Reverend Sandra Bargman Reviews

23 | New York, NY

23 Reviews for Reverend Sandra Bargman

23 Reverend Sandra Bargman Reviews

Linda S · Married on 10/21/2018

Capture your story perfectly with Rev Sandra!

This wonderful minister became such an integral part of our recent wedding. We LOVED her!! Rev Sandra carefully listened to our story, our ideas and the vision for our ceremony. She really helped guide us through it all with so much patience, experience AND HUMOR! She thought of all the little things we hadn't which made the event go so smoothly and made us feel comfortable and relaxed. Everyone told us afterwards that the ceremony really captured the two of us perfectly (and Rev Sandra had so much to do with that!). Ever grateful. Thank you again!!!

Samantha · Married on 10/20/2018

Exceptional

We could not be happier with Reverend Sandra! She was everything we could ask for and more. Her ability to weave personal details into our ceremony was perfect. Her suggestions for readings really catered to our diverse group of guests and left everyone full of love and happiness. You can really trust Sandra to take the reins and deliver a beautiful experience.

• Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/06/2018

The best decision you'll make!!

I really cannot say enough good things about Reverend Sandra. It's extremely rare to find someone who is genuinely interested in getting to know you holistically - what you love, what you hate, what inspires you, etc. Meeting Sandra truly was the very best thing about our planning process. She not only became a very fast friend, she took our vision and created a ceremony that was completely shaped around who we were, as individuals and as a couple. She is fast to make suggestions, and comfortable with incorporating your feedback. At the end of our wedding, all the rave reviews were about the ceremony - I had friends and family telling me that it was "the most beautiful, unique ceremony" they had ever attended. All couples should have the chance to work with Sandra - it's a complete dream!

• Brytanie

Brytanie Talty · Married on 09/30/2018

SHE is the BEST!!!!!!

If you're looking for someone to capture who you are as a person, and as a couple, look no further! Sandra was more than we could have imagined. She took meticulous effort to make sure my husband and I were well represented on every front. We both come from different spiritual and religious backgrounds, and Sandra was able to weave together a ceremony that made everyone feel honored. She brought an authenticity and intimacy to the ceremony, that I'm certain no one else could have delivered. She is respectful, kind and has a heart of gold. She is there to make certain your day is yours; beautiful ,remarkable, and something you will never forget. A true God send. Thank you for joining our two souls together in such an unforgettable way.

• Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/28/2018

One of a kind!

Rev Sandra was a total DREAM. She was recommended to us by our venue when we asked about an officiant who was deeply spiritual and in touch with The Universe, held power and reverence, and able to tailor a ceremony to our unique bohemian/hippy style. We loved that she had so much experience in many different types of ceremonies (religious and non), so she brought this very spiritual and commanding quality to her work that we really felt safe with. Sandra listened to ALL of our many, many... MANY needs, ideas, concerns, specific word changes, etc and was patient and kind through the whole process. She allowed us a lot of freedom to come up with wording we felt more connected to, but also helped guide us when we needed her experience to know what would work best. Many guests commented on how much they loved her and asked WHO WAS THAT WOMAN??? SHE IS AMAZING! We definitely think so too. :) Sandra: Thank you for making our ceremony so personal and special. Thank you for opening your heart to us and being so generous with your time and skills. Thank you for being the vendor (above ALL our other vendors) who was always there for us, always available, always ready to listen and guide us, always thinking ahead, always ready to jump in and make things work (even more beautifully than planned). We are SO SO grateful to have found you and will treasure the memories of planning and celebrating our wedding with you and your wonderful husband. If you're reading this and looking for an officiant who will respect YOUR views, vision, and heart - Sandra is the one.

Reverend Sandra Bargman 1

Sara · Married on 08/31/2018

She will make your day personally yours

I have known Sandra since we first met in high school and got to know each other during drama and musical productions there over 40 years ago. We have not seen each other in the thirty years that I have lived in Europe, but knowing that she is a passionate interfaith minister who presides over weddings, I turned to her for suggestions for my wedding ceremony. She took time to talk with me and then provided me with inspirational ceremony texts, which my husband-to-be and I used to craft our personal ceremony.

As my husband is from Germany, and we had English-speaking and German-speaking guests, we found a lovely way to have a bilingual ceremony.
    Sandra was not able to be here, but my sister-in-law, Carolyn, who is an ordained Presbyterian minister, and my good friend of many years, Julia, presided over the ceremony. Carolyn had the primary role and spoke in English, while Julia spoke the same text translated into German.

Our outdoor ceremony was in the sculpture garden of the park where a well-known local artist used to live and work. My uncle walked me down the path to the center of the circle where our guests among the sculptures of the park stood in a large half-circle to witness our ceremony. It was beautiful, personal, and meaningful, thanks very much to the words and ideas we began with from Sandra.

Clifford · Married on 03/05/2018

Sandra Bargman is not only a caring and truthful person, she is aso articulate, professional and, a nice plus, glamorous!.
    Her brief and moving service was just what we wanted. She created a beautiful atmosphere in our apartment and enabled my partner (now husband) and me to feel free to express our deep love for each other in the most meaningful and satisfying way.

Sasha · Married on 10/28/2017

We were so fortunate to have found Sandra to officiate our wedding! Sandra has been supremely professional and thoughtful every step of the way - from our first conversation, through working on our ceremony script, to our wedding day, and post-wedding follow-up. She made time to meet us in person ahead of the wedding day to walk us through what to expect during the ceremony. On the day of, Sandra arrived at our venue well ahead of time to alleviate any worries for us. As neither of us enjoy being the center of attention, Sandra’s calming presence was exactly what we needed ahead of our big moment.

For our ceremony script, we chose one of Sandra’s pre-written pieces (with some customization). As Sandra assured us, these scripts were timeless and profound in their beautiful simplicity. Several of our relatives commented how true our ceremony was to our relationship even though it wasn’t written specifically for us.

As for delivery, Sandra has a gift for creating intimacy in an open space and drawing in the audience. From her work in performing arts, she understands the power of stage presence through voice and body language, but also knows how to moderate it for a deeply personal spiritual event.

Overall, we couldn’t be happier with our experience with Sandra and we are grateful for having met her!

Sent on 01/17/2018

Reverend Sandra Bargman's reply:

Thank you so much, S and R! It was a joy and an honor to work with you and to be a part of your big day!! My best wishes to you both!

Spencer · Married on 10/07/2017

Sandra played a big role in making our wedding day a success. At all steps along the way she was professional, personable, and understanding. Months before the ceremony, she came into NYC to get to know us. From this meeting, she crafted a ceremony that was both unique and true to ourselves. Great attention was paid to choosing readings and passages that were consistent with our voice. She took the lead in constructing the ceremony and was receptive to our feedback on a few rounds of edits. On the day of the ceremony, Reverend Bargman was there early, and made sure that everything was set for a successful ceremony. And it was. The ceremony focused on our love of nature, curiosity, and adventure-- it matched the day and the venue perfectly. Our friends and family had so many good things to say about Sandra’s ceremony, style, and delivery. Thank you! -Caitlin and Spencer

Liz · Married on 10/06/2017

Sandra was absolutely amazing officiating our wedding. We had a bit of a late start finding an officiant and she was recommended by our venue, Crooked Lake House. She was super responsive as soon as I reached out and within a few days of our initial conversation we had an in-person meeting so we could get to know each other. I felt like she really took the time to understand what we wanted and didn’t push us one way or another regarding the ceremony. My husband and I are both pretty laid back people and we both wanted something short and sweet. We did not have anyone do any special readings nor did we want to write our own vows. Sandra wrote everything and let us make any edits or suggestions that we wanted. It was amazing how well she was able to understand us just by our first meeting and filling out her questionnaire. We had Sandra at our rehearsal as well and she really walked us thru everything we needed to know. The day of the wedding she took care of everything that involved her so I didn’t need to worry about anything. The ceremony itself was perfect! It was everything I could have ever imagined it to be. After the ceremony I had so many people approach me and tell me what a great job she did. It had just the right amount of love, romance, humor and included our family and friends which is exactly what we wanted. Thank you so much Sandra for making our wedding so beautiful and special!

Sent on 12/05/2017
    Reverend Sandra Bargman 2
    Reverend Sandra Bargman 3

Reverend Sandra Bargman's reply:

Thank you so much, Liz! My congratulations, again, so wonderful to work and celebrate with you BOTH! Warmly, Sandra

Vikki L · Married on 09/23/2017

Sandra is the best!

Sandra truly took the time to get to know us and craft a ceremony that made our wedding everything we imagined it would be. Our goal was to incorporate personal gestures to one another while still acknowledging and incorporating religious traditions from our families. She really took the time to help us through that process to ensure we had the right balance, and a ceremony that felt like us. Just the number of compliments we received about the ceremony alone spoke volumes about Sandras work. The time she took to get to know each of us, and our story made the whole ceremony that much more personal. We are truly grateful to have had her as a part of our special day. - A and V

Sylwia · Married on 08/26/2017

Rev Sandra came to us through a recommendation from my sister. We wanted something simple since this is a second wedding for both of us. Sandra completely surprised us by speaking our vows in Polish! Everyone at the wedding was completely surprised and very moved by this effort. Sandra was absolutely wonderful!

Sandrę poleciła moja siostra. Planowaliśmy skromna ceremonie ślubna, dla każdego z nas jest to już drugie małżeństwo. Sandra zaskoczyła nas wygłaszając przysięgę w języku polskim. Kompletnie nie spodziewaliśmy się tego. Wszyscy nasi goście byli nie tylko zaskoczeni ale rownież wzruszeni faktem iż Sandra jako anglojęzyczna osoba dołożyła starań i wysiłku aby wygłosić przysięgę w języku polskim. Sandra jest poprostu wspaniała!

-Sylwia & Grzegorz

Kim · Married on 06/24/2017

Sandra delivered a great ceremony! We had heard Sandra speak at another wedding and knew that she had to be our officiant. She paid attention to detail and was always available. Sandra has a very calming presence and made us feel comfortable with the entire process. She did not just read directly from our questionnaire, she took the time to create a personalized ceremony. Sandra was able to incorporate our overall vibe and tone into a beautiful ceremony and guests raved about the ceremony. It was well written, joyous, and was spoken in a way that can captivate any audience. I highly recommend Sandra!

Lori · Married on 05/21/2017

Reverend Sandra Bargman performed our wedding ceremony on May 21st. Though I had never met her in person prior to our wedding day, our numerous phone conversations and email correspondences made me feel extremely comfortable with her performing our wedding ceremony. She took the time to really get to know us and the history of our relationship. She took our ideas, and our love of the beach (where spent our first date, and where my wife asked me to marry her two years later) to create a beautiful sand ceremony that included my teenage children, and made them truly feel apart of the day. She was extremely responsive and it was obvious from our first communication that she cared about creating a unique experience for us. She considered every detail, including our opinion on which robe we would like her to wear.

The day of our wedding she showed up early, walked through everything with us, and was very successful at helping us feel at ease. We had forgotten to purchase something, and she even went to the store for us so that we could great our guests. Our ceremony was “unconventional,” memorable, and heartwarming. Our family and friends truly enjoyed the day and it was a wonderful way to begin the rest of our lives together. We couldn't have asked for more.

Mica and Lori England

Nidal · Married on 02/04/2017

Sandra is an outstanding Minister. She officiated with great sensitivity and sharp knowledge of who we are and what we care for.
    She has that rare ability to seize the moment and sublimate it. She carved that unique and precious moment into our hearts with well chosen words, stunning presence, a vibrant voice and exceptional care.
    We are really happy to hold her name next to ours on our marriage certificate.

• I

Irina · Married on 09/03/2016

"My husband and I planned a pretty unusual wedding and were looking for a Reverend to marry us who would work with our ideas on how to design the ceremony. Sandra really took the time to understand us, our story, our special circumstances and our vision for the wedding. We wanted the ceremony to not be religious, but telling our story and sharing what a deep connection and special bond we have with each other. Sandra put together a wonderful story bringing us and our guests through a lot of emotions…from happiness, excitement, laughter. She captured those feeling so beautifully in her own, but also in our words. We were truly blessed to have met her, we are still having goosebumps thinking about this wonderful moment that has changed our lives forever." Irina & Chris, NYC

Abigail · Married on 07/03/2016

We definitely made the right choice when we decided to have Reverend Sandra Bargman officiate our wedding at the Crooked Lake House in Averill Park, New York. I initially thought it would be difficult to choose an officiant without meeting in person, but I was wrong. My husband and I were able to “meet” Sandra through video chat and it really felt as though we were sitting in the same room with her. We quickly became very comfortable speaking with her and greatly appreciated her genuine interest, compassion, and understanding. We could tell that she was committed to helping us make our vision for our wedding day become a reality.
    Sandra helped us feel very comfortable and prepared for the ceremony. It is extremely helpful to know what to expect on such an important day. We received numerous compliments after the wedding about our officiant. It felt good to know that not only were we very happy with Sandra and our ceremony, but so were our guests. Input from others included that Reverend Sandra is very well-spoken, she created a very personalized and beautiful ceremony, she easily and graciously adapted to unforeseen circumstances (noisy boaters during the ceremony), and had a calming, comforting presence. Reverend Sandra exceeded our expectations and helped us create wonderful memories that will last a lifetime. We are forever grateful to her.

Rob · Married on 04/02/2016

"Among the many beautiful gifts we received at our wedding, the greatest and most valuable gift of all was being led into our married life by the wondrous Sandra. No one could have put together a more loving, embracing, meaningful, funny, and FUN ceremony. And the girl can SING! A million thank you's!"
    -Rob W. & Tom T.

Lauren · Married on 09/06/2014

From the moment we met Sandra, my (now) husband and I knew Sandra would be our officiant. She has a calming aura and was truly determined to understand who we were as individuals and as a couple so she could develop a ceremony that would be everything we imagined and more. She took our ideas and perfected them, turning them into reality. We could not imagine the ceremony, or the day, being any more perfect. We love Sandra and so will you!

Kelsey · Married on 07/12/2014

My new husband and I could not have asked for a better officiant for our wedding than Sandra. She's really wonderful at what she does and she's also just a lovely and graceful person to work with.

Sandra was the perfect person to help us design a ceremony that was truly "us." Neither my husband nor I have strong religious ties, but nonetheless we wanted our wedding to be meaningful and to signify what the day meant for us. We really appreciated her approach; our initial meeting was in a cozy pub, and we found that though we're both fairly introverted people, it was very easy to open up to Sandra. She followed up with a detailed questionnaire that we filled out together, which asked us about our love story and encouraged us to think deeply about the things that we love about each other. This material essentially became our wedding vows, which were just perfect - this was a great process that allowed us to come up with personalized vows that we would have struggled to write ourselves!

The ceremony included special personalized rituals that Sandra helped us come up with (a beautiful handfasting ceremony, honoring our parents with a bouquet of flowers, and toasting to loved ones who couldn't be with us). Our wedding guests were coming up to us all night telling us how beautiful and touching the ceremony was - even guests that we didn't know so well commented that we were a really lovely couple and they could tell how much we love each other. I credit Sandra for really showcasing this, because that's what it's all about after all!

Sandra is a great "performer" in that she has a lovely voice, a calming presence, and the ability to make the crowd both laugh and cry. But I hesitate to use that word because you can tell that she is genuine and she really cares about the couples that she marries. You really can't go wrong because Sandra is all about designing a ceremony that reflects you as a couple. I'm forever grateful to her for making our day so special!

B · Married on 06/09/2012

We are so happy we selected Reverend Sandra Bargman to officiate our wedding. She created and confidently performed a very personal, loving and beautiful ceremony. After several phone conversations and emails earlier in the year we met with Sandra and two other potential Ministers in March when we made a planning trip to New York City in advance of our June wedding. We live in Atlanta so it was important that we use the time wisely while we were in New York. We were fortunate that we liked each of the Ministers we met with on that trip but we felt a special bond with Sandra. While this was clearly the most important and most personal of all the wedding decisions we had to make we felt confident enough to make the decision on the spot and asked Sandra to officiate our wedding ceremony. We absolutely made the right decision. During that March meeting Sandra asked questions and listened carefully to all we had to say about ourselves, our 26 year relationship, our families and our hopes and plans for our wedding. Later when she wrote the words she would be speaking at the ceremony she incorporated all the pertinent and personal details we shared with her that day. The ceremony was wonderfully personalized and we had a beautiful wedding. The ceremony was attended by 60 family members and friends. It was held outdoors on a beautiful terrace seven stories above Broadway, overlooking Times Square. We had discovered the terrace when we first met 26 years before. While the venue was very special to us and the view spectacular it is the loving, personal and beautiful ceremony that we will always remember. Sandra deserves all the credit for having created the feeling of love that surrounded the ceremony. Our memories of our wedding will forever we wrapped in that feeling. Sandra we love you and we are so very thankful.

Drew · Married on 04/21/2012

"Sandra performed our wedding ceremony at Haig Point
    on Daufuskie Island in April.
    Our wedding day was PERFECT, in no small part because of the ceremony that she put together.
    She was everything that we wished for and so much more!
    Sandra takes the time to genuinely hear your love story and expertly weaves it into the perfect, heartfelt, emotional ceremony!
    You know from the moment that you meet with her that she feels true joy in hearing about your love.... and that joy is felt by all as she officiates your ceremony.
    She has an amazing energy and our wedding was truly an event
    that we (or any of our guests) will never forget!
    Thank you, Sandra! We love you!"
                - Misty and Drew