Reverend Mark E. Frady Reviews

156 | South Lake Tahoe, CA

156 Reviews for Reverend Mark E. Frady

• Megan

Megan F. · Getting married on 02/09/2022

Mark was an absolute dream to work with!!!

I can't begin to express how thankful we are that our wedding planner found Mark to officiate our ceremony. After having to reschedule our wedding three times due to COVID we opted to elope with a small ceremony in Lake Tahoe. Although the day was not what we originally planned, it turned out better than we could've imagined and we are so thankful for Mark for his words and advice that allowed us to truly focus on our love and on the Lord during our ceremony. Upon meeting Mark you'll find that he is incredibly down to earth and one of those people you feel like you've known forever. On top of it all, he was incredibly helpful with the logistics and paperwork of everything both before and after the wedding. He is truly one of a kind and I would recommend him to anyone getting married in the Lake Tahoe/Reno area!

Sent on 10/07/2020

Robert S. · Getting married on 06/09/2021

Beautiful ceremony that changed the course of a rough day

From our first meeting where we got to know Mark to the ceremony he performed everything was fantastic! With our wedding at the top of a mountain on what was a chilly day our guests got off to a rough start when the aerial tram that was supposed to take them to the top broke down. Our guests got the unique experience of taking shuttle buses up a dirt access road on the side of the mountain instead where they were dropped off outside in the cold for the ceremony. Mark - despite having to endure the same "unique experience" to get to the ceremony - delivered a beautiful ceremony (included at no extra charge were improvised quips about the tram breaking down that made our guests chuckle). We got many compliments from our guests about what a beautiful ceremony Mark performed - despite the fact all of them had a rough start to their evening. Thank you Mark for changing the course of our special day and putting it on a more positive trajectory!

We've also been attending the group course Mark offers and have been very impressed. It has forced us to ask each other some difficult questions and broach some uncomfortable topics on our own. Anyone considering taking the course should be aware - it's not going to be easy if you're honest with each other. Despite that we both feel it has helped strengthen our relationship and has provided a really strong framework for us to work through any issues that may arise in our marriage going forward. Would encourage anyone on the fence about taking the course to take it - Mark has once again been wonderful.

Thanks again for everything Mark !

Sent on 10/10/2019

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Thank you Robert and Jessica...yes it was a rough start, but also an adventure to tell that no one else can tell.

Heidi H. · Married on 12/09/2020

Excellent officiant for your big day!!

Reverend Mark Frady is by far the best officiant I have worked with over my many years as a wedding coordinator. He took the time to get to know the couple & personalize the ceremony according to their style/preference. He was timely, professional, & very personable to all. He worked alongside me & my team to create a seamless ceremony. Mark also did an impeccable job handling all the necessary paperwork, post event. I would highly recommend Reverend Mark to all!

Sent on 09/18/2020

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Thank you Heidi...It was a pleasure and my honor to work with such a professional!!! You had everything moving on a timely and efficient manner. Great job...it would be great fun to work with you again some time.

Sara · Married on 10/15/2020

Very helpful

Mark did a good job putting together our ceremony. He responded promptly when I had questions.

Sent on 10/19/2020
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 10/10/2020

Wonderful!

Mark E. Frady is absolutely wonderful! He really took the time to help us figure out how we wanted to set the tone of our wedding. He offers an optional premarital class (highly recommend, it really helped us with communication and expectations for each other.)
    Mark is a wonderful speaker, we've had more realatives and friends ask us for his information than we ever expected. I'm very grateful that he was able to marry us where we wanted. He's an absolute gem and very communicative. He really took the time to make sure we were comfortable with what was being said and our vows.

Sent on 01/03/2021

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Morgan and Christian...thank you so much for such a nice review. It was my pleasure and joy to be a part of your special day. I hope that we can stay in contact. Mark

Nguyen · Married on 08/08/2020

Reverend Mark E. Frady

Mark was a blessing to our wedding. We made countless changes and he was beyond professional, courteous, and very helpful. He knew exactly what would help make our day special and less stressful. We would recommend him in a heart beat.

Sent on 08/15/2020
  • Aysha

Aysha · Married on 11/30/2019

A ceremony to remember

Choosing Reverend Mark Frady to officiate our Lake Tahoe wedding was the best decision we made. Mark is a welcoming, patient, and magnanimous man. He hosted a remarkable ceremony and made both of our families feel so welcomed. Moreover, Mark prepared a wonderful officiation that flowed very well and brought warmth to our special day. From initially meeting Mark to getting married, Mark walked us step-by-step through this potentially complicated process and made it easier than ever. At no point during our wedding planning did we once worry about wedding logistics during or after the wedding. Mark guided us and treated us like we were his son and daughter. We highly recommend Mark with five stars!

Sent on 12/02/2019

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Thank you Aysha and Mike...I would be proud to call you to my son and daughter. And thank you for allowing me to me a part of your special day. You two were brilliantly gleaming during the whole ceremony. Mark

Tia C. · Married on 11/30/2019

Mark was fantastic!!! We enjoyed having him be a very special part of our day!!

Mark was so easy to coordinate and plan our ceremony. He was fun to work with and made the experience special and sweet! We are so glad we met him and he was part of our special day.

Sent on 12/03/2019

Bart B. · Married on 11/30/2019

Great day with Mark

Mark was extremely responsive and he was able to accommodate an earlier wedding for me and my new wife. Due to a major snow storm, we had to leave in a rush to beat the storm. Mark provided a memorable day with his kind words and special poem that was perfect for the moment.

Bart Bitner

Sent on 12/03/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer R. · Married on 11/02/2019

Mark made our day perfect ♥️

Mark was the most amazing part of our wedding! He is kind and well spoken, and truly cares about his couples. We feel as we’ve known him for years. Our elopement ceremony was perfect, and he really did make our entire day. He can build a ceremony around exactly what you want. He gave us everything we wanted and more. Again, we couldn’t have found a more perfect person to officiate our wedding ceremony.

Sent on 11/04/2019

Angelica M. · Married on 09/01/2019

I give Mark ten stars!

Mark was called by last minute to perform our wedding and he was able to give us a beautiful wedding ceremony. He was professional and caring throughout our whole experience with him. He made us feel comfortable and calmed us as we had came into so many struggles the day of our wedding. He was also kind enough to stop by our home to drop off our paperwork that we will need for name changes. All in all he saved the day and made it a beautiful one for the records. Thank you!

Sent on 09/03/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 08/31/2019

Is there a 100 star option?

Reverend Frady was everything I could have wanted and more. We had never met in person until the wedding and my husband and I felt like we had known him for years! The ceremony was a perfect mixture of humor, emotion, and seriousness. I am not religious but my husband comes from a Catholic family and Mark did such an amazing job of balancing what we each wanted. We had so many compliments on him after the ceremony. Not to mention, your relationship with him does not end after your wedding. Reverend Frady is committed to walking the journey of marriage with you and your spouse for as long as you’d like. I feel so lucky to have met him and have him be a part of our special day. Book him. You will not regret it!

Sent on 09/11/2019

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Katie and Manny...I am the one to feel so lucky to have met the two of you, and to be the one you chose to be your officiant. And yes, you are right, I am "yours" forever...never hesitate to contact me if you need me. I pray blessings on you both and your marriage. Mark

Christine F. · Married on 08/02/2019

Such an amazing job!!!

I loved having Mark officiate our wedding. He was really great throughout the process. We were a little hesitate but ended up taking his marriage class too prior to the wedding and ended up really enjoying it and getting to know more about each other!!! It also made the wedding day nice as we were comfortable with Mark. He could tell that we were nervous during the ceremony and really took time to make it more personal and make us laugh. We had so many compliments from family and friends about how personal and yet relaxed the ceremony was. He really took our input for what worked for us for the ceremony and made it everything we wanted!!!! I highly recommend Mark as your officiant he did such an amazing job!!!!

Sent on 08/16/2019
  • April

April O. · Married on 07/05/2019

Amazing! Best day ever!

Mark was wonderful! We Skyped with him prior to our wedding since it was a destination wedding. He made our ceremony personal and entertaining for our guests and my fiancé (now husband) Matt and I. He had great energy, prayed with us before our ceremony and was very laid back. We are likely bias but it was the best wedding ever!

Sent on 07/16/2019

Misty C. · Married on 07/04/2019

Awesome, very friendly

Was very patient with our last minute surprise wedding.

Sent on 07/23/2019

Shima · Married on 06/30/2019

Made everything run smoothly!

Mark was great! He was friendly, professional, and officiated my wedding beautifully which is all I could ask for. All my family said he was great. He even helped me out when my veil was blowing around in the wind during the beginning of the ceremony by tucking it so it doesn’t blow around which I appreciated! Thank you Mark! I highly recommend him :)

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Thank you Shima for your kind words. The two of you looked so beautiful (handsome) and it was a great day. I wish the two of you all the very best. Mark
  • Kathleen

Kathleen · Married on 06/22/2019

Mark is as good as they come!

Mark was absolutely wonderful every step of the way. His premarital counseling course is extremely beneficial (which we plan on continuing even now that the wedding is over), and he made our ceremony perfect for us—it was very much tailored to us as a couple. All of our guests said it was the best ceremony they’ve ever been to, and I’d have to agree. We could not have asked for anyone better to marry us, and Mark truly made an effort to get to know us on a personal level. To us, choosing the right officiant was one of the most important aspects of the wedding planning, and I can say that we, without a doubt, succeeded. We couldn’t be happier with our choice—thank you Mark! We look
    forward to our future counseling sessions with you!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Thank you Kathleen and Jeff. It was truly an honor for me to be able to be with the two of you on your wedding day. If there is anything that I can do to help you transition to your new home, please let me know. See you soon.

Allison · Married on 06/21/2019

We loved our experience!

We are so happy we chose Mark to officiate our wedding! Our wedding was a destination wedding, but we had the chance to meet Mark once beforehand and then through his webinar class (which we really enjoyed). Mark is such a great man and you feel like you've known him your whole life the minute you meet. Our ceremony was full of love, humor, great advice and words of wisdom. We will cherish our wedding ceremony forever. Thank you Mark!!

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Allison and Ryan...I am so glad that you were happy with your ceremony. And thank you for your beautiful words in your review. Hugs and blessings, Mark

Andrew B. · Married on 06/08/2019

Mark is Awesome!

Mark was an incredible, genuine and memorable part of our special day. My wife & I really felt comfortable with Mark, from the first time we met and we began to know each other. Obviously Mark is providing a service, but we never felt like just another client. Our day was specially tailored to our expectations and desires. Mark really won us, and our guests over. I received many compliments after the ceremony about how funny, genuine & memorable Mark was. Thank you for setting such an amazing tone for the rest of the day Mark! We’re also looking forward to the classes =)

Megan · Married on 05/24/2019

Mark is amazing!

Reverend Mark was AMAZING! He was everything that we wanted to have as our officiant. We found him pretty soon after we got engaged and he was always there for us whenever we had questions throughout the year. His marriage class was also amazing, and he’s so flexible with everything. We are very thankful to have had him be a part of our wedding day - he made the ceremony so special. He cracked us up and made the whole crowd laugh. We felt so comfortable around him, and we were sad to have him go after the ceremony. We HIGHLY recommend having Mark as your officiant (and marriage counselor as well!!!) thank you so much Mark!! Love, Logan and Megan

Sent on 05/25/2019
  • Cheryle

Cheryle · Married on 03/16/2019

Best minister ever

Mark is the best, he made our wedding so fun and special. He fit in with all our friends and family and made them feel like they were all a special part of the day. Everyone is still talking about him. He is amazing, we are so glad he was able to be a part of our day. He was so much fun and was a great help with everything.

Sent on 03/20/2019

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Cheryle and Ben...thank you for the kind words. You planned to have the wedding in the perfect venue...The Genoa Community Church in Genoa, Nevada...quaint, antique (I did not want to say "old") and exactly what you wanted. Thank you also for allowing me to be a part of your special day.
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 11/03/2018

We love Reverend Mark!!

Reverend Mark was amazing!!! We had him for our wedding in November. We had asked for a Christain based ceremony, and it had perfect parts for faith, seriousness, and he also balanced it with some fun suprises (which I had told him that was fine). I received so many compliments on how well he balanced the seriousness and importance of getting married but also made it fun for everyone. People told me that it felt like they were also renewing our vows. Reverend Mark is such a nice and thoughtful man, gave us a whole packet of advice and what to do for name changing, etc, and also offers a marriage counseling course. Mark- thank you so much for the most amazing and rememberable wedding!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Morgan and Chase...I am really glad that you liked your ceremony, and that your families were also pleased...thank you for your kind words. Mark
  • Carly

Carly · Married on 09/29/2018

Great officiant

My husband and I are so glad we chose Mark to officiate our wedding! He was very personable, friendly to our family and friends, and all our guests loved him! He offered a pre-marriage course you can take which helps to give little tips and tricks to make your future marriage great and also allows you to get to know Mark better so it's not just some stranger marrying you. He lets you review and modify your ceremony script to your liking and he has a great personality so there were little adlibbed jokes and funny remarks throughout to make it more light hearted and interesting. If we could choose all over again we'd still pick Mark. And he offers to provide marriage guidance even after you get married if you ever needed it. What more could you ask for :)

Sent on 12/27/2018
  • Erin

Erin A. · Married on 09/20/2018

Very helpful and knowledgable

My husband and I signed up for one of Mark's packages that did not include his 8 week class. He was kind enough to add the class for us anyway. It was really great to get to know Mark during those 8 weeks and made meeting him the day before the wedding feel really relaxed. We knew we could trust him to make our experience great.

Mark came up with our vows for us which were exactly what we were looking for. He sent us his whole script for the wedding and allowed us to send feedback for what we liked and if we wanted anything removed.

He helped us stay relaxed on the big day and really felt like an old friend.

Would highly recommend his services for anyone local or coming from out of town like we were.

Sent on 11/07/2018

Reverend Mark E. Frady's reply:

Erin and Sean...it was really great to get the know the two of you also. What a great wedding at Edgewood!!!! And the two of you were looking at each other during the ceremony, with eyes filled with love. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your special day and thank you for your kind words.
  • bobbileighba

Bobbileigh · Married on 06/22/2018

Mark was absolutely fantastic. He personalized everything exactly as we wanted, but also added so many sweet and funny moments that got a good laugh out of everyone. Our ceremony was beautiful and our guests all mentioned how lovely it was. The fact that Mark also clearly cares about the marriage beyond just the day of is a huge bonus and just helps you feel supported on the day of. Strongly recommend to anyone in need of a great guy to deliver on a beautiful wedding ceremony.

Sent on 06/30/2018