Reverend John W Sullivan Reviews

21 | Greenville, SC

21 Reviews for Reverend John W Sullivan

21 Reverend John W Sullivan Reviews

Haley · Married on 07/28/2018

I don't even know where to begin! John and Cecilia helped create the wedding of our dreams. John is so accommodating and helps create the most amazing ceremony. He met with us twice before the wedding to ensure that our ceremony was exactly what we envisioned. Our ceremony was so beautiful! Our family and friends keep talking about the ceremony and how amazing it was! Most people compliment the reception, but our ceremony was filled with so much emotion- laughter and tears! John's wife, Cecilia, was our day-of coordinator. She is very organized and contacted all of our vendors prior to the wedding. She was there the entire day to help set-up and ensure that everything was in the right spot. Cecilia did an amazing job! John and Cecilia ran our rehearsal and it was seamless. They are such a fantastic team! They like to joke with one another and laugh. Their love is so inspiring. Using Cecilia as a day-of coordinator made my day stress-free. It should be a no-brainer to use her for your big day. She was available whenever I needed her and was able to come grab things for me. I can't thank John and Cecilia enough for their hard work. They truly made our wedding so amazing and the best day of our lives!!

Sent on 08/07/2018

Reverend John W Sullivan's reply:

Thank you so much for those kind words! It was an honor and a pleasure to be a part of your beautiful day. Cecilia and I truly enjoyed meeting all of your family and getting to celebrate with you all! God bless you!!

Molly · Married on 10/21/2017

We were so thankful to have John as our wedding officiant. He was very responsive, so down to earth, and easy to work with. My husband and I felt so relaxed around him and he helped us create such a meaningful ceremony that we will forever cherish. We also felt so lucky to be able to get to know his wife, Cecilia, as well through their premarital counseling sessions, which we would highly recommend as well!

Sent on 11/03/2017

Reverend John W Sullivan's reply:

Thank you! It was truly a pleasure getting to know you guys and celebrating with you and your family. You are a wonderful couple and we look forward to seeing what God has in store for you!
  • Jessie

Jessie · Married on 10/07/2017

John was the most perfect officiant. He helped us craft a ceremony that perfectly fit our needs. He is professional, kind, and just wonderful. We were so lucky to have met him and cherish his role at our wedding.

Sent on 10/18/2017
    Reverend John W Sullivan 1
    Reverend John W Sullivan 2

Reverend John W Sullivan's reply:

Thank you so much! It was such an honor to have a part in your beautiful ceremony. You are a wonderful couple! Cecilia and I also loved meeting and celebrating with your family and friends. God Bless!

Jennifer · Married on 09/17/2017

I'm so glad we chose him as our officiate! He was a pleasure to work with and extremely helpful. He provided us with several examples of ceremonies and allowed us to cut and paste parts that we loved. He made our day very special.

Sent on 09/18/2017

Reverend John W Sullivan's reply:

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your wedding celebration! It was beautiful and I wish you all the best!

Crystal · Married on 07/08/2017

Rev. Sullivan was amazing. He was so easy to work with and planned a perfect ceremony for my husband and I. Everyone at my wedding was complimenting on how wonderful his message was. I would recommend him to anyone who wants a romantic and personalized ceremony. His wife, who helped direct the wedding, was also amazing. Thank you so much for making our day one we will never forget!

Sent on 07/19/2017

Reverend John W Sullivan's reply:

Crystal, thank you for the kind words. Cecilia and I count it a privilege to have had a part in making your wedding special. You both have wonderful families and we enjoyed meeting them. All the best...God Bless!!

Kevin · Married on 02/11/2017

I was in need of someone to preside over my parents 50th wedding anniversary vow renewals and located Reverend Sullivan on Wedding Wire. I told him how my parents got married in a drive-in theatre in South Carolina while my father was stationed in Ft Gordon, GA and that I wanted to reenact their marriage for them as best as possible. Reverend Sullivan seemed thrilled and did a wonderful job for my parents vow renewal. He came up with the entire format for their vows. It was better than I expected!!!! Thank you again Reverend Sullivan.

Sent on 02/12/2017

Reverend John W Sullivan's reply:

Kevin, It was truly a privilege to be a part of this special occasion. Your parents are truly extraordinary people with an amazing story! It was so refreshing to see all their family there supporting them and celebrating. Once again thank you for allowing me to be part of it!

Ashley · Married on 11/29/2015

So great meeting John and his wife! They are wonderful!

John was amazing- he literally saved our butts after our preacher bailed on us a month before the wedding. Even on such short notice he met with us and helped us put together a beautiful ceremony. I would be lying if I was to say I wasn't disappointed when our preacher cancelled, being that he actually knew us and our relationship, but we couldn't have found a better fill in than John. He took the time to get to know us and when ceremony time came, I really felt like he was who was supposed to be up there the whole time. Thank you so much John!

Melanie · Married on 09/26/2015

My fiance and I were getting married out of town in Greenville, SC and needed an officiant for our ceremony - we both wanted to ensure our officiant was a man of faith and integrity - and that's exactly what we found in John Sullivan. We met with John and his wife prior to our ceremony and instantly connected them - we were able to plan out exactly the type of ceremony we wanted and John was great at giving advice and putting the ceremony together. Our day was so special and turned out beautifully and John was a large part of that. Can't thank him enough!

Liz · Married on 06/05/2015

John was so great! From the first meeting to our wedding day he made us feel as though we had known him for years. He truly cares about making your wedding day special and has all the right tools to do so. I highly recommend John for your officiant needs. His website was also super helpful for what to do after the wedding (name change info). Look no further - John's your guy!

Sent on 10/08/2015

Reverend John W Sullivan's reply:

Thank you Liz! You and Mario were delightful to work with. I am grateful to have been a part of your wedding day. May God bless you both!

Elizabeth · Married on 02/21/2015

Helpful, professional, great personality!
    The perfect officiant for our wedding day!

Sent on 02/24/2015

Reverend John W Sullivan's reply:

Thank you Elisabeth! It was my pleasure.

Erika · Married on 11/01/2014

John was fantastic! He met us beforehand and my husband and I both agreed he would be perfect for our wedding. Laidback and professional! We emailed back and forth until we had a great ceremony detailed out.
    I would highly recommend John plus he was a good price for the area.

Sent on 01/12/2015

Reverend John W Sullivan's reply:

Thank you Erika. I loved being a part of your wedding. It was a pleasure meeting and spending time with your families.

John did a wonderful job at our wedding. He definitely did his part to help make the ceremony a complete success. Prior to the wedding he was very informative and helpful when it came to constructing a ceremony script and timeline. He provided us with a variety sources and options to help us to create the ceremony we wanted.

Him and his wife are such delightful people and we were thankful to have them be apart of our special day! Definitely recommend him!

Sent on 09/08/2014

Reverend John W Sullivan's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a wonderful day and we were proud to be a part of it!

Taylor · Married on 07/11/2014

My now husband and I were not from the Greenville area and therefore did not have a home church for our wedding. We are now residents and belong to a church in town, but over a year ago while planning our wedding we had no idea how difficult finding a church and pastor would be. John was so easy to work with and we are so happy that he was able to marry us. We even did a portion of our ceremony in a way that he had never done before and he was very open and accommodating to it. I would recommend him (and his amazing wife) to anyone looking to be married in the area by a wonderful pastor!

• Natalie

Natalie · Married on 06/07/2014

Reverend Sullivan did an awesome job officiating my daughter's wedding. He was well spoken and obviously prepared for the ceremony. I believe he did exactly just as the bride and groom wanted. He also had a sense of humor which I personally appreciated. He is a very pleasant, friendly man and makes you feel at ease. Reverend Sullivan definitely contributed to the success of the day, it was beautiful.

Katie · Married on 05/10/2014

We loved having John, and his wife Cecilia be a part of our wedding! The entire process was seamless, he provided so much helpful direction while still allowing us to make our ceremony our own. Absolutely would recommend!

Sent on 05/19/2014

Reverend John W Sullivan's reply:

Thank you so much. We truly enjoyed being a part of this beautiful celebration. May God bless you both.

Katie · Married on 11/02/2013

Rev Sullivan was extremely helpful with the entire process for our wedding and very flexible! Very friendly and down-to-earth, makes you feel like you've known him for years. Awesome!

Sent on 12/24/2014

Reverend John W Sullivan's reply:

Thank you Katie! It was an honor to take part in your special day. May God bless you both.

John was very helpful and wonderful to work with. He arrived for the rehearsal, walked us through everything, gave pointers and advice where necessary. I created my own custom ceremony which he reviewed and advised on through emails prior to the rehearsal. He was very respectful and courteous. My wife and I would definitely recommend to anyone as an officiant. Nothing but positive remarks in his behalf!

John was an amazing officiant and has a beautiful church in Taylors. He provided a perfect ceremony that met all of our needs and truly made it a special day. He and his wife are extremely nice people and made us very comfortable during our meetings. We would recommend him to anyone looking for a special ceremony.

Emily · Married on 05/26/2012

Reverend John was absolutely wonderful. Since we are from Connecticut and he is in South Carolina, we did a bunch of phone calling and emailing back and forth. He was very open to our ideas and was very easy to work with.

Chris, the groom, walked in to the song Walk the Line by Johnny Cash and John even through in a personal twist at the end of our ceremony that tied in this song.

I highly recommend him. Very nice and he included his wife and you can tell they are happily married!

Emily and Chris

Sharonda · Married on 04/28/2018

Everything went perfect. The first time we met was right before our ceremony, but it didn’t feel that way. I introduced a new unity ceremony to him and he was very accepting and cooperative. Everyone loved the ceremony and the vows were perfect for us. You will be impressed with his services.

Sent on 04/30/2018

Reverend John W Sullivan's reply:

It was a pleasure to be able to celebrate your beautiful day with you and your family! All the best to you both and may God bless.