Reverend Sandra Bargman Reviews

38 Reviews for Reverend Sandra Bargman

• Lori

Lori H. · Getting married on 11/08/2021

Simply the best

Why are there so many 5-star reviews for Rev. Sandra on The Knot? Because she’s that good. I’ve known “Sandy,” as I call her, since college where she was a major talent… and still is. A beautiful person inside and out, she’s highly creative, deeply sensitive, wicked smart, thoughtful, kind and funny. She’s a consummate professional able to use her considerable organizational and directorial skills to make memorable events a reality. She has vision. She’s warm. She’s caring. Her’s is a calming, reassuring presence. Because of coronavirus, my partner and I wanted a simple civil/legal ceremony on ZOOM; and, of course, Rev. Sandra knew all about how to make that happen. Her advice and counsel guided us before, during and after. Once this terrible virus is beyond us, we plan to have an in-person, spiritual ceremony surrounded by family and friends. We wouldn’t dream of having anyone other than Rev. Sandra officiate. What a blessing to be in the hands of the best!

Sent on 08/23/2020

Reverend Sandra Bargman's reply:

I always forget to respond to these...and here I am with yours. Thank you for your kindness. I was honored to witness you both and will look forward to the next ceremony and celebration. Much love and many blessings, S.
  • Caitie

Caitie G. · Married on 07/09/2021

The best officiant we could have ever imagined

Sandra just officiated our intimate wedding a few weeks ago and made it such a special, magical experience. We met with Sandra several times over Zoom prior to our wedding and she truly took the time to get to know us both as people. The ceremony that Sandra crafted for us incorporated all the elements that were important to us tied together with her own style and values which worked so incredibly well. Our ceremony felt so sacred, meaningful, and forever memorable and we absolutely loved working with Sandra throughout the whole process as her style is warm, laid-back, and thoughtful. She is also very professional, responsive to emails, and organized. Our family continues to tell us what a wonderful presence Sandra was at our wedding and we couldn't agree more. We are so happy that we found Sandra and we can't recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 10/04/2020

Reverend Sandra Bargman's reply:

I thank you for these gracious and kind words. Much love to you both...and to your families, whom I loved meeting. Looking forward to seeing you SOON! xoxo

Cat · Married on 07/08/2021

Personalized Service from an Experienced, Supportive Heart

Rev Sandra Bargman is a remarkable officiant, and human being. Our wedding was anything but typical - my husband and I had been together for 16 years before we “tied the knot” and then we did it virtually, on Zoom. Our witnesses were in different homes, our parents in other states, and the groom didn’t want a ring. Did any of this stump Rev. Sandra? Not for a moment. We talked on the phone, met on zoom, exchanged ideas for the ceremony. She listened carefully to what we had to say, and even to what we didn’t say (“I didn’t hear you mention X - do you want to consider that at all?”) She sent sample ‘scripts’ and we tailored it for our tastes. Just a perfect interaction to what could have been a very stressful time. Rev. Sandra is a compassionate, non-fru-fru officiant. She works with you to make the ceremony fit your needs, in a supportive and exciting way. We highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/19/2020

Reverend Sandra Bargman's reply:

Ahhh. I thank you for these kind and gracious words. Thank you, Cat, and love and great good wishes to you both. XO

Ashish M. · Married on 06/12/2021

Unique ceremony from the heart

Rev Sandra is a master at capturing heartfelt moments. She worked closely with my husband and I to create a beautifully unique ceremony that was nothing short of "us." There was nothing frivolous, every ritual and reading had profound meaning to the two of us.

My husband is from India and I am from upstate NY. Sandra diligently explored the possibilities on how we could create a ceremony that was fun, modern, and heartfelt and simultaneously incorporate Hindu and Christian elements. After the ceremony, guests from both sides commented on how well Sandra captured and blended rituals in a way remained authentic to the diverse traditions. We loved how on top of that, she designed a ceremony that highlighted my husband and I as two unique people with our own special love story. I can't possibly imagine anyone else leading us on our happy day.

Sent on 06/18/2021

Carl D. · Married on 06/10/2021

Look no further

This is the kindest, gentlest, most sensitive minister you will meet. (And I have a long history of working for churches and synagogues!) Her templates for services were written from her heart and soul and they were perfect for our needs. The service was magic and spiritual and she hosted our guest as if they were her most intimate friends. Look no further.

Sent on 02/12/2020

Dear Carl and Co.
    I always forget to respond to these uploads on line - I know what you've shared with me, personally. All those who read this though, I am ever grateful to this group of people for choosing me as their officiant. Thank you ever so much, love to you.
  • Chris

Chris S. · Married on 02/06/2021

Thoughtful, Flexible, Heartfelt!

Initially we had planned to have our wedding ceremony at city hall, yet due to the pandemic we pivoted and decided on a zoom wedding ceremony for our closest family and friends. In the search for an officiant, we wanted someone who could create something that felt personal, was spiritual, and was flexible to working with technology and officiating our ceremony virtually. Sandra was all of those things and so much more. She took the time to understand us as a couple and what we were looking for over many calls and emails. She spent time crafting a ceremony that was exactly what we wanted - spiritual and heartfelt - with room for our families to deliver readings and space for us to deliver our own vows. She even set up a beautiful background in her home that looked great on the zoom call and was thoughtful enough to ask us what we thought she should wear. Her attention to these to details made our day seem that more special. Sandra delivered our ceremony, it’s foundation, prayers, vow and ring exchanges with emotion that was authentic and vigor that added life and momentum despite our physical separation. We are so pleased with our choice and we would recommend Sandra in a heartbeat! Thank you Sandra for making our wedding so special!

Sent on 06/16/2020

Reverend Sandra Bargman's reply:

Thank you both so very much for choosing me! I loved our time together! I was so moved by your family, and their involvement in what was one of the many very firsts of Zoom weddings. It was such a special gathering. Thank you for choosing ME!
  • F

Francesca B. · Married on 12/09/2020

Heartfelt Elopement in the Time of Covid 19

"We were so lucky to find Sandra to be the officiant for our elopement. We initially wanted a big wedding in Brooklyn, but due to Covid we had to down-size significantly. Then we decided on a simple in-person elopement, and even though it was just us and our photographer as a witness, Sandra delivered a heartfelt, meaningful ceremony for us. We even failed to fill out the ceremony license, not once, but twice! Sandra stayed calm and solved the issue for us on the spot. We are so grateful, and so happy for her officiating.."
    -FB and BB

Sent on 09/25/2020

Reverend Sandra Bargman's reply:

Thank you, both! It all worked out so well! It's always good to be flexible at the end of the day! Remember, the ceremony will always be more important than what you wore! xoxo (I know you get that!) Much love and blessings...

Arina A. · Married on 10/24/2020

Sandra Knows How to Curate A Special Moment

We eloped, and we could not have asked for a better officiant than Sandra. She really captured what we wanted in our small intimate ceremony. Furthermore, she was very responsive and adaptable when planning the ceremony. She shared a poem and gave us a heartfelt toast! Can’t thank her enough!!

Sent on 11/13/2020

Melissa S. · Married on 09/26/2020

Amazing ceremony!

Sandra was so kind and helpful throughout the whole process of changing plans for our pandemic wedding. We cant thank her enough for her patience and help navigating us leading up to our special day. Our ceremony went very smoothly and it was one we will remember forever!

Sent on 10/12/2020

Reverend Sandra Bargman's reply:

Thank you, Melissa!! It was a gorgeous day and a memorable ceremony, indeed! Much love and many blessings to you and Jakub!

Ronna F. · Married on 08/30/2020

Perfect ceremony

Sandra is the best. She makes the ceremony personal to your situation.

Sent on 09/28/2020

Reverend Sandra Bargman's reply:

This my fav review. 5 Star! Thank you...for choosing me. XO What a glorious trip down memory lane. So very happy for you both!
  • Ann

Ann H. · Married on 05/16/2020

For our ceremony(ies), there was no other choice but Rev. Sandra Bargman.

We have been working with Sandra to prepare our ceremony for our joyous May 2020 wedding with friends and family. As COVID-19 unfolded and we made the responsible but difficult decision to postpone our large ceremony, we felt compelled to retain some magic and celebration on our original May date.
    Sandra met our desire head on by designing a beautifully unique, physically-distant/virtual ceremony. Sandra in all her creative power executed a day that, despite our major shift in plans, photos with gloves and face masks, and a novel virus transmitting across the globe, simply, could not have been more perfect, precious, or us. To top it off, she incorporated multiple elements into our May ceremony that will be expanded upon when we can safely celebrate with all friends and family.
    Sandra is passionate, immensely creative, and a deep listener who reflects keenly on couples’ wishes to deliver exactly what she promises: ceremonies that are unique and heartfelt.

Sent on 05/28/2020

Reverend Sandra Bargman's reply:

I am so grateful for you both in my life. Thank you for choosing ME! We will CONTINUE! And celebrate much more, and in person. But trust that what you you asked for - and we created - has set a new standard. I feel much HONOR.
  • Daniel

Daniel · Married on 10/25/2019

A memorable ceremony

Sandra created a ceremony for us that thoughtfully integrated elements of our histories and beliefs important to both of us as individuals and jointly. She is creative, organized, and has a great sense of humor. She brought all these qualities to bear to create a beautiful, meaningful, and memorable ceremony.

Sent on 02/10/2020

Reverend Sandra Bargman's reply:

Thank you, Daniel and Tie...
    Sending my continued best wishes and celebrations to you both...
    Thank you for choosing me.
  • Michael

Michael C. · Married on 10/19/2019

Beautiful ceremony

Reverend Sandra Bargman was absolutely amazing. She was there for my wife and I every step of the way. She was very helpful and we highly recommend

Sent on 02/10/2020
  • Alison

Alison · Married on 10/05/2019

An unforgettable personalized ceremony!

Sandra was absolutely wonderful to work with! She really took the time to get to know us and make a personalized ceremony.

One of the best things she had us complete was a pre-wedding questionnaire. All of the questions were thoughtful and she used our answers to personalize our ceremony.

The day of the wedding, she was a calming presence. She came to visit both of us and gave us confidence that she had everything under control. The ceremony was everything we could have asked for and more. All of our guests absolutely loved her and said that we had the most memorable ceremony they had ever witnessed!

Sent on 02/04/2020

Reverend Sandra Bargman's reply:

Thank you, Alison and Tony! I absolutely loved working with you and meeting your family and friends!
  • Scott

Scott H. · Married on 05/11/2019

The highest praises!

My husband and I had known Sandra personally for years and knew that we wanted her to officiate our wedding years before we got engaged. While we were already aware of her warmth and creativity, we were pleasantly surprised by how thoughtful and prepared she was both during the planning process and on the day of our wedding. First, she helped us organize our thoughts (and feelings) with a thorough questionnaire that we reviewed all together as a group. She later helped us craft the structure of our ceremony drawing on her experience dealing with couples of different faiths and backgrounds. Ultimately, we were most grateful for how safe she made us feel throughout the day. Her presence was calming and reassuring in the midst of a lot of stimulus. We cannot recommend her more highly.

Sent on 01/22/2020

Linda · Married on 10/21/2018

Capture your story perfectly with Rev Sandra!

This wonderful minister became such an integral part of our recent wedding. We LOVED her!! Rev Sandra carefully listened to our story, our ideas and the vision for our ceremony. She really helped guide us through it all with so much patience, experience AND HUMOR! She thought of all the little things we hadn't which made the event go so smoothly and made us feel comfortable and relaxed. Everyone told us afterwards that the ceremony really captured the two of us perfectly (and Rev Sandra had so much to do with that!). Ever grateful. Thank you again!!!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Samantha · Married on 10/20/2018

Exceptional

We could not be happier with Reverend Sandra! She was everything we could ask for and more. Her ability to weave personal details into our ceremony was perfect. Her suggestions for readings really catered to our diverse group of guests and left everyone full of love and happiness. You can really trust Sandra to take the reins and deliver a beautiful experience.

Sent on 11/05/2018
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/06/2018

The best decision you'll make!!

I really cannot say enough good things about Reverend Sandra. It's extremely rare to find someone who is genuinely interested in getting to know you holistically - what you love, what you hate, what inspires you, etc. Meeting Sandra truly was the very best thing about our planning process. She not only became a very fast friend, she took our vision and created a ceremony that was completely shaped around who we were, as individuals and as a couple. She is fast to make suggestions, and comfortable with incorporating your feedback. At the end of our wedding, all the rave reviews were about the ceremony - I had friends and family telling me that it was "the most beautiful, unique ceremony" they had ever attended. All couples should have the chance to work with Sandra - it's a complete dream!

Sent on 10/24/2018
  • Brytanie

Brytanie T. · Married on 09/30/2018

SHE is the BEST!!!!!!

If you're looking for someone to capture who you are as a person, and as a couple, look no further! Sandra was more than we could have imagined. She took meticulous effort to make sure my husband and I were well represented on every front. We both come from different spiritual and religious backgrounds, and Sandra was able to weave together a ceremony that made everyone feel honored. She brought an authenticity and intimacy to the ceremony, that I'm certain no one else could have delivered. She is respectful, kind and has a heart of gold. She is there to make certain your day is yours; beautiful ,remarkable, and something you will never forget. A true God send. Thank you for joining our two souls together in such an unforgettable way.

Sent on 10/20/2018
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/28/2018

One of a kind!

Rev Sandra was a total DREAM. She was recommended to us by our venue when we asked about an officiant who was deeply spiritual and in touch with The Universe, held power and reverence, and able to tailor a ceremony to our unique bohemian/hippy style. We loved that she had so much experience in many different types of ceremonies (religious and non), so she brought this very spiritual and commanding quality to her work that we really felt safe with. Sandra listened to ALL of our many, many... MANY needs, ideas, concerns, specific word changes, etc and was patient and kind through the whole process. She allowed us a lot of freedom to come up with wording we felt more connected to, but also helped guide us when we needed her experience to know what would work best. Many guests commented on how much they loved her and asked WHO WAS THAT WOMAN??? SHE IS AMAZING! We definitely think so too. :) Sandra: Thank you for making our ceremony so personal and special. Thank you for opening your heart to us and being so generous with your time and skills. Thank you for being the vendor (above ALL our other vendors) who was always there for us, always available, always ready to listen and guide us, always thinking ahead, always ready to jump in and make things work (even more beautifully than planned). We are SO SO grateful to have found you and will treasure the memories of planning and celebrating our wedding with you and your wonderful husband. If you're reading this and looking for an officiant who will respect YOUR views, vision, and heart - Sandra is the one.

Sent on 10/18/2018

Sara · Married on 08/31/2018

She will make your day personally yours

I have known Sandra since we first met in high school and got to know each other during drama and musical productions there over 40 years ago. We have not seen each other in the thirty years that I have lived in Europe, but knowing that she is a passionate interfaith minister who presides over weddings, I turned to her for suggestions for my wedding ceremony. She took time to talk with me and then provided me with inspirational ceremony texts, which my husband-to-be and I used to craft our personal ceremony.

As my husband is from Germany, and we had English-speaking and German-speaking guests, we found a lovely way to have a bilingual ceremony.
    Sandra was not able to be here, but my sister-in-law, Carolyn, who is an ordained Presbyterian minister, and my good friend of many years, Julia, presided over the ceremony. Carolyn had the primary role and spoke in English, while Julia spoke the same text translated into German.

Our outdoor ceremony was in the sculpture garden of the park where a well-known local artist used to live and work. My uncle walked me down the path to the center of the circle where our guests among the sculptures of the park stood in a large half-circle to witness our ceremony. It was beautiful, personal, and meaningful, thanks very much to the words and ideas we began with from Sandra.

Sent on 10/25/2018

Clifford · Married on 03/05/2018

Sandra Bargman is not only a caring and truthful person, she is aso articulate, professional and, a nice plus, glamorous!.
    Her brief and moving service was just what we wanted. She created a beautiful atmosphere in our apartment and enabled my partner (now husband) and me to feel free to express our deep love for each other in the most meaningful and satisfying way.

Sent on 05/10/2018

Sasha · Married on 10/28/2017

We were so fortunate to have found Sandra to officiate our wedding! Sandra has been supremely professional and thoughtful every step of the way - from our first conversation, through working on our ceremony script, to our wedding day, and post-wedding follow-up. She made time to meet us in person ahead of the wedding day to walk us through what to expect during the ceremony. On the day of, Sandra arrived at our venue well ahead of time to alleviate any worries for us. As neither of us enjoy being the center of attention, Sandra’s calming presence was exactly what we needed ahead of our big moment.

For our ceremony script, we chose one of Sandra’s pre-written pieces (with some customization). As Sandra assured us, these scripts were timeless and profound in their beautiful simplicity. Several of our relatives commented how true our ceremony was to our relationship even though it wasn’t written specifically for us.

As for delivery, Sandra has a gift for creating intimacy in an open space and drawing in the audience. From her work in performing arts, she understands the power of stage presence through voice and body language, but also knows how to moderate it for a deeply personal spiritual event.

Overall, we couldn’t be happier with our experience with Sandra and we are grateful for having met her!

Sent on 01/17/2018

Reverend Sandra Bargman's reply:

Thank you so much, S and R! It was a joy and an honor to work with you and to be a part of your big day!! My best wishes to you both!

Spencer · Married on 10/07/2017

Sandra played a big role in making our wedding day a success. At all steps along the way she was professional, personable, and understanding. Months before the ceremony, she came into NYC to get to know us. From this meeting, she crafted a ceremony that was both unique and true to ourselves. Great attention was paid to choosing readings and passages that were consistent with our voice. She took the lead in constructing the ceremony and was receptive to our feedback on a few rounds of edits. On the day of the ceremony, Reverend Bargman was there early, and made sure that everything was set for a successful ceremony. And it was. The ceremony focused on our love of nature, curiosity, and adventure-- it matched the day and the venue perfectly. Our friends and family had so many good things to say about Sandra’s ceremony, style, and delivery. Thank you! -Caitlin and Spencer

Sent on 02/25/2018

Liz · Married on 10/06/2017

Sandra was absolutely amazing officiating our wedding. We had a bit of a late start finding an officiant and she was recommended by our venue, Crooked Lake House. She was super responsive as soon as I reached out and within a few days of our initial conversation we had an in-person meeting so we could get to know each other. I felt like she really took the time to understand what we wanted and didn’t push us one way or another regarding the ceremony. My husband and I are both pretty laid back people and we both wanted something short and sweet. We did not have anyone do any special readings nor did we want to write our own vows. Sandra wrote everything and let us make any edits or suggestions that we wanted. It was amazing how well she was able to understand us just by our first meeting and filling out her questionnaire. We had Sandra at our rehearsal as well and she really walked us thru everything we needed to know. The day of the wedding she took care of everything that involved her so I didn’t need to worry about anything. The ceremony itself was perfect! It was everything I could have ever imagined it to be. After the ceremony I had so many people approach me and tell me what a great job she did. It had just the right amount of love, romance, humor and included our family and friends which is exactly what we wanted. Thank you so much Sandra for making our wedding so beautiful and special!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Reverend Sandra Bargman's reply:

Thank you so much, Liz! My congratulations, again, so wonderful to work and celebrate with you BOTH! Warmly, Sandra