Weddings by Rev. Bill Epperly Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

Sharon Getting married on 05/08/2022

Rev. Epperly helped make our wedding wonderful!

We highly recommend Rev. Epperly. He is polite, professional, thorough, and attentive. He conducted our ceremony smoothly even under Covid-19 restrictions. He met with us several times and our ceremony was very personalized and meaningful.

Weddings by Rev. Bill Epperly's reply:

Sharon, Thanks for your review! I so enjoyed meeting you and Steve and getting to know you through the chaos and rescheduling. In the end, your backyard wedding was a great choice. I hope you'll stay in touch! - Rev. Bill
    Michael M. Married on 06/07/2021

Great Wedding, Even With All the Changes

Bill was great to work with every step of the way. We originally had a larger wedding planned in April but had to reschedule, and Bill was adaptable and understanding throughout the process.

When the time came, he really put his full effort into planning what was now the 2nd ceremony (with only immediate family at a different venue). Bill got to know us through conversations with our close friends. It showed in his stories and added a great element to the day that may have otherwise been missing.

We asked for a wedding that was spiritual and shared traditional wedding values but was not religious and couldn't have been happier with how the ceremony turned out.

We'd recommend Bill to our friends and others here.

Weddings by Rev. Bill Epperly's reply:

Mike and Angela, What a ride it was from a meeting in -5F degree weather in the loop last Winter to rescheduling and finally, to your gorgeous wedding at the Morton Arboretum! It's been a pleasure getting to know you and Angela and I'll look forward to hearing from you on down the road! - Rev. Bill
    Andrew Married on 01/05/2021

Did a great job!

Rev. Bill did a great job at our wedding. He was fantastic to work with and would definitely recommend him!

Weddings by Rev. Bill Epperly's reply:

Thanks so much, Andrew! It was a great day, a great location. You two have a lot of class and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you and serving as your Officiant. Please stay in touch! - Rev. Bill
    Gregory L. Married on 08/30/2020

Best wedding officiant

My wedding coordinator described rev bill as dove. He is so kind and warm hearted, he worked so hard to make sure that our special day was extra special.

Weddings by Rev. Bill Epperly's reply:

Thank you, Gregg! It's been such a pleasure getting to know you and Chris. Your wedding at Vasa Park was a highlight of my Summer. I wish you a lifetime of happiness! - Rev. Bill
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth M. Married on 08/08/2020

Rev Bill was great!!!

Rev Bill was a wonderful officiant! He was super helpful in customizing our ceremony so it was exactly what we wanted. And he was very flexible with all our changing plans due to COVID. Extremely professional, genuinely caring and very personable too. Thumbs uo all around!

Weddings by Rev. Bill Epperly's reply:

Elizabeth and Dave, I so enjoyed getting to know you. Wow, what a year for a wedding, but you navigated the challenges so well. I LOVED your ringing the bell at Twin Towers Chapel after the pronouncement! All the best to you, Rev. Bill
    Danny P. Married on 07/10/2020

Rev. Bill Is the Best!

Rev. Bill is the best! From the start, he began building a relationship with us and really getting to know us as a couple and as individuals. We met on numerous occasions, in-person, phone and emails. He was very flexible on meeting locations and times and was willing to meet whenever and wherever was most convenient.

He asked a lot of questions, which was great, and also really got you to think and reflect on your relationship and everything leading up to the special day. Rev. Bill is was also very empathetic and insightful and provided a different POV, which was good to hear from.

Leading up to the wedding day, Rev. Bill was there during rehearsals and making sure we all knew our roles, including the wedding party. The actual ceremony went without any issues! It was exactly how we practiced and he was there a few hours before to get everything finalized and have a few moments with us.

Overall, the whole process was enjoyable and very smooth and would recommend him to anyone!

Weddings by Rev. Bill Epperly's reply:

Danny, I enjoyed every minute I spend with you and Abby! Your Heart Story Ceremony was one of the highlights of my year. I hope you'll stay in touch and wish you all the best as you travel into this next chapter of your lives!
  • Erin
    Erin Married on 06/19/2020

The Best Officiant in Chicago

Originally, we had another officiant to officiate our wedding, however she stepped down and recommended Rev Bill! He took over where our last officiant left off and agreed to do the wedding at her price and with the script originally created. He added special information to our ceremony making it personalized and connected with us every step of the way through video calls and email. He also mailed our wedding certificate to the courthouse. WE ARE VERY THANKFUL for Rev Bill especially for officiating us during the pandemic!! He accommodated our requests that involved pandemic requirements as well. He was very kind and professional. Definitely recommend!

Weddings by Rev. Bill Epperly's reply:

Thanks, Erin! It was wonderful getting to know you and Chris and officiating for you at the Armour House in Lake Forest! Please stay in touch. I wish you all the best! - Rev. Bill
  • Kelly
    Kelly M. Married on 06/05/2020

The Best Chicago Officiant!

My husband Nick and I are so happy we found Rev Bill to marry us on May 18, 2019. We were so impressed that he truly understood us as a couple after only meeting with him for an hour. Each time we met with him after that we felt like he understood our relationship and would be the perfect person to reflect that to our wedding guests. He was extremely professional, personable and organized. He asked us to review every detail of our ceremony so we felt comfortable with every reading, prayer and vow. He even gave us great ideas to help make our ceremony more special like adding a flower ceremony for our parents. We would highly recommend Rev Bill to anyone looking for an amazing officiant!!

Weddings by Rev. Bill Epperly's reply:

Thank you Kelly! It was so great getting to know you and Nick and then planning and officiating your wedding! Salvatore's was the perfect venue for you. I wish you a wonderful adventure as you settle into your marriage! - Rev. Bill
  • Z
    Zachary B. Married on 10/05/2019

Excellent experience, strong communication and easy to relate to

My wife Morgan and I had Bill officiate our wedding and we’re extremely pleased with his effective communication beginning from the front end and continuing through the wedding day.
    Due to logistical reasons, we set up our conversations before the wedding through video calls to get to know one another. We quickly discovered Bill to be someone we felt very comfortable with, was very relatable and we knew we were in great hands. If there was ever anything we weren’t clear on, he was always one step ahead of us and had all of the answers.
    Highly recommend Bill for anyone needing an officiant.

Weddings by Rev. Bill Epperly's reply:

Zach, It's been so much fun working on your Heart Story Wedding! I hope we'll stay in touch! All the best to you two as you journey on!
    John S. Married on 09/14/2019

What a guy!

We recently worked with Rev. Bill for our wedding in Chicago and I can't recommend him highly enough for any couples looking for an all-star officiant in the area.

Throughout the entire planning process Bill could not have been easier to work with or more supportive of making our vision a reality. In our pursuit of a multi-cultural ceremony, Bill provided thorough research on Hindu and Catholic ceremony components and clearly took the time to explore the best ways to go about blending traditions for a beautiful cohesive final product. Although we ultimately decided to go for a more secular ceremony, Bill definitely takes the time to put together a script for your wedding day that's exactly what you are looking for. He sent us multiple drafts of the scrips, met us for coffee and in-person to get to know us, our story & relationship, and collaboratively put together then delivered exactly what we wanted. Our guests loved him, his presence, and the atmosphere he provided for our wonderful day.

Thanks so much to Bill for all of his wonderful work! He's a rockstar and you'll give him a call if you know what's good for ya!

Weddings by Rev. Bill Epperly's reply:

Thank you, John! Your wedding at the Kimpton Gray truly was a highlight of my year. You two were great to work with and I enjoyed getting to know you. Maybe I'll see you at a couples program down the road! Take care, Rev. Bill
    Kristie T. Married on 08/02/2019

Touching Ceremony

Rev. Bill. Wrote a touching, personalized ceremony for my husband and I. Three months later and I am still going back to read the previous vows he helped us create. We opted for a secular service and the touching words he wrote for us were reverent and conveyed the importance of our commitment without being religion heavy.

Weddings by Rev. Bill Epperly's reply:

Good to hear from you Kristie! And I'm touched that you are going back to re-read your vows. Wonderful! I enjoyed meeting you and Tim and loved your location at the Tip Top Tap aka Allerton Hotel. All the best to you two and please say in touch! - Rev. Bill
  • Paige
    Paige H. Married on 06/22/2019

Excellent Experience with a Caring, Attentive, and Knowledgable Officiant!!

Working with Reverend Bill was a treat – he was easy to get along with, very responsive, and had a comprehensive guide to a bunch of different options for how to construct our ceremony. We never once felt pressured to conform to a certain path and it was nice to feel that our ceremony was entirely our own creation, albeit with helpful guidance from Rev. Bill. Coming from families with mixed faith backgrounds, we felt comfortable discussing openly and honestly what a meaningful ceremony meant for us. Rev. Bill took our needs to heart and guided us towards a ceremony that perfectly balanced traditions with a reflection of our values as a couple.

On the big day (as well as at the rehearsal before), he exceeded our expectations with his professionalism, was well liked by all, and organized our wedding party and close family with ease and some necessary light humor. We received a number of compliments from family and friends on our beautiful and simply elegant ceremony. He also helped to put us both at ease before, during and after our wedding. We’d highly recommend him as an officiant!

Weddings by Rev. Bill Epperly's reply:

Dear Paige, Thank for your kind words. It truly was a pleasure to get to know you and Mike before celebrating your wedding at Olympia Fields! I wish you all the best! - Rev. Bill
  • Di Fu
    Di Fu Married on 06/08/2019

Excellent!

We worked with Rev. Bill in June 2019 and he is great. We wanted a not-so-religious ceremony and Rev. Bill did a great job in leading the ceremony. Also Rev. Bill was very helpful in planning and keeping everything on track. We had a chance to meet in person and also had a video conference before the wedding to go over details (more like a mini rehearsal of the entire ceremony process), plus email correspondences where Rev. Bill was very responsive and helpful. Rev. Bill also helped us in preparing our vows. As someone who had no idea what to do at the wedding ceremony, we really appreciate all his efforts in making everything super easy and smooth for us. The ceremony was great. Highly recommend :)

Weddings by Rev. Bill Epperly's reply:

Di, It was so great getting to know you and Jun. Your location was gorgeous and everything came together beautifully for your wedding at North Pond! I wish you guys all the best and hope you'll stay in touch! - Rev. Bill
  • Angela
    Angela J. Married on 03/03/2019

Rev. Bill was the perfect chose for our perfect day!

Rev. Bill performed a heartwarming ceremony that told a story of our courtship as if he had known us for years. He was punctual and took time to give us detailed information. We couldn't have chosen a better officiant for our special day. Thank you Rev. Bill.

Weddings by Rev. Bill Epperly's reply:

Angela, Your wedding at Chateau Busche was such a blessed event. I am grateful that you chose me to Officiate for you and I wish you and Princess all the best! Please stay in touch! - Rev. Bill
    Amy Married on 11/10/2018

Highly recommend!

We were so happy with our ceremony by Rev. Bill. He got to know us a little bit before the ceremony, so he was able to make some personal comments during the ceremony. He let us choose readings/ceremonies we wanted, but then still provided the structure for the ceremony. We were so happy how it turned out and had lots of compliments. He was very easy going and enjoyable to work with!

Weddings by Rev. Bill Epperly's reply:

Thank you, Amy! You and Kyle were great! I loved officiating for you at the Westin Hotel. All the best as you two continue the adventure of married living! - Rev. Bill
    Kirsten Married on 11/03/2018

Thumbs Up, most definitely recommend to a friend

We could not have chosen a better, more professional, more thoughtful officiant than Rev. Bill. He really took the time getting to know us. He made our ceremony very personalized, comfortable and charming. Run, don't walk towards Rev. Bill if you are looking for an officiant. Thanks so much Rev. Bill for making our ceremony so very special and personalized. Kirsten & Tony

Weddings by Rev. Bill Epperly's reply:

Thanks, Tony and Kirsten, it was great getting to know you and I loved Brique. All the best for a great 2019! Rev. Bill
    David Married on 10/20/2018

Rev. Bill helped create an unforgettable wedding!

Planning an inter-religious marriage ceremony had its challenges. Initially we were very uncertain as to what we wanted conveyed during this once in a lifetime moment. When my now wife presented me with Rev. Bill, whom she found online, my gut feeling after reading his bio was ABSOLUTELY! What a wonderful, kind man. We thoroughly enjoyed our process with him and he helped create the ceremony that we will remember forever. He was thoughtful, attentive, and executed a fantastic day. I think Rev. Bill would serve any style of wedding in excellent fashion! Thank you Rev. Bill!!!

Weddings by Rev. Bill Epperly's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words, David. Your "Heart Story" wedding at City Winery was a highlight of my year. Honestly. You two were awesome to work with, awesome people. I hope you'll stay in touch! - Rev. Bill
  • Ezekiel
    Ezekiel Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing Officiant

Rev Bill was an absolute blessing to have have officiate our wedding. He was always there for questions and concerns. He understood what we really cared about during our big day and delivered just the right words! He was funny, thoughtful and just a joy for our audience to listen to. We couldn't have chosen better. Thank you so much Rev Bill! Liz and Zeke

Weddings by Rev. Bill Epperly's reply:

Zeke and Liz, I have many fond memories of your wedding last Fall and wish you all the best as you travel together! Rev. Bill
  • Goda
    Goda Married on 09/21/2018
    Rev. Bill was a great find! He was great to work with and really accommodated our vision while planning out the wedding ceremony. My (now) husband and I are not religious but spiritual and he made us feel comfortable about our choices and carefully crafted the ceremony with appropriate words. We choose to do a few sessions of the counseling for ourselves, but to also spend some more time with Rev. Bill before the big day so it wouldn't be a stranger marrying us. We enjoyed the assessment utilized as the basis of our conversations and Rev Bill was very accommodating to our schedules and ran the sessions really nicely. We enjoyed getting to know him and his personality during these sessions as well as growing as a couple.

Leading up to the big day, we had clear and consistent communication with Rev. Bill finalizing details and he provided some nice words of reassurance that every bride needs the week of her wedding! haha On the day, he was very timely (important for a type A bride like me!) and always had a lovely calm demeanor. Overall, we had a great experience with Rev. Bill and would highly recommend. I even received comments from my family and friends that they really like him, and his voice, and demeanor so it wasn't just us who like him!

You can't go wrong with Rev. Bill!

Weddings by Rev. Bill Epperly's reply:

Thanks so much, Goda! It was really a pleasure getting to know you through the pre-marriage sessions and then the wedding planning! Your wedding at 12 Vineyards was gorgeous! I wish you lots of joy in your married life! - Rev. Bill
    Allison Married on 09/08/2018
    Rev. Bill is the best! My fiancee (now husband) and I met him for coffee in late 2017, and after one meeting knew that we wanted to move forward with booking him for our 9/8/18 wedding.

Throughout the entire process, Rev. Bill was incredibly responsive, met all timelines set and made everything so easy. We did not have a really clear idea of what we wanted for our ceremony, except that we wanted it to be on the shorter side and aligned with our personalities. He wrote the most perfect ceremony which we were able to review and edit months before the big day. We met again about 2 months before the wedding to go over everything, and again our minds were totally put at ease. We had no idea what we were doing, and Rev. Bill's guidance was invaluable.

About 3 weeks before the wedding we decided we really wanted to have a rehearsal. Rev. Bill fit it into his schedule with no problem, and was great about giving us, our families and the wedding party the guidance we needed. On the day of the wedding, everything went perfectly! We invited him and his wife to join us for the reception, and it felt like they were part of our group of family and friends. We are SO glad he was available for our wedding date!

In addition to him being a great person, Rev. Bill submitted our marriage license right after the wedding, and emailed us a copy with a cute word cloud. He is sending us a bound copy of our ceremony as a keepsake, and even shared a guided meditation in the weeks leading up to the wedding to keep us calm. Rev. Bill is the best, and we would absolutely recommend working with him for your ceremony!

Weddings by Rev. Bill Epperly's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Allison! I have had a great time meeting and getting to know you and Chris, from that first coffee at Peet's until now. I will be in touch with some couples programs and such in the future. All the best to you! - Rev. Bill
    B Married on 08/18/2018
    We cannot say enough about how wonderful Reverend Bill Epperly made our wedding experience. When we contacted several potential officiants, he stood out as the one who was most responsive, usually messaging us back within a couple hours. My wife and I were living in different cities at the time, but Rev. Bill was very flexible, meeting me at a convenient location and letting my wife Skype in. He is so friendly and easy to talk to, but also extremely professional. We appreciated his check list of wedding details that helped us plan our ceremony, especially his list of recommended passages and poems to help us select readings. He offers several different ceremony packages, which gave us the ability to customize our ceremony and say within our budget. The final ceremony he put together for us was BEAUTIFUL! Everything flowed so smoothly and his kind and thoughtful words made us and our families feel like he had known us for years. We received so many compliments about the ceremony afterwards. We feel fortunate to have found the best wedding officiant in the Chicago!

Weddings by Rev. Bill Epperly's reply:

I'm delighted to hear from you, B. Your wedding was a real highlight of my Summer! I hope you'll be in touch as your lives unfold! Rev. Bill
  • W
    William Married on 08/12/2018
    So great to work with Bill. He is amazing officant, friendly and very helpful. We are so happy that Bill is our wedding officiant.
    William & Ha

Weddings by Rev. Bill Epperly's reply:

William, I loved your wedding location - the Mystic Blue at Navy Pier! And it was great getting to know you and Ha during the wedding planning. All the best to you both! Rev. Bill
    Madison Married on 08/04/2018
    Rev. Bill was absolutely phenomenal. He took care of every aspect of the ceremony and had incredible patience with us and our very busy schedule. Rev. Bill helped us create the most perfect ceremony. Every aspect of the ceremony was carefully crafted and Rev. Bill ensured everything flowed smoothly. We are so thankful to Rev. Bill for being part of our wedding day. Our big day would not have been the same without him there!

Weddings by Rev. Bill Epperly's reply:

Thank you, Madison! Your wedding in Sycamore was truly a blast! Great location and great people. I really enjoyed getting to know you and Austin. Please stay in touch! - Rev. Bill
    Emily Married on 07/20/2018
    Rev Bill was such a wonderful addition to our wedding and to our lives. My husband and I were originally planning on having a family friend marry us. When this was no longer an option I went searching on The Knot for an officiant. After emailing back and forth with several candidates Nick and I had a phone interview with Rev. Bill. He was kind, professional, very knowledgeable, really listened to what we had to say and you could tell he already cared about us and our marriage. I loved all the options we were given on ceremony choices and his price point. Rev. Bill is extremely thorough, he really gets to know you as a couple and makes the ceremony as perfect as it could be for the two getting married. I loved every word Rev. Bill wrote for us and loved the attention we received, he wrote several drafts until Nick and I were 100% happy. We couldn't have had our perfect ceremony without him. We are very blessed to have met him, have worked with him, have had him speak his beautiful words and to know we can call on him any time in the future. Several guests at our wedding we shocked that we had only known Rev. Bill for a few months and that “today” was actually the first time we met in person, everyone thought he'd known us for years. That's how good Rev. Bill is at what he does and how much he truly cares about his couples.

Weddings by Rev. Bill Epperly's reply:

Thank you, Emily, for your kind words. It was really great getting to know you and Nick and, yes, finally celebrating your wedding after months of planning! I hope you'll both stay in touch! All the best as you begin your walk together as husband and wife! - Rev. Bill