Rev. Carol Saunders Reviews

66 | Sullivan, WI

66 Reviews for Rev. Carol Saunders

Abbi L · Getting married on 04/05/2021

Simply the Best

If you have any reservations on choosing Rev. Carol Saunders, DON'T! We first met Carol over a year before our wedding. She was kind enough to meet and allow us to get to know her. We stumbled across Carol after realizing a Catholic priest would not marry us at my family farm, which was extremely important to both my husband and I. As soon as we left our first meeting with Carol we knew she was who we wanted to be officiating our day. Conversation with her was easy, and she's super personable. After waiting until closer to the wedding we signed our contract, then started customizing our wedding ceremony. I haven't heard of any friends who got married that had as much of a choice in their wedding ceremony as we did. Literally everything we got to choose. Carol provided readings, blessings, ring ceremony wording, etc., but also allowed us to choose our own readings if we'd like. My family comes from a religious background, while my husbands does not. Carol perfectly created a ceremony that made my Catholic loving family happy, while not making my husbands less spiritual family uncomfortable. She gave us a copy of our complete ceremony to review before the wedding, and make any changes necessary which we thought was really nice. Then, coronavirus hit.... Carol kept in touch with us throughout the whole thing, and was very flexible in working with us through this added stressor. She returns communications quickly. We received many compliments on how lovely our ceremony was, and how friendly Carol was. We especially liked the option of her telling our story. Many times officiants ramble about love and what marriage means, Carol made the service one centered on my husband and I, which kept all of our guests engaged. Without a doubt, we would choose Carol again for our wedding, and would highly recommend her to any of our friends. Working with Carol was one of the least stressful parts of planning a wedding, and then replanning during a global pandemic!

Sent on 05/28/2020
  • Kera

Kera Scheffel · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Wonderful ceremony!

Carol is a very kind and friendly person and was wonderful to work with! She was thoughtful in preparing a ceremony that was special to us and made sure to incorporate certain religious/spiritual elements that we wanted. She was very responsive and collaborative throughout the whole process. We highly recommend her services.

Sent on 05/07/2019
  • Krista

Krista Mae · Married on 06/05/2020

Our forever friend

Reverend Carol made our wedding ceremony the most meaningful and favorite part of our wedding day. From the very beginning, she was welcoming, friendly, and very easy to communicate with. We spent our first meeting with her just learning about each other's personal lives for nearly three hours!
    The choices of readings, vows, blessings, etc. were all so beautiful that I had a hard time deciding which ones I wanted to use. In the end, the ceremony they we created together was absolutely beautiful. She captivated our audience with her poise, class, and words of prayer and wisdom for us as a couple. I received countless compliments on our wedding night about how much our guests loved the ceremony. I truly cannot say enough good things about Rev. Carol. She will be a part of my husband's and my live's for years to come.

Sent on 05/28/2019
  • Marissa

Marissa · Married on 11/02/2019

Amazing and Heartfelt!!!

We hired Carol as our officiant for our wedding on 11/2/19 at the Grand Geneva Spa and Resort. To begin with; she honestly blew us away. She made us feel extremely comfortable from the beginning when we had our meeting with her. She was extremely detailed and organized throughout the entire process and asked us many important questions pertaining to the ceremony. She respected our wishes and wants that were to be included in the ceremony and created such a beautiful moment for us. Her selections of readings were great as well! Her energy was phenomenal throughout the ceremony and I just remember truly feeling happy to have her in that very moment marrying us. She is wholesome and has such an amazing heart.
    When she sent us the draft of our ceremony to look over prior to the wedding-I felt at peace knowing we had someone like her. She mastered it! She is a great writer, speaker, and made the whole room fall in love with her. We have friends getting married that came to our wedding and were asking about her. If you want your wedding ceremony to be memorable and emotionally felt; I highly recommend Rev Carol! :)

Sent on 12/12/2019

Jeff Rohrer · Married on 09/13/2019

Great experience!

Carol did an amazing job! She was great to work with throughout the entire process and was very responsive to all of our questions as the ceremony was being being prepared. On our wedding day we felt very confident that it would go smoothly, which helped reduce some of the stress of the big day. Everything went great! We received countless compliments on the ceremony from friends and family. Very happy we chose Carol as our officiant!

Sent on 11/03/2019

Miranda Ortiz · Married on 08/02/2019

Great officiant!!

Carol was fantastic for our wedding! She was very responsive when we had questions leading up to the ceremony. She made planning the ceremony easy with a nice variety of selections for readings, verses, and components of the ceremony. We were really glad we chose her, and really appreciate her passion and attention to detail.

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Thomas

Thomas Miresse · Married on 07/20/2019

Very helpful and professional

Carol did a great job guiding us through the wedding. I would highly suggest doing a rehearsal with her because we would have been lost without her. After having concerns with our first officiant we were very confident with our decision after meeting her. Thanks again Carol

Sent on 08/01/2019

Laura Miresse · Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing experience

Carol went above and beyond what we ever dreamed of to make our wedding day perfect! She is super personable and makes everyone feel very comfortable and calm, also worked our date into her schedule rather last minute. So very lucky we found her!

Sent on 08/09/2019

Dana Harbaugh · Married on 05/10/2019

Best officiant ever!

Rev. Carol's officiant service was fantastic from start to finish. She is exceptionally thorough, responsive, and flexible. She has so many materials available to help you craft your ideal and highly personalized wedding ceremony. Rev. Carol provided options for readings, vows, ring exchange statements, and more, then allowed us to customize everything to create a ceremony that was perfect for us. We wanted a focus on life and spirituality, rather than traditional religion, and Rev. Carol provided just that. She also had my husband and me each fill out a detailed questionnaire about the other so she could get a sense of our relationship. She used our answers to create a super personal ceremony that included our unique love story. Rev. Carol doesn't just provide a typical ceremony with platitudes and generalizations about love or marriage that could be applied to any relationship. She really got to know who we are and how we feel about each other, then incorporated personal details the whole way through. That made it a really emotional, moving ceremony for us and our guests. There were very few dry eyes in the house! But we also laughed the entire time. It was a great combination of joyful and profound moments. I can't recommend Rev. Carol enough. Our whole wedding was great, but the ceremony is really the whole point of the day and ours could not have been more amazing thanks to her. :)

Sent on 05/28/2020

Michael · Married on 12/08/2018

Amazing, Amazing, Amazing!

My wife and I cannot sing Reverend Carol’s praises loud enough. Within 5 minutes of our initial meeting, we were absolutely sure that we wanted her to join us as one. Reverend Carol built our perfect wedding ceremony around our wishes and beliefs. She truly delivers a personal experience that is tailored to the couple, and that was a compliment mimicked many times with our guests. On top of the content of the ceremony, Reverend Carol is quite the public speaker… so not only did we get a warm, emotional delivery of our ceremony, but also clear, and resounding! We are forever grateful for the breathtaking wedding that Reverend Carol made possible, and would recommend her to any couple in the Southeastern Wisconsin region.

Sent on 01/09/2019

Megan · Married on 10/20/2018

Rev. Carol was amazing!

My wife and I really didn’t know what we were looking for when we first started looking for an officiant, but the first time we met with Carol things just felt really right. I am so glad that we were able to get on her schedule! She gave an amazing ceremony, I had so many guests tell me how beautiful and unique it was. It was really special. Carol was so easy to work with and she really helped us to figure out what we wanted out of our ceremony and gave it to us in a spectacular way. She was a delight to work with and I couldn’t be happier with how the ceremony went!

Sent on 10/28/2018

Morgan · Married on 09/28/2018

Rev. Carol Saunders is amazing!

Rev. Carol Saunders did an absolutely amazing job at our wedding! I don't think it could have went any smoother. The ceremony itself was unique and created with personal details that genuinely reflected our relationship. We will always remember how special our ceremony was. We had so many compliments on the ceremony afterwards from our guests as well! We cannot thank Rev. Carol enough for making our big day so memorable - the day would not have been the same without her.

Sent on 11/08/2018
  • Brian

Brian Kosisky · Married on 08/25/2018

Beautiful ceremony

Carol did an incredible job officiating our wedding. Numerous people came up to us afterward to tell us how meaningful and beautiful it was and how her words resonated with them and made them tear up. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 10/17/2018

Rosie · Married on 08/04/2018

My husband and I are so thrilled that we chose Rev. Carol to officiate our wedding! The wedding planning process is a daunting one, but choosing to work with Rev. Carol was one of the easiest decisions we made. When we first met with her for coffee she was extremely helpful, sharing her knowledge and offering guidance and tips about creating a seamless and memorable wedding ceremony experience. Throughout the months leading up to the wedding, she was prompt with email responses and provided us with everything we needed to prep for the big day. On top of her professionalism, she is a delightfully genuine person who is incredibly easy to talk with!
    Our wedding day was a whirlwind, but my husband and I will never forget how Rev. Carol made us feel during the ceremony. She addressed our guests and at the same time really made the ceremony feel intimate and personal for my husband and me. Please consider Rev. Carol if you are looking for a wedding officiant, she will create a beautifully memorable wedding ceremony for you and your beloved!

Sent on 09/06/2018

Andrea · Married on 07/21/2018

Rev Carol did an awesome job at our wedding! It literally could not have been better. We had such a personal ceremony, that it really made our day 10x better. We felt more connected as a couple, and our guests got to enjoy that moment too. She was always so responsive in her communication and had a guiding hand - without being too overpowering. I cannot say enough good things and I will recommend her to everyone we know!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Kristin · Married on 07/14/2018

Rev. Carol was absolutely wonderful. We went with the personalized ceremony option, and we were so happy with the results. We were able to work with Rev. Carol to craft our story as a couple, and she was able to integrate our own words into the ceremony so beautifully. We received many compliments about how genuine our words felt. Rev. Carol really focused on our experience; she calmed our nerves and reminded us to be in the moment. We couldn't of been happier with our choice.

Sent on 08/05/2018

Tiffany · Married on 06/09/2018

It was such a pleasure working with Rev. Carol Saunders. We are so lucky to have found her! She helped us put together such a wonderful ceremony for our wedding that was so special. Carol is genuine and not only connected with us, but with our family as well. Everyone complimented her after the ceremony. She was always prompt to respond, and so easy to work with. She has so much experience, and she had really great advise about small details. All those details and tips made everything go so well. We live in MN, but got married in WI. Carol worked with us and made it easy. My husband and I highly recommend Rev. Carol Saunders.

Sent on 06/21/2018

Katie · Married on 06/02/2018

We had a fabulous experience working with Carol! We loved that she had the option to customize our ceremony. We did not meet Carol prior to our rehearsal but she made us at ease with her professional emails and phone conversations. She was helpful in coordinating our rehearsal also: organizing all of the bridesmaid and groomsmen, and giving suggestions on the processional, etc. It was actually fun to complete her interview questions with my husband! It helped her get to know us better and she did a great job of incorporating our history into the ceremony; it was as if we knew her for several years! We would highly recommend Carol as an officiant for any type of ceremony! Ours was non religious and outside by the lake and she fit into the overall theme perfectly. We are still getting compliments from our family and friends about how personal and fun she made our ceremony. Thank you Carol for the perfect ceremony!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Mike · Married on 02/17/2018

Rev. Carol made planning our ceremony so much easier and less stressful. She took the time to get to know us as couple, asked what was important and was so responsive to our requests. It felt like we had known her for years, not just weeks. Her thoroughness and thoughtfulness made for a wonderful wedding day. We’re convinced our day woudn’t have been the same without her.

Sent on 03/25/2018

Rev. Carol Saunders's reply:

Thanks for including your photos! It was a beautiful wedding and I was delighted to be a part of it.

Jordan · Married on 11/11/2017

We are so, so glad we chose Carol to be our officiant. Carol is incredibly kind, caring, and easy to talk to. During our very first meeting with her, we felt so comfortable talking to her, and felt like she was truly interested in who we were. By the end of that meeting, we were very sure that she was the one we wanted to marry us. Carol was very organized throughout the process, and was always prompt in responding to emails. We chose the "custom plus" package. The questionnaire she had us complete about our relationship was a blast to fill out, and through that, she crafted an incredibly personal, lovely, meaningful ceremony. When she spoke to us and about us on our wedding day, I feel like she truly did know us. Her words were reflective, poignant, funny at times, wise, and so touching. We went into this process really wanting to prioritize the wedding ceremony - we felt like that is arguably the most important part of the wedding day. By choosing Carol as our officiant, we did just that. She is a wonderful person and officiant, and we highly recommend her to those couples who want a meaningful, loving wedding ceremony.

Sent on 12/22/2017

Erin · Married on 11/04/2017

Rev. Carol was absolutely fantastic as our wedding officiant. She worked with us to create a ceremony that was both meaningful and perfectly catered to us as a couple. She was able to eloquently tell our story and include examples of what we love about each other. She was delightful to work with and guests were positively raving about the ceremony she preformed. We interviewed several officiants to find the right fit, and we cannot imagine having any other officiant. We clicked from the very first meeting. We would highly recommend Rev. Carol to any couple. Thanks, Rev. Carol!

Sent on 12/04/2017

Kaytey · Married on 10/08/2017

Reverend Carol Saunders is AMAZING. From the first time we met her to the moment she officiated our wedding, she made us feel comfortable and important. On our wedding day Reverend Carol arrived early to get the lay of the land, and to get settled in. As the ceremony approached and everyone was getting in line for the procession all I felt was happiness, excitement, jittery nerves, and hoped that I remembered everything. When we finally were at the alter and Reverend Carol started the ceremony, she mentioned the word “Rings” and my heart dropped to the floor. I FORGOT to give my fiancé the RINGS, they were still in my sisters car!!! For a split second I looked at his jacket pocket and was hoping they would magically appear……they didn’t. At that moment I started to laugh uncontrollably and said, “I forgot the rings!” Reverend Carol looked at me and said, “You forgot the rings!” I then said, “The rings are here, but I forgot to give them to Nick!” Everyone who was at the wedding including Reverend Carol started to laugh, and in that very moment the ice broke, my jitters were gone, and our wedding day would go down in history. After everyone finally composed themselves, my sister ran up to her car, quickly retrieved the rings and the ceremony went on as if nothing had happened. It doesn’t matter how much you plan, or how prepared you think you are there will always be a few hiccups on your wedding day. In our case….our hiccup was very noticeable, and we loved every minute of it.
    We are so happy that we decided to have Reverend Carol officiate our wedding, she was worth every penny. She responded to every email in a timely manner, answered any questions we had, and was very professional. The one thing that I loved most about her is she didn’t make me feel bad about forgetting the rings. She went with the flow, and laughed alongside with our family and friends. Thank you Reverend Carol for helping make our wedding day a memorable one.

Sent on 11/02/2017

Tara · Married on 09/16/2017

We can not say enough good things about Reverend Carol. She was there for us as a calm and confident presence from the time we first spoke on the phone until after our wedding. Our ceremony was so personal, meaningful and just felt like"us". We also chose to do premarital counseling with Reverend Carol which was incredibly beneficial and gave us many tools to help with our communication and improve our relationship. She was there well before our ceremony to check in and see how we were doing. We received so many compliments on our ceremony, she infused our beliefs, story and feelings into every word. She is the most caring, calm and reliable officiant we could have hoped for.

Sent on 10/01/2017

Jordan · Married on 09/15/2017

Carol was absolutely amazing! At the beginning, we were undecided on if we should do the customized ceremony or not, and we are now thrilled that we did! If you are unsure which package to choose, I highly recommend the customized ceremony. The questions she had us answer to learn more about us were so thoughtful and are actually something we will keep and cherish for years to come. But, what she did with the answers to those questions is what was really amazing. She crafted our responses and actual words into the most thoughtful and heartfelt personalized ceremony. You would have thought she has known us our whole lives! We loved it and our guests did too! We had a very eventful ceremony (technology issues and the Best Man fainted), and Carol was so calm, cool and collected through it all. I have also enjoyed how nice and thoughtful she has been throughout the whole wedding planning process. She responded right away to any questions and was also curious and engaged when we talked about other elements of our special day. It was nice to have someone marry us that truly loves what they do and sees it as a blessing to be a part of one of the biggest days of our lives. You cannot go wrong with having Carol officiate your wedding!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Lauren · Married on 09/10/2017

Reverend Carol was truly such a wonderful officiant. She told a personalized story about my husband and I that described us perfectly and kept our guests engaged. Our ceremony was so meaningful and symbolic, but also so much fun. So many of my guests are still telling me how great she was. I completely recommend Reverend Carol officiating your wedding. You will be so happy you did! Our photos at the alter really show how special and fun our ceremony truly was.

Sent on 09/28/2017