Rev. Jude Smith Reviews

114 | Rhinebeck, NY

114 Reviews for Rev. Jude Smith

Jude was the officiant at our wedding and she was great. Her demeanor added a peaceful quality to our wonderful day. Jude was accommodating to assist us in designing the ceremony just as we wanted it.

Jude was welcoming of all of our guests and was wonderful to share our special day with. During the ceremony, Jude's personality was the perfect fit to our day. She is warm, friendly and personable to all she meets.

Sent on 10/26/2014

Jude was so wonderful. She met with us several times to make sure the ceremony was going to be just as we wanted it. We found her to be very thoughtful, warm and welcoming. She paid special attention to include our children, and family in the ceremony.

I am so glad we found Jude to share our special day!

Sent on 10/31/2014

Dave · Married on 07/12/2014

Jude was a pleasure to work with, she accommodated all of our needs and made our families feel incredibly comfortable with our mixed ceremony. Our service was not only spiritual but personal, we both felt it expressed our love and commitment to one another. After the service many of our friends came up to us and expressing how much they enjoyed the service and how it was one of the most beautiful they ever heard.
    We would highly recommend Jude

Sent on 10/27/2014

We cannot express how special Jude made our wedding ceremony, not just the single day (which she did), but in the meetings we had and in the days leading up to our wedding she was most helpful. We felt a connection to her and to her open-minded approach from our initial emails and phone calls. She allowed us to tailor our ceremony to be unique to us and for the love that we share. Many of our guests commented about how "they felt what we share and our love" - and that is huge.

While I had talked to a few wedding officiants Jude was the person who we felt understood us. In planning our wedding my fiancé and I were located on opposite coasts of the country which I thought would present some challenges, but with Jude it didn't. We were able to connect via phone and Skype. She truly made everything work for us and was flexible in how we communicated and when. I highly recommend Jude as a wedding officiant! She is a true professional as well being a caring and insightful human being. We feel lucky that our day went as it did.

Sent on 10/26/2014

Lucia · Married on 06/06/2014

Jude was great. After the ceremony, my husband and I asked ourselves "Who was our favorite vendor? Who gave us the most bang for our buck? Who actually liked us?". Jude was all these and more. She precided over a beautiful ceremony - there wasn't a dry eye in the room. We can't say enough good things about her.

Sent on 10/30/2014

Mark · Married on 05/17/2014

When my partner & I were ready to have an official wedding ceremony I did extensive research online for the right person as I've been a professional headhunter for 20+ years. Jude was one of the first ministers that I came across. There was something about her picture & bio that completely resonated with me. We finally spoke over the phone & arranged an appointment to fly into the Hudson Valley area of NY from Miami, FL to meet with her. From the first moment she stepped into our lives, she's been nothing short of amazing. Jude is extremely personable, captivating, knowledgeable & at the top of her profession. As a gay couple, our ceremony was a total co-creative process with Jude & she knew exactly how to bring out the personal elements that were most important to us, our families & friends. On the actual day of our wedding, I whispered to her, "Ok, this is your area of expertise & we're handing over the reins to you.....let's do this!" We walked out into the ceremony setting & the rest was truly otherworldly. I've never witnessed anyone bring a group together & create the remarkable synergy of love, union & commitment like Jude did. It was palpable. It was as if she was a well-seasoned conductor in front of a symphony & the final product was truly beautiful music that moves you to the core. Afterwards, we had so many guests that stated that they had never been to a more unique, authentic & touching ceremony. Not only was it far beyond our greatest expectations, but we also found a remarkable & lifelong friend in the process. Mark D. Hyde (Miami, FL)

Sent on 08/24/2014
  • F

Fred · Married on 05/17/2014

My same sex partner & I were legally married several months before at the local township with a single witness on hand. Once that was done, it gave us plenty of time to seek out the right person to do our spiritual ceremony which was actually the most important to us. We searched online, read many reviews & finally came across Jude. As soon as we met her, we instantly knew that we had found the right person. During the next several weeks, she worked with us on getting to the heart of what we wanted our wedding ceremony to be for our family & closest friends. On the actual day, Jude was simply a force. To see this wonderful being in action & creating an experience that far exceeded our expectations was something that we'll forever treasure. Look no further, because Jude Smith is truly exceptional! Fred H. Tan (Miami, FL)

Sent on 10/28/2014

Nicholas · Married on 04/26/2014

My wife and I chose Jude based on her officiating our friends' wedding and we couldn't have been happier in our choice. From a wedding attendee's perspective, she was engaging, entertaining, and very much able to roll with the punches that an outdoor wedding presented. Now, I mention the last part since midway through our friends' wedding the sky turned dark and it started to thunderstorm! Once the wedding moved inside, Jude started again with the same warmth and light she exhibited outside.
    Now, from a groom's perspective, working with Jude was incredibly easy. She's very clear about what she needs and by when and provides you with excellent suggestions but is also very accommodating. There is homework when working with Jude! She uses that homework coupled with her time spent observing the future bride and groom to write her own reflections on the couple's relationship. I felt that her reflections were genuine and really added a lot to our ceremony, not only for us, but for our guests. Through Jude's words, and our own, our guests were able to share in our joy that day.
    Jude will also run the rehearsal, which is a must if you have a large wedding party. She managed to convince all 16 members of our wedding part, plus our dogs, to walk down the aisle at the correct pace and stand where they were supposed to. That was quite a feat.

So there you go... Jude Smith is an amazing addition to your wedding day no matter which way you're experiencing the day. You will feel her warmth, engagement, and true happiness at sharing in your day no matter if you're getting married or just there for the cake.

Sent on 10/31/2014

Shels · Married on 12/07/2013

Rev Jude Smith did a fantastic job working with us to create a truly heart felt ceremony. She is a very sweet, kind, caring person. We felt comfortable with her right away, it was as if we had known her for years. Jude truly enjoys what she does and she went above and beyond to make our special day... Perfect! (Judes husband even pitched in a very helping hand) When Jude is in the room you feel a sense of inner peace. We were so lucky to have her unite us as a family. Our ceremony touched the hearts of everyone. Words cant describe what Rev. Jude Smiths ceremony has done for our entire family, after15 years of relationships between family members being in shambles..everyone is ok now. Judes warmpth and soft spoken words have changed everything. For that we cant thank her enough. We greatly greatly recommend Rev Jude Smith.

Sent on 12/23/2013

Pamela · Married on 09/27/2013

Jude officiated our ceremony this past weekend at the Inn at Erlowest this past weekend. We had met with her via phone and in person a few times before, so we already knew it would be great. However, she exceeded our expectations more than we ever could have guessed! Everyone in attendance agreed that they felt the magic and absolutely raved that the ceremony was the nicest and most personal that they have ever been to. I couldn't agree more! It was so personal, loving, and heartfelt. Her readings and words were perfect for us and suited everyone well. She was so helpful with every detail- even music selections and bringing her own wine glass to help out with our wine ceremony. Jude feels like family, and we are sure to recommend her and use her for future family events. If you want your ceremony to be personalized exactly for you, choose Jude- you will not be disappointed! Much love.

amy · Married on 09/21/2013

Jude was an incredibly welcome addition to our wedding planning. She was able to center us and greatly aided in crafting a beautiful ceremony that I will not forget for years to come. My husband and I were very adamant about having a ceremony that was spiritual but not religious and Jude was easily able to put one together that echoed the love we felt for one another. What was especially amazing was that it was so personal. We both answered questions separately and then Jude put those together and weaved our story into the ceremony. Very beautiful. She is great to work with and is willing to help with any of the other aspects of planning including recommendations. I would highly recommend Jude for other couples.

Sent on 10/01/2013

We feel so lucky and grateful to have had Rev. Jude Smith officiate our wedding. We wanted a wedding ceremony that was non-denominational yet still had weight and warmth to it. Rev. Jude helped us build a moving, transcendental and truly magical wedding ceremony. Rev. Jude helped us navigate the seemingly intimidating landscape of building our wedding ceremony. She provided a clear, calming road map for us - giving us solid logistical help on wrangling our large bridal party and families as well as endless resources of poems and vows to handcraft a wedding ceremony perfect for us. Our families were all so moved by the ceremony - many commented that it was so personal and warm we must have known Rev. Jude for years. But in fact we had worked with Rev. Jude remotely for just a couple weeks leading up to the wedding. This is testament to the warmth and sensitivity she brings to her work and her amazing aptitude to get to the heart of relationship, fully celebrating and honoring that relationship with a uniquely crafted wedding ceremony. She created a magical and loving foundation to build our marriage on and we could not be happier!

Sent on 10/02/2013

blake · Married on 09/14/2013

We were lucky to find Jude at the last minute- just two weeks before the wedding. We are so happy that we found her. She walked us through the ceremony and helped us to personalize it. We were presented with a variety of vows and poems to choose meaningful passages from that were great. We also filled out a reflection about why we were choosing to get married which was helpful as well. This really made it feel like we customized the ceremony to fit us.

Although the time we had before the wedding was brief Jude went over everything with us and read us the ceremony over the phone. She also helped with a lot of things I wasn't thinking about like the order of the wedding procession, where it's best for people to stand and sit, how to cue the musicians etc. By the day of the wedding we felt very connected to her having only known her for a short time.

All in all Jude knows how to conduct a wedding ceremony like a pro. Combine that with her being such a loving and sweet person and you've got a top notch officiant. Some people really love their jobs and strive to do them well. If you work with Jude you can tell this is what she really loves to do and that it truly makes her happy to be joining couples in marriage. We were very honored to have her as our officiant and are overjoyed that Jude has blessed us and our rings. She was the perfect officiant for our wedding.

Sent on 10/04/2013

Daniella · Married on 09/09/2013

If you're seeking a meaningful reverend to officiant a wedding, look no further, Rev Jude will surpass all of your expectations. I don't handle being in the spot light very well, so being the bride and having to speak in front of others wasn't something I was looking forward to. Jude eased all my worries with what to expect during a practice run in our met and greet. She also helped me put together the most important words I would say to the person I love the most! As if that wasn't enough, she was calm the day of, making me feel in control with her guidance and well worded ceremony. I owe one of the best moments of my wedding day to Reverend Jude!

Sent on 09/29/2013

Brittany · Married on 08/31/2013

My husband and I had a difficult time finding the right officiant to lead our wedding ceremony until we met Jude. Immediately we were speaking the same language on our expectations and what we wanted our ceremony, and the beginning of our journey together to achieve, not just for ourselves but for our guests as well. Mark and I had been envisioning a labyrinth ceremony for our wedding, we both had lots of ideas and excitement flying around the labyrinth. It wasn't until we FINALLY met Jude that we realized how difficult such a ceremony would be to pull off. Jude made us extremely comfortable with our decision to build a labyrinth ceremony and continued on surprising us with adding and suggesting things that superbly enhanced the direction of the labyrinth ceremony.

We shared our idea with Jude and continued to inspire us to use our imagination to make this day as beautiful, special and prepared as possible- physically, mentally and emotionally. She led our entire wedding (all of 19 people) on a journey that ourselves, and our guests will NEVER forget. Jude has an amazing way of setting the tone of energy in a space and bringing everyone onto the same plane. With Jude's skill and the power of the labyrinth and family, I was brought to tears several times, and I am NOT typically a crier!!

Mark and I both recognize there is no one else on god's green earth that could have ever performed just a ceremony, except for Jude and we are so incredibly grateful to have had her lead us into marriage together. All of her guiding words and wisdom prepared us for marriage, not just our wedding day and we will always be grateful!

We look forward to spending time with Jude in the future, she is not the type of officiant you see on your wedding day, never to speak to again, but one you can seek guidance from, for years to come.

Thank you Jude for all you do!

Kim · Married on 08/24/2013

I first contacted Jude after finding her website and reading about her support for marriage equality, something that is very important to both my partner and me. Once I talked to her on the phone, I knew that I had found the right officiant! Talking with Jude was like talking with an old friend; I felt that we had an immediate connection and that she really "got" what my partner and I wanted in a simple, private ceremony. I contacted her somewhat last minute, with only about two weeks before the date that we had selected, but she was very flexible and fit us in around two other ceremonies that she had scheduled for the same day! She was even able to provide a witness for us, since we were traveling out of state and were not bringing guests. Jude made the whole process, from beginning to end, so easy and stress-free!

Sent on 10/05/2013

Tracy L · Married on 08/23/2013

Rev. Jude was an amazing. My wife and I were traveling from Florida to get married up at Lake Minnewaska and she was all for the possible hike that she may have had to take. Luck for her and our guest, my wife and I found a perfect spot just yards from the parking lot.
    Being out of state my wife and I were extremely nervous about how to get things accomplished, but the one thing that we knew that we did not have to worry about was who was going to perform the ceremony. Rev. Jude was more than accommodating and staid in constant contact and was there to answer any questions that we may have had.
    Thank you Rev. Jude for making our wedding a huge success and the most memorable day in our lives!
    Michelle & Tracy

Sent on 10/09/2013

Mark · Married on 08/17/2013

Jude Smith was the officiant for our interfaith wedding this summer and we could not have been more pleased. Not only was she incredible on the day of but she spent a lot of time getting to know us and really building a relationship with us before the special day - which really made the experience unique.

We first spoke with Jude nearly 6 months before the wedding. We were living in London at the time - for some it could have been a challenge but she was extremely flexible and organized. Our first chat was a lovely several hour call where she genuinely spent time getting to know us and really built a connection with us. She was so warm and welcoming - we loved sharing our story and love with her.

We met a few times following before the wedding, continuing to build our relationship and her getting to know us, our hopes for the big day and how she could really make it special. She didn't miss a detail and truly catered every word.

On the actual day, her ceremony was exactly what we could have hoped for - unique, catered and completely sincere.

Several months later we continue to keep in touch :)

We would recommend Jude for anyone, particularly those who plan to have an interfaith or uniquely spiritual wedding!

• Ashley

Ashley · Married on 07/05/2013

Rev. Jude exceeded every expectation my husband and I ever had for our wedding ceremony! The ceremony she wrote for us was the highlight of our wedding - it was personal, thoughtful, unique and totally "us". Our guests were blown away by how special and moving the ceremony was and people are still talking about it months after the wedding! Rev. Jude is one of those unique few that genuinely loves what she does and cares deeply about the couples she works with - it's not just a job to her.

The entire process of working with Rev. Jude was an absolute joy! She was always there to guide us and offer advice, but never made us feel like we had to do anything a certain way. I am so thankful we found her and would recommend her a hundred times over!

Sent on 10/03/2013
  • Steve

Steve · Married on 07/05/2013

Jude was wonderful! From the first time we spoke with Rev. Jude we immediately knew she was the perfect fit for us. She had a contagious enthusiasm throughout the process, which was evident in the wonderful ceremony she delivered for us. Rev. Jude has an amazing ability to understand what her couples want/need and a gift for translating their unique story into a custom ceremony. We could not have been happier with our decision to have her officiate our wedding.

We highly recommend Jude!

Sent on 10/03/2013

Alisa · Married on 06/30/2013

Great ceremony, wonderful to work with. Easy to communicate with.

Sent on 07/11/2013

Stefanie · Married on 06/15/2013

The warmth I feel from taking the time to remember the most beautiful moments of our wedding is a clear indication of just how special it was...
    Rev. Jude took the time to understand my husband and I. She created a ceremony that was inclusive and focused on love. She included our traditions, our characteristics, listened to our apprehensions and concerns and advised us lovingly. It couldn't have been any better than it was...it would be impossible.
    We are blessed with radiant love and we found someone who could channel it beautifully.
    She will take her time with you and is organized and detail oriented. I highly recommend Rev. Jude as I know she values each and every union she performs.

Sent on 10/01/2013

Stef · Married on 06/15/2013

Jude is a very special person. She puts a tremendous amount of effort into making sure your ceremony is right for you. She speaks the language of love and everyone relates and feels connected to her. She created a beautiful ceremony for our baby and we are so grateful. She is organized and extremely efficient. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 05/23/2016

Rev. Jude Smith's reply:

Thank you Steffie and Greg! What a delight to be able to once again spend time with you and your family, as we welcomed your precious daughter into the world through her baby blessing and naming ceremony. I will never forget the way she gazed into my eyes during the blessings, with a wisdom that was far greater than her very young years!

Lacey · Married on 05/11/2013

I never considered how important having a good minister was until I went to a wedding that had a bad one! After I experienced that wedding and was beginning to plan my own I started looking online for someone to customize my ceremony. I knew right away that I wanted to use Reverend Jude. I love her samples on the website and was comforted after speaking to her. She help customize a ceremony that met our needs and budget. She took the time to meet with us and ask questions that made our ceremony very detailed and personal. I really wanted our ceremony to leave people feeling a certain way, and it definitely did. It POURED outside during our ceremony and we were wet and struggling to hear yet Rev. Jude had a great demeanor about her that seemed to quiet the rain and make the ceremony beautiful. I received a ton of complements from our guests and am sure I made the right choice.

Sent on 06/10/2013

Katee · Married on 10/20/2012

From the very first phone call, or should I say the very first 5 minutes of our phone call with Rev. Jude, I knew right away that she was who we wanted to officiate our wedding. Rev. Jude worked with us to help us create a unique, heartfelt, and highly personal ceremony. One after another guests kept coming up to us at the wedding and now many months after, commenting on the energy and authenticity of our ceremony. Rev. Jude is a beautiful soul and her love for what she does truly shines through. Our wedding day would not have been the same without her.

Sent on 01/13/2013