Renaissance Orchestra Reviews

81 Reviews for Renaissance Orchestra

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

1 User photo

Renaissance Orchestra 1

Renaissance Orchestra is the most amazing band ever! We just had them for our wedding and they were phenomenal! Everyone still keeps talking about them. Phaedra is their MC and coordinator and band member, she is very easy to deal with. She answers all questions promptly. She even drove with her husband (the drummer) about an hour away to meet us to discuss last minute details. My parents orchestrated a surprise for us and they get the bands help to do it, from what I understand it was done seamlessly. We had them learn 3 songs for our wedding: our wedding song, my dad and my song and our entrance into the reception song. My husband and I are performers so we were pretty specific about how we wanted these songs played, even down to the tempo. On our wedding day, those songs made us cry because they were PERFECT! There is not one weak member of this band. They play a wide variety of music. They have 4 vocalists- 2 males and 2 females. They also have some latin music which is great since my mom's side is hispanic. We can't recommend this band more. We will definitely use them again for something! Thank you for making our day wonderful!

Sent on 09/16/2014

Devin · Married on 05/23/2014

AMAZING...AMAZING...AMAZING! I cannot say enough good things about Renaissance. So professional, so talented, and they know how to get everyone to dance. I am constantly being told how great they were at the wedding and how they couldn't stop dancing. Thank you for making my wedding so incredible!

Sent on 06/09/2014

candace · Married on 05/23/2014

Fantastic band. When I looked back at the reception seating and saw no one sitting, I knew we had made the right choice. Professional, exceptional musicians, and fun. I hope my other two daughters get married in the area so we can hire them again!

Sent on 07/12/2014

What a party- when beginning our planning for the wedding reception, I had one goal in mind and that was for everyone to dance the night away. Mission accomplished! All 250 guests were up on the dance floor at some point and most got up after our first dance and hardly left except to eat!! People are still telling us what a fantastic time they had and they all mention what an awesome band we had. Renaissance Orchestra was stellar and I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 01/05/2014

Renaissance Orchestra was the best decision we made for our wedding ceremony. They had our party dancing the entire night. All of our guests said they were the best wedding band they've ever heard!

Sent on 01/26/2014

Anne · Married on 08/31/2013

I cannot fully express how amazing this band was! They learned three songs for us, one of which was a Phish song (not that easy) and they nailed all three. They really listened to our preferences and played genres that we selected. Not only are they wonderful musicians, but they are affordable (they are an independent band, so you don't pay extra to go through a booking company), responsive, and super professional. So many people at our wedding raved about this band, and they made our reception unforgettable! I will most certainly be recommending Renaissance Orchestra to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 09/04/2013

Renaissance Orchestra was everything you would hope a wedding band to be! Phaedra and Leon were amazing to work throughout the planning process so stressing about the band was something we never had to do. The dance floor was packed all night long. They learned our wedding song and a couple other songs for us and they sounded awesome. We were very pleased and our guests loved them. My Maid of Honor is now looking to book them for her wedding.

Sent on 08/30/2013

This band is BY FAR the best wedding band that I have ever seen. They did both of my sisters weddings and we knew that we had to have them. Phaedra is absolutely amazing to work with and will accommodate just about anything. They are based out of Philadelphia and made the trip to Virginia for our wedding. I can't tell you how many people have come to us saying that it was the best band they have heard and asking where we found them. They play fun, energetic songs and really get the crowd going. My mother-in-law is even planning on having them down at some point for when she has a party. I could write forever as to how much I love this band... But I will leave it at that.

Sent on 08/29/2013

Caitlin · Married on 05/25/2013

If you want the best wedding band ever, then hire Renaissance Orchestra! They kept the party going all night long, and several of my guests have already tried to book them for their weddings. The band's manager, Phaedra, is awesome to work with. She is very knowledgeable and makes the whole music process very easy. I cannot say enough great things, this band is simply amazing!

Sent on 08/29/2013

Sandra · Married on 05/04/2013

Our daughter's wedding was held in Philadelphia on May 4, 2013. We cannot possibly find enough words to convey our appreciation and thanks for making her wedding "insanely fun" (as one of our guests commented)! Phaedra was gracious, warm and professional to deal with. She met with our daughter and her fiance to be sure that all the details were conveyed to her, and talked to us, her parents, as well. The music was phenomenal. Everyone remarked about the awesome sound of the band. The dancing went on all night. Even the representative from the venue's caterer said that they never saw so many people dancing for so long at a wedding. "The best wedding band I ever heard"..."Will the band go to our city?"..."How were you lucky enough to find them?"..."insanely fun"..."The most fun I have ever had at a wedding"..."Fantastic music".."I could have danced all night."...were only some of the many comments we received about this fantastic awesome music Our deepest thanks to Phaedra and the orchestra for your attention to detail, making the process so warm and easy, and most of all, for giving our daughter, her fiance and all of our 250 guests a night they will always remember with joy.

Sent on 05/26/2013

Sabrina · Married on 04/27/2013

Renaissance Orchestra was absolutely fantastic. We simply couldn't have selected a better band for our wedding!

Sent on 08/23/2013

Phaedra of Renaissance Orchestra was wonderful to work with. She is very organized and responsive. She took my long list of suggestions and pared it down to a flawless evening of continuous music.
    She also added to the band by including a congo player so that they could play some of our key songs.
    Hiring them was one of the best decision I made for my wedding.

Sent on 01/10/2013

Daniel · Married on 11/10/2012

The Renaissance Orchestra has performed for our hospital's Charity Ball for the past several years. We have been impressed by their quality, value, professionalism and responsiveness to our special requests. The fact that we have asked them to return for our event year after year is our best recommendation.

Sent on 11/30/2012

jennifer · Married on 11/03/2012

AMAZING BAND! Had the entire party dancing all night long. My cousin's husband is a musician and has worked with high profile artists like Billy Joel, Madonna, etc. He was fully impressed with the band!!! All of our guest complimented the band and honestly they made the wedding a huge PARTY!!!!!! It was non-stop from the time they went on and they never took a break for the entire reception. Phaedra was easy to work with and basically gives you all the tools you know to make it the best reception ever!!!! Couldn't say enough about the band they were great!!!

Sent on 01/06/2013

Jennifer · event on 10/20/2012

This is an excellent band. The singers and musicians are extraordinary and very professional. We have worked with them for the past three years and look forward to working with them for years to come.

Sent on 11/20/2012

Gabrielle · Married on 10/13/2012

I was originally nervous about having a band at my wedding. But Renaissance totally rocked it! I didn't leave the dance floor and neither did my guests. They made our day even more special and fun. I can't thank them enough.
    Great people to work with as well. Quick to respond and meet with (even though I am from South Jersey and they are from Philadelphia). If they didn't know a song we wanted played they knew it by the wedding. Hope to attend another event they are playing at. Yeah, they are that good!

Sent on 11/13/2012

Tony · Married on 09/09/2012

The Renaissance Orchestra provided all the music for our wedding ceremony, cocktail party, and wedding reception. They are true professionals, and made our entire wedding fun, memorable, and easy. The ceremony music was traditional and beautiful. The ballads and standards at the happy hour were cool and classy. After dinner they cranked up the band and played a great mix of dance music from 60s classics, 70s rock and disco, to modern rock. As a former musician, I have a great respect and appreciation for the fine musical perormance that they did for us.
    Tony Seyfert, former lead trumpet
    Penn State Blue Band

Sent on 11/12/2012
  • Jason

Jason · Married on 08/05/2012

AMAZING. AMAZING. AMAZING. AMAZING. AMAZING.

I toured internationally as a professional musician for 4 years. I have a degree in Music Education. I now book shows for a large regional performing arts center with seating for over 3000 in our building. So, when I say I know quality musicianship and showmanship, I mean it. And, here, I say, "The Renaissance Orchestra" is AMAZING.

From first contact through the final notes of our wedding reception, the band was nothing but professional and talented. Phaedra and Leon did a great job heading the band, talking with us about what we wanted/didn't want, and then the group provided outstanding music througout our cocktail hour and wedding reception.

If I could, I'd turn The Renaissance Orchestra's review up to an 11.0!!

Sent on 09/03/2012

Crystal · Married on 06/30/2012

Renaissance Orchestra was amazing! They were full of energy, sounded wonderful, and played the perfect mix of music to appeal to all of the generations of guests. They had all of our guests out on the dance floor the entire night. The venue actually had to request people to sit down so that they could serve dinner! For months after our wedding my husband and I received compliments on how awesome our band was. Also, Phaedra and Leon (the band leader) took the time to get to know my husband's and my musical tastes, and they ended the night on the perfect song for us without us requesting it. Book Renaissance Orchestra, you will not regret it.

Sent on 12/09/2012
  • User2770172 · event on 05/11/2012

The band had our group up and dancing all night...something we were never able to accomplish with a DJ! The staff and especially the manager were extremely professional and great to work with!

Sent on 11/14/2012

Susan · event on 04/21/2012

Renaissance Orchestra provides an exceptional experience for our annual black tie gala for the American Cancer Society held at Lehigh Country Club. They are a joy to work with in pre-event planning and provide outstanding entertainment the day of the event.

Sent on 11/20/2012

Andrea · Married on 02/19/2012

this band is so great! I highly recommend them. they even played a bit longer on the last dance until my groom could be located. the entire party was dancing and all the guests had a great time. Phaedra is great to work with and I appreciated that she is very personable and nice.

Sent on 02/22/2012

Ariel · Married on 11/06/2011

what a positive experience - so easy to work with and everyone who attended was OBSESSED with R.O. "best band they have ever seen play at a wedding"

Sent on 01/20/2012

Chris · Married on 10/28/2011

I cannot write enough good things about Phaedra and the Renaissance Orchestra. They were complete professionals throughout the entire process. Our Wedding was the weekend of Halloween so we requested that they play Thriller. It was their first time playing it and it sounded like they had been playing it for years. They are all extremely talented musicians and can play any song that you could ever think of. Our entire party was out on the dance floor all night. The energy was so intense that we decided not to have the cake cutting ceremony because everyone was having so much fun on the dance floor. It has been months later and we are still receiving compliments about the band. I truly am thankful for finding this band and I hope I go to a wedding in the future where they are playing.

Sent on 04/08/2012

G · Married on 10/16/2011

Our daughter's wedding last week was such FUN! The dance floor was hopping throughout the entire reception! We had seen/heard Renaissance Orchestra at 2 other weddings and we were instantly hooked. We LOVE them! They are truly amazing. They played everything my daughter wanted, and played it well. They looked great and sounded great! They were so easy to work with, they were always responsive to our questions, and they have a huge repertoire. They handled every detail: ceremony music, cocktail hour, introductions, reception, etc.. I enjoyed the party because I knew we were in great hands! They know how to run a wedding party - our guests raved about the band, and how terrific they were. Thank you Renaissance Orchestra! You're the BEST!

Sent on 10/24/2011