Renee Austin Wedding Reviews

Renee Austin Wedding 2
Renee Austin Wedding 3
Renee Austin Wedding 4
Renee Austin Wedding 5

Everything with Renee Austin was amazing, the staff is so helpful. I originally bought a dress, that ended up being way under my max budget that was beautiful, I then found out a few weeks later that I was pregnant. We decided to move our wedding up & the staff was very helpful and so caring about helping me find a NEW dress that I would be comfortable in and fit my growing belly. Every aspect of working with them was wonderful. They make you feel like a princess from start to finish.

Sent on 12/19/2014

After being quite upset not being able to find a wedding dress that was "me", we headed to Renee Austin and had an amazing experience! Not only is the staff extremely friendly and helpful but the dress selection is top notch, not to mention the dresses fall within a very affordable price range. The feel of the store was perfect and I felt like I received the true and best wedding dress shopping experience there. I recommend Renee Austin to all of my newly engaged friends and would suggest it to anyone. It's perfect!

Sent on 05/27/2015

Amazing customer service! Not open Mondays but let me make an appointment Monday evening and had a staff member come in on their day off to help. So impressed!

Sent on 09/18/2014

Jessica · Married on 10/04/2014

I loved this shop! I worked with Emily and she did amazing when finding me exactly what I wanted in my budget. I was so happy with my 6 dresses and done service me returned the next day and found my bridemaids dresses.

Sent on 10/20/2014

Everyone we worked with at Renee Austin was wonderful to work with. they were so friendly and very knowledgeable. The dress was amazing.

Sent on 03/28/2014

Andrea · Married on 06/08/2014

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this vendor! After finding my wedding dress at another vendor and recieving the best and most personalized care I could have asked for, I wanted to find the same level of service for my bridesmaids to have an equally special experience. However, I was dissappointed time and again as many bridesmaid shops offered little or no assistance in the shopping and fitting process. I was so overjoyed when I finally found Renee Austin Wedding and my bridesmaids received the care they deserved!

When we arrived, we were the only customers at Renee Austin Wedding. We therefore had an employee to ourselves, who was a great help in picking out dresses we may like to try on, and telling us about the different alterations and colors that were possible for the dresses that were on display. Just like as when I tried on wedding dresses, but unlike the other bridesmaid shops we visited, the employee at Renee Austin Wedding helped my bridesmaids envision themselves in each dress by properly gathering the dress in the back when to large, or explaining to them how a size, down, or alterations could help tailer the fit of the dress for them.

Besides this, the displays and ambience at Renee Austin Wedding was incomparable to the other dress shops, and they offered many dresses I hadn't seen anywhere else. Renee Austin made me want to buy dresses from them to reward them for their service--so I did--and they're amazingly beautiful too.

Sent on 04/22/2014

Julie · Married on 05/31/2014

Everyone working there was amazing. I had been to three other places the day I came in to look for my wedding dress and was very turned off by most of the service I received. The moment I walked into renee austin I was greated by Jenna and after asking me what I wanted pulled a few dresses (all of which I liked better than anything else I had tried on)! I would never have chosen "my" dress from the rack but the moment I tried it on I felt like a bride and new it would be the one! Thank you all so much! Everyone including Litsa was absolutely amazing and made my day perfect!

Sent on 07/16/2014

Nicole · Married on 04/12/2014

I have nothing but good things to say about Renee Austin Wedding! When I went to try on dresses, Emily wasn't pushy and didn't try to pressure me in to picking something like they do at some other bridal salons. We ordered the bridesmaids' dresses from there too and they gave us a discount on them. Litsa the seamstress did a great job with my alterations. When my veil got ruined 4 weeks before the wedding, the girls at Renee Austin got me another one right away and even gave me 10% off of the new one. Highly recommend Renee Austin!!

Sent on 04/24/2014

Emily · Married on 11/09/2013

Wedding gown shopping is one of the most memorable moments throughout the whole wedding process and I'm so glad that I chose Renee Austin Wedding for mine! It was my first and only stop. Maggie and the whole team are so friendly and during an intimate appointment with my mom and soon-to-be mother-in-law, we found the perfect dress! I highly recommend starting your dress search at Renee Austin Wedding- there may be bigger stores out there, but for me, it was important that I had a personal experience and I didn't want to get overwhelmed by too many options that may not even be in style. Maggie hands selects the best of the best so you can be assured you are trying the most beautiful dresses and won't have to "dig" through a bunch of racks to find styles you love. I ended up with a dress I adored and received so many compliments from guests saying it was the most beautiful dress they've seen- it was a Casablanca from the latest collection! They also carry beautiful accessories. I forgot to order the faux-fur shawl and the lovely ladies ended up rush ordering one for me just in case I wanted it (thankfully they did- it was a life-saver for our November wedding and a gorgeous prop in photos). I also picked up an amazing dress for my bachelorette party and my mother-in-law bought the absolute best MIL dress I've ever seen! Thanks to Maggie and the whole team at Renee Austin!

Sent on 12/04/2013

Meaghan · Married on 10/12/2013

Emily at Renee Austin Wedding was so fantastic to work with! I came into the store with my bridesmaids, mother, and mother in law, not sure what to expect. We found a small, unique, and super cute store...It was the perfect amount of selection of dresses - nothing too overwhelming like some of the wedding dress stores. We were so pleased with our service at Renee Austin, and especially Emily. She helped me to find a really fantastic dress, which was nothing that I had envisioned myself wearing, but it was so incredibly perfect. We added a belt that really made the dress complete, and it was so perfect. The dress came in during April (I ordered it mid-January) and they held it at the store for me until I was ready to have my alterations done in August. They recommended a fantastic seamstress (Litsa Nelson) who was very easy to work with and was very professional and detail oriented. Overall, we had a really positive experience with Renee Austin Wedding, and I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/06/2013

Amanda · Married on 04/13/2013

I loved my dress! Everyone's opinions were very helpful! Couldn't be happier! My dress was perfect for my small beach wedding and got here in perfect timing!

Sent on 05/15/2013

Emily · Married on 08/10/2012

My mom and I visited Renee Austin during my short and appointment-packed visit last weekend, and I can definitely say that it was the most relaxing, fun and reasonably priced two hours of the whole weekend. It was my first appointment (with the exception of a trip to j.Crew bridal in DC), so I had no idea what I was looking for. Jana and Emily did a fantastic job of helping me choose a huge selection of dresses to try, and even pulled "the one" for me! I never would have dreamed of trying the dress on, but it was absolutely perfect. After visiting a few other salons since (and being very disappointed) I'll lay out the reasons Renee Austin is above and beyond:
    1. There is little to no mark-up on the dresses. Price was exactly the same as listed on "style me pretty". I tried on the same dress in DC and there was a $200 markup from their price. I was shocked and appalled.
    2. Jana and Emily know how to clip the dresses so that they stayed up and on, giving you an extremely realistic idea of what the dress will look like once it is tailored. No other place I went was able to achieve this, in DC or MI. Knowing what the dress will "feel" like is important, and twirling was a very big part of my dress experience, something I couldn't do without clips flying everywhere at other places.
    3. Jana and Emily were not afraid to crawl around on the floor, yank at tulle, whatever it took to get the dress looking like I wanted it. This is not what I got other places.
    4. Jana and Emily did not over-react to every dress I put on. They waited for and made comments based on my reactions. Jana especially did a great job of helping me pick out the strengths and weaknesses of each gown without once uttering a fake "OH MY GOD, IT'S PEEEEERRRRRFECT!" They let me decide that on my own.
    5. The answer to every single one of my concerns was both honest and exactly what I needed to hear. Jana followed up with a phone call offering to help with anything I needed without pressuring me about timing. Every other place tried to convince me that I needed to order TODAY if I wanted to get my dress on time. I didn't hear a word of that crap at Renee Austin, they gave me all the time I needed.

In conclusion, I couldn't be happier that I went to Renee Austin, and I would recommend that everyone give them a try. It's the dress shopping experience that every bride deserves.

Sent on 02/03/2012

Renee Austin's was a fabulous place to go searching for my wedding dress. having made my first appointment there, it ended up being the one and only place I had to look. With this appointment, the consultant's attention is focused on you and you alone. They listen to not only the style you want to see yourself in, but they also listen to the budget you are trying to keep. They have a great area to try dresses on in and it feels like a couture wedding dress boutique. Thanks to these key details, I found the dress that made me feel like a true bride for my big day and it took less than 2 hours and a confident "yes!"

Sent on 08/15/2012

Jenna · Married on 01/21/2012

I worked with a few different girls throughout the process of finding/trying on/picking up my dress but mostly I worked with Maggie, and she and her staff were wonderful. They were genuinely kind and helpful and they have some wonderful designs. My dress was actually one I chose ahead of time from a designer they carried and it was the FIRST one I tried on. I tried a few more but it was perfect. I was almost sad that I couldn't keep looking! Haha. Anyway, Maggie and the other girls were very helpful with everything (even a little snafu I had with the seamstress outside of their shop) and I would and will always recommend them! Thanks ladies!

Sent on 07/01/2013
  • Kaiti

Kaiti · Married on 10/08/2011

Maggie and the rest of her staff are the best! They were amazing at taking my ideas and selecting dresses that corresponded. They have a wonderful selection of wedding gowns, bridesmaids dresses, flowergirl dresses and accessories!

Sent on 11/01/2011
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 09/04/2011

I had a wonderful experience at Renee Austin Wedding in Grand Rapids MI. The consultant, Maggie, was able to find the perfect dress for me. She picked out a dress that I probably wouldn't have found myself and she knew right away that I would love it. I also bought a second short dress for a more casual wedding reception that we had for my fiance's family who weren't able to attend our wedding in Boston. The second dress I bought was perfect! The consultants brought out some beautiful belts to jazz it up. I would HIGHLY recommend this bridal shop to any bride looking for quality designer dresses for a good price.

Sent on 10/05/2011

Megan · Married on 08/20/2011

I am so happy I got my dress at Renee Austins! The owner Maggie is just the nicest person, and she is so amazing at what she does. I had scheduled my day to go in to try on dresses, but Maggie told me they were having an Angelique trunk show the week before. So I went with my bridesmaids, and My dress was the second one I tried on. It was the most beautiful dress ever. Renee Austin's is such a cute store, and they have everything you need. Shoes, veils, bridesmaid dresses and so much more.

Sent on 09/13/2011

Sara · Married on 08/13/2011

The girls at Renee Austin know exactly what dress you will look the best in. The shop design is so upscale and luxurious. The girls are very nice and professional. The dresses they have for sale are to die for. They also have everything else you could possibly need for your big day. The wedding dress I got there along with MOB, MOH, Mother in law dress were all at other boutiques in Grand Rapids area and Renee Austin sold them for MUCH cheaper.

Sent on 01/15/2012

Moira · Married on 03/21/2011

Maggie is fabulous! I had such a terrible experience with another salon, and Maggie saved my special day. I found a beautiful dress for myself, my bridesmaids and my mother! Thank you!

Sent on 04/09/2011

Anna · Married on 08/07/2010

When it came time to buy my wedding dress I was living in Colorado. My wedding was going to take place in Wisconsin and I was having a hard time deciding what state to buy my dress. Finally I decided to do it in Grand Rapids, MI where my parents lived. I found Renee Austin's and fell in love with their website. When my Mom and I went in for our appointment, we were the only customers in the store and were treated very well. Maggie worked with us and helped me decide on my dress, veil, jewelry, and other accessories. She was so helpful and professional. She also helped us pick the bridesmaids dresses and mother of the bride dress. They even provided us with coffee, wine, water, and other drinks. Even when I came back for my final fitting they fit me in on short notice. There alterations person was also very affordable and professional. I would recommend this salon to anyone who is looking for a wedding dress and wants great customer service at an affordable price.

Sent on 08/11/2010

Connie · Married on 11/04/2017

As a non-traditional bride, I chose not to wear a big white gown on my wedding day. The ladies that I worked with were lovely, and excited to help me find the perfect dress. I still felt and looked like a beautiful bride, while sticking true to myself. Thanks for all of your help!

Sent on 11/16/2017
  • Drenttobe

Ashley · Married on 08/26/2017

I loved my experience here! Sadly, I already had my gown (although I kind of wish I had an appointment here) and found several of my bridesmaids dresses here. I can't wait for the vision to come together! Everyone was so helpful!

Sent on 03/21/2017
  • BrideMeg

Megan · Married on 09/10/2016

Though I did not end up buying my dress from Renee Austin, this was the best dress shopping experience that I have ever had! The staff made me feel like such a princess when I tried on dresses! The girls that work there are so nice and easy going! I loved that they really listened to what I was looking for and did not try to pressure me into buying a dress that I wasn't 100% in love with. I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 03/01/2016

Anne & Michael · Married on 08/13/2016

I would highly recommend them for all of your wedding dress needs! I got my dress, veil & accessories here...I worked with Erin!

Sent on 08/27/2016

Amanda · Married on 05/28/2016

From the moment I walked into Renee Austin, I felt so comfortable! The staff was friendly, professional, and most importantly, they listened to what I wanted. I never once felt pressured. With Maggie's help, I found my dream dress!! Highly recommended to any bride!

Sent on 10/14/2015