Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD Reviews

47 Reviews for Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD

47 Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD Reviews
  • Goda

Goda · Married on 09/21/2018

Rev. Bill was a great find! He was great to work with and really accommodated our vision while planning out the wedding ceremony. My (now) husband and I are not religious but spiritual and he made us feel comfortable about our choices and carefully crafted the ceremony with appropriate words. We choose to do a few sessions of the counseling for ourselves, but to also spend some more time with Rev. Bill before the big day so it wouldn't be a stranger marrying us. We enjoyed the assessment utilized as the basis of our conversations and Rev Bill was very accommodating to our schedules and ran the sessions really nicely. We enjoyed getting to know him and his personality during these sessions as well as growing as a couple.

Leading up to the big day, we had clear and consistent communication with Rev. Bill finalizing details and he provided some nice words of reassurance that every bride needs the week of her wedding! haha On the day, he was very timely (important for a type A bride like me!) and always had a lovely calm demeanor. Overall, we had a great experience with Rev. Bill and would highly recommend. I even received comments from my family and friends that they really like him, and his voice, and demeanor so it wasn't just us who like him!

You can't go wrong with Rev. Bill!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD's reply:

Thanks so much, Goda! It was really a pleasure getting to know you through the pre-marriage sessions and then the wedding planning! Your wedding at 12 Vineyards was gorgeous! I wish you lots of joy in your married life! - Rev. Bill

B · Married on 08/18/2018

We cannot say enough about how wonderful Reverend Bill Epperly made our wedding experience. When we contacted several potential officiants, he stood out as the one who was most responsive, usually messaging us back within a couple hours. My wife and I were living in different cities at the time, but Rev. Bill was very flexible, meeting me at a convenient location and letting my wife Skype in. He is so friendly and easy to talk to, but also extremely professional. We appreciated his check list of wedding details that helped us plan our ceremony, especially his list of recommended passages and poems to help us select readings. He offers several different ceremony packages, which gave us the ability to customize our ceremony and say within our budget. The final ceremony he put together for us was BEAUTIFUL! Everything flowed so smoothly and his kind and thoughtful words made us and our families feel like he had known us for years. We received so many compliments about the ceremony afterwards. We feel fortunate to have found the best wedding officiant in the Chicago!

Sent on 09/15/2018

Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD's reply:

I'm delighted to hear from you, B. Your wedding was a real highlight of my Summer! I hope you'll be in touch as your lives unfold! Rev. Bill
  • W

William · Married on 08/12/2018

So great to work with Bill. He is amazing officant, friendly and very helpful. We are so happy that Bill is our wedding officiant.
    William & Ha

Sent on 10/15/2018
    Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD 1
    Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD 2

Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD's reply:

William, I loved your wedding location - the Mystic Blue at Navy Pier! And it was great getting to know you and Ha during the wedding planning. All the best to you both! Rev. Bill

Madison · Married on 08/04/2018

Rev. Bill was absolutely phenomenal. He took care of every aspect of the ceremony and had incredible patience with us and our very busy schedule. Rev. Bill helped us create the most perfect ceremony. Every aspect of the ceremony was carefully crafted and Rev. Bill ensured everything flowed smoothly. We are so thankful to Rev. Bill for being part of our wedding day. Our big day would not have been the same without him there!

Sent on 09/07/2018

Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD's reply:

Thank you, Madison! Your wedding in Sycamore was truly a blast! Great location and great people. I really enjoyed getting to know you and Austin. Please stay in touch! - Rev. Bill

emily · Married on 07/20/2018

Rev Bill was such a wonderful addition to our wedding and to our lives. My husband and I were originally planning on having a family friend marry us. When this was no longer an option I went searching on The Knot for an officiant. After emailing back and forth with several candidates Nick and I had a phone interview with Rev. Bill. He was kind, professional, very knowledgeable, really listened to what we had to say and you could tell he already cared about us and our marriage. I loved all the options we were given on ceremony choices and his price point. Rev. Bill is extremely thorough, he really gets to know you as a couple and makes the ceremony as perfect as it could be for the two getting married. I loved every word Rev. Bill wrote for us and loved the attention we received, he wrote several drafts until Nick and I were 100% happy. We couldn't have had our perfect ceremony without him. We are very blessed to have met him, have worked with him, have had him speak his beautiful words and to know we can call on him any time in the future. Several guests at our wedding we shocked that we had only known Rev. Bill for a few months and that “today” was actually the first time we met in person, everyone thought he'd known us for years. That's how good Rev. Bill is at what he does and how much he truly cares about his couples.

Sent on 07/31/2018

Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD's reply:

Thank you, Emily, for your kind words. It was really great getting to know you and Nick and, yes, finally celebrating your wedding after months of planning! I hope you'll both stay in touch! All the best as you begin your walk together as husband and wife! - Rev. Bill

Amanda · Married on 07/13/2018

Rev. Bill was perfect for us! He was responsive, professional and a joy to speak with. He was exactly what my husband and I were looking for. The ceremony was perfectly recited and well rehearsed. Not to mention, everything went as smooth as can be, because of Rev. Bill's organization and process. We are very grateful to have found Rev. Bill and had him as our wedding officiant!

Sent on 08/09/2018

Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD's reply:

Thank you, Amanda! It was great getting to know you and Brady. I hope to hear from you as your new life unfolds! - Rev. Bill

Adrianna · Married on 07/06/2018

Rev. Bill wonderfully officiated our wedding ceremony this summer. He was professional, from the moment we had a sit-down conversation, to the day of the ceremony. He kept in constant communication about the ceremony, had a beautifully written script for us, and took the time to hear our personal love story. Rev. Bill used our own personal style to inform what he implemented into our ceremony. For example, my husband and I experienced much loss of loved ones throughout our relationship, and Rev Bill integrated several moments to honor these individuals in our ceremony. He was quite flexible with us. Additionally, the day of the ceremony, he arrived early, eloquently officiated the ceremony, and interacted wonderfully with our wedding guests. We highly recommend Rev. Bill, as he did a great job on our big day.

Sent on 07/13/2018

Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD's reply:

Adrianna, Thanks for your beautiful review. It was quite a day! You, your fiance' and the gorgeous Lake Michigan views all around us. I won't forget it ! All the best to you! Rev. Bill

Jesus · Married on 06/15/2018

Reverend Bill has been the best choice we could've possibly made.
    From the beginning he has put all the effort in knowing us and making it special for us.
    From the unusual request of a small ceremony outdoors on the lake front in June (is was WARM), to smaller details about the language of the ceremony, the readings... he has helped shape a memorable experience for everyone involved.

Sent on 07/03/2018

Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD's reply:

Jesus, you and Kathryn were so sweet. It was a pleasure getting to know you and then Officiating for you. Please stay in touch! Rev. Bill

Kimberly · Married on 04/28/2018

Rev Bill was absolutely AMAZING. We had met with another officiant prior to him and it just didn't feel quite right. However, just moments after meeting Rev Bill, we knew we wanted him to officiate our wedding. He was kind, open-minded, caring and he understood what our ceremony needs were. We wanted a romantic and heartfelt ceremony and we knew that Rev Bill would deliver. We HIGHLY recommend Rev Bill. So much so that he officiated our legal ceremony and will do it once again for us in September 2018 for our wedding reception/ceremony for all family and friends.

Sent on 05/19/2018

Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD's reply:

Kimberly, you guys are awesome. I'm so happy to be serving as your Officiant not just once, but twice! :) - Rev. Bill

Courtney · Married on 02/27/2018

We were married by Reverend Bill in Chicago and it was absolutely perfect. He took so much time to make sure our ceremony was tailored for us. He took our personal beliefs and wishes and created a ceremonyy that was exactly what we wanted. Reverend Bill was fantastic and we would definitely recommend him!

Sent on 03/19/2018

Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD's reply:

Thank you, Courtney, I so enjoyed meeting and working with you and Sean to create your wedding! I hope you can find some time now to relax and enjoy the honeymoon period of your marriage. - Rev. Bill

Helen · Married on 02/09/2018

What can we say. Rev. Epperly made our day memorable. Last minute issues had us looking for someone to officiate our small ceremony. Rev. Epperly responded quickly and we were ale to get a time scheduled for the ceremony to take place the morning of the day were were flying back home. He is a very personable person and easy to talk to. We truly did enjoy the little ceremony in the snow, in Lincoln Park, in 17 degree weather. This is a day we will always remember. Looking forward to returning to Chicago for our 1 year anniversary.

Sent on 03/02/2018

Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD's reply:

Thanks, Helen, I really appreciate your kind words. I don't conduct many weddings in 17 degree weather, but it was wonderful to be there in the snow with you and Greg. Unforgettable! And that someone passed by right as you had your first kiss and offered to take pictures? Priceless! All the best to you and Greg! - Rev. Bill

Gary · Married on 10/19/2017

Rev Bill is the best, simply put. He is extremely down to earth and truly has the couple's best interest in mind. He is not afraid to go out of his way to ensure your special day is perfect! I would HIGHLY suggest Rev Bill for any weddings!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD's reply:

Great to hear from you, Gary, and thank you for your review! I hope we'll stay in touch - would love to talk more about social media's evolving edge and such. Best wishes to you and Ann!

Katie · Married on 09/09/2017

I would highly recommend using Rev. Bill. He was fantastic to work with. He helped us create a ceremony that was felt truly personal and reflected our religious and spiritual beliefs. He was very knowledgeable and made the process easy. He helped make everything run smoothly and we are so happy with our choice!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD's reply:

Thank you, Katie! It was a pleasure getting to know you and Ben and your families! I'll be in touch on down the road with details on a new couples program I'm working on. Rev. Bill

Darla · Married on 08/26/2017

Rev. Bill Epperly was excellent. I could not of asked for anyone better. He was very professional and met our personal needs for our situation/ceremony. Inspirational, knowledgeable, spiritual, and compassionate. Thank You also to his wife for the great pictures and the readings. Me and My Husband are Very Happy how everything worked out!!! Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 09/03/2017

Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD's reply:

Thank you, Darla! So glad to have served as your Officiant! Please stay in touch!

kelley · Married on 07/29/2017

I live in MI and googled a pastor in Chicago. This was a risky venture and I really hit the jack pot! This man is is kind, considerate, honest and simply a wonderful person. His wife, who did a reading at the wedding is a wonderful human being as well. Rev. Bill listened to us and assisted us with getting our vows just right, We are a same sex couple and he genuinely cared about this union. I HIGHLY recommend this pastor for any nuptials! You will be very satisfied and pleased! Promise!!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD's reply:

Thanks for your words, Kelley! It's been great getting to know you and Pam - please do stay in touch! Rev. Bill

Kelly · Married on 06/17/2017

We are so happy we chose to work with Rev. Bill Epperly for our wedding. He is kind, professional and makes the ceremony planning process enjoyable and easy. My husband and I come from different religious backgrounds and Rev. Bill put together a ceremony for us that perfectly combined both our perspectives. We are so lucky we found Rev. Bill and would recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding officiant.

Sent on 08/19/2017

Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD's reply:

Thank you, Kelly! It was truly wonderful to work with you and Patrick! Here's wishing you many many happy years to come!

Ellen · Married on 02/18/2017

Rev Bill was so wonderful to work with. From our first meeting over skype, we knew he would be the one to officiate our wedding. He was kind, thoughtful and very responsive to any questions and inquiries we had. We worked together to customize our ceremony to exactly what we wanted! I would recommend him to anyone! We had so many people compliment how great our ceremony was and how special it made everyone feel. Thanks to Rev Bill, it was more special than we could have imagined!

Sent on 03/17/2017

Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Ellen! It was truly so much fun to get to know you two and to work on, then, Officiate at your wedding! I wish you all the best as you travel on! - Rev. Bill

Donna · Married on 01/21/2017

Rev. Bill is a very kind, considerate, and organized person. He is also very punctual. He provided us the itinerary of my wedding ceremony two weeks before our wedding and allow us to change it on our preferences. We required a Christian style wedding ceremony and he was very professional by providing us with the typical events should be included in a Christian wedding. We also had our rehearsal one day before our wedding, he arrived at the venue ten minutes earlier than we scheduled. The wedding went very well under his leading. The price is very reasonable and affordable. I would definitely recommend Rev. Bill to my friends who are getting married!!!! Thank you Rev. Bil, I wish you all the best!!!!

Sent on 01/23/2017

Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD's reply:

Hi, Donna, I really enjoyed working with you and your husband and learning about Chinese culture! When you called me less than a month before your wedding, I wasn't sure if we had enough time, but together we did it! All the best to you and Tianyu (Simon)! Please stay in touch. -Rev. Bill

Kelly · Married on 10/01/2016

Rev. Bill did a wonderful job of working with us to create a non-religious ceremony that still had the sentiment and meaning we wanted. He was professional without losing the sincerity that makes a wedding ceremony special. We would highly recommend him for any type of ceremony, religious or non-religious.

Sent on 10/03/2016

Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. It's always a privilege to help a couple have the wedding they know they want (even if they don't know what that IS at the start of planning). I'm delighted to have gotten to know you! - Rev. Bill

alexis · Married on 08/12/2016

My husband and I eloped in Chicago and were planning our ceremony from out of town. Reverend Bill spoke with us via skype and over the phone. We spoke with several officiants and knew Reverend Bill was special right away. He got to know us, our background, our foundations and beliefs and all the while made us feel comfortable and supported. He helped us prepare for obtaining a license out of state and with his help (and extremely useful resource packet) we put together the most perfect and fitting ceremony that reflected our relationship. His calming and genuine presence were consistent from the first time we spoke on the phone until the last reading of our ceremony. It was truly an honor to have Rev. Bill officiate our wedding. We did our research on officiants in the Chicago area and we highly recommend Reverend Bill.

Sent on 01/13/2017

Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD's reply:

Alex, I have so enjoyed meeting you and getting to know you. I am actually missing you now that your Elopement is over. I hope to hear from you on down the road and wish many many happy years to come! - Rev. Bill

Joanna · Married on 07/16/2016

My now-husband and I have different religious beliefs and so we were looking for an officiant who felt comfortable performing a wedding ceremony that is respectful of both backgrounds. I found Rev. Bill Epperly via a wedding resource website and what made me reach out to him were the stellar reviews he received. Not only does he perform ceremonies for couples of different faiths, but he also creates ceremonies that incorporate pieces unique and genuine to the couple. Our experience was no different. Rev Bill was very responsive to our notes and allowed us to our own variation of the flower ceremony where we thank our parents. He also beautifully explained to our guests the significace of our marriage sponsors (a traditional component of Filipino weddings). Rev Bill's professionalism combined with his friendly and warm demeanor helped make our wedding ceremony heartfelt and one to remember. Thank you for joining our special day!

Sent on 08/02/2016

Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD's reply:

Joanna, It's been nothing but a pleasure to get to know you and Yoo Soo. I will definitely hope to stay in touch!

Cole · Married on 06/25/2016

Reverend Bill was an excellent officiant - we would highly recommend him to anyone conducting a wedding ceremony in the Chicago area. Our ceremony was a bit unique as it was secular and also included a Chinese tea ceremony. Rev. Bill was very flexible and accommodated both of these unique aspects perfectly. He kept us organized throughout and made our planning of this unique ceremony much easier. Overall, Rev. Bill is highly professional and a great advisor to have as part of the wedding.

Sent on 10/15/2018

Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD's reply:

Cole, the Tea Ceremony was really special. I wish you all the best as you begin your married life together! Rev. Bill

Rev. Bill was amazing! Throughout the planning stage, he was super responsive and incredibly helpful. He completely put us at ease the days leading up to the wedding. Our wedding ceremony was just perfect, I wouldn't have changed a thing. My husband and I would highly recommend Rev. Bill to anyone getting married in this area!!

Sent on 06/26/2016

Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD's reply:

Ashley, It was pure joy working with you and celebrating your wedding! I hope we can stay in touch! - Rev. Bill

Norma · Married on 03/07/2016

My husband and I are two very different people. As such, the ideas for our ceremony were very different. Luckily for us, a recommendation came through for Reverend Bill. From the first time we contacted him he was incredibly helpful. He walked us through the entire process of preparing a ceremony that would honor both of our personalities and priorities. He also helped us by reading our vows. Writing them was something that may seem easy but can be harder than expected when you haven’t done this ever before!
    Our wedding day was so meaningful and a huge part of that was due to the beautiful ceremony that Reverend Bill helped us create and officiated.