Rev. Scott Awbrey Reviews

134 Reviews for Rev. Scott Awbrey

• Rachel

Rachel · Married on 11/09/2020

Heartfelt, funny, and unforgettable

Rev Scott kept our guests both laughing and teary-eyes throughout our whole ceremony. He really took the time to get to know us so he could exemplify our relationship to our guests. All of our guests kept telling us what a great job Rev Scott did to include everyone throughout the ceremony. Thank you for the unforgettable memory!

Sent on 01/02/2021
  • Tiffanie

Tiffanie M. · Married on 10/10/2020

Special story

We’ve been to hundreds of weddings, what I loved about Scott was that he told our story exactly like it happened, which is wonderful, especially for those who haven’t heard it. That style helped everyone there understand the depth of our love and desire to be together. He made us pause and take everything in, not rush to the finish line lol he helps you remember what to do for the photographer (not bring your boutique up to your chest lol) and he turns you guys around during the ceremony so both sides of the family can see you. He makes it fun, he makes it personable, and he collaborates to make it what you want in your ceremony. 100% recommend! Thank you Scott for helping our 10.10.20 ceremony be the best! Ps - he also gives you outlines to help you get organized and even to get your name changed!

Sent on 10/19/2020
  • Ashley

Ashley M. · Married on 09/27/2020

Rev. Scott was great!

Reverend Scott did amazing we got a lot of complaints from our family on how great the ceremony was! He incorporated our love story and really made it special and fun. There were some comical moments (we needed some comical relief as the day was a little stressful!) and some very serious and loving moments. Great job!

Sent on 10/26/2020

Cara · Married on 09/12/2020

Awesome Officiant!

We are so happy with our choice to have Rev. Scott officiate our wedding. He was great to work with prior to the wedding by communicating frequently and being very personable. During our ceremony, he did an amazing job including precious moments from our story in both a meaningful and appropriately funny manner. It was a perfect blend! One of our concerns going into our wedding was that while we wanted a religious tone to our wedding, we didn't want it overwhelming the ceremony. We relayed this to Rev. Scott and he did a beautiful job matching our requests. We highly recommend Rev. Scott!

Sent on 10/26/2020

Caitlin · Married on 08/29/2020

Phenomenal Officiant

My husband and I did not want a heavily religious ceremony. Rev. Scott was so flexible working with us on what we envisioned our ceremony to look like and was happy to alter it how we pleased. He provided us with questionnaires to tailor the ceremony and took the time to get to know us via video chat and emails. This made the ceremony feel so special and personalized to us as a couple. He included humor and heartfelt passages into our ceremony that added special touches. He was also extremely flexible with us when we downsized our ceremony from 200 to immediate family and tailored the ceremony for a reduced audience. He is an overall amazing person and wonderful to work with.

Sent on 09/09/2020
  • Katherine

Katherine · Married on 08/21/2020

Couldn't have asked for someone better🥰

Scott did an amazing job officiating our wedding. The time he spent with us and the questions he asked allowed him to make the ceremony personal and weave our love story into it. We laughed, we cried, we said I Do. Every one that attended complimented him and said it was one of the best ceremonies they’ve been too. Scott is awesome and we highly recommend him♥️

Sent on 09/13/2020
  • Chris

Chris D. · Married on 04/03/2020

Unique and Memorable

Unique was exactly what we were looking for. He listening very well to how we envisioned our ceremony and he delivered! We received so many compliments on our ceremony and Rev Scott was a huge part. His ceremony made our special day extremely memorable and I am very thankful we had chosen Rev Scott as our officiant.

Sent on 04/17/2019
  • Kaci

Kaci F. · Married on 09/27/2019

The Perfect Ceremony

Rev Scott was our favorite part of our wedding. We planned our Denver wedding from New Zealand, and he was exactly what we were needing. He took the time to Skype with us and answer all of our questions beforehand. Then he made our wedding day so easy, coordinating with our other vendors so we didn't have to worry about anything. Our ceremony was absolutely perfect - all thanks to him. He personalized it to us, while also including religious elements and wonderful touches of comedy. Our families are still talking about how lovely it was. We cannot recommend him enough.

Sent on 10/03/2019
  • Shaista

Shaista · Married on 09/06/2019

Life saver

We were going to have a friend officiate the wedding but he backed out a month before. Luckily we found Scott Awbrey. He was so helpful and informative and did a great job meeting all our different families religious preferences without over doing it.

Sent on 09/14/2019
  • Sumner

Sumner · Married on 07/16/2019

Beyond Words!

It is so stressful to plan a wedding at times, and you hope that every decision will be worth it in the end. I can't even begin to explain my gratitude for Scott! He is so thorough and personalized in the work that he does for the couple and is so welcoming and kind! He made sure to take care of every detail with us which in the end, the ceremony was astounding! Some of our guests mistook him for a close family friend who might have known us very well (which through the process, definitely felt like he was a long time friend!). That is how personalized he! He truly cares in making sure to know you as a couple, and what brings you two together! But what makes him so much more special then someone who knows how to navigate public speaking, he is unmatched in his knowledge of ceremonial choreography! That sounds weird, but for our wedding, we struggled with some family stuff which left some of the big roles vacant, and Scott knew just how to fill those holes, make sure the bride and groom caught every moment, and leave the crowd in awe! He truly is a master of his craft, and you wont be disappointed! Thank you so much Scott!!!

Sent on 08/26/2019

Bridget U. · Married on 06/27/2019

all we had hoped for and more

Rev Awbrey assisted us with all aspects of our union. We had a private ceremony in Estes Park and he made it feel like God's own cathedral. He was receptive to what we had wanted in our ceremony and implemented everything. He was kind and we felt loved. We could not have wished for a better person to marry us.

Sent on 07/15/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah S. · Married on 02/16/2019

I highly recommend Rev. Scott to any/all engaged couples!

I cannot tell you how many guests approached me after my wedding to tell me how special our ceremony was, and my husband and I couldn't agree more! Rev. Scott went above and beyond to make sure our wedding had the spiritual elements that we wanted while also maintaining our humorous, fun-loving side. In addition to the ceremony itself, Rev. Scott was also my go-to for information about obtaining our marriage license and changing my name. We were so lucky to have him as our wedding officiant, and I highly recommend him to any/all engaged couples.

Sent on 02/21/2019
  • Z

Zach M. · Married on 10/19/2018

Personalized Perfection!!

From the very first email we exchanged with Rev. Awbrey, we knew we were in good hands. He was very attentive to our ideas and our story and wanted our ceremony to be "us," which it certainly was. He sent us detailed "homework" to complete so he could get to know us and our story to convey to our friends and family.
    Throughout the entire process, he was very communicative and made sure to highlight deadlines as the wedding approached. He also provided a detailed list of items to complete before and after the wedding (i.e. changing names and marriage license).
    We received a myriad of compliments after the wedding about Rev. Awbrey and how he made the ceremony special and personal. One guest in particular noted that although she had never met us before, she felt like she knew us because of how well Rev. Awbrey told our story.

Sent on 11/26/2018

Martha · Married on 09/22/2018

We just got married last month and Reverend Scott was absolutely incredible as our officiant!! He was extremely thorough and helpful in planning our perfect, personalized ceremony and on the big day he really wowed us and our guests. We had so many comments on how unique, fun, and lovely our ceremony was. I certainly could not have imagined a better officiant, and I highly recommend him to anyone getting married in Northern Colorado!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Angela · Married on 09/08/2018

Very special

Scott is incredible! He sent us really good questions for my fiance and I to answer and with our responses he put together the perfect ceremony for us. He had our guests in tears, he had them laughing, and he had them participate. Every single person told us how great he did by the end of the night. Ryan and I would highly recommend Scott for your wedding!

Sent on 08/15/2019

Sarah · Married on 08/24/2018

Reverend Scott was terrific. All of our guests raved about our ceremony afterwards saying it sounded like we'd known Rev. Scott for years, when in actuality we only met a few times before the wedding. We wanted a non-traditional/spiritual wedding that was light-hearted, fun and interesting...and Rev. Scott made it exactly that. He also suggested vows and unity ceremony ideas since we had a child involved. We ended up going with a unity ceremony with glass beads that we could send in for blown glass (another Rev. Scott recommendation). If you're looking for someone whose kind, flexible, fun and professional then Rev. Scott should be your officiant.

Sent on 09/25/2018

Calli · Married on 08/11/2018

Wow! Where to even start. Scott made our day amazing and unique to us. He added humor to our ceremony to help keep it light as well as added details about our story. He truly made the ceremony ours. We received several compliments and several guests said it was the best wedding the had ever been to. Scott was very thorough and provided great information and tips for every step from preparation of our big day to my name change. I'm so glad that we found Scott and I would highly recommend him to anyone. Thank you, Scott, you truly made our day something to remember.
    Calli & Jeff

Sent on 09/03/2018

Taylar · Married on 08/04/2018

All I can say is WOW! Scott really went above and beyond with our ceremony. We had made some special requests to incorporate some humor and he really took it upon himself to get to know us and our story so he could provide us with the best ceremony possible. The way he spoke of us you would think he had known us for years! We received SO many compliments from our guests that Scott was "the best officiant they had ever heard" and I will have to agree! During our planning process, Scott was so responsive and attentive to our requests. Choosing him to be our officiant was an excellent choice and I would recommend him to anyone! Thank you for making our ceremony so special, Scott!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Devan · Married on 07/21/2018

Scott was absolutely wonderful. He made my wife and I’s ceremony everything we dreamed of! Our day wouldn’t have been near as special without his help. He is was so talented at connecting with us and really understood us from the very beginning. We didnt know him long but they way he focused on us and our story made him the perfect fit.

Sent on 09/11/2018

Brady · Married on 07/07/2018

Reverend Scott did an outstanding job! A+++ for professionalism and responsiveness. He customized our ceremony to meet our needs exactly. All present at the wedding loved what he did for us!

-Kelly and Brady

Sent on 07/15/2018

Marina · Married on 07/03/2018

We met by phone twice before the service and filled out an extensive questionnaire at Rev. Scott’s request. At the service he captured our essence with both humor and solemnity. He deeply personalized us for those attending the service and put us both at ease. Our guests commented that it was one of the most tender wedding ceremonies they had ever attended.

Sent on 07/08/2018

Rev. Scott Awbrey's reply:

Marina, with you living out of state, I'm so glad I could be of help to you to create a meaningful ceremony. You and Roy are an inspiration, and it was a pleasure to be part of your day!

Alima · Married on 07/01/2018

My husband and I really struggled with figuring out how to do the ceremony part of getting married. Should we get a friend or family member? Marry ourselves? Luckily, on our search, we came across Rev Scott. From our first FaceTime call, we knew that he was the person we wanted to marry us! Scott is warm and funny and kind, and really put us at ease! He took the time to get to know us as a couple, and make sure that all of the family traditions that were important to us were part of our ceremony.

He made us feel so calm the day of our wedding and made the ceremony very special, it wasn't too long or too short, but just right. It was personalized, traditional, and funny, a perfect mix that fit us as a couple perfectly. There were some lovely aspects that involved our friends and family that really touched us (and made us laugh!). Scott was such a wonderful addition to our wedding, we highly recommend him!

Sent on 07/15/2018

Maddison · Married on 06/14/2018

Reverend Scott Awbrey was the perfect addition to our day. My husband and I planned our Colorado wedding from Wisconsin. Neither of us had been to Estes Park or knew anyone in the area so choosing vendors was interesting. Finding the right officiant was important to us. I searched online and read reviews, but couldn’t make a decision. After expressing concerns with our wedding coordinator at Della Terra Mountain Chateau, she highly recommended Reverend Scott Awbrey. I contacted him a few days later and he set up a Facetime conversation with Erik and I. We were sold after a few minutes! Reverence Scott put our mind at ease. We had 75 people traveling to our wedding. We wanted our ceremony to be personal and unique, but weren’t sure how that would look with someone who didn’t know us that well. Reverend Scott asked us questions to get to know us and tailored the ceremony to our needs. On the wedding day, Rev. Scott knocked it out of the park! Our ceremony was absolutely amazing. He made us and our guests feel as though he had known us for years and portrayed our love story as special and unique. He was able to include our guests in the ceremony and make them feel as though they were a part of it. We had so many people approach us after the ceremony and rave about how beautiful it was. Not only were his words beautiful, but he created special moments for Erik and I; setting up photo opportunities, having the made of honor whisper something in my ear as she took my flowers, the best man say something when he handed over the rings, and encouraging Erik and I to hold hands and look at each other throughout the ceremony. Everyone laughed and cried and made memories that will last a lifetime. Looking back on our day, our favorite part wasn’t the meal or the awesome reception. My husband and I can both say that our favorite part of the day was the incredible ceremony. I can't recommend Rev. Scott enough!!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Kathryn · Married on 05/04/2018

Rev. Scott was PERFECT for our ceremony. He'll customize to whatever is wanted, but we opted for a light-hearted, comical ceremony. Our guests are still raving about how hilarious Rev. Scott was. He really made our wedding ceremony one to remember and watching the wedding video again and again will never get old! Thank you so much for your impact on the biggest day of our life!

Sent on 05/21/2018

Brigitte · Married on 04/23/2018

Can I give him more than 5 starts? At first we went to a pastor at our church. He asked us how we met and what we like in each other, and that's it. Later we contacted Rev. Scott and he asked us question after question after question about every detail about our story, the wedding, the family, who we are, what we want. And threw out ideas he had from other weddings and informed us about the legal part of getting married like who signs as witnesses and timing of the marriage license and name change, etc. He even has a full questionnaire you could fill out as much of you like so he could put together a meaningful and personal ceremony. He cared about the ceremony and wedding as if we were his own kids. He is worth more than his fee. I recommend him to anyone wanting a genuine and meaningful officiant!

Sent on 05/20/2018