Reverend Joy Burke Reviews

Reverend Joy Burke 5
  • Amy

Amy Mcguire · Getting married on 01/10/2021

Beautiful Ceremony

My husband and I planned our wedding in 4 days. I found Joy online after we got our marriage license and she had availability on the Friday we wanted. She welcomed our son and us into her home and performed the most beautiful, special ceremony. Afterwards she brought out her sweet dogs Penny and Hannah, whom our son absolutely adored! Thank you Joy for being so accommodating and kind. It was an unforgettable ceremony.

Sent on 10/30/2019

Reverend Joy Burke's reply:

Amy and Scott, your wedding was proof that you can have a beautiful and sacred ceremony without all the bells and whistles. All you need is love and a marriage license and a little bit of magic. It was my delight to welcome you and your son to my home. Hannah and Penelope have not stopped talking about how nice your son is!
  • Janelle

Janelle Rice · Married on 10/10/2019

We can speak highly enough! Our guests asked how many YEARS we had been friends!

Joy is amazing! She knows exactly how to capture a one of a kind ceremony that is perfectly tailored to the couple. She knows exactly what to ask in order to create a perfect summary of each couple's love story. She is patient and has a wealth of knowledge and experience. She is capable of doing all types (religious, casual, personal, ritual oriented, etc, ceremonies). We were in awe of how many of our guests thought she was a friend for years or the pastor of our church!! You wont go wrong with Joy!

Sent on 10/14/2019

Reverend Joy Burke's reply:

Janelle, you made my day with your kind words. It was such a delight to get to know you and Josh and officiate your wedding ceremony at the Mansion last week. Wishing you both a lifetime of blessings of health and happiness. xoxo-Joy
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 10/05/2019

Wonderful Officiant!

I found Joy on Wedding Wire for our October 5th 2019 wedding. I reached out to Joy about 2 years prior, wanting to lock her in based on amazing reviews. Right away, she was so pleasant and beyond helpful with the whole process. She has amazing examples of vows, readings, etc to help you create your own special ceremony and vows.

I grew up in Saratoga Springs, but live in Virginia now. Despite not being close, Joy was available by phone whenever needed, and when my husband and I went up to NY for vacation, we stopped by her wonderful home to touch base a few months before.

We had some characters in our wedding party (mainly, the groomsmen :P) and Joy THANKFULLY kept them in line haha! As the bride I had enough to worry about.

Our ceremony was magical. Afterwards, I had numerous people come up to me asking about Joy and how they were blown away by her readings, presence, and how she contributed to making that moment so special for us.

Joy is a bit pricier than some other officiants that I have seen, or compared with other brides. But she is so worth it, and you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/25/2019

Reverend Joy Burke's reply:

Katie and Danny, working with you for two years was a delight! Your families were so wonderful and your groomsmen were a hoot! It is my greatest honor to have been the one to create your beautifully unique ceremony and to pronounce you husband and wife. Many blessings to you both. xoxoxo

Leah Hjort · Married on 07/21/2019

Incredible!

Joy- I'm sorry this is so delayed. I can't thank you enough for what you provided Frank and I on our wedding day. For only speaking with us a few times prior to, the ceremony your wrote was spot on, it seemed like you'd known us a lifetime! I would highly recommend your services and hope that other couples hire you in order to enjoy the experience as much as we did. Thanks again!!

Sent on 10/03/2019

Reverend Joy Burke's reply:

Leah and Frank, yours was a truly beautiful story and it was my greatest honor to be the one to affirm your commitment as husband and wife. Wishing you all the best for a glorious future. xoxo-Joy
  • Eric

Eric Tisaj · Married on 06/14/2019

Amazing officiant

Thank you Joy for making the ceremony for my bride and I the ceremony we asked for. Joy put our story, blessing, and incorporated two readers and our mothers in the ceremony. She was perfect and efficient. She had a nice touch and did everything we had asked for. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 06/16/2019

Reverend Joy Burke's reply:

Eric and Stacey, yours is a wedding I will always remember. You it was beautiful and sacred and your moms were delightful. Much love to you both.
  • Kristine

Kristine Miller · Married on 05/04/2019

French connection

Joy was wonderful! We had extenuating circumstances and had to rearrange the wedding date. She was very flexible and accommodating!

Reverend Joy Burke 6
    Sent on 07/09/2019

Reverend Joy Burke's reply:

Thanks for your kind words, Kris. Your extenuating circumstances only served to make your wedding more beautiful than you had previously imagined. Many blessings to you and Michel.

mary f mccormack · Married on 04/13/2019

Wedding Ceremony

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for the ceremony! We received so many compliments on the ceremony and how beautiful and personal it felt! You did an amazing job on it and it made us feel even more special! We loved everything about it and I just wanted to thank you for everything!

Sent on 04/16/2019

Reverend Joy Burke's reply:

Mary and Jim, it was my honor, my privilege and my absolute delight to officiate your wedding ceremony. Sending love and blessings. xoxo

Steven Pappas · Married on 10/19/2018

The right choice

Made the ceremony fun and easy. For those that would be tense or nervous shouldn't worry. Joy will get you settled and relaxed.

Sent on 11/25/2018

Reverend Joy Burke's reply:

Thank you Steve. You and Jamie are living proof that a beautiful, elegant elopement in Saratoga Springs can be planned in under a week. Many warm blessings to you both.
  • Courtney

Courtney Warner · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing officiant! We loved our ceremony!!

Joy was fantastic. Very professional, thoughtful, and accommodating. We absolutely loved the ceremony she created with our input, and our wedding guests couldn't stop talking about how wonderful she was. Joy has our highest recommendation!!!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Reverend Joy Burke's reply:

Dear Courtney and Tom, It was the most beautiful Fall Saratoga day for your wedding at the Gideon Putnam Resort. Everything could not have been lovelier. I am so honored to be the one to pronounce you husband and wife. Many blessings to you both for a beautiful future together. xoxoxo-Joy
  • Sue

Sue Orton · Married on 10/06/2018

A superb experience

Joy was superb from beginning to end. I only wish I had the chance to have worked more closely with her - and that is our fault, not hers. Our very busy work schedules made it difficult to do so, and the fact that Joy understood and accommodated our schedules and availability only endeared her to me more. I found her so kind, helpful and most of all, wise as we needed to make some difficult last minute adjustments because of family demands. She handled the request, on our wedding day, with such aplomb that I will forever be grateful to her. She enhanced our wedding in such a meaningful way - Joy, your first name says it all!!

Sent on 12/18/2018

Reverend Joy Burke's reply:

Sue and Stephen, you are so very welcome! It was my absolute delight to officiate your wedding and to get to know your wonderful group of family and friends. Many blessings to you both. xoxo-Joy

Sarah · Married on 09/21/2018

Joy is AMAZING! She is one of the sweetest and most genuine human beings I've ever met. She does everything possible to make your ceremony as perfect as can be and that it matches all you envisioned. She is organized and full of ideas and tips if you need any guidance with anything, even something unrelated to ceremony. We were so happy with everything Joy did for us, and forever grateful!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Reverend Joy Burke's reply:

Thank you so much for your lovely review Sarah. It was my greatest pleasure, honor and delight to get to know you and Brian and your families and friends, and to officiate your wedding ceremony. Wishing you a lifetime of blessings of love, health and happiness. xoxoxo-Joy

Kayla · Married on 09/08/2018

Joy crafted the perfect wedding ceremony for us. She goes above and beyond in getting to know you as an individual and a couple, not only to write a beautiful ceremony, but because she truly cares in giving your story the love and attention it deserves. Joy provides guidance while giving you the liberty to make the ceremony your own. She told our story with the perfect words, energy and emotion. Everyone commented on how amazing and unique the ceremony was. Our wedding was better than I could have ever imagined it to be and that is because of Joy.

Sent on 09/11/2018

Reverend Joy Burke's reply:

Kayla and Charlie, I can't tell you how happy I am for the two of you. When I get the opportunity to officiate for a dear friend who is also a wedding professional, well, it is a wonderful day! You two were absolutely stunning and the Yaddo Gardens were magnificent. There was so much love all around in your family and friends. Thank you for allowing me the honor. xoxoxo-Joy

Susan Dimascio · Married on 08/11/2018

Susan DiMascio

From the moment I contacted Joy her responsiveness and professionalism are outstanding. She performed our small but perfect ceremony to our request. She’s an incredible beautiful individual and so very happy we found her.

Reverend Joy Burke 7
    Reverend Joy Burke 8
    Sent on 10/25/2018

Reverend Joy Burke's reply:

Dearest Sue and Gino, it was the the loveliest day for you to be wed in an elegant elopement ceremony in my front room. I am so grateful you found me and that our paths crossed for this perfect moment in time. Much love and many blessings to you forever. Joy

Caitlin · Married on 07/07/2018

Joy is a must have for your wedding. She knows what she is doing and will make your ceremony personable and memorable. Joy wrote a 30 minute ceremony for us that took our guest through our journey in a tasteful yet funny and touching way. There were many tears! She also offers many options for special rituals that are optional, but there are so many great ideas you’ll be sure to pick one. She also gives lots of excerpts to pick from for family or friends to read at your ceremony. We had to fill out a questionnaire which was a great way to reflect on your love and helps her develop her speech. Joy also met with us for over an hour and never once did we feel pressure to hire her. We even got to meet her two dogs . What I appreciated most was her flexibility and assertiveness. She took many of our ideas but offered her suggestions and insight on what would work best. Never being married before, I really valued her advice and it made everything seamless. Lastly , she does do rehearsal practice as part of the package so long as your date is available.

Sent on 08/22/2018

Reverend Joy Burke's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Caitlin. You and Adam were such a blast to work with, and I loved being able to share your story to your family and friends. I wish you so much love and happiness in your future together. xoxox-Joy

Alicia · Married on 06/29/2018

Joy was such a pleasure to work with. She is such a nice lady and her words were kind and warm. Thank you so much, Joy for making our day so special!

Reverend Joy Burke 9
    Sent on 07/01/2018

Reverend Joy Burke's reply:

Alicia, a quick phone call a few days earlier turned into a lovely, sacred and meaningful wedding ceremony tucked into a sweet corner of Congress Park. I am so glad to have met you and Cristian and wish you so many blessings for a long, healthy and prosperous live together.

Meghan · Married on 06/26/2018

My husband and I got married on June 26, 2018. Our wedding officiant was Rev Joy Burke. Rev Joy was absolutely AMAZING in every way! Rev Joy really got a feel for us as a couple and captured the essence of our love for one another and created the most beautiful and poignant ceremony. As two very spiritual people, my husband and I really wanted God and our spirituality to be the basis for our wedding ceremony. Rev Joy brought God to the forefront of our ceremony. She also gave us creative options to bring to the ceremony in terms of readings and a Celtic hand fasting component! Our ceremony had us and all of our guests crying one moment and laughing the next. My husband and I were so beyond happy with our wedding ceremony! Rev Joy surpassed everything we hoped for and all of our family and friends that day and throughout the Summer have commented on what a beautiful, unique and moving wedding ceremony it was! In fact, so many of our guests said it was the best ceremony and wedding they had been to! This only allows us to give 5 stars but we’d give Rev Joy 10 stars! She is lovely and will give you the most magnificent wedding ceremony. We highly recommend her! Thank you Rev Joy!!!

Sent on 08/19/2018

Reverend Joy Burke's reply:

Yours was the most magical, sacred and wonderful celebration! It was my absolute delight to get to know you both and to officiate your beautiful wedding ceremony at The Mansion of Saratoga. I am so grateful to have been part of such a perfect moment in time. Much love to you both.

Ryann · Married on 06/23/2018

Choosing Joy as our wedding officiant was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning process. She created the most authentic, beautiful, loving, and personal ceremony for us. Our guests continually came up to us during our reception to tell us that the ceremony was their favorite part of our wedding because they were so touched. It was our favorite part of the day too! Her thoughtfully crafted words allowed our guests to truly see inside our hearts and be an active participant in our wedding day. She has unique and personalized ideas on traditions, readings, and vows that allow you to make your ceremony your own. Joy’s personalized ceremony exceeded our expectations and allowed us to create a beautiful start to our marriage. If a highly personalized, thoughtful, and heartfelt ceremony is important to you, you must contact Joy.

Sent on 06/25/2018

Reverend Joy Burke's reply:

Thank you Ryann. What a beautiful day for you and Michael. The rain could do nothing to dampen our spirits. The floral decor that transformed a sweet restaurant space into a whimsical garden brought some more magic to add to that which we were creating. It was my greatest joy to work with you both over the months leading up to your day. Love and blessings forevermore.
  • User4235896 · 1+ year ago

Joy officiated our wedding and we could not have been happier!!!!! From the very first meeting with Joy we knew that she was the one we wanted to help make our day perfect! The wedding questionnaires were such a wonderful idea to help her in making our ceremony so personalized! And we were so grateful for all the samples of vows, ceremony ideas/rituals, etc. that she gave us! Her personality and calming presence, vast knowledge of dos and don’ts were so welcomed! We would recommend her to anyone and everyone. We are grateful to call her a friend!

Sent on 06/30/2018

Reverend Joy Burke's reply:

It is always especially touching when I am called upon to officiate the nuptials of another wedding professional. Thank you so much for including me in your most special day, Dani. As a woman who has been to hundreds of weddings, you really had a vision and I am thrilled to have helped you make it a reality. xoxoxox

Jacqueline · Married on 06/10/2018

We were so honored to have Joy as part of our big day. She went above and beyond to make our day special. We enjoyed every moment working with her. She truly took time to get to know us and made excellent recommendations that made our ceremony unique. She made us both feel so comfortable up in front of our family and friends!

Sent on 08/12/2018

Reverend Joy Burke's reply:

Dear Jacqueline and Brian... wasn't it the most glorious day Lake George had to offer! It was so wonderful to work with you over the months leading up to your day, to make your ceremony spectacular. Brian's dad sharing advice from a dog, was a real treat! Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness. xoxoxoxo

Jack · Married on 06/02/2018

Rev. Joy is amazing, highly recommend her services to couples looking for someone to make their day special, majestic and remembered forever.

Sent on 06/08/2018

Reverend Joy Burke's reply:

It was my delight to officiate your Elegant Elopement. I am so happy you chose me to do the honors. Much love to you both for a beautiful future together.

Katie · Married on 04/21/2018

Joy was absolutely amazing to work with. My husband and I could have have picked a better Reverend. Joy is not like many other Reverends she makes the ceremony truly about you as a couple. We are still getting compliments about how wonderful the ceremony was because of Joy. She will truly give everyone happy tears!

Sent on 05/10/2018

Mara · Married on 03/10/2018

Finding the perfect officiant was so important to my (now) husband and I, and when we found out that we were expecting and would be moving our wedding date up by 6 months, we were so afraid that our rushed planning would lead to us not finding the perfect person. BUT when we first talked to Joy over the phone all of our worry disappeared. Joy is everything we always wanted in an officiant; kind, relaxed, confident, reassuring, organized, knowledgeable. The whole ceremony planning process was wonderfully easy on our end, and the end result was an absolutely lovely ceremony. Joy made sure to accommodate for all of our needs and requests, making the ceremony personal and perfect. Our family and friends are still reaching out to us about how beautiful it was.
    We highly recommend Joy to anyone in search of an officiant! Thank you Joy! Love, Mara & Erik & Future Baby Boy :)

Reverend Joy Burke 10
    Sent on 03/24/2018

Reverend Joy Burke's reply:

There was so much love and celebration in the room for your wedding Mara and Erik. It was my greatest delight to be the one to take you through the process of getting yourselves married. I can't wait to meet Baby Boy and watch you grow together with him. xoxoxo-Joy

Nina · Married on 01/01/2018

Joy took time on her New Year's Day to come and officiate our elopement ceremony, and did so with total professionalism, a wonderful approach, and a warmth and style that made us feel relaxed, comfortable, and confident in her knowledge and ability to bring added meaning to our ceremony. We would absolutely recommend her to any of our friends and family seeking a thoughtful, thorough officiant for their ceremony.

Sent on 03/22/2018

Reverend Joy Burke's reply:

I couldn't think of a better way to begin the new year than to officiate your wedding, Nina and John. It was the most perfect day and will last forever in my heart. xoxoxo

Sarah · Married on 10/21/2017

Reverend Joy made our day beyond special. We continue to hear from guests just how personal, unique, and filled-with-love our ceremony was. Joy did a beautiful job taking what we wanted in our ceremony and turning it into a beautiful, memorable event. At the rehearsal dinner, I remember her telling us: "Don't look at me while I'm speaking. Look at each other. It's all about you." Her humility and guidance helped us remain mindful, awake, and aware of the magic happening during our ceremony. Thank you, Joy, for guiding us through the sacred, special, and intimate moments of ceremony.

Sent on 10/29/2017

Reverend Joy Burke's reply:

Working with you and Mike to craft your ceremony was such a wonderful experience for me. I will always remember your charge to be kind, curious and brave. Much love to you both. xoxo-Joy

Amanda · Married on 10/08/2017

Joy was amazing! She provided a beautiful, personalized ceremony that we'll never forget. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Reverend Joy Burke's reply:

Amanda, I am so happy your mom called me and insisted you call me. It was so lovely to work with you and Matt to craft your perfect wedding ceremony, and to see the looks on your faces as you exchanged your vows was the highlight of my day. Many blessings to you both for a beautiful future together. xoxo