Rev. Michael Whalen Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Kimberly
    Kimberly C. Married on 09/11/2021

Wonderful experience with Michael Whalen

Michael was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. He worked with us until we had the ceremony just as we wanted it. The day of the wedding he showed up on time (early), was dressed very appropriately and performed a beautiful ceremony. We are very thankful we hired him and we would recommend him without hesitation to anyone getting married and looking for their officiant.
  • Laura
    Laura B. Married on 08/21/2021

Highly recommend!

Rev. Whalen married us in August in a small backyard wedding, and we are so pleased he was part of our special day! After a brief 15-minute FaceTime call, he asked key questions about our relationship to write a lovely ceremony draft, which he sent back very quickly following our initial conversation. We had ample time to review the draft and offer any input. All communication was prompt, professional, and personable. Our ceremony was simple yet heartfelt. We also appreciated that Rev. Whalen had a calm, confident personality; he complemented our special day rather than "stealing the show." It was very nice and you'd be lucky to snag him for your day!
    Melissa Married on 08/14/2021

He is the one!

Michael was a dream come true. From the very first conversation me and my husband had with Michael, I knew he would be the one officiating our wedding. He made us feel comfortable and really listened to what we wanted from him. He kept in contact, always replying very quick whenever I would email him. He was always professional. He made our ceremony so special! Thank you Michael!
    Danielle G. Married on 08/06/2021

The most perfect wedding ceremony

Reverend Michael did such a wonderful job at our ceremony! He was so easy to work with!
    Danielle B. Married on 05/31/2021

Great Officiant!

Reverend Michael Whalen did a beautiful job for our wedding. During our initial meeting he took the time to get to know me and my husband. Throughout the process he was very responsive with e-mails and was so flexible when we had to postpone due to COVID. Highly recommend!
    Stephanie K. Married on 05/15/2021

Bride and Groom

Reverend Michael Whalen was absolutely fabulous! He was so personable from start to finish! Definitely recommend his services!!
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn C. Married on 05/08/2021

Top Notch Officiant!

Rev Whalen was an amazing officiant for our wedding ceremony! He made our ceremony feel so personal and intimate, and my family and friends loved it! He met with us to learn more about us as a couple, which helped him to write a customized ceremony text for us. He also helped with all of the questions we had about the marriage license and made sure everything went smoothly on the day of. I would recommend Rev Whalen to anyone looking for a memorable ceremony!
    Nicole B. Married on 04/16/2021

Amazing officiant!

Rev Michael was a pleasure to work with! All of my guests loved his ceremony script that he created for us. He always had a quick response time to all of my questions and emails. I would highly recommend him!
    Sam M. Married on 04/10/2021

Charismatic and Excellent Professional

Reverend Michael was absolutely terrific - well-articulated and genuine gentleman. Absolutely recommended!
  • Eric
    Eric S. Married on 04/06/2021

Reverend Whalen is Amazing!

We had seen Reverend Whalen at several of our friends weddings prior to our own, and we knew he was exactly who we wanted. Reverend Whalen did an absolutely amazing job during our ceremony. Our guests commented several times at how well spoken Reverend Whalen was, as well as how thoughtful his words were. On top of what a pleasure it was to work with him, he is extremely responsive during the planning process and offers help/advice whenever needed. We have re watched our wedding video countless times, and the ceremony is still our favorite part.
  • Y
    Yllano P. Married on 12/31/2020

Rev. Michael Whalen

With a quick five-minute initial call, and a few detailed emails within a two and a half week window, Rev. Michael Whalen was capable of officiating the perfect wedding for my wife and I. He will not disappoint!
  • Michelle
    Michelle Married on 09/13/2020

The best officiant!

We are so glad we chose Rev. Michael to be our officiant. Not only was he amazing and provided excellent service, he was also very detailed and made things very smooth. You will not be disappointed with him
    Deb Married on 09/12/2020

Excellent experience from beginning to end.

Reverend Michael did an excellent job for us from start to finish. He captured the essence of “our story” perfectly. He wrote a warm, heartfelt and wonderful service that sounded as if he had known us for years. Our guests remarked how impressed they were with his service.

We would very highly recommend Reverend Michael to officiate your wedding!
    Leah D. Married on 09/05/2020

Warm, loving and intimate ceremony

The Reverend is calm, funny and cool! He was so flexible with the layout of the ceremony and worked with us in really designing a custom ceremony that reflected us as a couple. When we were up there, it was very calming to have Rev. Whalen there with us. He can speak somewhat quietly though, so if you have older folks at your wedding, give him a microphone. Highly recommend working with him!
  • Tabitha
    Tabitha Married on 09/02/2020

Beautifully written out Ceremony

Rev. Michael Whalen wrote a beautiful ceremony for my husband and I. Everyone enjoyed the way he spoke and how easy he made everything. If we could do it all over again I’d rebook with him!
    Brianna B. Married on 08/28/2020

Outstanding!

Rev. Michael Whalen was excellent!! From the moment we met him, we knew he would give us the most beautiful wedding ceremony. After our first meeting to obtain some personal details about my husband and I as a couple, he had a full draft of the wedding script that same night for me to look over! He was extremely fast, efficient, and took so much time and care into creating a beautiful ceremony. Being a 2020 Covid19 bride was rough but throughout all the craziness, date change, and last minute venue change, Rev. Michael Whalen did not miss a beat and accommodated everything we wanted and needed! He provided us a truly wonderful ceremony and I will recommend him to all future brides!! Thank you Michael!
    Julie Married on 07/24/2020

Intimate and romantic ceremony

Michael did an amazing job leading our wedding ceremony on July 2020. We hired him approximately a month before and he turned it around with no issues. The ceremony was so intimate and romantic just as we had hoped. Family and friends continue to compliment us on how great the ceremony turned out. They thought Michael knew us both for a long time! We highly recommend Michael. You will not be disappointed!
  • Victoria
    Victoria C. Married on 01/09/2020

Amazing experience

Reverend Michael helped us make our wedding exactly what we wanted. This was done with little time left until the wedding due to a change of plans on our end. We are so thankful for his services!!
  • Danielle
    Danielle B. Married on 12/31/2019

Reverand Michael Whalen was absolutely a pleasure to work with.

I just want to take this time to thank you so much for being part of the most magical day . You were a pleasure to work with and made the process to easy! I appreciate all that you did and wish you nothing but the best in the future . I also would highly recommend anyone to use you ❤️ Thank you again !
    Andrea C. Married on 11/16/2019

Absolutely Incredible

Reverend Whalen was the best! He was so knowledgeable and walked us through everything. We had no idea what to do and every-time I emailed him a question, he answered very quickly. He walked us through the marriage license and also arrived to the venue early to make sure we had everything. He also sent me a reminder a few days before to remind me of the little things I needed.

Reverend Whalen was very well spoken, warm hearted, and humorous. He was the perfect combination. We highly recommend him. Most weddings have very boring ceremonies but not with Revered Whalen.

I cant express enough how great of an experience we had.
    Stephanie K. Married on 11/10/2019

Michael was so helpful and kind in planning our ceremony.

Michael was so helpful and kind in planning our ceremony. It was delightful having him be part of our ceremony. I would definitely recommend him.
    Deanna Married on 10/26/2019

I would highly recommend Reverend Whalen

Reverend michael Whalen is amazing we had him for our wedding October 26, 2019 and he did an amazing job. Any questions we had leading up to the wedding he was always quick to answer. He did an amazing job at the ceremony and it was just truly amazing. I would recommend Reverend Michael 100%. He is such a wonderful person and was so nice.
    Heather Married on 10/26/2019

Highly Recommend Rev. Whalen

Reverend Mike was perfect!! He was recommended to us by one of our vendors and he popped to us as we searched online for our reverend. He met with my now husband and I and created something that perfectly explained our story and engagement. He gave us suggested readings, unity ceremonies and different religious perspectives since we are not of the same faith. Rev. Mike was professional from the beginning when we met with him to the end- even during our ceremony when our venue’s microphone broke. He even made everything perfect, including making our marriage license process as easy as possible and explained everything to us. We highly recommend Rev. Mike Whalen!
    Katie Married on 10/11/2019

What a great choice!!!

We were SO lucky to find Michael!!! He was exactly what my husband and I were looking for in an officiant. The entire experience from start to finish was an absolute pleasure. He was attentive, friendly, understanding of our wants, and relieved so much stress from our minds!! Our ceremony was perfect with Michael. He wrote out an EXTREMELY thoughtful (and accurate) perspective of our love story, and not only did he have all of our guests tearing up, but he had us all laughing as well!!! You will not be disappointed if you choose Michael to marry you on your special day. Trust me!
  • Pamela
    Pamela Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing, professional, compassionate

Rev Michael Whalen we found through a a friends wedding. We loved the way he was so compassionate & professional. He really takes the time to get to know and understand his clients. He gave us multiple choices for our wedding ceremony wording. We had so many compliments afterword. I would recommend Rev Michael 100%.