Reverend Mark E. Frady Reviews

156 | South Lake Tahoe, CA

156 Reviews for Reverend Mark E. Frady

Katie · Married on 07/08/2016

Mark Frady did an excellent job officiating our wedding in July 2016. He made us feel very comfortable, balancing the right amount of humor and seriousness for our wedding, and he was able to handle a large family and wedding party with ease. He created a beautiful ceremony script for us and was open to all of the revisions that we suggested to make it feel like our own. We are really pleased with our whole experience with Mark and are glad that we chose him as our officiant. Thanks Mark for helping to start our marriage off great! We're looking forward to keeping in touch with him over the years.

Sent on 07/18/2016

Derick · Married on 07/08/2016

Mark Frady did an excellent job officiating our wedding in July 2016. He made us feel very comfortable, balancing the right amount of humor and seriousness for our wedding, and he was able to handle a large family and wedding party with ease. He created a beautiful ceremony script for us and was open to all of the revisions that we suggested to make it feel like our own. We are really pleased with our whole experience with Mark and are glad that we chose him as our officiant. One thing that sets him apart is that he is willing to have an ongoing relationship and help us through any difficult times we experience down the road. Thanks Mark for helping to start our marriage off great!

Sent on 07/28/2016
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 06/26/2016

Just wanted to write a review to let everyone know how great Mark is. Many of our guests said that our ceremony was one of the most enjoyable ceremonies ever. He is a great speaker and really helped us write vows that fit our personalities and our beliefs. James and I are not religious, but Mark is so open minded and accepting of all people. I love being able to re-read our vows and relive the day. I can't wait to display them in our new home.

We also really enjoyed taking the marriage class with him before our wedding, and feel like we learned tools that will help us have a marriage full of honesty and communication. We plan to look at the book and redo chapters from time to time.

Mark also was very helpful and patient during our very crazy year and went above and beyond when we needed extra help with some very important things! Lots of oops on our part involved. We are so thankful that you took extra time for us. Thank you!

Sent on 08/01/2016

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Jennifer and James...thank you so much for your kind words. It means a lot to me that you were so happy with everything...the ceremony, the class. It was a beautiful day at a beautiful venue...The Twenty Mile House. Mark

Stephanie · Married on 05/28/2016

We could not have asked for a better officiant for our wedding. He had an amazing attention to detail when it came to writing our ceremony scripts and allowed us to incorporate elements that we wanted into it. He was willing to assist in any way he could when it came to the ceremony and events within the ceremony. He communicated with the vendors informing them of what needed to be done and the order of the ceremony events. He also told everyone where to be and when, making the rehearsal as smooth as it could have been with the attendees. Thank you so much Mark for the time you took to make our wedding as amazing as it could be!

Sent on 07/26/2016

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Stephanie and Patrick...it was my pleasure, joy and honor to be allowed to officiate your wedding...thank you for your kind words

Melissa · Married on 05/14/2016

Rev Mark Frady was fantastic as our wedding officiant. We had a little bit of a challenge finding someone to marry us since we were getting married out of state and after contacting many who were not a good fit, I ran across some reviews for Rev Mark and he sounded like a good fit. After first speaking with him, I knew that I wanted him to perform our ceremony. As luck would have it, he had a cancellation for our wedding day. He was very easy to deal with and the process was very simple. He had us fill out a detailed questionnaire as to better get to know us so that he could craft our ceremony to reflect us. Once we get back the rough draft of the ceremony, we realized that we wanted to customize it even more. Rev Mark had no problem whatsoever with all of our changes. He was great at the rehearsal and keep everyone laughing in freezing temps. He did a wonderful job on the ceremony and while had his iPad in front of him (in a book looking cover even!), it did not seem like he read it at all and was able to include some funny and poignant lines. He also kept everyone laughing when happy tears started to pop up. He even gave both sets of parents are souvenir copy of our wedding ceremony. He also takes care of the turning in the marriage certificate. Additionally he offers classes before or after your wedding.
    I would recommend him to other couples, he will make sure your ceremony is just how you want it!

Sent on 08/08/2016

Julia · Married on 05/12/2016

Mark has a charm and sense of humor that's very helpful during the planning of a wedding. Our wedding was planned in just six weeks and Mark was very responsive and helpful. He did a phone interview, sent us materials that were helpful in getting married in Nevada, changing my name and coordinating other services. He even met us at the court house. He was amazing during the ceremony. He really made our day extra special.

Sent on 05/28/2016

Allison · Married on 03/12/2016

Don't even think twice about going with Mr. Frady. We contacted him a month and a half before our wedding because our other officiant fell through. Within 2 weeks we had our final ceremony script! Even though we only knew Mark for 6 weeks it had felt like forever. He is so sweet, accommodating and so easy to talk to. He definitely keeps things entertaining during the service and had a us and our guests laughing throughout. He kept it short and sweet and a lot of our guests said it was one of the best ceremonies they had been to. They even thought he was my childhood pastor because the ceremony felt so personal. You get more than an officiant with him. He gives you a souvenir booklet of your ceremony, a free 8 week marriage enrichment class and free marriage counseling for LIFE! We couldn't have made a better decision.

Sent on 05/24/2016

Melanie · Married on 03/03/2016

Mark was absolutely wonderful. What a warm and caring person. The ability to do pre-wedding marriage communication classes with him was very nice and gave us a chance to meet other couples he was officiating for in the future or even couples that he did officiate for in the past and they were just returning to do the class with him again . He always lets you know he is there for you as a couple in the future too , not just for one day, and it showed in his relationship with those such couples. Definitely one of the best finds for my husband and I who were getting married in a different state.

Sent on 07/27/2016

Amanda · Married on 01/09/2016

Reverend Mark was a blessing to have marry us! He truly cares about his couples, and even offers a pre-marital class (via Skype if needed!). This class was incredible, enlightening, and inspiring. Mark teaches his couples how to be the best husbands and wives they can be, and how to reconcile with one another when we stumble. This class was a great opportunity for Rev. Mark to get to know my husband and I, and the time spent with Mark truly made our ceremony unique and intimate. It felt like we had known him for years. Rev Mark took our wishes into account when creating our personalized and unique wedding ceremony; we could not have been happier when we read them. Our ceremony was romantic, funny, and truly captured the essence of us as a couple.

Thank you Reverend Mark for making our wedding a dream come true. We are so lucky to have found you, and could not have asked for more!

Sent on 09/04/2016

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Thank you Amanda and Cordell for this glowing review. The only thing you did not mention (thank you), so I will tell on myself, was that during all of the classes together, we never talked about how to pronounce your last name...then during your wedding ceremony, I mispronounced it...the former Miss Faucher!

Janelle · Married on 12/18/2015

Reverend Mark was wonderful! He was recommended to us by our venue event coordinator, and also was the officiate for my sister-in-law's wedding. I would recommend him any day!

Sent on 07/30/2016

Reverend Mark was amazingly helpful. This was a destination wedding, so we didn't have much time to meet with Reverend Mark before hand. He still made it special and personal.

Sent on 11/29/2015

Ashley · Married on 10/24/2015

We first saw Rev. Mark at work at a friend's wedding in Tahoe. I got in touch with Rev. Mark about 4 months prior to our wedding, when we found out that our church could not provide the officiant services we required. From minute one Mark was kind, lovely, and easy to work with. He created a ceremony that was extremely personal, yet sparkly and full of personality. He handles things that come up on the fly with grace, style, and a sense of humor, including our unusual vows.

I would highly recommend Mark to anyone looking for a fun officiant. The feedback we received on our wedding was largely around how amazing our ceremony was - which to my knowledge is quite unique! I'd also like to add that the bride and groom were both in tears at the first wedding we saw Mark at, and he got them laughing so they could get through their vows with ease. All in all - amazing work!

Sent on 10/31/2015
  • I

Isaiah · Married on 10/17/2015

Mark E. Frady is very passionate about what he does and his passion comes through in a very beautiful way. We were fortunate to have been referred to Mark and to have him officiate our wedding. It was the first time getting married for both my wife and I, and Mark exceeded every expectation and vision of what we aspired the ceremony to be. He is kind, sincere, fun, easy going, professional, and made us feel very relaxed. He was in contact throughout the process and provided us with a lot of information leading up to the wedding that helped immensely. He was awesome to work with and a joy to get to know.

Thank you again Mark for your contribution to making our day a special and memorable one! We can't wait to take your class!

Isaiah and Yanzy Melendez

Sent on 12/28/2015

Lindsay · Married on 10/11/2015

Mark was great! We selected him because he is very personable and he offers a marriage webinar course for free. Overall very happy and would definitely recommend Mark.

Sent on 10/18/2015

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Lindsay and Ed are such a pleasant, charming couple to be around...I cannot wait to see the pictures of the wedding, especially the "crossed swords recessional"...thank you two for allowing me to be a part of your special day! Sorry I had to leave early, but one more wedding couple was waiting for me!
  • User6209858 · 2+ years ago

Mark was great from the first phone call we had with him. To planning and walking us thru the time lines of the ceremony. He was very personable. He made it a point to not only get to know us thru phone calls and Skype. But also took the time to get to know our immediate family at our rehearsal dinner. My wife and I could not have been more happy with Mark from start to finish. Our guests still comment on what a wonderful job he did. We could not be more grateful that he was our officiant. He made our wedding ceremony a joyous and fun time for ourselves and our guests.

Sent on 01/14/2016

Gillian · Married on 08/08/2015

Mark was SUCH a pleasure to work with. He went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable and at ease on our wedding day. He met with us beforehand for about two full hours, answered any questions we had extremely promptly vie email (for months leading up to our wedding), ran the rehearsal ceremony and, finally, performed a beautiful ceremony for us on the day-of. He even sent me the script to review and edit prior to the ceremony with tons of suggested readings to choose from. We had so many guests tell us it was the most beautiful ceremony they'd been to. We chose to have Mark keep it short and sweet, with a few punchy bits for humor's sake throughout--and he nailed it. The vibe was exactly what we wanted. I would highly recommend working with Mark on your wedding day.

Sent on 08/16/2015

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Thank you Gillian and Matt...watching you two look at each other with loving eyes, the whole ceremony, was very touching for me. As far as I was concerned, the whole way was a huge success.

Jeff · Married on 06/23/2015

Easy going, kept it light while being professional

Sent on 08/21/2015

Thanks Jeff and Tara...what a great venue "the Hideout" near Kirkwood, CA

It's very hard to put into words just how incredible Mark was for us - before the wedding, during the wedding, and after the wedding! He has made a tremendously positive impact on our relationship and our lives! He was super attentive, involved, helpful and supportive. We loved his marriage class, we loved everything about Mark. We will never forget how wonderful it was to have Mark in our lives during one of the most exciting times of our lives. He also was our officiant on his birthday, so of course we sang him Happy Birthday on our special day! We love you, Mark! You are truly the best, one of a kind, and an inspiration to all of us. Thank you so, so much for everything - for guiding us in your marriage class, for being there whenever we need, for surprising us with gorgeous framed vows on our wedding day, for following up with us afterwards, for EVERYTHING! XOXO

Sent on 06/23/2016

Megan · Married on 05/09/2015

Mark is an absolute gem! We got so incredibly lucky by booking him to officiate our ceremony. We completely went off of reviews and we are so glad we did. He added sincerity, humor and the ceremony flowed so well. I can't tell you how many compliments we have received about Mark. We would choose him again in a heart beat. He was very easy to get ahold of via email or phone. He followed up on everything we asked of him. Overall, he added so much to our day. We really got lucky choosing him! He allowed us to have some control over what was said and had some beautiful poems to choose from.

Sent on 07/06/2015

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Thank you Megan and Tom...you were so much fun to be with. It was a special day for sure! I would love to be present (in a heart beat) for whenever you want to renew your vows (in 5 years?)...at no charge!

Michelle · Married on 11/29/2014

It would be difficult to write a review for Mark that isn't overly flowery. Sometimes reviews are too good to be true. Mark is just as good and authentic as they come. My husband and I had a short engagement and a very small and private ceremony for family, which we envisioned to be incredibly intimate and personalized. For knowing him over a little amount of time, Mark felt like family. We first met with Mark privately over a long breakfast and knew that he was the right fit for us. His playful humor and sincere sensibility.. his ability to listen and to storytell... his spiritual awareness. Mark will have his couples involved in crafting the ceremony at whatever capacity they want to be. He provided us a first draft well in advance and we met over a couple of Skype calls to discuss. We could always depend on him to be responsive and on time. Apart from the time and effort in writing and revising our ceremony with notes, Mark exceeded expectations with so many other small sweet surprises...(you'll see!) He spoils his brides and grooms. We feel fortunate to have found him. He will be a friend and also valuable resource as a counselor in our journey moving forward.

Sent on 01/13/2015

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Dearest Michelle and Wayne...well, that was a bit "overly flowery" but thank you so much. Let's do breakfast again soon!

Mark is great. Simple! I read the reviews on this site before contacting him and thought they must be exaggerated, but no!
    He was incredibly helpful and responsive during the run up to the wedding - helping us avoid delays in getting our licence and certificate, going to the licensing office with us twice, bearing with us very patiently when we changed the rehearsal time etc.
    The "pre" wedding course Mark takes his couples through is also a huge bonus and we are getting a lot from it. In addition he is always there to talk to us if we need him and goes out of his way to be available. He really does go above and beyond and clearly loves what he does, which is always a pleasure to see and experience.
    As for the actual ceremony, it was brilliant - very moving but also fun, with room for our personalities, not stuffy at all. All our guests commented on how great it was and how wonderful Mark had been.
    In short, I'm so glad we chose to work with Mark and I'm so grateful to have him in my life as we navigate a new marriage and all the changes that entails.

Sent on 12/22/2014

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Thank you K. and A. It was such a joy to have been a part of your special day, and to know that we are friends and can count on each other. You are two wonderful people, and I cherish our relationship!

Mark was the BEST!!! With him as our officiant, our ceremony was better than we could have imagined. It contained all elements from heart felt to humorous to one of a kind. We could not be happier with the job Mark did. He also offers 6 classes on how to have a successful marriage as park of his package. Mark really takes the time to get to know so when you have your wedding, you feel like your talking to a friend. Thank you for everything Mark!!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Jackie and Ted...thank you for the kind words. Don't be strangers...keep in touch!

Highly Recommend!!!!!!!!
    He was so warm, welcoming, and personable we had many of our guests ask us how long we had known him. I had only spoken with Reverend Mark a few times through email before our wedding. The vows he wrote for us were heartfelt, closely described us at the same time he knew how much humor to mix in at just the right times during the ceremony. We even had another vendor ask for Reverend Mark's contact information as he was one of the best ministers they had seen.

Sent on 10/20/2014

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Thank you for your review E. and A. --- I thought that the Ritz, as a venue, did an outstanding job. I am always very impressed with their attentiveness, service, and assistance. They made it a great day for the two of you. I'm glad that you liked my part of it. Don't be strangers!

Shannon · Married on 08/09/2014

My husband and I contacted Mark about a year early for our wedding, got everything taken care of early. He stayed in contact with us regularly, met with us, came to rehearsal. He was very fun to work with, did everything the way we asked. We are not the most religious people so he made us very comfortable by removing some of the more religious parts which I was very appreciated. Everyone at the wedding loved the ceremony he was funny and amazing <3 I wouldn't change a thing and there is not another officiant I would recommend. He did such a wonderful job.

Sent on 08/17/2014

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Shannon and Ben...it was a great day. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of it, and thank you for submitting a review!

From start to finish, Mark Frady offers a personal touch; from the first meeting, to meeting you in Carson to apply for the wedding license, to the ceremony, and then even sending the final legal license.
    We received so many compliments about the ceremony, specifically how personal the ceremony was yet we did not know Mark Frady previously.
    We could not have dreamt of a better ceremony and we look forward to keeping in touch with Mark in the future.

Sent on 08/31/2014