Revival Photography Reviews

68 | Stony Point, NC

68 Reviews for Revival Photography

Carroll · Married on 11/29/2018

We met these wonderful young people in Blowing Rock this week. What a breath of fresh air they were. If you have a need for a professional photography? Please contact them. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/19/2018

Revival Photography's reply:

What a wonderful surprise to see this from you guys! Thank you so much for leaving us a review on here! We enjoyed talking with you both, let's keep in touch!

Taylor · Married on 07/14/2018

Beautiful photographs, wonderful people

Revival's husband and wife team, Heather and Jason, were an absolute dream to work with. From the beautiful photographs of our rehearsal dinner, to all of the detail shots of our very special venue (a family property), to the formal church photographs and very informal, fun dance photos at the end of the night, everything about our day was captured beautifully by Heather and Jason. They are down to earth, incredibly kind people who immediately recognized my vision for the day and perfectly captured the feel of it all, from traditional to small moments and details that I didn't have time to stop and see myself. My husband was not looking forward to posed photos but they made the entire thing painless and easy, fitting into the group seamlessly. They also took some fantastic overhead photos with their drone, which was an incredible bonus surprise - to see our mountaintop family venue tucked in the glory of the Blue Ridge Mountains. They worked tirelessly on our day, got our preview out the Monday after (!!), and made the entire online viewer process super easy to use and share. We are indescribably grateful to have these amazing memories preserved forever. Thank you, Heather and Jason!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Revival Photography's reply:

Taylor! Thank you so much from our very full hearts! :) We so appreciate you taking the time to send us a review. It was absolutely wonderful getting to work with you both and your lovely families. Such a joy. We're very thankful and grateful.

Adelyn · Married on 12/12/2017

Jason and Heather are great! They made our snowy photo shoot so fun, and we have had so many compliments on the pictures already.

Revival Photography's reply:

You guys are the sweetest! We had such a wonderful time working with you! Thank you so much!

Betsabe · Married on 10/14/2017

As a vendor it was a pleasure working with them. Their work is beautiful and have been responsive to my messages. Would highly recommend them for any special event!

Revival Photography's reply:

Thank you guys so much for taking the time to send a review! We had a blast working with you!

Glenn · Married on 09/24/2017

There work is amazing. You don't even see them yet they capture the best images. I highly recommend them. They will make you feel like family. The best is all I can say

Revival Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Glenn! We so appreciate the review!

Katherien · Married on 09/23/2017

Heather and Jason have been a dream to work with so far! They have been very responsive and flexible! We will be sure to write another review after our wedding, but already we are so pleased! Plus, their photos are GORGEOUS!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Thank you guys so much!! <3

Carol · Married on 05/28/2017

There are many photographers out there but only a handful are actually photography artist. Heather & Jason are a beautiful example of photographers who are also artist. I have seen a lot of their work and was THRILLED when my son and fiancé, now wife, choose Revival for their wedding. The day was perfect and we have Heather and Jason to thank for capturing it all. And might I add, they are wonderful & beautiful people inside and out.

Sent on 06/14/2017

Revival Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Carol! What an incredible honor to work with you all! Such a blessing! Thank you for the review, we appreciate it more than you know!

Kathryn · Married on 03/04/2017

Heather + Jason are an amazing team of highly talented photographers and we loved working with them on our wedding day! It is clear that they really enjoy their work, and their positive attitudes and clear directions made getting all of our photos taken a breeze. We are in LOVE with all of our photos and appreciate how the photos really capture the action and motion of the events. Revival was a dream to work with and the results are better than we could have ever imagined!

Sent on 04/02/2017

Revival Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Kathryn! We so appreciate you taking the time to send us a review! So kind and thoughtful! You're the best! <3
  • User6780074 · 1+ year ago

Heather and Jason did the photography for my daughters wedding. They were very accommodating when we changed the venue. They were willing to travel to the new venue. Very professional and creative. The pictures are beautiful!

Revival Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! We loved working with you guys, so glad you love the photos! Thank you so much for taking the time to send us a review!

Jeremiah & Katie · Married on 10/17/2016

Working with Heather and Jason Barr of Revival Photography was a joy from beginning to end. My wife met with them during the planning stages for our wedding and was invited to dinner to sit down and personally discuss every aspect of our vision for the wedding. They communicated with us consistently throughout the planning process, coordinated with the venue, and were completely flexible to our scheduling needs. On the day of the wedding Jason and Heather arrived as scheduled and split up to take pictures with the bridal party and groomsmen as they prepared for the big event. Jason was instantly at ease with the groomsmen and was soon joking along with us and taking many candid photos. Heather hung out with the bridal party and went right to work organically capturing the beautiful moments that arise when a bride prepares for her big day. Both Heather and Jason were professional ninjas, weaving in and out of the crowd with their hands always ready over their camera holsters, occasionally taking myself or my wife aside and giving input or asking questions so that they could better do their jobs and it shows in the pictures. Once the ceremony kicked off they really went into ninja mode. We never knew they were there. Later, while reviewing the pictures, my wife and I both found ourselves asking how they got this or that picture, because we never saw them, but they were there to capture every last gesture, expression and unexpected moment. They worked to immortalize our special day and far exceeded any expectation we might have had. When we received our pictures, the process of reviewing them brought all the emotions rushing back, which is exactly what you want with wedding photos. We could not have been more pleased with our experience with Revival Photography, we highly recommend them for any event or photography need anyone might have.

Sent on 12/07/2016

Revival Photography's reply:

Wow. We are speechless. You guys. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this up! We appreciate you and we've loved working with you both so much! :) <3 Thank you!!!

Ashley · Married on 06/18/2016

Heather and Jason of Revival Photography are absolutely amazing in all definitions of the term. They are so talented at what they do and provide such a unique take which lends itself to the most gorgeous photos and memories you can imagine! I had never thought about how important it could be to have two photographers for a wedding, but I am SO glad we did! Heather was able to take pictures with the ladies and Jason with the men during pre-ceremony festivities. When my husband I were looking through our highly anticipated photos, we noticed how skilled they are and how well they work as a team (they probably communicate subconsciously, being hubby and wife!) because you only see one of them in a photo if it was on purpose. They put a personalized touch on everything they do that makes you feel special and I believe this, on top of their pure talent, is why they are so great at what they do! I would not even remotely hesitate to recommend them time and time again to anyone and everyone, and I know that 100% of the time, you will get exactly what you're dreaming of!

Sent on 08/24/2016

Revival Photography's reply:

You guys - we are so thankful to be able to work with couples like you! Thank you so much for the review! We appreciate it so much! :) <3 :)

Kathryn · Married on 02/10/2016

Heather and Jason are AWESOME!. I had no idea how I could be a bride and still "look natural", but Heather and Jason were so fun and comfortable (while also professional and efficient), they knew how to make Mark and I lose ourselves in the moment - and just be ourselves. Jason and Heather captured the excitement and romance of the day - the smallest details and the beautiful surroundings that helped make our day so special. The resulting photographers are amazing and I can't recommend this talented, fun and wonderful young couple enough!

Sent on 04/01/2016

Revival Photography's reply:

Hello Kathryn + Mark! Thank you so, so much for leaving us a review! It means more than you know and we really appreciate it! Absolutely loved working with you guys and getting to know you. Thank you for being such wonderful folks to work with! Take care! Let's keep in touch! :)

Saryn · Married on 12/18/2015

First things first--Heather and Jason are truly AMAZING photographers and people, and if you’re here reading reviews while trying to decide whether to have them capture your wedding, you should stop right now and book them already! :) I truly don’t have anything but the HIGHEST praise for their work, and I feel so incredibly fortunate that they were there with my husband and me to capture our special day last month. To me, hiring the right photographers was one of the most important aspects of planning our wedding, as I wanted photos that our family could treasure for years. Heather and Jason truly delivered on my expectations and then exceeded them greatly, and I would absolutely recommend them to anyone!

There are "good" photos, and then there are amazing photos that tell a story. The pictures that Heather and Jason took of us, our friends, and our family tell the story of the way our wedding unfolded in the most BEAUTIFUL way--it’s like they took my vision, the details of our wedding, and the happiness and love from our day and were able to portray all of those things in their photos. My wedding was in December, and Heather and Jason had my photos back to me extremely fast--I had well over 1000 stunning photos in my hands within a few short weeks! I still look through them daily, and it is almost impossible to even narrow them down to my top 50 favorites. They are all just that amazing! Heather and Jason have such an awesome eye for detail, and they can genuinely put anyone at ease in photos. It was FREEZING on our wedding day, but we don’t look cold or uncomfortable in a single picture! They also have amazing ideas for poses that don’t look unnatural whatsoever, and everyone in our wedding looks relaxed and joyful in each of our photos. We have received numerous compliments on both our wedding photos and my bridal portraits from others, and I always love telling people about how we are so appreciative of Heather and Jason!

Sent on 01/22/2016

Revival Photography's reply:

Guys - you have no idea how much this means to us! We have had THE most wonderful time working with you and your families. From the very beginning of the process we could tell that you guys were special and unique and your wedding would be amazing! We're so blessed to have had this opportunity to work with you and get to know you! I look forward to keeping in touch! :) We wish you blessings in your marriage! <3

Anna · Married on 12/15/2015

Cannot say enough good things about Revival Photography. The attention to detail, the thought and inspiration behind every shoot, and just all around the type of folks you want to do business with. Trustworthy, professional, and incredibly talented. If you've been looking for a photographer... stop looking. Just go ahead and call these guys. They're the BEST!

Revival Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Anna! We so appreciate the review!

Erica · Married on 11/08/2015

Heather was amazing! I would recommend Revial photography to anyone. She was very professional, patient, easy to work with. She was open to all the ideas we had. Helped us determine the best places for lighting, color etc. Our photos are very impressive, very high quality. They shipped us our USB in professional little boxes with a few prints.

They are just the best!!!!

Sent on 12/21/2015

Revival Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Erica! I enjoyed working with you guys! I'm so glad you love the photos! :)

Troy · Married on 07/25/2015

Heather and Jason were so easy going and taylored the day to our needs. They made taking photos a pleasant experience, especially for me since I don't like to take pictures. They did exactly what we wanted and captured every special moment of our day! The photo album they put together was nothing shy of spectacular. I needed lots of assistance and of course I got it! Great people to work with.

Sent on 09/29/2015

Revival Photography's reply:

Thanks so much, guys! We are so happy that we were able to work with you guys and that you had a great experience! We hope you enjoy your album and photos for many, many years to come! :)

Leigh · Married on 06/22/2015

They were great! My husband and I eloped to the mountains and the photos they took for us gave us a chance to share our day with our friends and family when we came home. They took amazing photos and really captured how we felt for each other. They were accommodating and I liked that they did a survey to get to know us some before doing our event. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Revival Photography's reply:

Hey guys! Thank you so much for taking the time to send us some kind words! Hope you both are doing well! :)

Jen · Married on 06/07/2015

Heather and Jason are a amazing photography team. They are down to earth and easy to talk with about prior to the date. They are super organized and plan out all of the shots that I wanted and didn't even realize that I wanted. We trusted that they would capture our wedding better than we could ever imagine and they did. I am so happy that they were available for our day. They know what they are doing.

Sent on 08/03/2015

Revival Photography's reply:

Thank you, Jen! I'm so glad you guys had a wonderful wedding day! Loved working with you guys! <3

Audrey · Married on 05/30/2015

I just can't say enough great things about Revival Photography! They came highly recommended from the start of our wedding planning process and I could tell they would be the perfect photographers from their work alone, but when I met Heather and Jason it absolutely sealed the deal! They are such wonderful,talented people and they truly go above and beyond to exceed expectations. They listened and delivered on every idea I shared, and they came up with so many creative and special ways to capture our wedding moments. We loved Revival so much that we used them for engagement photos and a bridal session in addition to full day wedding photography and it was worth every penny and so much more! I have already received SO many compliments on our photos and I couldn't be happier with how they captured the essence of our wedding and brought it to life. Their responsiveness to messages was incredible and they made my husband and I feel so relaxed and comfortable through the entire process. They took time to get to know us and our families, and they worked tirelessly to give us exactly what we were looking for rather than trying to fit us into a certain mold or style. It was an absolute pleasure and honor to work with Heather and Jason and no matter the occasion I would recommend Revival Photography every time.

Sent on 09/21/2015

Revival Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Audrey + Joe! You both have been such a joy to work with! What a beautiful love you have, so thankful to know you and your families! <3 <3 <3

Katie · Married on 05/23/2015

Heather and Jason were fantastic to work with from start to finish! They took photos for our engagement session and wedding ceremony and reception. They are super laid back and were able to make this shy couple feel as comfortable as possible in front of the camera. I was so impressed with their professionalism, willingness to be super responsive and totally AMAZING photographs. They were able to capture moments in time that are so special to us and that we will now be able to remember always. Our wedding day was a bit of a blur, but we now have images of those special looks, hugs, kisses and smiles of us and our family and friends that are priceless. Their attention to detail far exceeded our expectations and they take such pride in what they do. Heather and Jason will always hold a dear place in my heart to have traveled this journey with us and providing us with such fantastic images to relive and remember our most special day anytime we want!

Sent on 07/20/2015

Revival Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Katie! We have so enjoyed getting to know you guys! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your day! :)

Claire · Married on 05/16/2015

Heather and Jason are absolutely the best one can ask for in wedding photography. Their work is extraordinary ! Our entire bridal party and family felt so at ease and had such a wonderful day ! They will make your wedding day look incredible- and they are amazing to work with !

Sent on 09/09/2015

Revival Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Claire!! We adore you guys, had the most wonderful time getting to know you and your family!

Aimee · Married on 04/08/2015

Heather is absolutely a class act!! From the moment we decided we needed her services to this moment she had been spot on!! From the beginning she listened to what we wanted to capture in our wedding photos and then she delivered 100%!! When we saw our pictures for the first time we were blown away. Then when we received our thumb drive in the mail we got so much more than we expected!! Heather was so easy to work with and she made our day that much more special!

Sent on 05/14/2015

Revival Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, guys! I really had such a wonderful time working with you! It was a blast! :) Thanks for leaving me a review! <3 <3 <3

Angela · Married on 03/08/2015

If you haven't found a photographer to capture your special day look no further we highly recommend Revival Photography! Heather Ruff Barr and her husband Jason were so much fun to work with. They are the sweetest couple. We have never been comfortable with someone else taking our picture. We freeze up and start feeling anxious because we're not in control. Their sweet personalities immediately put us at ease. Turns out EVERY picture turned out amazing and we didn't have a nervous faces LOL Thank you Heather and Jason for capturing our day and thank you for being a part of our special day ♥

Sent on 04/22/2015

Revival Photography's reply:

We are so happy that you guys had a great experience!! We absolutely loved working with you guys! Thank you so much for leaving us a review, Angela!! <3

April · Married on 01/04/2015

Heather did our small winter wedding at the Mast Farm Inn. She was a pleasure to work with. Very professional, reliable, and responsive. You can tell that she truly loves what she does and wants to make sure she delivers high quality photography. She also very much cares that the client is 100% happy with her services. I would recommend Revival Photography to all of my friends and family. We are very happy with the end product. She captured our special day perfectly and I know we will cherish the images for many many years to come.

Sent on 01/14/2015

Revival Photography's reply:

Thank you, April!! I enjoyed being there with you all <3 Thank you for the review! :)

Kailey · Married on 11/16/2014

Revival Photography is absolutely wonderful. Their work is beautiful and Heather did a fantastic job with everything. She was very fun to work with and very flexible and got perfect pictures of everyone even though it got quite cold out which always makes things more difficult to do since you get distracted by the cold. She also has a fantastic eye for photography and got some shots that are down right astounding. We couldn't be happier with our wedding pictures and will probably use them again for our next big family event such as for Family pictures when we get around to having a baby. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 12/06/2014

Revival Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Kailey! I really appreciate you taking the time to send a review! :) So happy that you guys love the photos! (Yes, it was cold, I am so glad you had your lovely wedding cape!! ;) xoxo Heather