28 Reviews for Rev. Amy Riesenberg

Presbyterian (1)
Methodist (1)
No Denomination (1)
28 Rev. Amy Riesenberg Reviews

Reverend Amy officiated our outdoor wedding ceremony this weekend, and she was just incredible! My fiancé and I are both very spiritual people, though we do not identify with a particular religion, and we have several family members who follow Catholic and Lutheran religious practices. Amy did an amazing job of helping us craft a ceremony that was true to our values, but also sensitive to the beliefs of others. We absolutely LOVED working with her for the past several months. She is kind, open-minded, big-hearted, and welcoming with a great sense of humor. I would highly recommend Rev. Amy to anyone and everyone! If I could give more stars, I would!

Profile Picture Ali , 9/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Thank goodness for Amy! As I am Christian and he is agnostic, finding an officiant who we felt we could be honest with and who would work to make a ceremony that appealed to both of us was daunting. We found Amy online and everyone had such glowing things to say, and it was all true! She was such a bright and pleasant person to work with, and she works so hard to develop a ceremony that's a perfect fit for the couple. At the end of the day, everyone said the ceremony was so us. Also invaluable were all Amy's words of wisdom -- she was great about keeping us upbeat during the planning process and reminding us that it was our wedding. Highly recommend her to anyone looking for a unique ceremony and calming, helpful presence! We will definitely be back for any officiant needs in the future!

Profile Picture Emily, 3/26/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Rehearsal, Interfaith Ceremony, Customized Vows, Licensed, Counseling, Agnostic, Methodist

We were looking for a minister to perform our wedding ceremony because we did not belong to a church congregation, and we found Reverend Amy in an online search. Both of us were impressed by her reviews, and she met our criteria of being a progressive, interfaith minister. When we first met Amy for coffee to introduce ourselves, we were immediately drawn to her warmth and her humor. It was clear that she took her work as an officiant seriously, but also that her focus would be on crafting a ceremony that was unique to us as a couple. When she insisted on giving us each a hug before we left the coffee store, we knew that she was someone we could quickly build a connection with and decided to hire her for counseling as well as officiating.

We met with Amy four times for counseling before our wedding, and each session was a chance for the two of us to explore aspects of our relationship that we had never discussed out loud before. Our conversations were enlightening, heartfelt, and often left us all laughing, while the homework assignments we received help facilitate more discussion at home. Amy also helped us understand our differences, and moderated the tougher conversations with grace. While the counseling sessions were great in their own right, they also had the great side effect of helping inspire her sermon at our wedding. She worked with us to plan our ceremony, helping us select readings, blessings, and vows; and she was great at working with our wedding party during the rehearsal to get everyone prepared for the big day.

The ceremony went off without a hitch, and everyone found Amy’s words to be inspiring and personal, with just the right dose of humor.

We could not have been happier with Amy as an officiant or as a counselor. She did a great job helping us plan all the minute details of our wedding day, but she also made sure we took the time to consider what being married would actually mean for us going forward.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 9/12/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Rehearsal, Interfaith Ceremony, Customized Vows, Licensed, Counseling, Agnostic, No Denomination, Presbyterian

Rev. Amy was FANTASTIC. From the moment we met, she made my now-husband and I feel incredibly comfortable. We had the opportunity to meet with her a few times before the wedding, and even though we were meeting to lay out wedding plans Amy made it really fun. She has a great sense of humor, is incredibly creative and caring, and made our wedding ceremony incredibly special to us. Amy is SO easy to work with and tailored our wedding ceremony to fit our preferences perfectly. She was also a rock star at our wedding rehearsal the day before, and kept our large wedding party and family on track while still keeping the tone of the rehearsal fun and light-hearted. A+++!!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Maggie, 4/17/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Working with Amy was a dream. She really made an effort to get to know us as a couple, and made herself available at all times for any questions that we had about the wedding process. She also provided 1 session of premarital counseling which gave us a nice overview the strengths of our relationship as well as things we could improve on. I couldn't have asked for a better person to bring us into this new phase of life.

Profile Picture User3412049, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Reverend Amy was wonderful! She was so friendly and attentive, and really made sure that my husband and I truly got the ceremony that we wanted! We were so happy with the way that everything turned out, and would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking to create their perfect wedding ceremony! Thank you Rev. Amy!

Profile Picture Moriah, 11/7/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Amy was a gift to us. She is so supportive, understanding and amazing at what she does. Not only was our day a special day to me and my husband but she made it that much more special! I would recommend her to anyone and everyone on their special day! Thanks again amy!
Love mr and mrs kellerman!!! :)

Profile Picture Alexis, 11/9/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We couldn't have chosen a better officiant than Amy for our recent wedding. She is very friendly and easy to work with, and helped us create a ceremony that was perfect for us. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Catherine, 10/19/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Amy is amazing! She took the time to get to know my husband and I and made our ceremony very personalized. She was so helpful with getting started in the process and let me customize the ceremony exactly how we wanted it!

Profile Picture Alaina, 10/12/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Amy did an amazing job, especially tailoring the ceremony to represent our personalities.
It was a beautiful ceremony and Amy was professional and made us feel comfortable the entire time.
I would recommend Amy to anyone that I know.

Profile Picture Briana, 10/5/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev Amy was amazing to work with. She was prompt, pleasant and deep down, just an all around good person. Although we just met her months before our wedding, it felt like we were old friends. She made our ceremony very personable and light-hearted; just what we wanted! We received many compliments from guests on how touching our ceremony was. I would definitely recommend Amy to others!

Profile Picture Sara, 10/5/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I really enjoyed meeting with Amy before the wedding. She gladly agreed to come meet us on our side of town, and her presence was instantly calming. She is personable, honest, creative, and dependable. I would recommend her to the closest of my friends, for any life event where a minister is needed. As for the wedding, it all went without a hitch and I am grateful for Amy for that--she rounded up the troops (family and bridal party!) and made sure everyone knew what they were supposed to be doing. If she wasn't there, I would not have known what time it was or if the musicians were performing or where I was supposed to stand. Highly, highly recommend!

Profile Picture Danielle, 10/4/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We found Amy online and were very happy we chose her. She was easy to work with, professional, helpful and friendly. She handled pretty much everything in preparation for the wedding and all we had to do was tell her what we liked and didn't like. She was very open to us doing things how we wanted it but offered plenty of helpful guidance and suggestions. When the day arrived we were stress free and the ceremony went perfectly. She did a fantastic job and we've received many compliments from wedding guests that our officiant was great. Thank you Amy!

Profile Picture Tara, 9/28/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

It is hard to put into words how lucky we feel to have crossed paths with Amy. We had reached out to her based on the great reviews on The Knot.com. Not only was she our wedding officiant, but she also instructed our pre-marital counseling sessions. As the weeks progressed, both my husband and I formed a friendship with Amy that we feel contributred into a more meaningful and personal ceremony. We could not have had a better day and we both feel like she became our friend who we wanted to have as a guest at our wedding to celebrate our marriage.

Profile Picture Kristin, 9/27/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

From the moment we first met with Rev. Amy in person to discuss her as our wedding officiant, we knew she was the perfect match! She made us feel very comfortable with her warm, friendly and bubbly approach. We were able to personalize every aspect of our ceremony from the vows, readings, blessing of rings, pronouncement of marriage etc. Rev. Amy provided wondering options and examples for us to use and help us outline our ceremony. If you're more creative then us you can create parts or all of your ceremony from scratch if you'd like!

The groom's father had passed away just a year before and it was important that we include him in the ceremony somehow. Not only did we have a memorial candle, photo and have Rev. Amy make a statement about remembering those who have passed but she also came up with a wonderful way to include him in the ceremony. She presented the idea for us to light our individual unity candles from his memorial candle before lighting our unity candle together and we both loved it! It was a very touching moment for many of the family members in attendance and the groom was very happy he was able to include his father somehow. That's not the kind of attention and personalization you'll get from just any officiant!

We would absolutely recommend Amy to anyone getting married and we now have a minister for anything we may need for life!

Profile Picture Kelly and Joel, 4/27/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We have nothing but good things to say about Amy. From our initial contact with her, she always responded very timely and was very helpful in putting together the ideas we had for our ceremony. She was able to give us exactly what we were looking for.

Profile Picture Jennie, 7/28/12, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Amy was incredibly helpful throughout the planning process and really took the time to get to know us as a couple. She did a fantastic job tailoring the ceremony to our wants and needs and we couldn't have been happier!

Profile Picture Molly, 7/21/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Amy was the first person we interviewed to be our officiant and we had no doubts that she was perfect. She is professional, personable, likable, and knows her job. She made our wedding experience spectacular!

Profile Picture Heather, 7/16/12, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Amy was one of the most wonderful things that happened to us while wedding planning! We were nervous about finding an officiant, but once we talked with her we knew that she was the perfect fit. She worked with us to craft a beautiful and unique ceremony, and really took time to get to know us as a couple and as individuals. On the day of the ceremony, not only did she perform a beautiful ceremony, but she also helped us scramble to move our outdoor ceremony inside due to rain.

She is a person who has truly found her calling in life as an officiant. It is evident in her vivacity, enthusiasm, and sincerity. We cannot recommend her highly enough!

Profile Picture Megan, 7/13/12, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Amy is amazing!!!! We had the most amazing ceremony and she was also very fun and energetic to work with!!!!

Profile Picture Erin, 6/30/12, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Amy was perfect. We had met with 7 different people to make our day special and we just fell in love with Amy! She is just so personable and very spiritual and understanding. My husband and I were raised with extremely different religious backgrounds (I was raised Catholic he was raised Mormon) but wanted to have somewhat of a spiritual ceremony. We came up with our ceremony through internet and from talking to people. She helped us perfect it and make it ours. She was very helpful with ideas and willing to go above and beyond to make our day truly ours. I would highly recommend her to anyone who wants to have a friend marry you and be willing to create something special for you! Thank you Amy for making our day special and uniquely ours!

Profile Picture Erin, 6/26/12, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We really enjoyed working with Amy and she met with us before the wedding to discuss vows and came to do a rehearsal and her schedule was very flexible! We will definetly recommend Amy to others!!

Profile Picture Jess, 6/23/12, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Amy was amazing! She was so nice and I needed that after going through what I did. I called her not even a week before my wedding and she made time for my wedding. And she gave me just the hug I needed the day of my wedding. The ceremony was more then we could've hoped for, and she laughed right along with my husband and I. I cannot find the words to thank her and I never will. I would refer her to anybody! Ages great! And she genuinely cares it doesn't get any better then being married by someone who actually wants to be a part of your day!

Profile Picture ivory, 6/9/12, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband and I could not be happier with the experience we had working with Amy. She was professional yet talked to us as if we had been friends for years. She was very helpful during our wedding planning process and we looked forward to our meetings with her! Our friends and family all said that our ceremony was one of the best that they had seen. We highly recommend Amy's services!

Profile Picture User4553712, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews