Rettew's Catering Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Luke G. Married on 10/08/2022

10/10 Would Recommend

From the start, we felt like we were the only couple Rettew's was catering for. Very communicative, honest, helpful, etc. Our tasting was just the two of us - and I'd try to describe how wonderful it was, but I fear I'd hit the character limit. Everything tasted great, was presented as if it was our wedding day, and no tweak or wish of ours was too much for Rettew's to graciously accept. As our wedding day got closer, our coordinator was wonderful handling various tweaks, add ons, drop offs. We never felt like a burden to the team; they made us feel like everything was in control. Day of, you won't be disappointed with the staff. I think every single server went out of there way to congratulate us and ask if there was anything the could get us (an extra app, a drink refill, etc.)... and best of all, you could tell they were 1000% genuine. Didn't seem like they were checking a box, but truly wishing us the best. Would do it all over again in a heartbeat!
  • Daniel
    Daniel A. Married on 09/10/2022

Top Notch!

Don’t let anyone else do your catering in Manheim. They are absolutely the best!
  • Donna
    Donna B. Married on 05/02/2022

Great food

The food was great and the service we received was just as great. They took great care of the guest.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Talia R. Married on 11/12/2021

Amazing Food!

I haven't heard one bad thing about the food provided by Rettew's! Everyone loved both our steak and chicken options and I heard multiple times that it was the best food they have had at a wedding. Rettew's also did my cake and sugar cookies and they turned out amazing and yummy too! My wedding was 200+ and Rettew's rose to the occasion!
  • Maddy
    Maddy H. Married on 10/17/2021

Best decision

We chose Rettew's to cater our wedding and it was the best decision. The food was absolutely incredible. . Our guests said it was the best food they ever had at a wedding. The staff was absolutely incredible and easy to work with. Highly recommend!
  • Andrew
    Andrew R. Married on 09/25/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Effortless with quality food and service

Rettew's catered our wedding on 9/25/21 and I wish I could give them more than 5 stars. Throughout the entire process, Michelle G. worked very closely with us to make sure we had the perfect day. She answered endless questions and had multiple calls to ensure our every need was met. When our big day came, her husband Michael G. greeted us and reviewed all the details to make sure everything in line.

Mike made sure to bring us multiple plates of cheesesteak egg rolls and shrimp cocktail while we completed our photos around the property. When dinner came, all our guests were quickly served and taken care of. The food was just as amazing as it was during the tasting! I had multiple guests tell me the short rib was the best they've ever had...and we even received compliments on the juicy grilled chicken and penne a la vodka. But the main win overall was the parmesan smashed potatoes, everyone loved them! Lastly, all my mom's friend kept asking for the recipe for the citrus punch, so give it a shot if you're into that sort of thing.

I hope to have an event big enough to enlist Rettew's services again!
  • Nicole
    Nicole S. Married on 09/25/2021

Delicious food!

Rettew's catered our wedding on 9/25/21 and everything turned out exactly as we envisioned. We received so many compliments on how good our food was. Guests raved about our appetizers (bacon-wrapped scallops, crab cakes, chicken and waffles, mac and cheese cups, and meatball parm slider). Guests also loved our entrees and constantly mentioned how tender the short ribs were and how perfectly the chicken and salmon were cooked. Our cake came out beautifully and even better than we imagined (and tasted just as great)! Guests really enjoyed our mini desserts as well (cheesecake, macaroons, mousse cups, raspberry shortcake parfait, and fruit tarts). Katelyn from Rettew's was on-site during our wedding and was extremely helpful and there for us the entire night. The waiter's and bartender's service was fantastic for both the cocktail hour and reception. We worked primarily with Michelle for the process leading up to the wedding. Michelle was a pleasure to work with and was extremely accommodating and always quick to respond to questions that we had. They also had a great selection of tablecloths and decor that fit our vision perfectly. Overall, the food and service Rettew's provided was second to none and was truly enjoyed by all of our guests.
    Pat E. Married on 09/18/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The. Best. Caterer. Around. (look no further)

Rettew's Catering is the one and only place you need to look for your wedding catering needs! Everything tasted exactly like the tasting from a year ago. I have heard horror stories about how tastings do not always match the day of the wedding entrees. Many said it was the best dinner and hors d'oeuvres they had ever had. Never cut corners on the food. Cut elsewhere, but not on that! We felt the price we paid was reasonable and the value was excellent. I loved how Michelle worked within our budget. And it is clear that Jennifer (owner) has a passion to provide the best quality of food and flavor .Hats off to Rettew's for an amazing meal AND service (I almost forgot that!) You helped make our daughter's wedding extraordinary!
  • Jacqueline
    Jacqueline H. Married on 06/19/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best cater, food and customer experience!

Hiring Rettew’s to be our wedding caterer was one of the best vendor decisions that I made during my wedding planning process. From start to finish the customer service, communication, quality of food and overall execution was five stars. Michelle Gruber was so easy to work with and was very understanding when I postponed my wedding a full year due to the pandemic. I then changed my venue, and Michelle worked directly with me and my new venue to get onboarded without a hitch. And then on wedding day, the food was DELICIOUS. My motto is that if you don’t remember the food at someone’s wedding then that’s a good sign. Not the case with Rettew’s! I had multiple guests on the day of and afterwards remark on how delicious their meals were. Apps were also so yummy and their presentation is top notch. With so many important decisions that go into the wedding planning process, I am so thankful for the entire Rettew’s team for their professionalism, quality of product and overall demeanor. The best! Thank you :)
  • Sara
    Sara P. Married on 06/12/2021

The Best Potatoes Au Gratin in the World

Rettew's was great to work with. Not only is their food absolutely amazing, but their service Is also unmatched. Their entire staff and team is kind, friendly, and takes care of you.
    They are very diligent and quick to return emails, answer any questions, and work with you to make your wedding day one to remember.
    Their food is to die for. If you have the chance to eat their potatoes au gratin, you will not regret it.
  • Tory
    Tory T. Married on 03/06/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Phenomenal food and service!

Rettew’s food at our wedding was absolutely INCREDIBLE! From cocktail hour through dessert, our guests enjoyed every bite. We had the ability to fully customize our menu into something that suited our needs and gave everyone a unique experience. Michelle was amazing to work with from start to finish for our many requests and helping to keep our guests safe. The service and overall experience could not have been better. Thank you for making our day a huge success!
    Courtney K. Married on 11/14/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Professional team & delicious food!

My husband and I are so happy with our decision to book Rettew's for our wedding. The team is professional, organized, super accommodating, and not too much, wonderful chefs!
    We received endless compliments on our food, especially our delicious desserts.

Rettew's made our wedding seamless and were so incredibly attentive during the wedding to make sure my husband and I always had a drink, food, or if we needed anything. We felt so relaxed knowing we had such a professional team running the show!
  • Kathryn
    Kathryn L. Married on 10/10/2020

Worth Every Penny!

If your budget allows, do not hesitate to book Rettew's! The food, from cocktail hour, to dinner, to dessert is absolutely out of this world and our guests could not stop raving about it. Everything was incredible, and we heard very positive reviews about each menu option (beef, chicken, vegetarian) during the dinner and all of our hor d'oeuvres during cocktail hour, including the tomato soup and grilled cheese crouton that added some whimsy to our fall menu. We also had Rettew's provide our cake and a dessert display that our guests were very excited about. The service during cocktail hour and the reception was fantastic, the bartenders were on top of everything and never left anyone waiting, and set-up/clean-up was handled quickly. We are so happy we chose Rettew's, and you will be too!
    Jill C. Married on 09/19/2020

Simply the Best

From our first contact, Michelle "heard" what we wanted for our celebration. Stations, no assigned seating, some round tables, some high tops. No place settings. We wanted our celebration to match the couple: an American woman and a Spanish man. We wnated both cultures represented and food to accommodate everyone (including vegan). The team did a spectacular job! It could not have been better! It is hard to write a review of perfection!! Servers were professional, bartenders AWESOME, and Michelle there every step of the way...I could never had anticipated such perfection! Simply the best!
  • Erin
    Erin B. Married on 09/12/2020

Amazing Food!

I got so many compliments on how great the food was from all of my guests! I ate everything that came out and it was so delicious. They were willing to answer all of my questions up to the day.
  • Ethan
    Ethan Married on 08/23/2020

Highly Recommended!

The entire Rettew’s team was incredible to work with. Michelle answered a million questions, and was very patient with us through our many menu iterations. The staff onsite for the event were wonderful, and the food was all incredible. If only wedding doggy bags were a thing lol. Thank you all!
    Lindsay W. Married on 11/15/2019

Delicious!

Rettews was the absolute best choice for a wedding caterer we could have made! My husband is a chef so food was very important to us. I emailed Rettews and Michelle was AMAZING. Within days she had sent me a sample menu and the amount of food you get for the price is unreal! Our guests raved about the food all night long and I'm still getting compliments on it. Absolutely delicious.

Michelle G was the sweetest and responded to my millions of emails with professionalism and respect. She was so kind and informative. Always wanted to help and accommodate. PICK RETTEWS!!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Married on 11/09/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Professional, Delicious, and a Pleasure to work with!

My husband and I worked closely with Kristen to coordinate the perfect dining and drinking experience for our autumn wedding. The staff was courteous throughout the planning phase and worked out changes to the menu within weeks of the wedding without any issues. They also helped make special meals for allergy intolerant guests. We highly recommend taking advantage of one of their tasting events, too. Many of our final menu options came from this event. Everything was delicious! A++
    Holly Married on 09/28/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Spectacular wedding catering company!

We had a flawless experience with Rettews Catering! Michelle answered every question in a timely fashion, was incredibly thorough each time we spoke, offered amazing advice and made everything we asked for happen without hesitation. Not to mention the food... we got compliments for weeks after our wedding! The complimentary food tasting blew us away, and at that point we knew we'd made the right decision. It was all absolute perfection and we are so grateful for our amazing experience with them. You won't go wrong with Rettews!
  • Morgan
    Morgan Married on 09/14/2019

Highly Recommend

WOW. Where do I even begin with Rettew’s? If they are not on your list, YOU MUST ADD THEM! From beginning to end Rettew’s was so easy to work with.My husband and I attended a tasting that they hosted and we knew right away that we had to have them at our wedding. All of the food was amazing. Rettew’s provided everything from table linens to bartenders. They took care of a majority of the clean up and everything went so smoothly. Michelle was our contact throughout the whole process and she was quick to answer every question we had. On the day of, the staff was on top of everything. They were constantly checking in on my husband and I, making sure we had food and drinks the whole night. They served us and the bridal party before the guests were able to get up and get food. This was really great because we were able to finish eating before having to mingle with all of our guests. My husband and I didn’t do a first look, so we completely missed our cocktail hour (this was planned). Once we got to our table the staff at Rettew’s made sure we had a plate of everything that was at cocktail hour. From food to service Rettew’s was excellent. We highly recommend them to anyone on the hunt for a caterer.
  • Erica
    Erica Married on 09/07/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Food that is to die for!

We first heard about Rettew's Catering through our venue. We wanted to customize our menu to food that we love, such has pizza and tacos! Rettew's was able to do that for us for cocktail hour and then include more of our favorites for dinner. We first spoke with Michelle who gave us details about their services and then invited us to a group tasting. The group tasting was something I loved about Rettew's as well. We were able to taste a wide variety of food and desserts before making a definite decision on booking with them. Everyone at the event was so friendly and it actually helped us narrow down selections for food a lot more. Leading up to our wedding day Michelle and Kristen were super helpful and eased our mind with making sure everything would run smoothly and quickly so that we could enjoy our time on the dance floor. The actual day of our wedding was absolutely everything I could dream of and so much more. The food was perfect, the service was perfect, everything ran smoothly, and the staff was just so friendly. Rettew's even sent over a tray of food for my husband and I while we were getting photos done during cocktail hour, as well as drinks from the bar. Something that also stuck with me was that the one bartender came over to introduce himself after the wedding since I did not make it up there a single time to get myself a drink, people were just doing that for me, but I thought that was very sweet of him to go out of his way to introduce himself and congratulate me. All of Rettew's staff is so friendly and amazing, they are sure to make your wedding day perfect! From the food, to the drinks, to the cake, everything was simply amazing. You cannot go wrong with Rettew's.
  • Scott
    Scott Married on 08/10/2019

So delicious!

Rettew's is a great company. Each employee really takes ownership and pride in the catering experience. Upon trying the food, we knew we had to pick Rettew's. All of our friends and family wiped their plates clean. From the cocktail hour, to the salad, dinner, and dessert, we were extremely happy. They accommodated many different dietary restrictions with ease. They were extremely accessible and responsive to questions, concerns, and needs. Kristen was amazing to work with- she was on top of every detail and really made the whole day perfect.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Married on 07/02/2019

Everything was amazing!

Rettew's food was amazing. We had a larger wedding and they handled it with no problems. Everyone was super friendly and helpful! They made sure the bride and groom got to try everything! The food was delicious and the guest cannot stop talking about all the food at the wedding!
  • Lynn
    Lynn H. Married on 06/24/2019

“Married & Mimosas”

Rettew’s catering did an exceptional job from helping me plan the menu and preparing a high quality delicious brunch with an omelette station, potatoes, bacon, sausage and outstanding French toast soufflé. The staff arrived promptly and were extremely helpful, friendly and competently handled every detail allowing me to enjoy the event completely. I will highly recommend and look forward to working with you on a future event.
  • Caitlin
    Caitlin Married on 06/01/2019

Delicious Food & Fantastic Service

One of the things we wanted to make sure we had was amazing food at our wedding! Rettew's Catering delivered!! After going to a tasting, we knew that Rettew's was going to be our caterer. They had so many options to fit our wants and needs. On our wedding day, Rettew's was wonderful to work with and the food and service was fantastic! They went above and beyond; from providing a plate of snacks for my bridesmaids and I before the ceremony, to the cocktail hour and reception, even giving the bride and groom plates of food to take back to the hotel with us! We mostly worked with Michelle after having to postpone due to COVID. She was wonderful, quick to respond to emails, and listened to everything we wanted. She was also there the day of our wedding to make sure everything ran smooth. You will not be disappointed when you hire Rettew's Catering!
illustration stars