Revel Weddings + Events Reviews

13 | Friday Harbor, WA

13 Reviews for Revel Weddings + Events

• Todor

Todor Batchvarov · Getting married on 04/09/2021

The best wedding we've ever been to!

The best wedding I've ever been to ... and it happened to be ours! My wife and I had a medium to small wedding - 80 people. Very close friends and family. For some of them, detestation, had to travel to the San Juan Islands and Katie started to provide her support right away with logistics like letting us know when to book ferries etc. We did a lot of the wedding sourcing and ideating ourselves but leaned heavily on Katie for day of logistics and month of coordination. She was able to stand up the wedding location, decorations, and organize everything the day off in a matter of a few hours! Everything was flawless. She was first of all – invisible. There are things to this day that I have no idea how they happened. We never felt pressured, stressed, or forgotten, on the contrary, relieved, happy, and supported are the words that come to mind when thinking of Katie and her services. When we do our vow renewal I will definitely hire Katie again and I would advise to anyone looking to get married and find local and amazing vendors for your event at the San Juan Island, to work with Katie – it’s a must just to be able to navigate island time. All we have left to say is THANK YOU THANK YOU for making this such a worry-less experience and helping us enjoy our wedding as the best one we’ve ever been to.
    Jess & Todor.

• Lauren

Lauren Segal · Getting married on 04/01/2021

Wonderful. We needed her more than we knew!

Katie was AMAZING. First, she has an awesome program that we used to communicate and make sure we were on track with planning. We did a lot of things ourselves, but absolutely needed her help with details and logistics that only a planner would know to keep track of. She was crucial in organizing all our vendors and communicating with everyone involved. She had great connections on the island as well. She helped make our wedding stress-free, and everything ran so smoothly. I know she was doing all sorts of things behind the scenes to make that happen! She was also affordable and worked within our budget. We couldn't recommend her more.Thank you Katie!!

Karina Wegman and Joe DeVleming · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Revel for Roche Harbor wedding

We hired Katie for partial wedding planning for our fall wedding at Roche Harbor Resort. Every step of the way, Katie was a partner we could rely on not only to guide us through the hoops of vendor selection and relationships, but also to have the foresight to identify vendor hiccups as they arose and work with us to remedy them. Throughout the planning process, whenever we brought an issue to Katie she always dove right in with action items to problem solve; this ranged from help with design ideas, to ideas to stay within budget, to reaching out to vendors she had a relationships with to get a "yes" where we would have gotten a "no." There truly was never a question that Katie didn't have an answer for, and her relationships with island vendors proved incredibly valuable throughout the entire planning process.

The weekend of our wedding, a member of the events staff at Roche told me that their job is substantially easier on wedding weekends when Katie is the planner because she is so organized and on top of every detail. We understood exactly what that person meant as the weekend played out. In advance of our pre-wedding meeting with the venue staff, Katie had already written up a six-page play-by-play schedule of events and milestones for each day while we were on-site, detailing when and where everyone needed to be. Throughout the weekend, Katie was on top of any issues before we even knew they were happening. She really worked miracles. Even in the weeks after the wedding, Katie continued to be just as helpful as ever, communicating with the venue on our behalf to resolve a minor billing discrepancy.

Our wedding weekend went off exactly as we wanted, and we have Katie to thank!

Sent on 11/30/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Jones · Getting married on 11/07/2020

Wonderful Experience

My fiance and I had our wedding planned on Orcas Island in July 2020, then Covid came and everything was turned upside down! My stress levels were at an all-time high trying to adjust to the situation, and Katie was WONDERFUL throughout the whole process. She is calm, organized, and her communication was excellent. She is truly a rock through all the chaos of wedding planning and I 100% recommend her to anyone planning a San Juan event.

Sent on 05/09/2020
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 09/01/2019

Absolute professional and incredible problem solver

Katie is amazing. She didn’t mind that I sent her texts at all hours of the day and night as I got closer to my wedding date. She accepted and helped me problem solve the fact that I had absolutely no décor, no lighting, no sound, and no event rentals booked 2 months before my wedding date. She was helpful and steadfast when the day of the wedding I hadn’t accomplished nearly as many tasks as I’d intended. Instead, she took on all the stress of the day so that myself, my husband, and our friends and family could enjoy ourselves. She was responsive, solution oriented, professional, helpful, and worth every penny. I had a lot of stressful moments in the months leading up to the wedding that she handled with grace. Because of her and her awesome vendor recommendations, we were able to enjoy what was truly the best day of our lives. It was magical from start to finish and it unequivocally would not have happened without her. Hire her. She will make your wedding a magical paradise, just like she did for me.

Sent on 09/19/2019

Revel Weddings + Events's reply:

Your wedding was truly a fairy-tale and you looked like a beautiful princess in your dress! With the help of your amazing family and friends (I've never seen such hard workers!), I think we pulled off something incredible! I will never forget your mountain top ceremony...so breath-taking! I was so happy to be a part of it all and am so glad that you found value in working together. Wishing both of you all the happiness in the years to come
  • Katelyn

Katelyn Rohan · Married on 08/10/2019

Amazing through planning process and day of!

Katie provided so much value and peace of mind during the wedding planning processes and especially day of! When planning an San Juan Island wedding, it was so helpful to have some who lived there to answer any questions or give any recommendations. The day of there was some unexpected rain (even though being in the Pacific North West, that should never be "unexpected"), and Katie kept everything calm, provided back up solutions, and also helped wash the bottom of my dress that had gotten dirty from the ground before I walked down the aisle!

Monika · Married on 08/04/2019

Amazing planner and person-- hire her! You will not be sorry!

We had such a wonderful experience working with Katie and could not recommend her more highly! We hired her to be our day-of wedding coordinator, but felt like we got so much more. She was basically our month-of coordinator, and helped us iron out the nitty gritty details of our timeline and schedule for the entire day, as well as did all of the coordination with our vendors the month of (and provided awesome emotional support throughout!)

We got married at Roche Harbor in summer, and though Roche takes the lead in helping you coordinate everything venue-related, I can’t even imagine what we would have done without Katie in regards to the wedding as a whole (and a day that starts long before the ceremony!). There was a time in the beginning of planning when, given Roche’s services, I thought we might be able to get away without having a day-of coordinator. Boy, were we wrong! Bottom line is, Roche has dozens of other weddings at their venue in summer… it’s their busiest season, and there were definitely times where we felt a little in the dark as to what was coming next or what was needed from us. We didn’t receive an email from them suggesting final day-of timeline (which includes everything from the ceremony onwards, but nothing involving the beforehand portion of the day where hair/makeup and photography usually falls) until a few weeks before. In the meantime a while before that, behind the scenes, Katie had been working with us tirelessly to finesse our day-of timeline from start to finish down to the smallest of details, from the time in the early hours of the morning when my hair/makeup team would arrive through the end of the night. She thought of so many tiny details that we never would have even thought to coordinate (for example, did we want our officiant to have a lapel microphone or a stand microphone?), and was there every step of the way with us on the day of, constantly checking in to make sure everything went smoothly. Her and her assistant did ALL of the décor set up, which again is something that Roche does not handle. If Katie and her team hadn’t done it and executed it to perfection, it would have been left to a family member or wedding party member, and would have totally taken away from their experience at the wedding. Everything turned out so beautifully thanks to them! Her coordinating with all of our off-island vendors was also enormously helpful, as there are a lot of logistics to coordinate with an island wedding and it was one less thing that we had to worry about with her on top of it.

I can’t tell you how valuable it was to have her and her assistant there to be constantly checking in, making sure all necessary parties were where they were supposed to be when they were supposed to be, making sure photography was on schedule, etc.… she even made sure our first dance song got faded out at the exact time we wanted it to. Katie brought so much value, and we really can’t say enough great things about her. Not only did she do a great job, but she is an incredibly kind, thoughtful, sweet, and cheerful person who definitely helped reduce our stress when it was at its worst. We felt like we had an advocate looking out for us with an eye on every single detail along the way to make sure the day went perfect.

Roche brides—HIRE HER! You will be thanking yourself later. Though the venue has the reception/dinner coordination nailed down, having Katie there to help with all of the other parts of the day that is not necessarily in Roche's scope of work was incredibly helpful and key to us being able to relax and enjoy ourselves without worrying about things getting done. Thank you for everything, Katie—you are awesome!

Sent on 11/11/2019

Revel Weddings + Events's reply:

You and your detail :) You are the best!! Thank you so much for helping to voice why it's so important to have a wedding coordinator even if you have an awesome venue coordinator. Still can't get over all the amazing touches you put into your wedding. Interior designer bride...YES PLEASE! xo
  • Kim

Kim Corson · Married on 07/20/2019

Flawless execution of our Kids wedding

Katie and her assistant were so calm, cool collected and amazingly coordinated. I would highly recommend her for coordinating your future wedding.

Sent on 07/26/2019

Revel Weddings + Events's reply:

Thank you, Kim! It was such a pleasure to work with your family! You guys especially knocked it out of the park with that surprise dance!! :)
  • Laura

Laura Ames · Married on 07/19/2019

Professional and Organized!

Katie and her assistant executed a top-notch wedding reception, with multiple special touches and performances. They went the extra mile to make sure it flowed smoothly and went off without a hitch. She was amazing, everywhere I turned all night, she was there making sure all was happening according to plan. I highly recommend Revel Events and Katie Stringer!

Sent on 07/26/2019

Revel Weddings + Events's reply:

Thank you, Laura! I was honored to be able to help execute all of the thoughtful details you all put into the wedding. One for the books for sure!!

Amanda Turnbull · Married on 07/13/2019

AMAZING Partial-planning for my wedding dah

Katie was AMAZING. I can’t rave about her enough. She thought of EVERYTHING. She was calm, knew exactly what she was doing and did everything she could to make my day perfect. She did the partial planning for me and it was amazing. She helped with everything from decorations to moving driving my gifts to my house on the wedding night. She went above and beyond and truly made me feel like her family. My family didn’t think a wedding planner was necessary but they quickly changed their mind the minute Katie sat down with us at our first meeting. She worked around my schedule to set up meetings and never made me feel like any request was over the top. You can’t find a better wedding planner. HIRE HER IN A HEARTBEAT.

Sent on 10/22/2019

Revel Weddings + Events's reply:

I am so happy I got to work with you two. I love expanding my island family, and you and your families are definitely now a part of it!
  • Izzy

Izzy · Married on 07/07/2019

The Best Choice You Will Make for Your Wedding!

My husband and I got married at Roche Harbor this past July and Katie was our day-of coordinator. Katie was such an integral part of our wedding team! She made sure everyone was where they needed to be, and took all of the pressure off of me! It ended up pouring rain unexpectedly during the ceremony and Katie quickly had the resort grab a bunch of umbrella's for our guests. I've told her this so many times, but I seriously don't know what I would have done without her! My only regret is not hiring her for full wedding planning services.

Sent on 10/28/2019

Revel Weddings + Events's reply:

I'm so happy I was able to be there for you and Marcus on your wedding day! You guys were such troopers through the rain and your pictures turned out incredibly because of it!

Alyssa · Married on 06/15/2019

Loved working with Katie!

I Honestly can't say enough good things about working with Katie. She was very responsive, professional and overall a lovely person. We started talking about a year before our wedding and as the day approached she checked in many times to go over the details. I sent her the contacts for all the vendors we were using and she continued conversations with them and made sure they knew where to be when. Katie was very on top of it and thought of many details that we would have over looked (ie. garbage cans, bringing our brides bouquets to where we started taking picture, suggesting a pop of color table cloth for the cake table which looked so nice). We also added heaters to our order the day before the wedding and she had no problem adding them on for us. It was also really nice to have her there to keep everyone on schedule so that we did not have to herd cats around all evening. Everything went so perfectly. When I arrived and saw all the tables set up I was so happy! I had ordered all my flowers from Costco and she took the time to arrange them all (something I had overlooked and not asked her to do). I would highly recommend using Katie to anyone who has an upcoming wedding. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Sent on 08/27/2019

Revel Weddings + Events's reply:

Thank you for your review, Alyssa! It was truly my pleasure to work with you and Brian! I obviously loved the setting and it was so special to see a very intimate gathering of friends and family celebrating the two of you on your wedding day.

Ally Mueller · Married on 05/27/2019

Katie Saved My Wedding Day

I would recommend Katie to anyone getting married in the San Juan Islands! When I was in the beginning stages of planning my wedding at Roche Harbor Resort, I thought I could do it all by myself. I am a type A personality perfectionist that is extremely organized. I thought I had everything in order and all the vendors seemed to be able to execute my vision. A couple of months prior to the wedding, I was starting to get a little overwhelmed with the small details and logistics of the actual wedding day. On the wedding day as the bride you don’t have the time to be checking on the venue, vendors, decor, etc and most likely the people closest to you don’t have time either (getting hair and makeup done/pictures). That is where Katie comes in. Katie is an absolute lifesaver. She saved the day and was able to execute the vision I had for my wedding reception that I had been dreaming since I was a little girl. My vision was a room filled with candles (minimal flowers) that had a romantic glow. My florist from Friday Harbor assured me that she had all these different type of candles and understood my vision. The day of the wedding there were no candles that we had discussed on the table arrangements. The florist tried to convince me that my vision was never the plan and I was wrong. I was beside myself trying to hold back tears as I was getting into my wedding dress. Katie was professional level headed and saved the day. She sent her assistant to grab candles from her storage that she had from previous weddings. She was so calm and reassuring and made me feel like it was okay that I was upset but everything will be fixed. The wedding and reception venue decor was absolutely perfect with Katie’s help. She not only had the most unbelievable timeline (there were so many things I did not think of) but she coordinated everything beautifully. Thank you Katie! I am so grateful for you and your team!

Sent on 06/27/2019

Revel Weddings + Events's reply:

Oh girl, you not only survived, you KILLED IT! You looked so amazing and managed to focus on your first look even during a crazy time. I'm so, so happy that I got to work with you and Ben because you guys are such a great couple! I'm so thankful for all of your organization and planning - your effort is what made that whole day special!