Rev. Anita J. Gordon Reviews

240 | Salt Lake City, UT

240 Reviews for Rev. Anita J. Gordon

240 Rev. Anita J. Gordon Reviews

Jenny · Married on 09/17/2018

Anita was absolutely wonderful every step of the way. I can’t imagine how much more stressed I would’ve been if we had gone with someone else. She was always on top of everything, very accommodating to our wishes, and made us feel so comfortable and delivered flawlessly on our big day. If you are going in blindly like I was and are reading reviews to decide who to officiate your ceremony, do yourself a favor and book with Anita Gordon. We couldn’t be happier that we did! :)

Devyn · Married on 09/13/2018

Anita was so amazing. Our ceremony was so beautiful and the coolest thing is we picked what we wanted. I'm so happy my now wife and I chose her.

Britteny · Married on 08/25/2018

I can’t say enough about Anita! From the first time we met, she completely put my mind at ease. She loves what she does as a wedding officiant. She’s professional, organized and charismatic. She lets you choose from a variety of ceremonies and anything you would like to include, she’s open to it. She includes you in creating the ceremony you want without it being overwhelming. We were able to write our own wedding vows (not required) and it was the highlight of the night for many of the guests and ourselves. She was there the day of on time and she ran through what was expected of everyone beforehand. The way she presented the ceremony was beautiful. I couldn’t have asked for more! She was part of making our wedding day so incredibly special. It was all I wanted and more! Of all of the things I had to take care of for our big day, the choice to hire her and creating a ceremony was the smoothest, simplest task that was actually enjoyable!

Rev. Anita J. Gordon 1
    Rev. Anita J. Gordon 2
    Rev. Anita J. Gordon 3
    Rev. Anita J. Gordon 4
    Rev. Anita J. Gordon 5

Lindsay · Married on 06/10/2018

I think my husband described Rev. Anita’s genuine character best when he said that talking with Rev. Anita felt like you were just catching up with an old friend, even though we just met. There is something about her that makes you know and feel, she is a very special person. She is incredibly personable yet a complete professional and an expert at her art. We are beyond elated with the entire experience from beginning to end with Rev. Anita as our wedding officiant. She writes amazingly beautiful ceremonies and picked out certain things when we met with her and told her our story that made the ceremony totally personal to us and our families. She also understood our love for our pup and our want to have him every bit part of the ceremony that we were and she made that happen! We wanted a non-religious ceremony focused around friendship and she absolutely delivered exactly what we wanted...but even better than we could have imagined. She also made sure we knew she was there for us during the whole process, including wedding day which was so comforting. She even jumped in and helped pin boutonnieres on everyone and made sure the timeline stayed on-track as much as possible! Throughout the ceremony, she discreetly made sure to give my husband and I queues to remember what we should be doing since everything we discussed before the ceremony just went blank in the moment and she also was able to read the audience and do some impromptu things that made it very personable and were so funny, fitting to what was going on and whitty! We just cannot thank and give Rev. Anita enough kudos for the beautiful and fantastic job she did. She is absolutely amazing and we would not change a single thing. We would recommend Rev. Anita to everyone! She makes us want to get married over and over again which, if/when we renew our vows...we know EXACTLY who we are going to ask! She is an absolutely wonderful officiant, a genuinely kind human being and we are lucky to have met her.

Rev. Anita J. Gordon 6
    Rev. Anita J. Gordon 7
    Rev. Anita J. Gordon 8
    Rev. Anita J. Gordon 9
    Rev. Anita J. Gordon 10
    Rev. Anita J. Gordon 11

Sarah · Married on 12/09/2017

I eloped in Moab, UT and started looking for great officiants, and BOOM, landed on Rev. Anita. My God, am I glad I did. I can't image our ceremony (and my mental state during said elopement) without her.

From our first conversation about booking and planning, to our last about the ceremony itself, I relished her warmth and calm disposition. She is the type of person that makes you sit back and think about what a good person she is (even after just talking on the phone!). Rev. Anita helped us create a ceremony that was truly unique and our own. She was so open to input and feedback and wrote in the things we really wanted (including a prayer from each of our families and two passages we really liked). She never pressured me or hurried me along.

Rev. Anita drove 4 hours to officiate and my husband and I had planned on a time to meet for our ceremony. We got lost (of course) and ended up on a 2 hour detour. Anita remained so calm and composed and helped me relax when we finally made it to our location. What kind of person does that?! She had literally just driven a zillion miles and even after I delayed her trip home, she kept loving on me and making me feel wonderful.

She is such a special person and will really make an imprint on your heart. Trust me when I say that her services are worth every single penny, and so much more.

Rev. Anita- we love you and are so thankful to have met you. You are truly an wonderful, warm spirit and helped make our day so much more than we ever dreamed!

Melissa · Married on 10/07/2017

Anita is AMAZING! I am a wedding planner, and I suggest Anita (or her husband) to EVERY client because is a total dreamboat. From beginning to ceremony to end - she sets the bar HIGH for all wedding officiants. She is an amazing public speaker, but it feels just SO genuine. Every one of her couples feels like the most important couple ever - because they ARE. She is also going to be one of your most valuable resources during the planning process-she's totally honest and will give you the best advice. In addition, I just got married and of course, I made her come all the way to California to be my own officiant, because to me - there just is no one else. It was great too, I was able to experience what it's like to be one of her brides! I loved her process and her worksheets. It made the entire experience SO fun for my husband and I. During our ceremony, she told our love story, a version she had created herself just from what we had written in her worksheet and IT WAS SPOT ON. Don't even think about it, book her FIRST. If she isn't available, her husband is also totally fantastic and you should book him. They're both absolute gems.

Rev. Anita J. Gordon 12
    Rev. Anita J. Gordon 13

Stevie · Married on 09/22/2017

By definition, your wedding officiant is someone who leads your wedding ceremony, and by law, signs your marriage license signifying that he or she knows of no reason you are not qualified to be married. Now, setting this degree of distinctiveness aside for a moment, kindly allow me to roll up my sleeves with willful certainly, gather my humbled thoughts into a competitive spirit and without hesitation, expel the largest amount of truth on you in a way to which you've never seen! Rev. Anita Gordon, by definition, will deliver a seamless ceremony, but by actuality, will provide you with much more. See, Rev. Anita is infectiously advantageous, which allows her to captivate audiences by showcasing your love for each other in a way in which is purposefully formatted to compliment the personal journey you've embarked on so far. This aptitude is not very easy to come by since this involves a lot of listening, personal investment, patience and guidance through the phone calls, meetings and emails to understand your uniqueness that she then has to internalize, analyze and explain to folks! Finding these qualities in a true professional is few and far between because it demands a prerequisite that they give so much of themselves to you and your partner from the beginning. Look no further, Rev. Anita has conditioned that talent deserved to you. Not only is she incredibly successful at exhibiting your short -or long- love story to you, your family, and friends with grace and genuine affection, she adds a cathartic value to the powerful feeling you're 100% into at the very moment you say I DO. I'm here to tell you, you're jolted into a blissful euphoria not because you're standing there vulnerable, but because you're being led by someone who is serving your love story in a profound and emotional way. Rev. Anita deserves more than 5 Stars and I am forever indebted to the universe for allowing our paths to cross to prepare for one of the most special days of my life.

Rev. Anita J. Gordon 14

Summer · Married on 07/26/2017

Amazing, punctual, professional, kind...I cannot say enough good things. She helped with our vows and made it perfect. I only wish I could get married to my husband again so I could hang out with her more!

Karie · Married on 07/09/2017

Anita made it easy to plan a customized, personalized ceremony. She was responsive, engaging, prepared and punctual. We didn't meet in person until the morning of the ceremony but it felt like we'd known her forever. She helped pin corsages and boutonnieres, shared tips for good pictures, welcomed our guests and helped make our ceremony perfect.

Cortney · Married on 07/08/2017

Anita was great! She was punctual, flexible, and provided us with the ceremony we wanted. She was willing to travel and professional. Her personality was great. Anita also made it easy to create a cermoney that was meaningful to us. Thank you Anita!

Victoria · Married on 05/12/2017

Anita's prices may seem a little expensive at first in comparison to other officiants, but it's totally worth it! She made it very easy for us to decide how our ceremony was going to go, and had many unique ideas that we had never seen at weddings in the past. We had always wanted to write our own vows, but were a little nervous to do so. Anita helped us to compose our vows in a way that would allow us to best express our love while keeping the ceremony flowing smoothly. Several guests told us that it was a beautiful ceremony and that they were going to "steal" some of the ideas that Anita recommended. Choose Anita. You won't regret it.

Barbara · Married on 11/05/2016

We were so pleased with Anita and her services. Anita is professional, punctual, warm, funny, sincere and she exudes a calming demeanor that rubs off on you. That's a good thing when your knees are shaking. Our ceremony was everything we had hoped for and more. I ditto everything all the other reviews say. Make your life easy and just hire Anita. There will be no regrets.

Juliane · Married on 10/15/2016

Having Reverend Anita officiate was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding! From the very first sit-down meeting to the time we said our vows, Reverend Anita was flexible, caring, and personal. She answered our many questions promptly and fully and really walked us through the whole ceremony. Her preparation helped ease our nerves.

Right before the wedding, I was so nervous that I could hardly rub two brain cells together to form a coherent sentence. Reverend Anita was very understanding, even helping with some last minute preparation. During the ceremony, she put a bit of humor into our readings and vows, really setting a wonderful tone. We received so many compliments.

I would recommend Reverend Anita to anyone. She made our whole wedding experience wonderful!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Rev. Anita J. Gordon's reply:

Thank you for your very kind words. I will admit, you were about as jumpy, giddy and nervous as I've even seen a bride. You really had me laughing. Sorry I couldn't score you a drink. I'm pretty sure it would've helped. (Couldn't hurt.) The ceremony you composed was truly beautiful and it was my honor to perform it for you. Now that you're all relaxed and saw how easy it was, let's do it again in about five years. Thanks again!

Julia · Married on 10/14/2016

Anita was so very helpful on our wedding day. She walked us through the whole process before the wedding started, and made the entire ceremony very smooth! We didn't have to think about anything (what to do with my flowers, when do we need to put the rings on, etc), she took care of all the details. I would recommend Anita to anybody who wants to have a fun and smooth wedding!

Sasha · Married on 10/06/2016

I can definitely say our ceremony wouldn't have been the same without Anita. She was so friendly and personable and we had a great connection with her. The ceremony was a great mix of sentiment and laughter and everyone enjoyed Anita so much! Anita was so easy to work with and made the whole process of planning how the ceremony would go very easy and was completely flexible on what we wanted to do to make it ours. We wanted to do an Irish handfasting and she was more than happy to incorporate that into our ceremony. She really knows what she's doing and helped both of us calm our nerves at the rehearsal and ceremony. Thank you Anita!

Chantel · Married on 10/05/2016

Anita was an absolute joy to work with. She's so bubbly and friendly and made us feel so at ease through the whole wedding process. She truly loves what she does and is very good at her job. We contacted her at pretty late notice (about a week and a half before our wedding date), and she totally rolled with it! We met with her a few days after reaching out and she went over everything in detail and answered any questions we had. She also gave us a personalized folder full of everything we would need to know and was really fast at responding to any questions we had over the next few days. She has SO many options, and can make the wedding as religious or non-religious as you'd like! Whatever vision you have in mind, Anita can make it happen.

The day of the wedding, she arrived a little early to talk with everybody involved and make sure everybody knew what was going on, and she did such a good job at calming my wedding jitters! The ceremony went off without a hitch, and it was everything I dreamed it would be. Thanks Anita!

Sent on 10/13/2016

Rev. Anita J. Gordon's reply:

WOW! Thanks for the awesome review. You and Charley made my part very easy. You definitely had the love energy going on. It was my pleasure to work with you as you both had me cracking up. Laughter and love sorta go together. Thank you again for giving me the honor of presiding over your ceremony. It was truly beautiful.

Kellie · Married on 09/30/2016

Anita is so wonderful! She makes everything so easy and fun.

Shaelyn · Married on 09/29/2016

Anita is amazing!! I am so so happy we went with her. She helped make our day so special. She is very accommodating and flexible. She also communicated with us really well and efficiently. She is also open to ideas, she truly wants it a day about the couple. I would recommend her to everyone!! :) Thank you Anita!!

Lauren · Married on 09/24/2016

Anita is an amazing officiant! She made the whole process of planning our ceremony fun and easy, and she had great advice for us. In the end we had a beautifully written ceremony that was very meaningful to us but also the message resonated with our guests. I received so many compliments from our guests about the ceremony and Anita. She is such a professional--when she came to see me before the ceremony I was a bundle of nerves. She came in and reviewed how everything would go from start to finish--her whole presence was calming. I really can't say enough great things about Anita! One of the best decisions of our wedding day was meeting and choosing her!

Amber · Married on 09/10/2016

Anita is the BEST!! I couldn't have asked for a better minister. She was recommended to us and I am so glad and honored to have had her share our special moment. She made the ceremony so personal and we really appreciate that! Very flexible and accommodating. WE loved her :)

Thomas · Married on 09/09/2016

We absolutely loved Anita! Everything was so easy and the options she gave us were endless and very organized! She makes sure to get every detail and lets you pick out anything and everything! We were pretty clueless on what we wanted her to say, but once we met with her and saw her packet we knew it was going to be the easiest part of the wedding! She kept in touch and made sure we were prepared with every aspect of our wedding!
    Thanks Anita!

BreAnna · Married on 09/09/2016

Anita was very accommodating, friendly, and professional. She was supportive and really made our wedding perfect!

Jen · Married on 07/23/2016

Anita is simply the best. Such a warm and inviting personality. We instantly connected and I knew that she would be the one to officiate our wedding right from the start. She has a strong presence in front of a crowd, can handle sensitive moments with ease, and makes everyone feel like family. I highly recommend working with Anita for your big day!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Rev. Anita J. Gordon's reply:

Thank you Jen for your very kind review. I absolutely loved your wedding. What was not to love? Mid mountain at PCMR on a spectacular day cannot be beat. Three things I wanted to tell you about your wedding. First, Bestman David was the best, bestman I've ever had in 15 years. Your ceremony had several moving parts and he was all over it. Broken leg and all. It was like he was reading my mind and jumping into action. Please pass my compliments onto him. Second, when I arrived on site I looked all over for the "grapevines" you were going to tie during your ceremony. I couldn't locate them so I went to your awesome planner Kasey (Harvest Moon Events) and ask if she knew where the "grapevines" were? She stared at me for about 30 seconds as her mind was spinning, turned around, picked up your rope and said, "I believe this is what you're looking for. Your couple will be tying a "grapevine knot", not tying grapevines." LOL. We both lost it. I'm not a climber so I had never heard of a grapevine knot. There is your laugh for the day. Third, the way you had the stage arranged with your floral was the best I'd ever seen there. Everyone does it different, but yours really rocked. Good job! Thanks again for such an awesome wedding.

Julia · Married on 02/27/2016

Anita is a wonderful, caring person and we were truly lucky to have her as our officiant. She made planning our ceremony so easy and it was totally personalized, which we loved. Our day was so perfect and special, and Anita played a large role. We will never forget her and so appreciate her being there.