Retiro Photography Reviews

Retiro Photography 5
  • Kristen

Kristen Schulte · Married on 03/12/2019

Beautiful. Easy.

Retiro Photography promised me that they would be my "easiest vendor to work with", and they certainly stayed true to that promise. My wedding was in a new location for them, and it poured rain all day, which meant some of our plans for outdoor photographs were derailed. Mark easily and seamlessly improvised, and if he was at all stressed by what the location and mother nature threw at him (though he is so experienced that I doubt he was), he was incredibly professional to make sure that any stress did not reflect on me. Retiro Photography captured my wedding beautifully: I have so many portraits and candid moments to remember it by. What's more? Our photos are not just beautiful but reflect us as a couple because Mark really got to know us as a couple beforehand, and worked hard to get to know all the "important people" the day of. Retiro photography was one of the best investments I made for my wedding, so much so that I would have paid double for the service and quality of the end product. Many of my unmarried guests wanted Retiro Photography's contact information after viewing my wedding photos, and others expressed that they wish they would have known about Retiro Photography before they got married. I recommend them to everyone I can!

Retiro Photography 6
    Retiro Photography 12
    Sent on 06/06/2019
  • McKenzie

McKenzie · Married on 03/02/2019

Mark was a JOY to work with. Before we even arrived for the photo session, Mark was scouting the property for the perfect spots to shoot our engagement photos. He was fun and professional. I loved his creative ideas and that he was so open to some of my picture requests. We have a newborn, and he was patient and kind when incorporating her into our photos. These are pictures that I will cherish for the rest of my life! Mark - you are officially my go-to photographer!

Retiro Photography 13
    Retiro Photography 14
    Retiro Photography 15
    Sent on 12/11/2017

Andrea · Married on 11/17/2018

Mark was absolutely wonderful! He was the photographer for both my and my sister's weddings over past 6 months, and was always professional, fun, and absolutely tireless amidst the long, busy days. He moved to Chicago after we had contracted with him, and he still made trips back to Cincinnati to beautifully capture every moment of our engagement session and wedding day. Highly recommend!! Thanks Mark!

Retiro Photography 16
    Retiro Photography 17
    Retiro Photography 18
    Retiro Photography 19
    Sent on 06/07/2018

Skye · Married on 11/10/2018

My fiancé and I loved working with Retiro Photography and our photographer Mark! Retiro Photograpy went out of their way to accommodate our insanely hectic schedule so that we could get exactly what we wanted out of our engagement photo session. The photographer created a relaxed environment so my fiancé and I could relax and be ourselves during the session and was also really focused on what style of photos we liked best! It has been a pleasure working with Retiro Photography and we look forward to working with them again for our big day next year!

Retiro Photography 20
    Retiro Photography 21
    Sent on 12/04/2017

David Frey · Married on 11/03/2018

Professional, Fun, and Flexible!

Retiro Photography did an outstanding job capturing our wedding. Mark has the unique ability to get down to business, but still relax, and make picture taking an enjoyable experience. From formal shots to fun candid pictures Mark does it all. Mark is also able to adapt on the fly when the timeline is suddenly changed. We used Retiro photography for our engagement photos as well. We recommend Retiro Photography to anyone seeking an exceptional formal photographer. Thank you for everything Mark!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Elisabeth · Married on 07/28/2018

Mark was wonderful! Due to our tight schedule, we ended up having our outdoor photo shoot on the coldest day of 2017 in Chicago. With a great sense of humor, easy going personality and adventurous spirit, Mark created a gorgeous set of engagement photos for us at not one but four different locations. He made our visions a reality and has given us incredible photos that we will always cherish! Don't hesitate to hire Retiro Photography for any of your photography needs.

Sent on 01/04/2018

Kelsi · Married on 04/14/2018

Mark was an amazing photographer. We booked him for our engagement photos, and we had such a great time with him and are extremely impressed with the photos he has sent us. He had an amazingly fast turnaround time for some sample photos with just a 2 day wait from our shoot. For the rest of the photos it only took him a couple of weeks!
    His work with lighting was spectacular, and he really made my fiancé and I enjoy the whole experience. We would highly recommend him to anyone wanting any photos taken, whether engagement, wedding, or even just portraits.

Sent on 05/15/2017

Traci · Married on 12/23/2017

Mark was great! He really makes you feel comfortable when doing the shoot and he was so flexible! At the last minute we decided we would be more comfortable if we had our two dogs during our engagement shoot and he was so great about it! He was so great with the dogs and didn't let it disrupt our shoot at all, even when the dogs were acting, well, like dogs. Within a week we had some proofs so we can do our Christmas cards while waiting on the rest. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 12/04/2016

Erica · Married on 11/17/2017

I highly recommend Retiro Photography! Mark has a great eye and made me and my fiance feel very comfortable. He was flexible with what we wanted and had some great ideas of poses and places to go. We are very much looking forward to continuing working with him at our wedding!

Sent on 05/17/2017

Katelyn · Married on 09/30/2017

Mark did our engagement photos and they turned out great! He was very kind and made our experience unforgettable. It was very affordable and he came to the place I wanted the photos to be done, which was a far trip from Cincinnati. Our pictures came back soon and they turned out excellent, me and my fiance are more then happy with what we received!

Sent on 12/05/2016

catherine · Married on 09/06/2017

Working with Mark was awesome! He did our engagment and our wedding photos and we couldnt be more pleased with how they turned out. He really captured the night and we couldnt be more thrilled to have such amazing photos that we get to look back on for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 01/16/2018

Tori · Married on 07/08/2017

Mark was fantastic. Such a lovely person to be around, and the finished product was incredible. Very understanding and easy to work with. You thoroughly enjoy having him take pictures, as well as be a guest at your wedding! When planning a wedding there are many stressors, and hiring Mark to be your photographer takes that piece of the process completely off of your plate. Cannot over emphasize how much we enjoyed getting to know Mark, working with him, and receiving the flawless final product.

Sent on 08/07/2018

Brian · Married on 06/10/2017

I would definitely recommend Retiro Photography to any of my friends/family in need of a wedding photographer. Mark was so easy to work with and flexible with us. He was willing to get up at the crack of dawn on a Sunday morning for this photoshoot, and I believe the quality of the pictures just speak for themselves. The sunrise pictures were totally worth the early rise!

Sent on 11/17/2016

Rachel · Married on 06/10/2017

I'd give Retiro Photography a definite 5/5 rating. The above qualities are only a few that describe our experience with this vendor. This was one area I was never truly stressed about when planning our wedding because the photographer was easy to communicate with, he was extremely organized and professional, and he was always a step ahead of us when planning the details of our photos for our engagement session and for our wedding day. The quality of the photos is unbelievable. I've already printed some photos our to hang on our wall and to give to family members and we cannot be any happier. The value of our whole experience is one we will never forget. I'm happy to know that he will be shooting for one of my best friends wedding next spring!

Sent on 07/25/2017

Brooke · Married on 10/23/2016

Mark was so fun to work with & made us feel very comfortable. I'm not one to like getting my picture taken, but he made me feel beautiful! HIGHLY recommend!

Retiro Photography 22
    Retiro Photography 30
    Retiro Photography 31
    Sent on 10/15/2017

Erica · Married on 07/16/2016

Mark was so fun to work with and seemed to capture all of the best natural moments! He took our most popular wedding photo, and from what I’ve seen, he seems to always capture that one breathtaking photo at every wedding he photographs - and more! We had no idea what we wanted for our engagement pictures, and Mark took the lead and came up with great ideas for locations and poses that really showcased our personalities. We even had a unique photo shoot on the OSU track which it was so fun! We used his photos for our Save the Dates, our photo gallery on our wedding website, and as a part of our wedding guest book! I truly recommend him as a friendly and talented photographer for all of your wedding needs :)

Sent on 10/11/2016

liron · Married on 09/06/2013

Mark did an incredible job as the photographer for our wedding! He was very professional but also funny and easygoing both during the engagement shoot and the wedding. I LOVE the pictures he took - they captured our Catamaran wedding in San Diego perfectly! Half a year later, we're still getting tons of compliments over our pictures and have recommended him to all of our friends :)

Retiro Photography 32
    Retiro Photography 37
    Sent on 03/26/2018

Maria · Married on 09/01/2018

Amazing photographer

We had the best experience with Mark for our wedding. He was very flexible and helpful. He was honest about everything and gave great advice. Day of he was fun and it was awesome watching how he worked with a camera. He was friendly and was able to capture our personalities. Our pictures for our engagement shoot and wedding day were absolutely stunning. We could not have picked a better photographer to work with. We would highly recommend him!

Retiro Photography 38