Rev. Gerry Appel Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

Carla R. Married on 10/02/2021

Fantastic Wedding Officiant

From the first conversation with Rev. Gerry, I knew he was the best person to perform our ceremony. He provided us with ceremony templates to choose from. He answered all our questions. He has such a warm friendly personality. He made our ceremony flow with ease. We would highly recommend him.
    Andy Married on 05/08/2021

Excellent Officiant

We hired Gerry to officiate our wedding and he was fantastic. He was very easy to work with and made our ceremony very special with his words. Highly recommend!
    Alexandra H. Married on 05/01/2021

Great Wedding Officiant

Rev. Gerry was great from the first time we contacted him. He was so sweet and helpful in planning a beautiful wedding ceremony for us. I’ve could tell he he truly cared about our wedding and wanted it to be wonderful. We were able to incorporate every detail we wanted into the ceremony without a problem (even when we made last minute changes).

The ceremony itself was beautiful. Gerry made us all laugh a bit and kept things flowing nicely. He had some sweet words to say to us as well.

Rev. Gerry is awesome, and we would recommend him to anyone getting married! You won’t regret it. He is a quality guy and did a great job at our wedding!
    Gerard R. Married on 10/19/2019

Rev. Gerry was the best!

Look no further for your wedding officiant needs. From the very start, Rev. Gerry responded quickly and was so accommodating to myself and my beautiful bride. He explained during an initial phone call exactly what we needed to know and everything that would happen leading up to our wedding day. He eventually met us halfway in person and was so well prepared with sample ceremonies. He allowed us to perfectly craft our ceremony to our liking and sent us all we needed. My wife and I were very impressed with him and decided to book him. The months leading up to our wedding, Rev. Gerry was remarkably responsive to my emails and answered all our questions.

The day of our wedding, Rev. Gerry showed up early and immediately sprung into action organizing proper paperwork with witnesses. The ceremony itself could not have been better and Rev. Gerry did such an amazing job. A few well placed jokes accompanied his perfect execution of our personalized ceremony and his experience shined. We got so many compliments from our guests. All in all, we are so grateful we had Rev. Gerry be a part of our day.
  • Courtney
    Courtney Married on 05/10/2019

Excellent!!

As soon as I spoke to Reverend Gerry on the phone, I knew he was the right person to officiate our wedding. He was so friendly and warm & knowledgeable, so that put me at ease right away. When we met and discussed how our ceremony would go, he was so easy to work with and made that process stress free. On the day of our wedding, our ceremony was so beautifully done. He even made us laugh during some points which helped us ease up! We got so many compliments on what a beautiful ceremony we had!!! Thank you so much for being a part of our day and making the process so easy!!
    H Married on 04/27/2019

Great experience!

Rev. Gerry was an absolute joy to work with. He helped us through the process of creating a perfect ceremony for our wedding. He was easy to work with and responsive when we had questions. Our wedding ceremony was just what we wanted and Rev. Gerry helped that happen. Highly recommend!
    Caralyn Married on 11/02/2018

Best Experience!!

Rev. Gerry officiated our wedding just a couple days ago and just as we knew it would be, it was a beautiful ceremony with everything we could have wanted! From the first time we met him, and he helped us put together the perfect ceremony for us, we knew we made the best decision in choosing Rev. Gerry. He is so personable, professional, and absolutely fantastic at what he does, my husband and I could not have been happier! We Highly recommend Rev. Gerry!!
    Jordan G. Married on 10/26/2018

Amazing job!

Gerry was everything my fiancé and I expected and more. He was professional and performed exceptional at our ceremony. I would recommend to anyone who needs a officiant. Thank you Gerry.

-Jordan and Katie
  • victoria
    Victoria Married on 10/18/2018

One Word - Perfect

This was one of the easiest decisions to make! Rev Gerry really worked with us to create a ceremony that was both meaningful and memorable. So many of our guests complimented us on the beautiful ceremony, making sure to let us know how much they loved Gerry! Highly recommended, 5 stars! He helped make our night just THAT much more perfect!
    Jessica Married on 10/07/2018

A memorable ceremony

Reverend Gerry just officiated my recent wedding at Perona Farms. He took the time to meet with us beforehand and get to know us, answer all of our questions and help us pick the our readings, vows, etc to fit our ceremony to our needs. He was always prompt in responding to emails and he made sure to confirm details with us in advance of the event. He performed a wonderful ceremony that was light hearted, funny, and short and sweet. We had received many compliments afterward from guests regarding the ceremony and how beautiful It was. I wished he could have stayed for our reception, but he had a meeting afterward. Otherwise, he was wonderful!
    Ashlee Married on 09/22/2018
    Gerry was AMAZING. Talk about accommodating.. We live far and that was making planning difficult but gerry didn't hesitate to help us anyway he could. I loved that I had options for our ceremony which we could mix / match or tweak to our liking and after jumping the gun too early saying "I do" he smoothly made it comical for myself and everyone attending (lol) I had several people come up to me after the ceremony telling me how amazing gerry was. Look not further, highly HIGHLY suggest gerry for your wedding!!!!!
    Jennifer Married on 06/01/2018
    Reverend Gerry officiated our wedding on June 1, 2018 and was wonderful to work with. He really took the time to get to know us before the wedding so that we had a more personal experience. He worked with us on the details of the ceremony until we had it just as we wanted it - if there was a paragraph or section we didn't quite like, he presented us with alternative options so that it was customized to our liking. Leading up to the ceremony, he was extremely responsive to all of our emails and phone calls, and was a huge help in guiding us through the day-of necessities and afterwards, the process of obtaining the marriage license. The ceremony itself was the perfect length - succinct, but heartfelt and beautifully spoken. If you are thinking of booking Reverend Gerry for your wedding, don't hesitate!
    Katie Married on 05/26/2018
    Rev. Gerry was exactly what we had hoped for in an officiant for our wedding. We found him about a month ahead of our wedding and he made sure the ceremony was exactly what we wanted and that we felt comfortable with everything before the big day. He was always prompt in responding and made sure to confirm all the details with us again the week of the wedding. He was so nice to work with and my family enjoyed talking with him before our ceremony. He is an experienced professional and made the ceremony feel personal and special to us. We can’t thank him enough and highly recommend him to anyone in the area looking for a truly kind and professional officiant.
    Ashley Married on 04/28/2018
    I hired Reverend Gerry Appel to be the officiant for our wedding this past weekend on April 28, 2018. He was extremely professional and an absolute pleasure to work with. He took the time to listen to what we wanted our ceremony to be and was able to create a beautiful and emotional piece that EVERYONE loved and raved about. After our ceremony my matrie d' and DJ pulled me aside and asked how I found him. I told them the story, and they said how he did such an amazing job and they would love to recommend him to their future clients. When we greeted our guests during cocktail hour EVERYONE had something amazing to say about the ceremony and Reverend Gerry. They loved his sincerity and warmth that he brought to such an emotional event such as our wedding. I would recommend him to ANYONE that wants to make their wedding day even more special, and create a moment where not only you are in tears by the lovely ceremony, but also your guests! Thank you Reverend Gerry for everything. Rich and I greatly appreciate it all!
    Christian Married on 09/30/2017
    We couldn't have asked for a better wedding day, nor could we have asked for a better officiant. Rev. Gerry was courteous, knowledgeable, flexible, and fun! 5 out of 5 stars, would HIGHLY recommend to anyone I care about!
    Tara Married on 09/09/2017
    Rev. Gerry was great! Super responsive, super friendly and willing to do anything you want for your ceremony. I did not want a religious ceremony and some family members were concerned that the ceremony would lack heart and meaning without including religious elements. Not true at all. Our ceremony was warm, funny and special!
    Kristy Married on 09/08/2017
    Gerry was just what we were looking for! He met us halfway to discuss our vision for the ceremony. He offered up many different ideas for the ceremony with various readings we could choose from. We ended up deciding on something short and sweet with a reading from my uncle as well. He made sure to announce my uncle and alotted just the right time to go through each piece. We enjoyed the lite humor and laughter he brought to us as well as our guests. He was very helpful in helping us obtain the marriage license as well. I definitely recommend Gerry if you want to incorporate some religious traditions while keeping things modern and fun.
    Stefanie Married on 09/03/2017
    Gerry was such a pleasure to work with. He made us feel comfortable from the first time we spoke with him. My husband and I did not want to write our own vows and Gerry made picking our vows so easy and stress free. I would highly recommend Rev. Gerry Appel!
    Victoria Married on 07/02/2017
    Gerry did a wonderful job officiating our wedding. He made the ceremony very special and lovely. My husband and I are very pleased and enjoyed our big day. Our ceremony was very memorable and amazing. I recommend it.
    Marcin Married on 06/10/2017
    Rev Gerry made our wedding ceremony truly special and tailored to our needs, expectations and believes. From the moment we meet to discuss our wedding day to final words at the ceremony he was a true professional. Highly recommend his services to all the engaged couple's out there looking for an officiant. Marcin & Alison
    Kendra Married on 05/06/2017
    Gerry was really wonderful. Not only were we able to have him officiate our wedding on a limited time frame but he listened and included elements to the wedding ceremony that were important to us and our families. He was warm and funny and a wonderful officiante.
    Tina Married on 04/08/2017
    Rev Gerry did an amazing job! He was compassionate to our needs and made our ceremony flawless. He also made us and our guests laugh a few times :) I would definitely recommend him!
    Jess Married on 03/25/2017
    My new Husband and I cannot express how pleased we were with Reverend Gerry. Upon meeting him we quickly booked his services. He was personable, attentive and easy to work with. The ceremony we created was exactly what I had envisioned. It was sweet, sincere and personal and all of our guests raved about it! We highly recommend Reverend Gerry!
    Mike Married on 10/31/2016
    We had Gerry at our wedding and it was great! Everything went off without a hitch. Gerry was warm and jovial. The whole experience was beyond our expectations. I would certainly recommend Gerry to anyone looking for an officiant.
    Abigail Married on 10/29/2016
    Great great officiant. Our ceremony was so fun and light hearted, just the vibe we asked for. Rev. Gerry related to us and made the whole room feel involved in our day with his kind words and tone. I could not have asked for a better officiant to marry us. If you are looking for an officiant Rev. Gerry is your guy!