Wedding Dayz Reviews

84 | Mechanicsburg, PA

84 Reviews for Wedding Dayz

Valerie · Married on 09/09/2006

Planning a wedding entails a lot and can be very stressful. There's a lot to do and lots to think about. Hiring Dave DiRaddo to be our officiant was by far the smartest thing that we could have done. He was very fun, personable, comforting and answered any and every question that we had. He listened to us and made very good suggestions when we were unsure of what to do about certain things. Our ceremony was exactly the way that we wanted it to be. Dave put us at total ease with his likeable personality. All of our guests thoroughly enjoyed him as well. I will recommend Dave to everyone that needs an officiant!

Sent on 02/15/2007

Rev Dave was responsive & courteous. He was most interested that we have the ceremony we wanted. He was professionally dressed, on time, and executed his role perfectly.

Sent on 12/03/2013
  • User3119626 · 2+ years ago

David was such a wonderful officiant for our wedding. Our wedding was so unique and true to me and my husband's personalities. He made our ceremony special by sharing our relationship with all of our guests in a way I never thought imaginable.

Sent on 03/17/2014

casey · Married on 05/23/2010

Reverend DiRaddo was the perfect choice for our ceremony.
    He is very professional but fun and warm at the same time. He took good control of our ceremony, and no one was bored. He even made the crowd laugh a little!
    He was flexible when we wanted a "different" unity ceremony, using crystals instead of sand, and gave us good feedback on our vows, which were self-written.
    He met with us at a diner for an hour and a half to get to know us and plan our ceremony, and he is very easy to talk to, not awkward at all.
    He is not judgemental, very encouraging and was worth the price of $400, which included the meeting at the diner, the rehearsal and the ceremony.
    I have been to a few weddings where the ceremony was beautiful but BOOOORING, and Dave kept the crowd entertained and happy through our ceremony. Don't go cheap on this part of the experience, your officiant sets the mood of your entire day!

Thanks Dave!!

Sent on 06/24/2010

Renee · Married on 10/02/2010

Dave makes you feel at ease and is a great listener. He communicates up until the day of the ceremony. Many people at the wedding thought that his readings and just his overall service was absolutely wonderful. I think he is just a great person and I would HIGHLY recommend him.

Sent on 10/05/2010

shirley · Married on 07/27/2012

The Wedding Ceremony sevice was so Beauitful. I have never been to a Wedding service like this before, so much love from the heart. I recommend Dave DiRaddo- Minister for your special event. Everyone ask where I found him .WE were so Blessed to have him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 08/09/2012

Jessica · Married on 07/04/2010

We were so very pleased with the service Dave DiRaddo from Wedding Dayz provided to us on our wedding day. His enthusiasm and personality made the ceremony just perfect! He kept our guests engaged during the entire ceremony and left us with a happy and complete feeling! He officiated our wedding exactly how we envisioned it...maybe even better!
    Thank you Dave for a very memorable wedding ceremony! I highly recommend Wedding Dayz to all brides and grooms!

Sent on 08/09/2010

Erin · Married on 06/18/2016

2.0
      3.5
      2.5

I recently used Dave's services for my wedding ceremony last month. He is very reasonably priced compared to others in this area, one of the reasons we looked into him. In addition, we decided on him to be our wedding officiant because as a nonreligious couple, we did not have someone in our lives who could do this for us and also keep it in line with our values. We met once at a diner to discuss the type of wedding ceremony that we wanted to have. For us, short and simple was also perfect. Prior to leaving however, we made it very, VERY clear that we were not religious and did not want any religious terms used during our ceremony. He said he completely respected this and would not mention "God" or any other term. Our rehearsal went well enough, though he seemed disappointed because initially we were going to have him "feed us" the lines for our vows, and we later decided to read them on our own. He expressed to us that he really wanted to read them for us, but we hand wrote ours and it felt silly to not read them ourselves. The wedding ceremony was nice. He did not have a microphone due to the location, and still he was loud enough that everyone could hear him. Many people came up to us after and told us that this was one of the most beautiful services they had been to. Unfortunately, this was ruined for my husband and I because he DID mention God three times during the service. This despite promising us that he would NOT. Thankfully, not many people in our families know that we are not religious, so this went largely unnoticed. All things considered, I would not use his services again (not that there will be a next time!!), but I would consider recommending him for anyone who is Christian or Catholic. Nonreligious couples, please consider someone else. This is your only day. Go with someone who wants to make it perfect for you, whether it is in line with their beliefs or not.

Sent on 09/12/2016

Wedding Dayz's reply:

First and foremost I am very sorry that Erin was not pleased with my services. That is my highest priority for each and every ceremony I perform. To address her two primary concerns I can assure you that I am never, nor would have any reason to be, "disappointed" when a couple makes a decision to either repeat or read their vows to each other. My job is to simply make suggestions and recommendations while they make the final decisions. The second issue is one that I take very seriously. Erin and Stephen indicated that they wanted a civil ceremony meaning no prayer, Bible reading, or other religious elements. Not even saying "God" in a ceremony is the extreme of that desire which is why I have always written those words across the top of the notes I keep from our consultation meeting together. No where on the paper did I write those words which to me suggests that, while that may have in fact been their desire, the words "don't even say God" were not communicated to me at that meeting. I have performed countless ceremonies for non-religious couples and have always honored their wishes when they were clearly expressed. Perhaps they were and I missed it but I am very sensitive to this and have never previously overlooked this important part of the ceremony content because whether or not a couple's beliefs are "in line with mine or not" does not impact my desire to respect their wedding day. Regardless of how it occurred my hope is that Erin and Stephen will focus on and remember their wedding day as one filled with the joy of their love for one another, the love of their family and friends, and not "ruined" by 2 or 3 words that were spoken in the midst of a ceremony that, otherwise, seemed to be exactly what they wanted. I wish you both all the best and every happiness in your new lives together. Rev. David Di Raddo

Summer · Married on 10/07/2017

2.8
      1.0
      2.0

Totally disappointed. He waited for two days before my wedding to find a replacement for him because he didn’t realize how much time it took to get from my ceremony to his next. He books so close together. Stressed me out beyond belief and I never felt so betrayed before.

-Multiple attempts to meet up with me? Such a lie, I had to contact you constantly to try and meet up with you.
    But thanks.

Sent on 10/23/2017

Wedding Dayz's reply:

Having performed over 900 weddings this was, without question, the most disappointing and frustrating situation I have encountered. The couple contacted me and booked my services over a year from their date. Their registration form gave me the date, time, and venue which I recorded in my date book. Despite multiple attempts to meet with them in the year leading up to the month of their wedding, their first meeting with me was scheduled only 10 days prior to their date. At that meeting I was informed that the time of the wedding had changed from 3:00 to 3:30. I had booked another wedding at 4:30 based on their information with the second bride moving her wedding time to accommodate the 3:00 start time. When I realized I could not make the 3:30 time work, and the bride said that the original time was not an option, I did all that I could to find a replacement to honor her wishes. She then informed me that she would only accept a male officiant. I was very relieved when the bride’s mother informed me that they had found a replacement but that was only after a profanity-laced phone call from the bride where she demanded that I tell the other bride I would not be able to perform her ceremony. This is every officiant’s nightmare and I am thrilled that everything worked out for them. It was a lack of communication that led to this unfortunate situation and it is obviously never my desire or my intent to “betray” anyone. In spite of these very difficult circumstance, I wish them both all the very best and every happiness in their new lives together.