83 Reviews for Rev. Gary Deinstadt

Single Religion (2)
Interfaith Ceremony (2)
Civil Union (1)
83 Rev. Gary Deinstadt Reviews

Rev Gary was great to work with for our wedding. He helped us put together a meaningful ceremony unique to us. Our family and friends could not stop raving about how much they enjoyed the ceremony and Rev Gary himself.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 10/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Non-religious, Single Religion, No Denomination

We are so thankful that we decided to have Reverend Gary officiate our wedding! When trying to decide on what kind of ceremony we wanted to have we were struggling to find the right mix of religious/traditional but personal and unique. Gary helped us achieve just the right combination and was extremely kind and patient throughout the entire process. We were able to personalize the ceremony as much as we wanted and received so many compliments on what a beautiful ceremony it turned out to be and what a wonderful job Gary did! Many people asked us where we found him and said it felt like he knew us for years because the ceremony truly felt unique to us! If you are looking for a reverend who will go above and beyond to ensure that your ceremony is absolutely perfect and unique to you, look no further Gary is it!

Profile Picture Elissa, 9/16/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Non-religious, Licensed

Rev Gary was absolutely from start to finish for our wedding. He was so flexible and personable, and really got to know my husband and I. We met up at Panera, and he asked us a few questions about our relationship and important life qualities we found important. He provided us with a packet of a few options for ceremonies and readings. Rev Gary was so great in guiding us in the right direction, and helped us come up with the perfect ceremony just for us. You are able to mix and match and add/delete any portion of the ceremony you wish, and can really make it your own. My guests are still complimenting me on how professional Rev Gary was, and how beautiful the reading was and just how he delivered it. He speaks with such a presence that really delivers the message most are trying to convey on their wedding day. Rev Gary was super responsive via email, and is there to help you every step of the way. We also received our marriage certificate within a week (in NY)!! You will not be disappointed in choosing Reverend Gary for your wedding!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Reverend Gary was an absolute pleasure to work with. From the first time we met, at the local diner, to discuss our ideas and plans for our ceremony, he made us feel so important. We felt very comfortable discussing everything with him and he asked great questions when getting to know us that reminded me of why we chose to get married to each other. The variety of options he provides for the style and type of ceremony were extremely helpful and the best was we were able to really personalize it. He was extremely helpful throughout the process and punctual when responding to emails. We left for our honeymoon 2 days after the wedding and our marriage license was here by the time we were back home. Reverend Gary, you are a special and wonderful person. Thank you for being a part of our special day!

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We chose to have Gary officiate our wedding after meeting with him for about an hour or so. He spent some time asking us questions and getting to know us, and at the end of the meeting we were sure that we had the right person. We knew that we wanted a non-religious ceremony, and he had plenty of pre-written ones that met our needs well. We were able to customize our ceremony via email, and the process couldn’t have been smoother. He was accommodating to our preferences and had many great ideas and suggestions along the way. The actual ceremony he gave was perfect. Our friends and family were so impressed and were surprised to find out that we hadn’t actually known him all our lives. He also made the process of completing our marriage license a breeze. We highly recommend Reverend Deinstadt!

Profile Picture Kyle, 8/26/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination

Rev. Gary was amazing! From the first time we sat down with him, we could tell how passionate he was about what he did. He listened to our thoughts and took the time to get to know us and our story. Arranging a ceremony proved to be one of the most difficult parts of wedding planning, but Gary made it that much easier. He was always available to answer any questions and relieve any stress we had regarding the wedding. Gary was very supportive of our ideas and was able to offer advice based on his vast knowledge and experience. He understood and respected our personal backgrounds and was able to plan a ceremony tailored to both of us. He made it intimate and special for my husband and I while keeping it enjoyable, and occasionally humorous, for our guests. After the ceremony, practically all of our guests approached us to ask about our amazing officiant. Our ceremony was even better than we could have imagined. We are so thankful to Gary for all of his help and guidance throughout this process. We will always look back on this day with no regrets.
Sincerely,
Casey and Billy Fichthorn​

Profile Picture Casey, 8/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My daughter and now son-in law married in June of 2016 after a year engagement... I researched and spoke to several officiants to preform the services and not having a referral, had my homework cut out for me. Fortunately, after not being sure pressed on and low and behold, I came upon Reverend Gary Deinstadt . One conversation, and I knew this would be the perfect match after a conversation. Once Lisa and Eric met him at a local restaurant for lunch, they knew it was meant to be. At the wedding, he captured the ear and hearts of the 200 guests that had his attention. In the sincere manner in which he spoke his words that were touching, deep, intimate as he may have known them for years, and humorous. From the reception to now (almost 2 mos now) I am still receiving messages of compliments of the beautiful wedding and Tappan Hill and the oh so "perfect" heart-felt ceremony and vow exchange led by Reverend Gary Deinstadt

Profile Picture mary, 6/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

When my husband and I first met Gary we knew he was the minister we wanted to go with. We felt so comfortable with Gary. He spend a lot of time learning about our story and understanding us as individuals and as a couple. During our ceremony, it was clear he was able to take the information we provided and used it to deliver this wonderful story. It was as if he knew us for years. Friends and family were all impressed by the short but sweet ceremony. We are so grateful for all of Gary’s guidance. As a bride, it was comforting to know he was taking care of the ceremony and I could trust it was going to go smoothly. We highly recommend Gray for your special day!

Profile Picture Lisa, 6/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Gary was so amazing for our wedding this past weekend. He spoke as though he had known us forever, making sure that our ceremony was about what we loved and felt was the most important to us. He tailored everything to our specifications, and had so many options to make it personalized to us. He was a pleasure to work with, and all of our guests loved the emotion felt during our ceremony.

Profile Picture jordan, 6/9/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Non-religious, No Denomination

My now husband and I first met with Rev. Gary at a convenient half way point between all of us, and within the first 5 minutes we knew he would be the one to marry us. We had such a warm and pleasant conversation and he asked deep questions to really try to learn more about us. We booked him right away and he sent us samples of the different types of ceremony options. We knew we wanted an outdoor ceremony, but my husband is Catholic and he really wanted a religious ceremony. I on the other hand wanted something very personal and emotional. We found the perfect blend in one of Rev. Gary's ceremony options. Communication with him leading up to the wedding was easy and he always answered promptly (sometimes he even gave me reminders I had forgotten about).
Our wedding day and ceremony was the most perfect, and euphoric experience of my life. Rev. Gary touched every one of our guests with his words. We have received so many compliments about him. Many of our guests said it was the best and most touching ceremony they have ever witnessed. I want to keep in touch with him even now that the wedding is over because he had such an impact on my husband and I and our family. Thank you Rev. Gary!

Profile Picture Haley, 6/3/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Customized Vows, Licensed, Interfaith Ceremony

Reverend Gary was truly professional and a pleasure to work with - he was able to put together a wedding ceremony that completely matched our vision of the day - we were so happy and honored to have him be a part of our special day!

Profile Picture Jena, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Gary was truly wonderful both on the day of our wedding, and during the months leading up to it as we worked together to find just the right readings and blessings to achieve the feeling we were hoping to create during our ceremony. We chose to blend traditional and modern and during our first meeting, Rev. Gary was kind of enough to suggest a Wine Box ceremony which we ended up using and loved. I cannot wait to open the letters my husband and I wrote to one another on our 5th Anniversary! Rev. Gary then stayed with us throughout cocktail hour and into the beginning of the reception so that he could lead us in a short Blessing before the meals were served, complete with a champagne toast. Family and friends have spoken so highly of him since our big day, and we couldn't be happier. He was kind, patient, reassuring and very responsive. If you are looking to create a truly unique ceremony, Rev. Gary will help you achieve all that you are hoping to. He also took care of mailing in our witnessed marriage license so that the certificate would arrive while we were away on our Honeymoon. After planning a wedding, it was one less thing we had to worry about, and I appreciated it. His advice is well mannered and he is very thoughtful when making suggestions for how you might piece together all of your ideas so that it looks effortless to your guests. We are thrilled we chose him! You will be very happy you reached out to him. Best of luck!! And, thank you Rev. Gary!!!

Profile Picture Charly, 5/20/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, No Denomination

Rev. Gary officiated our non-religious wedding ceremony, and he did an outstanding job! My Fiance was a bit anxious waiting for me at the aisle, and Rev. Gary put him at ease by doing some non-wedding related small talk. He greatly appreciated that.
We drafted our own ceremony script, however, Rev.Gary provided valuable feedback. He also took our ceremony script, and incorporated some of his ideas, and delivered it flawlessly! The ceremony felt very sincere, emotional and funny as we wanted. He also brings a lot of gravitas to the event, which I feel is very important as to us the ceremony is what makes a wedding a wedding. Our guests also were very touched, and could relate to things Rev.Gary said. He does truly engage the audience, and make the ceremony very relevant and sincere for the couple and the guests. He truly made our wedding very special! I would strongly recommend him to another couple.

Profile Picture Vivi, 4/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We couldn't have asked for a better officiant for our Manhattan wedding. Rev. Gary is immensely caring, kind, and eloquent. The whole process from planning to ceremony was extremely well organized and worry-free thanks to Rev. Gary.

When choosing someone to do something as personal and important as a wedding ceremony, there is a large element of trust required. Rev. Gary seemed like someone who had known and cared for us all of our lives. He was there for us on our special day. His care and support remain with us beyond the I do's.

We are grateful that Rev. Gary led our ceremony.

-- Alex & Kevin

Profile Picture Alex, 4/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Gary was a pleasure to work with throughout the whole process. It is clear that he really enjoys his work and cares about the couples he is marrying. He was very helpful in selecting our readings, etc. and provided excellent suggestions and information about the ceremony, the marriage license, etc. During the ceremony he did an amazing job and kept things meaningful but light-hearted. I would highly recommend Gary to anyone.

Profile Picture Liz, 3/4/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We could not have been happier that we chose Rev. Gary to officiate our Oct. 2016 wedding ceremony at Tappan Hill Mansion. From our initial meeting with Gary, he took the time to get to know us individually and as a couple, and was able to fully discern the kind of ceremony we envisioned. Gary was clearly very experienced in working with couples to tailor the ceremony to personal tastes.

As our wedding approached Gary checked in regularly and offered helpful suggestions when we were unsure on the flow and substance of the ceremony. Our ceremony could not have gone better, Gary spoke such heartfelt words in the ceremony that our friends and family thought we had known him for years. We would highly recommend Rev. Gary.

Profile Picture Peter, 10/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Gary worked with us to create a personal and meaningful ceremony. He took the time to meet with us and ask important questions about our relationship and marriage goals. His genuine interest in the importance of our relationship and the time he spent with us allowed for him to have a personal connection to our ceremony and connection with us as a couple. He made himself available to us along the planning process and had great insight and suggestions when finalizing the ceremony and writing our own vows.
On the day of, he spoke with true love in his heart and his words were touching, soothing and meaningful. He added such personal touches that meant a lot to us and he sprinkled humor into the ceremony which made us both smile and enjoy every moment.
My husband and I look forward to having him in our lives as a Reverend and as a friend as our marriage grows.

Profile Picture Cassandra, 10/14/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev. Gary is absolutely amazing! He truly made our ceremony magical, filled with love and happiness. We have received so many compliments on our officiate and ceremony! We are SO happy he was able to be a part of our special day.
THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

From our initial meeting with Rev Gary, we knew he was the one to marry us in just a few minutes of speaking with him. He had so many wonderful suggestions, keeping in mind that we wanted to stay on the Traditional side with our ceremony. Rev. Gary in his own special way asked us questions to get to know more about us and when he did that, my husband and I actually learned more about each other! He was so interested in how we met and what our hopes for the future were for each other. He is so very kind, helpful and has such an amazingly soothing demeanor that won us over immediately. When it came time for us to write our vows to each other, my husband and I didn't know where to start. Rev. Gary advised us to "write from the heart" and also provided us with a helpful template, allowing us to build upon that. When our vows were completed, we sent them to Rev. Gary to review and he provided us with such positive and feedback! Rev. Gary was so incredibly experienced in assisting us with the planning and the details of the ceremony. He was always available to guide us, night or day. The end result was nothing short of perfect and spectacular. So many of our family, friends and guests had given us tremendous compliments about Rev. Gary and the way he officiated our ceremony. The waterfront banquet hall where we had our ceremony was very impressed with him and look forward to having him back officiating future ceremonies. He has followed every detail even post-wedding such as assisting us with the filing and receipt of our marriage license. In closing, if we could suggest to any bride or groom looking for a wonderful officiant that will make your day that much more beautiful, your search starts and stops with Rev. Gary. God Bless Him!! All our love, admiration and appreciation, Cynthia & Scott L.

Profile Picture Cynthia, 9/24/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed
4.2

Gary brought beauty and professionalism to our ceremony to make it a memorable event. Forget the basics like easy to connect with and quick to respond to inquiries, Gary is so determined to make your ceremony perfect that he goes beyond these beginning steps and helps you craft your day just the way you want it. His experience means he has answers to all the weird questions you have, and his wisdom (on both wedding etiquette and love) is a relief when you're actively planning for the big day. We highly recommend meeting Gary and learning more about the ceremony you can create together; I know we are glad we did.

Profile Picture Ian, 9/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Gary Deinstadt made our ceremony refreshing and had our guests both laughing and crying. Before the wedding he took the extra step to offer ideas to involve family members and ways to make the experience entirely personal. Once the ceremony was finalized he provided structured materials that were easy to follow during the rehearsal. This included reading samples and poem recommendations. Rev. Gary was a breath of fresh air and made us feel comfortable during every step of the process. We received several requests from our guests for his contact to book for their daughter, friends and own weddings! I recommend him to all brides, especially those going for a traditional catholic ceremony but with a personalized touch.

Profile Picture Brittany, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Gary did a wonderful job officiating our wedding. Upon meeting him we could tell he is such a genuine and kind person. During the ceremony planning process he provided guidance and genuine feedback to help make our ceremony even more special. The day of he was extremely well spoken and exceeded all of our expectations. He truly was phenomenal throughout the process and we highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Nevena, 9/4/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Gary is great! My fiancé and I are so excited to have him officiate our special day. He is professional but still personable and has made the ceremony planning process a breeze. He took some time to get to know us and walk us through what the ceremony will be like. We have a say in the ceremony's substance and entire sequence which helps make it feel entirely personalized and special :)

Profile Picture Dalila, 8/27/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed

We are so thrilled to write this recommendation for Reverend Gary! From the moment we met Gary, he made us feel comfortable and at ease with the process. We were very happy with his communication and organization leading up to the wedding day. On the day of our wedding, his calm and confident presence was greatly appreciated in the moments before the ceremony. We will always treasure the memories of our ceremony, and this is largely due to Gary's heartfelt words and professionalism. Many of our guests and family members have commented in the days since our wedding how impressed they were with Reverend Gary and our entire ceremony. We are so thankful we found him!

Profile Picture Heather, 8/6/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

It was an honor it was to have Gary officiate our wedding. From day one he made us feel comfortable, and really brought what the wedding was all about to the forefront of our minds. He was able to help us so much in creating and visualizing our own personal ceremony, and having his guidance throughout the process was something we'll be forever grateful for.

Profile Picture User7397981, 2+ years ago, 1 Review