Rev. James Hary Reviews

54 | Strongsville, OH

54 Reviews for Rev. James Hary

54 Rev. James Hary Reviews

Alice · Married on 06/22/2013

Superb minister! That's Rev. Hary. Very personable. Five star wedding ceremony. Everything went great for us.

Beth · Married on 02/02/2013

Although Rev. Hary does travel to reception halls and off-site locations, we got married at his church (Grace Chapel) and everything went well. The church dates back to 1823 and we loved the old time charm it has. The fee was about half of what other officiants wanted. He even had music for us!

Nancy · Married on 03/14/2013

Getting married at a church without having to join or come to counseling sessions was a blessing. The ceremony was superb and meaningful. All aspects of our wedding were fulfilled exactly.

Elizabeth · Married on 01/28/2017

3.0

Rev. James Hary performed a wonderful service that was especially speedy, just like we wanted. The issues I had were that he didn't tell us what our vows would be prior to the day of, even though we asked. I made sure certain things were not going to be in there, which he accommodated, but he never actually told us what we were going to vow to prior to. Another issue I had was he snapped at myself and the venue coordinator, which was incredibly unprofessional and made me feel very uncomfortable on the day of the rehearsal. I'm hoping he was just having an off day.
    It's obvious he's done this many times and he's comfortable up there and won't mess anything up, but his professionalism might need a little work. He takes marrying two people very seriously, so he will absolutely show on the big day - no matter if there is a tornado, blizzard, or otherwise. He assured us of that (which is important when you get married in Cleveland at the end of January). He is well-worth the price.

Sent on 02/14/2017

Rev. James Hary's reply:

Perhaps they forgot, but I had gone over the vows months earlier when I met the couple and they did not ask for copies. The vows were simple repeat after me. Nothing to memorize for them. Nothing that would conflict with what they wanted. No tongue twisting words. It all went "wonderful" as she said, so I don't get it? The rehearsal was already 30 minutes late due to confusion by the coordinator as to how to start. I simply stepped in and got it in motion and organized as I was hired to do. I deny any negative attitude. After the wedding the bride, groom, and guests all expressed pleasure with my ceremony. The coordinator asked for my business cards and said she would put me on their referral list. Prior to this review no-one contacted me to discuss any of the issues raised. Even so, I sincerely wish much happiness for this couple.