja · Married on 05/27/2017

Carrie and her staff at Rev Hall are literally the best. I can't imagine having spent our special day at any other location. I probably sent Carrie 5,000 emails and every single time she effortlessly found a way to put me at ease. What a dream to work with! Our guest could not stop raving about how good the food was, how attentive the staff were, and how Rev Hall manages to perfectly nail the industrial rustic elegant setting. Literal perfection and I look forward to finding an excuse to throw another event at Brown's Rev Hall. Absolutely amazing!

Meghan · Married on 03/11/2017

Brown's did an amazing job for our wedding. Starting with Carrie handling everything so the ceremony and reception went off without a hitch to the rustic atmosphere that Revolution Hall provided. The food was delicious and the wedding party was taken care from the second we walked into the door to the second we left. I would definitely recommend this place for anyone looking to get married in a relaxed atmosphere with delicious food and brews

K · Married on 09/03/2016

We had our ceremony and reception at Revolution Hall! It was AMAZING!!! The venue is unique and funky! Carrie is incredible every step of the way! Carrie and her staff made our day perfect!! The food is amazing and the set up is beyond cool!
    We just love Browns and Revolution Hall!!!
    :) <3
    I am SO grateful to Carrie and couldn't be happier to have had our wedding at Rev Hall!!!

Stephanie · Married on 08/05/2016

I can not say enough wonderful things about Revolution Hall, Carrie, and her staff. Carrie was more than accommodating and would meet with us or let us see the place before our wedding whenever. I seriously think I had emailed her 5 times day for the year leading up to our wedding. There was an event the day before our wedding, so I had dropped off about 10 bins of items to be placed around the venue. I had an idea in my head what I wanted it to look like but upon arrival of our reception it was BEYOND! I cried at how beautiful the space looked. Her and her staff not only made sure my husband and I always had a drink but would ask our entire wedding party and both sets of parents as well throughout the night, I also have a 2 year old who was trying to sleep and Carrie informed me of the room upstairs if he needed the quiet. I almost forgot about the food!. My husband and I have been to 32 weddings since weve met, this food by far was the best. We have some critical guests and they all are still talking about how perfect the steak was cooked and how delicious the salad dressing was! THANK YOU THANK YOU Carrie! I already feel lost not speaking with you on a daily basis

Amanda · Married on 07/23/2016

There are not enough good words to say about Revolution Hall! From day one of our planning process to the last minutes of our special day Carrie and her AMAZING staff were just perfect in every way! Our wedding was stress free because of their help! Our guests raved about the food and the happy fantastic bar tenders made everyone feel welcome and special (and no one was ever waiting for a drink). We did not want the day to end, and a lot of that is because of all the help and attention we received from Carrie and her staff. The entire experience was stress free and AMAZING!
    If you are looking for a venue that will be unforgettable for you and your guests Revolution Hall is the place to go!

Kimberly · Married on 07/09/2016

We got married on July 9, 2016 at Revolution Hall and we could not have been happier with it!

Carrie at Brown's is one of the sweetest people you could ever meet! When we went to look at the venue we knew the space was exactly what we wanted for our special day! It was like Carrie was available 24/7! When we had a question, we would email Carrie and she would get back to us immediately! We were never left in the dark with anything. When we met with Carrie the day before our wedding, we were still even able to make small changes and Carrie was happy to help us out! We could not have asked for someone better to work with!

Revolution Hall is such a unique venue that all our guests had such a great time! We were able to choose what beer we wanted on tap for our guests to drink along with having a beer toast (instead of champagne)! All the food was cooked exactly like we had at our tasting, and it stayed hot throughout the night! The venue itself is so picturesque, we really did not have to add many other decorations! Revolution Hall actually asked to keep some of the decorations we did make ourselves which was such a huge compliment to us!

The staff at Revolution Hall also went well above and beyond for us and our guests! The bartenders were on point; there was never a line the bar and the guests always had a drink in their hand. The staff was also always finding my husband and I to make sure we had everything that we needed. It felt like I had a personal wait staff just for me. I cannot thank Carrie and the staff at Brown's Revolution Hall enough for helping me have the best night of my life!

• Nicole

Nicole · Married on 05/27/2016

We got married at Revolution Hall on 5/27/16 and it could not have been more perfect. In fact we want to do it all over again!

From the first moment we walked into Revolution Hall and were greeted by Carrie Harkin we were overly impressed. She is personable, positive, knowledgeable, helpful and tasteful. The entire experience with Carrie and her team convinced us they truly strived to make our wedding day the most magical event customized to meet our needs. She was exceptionally accommodating with all of our wants and needs. We met with Carrie multiple times and she answered every question with a level of knowledge and problem solving that comes with a deep level of experience in the business. Carrie was a saint in every way from day one up to our wedding day, walking us through every detail and delivering above and beyond. She proved to be at our beckon call and brought us a special plate of appetizers for us during the cocktail hour and again before we ate dinner! The food was to die for! Everyone raved about how delicious and perfectly cooked everything was. Carrie is so much an angel that she and Louisa (who is incredibly sweet and helpful) assisted the Maid of Honor bustle the wedding gown for a solid 20 minutes!

Revolution Hall is extremely photogenic and our photographer loved every inch of it! In addition to the venue itself we got some awesome photos in The Malt Room. This is a bar located in the basement that is accented with original 19th century infrastructure and a copper topped bar made from Brown’s Whiskey Porter aging barrels. There are original steel forged barley sculptured glass top tables that complement the dark exposed beam and weathered brick interior. We spent some quality time here prior to the ceremony which was intimate because it does not open to the public until 5pm.

There is no question in our minds and our guests that this is the place to create a lifetime of amazing memories, thanks to these great people!

Carrie and the entire staff at Revolution Hall made our wedding even more amazing than we could have ever imagined. This was the very first venue we looked at - we only looked at one other, because we just knew Revolution Hall was perfect for us and nothing else would compare. Carrie was so easy to work with and responded to all of our questions and inquiries immediately. She offered ideas and things we would never have thought of and it all worked out perfectly. All of our guests enjoyed themselves, the food, of course the amazing beer, and continue to tell us how kind the staff was.
    We are from Vermont and to be able to only make a couple visits and still not worry about missing something says a lot about Carrie and her staff. We just knew everything was taken care of and that it would all go off seamlessly, which of course it did. To top it all off, the affordability of the venue just added another level of amazing to our experience. Some people may be concerned with the level of service you would receive for such an affordable cost of the venue, food, etc - but you can tell Revolution Hall makes sure their staff stays professional, available and still has fun. We did not meet one staff member we didn't like. Everyone was so kind, supportive and you could tell they were enjoying what they were doing. We will be recommending Carrie and Revolution Hall to anyone looking for a venue (even if they are from Vermont). It's well worth the trip. Thank you, a million times over to Carrie and her team for making our wedding so memorable.