Rev. Daniel L. Harris - ChicagoMarriage.com Reviews

34 | Lombard, IL

34 Reviews for Rev. Daniel L. Harris - ChicagoMarriage.com

34 Rev. Daniel L. Harris - ChicagoMarriage.com Reviews

sylwia · Married on 08/24/2018

I can not say enough about how wonderful Reverend Daniel Harris was! He was the first officiant we met with and we cancelled all the rest! He is such a wonderful person and you can tell he really cares about your story and loves what he does. He took the time to ask us all about how we met and why we want to be together. He also asked us individually what we love about the other person and incorporated it into our script. We both cried while reading the first draft so you can only imagine how beautiful the ceremony script and readings were. His website was so helpful too in choosing additional readings and ceremony music and even gave us info on where to obtain our marriage license. The night before at the rehearsal he made everyone laugh and feel so comfortable. My husband and I honestly felt like we've known him forever. The ceremony was absolutely amazing! After the ceremony he helped with pictures and making sure I was hydrated by bringing me water and even holding it for me while we finished the family photos because I barely had time to blink! We invited him to stay for dinner because we honestly felt like he was part of the family half way through the day!! All our vendors were great and the day turned out amazing but Rev. Harris was by far top of the list! He went above and beyond and exceeded our already high expectations! I almost forgot to add that he is a good luck charm to keep the rain away! It was suppose to rain the entire day during our wedding and he could tell I was so stressed about it the night before at rehearsal. I always imagined a beautiful out door ceremony and was very upset that it would likely not be possible. Even the venue was coming up with a back up plan. He kept checking the weather for me and reassuring me that it would not rain and I would have my dream ceremony. Sure enough with a 90% chance of rain not a drop fell from the sky! Some would say it was a coincidence but who knows. ;) Thank you so much Rev. Harris!!

Rev. Daniel L. Harris - ChicagoMarriage.com 1
    Rev. Daniel L. Harris - ChicagoMarriage.com 2

Alyssa · Married on 07/14/2018

Reverend Dan is the best! He performed our ceremony last week and also did our rehearsal dinner the day before. He is so incredibly friendly and personable, which made everything go so smoothly. He is a very seasoned professional, and I knew right away after meeting I could completely and totally trust him with our big day. I couldn’t have asked for a better wedding officiant!

S · Married on 01/27/2018

Reverend Harris did a wonderful job with our ceremony this past January 2018. We had been working with a different Reverend who fell ill a few weeks before our wedding. Rev. Dan stepped in, initiated contacted us only a day or so after we found out the original Reverend was unable to perform our ceremony and told us he was the planned "back-up." He reviewed our ceremony with us (we had some personalized bits from family members & had written our own vows), and made sure we were comfortable. We never had to wonder how we were going to find someone else on short notice or whether our ceremony would go the way we wanted to.

The day of, he touched base with my MOH & husband as soon as he had arrived and ran the whole wedding party through their roles. The ceremony went smoothly, it was wonderful and everything we had hoped for. Thanks Rev. Dan!

Jamie · Married on 12/01/2017

Rev Dan Harris was the perfect fit for me and my husband! He was very organized, friendly, & funny. I would recommend him to anyone. The ceremony went very smoothly because at the rehearsal dinner he made sure everyone was on the same page. Thank you so much Rev. Dan for being part of our special day.

Rev. Daniel L. Harris - ChicagoMarriage.com 3

Amos · Married on 11/12/2017

Reverend Dan Harris was great! He made the event extremely smooth enjoyable and lightened up the wedding jitters. He also gave me some pointers on how to be much more natural. I would definitely recommend him to be your Reverend and Officiant!!

Jordan · Married on 11/11/2017

Rev. Dan stepped in for our officiant who fell ill. He did an amazing job with our ceremony! We had the most beautiful ceremony ever. Rev. Dan is personable and comfortable. My new husband and I love him. All of our guests were laughing and crying tears of joy. Thank you Rev. Dan!!

Nathaly · Married on 11/10/2017

Rev Dan was great! He was very personable and such a pleasure to work with!

Rev. Daniel L. Harris - ChicagoMarriage.com 4

ADAM · Married on 11/04/2017

Rev Dan was there on a moments notice when unfortunately our original officiant fell ill. He honored our previous arrangement as well.

His service was very good. He was very helpful and made sure our big day went smooth.

Thanks Rev Dan!

MICHELLE · Married on 11/01/2017

Dan, you are so AMAZING! You put a great spin on our wedding. When we met i felt as if you were already part of my family. Thank you for everything you did for us.

CHRISTINA · Married on 10/28/2017

Reverend Dan was fantastic. Performed our ceremony just as we designed it and added warmth and humor. Looks great in our photos too. Highly recommended!

Jaime · Married on 09/04/2016

If you are looking for the perfect compliment to your big day Rev. Daniel Harris is it! He truly takes the time to get to know both the bride and the groom and what makes your love one of a kind. He is organized, quick to respond, genuine, professional and experienced. Having him officiate our ceremony was one of the best decisions we made and our guests could not stop raving about him! For such a big occasion and such an important decision, you will be so happy you had Rev. Dan Harris there to add to the beauty and perfection of one of the most important days of your life!!!

Sent on 09/08/2016

Rev. Daniel L. Harris - ChicagoMarriage.com's reply:

This couple was wonderful to work with. From start to finish there was an ease of working together, and an excitement they felt that they could get the exact ceremony they wanted.

Phil · Married on 08/18/2016

Rev. Dan did a brilliant job with our wedding ceremony. Coming over from the UK to get married in Chicago meant that all of the planning had to be done via email, but Rev. Dan did everything he could to help our special day go smoothly. I especially liked his attention to detail when it came to personalising our vows.

We would highly recommend him to any one looking for a wedding officiant.

Phil and Leanne Miller

Sent on 08/24/2016

Rev. Daniel L. Harris - ChicagoMarriage.com's reply:

It is always difficult to plan a wedding long distance. But this couple were a delight to work with. They really took advantage of all the resources I provided to them via email, so they could create their own meaningful wedding ceremony. We had a short meeting just the day before to go over the last-minute details, and then everything was smooth and fun during their ceremony.

daniel · Married on 08/07/2016

Daniel.L.Harris it was definitely great choice me and my wife got married on 8/7/16 he show up on time and ready. The ceremony was funny and classy in a same time he didn't rush it at all, our guests like it and we was happy that we choose him

Sent on 08/20/2016

Rev. Daniel L. Harris - ChicagoMarriage.com's reply:

Although I have performed over 1,400 wedding ceremonies, I treat every couple as unique and special. This couple were quite relaxed and flexible, and I am very glad they received the exact ceremony they wanted.

Holly · Married on 06/18/2016

Rev. Dan did an amazing job from start to finish. His website is very informative and helped us decide what type of ceremony we wanted. After meeting with Rev. Dan we were very impressed with his knowledge of wedding ceremonies and loved his ideas to personalize our service. He responded to email questions timely and provided updated drafts of the ceremony as the date drew nearer and was very accommodating to our needs. He did a great job directing everyone at the rehearsal and the ceremony went exactly as planned on our wedding day. We highly recommend Rev. Dan!

Sent on 06/27/2016

Rev. Daniel L. Harris - ChicagoMarriage.com's reply:

This couple was a treat to work with, focusing on the fun and excitement that only a wedding can bring. I try to remind each couple that they have already done the hard part, which is finding each other! This was an enjoyable wedding ceremony for everyone.

Meghan · Married on 06/11/2016

We really enjoyed having Rev. Harris conduct our wedding ceremony. He was flexible with our requests and made the ceremony fit us perfectly. All of our guests spoke very highly of him and the job he did at the ceremony. We highly recommend Rev. Harris to do your ceremony.

Sent on 07/18/2016

Rev. Daniel L. Harris - ChicagoMarriage.com's reply:

This couple were great to work with. From start to finish we were able to pick out the readings and vows and anything else that was important to them. And I know it is vital that the spotlight of the ceremony be on the couple, so all their family and friends can rejoice with them on this happy occasion.

Michelle McCarthy · Married on 05/29/2016

He is experienced, organized and helps you put together a ceremony with heart.

Sent on 06/11/2016

Rev. Daniel L. Harris - ChicagoMarriage.com's reply:

This was a professional couple, and it was great that they brought their professionalism into the wedding planning process. As a result, they were able to put together creative elements that designed a ceremony which was exactly what they wanted.

kristina · Married on 05/28/2016

we cannot describe how amazing and wonderful Mr. Harris is. He made our wedding even more special! We could not pick a better person to celebrate this special day with! He made everything seen easy, with no stress and spectacular!!! My husband and I would most definitely recommend him to anyone who is looking for a stress free ceremony.
    we were really glad that he could join us for our reception as well and have some fun and get some delicious food after a long day.
    He is just as amazing as a Officiant as he is as a person.
    He was able to come up with a story of my husband and i in under 5 minutes, just by asking us questions, on how we met, what we like, and what we have in common!!!
    Couldnt be more happier!!!
    Thank you for everything!!!

Sent on 06/08/2016

Rev. Daniel L. Harris - ChicagoMarriage.com's reply:

What a very nice couple! It was rewarding to work with them. They appreciated the personal and customized wedding ceremony we designed together for them. Some couples have unrealistic expectations. But they focused on what is really important, marrying their best friend, and celebrating that happy event with their friends and family.

Joe · Married on 01/16/2016

Rev. Daniel Harris officated our wedding at the Mid-America Club in Chicago this past weekend. He was extremley freindly to us and all our guests. We received many compliments from our guests after the ceremony on what a great job he did. Leading up to the wedding he responded very quickly to any questions we have and followed his timeline to a tee. He was great throughout the whole process and allowed us to make the ceremony just the way we wanted it. He was early to every the rehersal dinner and the cermony so he could get prepared and speak with us before. We recommend to Rev. Daniel to everyone!!

Sent on 01/19/2016

Rev. Daniel L. Harris - ChicagoMarriage.com's reply:

Sometimes when couples get married at "high class" venues they get all caught up in externals and appearances. But this couple were great to work with. They knew the important thing was to have the personal and meaningful ceremony they wanted in front of family and friends.

Diana · Married on 10/10/2015

Rev. Dan was such a pleasure to work with. Throughout the process, he gave very helpful tips, and always reassured us that it is our day, and we should design our ceremony to be what we want. And in the end, we had a very beautiful, personal ceremony. Everyone kept complimenting us on how touching the ceremony was. We were very happy with Dan and the whole process. He was very warm and kind from the day we met, all the way through our wedding day. It was really nice since we weren't close to a Rev. in Chicago, but didn't want a "stranger" to marry us. We felt like through our conversations, he really took the time to get to know us. He even stayed to have dinner with our family at our wedding! I would recommend to our family and friends in a heartbeat.

Thank you Rev. Harris for officiating our private wedding ceremony last weekend. Everything went very smoothly and the ceremony was not only beautiful, but meaningful and inspirational. Rev. Harris did an amazing job getting to know the bride and groom ahead of time in order to personalize the ceremony. We could not have asked for anything more! :)

Dan was excellent. He took the time to get to know us and personalized the ceremony to us. I would highly recommend him.
    Very nice man.

Laura · Married on 09/05/2015

Reverend Harris was a joy to work with- from beginning to end he was extremely professional, but also personable. He was so flexible and quick in meeting with us for planning, responding to emails and questions, completing a walk through and then even agreed to stay at our wedding for no extra fee! We got married on board Chicago's Classic Lady boat, going down the Chicago river into Lake Michigan. Rev Daniel Harris was so fun to plan with and we loved that he provided us with a complete written ceremony ahead of time. Our family and friends loved the ceremony and chatting with him during our reception. For the price he charges it is a super bargain when looking at the over all services he provides! We are extremely happy to have gotten Rev Harris for our wedding! Definitely recommend.

Sent on 02/21/2016

Rev. Daniel L. Harris - ChicagoMarriage.com's reply:

This couple was exceptional to work with. From start to finish we had excellent communication, and they took full advantage of my resources to create the wedding ceremony they wanted. Boat weddings are always so much fun, especially at night. And it was great that the fireworks started over Lake Michigan above the boat right at the end of their ceremony. I also appreciate that the couple said that the price of my services was a "super bargain." There are some wedding officiants who charge even twice as much as me, but do not provide anywhere near the kind of services and experience that I do.

Michelle · Married on 08/29/2015

I'm so glad to have found Reverend Dan as the officiant for our wedding ceremony!
    He was very responsive from the get go, and we were frequently in contact about details during the time leading up to our wedding day.
    He met with us a few months before and spent a good amount of time really getting to know us personally and tailored our ceremony to suit us perfectly. We received a script of our wedding plenty of time before hand and were able to make any changes we had in mind.
    I liked that he has experience officiating all different types of ceremonies. Ours was small, 8 family members in attendance, inside the Lincoln Park Conservatory. My husband and I as well as our guests thought the ceremony was perfect for us.

• O

Ornela · Married on 07/11/2015

Daniel Harris recently performed our wedding ceremony a couple weeks ago July 11th. He did a great job and extended our expectation. I put my fiancé (now husband)in charge of finding us an officiant for our wedding he hit a home run when he found Daniel Harris online. We emailed him and he immediately responded. Daniel organized the whole ceremony and rehearsal and really understood how the flow of things should be.
    He really put the whole bridal party at ease and the ceremony was amazing. He had our guests laughing ,crying ,and entertained. We had so many compliments that night how beautiful the ceremony was. He really made our guests feel they were part of theceremony.
    Daniel is a true professional and he knows how to capture all the elements of a good ceremony.
    The personalization he does makes it feel like he had known us our entire lives. Thanks Mark and Ornela!