66 Reviews for Rev. Gerry Appel

Rehearsal (1)
Catholic (1)
Agnostic (1)
66 Rev. Gerry Appel Reviews

Rev. Gerry was exactly what we had hoped for in an officiant for our wedding. We found him about a month ahead of our wedding and he made sure the ceremony was exactly what we wanted and that we felt comfortable with everything before the big day. He was always prompt in responding and made sure to confirm all the details with us again the week of the wedding. He was so nice to work with and my family enjoyed talking with him before our ceremony. He is an experienced professional and made the ceremony feel personal and special to us. We can’t thank him enough and highly recommend him to anyone in the area looking for a truly kind and professional officiant.

Profile Picture Katie, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I hired Reverend Gerry Appel to be the officiant for our wedding this past weekend on April 28, 2018. He was extremely professional and an absolute pleasure to work with. He took the time to listen to what we wanted our ceremony to be and was able to create a beautiful and emotional piece that EVERYONE loved and raved about. After our ceremony my matrie d' and DJ pulled me aside and asked how I found him. I told them the story, and they said how he did such an amazing job and they would love to recommend him to their future clients. When we greeted our guests during cocktail hour EVERYONE had something amazing to say about the ceremony and Reverend Gerry. They loved his sincerity and warmth that he brought to such an emotional event such as our wedding. I would recommend him to ANYONE that wants to make their wedding day even more special, and create a moment where not only you are in tears by the lovely ceremony, but also your guests! Thank you Reverend Gerry for everything. Rich and I greatly appreciate it all!

Profile Picture Ashley, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We couldn't have asked for a better wedding day, nor could we have asked for a better officiant. Rev. Gerry was courteous, knowledgeable, flexible, and fun! 5 out of 5 stars, would HIGHLY recommend to anyone I care about!

Profile Picture Christian, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Gerry was great! Super responsive, super friendly and willing to do anything you want for your ceremony. I did not want a religious ceremony and some family members were concerned that the ceremony would lack heart and meaning without including religious elements. Not true at all. Our ceremony was warm, funny and special!

Profile Picture Tara, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Gerry was just what we were looking for! He met us halfway to discuss our vision for the ceremony. He offered up many different ideas for the ceremony with various readings we could choose from. We ended up deciding on something short and sweet with a reading from my uncle as well. He made sure to announce my uncle and alotted just the right time to go through each piece. We enjoyed the lite humor and laughter he brought to us as well as our guests. He was very helpful in helping us obtain the marriage license as well. I definitely recommend Gerry if you want to incorporate some religious traditions while keeping things modern and fun.

Profile Picture Kristy, 9/8/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Non-religious

Gerry was such a pleasure to work with. He made us feel comfortable from the first time we spoke with him. My husband and I did not want to write our own vows and Gerry made picking our vows so easy and stress free. I would highly recommend Rev. Gerry Appel!

Profile Picture Stefanie , 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Gerry did a wonderful job officiating our wedding. He made the ceremony very special and lovely. My husband and I are very pleased and enjoyed our big day. Our ceremony was very memorable and amazing. I recommend it.

Profile Picture Victoria , 7/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev Gerry made our wedding ceremony truly special and tailored to our needs, expectations and believes. From the moment we meet to discuss our wedding day to final words at the ceremony he was a true professional. Highly recommend his services to all the engaged couple's out there looking for an officiant. Marcin & Alison

Profile Picture Marcin, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Gerry was really wonderful. Not only were we able to have him officiate our wedding on a limited time frame but he listened and included elements to the wedding ceremony that were important to us and our families. He was warm and funny and a wonderful officiante.

Profile Picture Kendra, 5/6/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, Licensed, No Denomination

Rev Gerry did an amazing job! He was compassionate to our needs and made our ceremony flawless. He also made us and our guests laugh a few times :) I would definitely recommend him!

Profile Picture Tina, 4/8/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Civil Union, Non-religious

My new Husband and I cannot express how pleased we were with Reverend Gerry. Upon meeting him we quickly booked his services. He was personable, attentive and easy to work with. The ceremony we created was exactly what I had envisioned. It was sweet, sincere and personal and all of our guests raved about it! We highly recommend Reverend Gerry!

Profile Picture Jess, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We had Gerry at our wedding and it was great! Everything went off without a hitch. Gerry was warm and jovial. The whole experience was beyond our expectations. I would certainly recommend Gerry to anyone looking for an officiant.

Profile Picture Mike, 10/31/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Great great officiant. Our ceremony was so fun and light hearted, just the vibe we asked for. Rev. Gerry related to us and made the whole room feel involved in our day with his kind words and tone. I could not have asked for a better officiant to marry us. If you are looking for an officiant Rev. Gerry is your guy!

Profile Picture Abigail, 10/29/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Non-religious, Licensed

Reverend Gerry is absolutely AMAZING!! Hurry up and Book him asap! My husband and I loved every single minute of our ceremony. Rev Gerry was on time and well-prepared for our ceremony. He made us feel like we have known him for a long time. I was pretty nervous and I even cried during the ceremony but Rev Gerry was patience and made me feel very comfortable with his kindness. Rev Gerry was very friendly with our guests and family. He is also very adaptable…. You can totally tell him what you want and he will try his best to accommodate you. He completely respects your believes and definitely tries to incorporate them into the ceremony. Thank you Rev Gerry… you made our ceremony unforgettable.

Profile Picture User6273873, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Interfaith Ceremony, Single Religion, Customized Vows, Licensed

Jerry was awesome.

From the moment we met him until moments before our wedding, Jerry was very responsive and answered any questions that we had. I would recommend him to anyone that asked.

Profile Picture William, 8/26/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Gerry was a pleasure to work with from the start. He was prompt and professional with meeting. He came prepared with different styles of the ceremony and welcomed changes to make it more personal. He was easy to contact and wrote back quickly. He spoke clearly during the ceremony and everyone enjoyed his easy going nature. He also helped with any questions regarding the filing of the marriage license and how to follow up with obtaining the certificate.

Profile Picture Caitlyn, 8/20/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

LOOK NO FURTHER FOR YOUR OFFICIANT!! We stumbled across Gerry after contacting another officiant who was not available for our wedding date. He happily referred us to Gerry and sang his praises, and we are so glad we found him! Gerry was nothing but professional from the moment we met him. We didn't know what readings we wanted to include, but we knew how we wanted the ceremony to feel. Gerry took the time to make our vision a reality, helping us select readings that were personal and meaningful to our relationship. You would have thought he knew us for years! He was relaxed, poised, and sincere with just the right amount of humor included. A great speaker! People raved about our ceremony immediately after, and are still saying it was one of the best ceremonies they have ever seen - who would have thought people would be so into a ceremony?! Gerry will not disappoint and I promise your ceremony will be perfect!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/9/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev Gerry was poised, professional, calm, and also knew how to put a smile on everyone's face. He gave us the comfort of a well thought out and professional ceremony, but was flexible and responsive to all the small customizations we wanted to make it truly our own.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 7/2/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Agnostic, Licensed, Non-religious

Rev. Gerry was very intent and calming. He knows exactly what needs to be accomplished and helps guide you step by step through the whole process. It could have been an overwhelming with someone else but he truly was the expert that eased us through! The ceremony went so well!

Profile Picture Megan, 6/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I found Reverend Gerry after reading reviews on this site. I'm so happy I reached out and booked him! Rev. Gerry was great to work with. He provided so many options for the ceremony and made the selection process so easy. He provided us with a word document of the whole ceremony and let us make as many changes to it as we liked. He really let us build our own custom ceremony that was just perfect for us. He was extremely polite and professional. His performance during the ceremony was perfect and he even added in some humor which was wonderful. Rev. Gerry really was amazing and helped make our wedding perfect!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 5/20/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Absolutely wonderful!! We were married on the 15th in a cold what seemed like wind tunnel (lol) and Rev Gerry did not skip a beat. He kept the ceremony lite, loving and added commentary to warm the chilly guests and created lasting memories for all. After the ceremony my new hubby and I had a few minutes to ourselves and we couldn't stop talking about how surreal the ceremony was and how sentimental and touching he made the ceremony. We are so thankful for Rev Gerry and he was well worth the fee :) we will have those memories forever!! Thank you Rev Gerry!!!!!

Profile Picture Kristen, 5/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Catholic, No Denomination, Customized Vows, Licensed, Single Religion

Reverend Gerry was kind, patient, and had a great sneaks of humor. He gave us exactly what we wanted and when I changed my mind the night before at 10 pm, he gave us exactly what we wanted again. He went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect and when we forgot the license he made arrangements to meet us the next day! We were a mess, he was nothing short of professional and just a really great soul to marry a fun and loving couple! Thank you Gerry!

Profile Picture Caitiln , 5/13/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev Gerry was great and working with him was easy and enjoyable. He is a wonderful choice for interfaith couples, as he provided a beautiful non-denominational wedding ceremony for us. The ceremony was beautiful and funny; all of our guests raved about it. Rev Gerry was also super flexible - we had a last minute change to the timeline of our wedding day and he was willing to accommodate us and keep the process stress free. Really happy we found him and had the chance to work with him!

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/24/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Non-religious

Gerry was fantastic! He did such a great job keeping the ceremony light and fun, just as we wanted (but he will also make it as traditional as the couple wants to meet their needs). Prior to the wedding we met with Gerry and went over all details and readings, he was extremely organized-like the seasoned pro he is!

Profile Picture Nicole , 10/10/15, 7 Reviews