21 Reviews for Reverend John W Sullivan

Counseling (2)
Single Religion (1)
Rehearsal (1)
21 Reverend John W Sullivan Reviews

I don't even know where to begin! John and Cecilia helped create the wedding of our dreams. John is so accommodating and helps create the most amazing ceremony. He met with us twice before the wedding to ensure that our ceremony was exactly what we envisioned. Our ceremony was so beautiful! Our family and friends keep talking about the ceremony and how amazing it was! Most people compliment the reception, but our ceremony was filled with so much emotion- laughter and tears! John's wife, Cecilia, was our day-of coordinator. She is very organized and contacted all of our vendors prior to the wedding. She was there the entire day to help set-up and ensure that everything was in the right spot. Cecilia did an amazing job! John and Cecilia ran our rehearsal and it was seamless. They are such a fantastic team! They like to joke with one another and laugh. Their love is so inspiring. Using Cecilia as a day-of coordinator made my day stress-free. It should be a no-brainer to use her for your big day. She was available whenever I needed her and was able to come grab things for me. I can't thank John and Cecilia enough for their hard work. They truly made our wedding so amazing and the best day of our lives!!

Profile Picture Haley, 7/28/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Everything went perfect. The first time we met was right before our ceremony, but it didn’t feel that way. I introduced a new unity ceremony to him and he was very accepting and cooperative. Everyone loved the ceremony and the vows were perfect for us. You will be impressed with his services.

Profile Picture Sharonda , 4/28/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We were so thankful to have John as our wedding officiant. He was very responsive, so down to earth, and easy to work with. My husband and I felt so relaxed around him and he helped us create such a meaningful ceremony that we will forever cherish. We also felt so lucky to be able to get to know his wife, Cecilia, as well through their premarital counseling sessions, which we would highly recommend as well!

Profile Picture Molly, 10/21/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

John was the most perfect officiant. He helped us craft a ceremony that perfectly fit our needs. He is professional, kind, and just wonderful. We were so lucky to have met him and cherish his role at our wedding.

Profile Picture Jessie, 10/7/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: No Denomination, Rehearsal, Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed, Counseling

I'm so glad we chose him as our officiate! He was a pleasure to work with and extremely helpful. He provided us with several examples of ceremonies and allowed us to cut and paste parts that we loved. He made our day very special.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/17/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Non-religious, Customized Vows

Rev. Sullivan was amazing. He was so easy to work with and planned a perfect ceremony for my husband and I. Everyone at my wedding was complimenting on how wonderful his message was. I would recommend him to anyone who wants a romantic and personalized ceremony. His wife, who helped direct the wedding, was also amazing. Thank you so much for making our day one we will never forget!

Profile Picture Crystal , 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Wedding Planning

I was in need of someone to preside over my parents 50th wedding anniversary vow renewals and located Reverend Sullivan on Wedding Wire. I told him how my parents got married in a drive-in theatre in South Carolina while my father was stationed in Ft Gordon, GA and that I wanted to reenact their marriage for them as best as possible. Reverend Sullivan seemed thrilled and did a wonderful job for my parents vow renewal. He came up with the entire format for their vows. It was better than I expected!!!! Thank you again Reverend Sullivan.

Profile Picture Kevin, 2/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

So great meeting John and his wife! They are wonderful!

Profile Picture Ashley, 11/29/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

John was amazing- he literally saved our butts after our preacher bailed on us a month before the wedding. Even on such short notice he met with us and helped us put together a beautiful ceremony. I would be lying if I was to say I wasn't disappointed when our preacher cancelled, being that he actually knew us and our relationship, but we couldn't have found a better fill in than John. He took the time to get to know us and when ceremony time came, I really felt like he was who was supposed to be up there the whole time. Thank you so much John!

Profile Picture User6322936, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Counseling, Single Religion, No Denomination

My fiance and I were getting married out of town in Greenville, SC and needed an officiant for our ceremony - we both wanted to ensure our officiant was a man of faith and integrity - and that's exactly what we found in John Sullivan. We met with John and his wife prior to our ceremony and instantly connected them - we were able to plan out exactly the type of ceremony we wanted and John was great at giving advice and putting the ceremony together. Our day was so special and turned out beautifully and John was a large part of that. Can't thank him enough!

Profile Picture Melanie, 9/26/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

John was so great! From the first meeting to our wedding day he made us feel as though we had known him for years. He truly cares about making your wedding day special and has all the right tools to do so. I highly recommend John for your officiant needs. His website was also super helpful for what to do after the wedding (name change info). Look no further - John's your guy!

Profile Picture Liz, 6/5/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Helpful, professional, great personality!
The perfect officiant for our wedding day!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 2/21/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

John was fantastic! He met us beforehand and my husband and I both agreed he would be perfect for our wedding. Laidback and professional! We emailed back and forth until we had a great ceremony detailed out.
I would highly recommend John plus he was a good price for the area.

Profile Picture Erika, 11/1/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

John did a wonderful job at our wedding. He definitely did his part to help make the ceremony a complete success. Prior to the wedding he was very informative and helpful when it came to constructing a ceremony script and timeline. He provided us with a variety sources and options to help us to create the ceremony we wanted.

Him and his wife are such delightful people and we were thankful to have them be apart of our special day! Definitely recommend him!

Profile Picture Haley, 8/30/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My now husband and I were not from the Greenville area and therefore did not have a home church for our wedding. We are now residents and belong to a church in town, but over a year ago while planning our wedding we had no idea how difficult finding a church and pastor would be. John was so easy to work with and we are so happy that he was able to marry us. We even did a portion of our ceremony in a way that he had never done before and he was very open and accommodating to it. I would recommend him (and his amazing wife) to anyone looking to be married in the area by a wonderful pastor!

Profile Picture Taylor , 7/11/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Reverend Sullivan did an awesome job officiating my daughter's wedding. He was well spoken and obviously prepared for the ceremony. I believe he did exactly just as the bride and groom wanted. He also had a sense of humor which I personally appreciated. He is a very pleasant, friendly man and makes you feel at ease. Reverend Sullivan definitely contributed to the success of the day, it was beautiful.

Profile Picture Natalie, 6/7/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We loved having John, and his wife Cecilia be a part of our wedding! The entire process was seamless, he provided so much helpful direction while still allowing us to make our ceremony our own. Absolutely would recommend!

Profile Picture Katie, 5/10/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev Sullivan was extremely helpful with the entire process for our wedding and very flexible! Very friendly and down-to-earth, makes you feel like you've known him for years. Awesome!

Profile Picture Katie, 11/2/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

John was very helpful and wonderful to work with. He arrived for the rehearsal, walked us through everything, gave pointers and advice where necessary. I created my own custom ceremony which he reviewed and advised on through emails prior to the rehearsal. He was very respectful and courteous. My wife and I would definitely recommend to anyone as an officiant. Nothing but positive remarks in his behalf!

Profile Picture User4399792, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

John was an amazing officiant and has a beautiful church in Taylors. He provided a perfect ceremony that met all of our needs and truly made it a special day. He and his wife are extremely nice people and made us very comfortable during our meetings. We would recommend him to anyone looking for a special ceremony.

Profile Picture Ryan, 7/7/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Reverend John was absolutely wonderful. Since we are from Connecticut and he is in South Carolina, we did a bunch of phone calling and emailing back and forth. He was very open to our ideas and was very easy to work with.

Chris, the groom, walked in to the song Walk the Line by Johnny Cash and John even through in a personal twist at the end of our ceremony that tied in this song.

I highly recommend him. Very nice and he included his wife and you can tell they are happily married!

Emily and Chris