Rev. Gary Deinstadt Reviews

91 Rev. Gary Deinstadt Reviews
  • Kyrsti

Kyrsti · Married on 10/05/2018

Perfect ceremony!!

Gary was AMAZING. I wish I could give more than 5 stars. From meeting him the first time to the wedding day he constantly checked in and was super helpful in helping us determine the wording for our ceremony. We got some many people asking who the officiant was after the wedding because everyone loved him. He was exactly who we pictured marrying us and were so so happy with his services. Highly recommend!

Megan · Married on 09/29/2018

Gary was so wonderful and we are so happy to have him as our officiant

We are so happy to have chosen Gary as our officiant! We got his name through a friend who had him at their wedding which was wonderful and the second we met him immediately loved him. His energy is the definition of happy, he makes you feel so comfortable with the whole process walking you through each step. He gives you so many options for whatever kind of ceremony you want and meeting with him is so easy! He’s very flexible with when and where to meet, on time for everything, will respond back to any questions you have quickly and he’s super helpful. We felt like even though we met him once before our wedding we’ve known him our whole life! All of our guests loved him and I’m so happy we chose him.

• Anne

Anne Abrams · Married on 09/23/2018

Gary delivers!

We're so thrilled we chose Rev. Gary to marry us. He was able to incorporate all of our ideas and master a semi-religious wedding with some aspects of a Jewish ceremony. Gary was very responsive whenever we reached out with a question or concern. He was warm, kind and funny; his delivery was genuine and heartfelt. I would highly recommend using Gary as your officiant!

Kathryn · Married on 09/15/2018

Gary was simply AMAZING! He was so easy to work with, he was flexible, kind, helpful, and so wonderful. He has everything so well organized that picking Gary to be your officiant will be the easiest part of your wedding! After our ceremony, everyone kept coming up to me and my husband to rave about how fantastic Gary was. He injected just the right amount of humor into our ceremony to help shake some of the nerves and emotions, and we cannot thank him enough. We absolutely, without a doubt recommend that everyone work with Gary for their big day. He will make the process so easy, and certainly be a highlight of your wedding ceremony!!!

Rev. Gary Deinstadt 1
    Rev. Gary Deinstadt 2

Katherine · Married on 09/14/2018

Our wedding on 9/14/18 was nothing short of amazing. Immediately after our ceremony ended, all the guests came up to me asking “where did you get your officiant?!” Many even asked if he was also a stand up comedian- and I said no but he is an Emmy award winner :) From the first phone call with Gary to meeting him before the wedding to our wedding day, we feel so comfortable with him. He tailored our ceremony to us and made it so special. He included personal things about us and had our guests laughing one minute and crying the next! He responded to emails very quickly and was there whenever we had any questions. I am so happy that we chose Gary to be a part of our day, and even happier that he chose us!

Rev. Gary Deinstadt 3

Monique · Married on 09/08/2018

I can’t say enough about Reverend Gary! After a short meeting with him, my husband and I were very confident that we were making a great choice for a wedding officiant. He is very warm and kind, and cares greatly about you as a couple and wants to make your ceremony exactly what you want it to be. Our ceremony was beautiful and we received many compliments from guests on how much they enjoyed it and listening to Reverend Gary speak. We truly recommend him to anyone, you won’t regret your decision!

• Liz

Liz · Married on 06/02/2018

Reverend Gary is the best!

We could not have been more thrilled to work with Reverend Gary and the amazing job he did on our wedding day. We both were raised Catholic but do not currently practice; we knew we didn't want a religious ceremony, but we wanted some familiar aspects of our Christian faith and upbringing. We also opted not to have a friend or family member officiate as we wanted someone with experience and who we felt like we could trust to be in charge (and not stress out!). I did a lot of research to find a minister I felt was authentic and genuine, without being stuffy or boring. Enter: Gary! To start, he walked us step-by-step through the planning process, offering insightful guidance when requested. The day of, Gary could not have done a more incredible job. He made everyone involved in the ceremony feel informed and prepared, and guided everything seamlessly. All of our guests couldn't get over how special they thought our ceremony was, and so many were moved to heartfelt tears. He expertly wove together all the parts and pieces, and truly made our ceremony feel uniquely "us." For so many weddings we've attended, we've felt like the ceremony was just a stuffy obligation to get through before the party; ours was the most beautiful symbol of our love and relationship. Thank you, Gary, for all that you did to make our wedding so special!

Rev. Gary Deinstadt 4

Gina · Married on 05/19/2018

Reverend Gary Deinstadt did an amazing job officiating our wedding ceremony, and he was an absolute pleasure to work with throughout our entire planning process as well. He was so kind, professional, extremely responsive, and really took the time to get to know us, including our story as a couple, and built our ceremony to be exactly what we hoped for. We received so many compliments on how beautiful and personal our ceremony was, thanks to Reverend Gary. We would highly recommend working with Reverend Gary to officiate your wedding ceremony or any other important ceremony or service in your life ..you won’t be disappointed!!

Lindsay · Married on 10/01/2017

Rev Gary was great to work with for our wedding. He helped us put together a meaningful ceremony unique to us. Our family and friends could not stop raving about how much they enjoyed the ceremony and Rev Gary himself.

Elissa · Married on 09/16/2017

We are so thankful that we decided to have Reverend Gary officiate our wedding! When trying to decide on what kind of ceremony we wanted to have we were struggling to find the right mix of religious/traditional but personal and unique. Gary helped us achieve just the right combination and was extremely kind and patient throughout the entire process. We were able to personalize the ceremony as much as we wanted and received so many compliments on what a beautiful ceremony it turned out to be and what a wonderful job Gary did! Many people asked us where we found him and said it felt like he knew us for years because the ceremony truly felt unique to us! If you are looking for a reverend who will go above and beyond to ensure that your ceremony is absolutely perfect and unique to you, look no further Gary is it!

Jennifer · Married on 09/15/2017

Rev Gary was absolutely from start to finish for our wedding. He was so flexible and personable, and really got to know my husband and I. We met up at Panera, and he asked us a few questions about our relationship and important life qualities we found important. He provided us with a packet of a few options for ceremonies and readings. Rev Gary was so great in guiding us in the right direction, and helped us come up with the perfect ceremony just for us. You are able to mix and match and add/delete any portion of the ceremony you wish, and can really make it your own. My guests are still complimenting me on how professional Rev Gary was, and how beautiful the reading was and just how he delivered it. He speaks with such a presence that really delivers the message most are trying to convey on their wedding day. Rev Gary was super responsive via email, and is there to help you every step of the way. We also received our marriage certificate within a week (in NY)!! You will not be disappointed in choosing Reverend Gary for your wedding!

Jessica · Married on 09/10/2017

Reverend Gary was an absolute pleasure to work with. From the first time we met, at the local diner, to discuss our ideas and plans for our ceremony, he made us feel so important. We felt very comfortable discussing everything with him and he asked great questions when getting to know us that reminded me of why we chose to get married to each other. The variety of options he provides for the style and type of ceremony were extremely helpful and the best was we were able to really personalize it. He was extremely helpful throughout the process and punctual when responding to emails. We left for our honeymoon 2 days after the wedding and our marriage license was here by the time we were back home. Reverend Gary, you are a special and wonderful person. Thank you for being a part of our special day!

Rev. Gary Deinstadt 5
    Rev. Gary Deinstadt 6
    Rev. Gary Deinstadt 7

Kyle · Married on 08/26/2017

We chose to have Gary officiate our wedding after meeting with him for about an hour or so. He spent some time asking us questions and getting to know us, and at the end of the meeting we were sure that we had the right person. We knew that we wanted a non-religious ceremony, and he had plenty of pre-written ones that met our needs well. We were able to customize our ceremony via email, and the process couldn’t have been smoother. He was accommodating to our preferences and had many great ideas and suggestions along the way. The actual ceremony he gave was perfect. Our friends and family were so impressed and were surprised to find out that we hadn’t actually known him all our lives. He also made the process of completing our marriage license a breeze. We highly recommend Reverend Deinstadt!

Casey · Married on 08/25/2017

Rev. Gary was amazing! From the first time we sat down with him, we could tell how passionate he was about what he did. He listened to our thoughts and took the time to get to know us and our story. Arranging a ceremony proved to be one of the most difficult parts of wedding planning, but Gary made it that much easier. He was always available to answer any questions and relieve any stress we had regarding the wedding. Gary was very supportive of our ideas and was able to offer advice based on his vast knowledge and experience. He understood and respected our personal backgrounds and was able to plan a ceremony tailored to both of us. He made it intimate and special for my husband and I while keeping it enjoyable, and occasionally humorous, for our guests. After the ceremony, practically all of our guests approached us to ask about our amazing officiant. Our ceremony was even better than we could have imagined. We are so thankful to Gary for all of his help and guidance throughout this process. We will always look back on this day with no regrets.
    Sincerely,
    Casey and Billy Fichthorn​

Rev. Gary Deinstadt 8
    Rev. Gary Deinstadt 9

mary · Married on 06/16/2017

My daughter and now son-in law married in June of 2016 after a year engagement... I researched and spoke to several officiants to preform the services and not having a referral, had my homework cut out for me. Fortunately, after not being sure pressed on and low and behold, I came upon Reverend Gary Deinstadt . One conversation, and I knew this would be the perfect match after a conversation. Once Lisa and Eric met him at a local restaurant for lunch, they knew it was meant to be. At the wedding, he captured the ear and hearts of the 200 guests that had his attention. In the sincere manner in which he spoke his words that were touching, deep, intimate as he may have known them for years, and humorous. From the reception to now (almost 2 mos now) I am still receiving messages of compliments of the beautiful wedding and Tappan Hill and the oh so "perfect" heart-felt ceremony and vow exchange led by Reverend Gary Deinstadt

Lisa · Married on 06/16/2017

When my husband and I first met Gary we knew he was the minister we wanted to go with. We felt so comfortable with Gary. He spend a lot of time learning about our story and understanding us as individuals and as a couple. During our ceremony, it was clear he was able to take the information we provided and used it to deliver this wonderful story. It was as if he knew us for years. Friends and family were all impressed by the short but sweet ceremony. We are so grateful for all of Gary’s guidance. As a bride, it was comforting to know he was taking care of the ceremony and I could trust it was going to go smoothly. We highly recommend Gray for your special day!

jordan · Married on 06/09/2017

Gary was so amazing for our wedding this past weekend. He spoke as though he had known us forever, making sure that our ceremony was about what we loved and felt was the most important to us. He tailored everything to our specifications, and had so many options to make it personalized to us. He was a pleasure to work with, and all of our guests loved the emotion felt during our ceremony.

Haley · Married on 06/03/2017

My now husband and I first met with Rev. Gary at a convenient half way point between all of us, and within the first 5 minutes we knew he would be the one to marry us. We had such a warm and pleasant conversation and he asked deep questions to really try to learn more about us. We booked him right away and he sent us samples of the different types of ceremony options. We knew we wanted an outdoor ceremony, but my husband is Catholic and he really wanted a religious ceremony. I on the other hand wanted something very personal and emotional. We found the perfect blend in one of Rev. Gary's ceremony options. Communication with him leading up to the wedding was easy and he always answered promptly (sometimes he even gave me reminders I had forgotten about).
    Our wedding day and ceremony was the most perfect, and euphoric experience of my life. Rev. Gary touched every one of our guests with his words. We have received so many compliments about him. Many of our guests said it was the best and most touching ceremony they have ever witnessed. I want to keep in touch with him even now that the wedding is over because he had such an impact on my husband and I and our family. Thank you Rev. Gary!

Jena · Married on 05/27/2017

Reverend Gary was truly professional and a pleasure to work with - he was able to put together a wedding ceremony that completely matched our vision of the day - we were so happy and honored to have him be a part of our special day!

Charly · Married on 05/20/2017

Rev. Gary was truly wonderful both on the day of our wedding, and during the months leading up to it as we worked together to find just the right readings and blessings to achieve the feeling we were hoping to create during our ceremony. We chose to blend traditional and modern and during our first meeting, Rev. Gary was kind of enough to suggest a Wine Box ceremony which we ended up using and loved. I cannot wait to open the letters my husband and I wrote to one another on our 5th Anniversary! Rev. Gary then stayed with us throughout cocktail hour and into the beginning of the reception so that he could lead us in a short Blessing before the meals were served, complete with a champagne toast. Family and friends have spoken so highly of him since our big day, and we couldn't be happier. He was kind, patient, reassuring and very responsive. If you are looking to create a truly unique ceremony, Rev. Gary will help you achieve all that you are hoping to. He also took care of mailing in our witnessed marriage license so that the certificate would arrive while we were away on our Honeymoon. After planning a wedding, it was one less thing we had to worry about, and I appreciated it. His advice is well mannered and he is very thoughtful when making suggestions for how you might piece together all of your ideas so that it looks effortless to your guests. We are thrilled we chose him! You will be very happy you reached out to him. Best of luck!! And, thank you Rev. Gary!!!

Alex · Married on 04/24/2017

We couldn't have asked for a better officiant for our Manhattan wedding. Rev. Gary is immensely caring, kind, and eloquent. The whole process from planning to ceremony was extremely well organized and worry-free thanks to Rev. Gary.

When choosing someone to do something as personal and important as a wedding ceremony, there is a large element of trust required. Rev. Gary seemed like someone who had known and cared for us all of our lives. He was there for us on our special day. His care and support remain with us beyond the I do's.

We are grateful that Rev. Gary led our ceremony.

-- Alex & Kevin

Liz · Married on 03/04/2017

Rev. Gary was a pleasure to work with throughout the whole process. It is clear that he really enjoys his work and cares about the couples he is marrying. He was very helpful in selecting our readings, etc. and provided excellent suggestions and information about the ceremony, the marriage license, etc. During the ceremony he did an amazing job and kept things meaningful but light-hearted. I would highly recommend Gary to anyone.

Peter · Married on 10/21/2016

We could not have been happier that we chose Rev. Gary to officiate our Oct. 2016 wedding ceremony at Tappan Hill Mansion. From our initial meeting with Gary, he took the time to get to know us individually and as a couple, and was able to fully discern the kind of ceremony we envisioned. Gary was clearly very experienced in working with couples to tailor the ceremony to personal tastes.

As our wedding approached Gary checked in regularly and offered helpful suggestions when we were unsure on the flow and substance of the ceremony. Our ceremony could not have gone better, Gary spoke such heartfelt words in the ceremony that our friends and family thought we had known him for years. We would highly recommend Rev. Gary.

Cassandra · Married on 10/14/2016

Rev. Gary worked with us to create a personal and meaningful ceremony. He took the time to meet with us and ask important questions about our relationship and marriage goals. His genuine interest in the importance of our relationship and the time he spent with us allowed for him to have a personal connection to our ceremony and connection with us as a couple. He made himself available to us along the planning process and had great insight and suggestions when finalizing the ceremony and writing our own vows.
    On the day of, he spoke with true love in his heart and his words were touching, soothing and meaningful. He added such personal touches that meant a lot to us and he sprinkled humor into the ceremony which made us both smile and enjoy every moment.
    My husband and I look forward to having him in our lives as a Reverend and as a friend as our marriage grows.

Lauren · Married on 10/01/2016

Rev. Gary is absolutely amazing! He truly made our ceremony magical, filled with love and happiness. We have received so many compliments on our officiate and ceremony! We are SO happy he was able to be a part of our special day.
    THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!