Renaissance Philadelphia Downtown Hotel Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Rachel
    Rachel Married on 04/16/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best Philly wedding block hotel!

We used the Renaissance for our wedding block which had to be rescheduled twice due to the pandemic. Samantha Serenkin was beyond helpful and so responsive throughout our planning period. Everyone who works at the Renaissance was incredibly friendly and helpful throughout the weekend, from the management team we interacted with to every front desk person, valet and housekeeping staff member. Samantha also made catering a breeze for our bridal party the morning of the wedding, our after party in the hotel lobby and our farewell continental breakfast. The hotel is in a perfect location for out of town guests as well to get to explore Philly. If you are looking for a center city room block, look no further!
  • Rachel
    Rachel C. Married on 04/16/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The perfect Philly wedding block hotel

• Emily
    Emily K. Married on 01/16/2022

An amazing Philadelphia wedding

Sam and the whole Renaissance team are the BEST. They were incredibly flexible when we had to postpone twice due to Covid, and in the lead up to the big day Sam responded to all of my emails quickly and kept everything super organized. During the wedding weekend she coordinated with our vendors, which allowed me to really enjoy everything without worrying about all of the little details. The food and drinks were delicious, and the penthouse suite was amazing for getting ready and having a “home base” for our family and wedding party all weekend. We also were able to do photos across the street in Independence National Historical Park and in the funky lobby bar when it got too cold outside. Highly, highly recommend the Renaissance for anyone getting married in Philly!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Lindsay Married on 12/18/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best venue for a wedding in Philadelphia

Our wedding was 12/18/2021 and it was everything we could have hoped for and more! Words cannot describe how amazing, accommodating, and professional the event coordinator, Samantha S, truly is. She answers emails to extremely quickly and goes out of her way to make sure the Renaissance is exactly what you envision for your event. The rest of the staff was extremely professional and kind as well. Best decision we made was to have our wedding at the Renaissance!
  • K Corrao
    K Corrao Married on 08/07/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Samantha Serenkin is AWESOME!

Samantha Serenkin is absolutely amazing! She helped organize our wedding hotel block, gift bags, morning after breakfast, and more. She went over and above checking in, responding to emails, keeping me updated, and offering advice any time of the day. I felt so secure in her hands and it made the process so enjoyable because I knew I could rely on her. It made a huge difference not having to worry how our guests would be treated. She took care of everything! If you are looking for an awesome person to work with, work with Samantha! She will help make all your wedding dreams come true!
  • Ellen
    Ellen P. Married on 07/24/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Guests Comment its the Best Wedding Ever!

On July 24, 2021 we got married at the Renaissance Philadelphia Downtown Hotel and it will be a day we will always remember! Samantha Serenkin and her staff are very professional, courteous, and very attentive to every detail!!! If we could give them ten stars we would! We highly recommend the Renaissance Philadelphia Downtown Hotel if you are looking to have the perfect wedding! Our guests have commented on how wonderful the venue looked, to how delicious the food was prepared. It has been said that it was the best wedding ever!! Thank you to Samantha, Edmund and the staff that made our day a once in a lifetime dream come true!!!!!!
    Jessica R. Married on 06/06/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Excellent, attentive, and exceeded expectations

Samantha Serekin is THE best! She is so attentive, friendly, and exceeds all of your expectations. My husband and I worked with her to secure our wedding room block. She worked with us for a while, as we had to reschedule our wedding due to the pandemic. She responds to all of your emails promptly, and is always happy to jump on a call if need be. I would highly recommend her for your wedding planning needs. Her and her staff ensured all of our needs were met prior to our arrival. I'm sad to not be working with her directly anymore, but I really hope I have the opportunity to work with her in the future. Thank you over and over! You made our wedding process that much easier!
  • Pete
    Pete Married on 03/28/2020

Incredibly helpful

My Fiance and I met with Samantha who is the head coordinator for their hotel. She was nothing but cheerful and helpful. She addressed every question and gave us a clear picture on how our day will go. She answers all my emails with a timely manner and no matter how off the wall she is ready to answer.
    Christine Married on 11/03/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best wedding (& venue) ever!

I cannot stress enough how perfect our wedding was at the Renaissance. From the moment we booked the site a year and a half ago, it was smooth sailing on their part. I could write an entire review just on Sam, but I'll stick to just a few points -- she was there to respond in less than a day to any silly question I had, and we loved her so much at first meeting that we didn't have any reservations about choosing this venue. On the day of, Sam was ready to handle any issue that came our way and was there with a drink for me when she sensed me get stressed. I can't imagine the day without her and the rest of the staff at the Renaissance. Them, the food, the atmosphere -- everything was perfect. We can't think of a single thing we wished had gone differently or better. Thank you for the best wedding!
  • Susie
    Susie K. Married on 11/02/2019

Modern Historic Spot

We had Samantha helping us coordinate room block and post-wedding day brunch on the property. We loved the décor of the hotel – historic with a modern twist. Modern boutique hotel with a very convenient location with a great view of Old City. The brunch was great and the service was outstanding!
  • Megan
    Megan Married on 10/25/2019

Perfect Wedding

My husband and I just got married at The Renaissance. We had a stress free and easy planning experience with the wedding coordinator Samantha. She was very responsive, knowledgeable and friendly! She gave us lot of advice and made sure we had all of our boxes checked. With your wedding you also get to stay in the pent house suit which was so fun to get ready in. We rented the room for the night before too and had the hair and makeup stylists come to the room which I highly recommend! Our wedding went without any issues. We had the best time and couldn’t of asked for anything less!
  • BriAnna
    Brianna Married on 10/04/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Stress free experience thanks to Sam!

Our wedding at the Renaissance Hotel was beyond anything we could’ve imagined. We decided to have a small, intimate wedding and kept having a hard time finding a venue that wasn’t a restaurant. After speaking with Sam and doing our first visit, we knew we wanted to get married here. Sam was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. The entire experience from start to finish was great! We couldn’t be happier with how our special day went and how beautiful everything was.

I would highly recommend the Renaissance Hotel for any wedding. The area is beautiful and historic. The hotel felt new and updated. Everyone told me how much they loved the food, without me even asking! Wonderful experience!
    Meeri Married on 09/29/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

An amazing, high-quality, stress-free wedding with Samantha and the Renaissance!

Originally, I didn't want to have a wedding at a hotel because I was worried it would lack personality and character. However, from the very first meeting with Samantha, who is the Renaissance's dedicated wedding planner, my now-husband and I (and even his parents!) knew that this was the venue for us. She was incredibly organized and detail-oriented -- so much so that she answered our questions before we could even ask them! The space itself is great for a smaller wedding. Our was around 80 people in the end. They take care of almost everything for you, except the DJ and flowers. The Sunday wedding package was an incredible deal that included a plated meal, wine service, dance floor, open bar, tables & their settings, floating votive candles, and even the cake itself! Our cake was delicious, from Bredenbeck's Bakery in Chestnut Hill, and it was decorated exactly how we envisioned it. But of course, Samantha was really the highlight of the whole thing, since she basically is a built-in wedding planner and day-of coordinator that helps you with the ceremony, timing, menu, etc. We also no longer lived in Philly during the whole planning process, so we couldn't be very hands-on. I highly, highly recommend the Renaissance in Old City for anyone getting married in the Philly area who wants a stress-free wedding!
  • Beth
    Beth Married on 10/12/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Awesome venue and awesome service!

The Renaissance Hotel was a perfect place to have a Philadelphia Fall wedding. Me
    and my husband were so in love with the venue from having the penthouse, which was gorgeous, to the staff being so prompt and accommodating.
    Samantha Serenkin was an amazing wedding coordinator. I have never met such an organized and positive person! She was amazing, so prompt, and so professional! She would answer me with an email or question so quick and would handle any situation that was thrown her way. Planning can be very stressful but she was always able to put me at ease. Collin was also so helpful dealing with the reception and helping me out through the night. It was overall an amazing experience and we are so happy that we chose The Renissance Hotel as our venue.
    Jim P. Married on 10/07/2018

Wedding Vendor (DJ) Very Impressed

I have been DJing at different venues in and around Philadelphia for the past 10 years, and I have to say that from the start of the ceremony until the last dance, this staff was awesome. I DJed a Sunday wedding here on 10-7-18, and literally felt like I was stealing money since my clients and the staff here were awesome. The food was excellent as well. I was the Vendor and they made me feel like a VIP. They even comped valet parking for me. I know my newlyweds could not stop raving about this place either. From the servers, the bartender Dwight, Manager Colin, and Floor Manager Ken, thank you all for going above and beyond. We made a great team that night. DJ Jim P.
    Jennie Married on 04/08/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My partner and I did not have a lot of time to plan the perfect wedding. In fact we only had about four months! We searched for about three weeks until we came across, at the time, The Franklin Hotel. We took a leap of faith considering it was undergoing renovations. All we had were pictures of what it was going to look like and the word of the staff to go by, but I must say it was the most magical and satisfying leap my partner and I ever took. Samantha Serenkin was literally a God send and I would recommend her any day of the week to coordinate anyone's wedding. From the start she was impressive. She is timely, genuine and extremely knowledgably! The food and beverage staff were absolutely amazing as well and their manager is an all-star. Everyone here made ourselves and our family have the best day of our lives. You don't want to book your wedding anywhere else!
    Maryann Married on 09/09/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    This hotel was under construction at the time of our wedding and the hotel did everything possible to make our stay so comfortable. They truly were an awesome group and catered to our needs. We were so pleased!
  • Megan
    Megan Married on 10/15/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We met with Jessie at The Franklin Hotel (formerly the Omni Hotel) and she was nothing but pleasant and professional. We decided to book our reception there because their packages included everything we needed for our special day. We really liked the location of the hotel (less than 2 blocks from Independence Hall) and the quaint atmosphere it provides. They also don't require a minimum number of guests, which we really liked. Their prices were also very reasonable. I can't wait to have our reception at The Franklin Hotel.
    Sofia Married on 07/30/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    If I could have my wedding reception all over again at the Franklin Hotel I would do it in a heart beat. When I first toured the venue it was gorgeous and it had everything already set up for a wedding later that day. If your looking for a venue in the perfect location in Philadelphia (liberty bell,beer gardens....and a lot more all in walking distance) and it really didn't need much decor to create a theme because the whole hotel is very beautiful in itself and his a very elegant classy theme.

Our events coordinator was Chris Laufer and later we were introduced to Colin Harvey who were our events coordinators. They were both very professional and did a phenomenal job taking care of our wedding events and guests. From the moment we stepped into the hotel Chris came directly to us to make sure we were okay and offered to bring champagne to our penthouse immediately. Also, our guest can't stop talking about how wonderful the staff was at the hotel.

Thank you and we would highly recommend this hotel for you special day!!!
    Theresa Married on 05/09/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had our wedding reception here and we loved it!! We had to transition coordinators in the middle of planning... Jessie is amazing! She answered every one of my million questions and concerns. The food, the staff and the room were exactly what we wanted. We had 150 people and we were comfortable at dinner. There were concerns with the dance floor at first being too small but it was the perfect size for every one of our 150 guests to be on it all night! The cocktail hour was tight, but we had the servers butler out drinks. Even with that, the bar was packed. At dinner, we had wine service at the tables and two bars! Which was necessary! Overall, we had the best time ever! If we had to do it all over again, we would pick The Omni Hotel every single time!!
    Debbie Married on 05/31/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Spectacular! Our decision to have the wedding here was a brilliant one! Lauren is a dream to work with, the room was beautiful, the food delicious. The location made for gorgeous pictures in the park. They only have one wedding at a time and the entire staff from bellman to room service seemed to know who we were and to be excited for us. I wholeheartedly recommend this venue.
  • User1707190 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The staff at the Omni in Philadelphia was exceptional. Everyone seemed genuinely happy to be a part of our special day and went well out of their way to accommodate every person and every request. In particular, Lauren Westerman was by far, the best. She handled every single thing with such precision and enthusiasm that she is quite literally worth more than her weight in gold. Do not miss out on the opportunity to work with her in fabulous facilities with wonderful people.
    Janet Married on 09/21/2013
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The Omni Hotel was the perfect venue for our wedding. We loved the location, the ambiance, the food, the staff, everything!! Even having to transition coordinators, our ceremony and reception turned out so beautifully. Can't thank Lauren, who had to pick up on our wedding details so soon before the event, and the entire Omni staff enough! I was so reassured that everything would go fine with her professionalism and attention to detail and it did. It was a perfect night. Our guests continue to rave about how wonderful the food was, and how the hotel was in such a great spot for visiting the city. Especially want to thank Kevin, Tarra, and Sue too for their service during the reception with us and our guests during dinner and at the bar. Thank you Omni for giving us such a memorable wedding to look back on!
    Sandy Married on 09/15/2012
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We held both our wedding ceremony and reception at The Omni Hotel at Independence Park, and chose the 5-hour, open bar, sit-down menu. We were looking for a more intimate, private venue for our ceremony and reception, and the Azalea Room is just that. At first, I was hesitant to book the venue because it does seem rather small when you first walk in. On the day of our wedding though, we had plenty of space and it never seemed cramped (we had about 95 guests). Plenty of room to dance and a spacious bar area. Several guests commented that they loved the layout - it was like a large, private dinner party.
    The food was absolutely delicious! Couldn't get enough of the hors d'oeuvres and loved our entrees. Chef was very accommodating for allergies/vegetarians. Our cake was exactly what I had asked for and delicious.
    The presidential suite is by far the best hotel room I have ever stayed in. Parking at the hotel is expensive for your guests, but comparable to all other venues in the city.
    Alicia Reinsel, the event coordinator, was helpful, straight-forward, responsive, and flexible. Even though we were on a budget, Alicia found a way for us to have all of the things we wanted in our wedding. She and the chef provided us with an alternate/more affordable cut of meat when the filet was outside of our budget. Alicia made the venue look personal and beautiful with the few extra decorations I provided (family pictures, candles, etc).
    I know some people shy away from "all included" wedding packages, but The Omni allows you to have everything included while making it your own. On the day of, my husband and I didn't have to worry about anything - Alicia and her staff took care of it and gave us the best day of our lives. Many of my friends are taking out loans to afford weddings at other city locations. I had a center city, evening wedding on a popular date and stayed UNDER BUDGET! I have absolutely no complaints about our experience with The Omni.
    Stephen Married on 08/18/2012
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Alicia at the Omni was absolutely irreplacable. She easy to work with and incredibly helpful from the day we first contacted her. She had suggestions that were helpful without being pushy and was willing to do anything to make our wedding great. She is so conscious of every little detail on the day of; I could not have asked for more. She was a dream come true for us as bride and groom and all of our guests.

The food, setting and staff at the Omni were unbelievable. Willing to accomodate any and all requests and executing it perfectly. I could not imagine our wedding going any better and I could not imagine our wedding anywhere else.
illustration stars