Reverend Timothy Mills Reviews

51 | Pinole, CA

51 Reviews for Reverend Timothy Mills

Allison · Married on 07/14/2018

Before our July wedding, my husband and I weren't sure how we wanted our ceremony to be. We had been to so many weddings where the ceremony felt generic or overly cheesy. We had even met with someone who did bilingual ceremonies (my husband is French), but really didn't feel a connection.

I saw Reverend Mills on the Murrieta's Well preferred vendors list, and looked him up along with the other recommendations. A youtube video of a previous ceremony of his popped up, and I watched Reverend Mills share stories the bride and groom had written about each other. I felt like I knew the couple and what they were about without having ever met them. I immediately set up a meeting with Reverend Mills, and he drove to Lafayette to meet us over coffee. We were instantly put at ease and knew he understood us and what we were going for. He also took great care to make sure all the French names were pronounced correctly after we submitted our stories.

The day of our wedding, the ceremony was one of my favorite parts. Numerous people have approached me echoing these same sentiments and wanting copies of the stories. People have said they could just "feel Allie and Maxime" through the ceremony (and loved his voice)! My sister isn't even engaged yet and wants Reverend Mills to officiate her future wedding. Thank you, Reverend Mills, for everything!

Sent on 07/17/2018

Amy · Married on 04/29/2018

We can’t thank Reverend Mills enough for creating such a touching and memorable ceremony! It couldn’t have been more perfect!! We have had countless numbers of family and friends tell us that it was the best ceremony they have seen! He seamlessly mixed in traditional Jewish elements which was so special for George’s family. We feel so blessed to have found him!
    With Heartfelt Appreciation!
    Amy and George

Sent on 05/09/2018

Jason · Married on 06/09/2017

We used Tim for our wedding this month and were very happy. His voice is perfect for officiating!

Tim was easy to work with and helped us out in picking what we wanted to use for the ceremony.

I highly recommend using Tim for your wedding!

Sent on 06/22/2017

Evelyn · Married on 05/06/2017

I was recommended to Tim by a wedding coordinator. She told me he had a beautiful voice and he is the best officiant on her list. I contacted him that night to book him. When he answered the phone I thought “whoooaaaaaaaa” and booked him right away. I think he was even a little puzzled how I just sent him the deposit right away! Lol, he told me I didn’t have to deposit until we met but I was not going to risk having someone steal MY OFFICIANT for my wedding date.

When Tuan and I met him, he was professional, funny, and open minded. We were extremely nervous about doing our own vows and he offered to read our story for us instead. He even sent us reminders to have the story ready and helped us revise.

He gave us several pointers on how to stand and act during the ceremony. Some of it I was surprised about, and so was my maid of honor: not to pay attention to him when he talks, to whisper to each other when he is speaking which I thought would be being slightly rude to Reverend Tim? But we trusted him and did what we were told! My maid of honor was amazed when she saw us following the instructions, how much more of an intimate loving feel the ceremony had. I don’t know if I am doing a good job at explaining it, but bottom line is he knows what he’s doing and if you listen to him, you’ll have a wonderful ceremony.

I used to never think picking the right officiant was important for our wedding. We even thought about having a friend do it. But I am so glad I did and Reverend Tim is worth every penny. I want him back when we do our vow renewal and I am not taking no for an answer!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Reverend Tim was amazing! His voice is perfect for officiating a wedding and he brings a perfect amount of celebration of the seriousness of the event at hand but brings a fun lightheartedness when it is appropriate. Instead of having couples write their own vows, he has you write a story about your spouse-to-be and recommends that it be from a time early in your relationship. He reads these out loud during the ceremony and this was one of our and our guests favorite part of the whole wedding. We got so many compliments about Reverend Tim and the ceremony and how much people enjoyed the stories.

Sent on 05/12/2016

Lina · Married on 08/23/2015

Reverend Tim was amazing - he listened to our preferences and made the ceremony short and sweet, just how we wanted. He has a great speaking voice and a lovely presence. He also brought in a great personal touch and made it unique to us by weaving the stories we shared with him into the ceremony. Would recommend him for any type of ceremony!

Sent on 09/18/2015

Lauren · Married on 02/21/2015

Best.officiant.ever! To be honest, we kept putting off dealing with our ceremony details until we couldn't any longer. We kept trying to think of a family member or friend we could ask to get ordained and marry us. After all of the details that go into planning a wedding, the thought of then helping write our ceremony with a family member or friend (we'd have NO clue where to begin) wasn't interesting anymore.

I work in the wedding industry and have seen hundreds of ceremonys but I don't really listen as I'm usually running around getting ready for the next detail. Luckily, one of my clients used Tim last year and I remembered him for his great voice and the amount of laughter that came from guests during the ceremony.

My husband and I had a quick call with Tim and his personality, sense of humor and awesome voice made us immediately decide he'd be perfect! Tim gave us some great advice about writing our own vows (not too) and instead we each wrote stories that Tim shared during the ceremony...he was right, everyone enjoyed listening to these much more and given our nerves, it was so nice to take a deep breath and listen to what my husband wrote. Tim also gave us some great advice about when to use prayers (since neither of us are religious but some of our family is) and provided us sample prayers to select from.

He made planning the ceremony beyond easy and the day of was honestly perfect! His delivery was amazing and we had so many people comment on what an amazing job he did. We'd absolutely recommended Tim and are so thankful we had a videographer because we both can't wait to listen to the ceremony again!

Sent on 03/06/2015
  • Y

yun · Married on 11/02/2014

Tim really gave me an unforgettable ceremony!

I received a ton of compliments about the personal story part in the ceremony. All my guests like it. They said they can feel the love in the story. He is so professional to make the ceremony smooth and impressive. I will definitely recommend Tim to anyone whoever are going to get married.

Sent on 11/12/2014

Tanya · Married on 10/16/2014

We are so happy that we found Reverend Tim and highly recommend him for your wedding! He is a “natural,” with the perfect voice and sense of humor for a wedding officiant. We received the most compliments about “the officiant,” at our wedding, and our guests raved about the ceremony all night! While we of course wanted everyone to enjoy themselves at the reception, for us, the most important part of the night was our ceremony when we exchanged vows. Because Tim really knows what makes a successful ceremony for the bride, groom and guests, our ceremony was the most memorable, enjoyable part of the night for my husband and me (and I think for our guests too!). We and our guests, laughed and cried throughout those brief, yet unforgettable 15 minutes.

Pre-ceremony: Tim responded to my inquiry quickly (within a couple hours), and always responded to our emails in a very timely manner. We appreciated that he set up a time to meet with us in person before we committed to his services, his rate is reasonable, he asks questions to get to know what it is that you [the couple] envision for your ceremony, and provides suggestions based on your responses and wishes. We didn’t have a detailed “vision” for our ceremony, but Tim knew what questions to ask to help us see what we wanted. He provided great suggestions to make guests focus their attention on us, and we love that he suggested that we each write a story about each other (without sharing ahead of time). Hearing Tim read the stories we wrote was the highlight of the night for both of us and many of our guests. We knew there would be many young children at the ceremony, including our own 2 and 3-year-olds, and this was no problem for Tim. In fact, he said not to make the kids do anything or force them to sit in a certain spot – Kids will be kids and do what they want. I kept telling myself this, and those of my wedding party, so everything with the children with smoothly.

Sent on 11/02/2014

Tim was the perfect choice for our 9/26 wedding at the palm event center in pleasanton. He was very responsive to all emails, gave great feedback during our visit, and has the most soothing voice you could imagine. He made our ceremony magical, memorable, and there wasn't a dry eye in the room. Thank you Tim!

Sent on 10/17/2014

We were at a friend's wedding where Reverend Tim was the officiant and afterwards we knew we had to work with him.

After working with him, we want to say, Reverend Tim is awesome. He really made us feel relaxed and at ease during the ceremony. He has an excellent voice and has a great presence. He really took the time to make sure our ceremony was a special one. He is very patient and you really feel he cares about you and your big day.

I am going to recommend him to all my friends and family.

Sent on 02/03/2014

Megan · Married on 10/13/2013

Tim was great to work with for our wedding. He was professional and responsive to all of our questions ahead of time. He took the time to get to know us and really listened to our ideas of what we wanted our ceremony to be. He offered up a lovely sample ceremony for us to build from. In the end, when we decided that we wanted to essentially write our own ceremony, vows, everything - basically asking Tim to stray far from his usual ceremony, he didn't bat an eye and executed the unfamiliar ceremony beautifully. We were very happy with the way it all came together, and we got lots of positive feedback from our guests. Thank you, Tim!!

Sent on 11/06/2013

Shannon · Married on 10/05/2013

My husband I were married earlier this month in Napa and I will say that Pastor Tim kicked off a wonderful day by setting such a joyous, cheerful and fantastic tone with his ceremony. After exchanging a few emails over the months leading up to the wedding, and then meeting for coffee one day the month before, we knew he was the right choice for our special day. With his incredible help, we crafted personal stories and chose meaningful readings that Pastor Tim shared with our guests, resulting in laughter, applause and tears. His ceremony was balanced, meaningful, sweet and to the point, and seemed very much "like us", as many of our guests stated. Pastor Tim also gave us a few hints to make the ceremony more inviting for our guests (you'll have to ask him what I'm talking about!) that left everyone in awe of what a wonderful ceremony it in fact was. Oh, and let's not forget Pastor Tim's booming vocals. He really should do voice-overs.

We could not have been more pleased with our choice and you will feel the same way!

Sent on 11/07/2013

Katie · Married on 09/01/2013

Tim was amazing - he was prompt in answering questions, reassuring and most of all we loved his ceremony ideas. Our ceremony was truly original and so personal. Not to mention, Tim has the best voice for a ceremony! We wouldn't have changed one thing - it was perfect!

Sent on 09/03/2013

David · Married on 08/17/2013

Reverend Tim was absolutely great to work with. Being someone who really didn't know how a wedding service should be run, he went through everything in detail with my wife and I before the wedding and we were stress free the day of. As I am not from the Bay Area, he even arranged his schedule so that he could meet with my wife and I when I was in town to discuss the wedding. I would highly recommend Reverend Tim for any type of wedding service as he will create a wonderful ceremony that you will remember forever.

Sent on 08/24/2013

Amy · Married on 08/03/2013

We are so grateful to Reverend Tim for doing such an amazing job with our ceremony! He made everything so personal and special. I can not tell you how many people commented on how wonderful he was and how much they enjoyed the ceremony. It was so nice to be able to hand everything over to him and know that everything was taken care of. I can not thank Reverend Tim enough for making our day so special!

Sent on 08/23/2013

Anne · Married on 06/15/2013

Reverend Tim was an excellent officiant for our wedding. He has a wonderful deep booming voice that lends magic and gravitas to a wedding. His voice sounded great in the cavernous space of our venue (SF City Hall). So many of our guests commented that they loved his voice and that he should do movie voice-overs! He also had unique ideas that made our ceremony personal and moving. He suggested that we write stories about one another for him to read. At first, we weren't sure if we wanted to do this but we are so glad we listened to him! The stories made our wedding so much more emotional and distinct. My in-laws said that if they ever renew their vows, they will be hiring Rev. Tim!

Sent on 09/05/2013
  • User2087823 · 2+ years ago

Reverend Tim was wonderful! We not only used him for our wedding, but have also recommended him to many other friends of ours. He is kind, professional, and really takes the time to get to know you as a couple. He made all of our guests laugh and cry and his wonderful voice really lends to the occasion. We couldn't be more happy with our choice in Reverend Tim. =)

Sent on 12/06/2013

Jamie · Married on 04/20/2013

We absolutely loved Rev Tim! He's so easy to work with, laid back all around awesome! He really incorporated our needs in our ceremony as far as our "filipino traditions" as well as bringing a great sense of humor and fun to our ceremony. He made our ceremony very special and personable! Not to mention he projects a great speaking voice too!

Sent on 05/07/2013

Steve · Married on 03/17/2013

Having originally discovered Tim Mills on Yelp where he had received high reviews, we enlisted his services for our wedding by the ocean. Tim made himself very available from our initial meeting in person, as well as being prompt in his reply to all of our email correspondence to follow. Not being sure of how best to orchestrate the ceremony, Tim was very thorough in offering his suggestions and recommendations, which ultimately, led to a very intimate and personal ceremony which all of our guests complimented us on. Our very special day was certainly made that much more amazing thanks to the direction, assistance and service Tim was able to provide. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding officiant.

Sent on 03/28/2013

Melissa · Married on 03/16/2013

Reverend Tim Mills was wonderful to work with. The stories we wrote for Reverend Tim to read during our vows was such a special & personal touch to our wedding. We couldn't have asked for anything more.

Sent on 04/14/2013

Erica · Married on 12/30/2012

Reverend Tim did a beautiful ceremony for my husband and I last December 30, 2012. He was a great presence with his beautiful voice and natural delivery. He was able to deliver a ceremony that was lighthearted and funny, yet still solemn. Even now, nearly a year later, we get feedback from guests who still remember our wedding ceremony, and they always gush about how great an officiant Reverend Tim was.
    Reverend Tim was easy to communicate with. We gave him a call, met up with him soon after, sealed the deal, and kept in touch until the big day. The first day we met him, he told us what he was all about, what to expect from him, and what he expected from us. He was so thorough and organized during the months leading to our ceremony. Every time we sent him an e-mail, we received a prompt response. On the day of our wedding, Reverend Tim gave us exactly what he told us to expect and even more! We are so appreciative and we feel blessed that we were led to Reverend Tim.
    I could go on and on about Reverend Tim, but I think the best proof of his work is our wedding video, in which he played a significant role. Reverend Tim's ceremony set the tone for the whole video. Here is the link: http://vimeo.com/57486855
    We hope you choose Reverend Tim so he can continue to make beautiful weddings happen!

Sent on 12/05/2013

Jenna · Married on 12/23/2012

Reverend Tim was GREAT to work with. He responded quickly to all of my emails and answered all of my questions. He sent sample ceremony ideas that were perfect for what we wanted. It was deep, but light, spiritual and loving, but not too much where it felt like overkill… It was just “real” and fit us great. We met with him and right away, both my now husband and I felt comfortable and at ease. He gave us tips like to practice how we will stand, practice kissing (and make it dramatic, lol) and even told us we didn’t have to listen to what he was saying during our actual ceremony because the most important part was focusing on each other. I thought the tips were funny at the time, but I am so glad we took them seriously… because they helped. He also suggested incorporating stories about each other or about our relationship. None of that “I love you because….” But real stories that would make our ceremony personal. My now husband was hesitant because what man wants to do that, but he begrudgingly did it and I am SOOOOOO glad we did. It was fun to hear each other’s stories for the first time and our guests loved them. His ceremony was sweet, funny, entertaining and did the job PERFECTLY. During the rush and excitement of the wedding day, I forgot Reverend Tim’s final payment and felt horrible. However, he was perfectly understanding and kept reassuring me to not worry about it and we could make arrangements to meet up later. I was extremely happy with everything about Reverend Tim and believe our wedding would not have been the same without him. He is truly one of a kind and I would recommend him to anybody

Sent on 04/12/2013

Lisa · Married on 11/10/2012

Reverend Timothy Mills was one of the key people in our perfect wedding.

From our first meeting through the wedding ceremony, Reverend Timothy Mills was totally professional, very responsive, gave great suggestions and helped set a loving, friendly and fun tone for the attendees at our wedding.

I have to also mention that he has the BEST voice and looks great in photos. Everyone at our wedding commented at how great he was.

I can't recommend him highly enough. If we ever renew our vows, we will absolutely be calling Reverend Timothy Mills to be the officiant for our ceremony.

Sent on 03/27/2013

Jean · Married on 09/16/2012

Reverend Tim was a wonderful officiant at our wedding. His service was very professional, he was very responsive with emails and phone calls, and it was very easy working with him. Reverend Tim suggested us to write personal stories about each other so that he could read it out loud during the ceremony. This was definitely a huge hit. The stories turned out really great and the ceremony was just the right balance of levity and sacredness. Additionally, another huge plus was that his voice was strong and clear. We had a great experience and we wouldn't have wanted any other officiant for our wedding.

Sent on 06/05/2013